Alias: Staphylococcus haemolyticus Schleifer and Kloos 1975
Publications114 found, 100 shown here
- Rapid differentiation of Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis and other coagulase-negative staphylococci and meticillin susceptibility testing directly from growth-positive blood cultures by multiplex real-time PCRLeanne Jukes
Public Health Wales Microbiology ABM Swansea, Singleton Hospital, Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board, Swansea, UK
J Med Microbiol 59:1456-61. 2010..1%), 3 Staphylococcus saprophyticus (5.7%), 4 Staphylococcus hominis (7.5%), 3 Staphylococcus haemolyticus (5.7%), 2 Staphylococcus warneri (3.8%), 1 Staphylococcus cohnii (1...
- Evaluation of six commercial identification kits for the identification of Staphylococcus aureus isolated from bovine mastitisM Zschock
Public Investigation Office Hesse, Department of Veterinary Medicine, Giessen, Germany
J Appl Microbiol 98:450-5. 2005..Comparison of six commercially available in human medicine well-established slide agglutination systems for the identification of Staphylococcus aureus...
- Combinations of vancomycin and beta-lactams are synergistic against staphylococci with reduced susceptibilities to vancomycinM W Climo
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Virginia Campus of Virginia Commonwealth University, Hunter Holmes McGuire Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Richmond, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:1747-53. 1999..isolates of methicillin-resistant staphylococci (Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, and Staphylococcus haemolyticus) for which vancomycin MICs ranged from 1 to 16 microg/ml were tested by broth microdilution ..
- Investigation of Staphylococcus strains with heterogeneous resistance to glycopeptides in a Turkish university hospitalYasar Nakipoglu
Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
BMC Infect Dis 5:31. 2005..For this purpose, we aimed to investigate the heterogeneous resistance to glycopeptide and their frequencies in 135 Staphylococcus strains...
- In-vitro activities of 14-, 15- and 16-membered macrolides against gram-positive cocciJ M Hamilton-Miller
Department of Medical Microbiology, Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, London, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 29:141-7. 1992..The seven CR strains showing anomalous sensitivity to the 16 MM (five Staphylococcus haemolyticus and two enterococci) were only 'moderately resistant' to erythromycin (MIC 8-64 mg/L), while all the ..
- Mixed infection in adult bacterial meningitisW N Chang
Dept of Neurology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan
Infection 28:8-12. 2000..pneumoniae, Klebsiella oxytoca), Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus species (Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus haemolyticus), Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Acinetobacter baumannii, Enterococcus, Serratia marcescens, Citrobacter ..
- The origin of a methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolate at a neonatal ward in Sweden-possible horizontal transfer of a staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec between methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus aureusC Berglund
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:1048-56. 2008..aureus cell. The SCCmec elements are common among the coagulase-negative staphylococci, e.g. Staphylococcus haemolyticus, and these are considered to be potential SCCmec donors when new clones of MRSA arise...
- Dissemination among staphylococci of DNA sequences associated with methicillin resistanceG L Archer
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298 0049
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 38:447-54. 1994..epidermidis digests hybridized with pGO198 (46%), pGO195 (14%), or both probes (35%); all 20 Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolates hybridized with pGO198...
- Diversity of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec structures in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains among outpatients from four countriesEtienne Ruppe
Laboratoire Associé CNR Résistance Dans les Flores Commensales, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:442-9. 2009..Ninety-six MR-CoNS strains, comprising 75 (78%) Staphylococcus epidermidis strains, 19 (20%) Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains, 1 (1%) Staphylococcus hominis strain, and 1 (1%) Staphylococcus cohnii strain, were analyzed...
- Prevalence and persistence of coagulase-negative Staphylococcus species in three dairy research herdsB E Gillespie
Department of Animal Science, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Vet Microbiol 134:65-72. 2009..2%), Staphylococcus hominis (2%), Staphylococcus saprophyticus (1%), Staphylococcus xylosus (1%), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (<1%), Staphylococcus sciuri (<1%), and Staphylococcus intermedius (<1%)...
- Diversity of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec structures in coagulase-negative staphylococci and relationship to drug resistanceElvira Garza-Gonzalez
Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Monterrey Nuevo Leon 64460, Mexico
J Med Microbiol 59:323-9. 2010..strains studied, the most frequently isolated species were Staphylococcus epidermidis (n=26) and Staphylococcus haemolyticus (n=13)...
- Nitazoxanide inhibits biofilm formation by Staphylococcus epidermidis by blocking accumulation on surfacesFlorence Tchouaffi-Nana
Division of Infectious Diseases and International Health, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0734, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:2767-74. 2010..epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus with a 50% inhibitory concentration of approximately 2.5 microg/ml (8 microM)...
- Evolution of slime production by coagulase-negative staphylococci and enterotoxigenic characteristics of Staphylococcus aureus strains isolated from various human clinical specimensBanur Boynukara
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Yuzuncu Yil, 65080 Van, Turkey
J Med Microbiol 56:1296-300. 2007..2 %) as Staphylococcus sciuri, four (3.3 %) as Staphylococcus haemolyticus, and two each (1...
- Evaluation of three different molecular markers for the detection of Staphylococcus aureus by polymerase chain reactionSyed Riyaz-ul-Hassan
Biotechnology Division, Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine CSIR, Canal Road, Jammu Tawi 180001, India
Food Microbiol 25:452-9. 2008..Six of the strains were identified as Staphylococcus haemolyticus and one strain as Staphylococcus arlettae by 16S ribosomal gene analyses...
- Distribution of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) types I, II, III and IV in coagulase-negative staphylococci from patients attending a tertiary hospital in southern BrazilAlice Beatriz Mombach Pinheiro Machado
Unidade de Microbiologia e Biologia Molecular, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre 90 035 903, Brazil
J Med Microbiol 56:1328-33. 2007..indicated that Staphylococcus epidermidis was the most common species, with 87 isolates, followed by Staphylococcus haemolyticus (15), Staphylococcus hominis (13), Staphylococcus capitis (12) and Staphylococcus sciuri (1)...
- Trends in gram-positive bloodstream organism resistance: a seven-year audit of five glycopeptides and other drugs at a large university hospitalJ Ena
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City 52242
J Chemother 5:17-21. 1993..no patient duplicates) as follows: 132 Staphylococcus aureus, 129 Staphylococcus epidermidis, 72 Staphylococcus haemolyticus, 130 Enterococcus faecalis and 62 other enterococci...
- Distribution and expression of macrolide resistance genes in coagulase-negative staphylococciS G Gatermann
Abteilung für Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Clin Microbiol Infect 13:777-81. 2007..varied widely among staphylococcal species, from 0% in Staphylococcus lugdunensis to almost 90% in Staphylococcus haemolyticus. Most (63%) erythromycin-resistant isolates carried constitutively expressed erm(C) as the sole ..
- Characterization of coagulase-negative staphylococcal isolates from blood with reduced susceptibility to glycopeptides and therapeutic optionsSilvia Natoli
Intensive Care Unit, Department of Surgery, Tor Vergata University of Rome, Rome, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 9:83. 2009..The aim of this study was to characterize CoNS with reduced susceptibility to glycopeptides causing blood stream infection (BSI) in critically ill and haematology patients at the University Hospital Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy, in 2007...
- In vitro activity of daptomycin and tigecycline against coagulase-negative staphylococcus blood isolates from bone marrow transplant recipientsChristina Kratzer
Department of Medicine I, Division of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Diseases, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Haematol 79:405-9. 2007..This study presents the in vitro activity of daptomycin and tigecycline compared to vancomycin and fosfomycin against 105 CNS isolated from 76 bone marrow transplant patients with symptomatic bacteremia...
- Prevalence of methicillin-resistant, coagulase-negative staphylococci in neonatal intensive care units: findings from a tertiary care hospital in IndiaAmita Jain
Post Graduate Department of Microbiology, King George s Medical University, Lucknow 226003, India
J Med Microbiol 53:941-4. 2004..PCR for the mecA gene was carried out on 54 randomly selected isolates. Staphylococcus haemolyticus was the commonest species (34 %) followed by Staphylococcus epidermidis (24 %) amongst blood isolates...
- Susceptibility patterns of coagulase-negative staphylococci to several newer antimicrobial agents in comparison with vancomycin and oxacillinJ Ian Stuart
Department of Microbiology, London Health Sciences Centre, London, Ontario, Canada
Int J Antimicrob Agents 37:248-52. 2011..Daptomycin had good activity against all isolates. Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus hominis subsp...
- [Study on mec gene in methicillin-resistant staphylococci]T Yokoyama
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 67:1203-10. 1993..aureus (MSSA), methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains which were isolated in 1992 were surveyed for distribution of mecA, mecR1 (putative mecA gene ..
- Rapid identification of staphylococci from prosthetic joint infections using MALDI-TOF mass-spectrometryLlinos G Harris
Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Institute of Life Science, School of Medicine, Swansea University, Swansea, United Kingdom
Int J Artif Organs 33:568-74. 2010..epidermidis, 10 Staphylococcus capitis, 8 Staphylococcus lugdunensis, 2 Staphylococcus warneri, and 2 Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolates using the extraction method recommended by Bruker Daltonics...
- Fungal endophytes from Dioscorea zingiberensis rhizomes and their antibacterial activityL Xu
Department of Plant Pathology, College of Agronomy and Biotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China
Lett Appl Microbiol 46:68-72. 2008..The aim of the study was to isolate and characterize the endophytic fungi from the rhizomes of the Chinese traditional medicinal plant Dioscorea zingiberensis and to detect their antibacterial activities...
- Antimicrobial resistance and heat sensitivity of oxacillin-resistant, mecA-positive Staphylococcus spp. from unpasteurized milkAlan M McKay
Food Microbiology Branch, Agriculture Food and Environmental Science Division, Agri Food and Biosciences Institute and Department of Food Science, Queen s University of Belfast, Belfast BT9 5PX, Northern Ireland, UK
J Food Prot 71:186-90. 2008..The isolates were identified as five Staphylococcus epidermidis, two Staphylococcus lentus, and one Staphylococcus haemolyticus. No mecA-positive Staphylococcus aureus were isolated...
- Occurrence of staphylococci in the oral cavities of healthy adults and nasal oral trafficking of the bacteriaY Ohara-Nemoto
Department of Oral Molecular Biology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki 852 8588, Japan
J Med Microbiol 57:95-9. 2008..Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus warneri, Staphylococcus intermedius, Staphylococcus capitis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus lugdunensis and Staphylococcus gallinarum, isolation frequencies ranging in order from ..
- Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus: methicillin-resistant isolates are detected directly in blood cultures by multiplex PCREliezer M Pereira
Laboratório de Infecções Hospitalares, Departamento de Microbiologia Medica, Instituto de Microbiologia, Cidade Universitária Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Microbiol Res 165:243-9. 2010..methodology using specific primers to identify Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus and their methicillin-resistance directly from blood cultures...
- Differentiation of Staphylococcus spp. by high-resolution melting analysisMichal Slany
Centre for Cardiovascular Surgery and Transplantations, Pekarska 53, 656 91 Brno, Czech Republic
Can J Microbiol 56:1040-9. 2010..Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus capitis, Staphylococcus caprae, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus intermedius, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Staphylococcus ..
- Properties of recombinant Staphylococcus haemolyticus cystathionine beta-lyase (metC) and its potential role in the generation of volatile thiols in axillary malodorMyriam Troccaz
Firmenich SA, Corporate R and D Division, P O Box 239, CH 1211 Geneva 8
Chem Biodivers 5:2372-85. 2008..cloning and characterization of the metC-cystathionine beta-lyase from the axillary-isolated strain Staphylococcus haemolyticus AX3, in order to determine its activity and its involvement in amino acid biosynthesis, and in the ..
- Organization of the antiseptic resistance gene qacA and Tn552-related beta-lactamase genes in multidrug- resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains of animal and human originsI L Anthonisen
Department of Pharmacology, Microbiology, and Food Hygiene, The Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, 0033 Oslo MATFORSK, Norwegian Food Research Institute, N 1430 As, Norway
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:3606-12. 2002..genes of Tn552, the disinfectant resistance gene qacA, and flanking DNA has been cloned from a Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolate and sequenced...
- In vitro activity of Ro 23-9424, a dual-action antibacterial agent, against bacterial isolates from cancer patients compared with those of other agentsK V Rolston
Department of Medical Specialties, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 36:879-82. 1992..0 micrograms/ml. Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Enterococcus spp. were less susceptible; MIC90s for them were 16.0 and 32.0 micrograms/ml...
- Staphylococcus haemolyticus contains two D-glutamic acid biosynthetic activities, a glutamate racemase and a D-amino acid transaminaseM J Pucci
Department of Microbiology, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492 7660
J Bacteriol 177:336-42. 1995..using Escherichia coli WM335, a D-glutamic acid auxotroph, and cloned chromosomal DNA fragments from Staphylococcus haemolyticus revealed two distinct DNA fragments containing open reading frames which, when present, allowed growth ..
- How immunocompromised are short bowel patients receiving home parenteral nutrition? Apropos a case of disseminated Fusarium oxysporum sepsisChristoph Müller
First Medical Department, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 33:717-20. 2009..The possibility of systemic immunocompromise has only recently been suggested...
- Cell wall deficient bacteria as a cause of idiopathic hematuriaG J Domingue
Department of Urology, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana
J Urol 150:483-5. 1993..subcultured the organisms reverted to their related walled forms, that is Streptococcus agalactiae and Staphylococcus haemolyticus. Because the colonies of these organisms showed various patterns of biochemical reactivity, each ..
- [Antimicrobial susceptibility of coagulase negative staphylococci isolated from urine]A Uesugi
Clinical Laboratory, Juntendo University Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 70:187-97. 1996..The following bacteria were tested; Staphylococcus epidermidis (59 strains), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (42 strains), Staphylococcus saprophyticus (30 strains)...
- [Etiology of infections in the wounded victims of Wenchuan Earthquake]Yi Xie
Division of Clinical Microbiology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:366-70. 2009..To analyze the etiology of infections in the wounded victims of Wenchuan Earthquake...
- Invasive potential of bacterial isolates associated with subclinical bovine mastitisJosé L Anaya-López
Centro Multidisciplinario de Estudios en Biotecnología, Facultad de Medicina Veterinaria y Zootecnia, Universidad Michoacana de San Nicolas de Hidalgo, Apartado Postal 53, Administración Chapultepec Oriente, C P 58262 Morelia, Michoacan, Mexico
Res Vet Sci 81:358-61. 2006..comprising the staphylococcal species Staphylococcus aureus (3), Staphylococcus epidermidis (1), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (1), Staphylococcus equorum (2), Staphylococcus xylosus (1) and Brevibacterium stationis (2) obtained ..
- Beauvericin from the endophytic fungus, Fusarium redolens, isolated from Dioscorea zingiberensis and its antibacterial activityLijian Xu
College of Agronomy and Biotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, China
Nat Prod Commun 5:811-4. 2010..inhibitory concentration (IC50) values of beauvericin against six test bacteria (Bacillus subtilis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Pseudomonas lachrymans, Agrobacterium tumefaciens, Escherichia coli and Xanthomonas vesicatoria) were ..
- Development of a real-time PCR assay for the detection and identification of Staphylococcus capitis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus warneriTadayuki Iwase
Department of Microbiology II, Jikei University School of Medicine, 3 25 8 Nishi shinbashi, Minato ku, Tokyo 105 8461, Japan
J Med Microbiol 56:1346-9. 2007Staphylococcus capitis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus warneri are coagulase-negative staphylococci. Each species has different characteristics, and a difference in pathology is also seen in compromised hosts...
- Inverse paradoxical embolism in a patient on chronic hemodialysis with aortic bacterial endocarditisJ L Rocha
Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Sevilla, Spain
Am J Kidney Dis 34:338-40. 1999We present a 45-year-old patient on chronic hemodialysis who suffered aortic endocarditis by Staphylococcus haemolyticus after bacteremia associated with a venous catheter, which was used temporarily during the maturing phase of a Cimino-..
- Characterization of IS1272, an insertion sequence-like element from Staphylococcus haemolyticusG L Archer
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298 0049, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 40:924-9. 1996..the point of the mecR1 deletion was used as a probe, hybridization with multiple bands was detected for Staphylococcus haemolyticus genomic DNA...
- Internal bacterial flora of solid uterine cervical cancerH Mikamo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Gifu University, Japan
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 67:1057-61. 1993..3. The predominant bacteria isolated were the aerobes, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Streptococcus agalactiae, Escherichia coli and Gardnerella vaginalis, and Prevotella bivia...
- Core genome conservation of Staphylococcus haemolyticus limits sequence based population structure analysisJorunn Pauline Cavanagh
Pediatric Research Group, Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
J Microbiol Methods 89:159-66. 2012The notoriously multi-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus is an emerging pathogen causing serious infections in immunocompromised patients...
- Validation of the BacT/ALERT(R) 3D System for Rapid Sterility Testing of Biopharmaceutical SamplesLuis Jimenez
Microbiology Laboratory, Immunomedics Inc
PDA J Pharm Sci Technol 66:38-54. 2012..in sterile product recalls (Burkholderia cepacia), and four environmental isolates (Kocuria rhizophila, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Methylobacterium radiotolerans, and Penicillium spp.)...
- Species and staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) diversity among methicillin-resistant non-Staphylococcus aureus staphylococci isolated from pigsWannes Vanderhaeghen
Department of General Bacteriology, Veterinary and Agrochemical Research Centre, Groeselenbergstraat 99, B 1180 Ukkel, Belgium
Vet Microbiol 158:123-8. 2012..1%), Staphylococcus pasteuri (18.1%), Staphylococcus rostri (12.5%), Staphylococcus warneri (8.3%), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (2.7%) and Staphylococcus hominis (1.4%). SCCmec cassettes were of type IVa (29...
- Daptomycin lock therapy for grampositive long-term catheter-related bloodstream infectionsJ L del Pozo
Division of Infectious Diseases, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Int J Clin Pract 66:305-8. 2012..To evaluate the efficacy of Daptomycin (DPT) lock therapy in the treatment of Grampositive long-term catheter-related bloodstream infections (LT-CRBI)...
- The Use of Daptomycin and Linezolid to Treat Vancomycin-Intermediate Staphylococcus haemolyticus Infection in a Premature InfantKalen B Porter
University of Georgia College of Pharmacy
J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther 15:297-300. 2010..To our knowledge, this is the first published case report of the use of daptomycin to successfully treat a central nervous system infection in a premature infant...
- Activity of telavancin and comparator antimicrobial agents tested against Staphylococcus spp. isolated from hospitalised patients in Europe (2007-2008)Rodrigo E Mendes
JMI Laboratories, 345 Beaver Kreek Centre, Suite A, North Liberty, IA 52317, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 36:374-9. 2010..12 mg/L) compared with Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus saprophyticus and Staphylococcus warneri (MIC(50)=0.25mg/L)...
- Polymerase chain reaction detection of enterotoxins genes in coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from Brazilian Minas cheeseVera Lucia Mores Rall
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Biosciences, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Foodborne Pathog Dis 7:1121-3. 2010..saprophyticus, 16 Staphylococcus warneri, 10 Staphylococcus epidermidis, 9 Staphylococcus xylosus, 3 Staphylococcus haemolyticus, 2 Staphylococcus schleiferi subsp. schleiferi, and 1 each Staphylococcus capitis subsp...
- A pediatric patient with acute suppurative thyroiditis caused by Eikenella corrodensYayoi Yoshino
Department of General Pediatrics, Nihon University Nerima Hikarigaoka Hospital, Nihon University School of Medicine, 2 11 1 Hikarigaoka, Nerima ku, Tokyo, 179 0072, Japan
J Infect Chemother 16:353-5. 2010..The causative organisms of acute suppurative thyroiditis include Peptostreptococcus, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, and α-streptococcus, but the organisms responsible are commonly undetectable in clinical cases...
- Antimicrobial susceptibilities of coagulase-negative staphylococci (CNS) and streptococci from bovine subclinical mastitis casesEmel Banu Buyukunal Bal
Department of Biology, Kahramanmaras Sutcu Imam University, 46110, Bahcelievler, Kahramanmaras, Turkey
J Microbiol 48:267-74. 2010..The most frequently isolated species were Staphylococcus haemolyticus (27%) and Staphylococcus simulans (24%)...
- Antimicrobial resistance and molecular characterization of Staphylococcus haemolyticus in a Chinese hospitalM H Yu
State Key Laboratory for Diagnosis and Treatment of Infectious Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, No 79 Qing Chun Road, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, 310003 People s Republic of China
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 29:613-6. 2010The aim of this study was to perform the molecular characterization of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus (MRSH) from clinical specimens of patients in a Chinese hospital. One hundred and thirty-three strains of S...
- [Studies on coagulase negative Staphylococci isolated from urine]A Uesugi
Clinical Laboratory, Juntendo University Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 70:180-6. 1996..from 1989 to 1994 were as follows; Staphylococcus epidermidis 36%, Staphylococcus saprophyticus 26%, Staphylococcus haemolyticus 22%, Staphylococus caprae 8%, and other CNS 8%. S...
- Metabolism of azo dyes by human skin microbiotaRobin L Stingley
Office of Scientific Coordination, National Center for Toxicological Research, US Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, AR 72079 9502, USA
J Med Microbiol 59:108-14. 2010..of available genomic and proteomic data revealed that at least four of the staphylococci in this study, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staph...
- Conjugative transfer of high-level mupirocin resistance from Staphylococcus haemolyticus to other staphylococciE E Udo
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Kuwait
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 41:693-5. 1997A conjugative plasmid, pXU10, encoding high-level mupirocin resistance was transferred from a Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolate, CN216, to other coagulase-negative staphylococci and a restriction deficient Staphylococcus aureus strain, ..
- Clinical importance of identifying coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from blood cultures: evaluation of MicroScan Rapid and Dried Overnight Gram-Positive panels versus a conventional reference methodM P Weinstein
Department of Medicine, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903 0019, USA
J Clin Microbiol 36:2089-92. 1998..The most common species detected were Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis, and Staphylococcus haemolyticus. These three species accounted for nearly 98% of the clinically significant isolates and 89% of the ..
- Distribution of the ACME-arcA gene among meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus and identification of a novel ccr allotype in ACME-arcA-positive isolatesBorui Pi
State Key Laboratory for Diagnosis and Treatment of Infectious Disease, First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310003, PR China
J Med Microbiol 58:731-6. 2009..of ACME (arginine catabolic mobile element)-arcA-positive isolates among meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus (MRSH). ACME-arcA, native arcA and SCCmec elements were detected by PCR...
- The epidemiological analyses of trauma patients in Chongqing teaching hospitals following the Wenchuan earthquakeCe Yang
State Key Laboratory of Trauma, Burns and Combined Injury, Research institute for Traffic Medicine of People s Liberation Army, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, PR China
Injury 40:488-92. 2009..This study aimed to provide an overview of injuries among the patients admitted to the six teaching hospitals in Chongqing, China, after the 2008 Wenchuan earthquake...
- Pulmonary valve infective endocarditis in an adult patient with severe congenital pulmonary stenosis and ostium secundum atrial septal defectJuan Lacalzada
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital of the Canary Islands, La Laguna, 38320 Tenerife, Spain
Cardiol Res Pract 2010:798956. 2010..Following discharge, he was readmitted with fever and blood cultures positive for Staphylococcus haemolyticus. A new TTE revealed two pulmonary valve vegetations and a previously undetected ostium secundum-type ..
- Nucleotide sequence of gene linA encoding resistance to lincosamides in Staphylococcus haemolyticusA Brisson-Noel
Gene 43:247-53. 1986..sequence of gene linA in plasmid pIP855, which confers resistance to lincomycin by inactivating it in Staphylococcus haemolyticus. The gene was defined by start and stop codons and an open reading frame of 483 bp corresponding to a ..
- [The evaluation of lipolytic activity of strains of Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus]Joanna Wroblewska
Katedra i Zakład Mikrobiologii Collegium Medicum im L Rydygiera w Bydgoszczy, Uniwersytet Mikołaja Kopernika w Toruniu
Med Dosw Mikrobiol 63:99-103. 2011..haemolyticus strains (respectively 72,9%, 59,4%). Studies suggest that source of isolation from clinical materials (blood, wound and pus) does not have an influence on the ability hydrolysis esters...
- Staphylococcus haemolyticus as an important hospital pathogen and carrier of methicillin resistance genesE M Barros
Departamento de Microbiologia Medica, Instituto de Microbiologia Paulo de Góes, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Clin Microbiol 50:166-8. 2012..and molecular methods were used to characterize the antibiotic resistance of 64 clinical isolates of Staphylococcus haemolyticus. By PCR of the mecA gene, 87% were found to be methicillin resistant...
- Multiplex PCR assay for species identification of bovine mastitis pathogensB R Shome
Project Directorate on Animal Disease Monitoring and Surveillance, Hebbal, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
J Appl Microbiol 111:1349-56. 2011..Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus chromogenes, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus sciuri, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus simulans, Streptococcus agalactiae, Streptococcus dysgalactiae, Streptococcus uberis ..
- Double triplex real-time PCR assay for simultaneous detection of Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis, and Staphylococcus haemolyticus and determination of their methicillin resistance directly from positive blood cultAbdullah Kilic
Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy and School of Medicine, 06018 Ankara, Turkey
Res Microbiol 162:1060-6. 2011..detect and identify Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus and their methicillin resistance in a single reaction directly from Gram-positive cocci-in-clusters (..
- Intra-species diversity and epidemiology varies among coagulase-negative Staphylococcus species causing bovine intramammary infectionsV Piessens
Institute for Agricultural and Fisheries Research ILVO, Technology and Food Science Unit, Brusselsesteenweg 370, 9090 Melle, Belgium
Vet Microbiol 155:62-71. 2012..genetic diversity within four CNS species frequently associated with bovine intramammary infections, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, S. simulans, S. chromogenes, and S. epidermidis, was determined...
- Epidemiological and molecular characterization of Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains, from a hematology ward, with decreased susceptibility to glycopeptidesXiao Xue Ma
Department of Medical Microbiology and Parasitology, College of Basic Medical Sciences, China Medical University, Heping District, Shenyang, People s Republic of China
Can J Microbiol 57:476-84. 2011In the present study, we report on the reduced susceptibility to teicoplanin among clinical isolates of Staphylococcus haemolyticus in a hematology ward of a teaching hospital. The molecular characterization of 17 S...
- CNS species and antimicrobial resistance in clinical and subclinical bovine mastitisK Persson Waller
Department of Animal Health and Antimicrobial Strategies, National Veterinary Institute, SE 751 89 Uppsala, Sweden
Vet Microbiol 152:112-6. 2011..epidermidis were the most common CNS species found followed by Staphylococcus simulans and Staphylococcus haemolyticus. S...
- Identification of unknown ocular pathogens in clinically suspected eye infections using ribosomal RNA gene sequence analysisM L G Daroy
Research and Biotechnology Division, St Luke s Medical Centre, Quezon City, Philippines
Clin Microbiol Infect 17:776-9. 2011..Klebsiella pneumoniae, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Morganella morganii, Mycobacterium sp., Chryseobacterium sp...
- Susceptibility of Staphylococcus species and subspecies to fleroxacinT L Bannerman
Department of Microbiology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27695 7614
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 35:2135-9. 1991..Thirty-four percent of the Staphylococcus haemolyticus clinical strains were resistant to fleroxacin, and 9% had intermediate susceptibility...
- Significance of methicillin-teicoplanin resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus in bloodstream infections in patients of the Semmelweis University hospitals in HungaryK Kristof
Division of Microbiological Diagnostic Laboratory, Central Clinical Laboratory, Semmelweis University, Nagyvarad ter 4, 1089 Budapest, Hungary
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 30:691-9. 2011The purpose of this study was to quantify the impact of Staphylococcus haemolyticus in the epidemiology of the blood stream infection (BSI) and to characterize the rates and quantitative levels of resistance to antistaphylococcal drugs...
- Diversity of plasmids and transmission of high-level mupirocin mupA resistance gene in Staphylococcus haemolyticusNatália do Carmo Ferreira
Departamento de Microbiologia Medica, Instituto de Microbiologia Prof Paulo de Goes, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 61:147-52. 2011..the diversity of high-level mupirocin resistance plasmids (Mup(R) ) was investigated in four strains of Staphylococcus haemolyticus belonging to different pulsed-field gel electrophoresis (PFGE) types or subtypes, isolated in a ..
- Presence of an additional penicillin-binding protein in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus hominis, and Staphylococcus simulans with a low affinity for methicillin, cephalothin, and cefamandoleJ Pierre
Laboratoire de Microbiologie Medicale, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 34:1691-4. 1990..aureus SR 1550-9. These results suggest that this protein is similar to, if not the same as, PBP 2' of S. aureus and that it is involved in methicillin resistance in the four species studied...
- Inactivation of lincosaminide antibiotics in Staphylococcus. Identification of lincosaminide O-nucleotidyltransferases and comparison of the corresponding resistance genesA Brisson-Noel
Unite des Agents Antibacteriens, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UA 271, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Biol Chem 263:15880-7. 1988..by inactivation has been detected in numerous clinical isolates of Staphylococcus; in crude extracts of Staphylococcus haemolyticus BM4610 and Staphylococcus aureus BM4611, inactivation of lincomycin and clindamycin requires the ..
- Microbial contamination of orthodontic buccal tubes from manufacturersKathiravan Purmal
Department of General Dental Practice and Oral and Maxillofacial Imaging, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia e mail
Int J Mol Sci 11:3349-56. 2010..tested, three genera of bacteria, implicated as opportunistic pathogens, namely Micrococcus luteus, Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Acinetobacter calcoaceticus were recovered from these buccal tubes...
- Changes in hands microbiota associated with skin damage because of hand hygiene procedures on the health care workersLílian Alves Rocha
Imunologia e Parasitologia Aplicadas, Programa de Pós Graduação em Imunologia e Parasitologia Aplicadas, Universidade Federal de Uberlandia, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Am J Infect Control 37:155-9. 2009..The purpose of this study was evaluating the microbial flora of nurses' healthy (n = 30) and damaged hand (n = 30) by frequent handwashing and/or wearing of gloves...
- [Comparison of induction L-form of Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus by cefazolin]Joanna Wroblewska
Uniwersytet Mikołaja Kopernika w Toruniu, Collegium Medicum w Bydgoszczy, Katedra i Zakład Mikrobiologii
Pol Merkur Lekarski 25:500-2. 2008..They can be cultured on specialized hypertonic medium. We don't find any reports about intentional in vitro induction and assessment of frequency of L-forms of S. epidermidis and S. haemolyticus on the medium...
- [Detection of mecA gene in oxacillin-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from the saliva of nursing professionals]Juliana de Oliveira Rosa
Instituto de Patologia Tropical e Saude Publica, Universidade Federal de Goias, Goiania, GO
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 42:398-403. 2009..selected: 41 were identified as Staphylococcus epidermidis, 25 as Staphylococcus saprophyticus, 18 as Staphylococcus haemolyticus, eight as Staphylococcus cohnii, four as Staphylococcus lugdunenses, three as Staphylococcus capitis ..
- The in vitro activity of daptomycin against 514 Gram-positive aerobic clinical isolatesA King
Department of Infection, KCL, St Thomas Hospital Campus, London SE1 7EH, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 48:219-23. 2001..methicillin-susceptible and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus, were 0.03-0.5 mg/L...
- Differentiation of Staphylococcus spp. by terminal-restriction fragment length polymorphism analysis of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase-encoding geneF Layer
Otto von Guericke University, Institute of Medical Microbiology, Leipziger Str 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
J Microbiol Methods 70:542-9. 2007..This was validated by analysis of 34 Staphylococcus epidermidis and 28 Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolates...
- Intestinal microflora in early infancy: composition and developmentS Fanaro
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Division of Neonatology and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, University of Ferrara, Italy
Acta Paediatr Suppl 91:48-55. 2003..coli, Enterobacter cloacae, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus. Hygienic conditions and antimicrobial procedures strongly influence the intestinal colonization pattern...
- Antibiotic resistance patterns of coagulase-negative staphylococcus strains isolated from blood cultures of septicemic patients in TurkeyF Koksal
Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, 34098 Cerrahpasa, Istanbul, Turkey
Microbiol Res 164:404-10. 2009..Among 200 CoNS isolates, Staphylococcus epidermidis was the most prevalent species (87) followed by Staphylococcus haemolyticus (23), Staphylococcus hominis (19), Staphylococcus lugdunensis (18), Staphylococcus capitis (15), ..
- StaphPlex system for rapid and simultaneous identification of antibiotic resistance determinants and Panton-Valentine leukocidin detection of staphylococci from positive blood culturesYi Wei Tang
Department of Medicine, Molecular Infectious Disease Laboratory, Vanderbilt University Hospital, 4605 TVC, Nashville, TN 37232 5310, USA
J Clin Microbiol 45:1867-73. 2007..3%) Staphylococcus epidermidis isolates, 10 (3.6%) Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolates, 27 (9.7%) Staphylococcus hominis isolates, 1 (0...
- [Molecular study of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus in a Mexican hospital]Natividad Castro
Laboratorio de Investigaciones Microbiológicas, Facultad de Ciencias Químico Biológicas, Universidad Autonoma de Guerrero
Rev Invest Clin 58:580-5. 2006To perform the molecular characterization of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus (MRSH) clinical isolates from patients in a Mexican hospital.
- Bacteria trigger oxygen radical release and sperm lipid peroxidation in in vitro model of semen inflammationMonika Fraczek
Institute of Human Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Fertil Steril 88:1076-85. 2007To assess the in vitro effect of five bacterial strains isolated from semen samples (Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Streptococcus oralis, Bacteroides ureolyticus, and Ureaplasma urealyticum) on reactive oxygen ..
- In vitro activity of antimicrobial agents against oxacillin resistant staphylococci with special reference to Staphylococcus haemolyticusA Chaudhury
Department of Microbiology, SV University of Medical Sciences, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 25:50-2. 2007..aureus and CoNS in India. Vancomycin, along with the newer agents like linezolid and quinupristin/dalfopristin remains the drug of choice for treating multi drug resistant staphylococcal infections...
- Precise excision and self-integration of a composite transposon as a model for spontaneous large-scale chromosome inversion/deletion of the Staphylococcus haemolyticus clinical strain JCSC1435Shinya Watanabe
Department of Infection Control Science, Juntendo University, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Bacteriol 189:2921-5. 2007..to accompany spontaneous loss of beta-lactam resistance during drug-free passage of the multiresistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus clinical strain JCSC1435...
- Fusidic acid resistance, mediated by fusB, in bovine coagulase-negative staphylococciSiamak P Yazdankhah
Department of Food Safety and Infection Biology, The Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Oslo, Norway
J Antimicrob Chemother 58:1254-6. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine the occurrence of fusidic acid resistance, mediated by the fusB gene, among coagulase-negative staphylococci (CoNS) isolated from bovine mastitis...
- A new evolutionary variant of the streptogramin A resistance protein, Vga(A)LC, from Staphylococcus haemolyticus with shifted substrate specificity towards lincosamidesG Novotna
Institute of Microbiology AVCR, Videnska 1083, 14420 Prague, Czech Republic
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:4070-6. 2006We found a new variant of the streptogramin A resistance gene, vga(A)LC, in clinical isolates of Staphylococcus haemolyticus resistant to lincomycin and clindamycin but susceptible to erythromycin and in which no relevant lincosamide ..
- Effects of growth in the presence of subinhibitory concentrations of dicloxacillin on Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus biofilmsNuno Cerca
Centro de Engenharia Biólogica, Universidade do Minho, Campus de Gualtar, 4710 Braga, Portugal
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:8677-82. 2005..and whereas in Staphylococcus epidermidis there were decreases in the oxygen and nitrogen contents, in Staphylococcus haemolyticus there were increases in these two parameters...
- Comparison of the BBL CHROMagar Staph aureus agar medium to conventional media for detection of Staphylococcus aureus in respiratory samplesDiane Flayhart
Division of Medical Microbiology, Meyer B1 193, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, 600 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287 7093, USA
J Clin Microbiol 42:3566-9. 2004..were subsequently identified as Staphylococcus lugdunensis (one), Staphylococcus epidermidis (three), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (one), and Corynebacterium species (four). CSA improved the ability to detect S...
- [Adhesion dependence of coagulase-negative staphylococci to biomaterials and PIA polysaccharide synthesis on icaADBC operon presence]Marzenna Bartoszewicz
Zakład Mikrobiologii Akademii Medycznej we Wrocławiu
Med Dosw Mikrobiol 56:225-30. 2004Both Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus are important causes of infections associated with catheters and other medical devices. This infections result in significant morbidity, mortality and economic cost...
- Identification of coagulase-negative staphylococci other than Staphylococcus epidermidis by automated ribotypingE Carretto
Laboratori Sperimentali di Ricerca, Area Infettivologica, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Clin Microbiol Infect 11:177-84. 2005..capitis, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus simulans, S...
- Genomic rearrangement of the mec regulator region mediated by insertion of IS431 in methicillin-resistant staphylococciN Kobayashi
Department of Hygiene, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Chuo Ku, Sapporo 060 8556, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:335-8. 2001..another type of mecR1 truncation with IS431 and an IS431 located downstream of mecI were found only in Staphylococcus haemolyticus. Genetic differentiation of IS431 and staphylococcal isolates suggested transmission of mecDNA with ..
- Glycopeptide susceptibility profiles of Staphylococcus haemolyticus bloodstream isolatesF Biavasco
Institute of Microbiology, University of Ancona, 60131 Ancona, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:3122-6. 2000Twelve clinical strains of Staphylococcus haemolyticus (eight methicillin resistant and three methicillin susceptible), isolated from blood cultures between 1982 and 1997, were investigated for teicoplanin and vancomycin susceptibility ..
- Rational protein engineering in action: the first crystal structure of a phenylalanine tRNA synthetase from Staphylococcus haemolyticusArtem G Evdokimov
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Michigan Laboratories, Ann Arbor, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
J Struct Biol 162:152-69. 2008..the high-resolution crystal structure of a phenylalanine tRNA synthetase from the pathogenic bacterium Staphylococcus haemolyticus. We demonstrate the subtle yet important structural differences between this enzyme and the previously ..
- Microbiological findings in subjects with asymptomatic oral lichen planus: a cross-sectional comparative studyMichael M Bornstein
Department of Oral Surgery and Stomatology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
J Periodontol 79:2347-55. 2008..The bacterial colonization of the oral mucosa was evaluated in patients with asymptomatic oral lichen planus (OLP) and compared to the microbiologic status in mucosally healthy subjects...
- Molecular cloning of a 32-kilodalton lipoprotein component of a novel iron-regulated Staphylococcus epidermidis ABC transporterA Cockayne
Institute of Infections and Immunity, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2UH, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 66:3767-74. 1998..No reactivity was detected with Staphylococcus lugdunensis, Staphylococcus cohni, or Staphylococcus haemolyticus. The gene encoding the 32-kDa lipoprotein from S...
- DNA fingerprinting of a multi-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from biomaterials in dialysis servicesKamel Chaieb
Laboratoire de Bactériologie de l Hôpital Ibn El Jazzar de Kairouan, Tunisie
Arch Med Res 37:953-60. 2006..Coagulase-negative staphylococci (CoNS) have emerged as an important opportunistic pathogen isolated in hospital. Several species of CoNS have been implicated in human infections and disease especially in patients with poor health status...
- High in vitro antimicrobial activity of synthetic antimicrobial peptidomimetics against staphylococcal biofilmsKristina Flemming
Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital of North Norway, Tromsø, Norway
J Antimicrob Chemother 63:136-45. 2009..The aim of the study was to investigate the antimicrobial effect of different antibiotics and synthetic antimicrobial peptidomimetics (SAMPs) on staphylococcal biofilms...
- Molecular characterization of epidemic multiresistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolatesY Tabe
Department of Clinical Pathology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 32:177-83. 1998Fifty-five Staphylococcus haemolyticus specimens isolated from patients and neonatal intensive care unit staff were tested for susceptibility to 12 antimicrobial agents...
- Residual bacterial contamination on reusable pulse oximetry sensorsM C Wilkins
St Vincent Hospital and Medical Center, Portland, OR 97225
Respir Care 38:1155-60. 1993..Among the isolated organisms were Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Enterococcus faecalis, and Klebsiella oxytoca...