Alias: Staphylococcus hominis Kloos and Schleifer 1975 emend. Kloos et al. 1998
- A sequence variant of Staphylococcus hominis with a high prevalence of oxacillin and fluoroquinolone resistanceJ E Fitzgibbon
Department of Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, USA
Res Microbiol 152:805-10. 2001A newly identified subspecies of Staphylococcus hominis, S. hominis subsp. novobiosepticus, was found to be the cause of several invasive infections at a hospital in New Jersey. This subspecies differs from classical S. hominis, now S...
- Identification in methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus hominis of an active primordial mobile genetic element for the staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusYuki Katayama
Department of Bacteriology, Faculty of Medicine, Juntendo University, Tokyo, Japan
J Bacteriol 185:2711-22. 2003..In the present work, we detected homologues of the ccr genes in Staphylococcus hominis type strain GIFU12263 (equivalent to ATCC 27844), which is susceptible to methicillin...
- Prevalence and persistence of coagulase-negative Staphylococcus species in three dairy research herdsB E Gillespie
Department of Animal Science, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Vet Microbiol 134:65-72. 2009..hyicus (26%), Staphylococcus epidermidis (10%), Staphylococcus simulans (7%), Staphylococcus warneri (2%), Staphylococcus hominis (2%), Staphylococcus saprophyticus (1%), Staphylococcus xylosus (1%), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (<1%),..
- Interventions for control of Salmonella: clearance of microbial growth from rubber picker fingersJ W Arnold
USDA, Agricultural Research Service, Russell Research Center, PO Box 5677, Athens, GA 30604 5677, USA
Poult Sci 88:1292-8. 2009..were present: Bacillus amyloliquefaciens, Bacillus cereus/thuringiensis, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis ssp. novobiosepticus, and Staphylococcus intermedius...
- Differentiation of Staphylococcus spp. by high-resolution melting analysisMichal Slany
Centre for Cardiovascular Surgery and Transplantations, Pekarska 53, 656 91 Brno, Czech Republic
Can J Microbiol 56:1040-9. 2010..Staphylococcus capitis, Staphylococcus caprae, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus intermedius, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Staphylococcus sciuri, Staphylococcus simulans, ..
- Molecular characterization of femA from Staphylococcus hominis and Staphylococcus saprophyticus, and femA-based discrimination of staphylococcal speciesP Vannuffel
Laboratory of Applied Molecular Technology, Brussels, Belgium
Res Microbiol 150:129-41. 1999....
- Renal tolerability of teicoplanin in a case of neonatal overdoseV Fanos
Department of Pediatrics University of Verona, Italy
J Chemother 10:381-4. 1998..which recovered within 7 days of life, antibiotic therapy with teicoplanin was started for sepsis due to Staphylococcus hominis. However, for 5 days the dosage was excessive (20 mg/kg twice daily instead of an initial dose of 16 mg/kg ..
- Identification of the nukacin KQU-131, a new type-A(II) lantibiotic produced by Staphylococcus hominis KQU-131 isolated from Thai fermented fish product (Pla-ra)Pongtep Wilaipun
Department of Fishery Products, Faculty of Fisheries, Kasetsart University, Chatuchak, Bangkok, Thailand
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 72:2232-5. 2008b>Staphylococcus hominis KQU-131, isolated from Thai fermented marine fish, produces a heat stable bacteriocin...
- Use of the VITEK 2 system for rapid identification of clinical isolates of Staphylococci from bloodstream infectionsTeresa Spanu
Institute of Microbiology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
J Clin Microbiol 41:4259-63. 2003..Only one strain (0.2%) was misidentified (Staphylococcus hominis as Staphylococcus epidermidis), and four (1%), all S. epidermidis, were not identified...
- Reliable identification of clinically prevalent species and subspecies of staphylococci by sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis analysisOlinda Cabral da Silva Santos
Institute of Microbiology, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 64:1-5. 2009..Except for 5 isolates that presented biochemical profiles of Staphylococcus hominis subsp. hominis, but were identified as S. hominis subsp...
- Detection and characterization of erythromycin-resistant methylase genes in Gram-positive bacteria isolated from poultry litterA A Khan
Division of Microbiology, National Center for Toxicological Research, Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 59:377-81. 2002..2 kb plasmid in Staphylococcus hominis and S. sciuri, on a 6.0 kb plasmid in S. xylosus, and on a 7.0 kb plasmid in S. lentus...
- Whole-genome sequence of Staphylococcus hominis, an opportunistic pathogenSaiping Jiang
Department of Pharmacy, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
J Bacteriol 194:4761-2. 2012b>Staphylococcus hominis is a commensal coagulase-negative species of staphylococci. It has been considered a presumptive and opportunistic pathogen that causes nosocomial infections in humans. Here we present the draft genome sequence of S...
- Evaluation of phenotypic methods for methicillin resistance characterization in coagulase-negative staphylococci (CNS)Juliana Caierão
Fundacao Faculdade Federal de Ciencias Medicas de Porto Alegre, Rua Sarmento Leite 245 211, Porto Alegre, RS 90050 170, Brazil
J Med Microbiol 53:1195-9. 2004..epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus...
- Multilocus sequence typing and further genetic characterization of the enigmatic pathogen, Staphylococcus hominisLiangfen Zhang
Department of Microbiology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e66496. 2013b>Staphylococcus hominis is a commensal resident of human skin and an opportunistic pathogen. The species is subdivided into two subspecies, S. hominis subsp. hominis and S. hominis subsp. novobiosepticus, which are difficult to distinguish...
- Characterization of bacteria of the genus Staphylococcus isolated from the eggs of Japanese quail (Coturnix coturnix japonica)E Pyzik
Department of Avian Diseases, Institute of Biological Bases of Animal Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Life Sciences in Lublin, Głeboka 30, 20 612 Lublin, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 15:767-72. 2012..Among the species isolated (11 in total), the most frequently occurring strains were of Staphylococcus hominis (26.7%), followed by Staphylococcus aureus (15.6%), S. xylosus and S. lentus (13...
- Phylogeny of bacteria isolated from Rhabditis sp. (Nematoda) and identification of novel entomopathogenic Serratia marcescens strainsJames T Tambong
Bacteriology Unit, Eastern Cereal and Oilseed Research Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Ottawa, ON, K1A 0C6, Canada
Curr Microbiol 66:138-44. 2013..One isolate each matched Pseudomonas mosselii, Rheinheimera aquimaris, Achromobacter marplatensis, or Staphylococcus hominis. Serratia isolates were examined further for their pathogenicity to Galleria mellonella larvae...
- ZAAPS Program results for 2010: an activity and spectrum analysis of linezolid using clinical isolates from 75 medical centres in 24 countriesRobert K Flamm
JMI Laboratories, North Liberty, IA, USA
J Chemother 24:328-37. 2012..Eight CoNS (Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis) isolates were observed to be resistant to linezolid (MIC, ≥8 μg/ml)...
- Microbiological and molecular characterization of Staphylococcus hominis isolates from bloodSoraya Mendoza-Olazarán
Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León Monterrey Nuevo León, Mexico
PLoS ONE 8:e61161. 2013Among Coagulase-Negative Staphylococci (CoNS), Staphylococcus hominis represents the third most common organism recoverable from the blood of immunocompromised patients...
- Bacterial flora and antimicrobial resistance in raw frozen cultured seafood imported to DenmarkGazi M Noor Uddin
Department of Veterinary Disease Biology, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
J Food Prot 76:490-9. 2013..cephalosporins was found in Pseudomonas, a genus naturally resistant to most β-lactam antibiotics, and in Staphylococcus hominis. Half of the isolates were susceptible to all antimicrobials tested...
- Staphylococcus jettensis sp. nov., a coagulase-negative staphylococcal species isolated from human clinical specimensAnnelies De Bel
Department of Microbiology and Infection Control, Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 63:3250-6. 2013..with the most closely related species of the genus Staphylococcus (Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus hominis and Staphlococcus lugdunensis) was observed...
- Prevalence and antimicrobial susceptibility patterns of bacteria from milkmen and cows with clinical mastitis in and around Kampala, UgandaDavid Patrick Kateete
Department of Medical Microbiology, School of Biomedical Sciences, Makerere University College of Health Sciences, Kampala, Uganda
PLoS ONE 8:e63413. 2013..Here we describe the distribution and antimicrobial susceptibility patterns of bacteria from cows with clinical mastitis in Kampala, Uganda. Due to high concern of zoonotic infections, isolates from milkmen are also described...
- Staphylococcus petrasii sp. nov. including S. petrasii subsp. petrasii subsp. nov. and S. petrasii subsp. croceilyticus subsp. nov., isolated from human clinical specimens and human ear infectionsRoman Pantucek
Division of Genetics and Molecular Biology, Department of Experimental Biology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Kotlarska 2, 611 37 Brno, Czech Republic
Syst Appl Microbiol 36:90-5. 2013..gene sequence indicated phylogenetic relatedness of the analyzed strains to Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus devriesei, and Staphylococcus lugdunensis...
- Characterization of novel phages isolated in coagulase-negative staphylococci reveals evolutionary relationships with Staphylococcus aureus phagesMarie Deghorain
Laboratoire de Génétique et Physiologie Bactérienne, Faculte de Sciences, IBMM, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Gosselies, Belgium
J Bacteriol 194:5829-39. 2012..isolated and sequenced three novel temperate Siphoviridae phages (StB12, StB27, and StB20) from the CoNS Staphylococcus hominis and S. capitis species...
- Sonication of explanted cardiac implants improves microbial detection in cardiac device infectionsAlessandra Oliva
Dipartimento di Sanità Pubblica e Malattie Infettive, Sapienza Università, Rome, Italy
J Clin Microbiol 51:496-502. 2013..Ten strains were detected only through sonication fluid culture: 6 Staphylococcus epidermidis strains, 1 Staphylococcus hominis strain, 2 Corynebacterium striatum strains, and 1 Brevundimonas sp...
- Synthesis, antibacterial activity and docking of 14-membered 9-O-(3-arylalkyl) oxime 11,12-cyclic carbonate ketolidesJian hua Liang
School of Life Science, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing 100081, China
Eur J Med Chem 59:54-63. 2013..032-0.064 μg/mL against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus hominis. The analog 10 with a propyl linker was less effective than both the corresponding 8 and 9 containing ..
- Species and staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) diversity among methicillin-resistant non-Staphylococcus aureus staphylococci isolated from pigsWannes Vanderhaeghen
Department of General Bacteriology, Veterinary and Agrochemical Research Centre, Groeselenbergstraat 99, B 1180 Ukkel, Belgium
Vet Microbiol 158:123-8. 2012..1%), Staphylococcus rostri (12.5%), Staphylococcus warneri (8.3%), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (2.7%) and Staphylococcus hominis (1.4%). SCCmec cassettes were of type IVa (29.2%), type IVc (25%), type III (22.2%), type V (5...
- Daptomycin lock therapy for grampositive long-term catheter-related bloodstream infectionsJ L del Pozo
Division of Infectious Diseases, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Int J Clin Pract 66:305-8. 2012..To evaluate the efficacy of Daptomycin (DPT) lock therapy in the treatment of Grampositive long-term catheter-related bloodstream infections (LT-CRBI)...
- Distribution of SCCmec-associated phenol-soluble modulin in staphylococciStefan Monecke
Institute for Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, Technical University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Mol Cell Probes 26:99-103. 2012..PSM-mec was detected in Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus fleuretti, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus pseudintermedius, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Staphylococcus simulans and Staphylococcus ..
- Antimicrobial activity of two techniques for arm skin disinfection of blood donors in BrazilM S Celere
Regional Blood Center of Ribeirão Preto, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Transfus Med 22:116-21. 2012....
- Activity of telavancin and comparator antimicrobial agents tested against Staphylococcus spp. isolated from hospitalised patients in Europe (2007-2008)Rodrigo E Mendes
JMI Laboratories, 345 Beaver Kreek Centre, Suite A, North Liberty, IA 52317, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 36:374-9. 2010..CoNS, telavancin was slightly more active against Staphylococcus capitis, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus lugdunensis and Staphylococcus xylosus (MIC(50)=0...
- Infectious aortitis and spondylodiscitis in patients with endovascular stentsG d'Ettorre
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Minerva Med 100:167-70. 2009..Blood culture was positive for Staphylococcus hominis resistant to oxacillin and ciprofloxacin...
- The incidence of bacteraemia after argon plasma coagulation in patients with chronic radiation proctocolitisL Lenz
Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Colorectal Dis 13:823-5. 2011..Argon plasma coagulation (APC) is considered a safe treatment for haemorrhagic chronic radiation proctocolitis (CRPC), but bacteraemia is a rare complication. The study aimed to evaluate the frequency of bacteraemia after APC...
- MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry speciation of staphylococci and their discrimination from micrococci isolated from indoor air of schoolroomsKaren Fox
Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
J Environ Monit 12:917-23. 2010..positive (Staphylococcus aureus [3 strains]) and coagulase negative: Staphylococcus warneri (4 isolates), Staphylococcus hominis (2), Staphylococcus saprophyticus (1) and Staphylococcus cohnii (1). S...
- Moluccensins H-J, 30-ketophragmalin limonoids from Xylocarpus moluccensisKhanitha Pudhom
Research Centre for Bioorganic Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, 10330, Thailand
J Nat Prod 73:263-6. 2010..Their structures were established by extensive spectroscopic analysis. Compound 2 displayed weak antibacterial activity against Staphylococcus hominis and Enterococcus faecalis.
- Diversity of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec structures in coagulase-negative staphylococci and relationship to drug resistanceElvira Garza-Gonzalez
Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Monterrey Nuevo Leon 64460, Mexico
J Med Microbiol 59:323-9. 2010..Staphylococcus cohnii (n=5), Staphylococcus hominis (n=3), Staphylococcus sciuri (n=1), Staphylococcus pasteuri (n=1) and the recently described species ..
- Double triplex real-time PCR assay for simultaneous detection of Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis, and Staphylococcus haemolyticus and determination of their methicillin resistance directly from positive blood cultAbdullah Kilic
Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy and School of Medicine, 06018 Ankara, Turkey
Res Microbiol 162:1060-6. 2011..PCR assay to simultaneously detect and identify Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus and their methicillin resistance in a single reaction directly from Gram-..
- Detection of new mutations conferring resistance to linezolid in glycopeptide-intermediate susceptibility Staphylococcus hominis subspecies hominis circulating in an intensive care unitA Sorlozano
Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Medicina, University of Granada, Granada, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 29:73-80. 2010..This report alerts to the possible appearance of clinical strains of methicillin-resistant staphylococci with intermediate resistance to glycopeptides, resistance to linezolid, and multiple resistance to other second-line antibiotics...
- Bacteriology of infected extracted pacemaker and ICD leadsMatteo Anselmino
University Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, San Giovanni Battista Hospital, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 10:693-8. 2009..Pacemaker and implantable cardioverter defibrillator infections, when not treated, lead to serious consequences. The aim is to identify the prevalent strains of the responsible bacteria to guide an effective therapy...
- Microbiological and molecular characterization of human clinical isolates of Staphylococcus cohnii, Staphylococcus hominis, and Staphylococcus sciuriElvira Garza-Gonzalez
Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Scand J Infect Dis 43:930-6. 2011..aim of this study was to characterize biofilm formation, antibiotic resistance, SCCmec type, and genetic relatedness in clinical isolates of Staphylococcus cohnii, Staphylococcus hominis, and Staphylococcus sciuri recovered from humans.
- Probiotic potential of Staphylococcus hominis MBBL 2-9 as anti-Staphylococcus aureus agent isolated from the vaginal microbiota of a healthy womanC Sung
Interdisciplinary Program for Bioengineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
J Appl Microbiol 108:908-16. 2010..To isolate and characterize an antagonist for use as probiotic agent in the biocontrol of Staphylococcus aureus...
- Rapid differentiation of Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis and other coagulase-negative staphylococci and meticillin susceptibility testing directly from growth-positive blood cultures by multiplex real-time PCRLeanne Jukes
Public Health Wales Microbiology ABM Swansea, Singleton Hospital, Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board, Swansea, UK
J Med Microbiol 59:1456-61. 2010..6% of the CoNS), 8 Staphylococcus capitis (15.1%), 3 Staphylococcus saprophyticus (5.7%), 4 Staphylococcus hominis (7.5%), 3 Staphylococcus haemolyticus (5.7%), 2 Staphylococcus warneri (3.8%), 1 Staphylococcus cohnii (1...
- In vitro activity of Ro 23-9424, a dual-action antibacterial agent, against bacterial isolates from cancer patients compared with those of other agentsK V Rolston
Department of Medical Specialties, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 36:879-82. 1992..0 micrograms of Ro 23-9424 per ml, whereas the MIC90 for Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus hominis isolates was 4.0 micrograms/ml. Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Enterococcus spp...
- Eustachian valve endocarditis: Rare case reports and review of literatureGaurav Alreja
Department of Medicine, Baystate Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Springfield, MA, USA
J Cardiovasc Dis Res 2:181-5. 2011..We report 2 new cases caused by vancomycin resistant Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcus hominis diagnosed on transesophageal echocardiography (TEE)...
- Transcriptional profiling analysis of the global regulator NorG, a GntR-like protein of Staphylococcus aureusQ C Truong-Bolduc
Infectious Diseases Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114 2696, USA
J Bacteriol 193:6207-14. 2011..and the putative SACOL2525 protein showed 87% homology with the bacitracin drug transporter BcrA of Staphylococcus hominis. Two pump genes most negatively affected by NorG were the NorC (4-fold) and AbcA (6-fold) genes...
- Species-specific sensitivity of coagulase-negative Staphylococci to single antibiotics and their combinationsGrazyna Szymanska
Department of Biosynthesis of Drugs, Medical University of Łódź, Poland
Pol J Microbiol 60:155-61. 2011..belonged to four species: Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus cohnii, Staphylococcus hominis. They originated from a hospital environment and from the skin of medical staff of the intensive care unit ..
- [Severe congenital neutropenia]Wilmer Córdova Calderón
Unidad de Inmunología del Hospital Guillermo Almenara Irigoyen, Lima, Peru
Rev Alerg Mex 57:176-81. 2010..Isolated agents were Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus hominis and Klebsiella sp...
- Molecular detection of enterotoxins E, G, H and I in Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from clinical samples of newborns in BrazilN G Vasconcelos
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Biosciences, UNESP Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Appl Microbiol 111:749-62. 2011..The objective of this study was to investigate the detection of SEE, SEG, SEH and SEI in strains of Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative staphylococci (CNS) using RT-PCR...
- [Investigation of reduced vancomycin susceptibility in methicillin-resistant staphylococci]Ferit Kuscu
Ministry of Health Diskapi Yildirim Beyazit Training and Research Hospital, Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology Clinics, Ankara, Turkey
Mikrobiyol Bul 45:248-57. 2011..23 Staphylococcus epidermidis, six Staphylococcus haemolyticus, five Staphylococcus chromogenes, three Staphylococcus hominis and four others) by API Staph kit (bioMerieux, USA)...
- Calcific myonecrosis of the leg: report of three patients presenting with infectionAthanassios Papanikolaou
Orthopedic Department, Hellenic Red Cross Hospital, Athens, Greece
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 12:247-50. 2011..Calcific myonecrosis is a rare late complication of trauma, affecting almost exclusively the lower limb. Its radiologic appearance is characteristic. Superimposed infection usually is a sequela of biopsy...
- Resistance of bacterial biofilms formed on stainless steel surface to disinfecting agentJoanna Królasik
Institute of Agricultural and Food Biotechnology, Warsaw, Poland
Pol J Microbiol 59:281-7. 2010..Bacterial strains: Listeria innocua, Pseudomonas putida, Micrococcus luteus, Staphylococcus hominis strains, were isolated from food contact surfaces, after a cleaning and disinfection process...
- Antibiotic resistance and molecular characterization of clinical isolates of methicillin-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from bacteremic patients in oncohematologyO Bouchami
Laboratory Department, Centre National de Greffe de Moelle Osseuse, Tunis, Tunisia
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 56:122-30. 2011..6%) followed by Staphylococcus haemolyticus (22.2%) and Staphylococcus hominis (2.2%). Extended susceptibility profiles were generated for MRCoNS against 16 antimicrobial agents...
- Characterization and structure identification of an antimicrobial peptide, hominicin, produced by Staphylococcus hominis MBBL 2-9Pyoung Il Kim
School of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 744, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 399:133-8. 2010..The present study is the first report of this novel antimicrobial peptide, which has uncommon amino acid residues like the ones in Class I group and shows potent activity against clinically relevant S. aureus, MRSA and VISA...
- Pathogenicity of Staphylococcus lugdunensis, Staphylococcus schleiferi, and three other coagulase-negative staphylococci in a mouse model and possible virulence factorsD W Lambe
Department of Microbiology, James H Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN 37614
Can J Microbiol 36:455-63. 1990..lugdunensis, S. schleiferi, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus warneri, and Staphylococcus hominis, using a mouse model in which a foreign body preadhered with the test strain was implanted subcutaneously, ..
- Identification of coagulase-negative staphylococci other than Staphylococcus epidermidis by automated ribotypingE Carretto
Laboratori Sperimentali di Ricerca, Area Infettivologica, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Clin Microbiol Infect 11:177-84. 2005..capitis, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus simulans, S...
- Successful liver and kidney transplantation from cadaveric donors with left-sided bacterial endocarditisFrancisco Caballero
Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Organ and Tissue Procurement for Transplantation, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Transplant 5:781-7. 2005..responsible for the endocarditis were Staphylococcus epidermidis, coagulase-negative Staphylococcus, Staphylococcus hominis and Streptococcus viridans, respectively...
- A comparison of adherence by four strains of Staphylococcus intermedius and Staphylococcus hominis to canine corneocytes collected from normal dogs and dogs suffering from atopic dermatitisN A McEwan
Division of Companion Animals, Department of Verterinary Clinical Studies, Institute of Comparative Medicine, University of Glasgow Veterinary School, Bearsden Road, Glasgow G61 1QH, UK
Res Vet Sci 78:193-8. 2005..study was to compare the adherence of four strains of Staphylococcus intermedius and a single strain of Staphylococcus hominis to corneocytes from both normal dogs and dogs suffering from atopic dermatitis...
- Staphylococcus hominis endophthalmitis associated with a capsular hypopyonMohan N Iyer
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 139:930-2. 2005To report a case of Staphylococcus hominis endophthalmitis associated with a capsular hypopyon.
- Widespread distribution of disinfectant resistance genes among staphylococci of bovine and caprine origin in NorwayJostein Bjorland
Department of Production Animal Clinical Sciences, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Oslo
J Clin Microbiol 43:4363-8. 2005..pST94-like) in Staphylococcus cohnii and Staphylococcus warneri, and qacJ (two isolates) was found in Staphylococcus hominis and Staphylococcus delphini on a plasmid (pNVH01) previously found in equine staphylococci...
- Nosocomial spread of a Staphylococcus hominis subsp. novobiosepticus strain causing sepsis in a neonatal intensive care unitFernando Chaves
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario Doce de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Microbiol 43:4877-9. 2005From 2002 to 2003, 32 isolates of Staphylococcus hominis subsp. novobiosepticus (SHN) were recovered from 21 patients, 18 of whom were neonates, with 13 considered to have late-onset SHN sepsis...
- PCR evaluation of false-positive signals from two automated blood-culture systemsZ Ceren Karahan
Division of Paediatric Molecular Pathology and Genetics, Ankara University, School of Medicine, 06100 Cebeci, Ankara, Turkey
J Med Microbiol 55:53-7. 2006..bacteria (number of isolates in parentheses): Pasteurella multocida (1), Staphylococcus epidermidis (2), Staphylococcus hominis (1), Micrococcus sp. (1), Streptococcus pneumoniae (1), Corynebacterium spp. (2), Brachibacterium sp...
- Pacemaker lead endocarditis caused by Staphylococcus hominisMustafa Sunbul
Department of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Ondokuz Mayis University, Medical School, Samsun, Turkey
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 29:543-5. 2006..Blood cultures grew Staphylococcus hominis. The patient was treated with antibiotics and operated on after the acute phase of the illness had ..
- [Evaluation of 61 episodes of infective endocarditis in intravenous drug abusers and human immunodeficiency type-1 virus infection]M E Corti
Unidad 10, Hospital de Infecciosas F J Muñiz, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Argent Microbiol 36:85-7. 2004..1%), Streptococcus viridans in 8 (19.5%) patients, Staphylococcus epidermidis in 1 (2.4%), Staphylococcus hominis in 1 (2.4%) and Streptococcus pneumoniae in one case (2.4%)...
- Application of molecular typing methods to characterize nosocomial coagulase-negative staphylococci collected in a Greek hospital during a three-year period (1998-2000)I Spiliopoulou
Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica, Universidade Nova de Lisboa ITQB UNL, Oeiras, Portugal
Microb Drug Resist 9:273-82. 2003..demonstrated the existence, persistence and spread of MRSE, MR-Staphylococcus haemolyticus, and MR-Staphylococcus hominis clones in this hospital, whereas the SmaI/murE hybridization pattern was shown to be a valuable tool for ..
- Epidemiology and susceptibilities to mercury preservatives of staphylococci isolated from used eye-drops preserved with thiomersalS K Du Bois
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, University of London, UK
J Pharm Pharmacol 47:193-6. 1995Minimum inhibitory concentrations (MICs) of seven independent isolates of Staphylococcus hominis isolated in the same week from used eye-drops, preserved with thiomersal and collected from wards and clinics in the same hospital, ranged ..
- Differentiation of bacterial 16S rRNA genes and intergenic regions and Mycobacterium tuberculosis katG genes by structure-specific endonuclease cleavageM A Brow
Third Wave Technologies Inc, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
J Clin Microbiol 34:3129-37. 1996..Structural fingerprinting by digestion with Cleavase I is a rapid, simple, and sensitive method for analyzing nucleic acid sequences and may find wide utility in microbial analysis...
- The Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcus epidermidis transferrin-binding proteins are expressed in vivo during infectionB J Modun
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nottingham, University Park, UK
Microbiology 144:1005-12. 1998..In two of these patients, each of whom experienced an episode of peritonitis due to S. epidermidis or Staphylococcus hominis, antibodies to the TBP appeared in the HPD collected immediately post-infection...
- Clinical importance of identifying coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from blood cultures: evaluation of MicroScan Rapid and Dried Overnight Gram-Positive panels versus a conventional reference methodM P Weinstein
Department of Medicine, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903 0019, USA
J Clin Microbiol 36:2089-92. 1998..The most common species detected were Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis, and Staphylococcus haemolyticus...
- Molecular cloning of a 32-kilodalton lipoprotein component of a novel iron-regulated Staphylococcus epidermidis ABC transporterA Cockayne
Institute of Infections and Immunity, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2UH, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 66:3767-74. 1998..epidermidis and S. aureus and of 40 kDa in Staphylococcus hominis. No reactivity was detected with Staphylococcus lugdunensis, Staphylococcus cohni, or Staphylococcus ..
- Staphylococcus hominis subsp. novobiosepticus subsp. nov., a novel trehalose- and N-acetyl-D-glucosamine-negative, novobiocin- and multiple-antibiotic-resistant subspecies isolated from human blood culturesW E Kloos
North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27695 7614, USA
Int J Syst Bacteriol 48:799-812. 1998A new subspecies, Staphylococcus hominis subsp. novobiosepticus, isolated from human blood cultures, a wound, a breast abscess and a catheter tip, is described on the basis of a study of 26 strains isolated between 1989 and 1996...
- Clonal spread of staphylococci among patients with peritonitis associated with continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysisT Monsen
Department of Clinical Bacteriology and Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital of Umea, Sweden
Kidney Int 57:613-8. 2000..Coagulase-negative staphylococci (CNS) are the most common causes of peritonitis, only limited information is available regarding the distribution and epidemiology of different CNS species associated with CAPD peritonitis...
- The antibacterial activity of topical retinoids: the case of retinaldehydeM Pechere
Department of Dermatology, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Dermatology 205:153-8. 2002..Little attention has been given to the many other potential actions on the surface of the skin...
- DNA fingerprinting of a multi-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from biomaterials in dialysis servicesKamel Chaieb
Laboratoire de Bactériologie de l Hôpital Ibn El Jazzar de Kairouan, Tunisie
Arch Med Res 37:953-60. 2006..Coagulase-negative staphylococci (CoNS) have emerged as an important opportunistic pathogen isolated in hospital. Several species of CoNS have been implicated in human infections and disease especially in patients with poor health status...
- Staphylococcal and micrococcal adherence to canine and feline corneocytes: quantification using a simple adhesion assayYi Fang Lu
Division of Companion Animal Studies, Institute of Comparative Medicine, University of Glasgow Veterinary School, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1QH, UK
Vet Dermatol 18:29-35. 2007..The numbers of adherent bacteria were, however, generally lower for feline corneocytes. Both Staphylococcus hominis and a Micrococcus species adhered poorly to canine and feline corneocytes...
- Alcohol increases hemolysis by staphylococciMoshe Korem
Department of Human Microbiology, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
FEMS Microbiol Lett 269:153-9. 2007..species of staphylococci, including strains of Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus hominis. In order to study this novel phenomenon in S. aureus and S...
- Exopolysaccharide production by lactose-hydrolyzing bacteria isolated from traditionally fermented milkRolene Bauer
Institute for Plant Biotechnology, Genetics Department, Stellenbosch University, Matieland 7602, Stellenbosh, South Africa
Int J Food Microbiol 131:260-4. 2009..EPS production was assigned for the first time to members of the species Staphylococcus hominis and Enterococcus lactis, and also to apparently novel species of the genera Sphingomonas and Acinetobacter...
- Comparison of three phenotypic techniques for detection of methicillin resistance in Staphylococcus spp. reveals a species-dependent performanceMichael A John
London Health Sciences Centre, London, Ontario, Canada
J Antimicrob Chemother 63:493-6. 2009..To evaluate the usefulness of the cefoxitin screen in Vitek 2 Gram-positive panels for recognizing methicillin-resistant strains of staphylococci...
- Diversity of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec structures in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains among outpatients from four countriesEtienne Ruppe
Laboratoire Associé CNR Résistance Dans les Flores Commensales, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:442-9. 2009..75 (78%) Staphylococcus epidermidis strains, 19 (20%) Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains, 1 (1%) Staphylococcus hominis strain, and 1 (1%) Staphylococcus cohnii strain, were analyzed...
- Distribution and expression of macrolide resistance genes in coagulase-negative staphylococciS G Gatermann
Abteilung für Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Clin Microbiol Infect 13:777-81. 2007..carried constitutively expressed erm(C) as the sole resistance determinant, with the notable exception of Staphylococcus hominis subsp. hominis, which carried inducible erm(C). The erm(A) and erm(B) determinants were comparatively rare...
- Staphylococcus hominis subsp. novobiosepticus strains causing nosocomial bloodstream infection in BrazilIzabel Cristina Vanzato Palazzo
Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av dos Bandeirantes 3900, Brazil
J Antimicrob Chemother 62:1222-6. 2008To report the isolation of six Staphylococcus hominis subsp...
- Bacterial contamination of random-donor platelets in a university hospital in the midwestern region of BrazilGeraldo Cunha
Laboratory of Clinical Microbiology, Institute of Tropical Pathology and Public Health of Federal University of Goiás, Goias, Brazil
Transfusion 48:282-5. 2008..The aims of the study were to determine the prevalence of microbiologic contamination in random-donor platelets (RDPs) and to identify the isolated microorganism obtained from a Brazilian university hemotherapy service...
- Evaluation of mucosal and seborrheic sites for staphylococci in two populations of captive psittacinesJeleen A Briscoe
Department of Clinical Studies Philadelphia, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 234:901-5. 2009..To survey 2 populations of psittacines to characterize Staphylococcus spp isolated from commensal cutaneous microflora...
- Inhibitory effect of Gram-negative and Gram-positive microorganisms against Helicobacter pylori clinical isolatesManuel López-Brea
Department of Microbiology, Hospital Universitario de la Princesa, Diego de Leon 62, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 61:139-42. 2008..To determine the in vitro inhibitory effect of several Gram-negative and Gram-positive microorganisms against Helicobacter pylori clinical isolates...
- Distribution of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) types I, II, III and IV in coagulase-negative staphylococci from patients attending a tertiary hospital in southern BrazilAlice Beatriz Mombach Pinheiro Machado
Unidade de Microbiologia e Biologia Molecular, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre 90 035 903, Brazil
J Med Microbiol 56:1328-33. 2007..epidermidis was the most common species, with 87 isolates, followed by Staphylococcus haemolyticus (15), Staphylococcus hominis (13), Staphylococcus capitis (12) and Staphylococcus sciuri (1)...
- Evolution of slime production by coagulase-negative staphylococci and enterotoxigenic characteristics of Staphylococcus aureus strains isolated from various human clinical specimensBanur Boynukara
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Yuzuncu Yil, 65080 Van, Turkey
J Med Microbiol 56:1296-300. 2007..2 %) were identified as CoNS. Of the CoNS, 20 (16.7 %) were further identified as Staphylococcus hominis, 18 (15 %) as Staphylococcus epidermidis, six (5 %) as Staphylococcus xylosus, six (5 %) as Staphylococcus ..
- Multiple staphylococcal cassette chromosomes and allelic variants of cassette chromosome recombinases in Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative staphylococci from NorwayAnne Merethe Hanssen
Department of Microbiology and Virology, Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Medical Biology, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:1671-7. 2007..III (mec complex A, ccrAB3, and ccrC7) in Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, and Staphylococcus hominis. Eleven of 42 strains contained multiple copies of ccr, suggesting the presence of mosaic structures ..
- [Pyomyositis, sacroiliitis and spondylodiscitis caused by Staphylococcus hominis in a immunocompetent woman]N Gomez Rodriguez
Servicios de Reumatología, Hospital POVISA, Vigo Pntevedra
An Med Interna 23:582-4. 2006..pyomyositis, left sacroiliitis and spondylodiscitis involving the first and second thoracic vertebrae by Staphylococcus hominis. This multifocal infection occurred five-weeks after intramuscular administration of NSAI for treatment of ..
- StaphPlex system for rapid and simultaneous identification of antibiotic resistance determinants and Panton-Valentine leukocidin detection of staphylococci from positive blood culturesYi Wei Tang
Department of Medicine, Molecular Infectious Disease Laboratory, Vanderbilt University Hospital, 4605 TVC, Nashville, TN 37232 5310, USA
J Clin Microbiol 45:1867-73. 2007..3%) Staphylococcus epidermidis isolates, 10 (3.6%) Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolates, 27 (9.7%) Staphylococcus hominis isolates, 1 (0.4%) Staphylococcus lugdunensis isolate, and 36 (13...
- Antibiotic resistance patterns of coagulase-negative staphylococcus strains isolated from blood cultures of septicemic patients in TurkeyF Koksal
Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, 34098 Cerrahpasa, Istanbul, Turkey
Microbiol Res 164:404-10. 2009..epidermidis was the most prevalent species (87) followed by Staphylococcus haemolyticus (23), Staphylococcus hominis (19), Staphylococcus lugdunensis (18), Staphylococcus capitis (15), Staphylococcus xylosus (10), ..
- Changes in histamine and microbiological analyses in fresh and frozen tuna muscle during temperature abuseVagelis Economou
Food Microbiology Unit, Microbiology Department, Medical School, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
Food Addit Contam 24:820-32. 2007..isolated from the temperature-abused loins showed a varied ability of histamine production, with Morganella morganii, Klebsiella oxytoca, Staphylococcus hominis, and Enterococcus hirae being the most active histamine-producing bacteria.
- Bacterial contamination of water in dental unit reservoirsJolanta Szymanska
Department of Paedodontics, Medical University of Lublin, ul Staszica 11, 20 018 Lublin, Poland
Ann Agric Environ Med 14:137-40. 2007..maltophilia; Gram-positive cocci--Micrococcus luteus, Micrococcus lylae, Staphylococcus cohnii, Staphylococcus hominis ss novobiosepticus, Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp.; actinomycetes--Streptomyces albus...
- Staphylococcus hominis native mitral valve bacterial endocarditis (SBE) in a patient with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathyBurke A Cunha
Winthrop University Hospital, Mineola, New York State University of New York School of Medicine, Stony Brook, New York, USA
Heart Lung 36:380-2. 2007..To the best of our knowledge, we report the first case of Staphylococcal hominis mitral valve endocarditis in a patient with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy...
- Occurrence of staphylococci in the oral cavities of healthy adults and nasal oral trafficking of the bacteriaY Ohara-Nemoto
Department of Oral Molecular Biology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki 852 8588, Japan
J Med Microbiol 57:95-9. 2008..4 %), followed by Staphylococcus epidermidis (41.1 %) and others (Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus warneri, Staphylococcus intermedius, Staphylococcus capitis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, ..
- Changes in bacterial flora associated with skin damage on hands of health care personnelE L Larson
Georgetown University School of Nursing, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Infect Control 26:513-21. 1998..Although numbers were small, nurses with damaged hands were significantly more likely to be colonized with Staphylococcus hominis (P = .03)...
- Presence of an additional penicillin-binding protein in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus hominis, and Staphylococcus simulans with a low affinity for methicillin, cephalothin, and cefamandoleJ Pierre
Laboratoire de Microbiologie Medicale, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 34:1691-4. 1990..aureus SR 1550-9. These results suggest that this protein is similar to, if not the same as, PBP 2' of S. aureus and that it is involved in methicillin resistance in the four species studied...
- Evaluation of matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time-of-flight mass spectrometry in comparison to rpoB gene sequencing for species identification of bloodstream infection staphylococcal isolatesT Spanu
Istituto di Microbiologia, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Clin Microbiol Infect 17:44-9. 2011..capitis and subsp. urealyticus, Staphylococcus cohnii subsp. urealyticus, Staphylococcus hominis subsp. novobiosepticus and subsp. hominis, Staphylococcus saprophyticus subsp...