Genomes and Genes
Alias: Staphylococcus haemolyticus Schleifer and Kloos 1975
Publications140 found, 100 shown here
- Nucleotide sequence of gene linA encoding resistance to lincosamides in Staphylococcus haemolyticusA Brisson-Noel
Gene 43:247-53. 1986..sequence of gene linA in plasmid pIP855, which confers resistance to lincomycin by inactivating it in Staphylococcus haemolyticus. The gene was defined by start and stop codons and an open reading frame of 483 bp corresponding to a ..
- Rapid differentiation of Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis and other coagulase-negative staphylococci and meticillin susceptibility testing directly from growth-positive blood cultures by multiplex real-time PCRLeanne Jukes
Public Health Wales Microbiology ABM Swansea, Singleton Hospital, Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board, Swansea, UK
J Med Microbiol 59:1456-61. 2010..1%), 3 Staphylococcus saprophyticus (5.7%), 4 Staphylococcus hominis (7.5%), 3 Staphylococcus haemolyticus (5.7%), 2 Staphylococcus warneri (3.8%), 1 Staphylococcus cohnii (1...
- Evaluation of six commercial identification kits for the identification of Staphylococcus aureus isolated from bovine mastitisM Zschock
Public Investigation Office Hesse, Department of Veterinary Medicine, Giessen, Germany
J Appl Microbiol 98:450-5. 2005..Comparison of six commercially available in human medicine well-established slide agglutination systems for the identification of Staphylococcus aureus...
- Combinations of vancomycin and beta-lactams are synergistic against staphylococci with reduced susceptibilities to vancomycinM W Climo
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Virginia Campus of Virginia Commonwealth University, Hunter Holmes McGuire Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Richmond, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:1747-53. 1999..isolates of methicillin-resistant staphylococci (Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, and Staphylococcus haemolyticus) for which vancomycin MICs ranged from 1 to 16 microg/ml were tested by broth microdilution ..
- Investigation of Staphylococcus strains with heterogeneous resistance to glycopeptides in a Turkish university hospitalYasar Nakipoglu
Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
BMC Infect Dis 5:31. 2005..For this purpose, we aimed to investigate the heterogeneous resistance to glycopeptide and their frequencies in 135 Staphylococcus strains...
- In-vitro activities of 14-, 15- and 16-membered macrolides against gram-positive cocciJ M Hamilton-Miller
Department of Medical Microbiology, Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, London, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 29:141-7. 1992..The seven CR strains showing anomalous sensitivity to the 16 MM (five Staphylococcus haemolyticus and two enterococci) were only 'moderately resistant' to erythromycin (MIC 8-64 mg/L), while all the ..
- Mixed infection in adult bacterial meningitisW N Chang
Dept of Neurology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan
Infection 28:8-12. 2000..pneumoniae, Klebsiella oxytoca), Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus species (Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus haemolyticus), Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Acinetobacter baumannii, Enterococcus, Serratia marcescens, Citrobacter ..
- The origin of a methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolate at a neonatal ward in Sweden-possible horizontal transfer of a staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec between methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus aureusC Berglund
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:1048-56. 2008..aureus cell. The SCCmec elements are common among the coagulase-negative staphylococci, e.g. Staphylococcus haemolyticus, and these are considered to be potential SCCmec donors when new clones of MRSA arise...
- Diversity of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec structures in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains among outpatients from four countriesEtienne Ruppe
Laboratoire Associé CNR Résistance Dans les Flores Commensales, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:442-9. 2009..Ninety-six MR-CoNS strains, comprising 75 (78%) Staphylococcus epidermidis strains, 19 (20%) Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains, 1 (1%) Staphylococcus hominis strain, and 1 (1%) Staphylococcus cohnii strain, were analyzed...
- Dissemination among staphylococci of DNA sequences associated with methicillin resistanceG L Archer
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298 0049
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 38:447-54. 1994..epidermidis digests hybridized with pGO198 (46%), pGO195 (14%), or both probes (35%); all 20 Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolates hybridized with pGO198...
- Nitazoxanide inhibits biofilm formation by Staphylococcus epidermidis by blocking accumulation on surfacesFlorence Tchouaffi-Nana
Division of Infectious Diseases and International Health, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0734, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:2767-74. 2010..epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus with a 50% inhibitory concentration of approximately 2.5 microg/ml (8 microM)...
- Diversity of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec structures in coagulase-negative staphylococci and relationship to drug resistanceElvira Garza-Gonzalez
Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Monterrey Nuevo Leon 64460, Mexico
J Med Microbiol 59:323-9. 2010..strains studied, the most frequently isolated species were Staphylococcus epidermidis (n=26) and Staphylococcus haemolyticus (n=13)...
- Prevalence and persistence of coagulase-negative Staphylococcus species in three dairy research herdsB E Gillespie
Department of Animal Science, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Vet Microbiol 134:65-72. 2009..2%), Staphylococcus hominis (2%), Staphylococcus saprophyticus (1%), Staphylococcus xylosus (1%), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (<1%), Staphylococcus sciuri (<1%), and Staphylococcus intermedius (<1%)...
- Evolution of slime production by coagulase-negative staphylococci and enterotoxigenic characteristics of Staphylococcus aureus strains isolated from various human clinical specimensBanur Boynukara
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Yuzuncu Yil, 65080 Van, Turkey
J Med Microbiol 56:1296-300. 2007..2 %) as Staphylococcus sciuri, four (3.3 %) as Staphylococcus haemolyticus, and two each (1...
- Evaluation of three different molecular markers for the detection of Staphylococcus aureus by polymerase chain reactionSyed Riyaz-ul-Hassan
Biotechnology Division, Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine CSIR, Canal Road, Jammu Tawi 180001, India
Food Microbiol 25:452-9. 2008..Six of the strains were identified as Staphylococcus haemolyticus and one strain as Staphylococcus arlettae by 16S ribosomal gene analyses...
- Distribution of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) types I, II, III and IV in coagulase-negative staphylococci from patients attending a tertiary hospital in southern BrazilAlice Beatriz Mombach Pinheiro Machado
Unidade de Microbiologia e Biologia Molecular, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre 90 035 903, Brazil
J Med Microbiol 56:1328-33. 2007..indicated that Staphylococcus epidermidis was the most common species, with 87 isolates, followed by Staphylococcus haemolyticus (15), Staphylococcus hominis (13), Staphylococcus capitis (12) and Staphylococcus sciuri (1)...
- Trends in gram-positive bloodstream organism resistance: a seven-year audit of five glycopeptides and other drugs at a large university hospitalJ Ena
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City 52242
J Chemother 5:17-21. 1993..no patient duplicates) as follows: 132 Staphylococcus aureus, 129 Staphylococcus epidermidis, 72 Staphylococcus haemolyticus, 130 Enterococcus faecalis and 62 other enterococci...
- Distribution and expression of macrolide resistance genes in coagulase-negative staphylococciS G Gatermann
Abteilung für Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Clin Microbiol Infect 13:777-81. 2007..varied widely among staphylococcal species, from 0% in Staphylococcus lugdunensis to almost 90% in Staphylococcus haemolyticus. Most (63%) erythromycin-resistant isolates carried constitutively expressed erm(C) as the sole ..
- Characterization of coagulase-negative staphylococcal isolates from blood with reduced susceptibility to glycopeptides and therapeutic optionsSilvia Natoli
Intensive Care Unit, Department of Surgery, Tor Vergata University of Rome, Rome, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 9:83. 2009..The aim of this study was to characterize CoNS with reduced susceptibility to glycopeptides causing blood stream infection (BSI) in critically ill and haematology patients at the University Hospital Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy, in 2007...
- In vitro activity of daptomycin and tigecycline against coagulase-negative staphylococcus blood isolates from bone marrow transplant recipientsChristina Kratzer
Department of Medicine I, Division of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Diseases, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Haematol 79:405-9. 2007..This study presents the in vitro activity of daptomycin and tigecycline compared to vancomycin and fosfomycin against 105 CNS isolated from 76 bone marrow transplant patients with symptomatic bacteremia...
- Prevalence of methicillin-resistant, coagulase-negative staphylococci in neonatal intensive care units: findings from a tertiary care hospital in IndiaAmita Jain
Post Graduate Department of Microbiology, King George s Medical University, Lucknow 226003, India
J Med Microbiol 53:941-4. 2004..PCR for the mecA gene was carried out on 54 randomly selected isolates. Staphylococcus haemolyticus was the commonest species (34 %) followed by Staphylococcus epidermidis (24 %) amongst blood isolates...
- Susceptibility patterns of coagulase-negative staphylococci to several newer antimicrobial agents in comparison with vancomycin and oxacillinJ Ian Stuart
Department of Microbiology, London Health Sciences Centre, London, Ontario, Canada
Int J Antimicrob Agents 37:248-52. 2011..Daptomycin had good activity against all isolates. Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus hominis subsp...
- [Study on mec gene in methicillin-resistant staphylococci]T Yokoyama
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 67:1203-10. 1993..aureus (MSSA), methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains which were isolated in 1992 were surveyed for distribution of mecA, mecR1 (putative mecA gene ..
- Rapid identification of staphylococci from prosthetic joint infections using MALDI-TOF mass-spectrometryLlinos G Harris
Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Institute of Life Science, School of Medicine, Swansea University, Swansea, United Kingdom
Int J Artif Organs 33:568-74. 2010..epidermidis, 10 Staphylococcus capitis, 8 Staphylococcus lugdunensis, 2 Staphylococcus warneri, and 2 Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolates using the extraction method recommended by Bruker Daltonics...
- Antimicrobial resistance and heat sensitivity of oxacillin-resistant, mecA-positive Staphylococcus spp. from unpasteurized milkAlan M McKay
Food Microbiology Branch, Agriculture Food and Environmental Science Division, Agri Food and Biosciences Institute and Department of Food Science, Queen s University of Belfast, Belfast BT9 5PX, Northern Ireland, UK
J Food Prot 71:186-90. 2008..The isolates were identified as five Staphylococcus epidermidis, two Staphylococcus lentus, and one Staphylococcus haemolyticus. No mecA-positive Staphylococcus aureus were isolated...
- Fungal endophytes from Dioscorea zingiberensis rhizomes and their antibacterial activityL Xu
Department of Plant Pathology, College of Agronomy and Biotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China
Lett Appl Microbiol 46:68-72. 2008..The aim of the study was to isolate and characterize the endophytic fungi from the rhizomes of the Chinese traditional medicinal plant Dioscorea zingiberensis and to detect their antibacterial activities...
- Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus: methicillin-resistant isolates are detected directly in blood cultures by multiplex PCREliezer M Pereira
Laboratório de Infecções Hospitalares, Departamento de Microbiologia Medica, Instituto de Microbiologia, Cidade Universitária Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Microbiol Res 165:243-9. 2010..methodology using specific primers to identify Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus and their methicillin-resistance directly from blood cultures...
- Occurrence of staphylococci in the oral cavities of healthy adults and nasal oral trafficking of the bacteriaY Ohara-Nemoto
Department of Oral Molecular Biology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki 852 8588, Japan
J Med Microbiol 57:95-9. 2008..Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus warneri, Staphylococcus intermedius, Staphylococcus capitis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus lugdunensis and Staphylococcus gallinarum, isolation frequencies ranging in order from ..
- Differentiation of Staphylococcus spp. by high-resolution melting analysisMichal Slany
Centre for Cardiovascular Surgery and Transplantations, Pekarska 53, 656 91 Brno, Czech Republic
Can J Microbiol 56:1040-9. 2010..Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus capitis, Staphylococcus caprae, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus intermedius, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Staphylococcus ..
- Properties of recombinant Staphylococcus haemolyticus cystathionine beta-lyase (metC) and its potential role in the generation of volatile thiols in axillary malodorMyriam Troccaz
Firmenich SA, Corporate R and D Division, P O Box 239, CH 1211 Geneva 8
Chem Biodivers 5:2372-85. 2008..cloning and characterization of the metC-cystathionine beta-lyase from the axillary-isolated strain Staphylococcus haemolyticus AX3, in order to determine its activity and its involvement in amino acid biosynthesis, and in the ..
- In vitro activity of Ro 23-9424, a dual-action antibacterial agent, against bacterial isolates from cancer patients compared with those of other agentsK V Rolston
Department of Medical Specialties, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 36:879-82. 1992..0 micrograms/ml. Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Enterococcus spp. were less susceptible; MIC90s for them were 16.0 and 32.0 micrograms/ml...
- Organization of the antiseptic resistance gene qacA and Tn552-related beta-lactamase genes in multidrug- resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains of animal and human originsI L Anthonisen
Department of Pharmacology, Microbiology, and Food Hygiene, The Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, 0033 Oslo MATFORSK, Norwegian Food Research Institute, N 1430 As, Norway
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:3606-12. 2002..genes of Tn552, the disinfectant resistance gene qacA, and flanking DNA has been cloned from a Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolate and sequenced...
- Staphylococcus haemolyticus contains two D-glutamic acid biosynthetic activities, a glutamate racemase and a D-amino acid transaminaseM J Pucci
Department of Microbiology, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492 7660
J Bacteriol 177:336-42. 1995..using Escherichia coli WM335, a D-glutamic acid auxotroph, and cloned chromosomal DNA fragments from Staphylococcus haemolyticus revealed two distinct DNA fragments containing open reading frames which, when present, allowed growth ..
- How immunocompromised are short bowel patients receiving home parenteral nutrition? Apropos a case of disseminated Fusarium oxysporum sepsisChristoph Müller
First Medical Department, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 33:717-20. 2009..The possibility of systemic immunocompromise has only recently been suggested...
- Cell wall deficient bacteria as a cause of idiopathic hematuriaG J Domingue
Department of Urology, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana
J Urol 150:483-5. 1993..subcultured the organisms reverted to their related walled forms, that is Streptococcus agalactiae and Staphylococcus haemolyticus. Because the colonies of these organisms showed various patterns of biochemical reactivity, each ..
- [Antimicrobial susceptibility of coagulase negative staphylococci isolated from urine]A Uesugi
Clinical Laboratory, Juntendo University Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 70:187-97. 1996..The following bacteria were tested; Staphylococcus epidermidis (59 strains), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (42 strains), Staphylococcus saprophyticus (30 strains)...
- [Etiology of infections in the wounded victims of Wenchuan Earthquake]Yi Xie
Division of Clinical Microbiology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:366-70. 2009..To analyze the etiology of infections in the wounded victims of Wenchuan Earthquake...
- Invasive potential of bacterial isolates associated with subclinical bovine mastitisJosé L Anaya-López
Centro Multidisciplinario de Estudios en Biotecnología, Facultad de Medicina Veterinaria y Zootecnia, Universidad Michoacana de San Nicolas de Hidalgo, Apartado Postal 53, Administración Chapultepec Oriente, C P 58262 Morelia, Michoacan, Mexico
Res Vet Sci 81:358-61. 2006..comprising the staphylococcal species Staphylococcus aureus (3), Staphylococcus epidermidis (1), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (1), Staphylococcus equorum (2), Staphylococcus xylosus (1) and Brevibacterium stationis (2) obtained ..
- Beauvericin from the endophytic fungus, Fusarium redolens, isolated from Dioscorea zingiberensis and its antibacterial activityLijian Xu
College of Agronomy and Biotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, China
Nat Prod Commun 5:811-4. 2010..inhibitory concentration (IC50) values of beauvericin against six test bacteria (Bacillus subtilis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Pseudomonas lachrymans, Agrobacterium tumefaciens, Escherichia coli and Xanthomonas vesicatoria) were ..
- Development of a real-time PCR assay for the detection and identification of Staphylococcus capitis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus warneriTadayuki Iwase
Department of Microbiology II, Jikei University School of Medicine, 3 25 8 Nishi shinbashi, Minato ku, Tokyo 105 8461, Japan
J Med Microbiol 56:1346-9. 2007Staphylococcus capitis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus warneri are coagulase-negative staphylococci. Each species has different characteristics, and a difference in pathology is also seen in compromised hosts...
- Inverse paradoxical embolism in a patient on chronic hemodialysis with aortic bacterial endocarditisJ L Rocha
Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Sevilla, Spain
Am J Kidney Dis 34:338-40. 1999We present a 45-year-old patient on chronic hemodialysis who suffered aortic endocarditis by Staphylococcus haemolyticus after bacteremia associated with a venous catheter, which was used temporarily during the maturing phase of a Cimino-..
- Characterization of IS1272, an insertion sequence-like element from Staphylococcus haemolyticusG L Archer
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298 0049, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 40:924-9. 1996..the point of the mecR1 deletion was used as a probe, hybridization with multiple bands was detected for Staphylococcus haemolyticus genomic DNA...
- Internal bacterial flora of solid uterine cervical cancerH Mikamo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Gifu University, Japan
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 67:1057-61. 1993..3. The predominant bacteria isolated were the aerobes, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Streptococcus agalactiae, Escherichia coli and Gardnerella vaginalis, and Prevotella bivia...
- Successful non-surgical treatment of endocarditis caused by Staphylococcus haemolyticus following transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI)L Loverix
University of Hasselt, Belgium
Acta Clin Belg 68:376-9. 2013..The diagnosis of early prosthetic valve endocarditis (PVE) caused by Staphylococcus haemolyticus was made by transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) and multiple positive blood cultures...
- Characteristic and functional analysis of a ficolin-like protein from the oyster Crassostrea hongkongensisZhiming Xiang
CAS Key Laboratory of Tropical Marine Bio resources and Ecology, Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Applied Marine Biology, South China Sea Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 164 West Xingang Road, Guangzhou 510301, China
Fish Shellfish Immunol 40:514-23. 2014..Recombinant ChFCN proteins with the molecular weight about 50 kD bind Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Staphylococcus haemolyticus or Escherichia coli K-12, but not those from Vibrio alginolyticus...
- Characterization of the staphylococcal cassette chromosome composite island of Staphylococcus haemolyticus SH32, a methicillin-resistant clinical isolate from ChinaDongliang Yu
Institute of Developmental and Regenerative Biology, Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou, China Department of Infectious Diseases, Sir Run Run Shaw Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
PLoS ONE 9:e87346. 2014..Here, we determined the structure of an SCC composite island (CISH32) found in the clinical Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolate SH32 by whole-genome DNA sequencing...
- The discovery of a multi-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus clone in the hospital and community environment in south western NigeriaAdebayo Osagie Shittu
School of Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of KwaZulu Natal, Republic of South Africa
Ostomy Wound Manage 51:67-70. 2005Among clinically significant isolates of coagulase negative staphylococci, Staphylococcus haemolyticus is ranked second after Staphylococcus epidermidis...
- A new plant-derived antibacterial is an inhibitor of efflux pumps in Staphylococcus aureusWinnie K P Shiu
Department of Pharmaceutical and Biological Chemistry, UCL School of Pharmacy, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London WC1N 1AX, UK
Int J Antimicrob Agents 42:513-8. 2013..meticillin-resistant and -susceptible strains of Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus; vancomycin-resistant and -susceptible Enterococcus faecalis and Enterococcus faecium; penicillin-..
- Characterisation of Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolated from urinary tract infectionsC Simango
Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences, College of Health Sciences, University of Zimbabwe, Avondale, Harare, Zimbabwe
Cent Afr J Med 51:112-4. 2005To determine some virulence factors and antimicrobial susceptibilities of Staphylococcus haemolyticus from urinary tract infections.
- Evaluation of the VITEK 2 system for identification and antimicrobial susceptibility testing of medically relevant gram-positive cocciMarco Ligozzi
Sezione di Microbiologia, Dipartimento di Patologia, Universita di Verona, Strada Le Grazie 8, 35100 Verona, Italy
J Clin Microbiol 40:1681-6. 2002..aureus, 96.5% of S. agalactiae, 96.9% of S. pneumoniae, 92.7% of Enterococcus faecalis, 91.3% of Staphylococcus haemolyticus, and 88% of Staphylococcus epidermidis but was least able to identify Enterococcus faecium (71...
- [Staphylococcus haemolyticus and bacteremia]P Manchado
Rev Esp Quimioter 15:126-8. 2002
- 5α-Androst-16-en-3α-ol β-D-glucuronide, precursor of 5α-androst-16-en-3α-ol in human sweatChristian Starkenmann
Firmenich SA, Corporate R and D Division, 1 Route des Jeunes, P O Box 239, CH 1211 Geneva 8, phone 41 22 7803477 fax 41 22 7803334
Chem Biodivers 10:2197-208. 2013..bacteria Streptococcus agalactiae, and the skin bacteria Staphylococcus warneri DSM 20316, Staphylococcus haemolyticus DSM 20263, and Propionibacterium acnes ATCC 6919, reported to have β-glucuronidase activities...
- Clonality of slime-producing methicillin-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci disseminated in the neonatal intensive care unit of a university hospitalA Foka
Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, University of Patras, Patras, Greece
Clin Microbiol Infect 12:1230-3. 2006..A major clone was identified (77 isolates) among 115 Staphylococcus epidermidis isolates. Ten of 16 Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolates also belonged to a single clone...
- [Post-marketing surveillance of antibacterial activities of cefozopran against various clinical isolates--I. Gram-positive bacteria]Jun Igari
Department of Clinical Pathology, Juntendou University, School of Medicine
Jpn J Antibiot 56:437-57. 2003..Staphylococcus epidermidis (MSSE), methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis (MRSE), Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Enterococcus faecalis, Enterococcus faecium, Enterococcus avium, ..
- Patient nostril microbial flora: individual-dependency and diversity precluding prediction of Staphylococcus aureus acquisitionA S Alvarez
University of Versailles St Quentin in Yvelines and UFR des Sciences de la Santé, Montigny le Bretonneux, France Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Raymond Poincare Hospital, Microbiology Laboratory, Garches, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 20:70-8. 2014..different species were identified among the 103 patients, of which two, Corynebacterium accolens and Staphylococcus haemolyticus (p = 0.02-0.01), were more prevalent in the absence of SA...
- Coagulase-negative staphylococci in very-low-birth-weight infants: inability of genetic markers to distinguish invasive strains from blood culture contaminantsR Bradford
School of Applied Sciences, RMIT University, Plenty Road, Bundoora, P O Box 71, Victoria, 3083, Australia
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 25:283-90. 2006..15 Staphylococcus epidermidis, eight Staphylococcus capitis, and one each of Staphylococcus warneri and Staphylococcus haemolyticus. Two small clusters of S. epidermidis that belonged to the same molecular type were identified. All S...
- Comparative assessment of antibiotic susceptibility of coagulase-negative staphylococci in biofilm versus planktonic culture as assessed by bacterial enumeration or rapid XTT colorimetryNuno Cerca
Centro de Engenharia Biólogica, Universidade do Minho, Campus de Gualtar, 4710 057 Braga, Portugal
J Antimicrob Chemother 56:331-6. 2005To quantitatively compare the antibiotic susceptibility of biofilms formed by the coagulase-negative staphylococci (CoNS) Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus with the susceptibility of planktonic cultures.
- DNA microarray for detection of macrolide resistance genesMarco Cassone
LAMMB, Universita di Siena, Policlinico Le Scotte V lotto, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:2038-41. 2006..pneumoniae, Streptococcus pyogenes, Enterococcus faecalis, Enterococcus faecium, Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Escherichia coli, and Bacteroides fragilis) known to harbor 29 different macrolide resistance genes...
- Interactions between glycopeptides and beta-lactams against isogenic pairs of teicoplanin-susceptible and -resistant strains of Staphylococcus haemolyticusCarla Vignaroli
Institute of Microbiology and Biomedical Sciences, Polytechnic University of Marche, Via Ranieri, Monte D Ago, 60131 Ancona, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:2577-82. 2006..become resistant to teicoplanin) were obtained from four glycopeptide-susceptible clinical isolates of Staphylococcus haemolyticus. All strains were extensively analyzed and compared for a number of distinctive features...
- Misidentification of vancomycin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus as coagulase-negative StaphylococcusYuanyuan Dai
Affiliated Provincial Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Lujiang Road 17, Hefei, Anhui Province 230001, PR China
J Med Microbiol 61:1454-8. 2012..24 vancomycin-susceptibility-reduced coagulase-negative staphylococci (CoNS) strains (including 22 Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains and two Staphylococcus epidermidis strains) were retested by PCR-based detection of ..
- Autolytic activity and molecular characteristics of Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains with induced vancomycin resistanceJung Wook Kim
Division of Antimicrobial Resistance, Center for Infectious Diseases, Korea National Institute of Health, Osong, Republic of South Korea
J Med Microbiol 61:1428-34. 2012..aim of this study was to investigate the molecular characteristics of induced vancomycin resistance in Staphylococcus haemolyticus. Autolytic properties and phenotypic characteristics of passage-selected vancomycin-resistant S...
- Persistence of staphylococcal species and genotypes in the bovine udderT Mørk
Norwegian Veterinary Institute, Oslo, Norway
Vet Microbiol 159:171-80. 2012..aureus, S. chromogenes, S. simulans, S. epidermidis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus warneri...
- First report in Spain of linezolid non-susceptibility in a clinical isolate of Staphylococcus haemolyticusRaquel Elisa Rodríguez Tarazona
Int J Antimicrob Agents 30:277-8. 2007
- Antibacterial activity of selected metabolites from Chilean lichen species against methicillin-resistant staphylococciGiuseppe Celenza
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Technologies, University of L Aquila, L Aquila, Italy
Nat Prod Res 27:1528-31. 2013..were evaluated against methicillin-resistant clinical isolates strains of Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus warneri...
- Phenotypic and genotypic characterisation of blood isolates of coagulase-negative staphylococci in the newbornMaria Björkqvist
Department of Paediatrics, Orebro University Hospital, Sweden
APMIS 110:332-9. 2002..The most prevalent species was Staphylococcus epidermidis (n=59). Staphylococcus haemolyticus (n=16) was most often isolated from newborns with the lowest gestational age and birth weight...
- Evaluation of phenotypic methods for methicillin resistance characterization in coagulase-negative staphylococci (CNS)Juliana Caierão
Fundacao Faculdade Federal de Ciencias Medicas de Porto Alegre, Rua Sarmento Leite 245 211, Porto Alegre, RS 90050 170, Brazil
J Med Microbiol 53:1195-9. 2004..epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus. However, accuracy of the tests is impaired when less common species are analysed...
- Linezolid-resistant clinical isolates of meticillin-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci and Enterococcus faecium from ChinaJia Chang Cai
2nd Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University, Zhejiang University, 88 Jiefang Road, Hangzhou 310009, PR China
J Med Microbiol 61:1568-73. 2012..staphylococci (MRCoNS), including ten Staphylococcus capitis, four Staphylococcus cohnii, two Staphylococcus haemolyticus and one Staphylococcus sciuri, and an Enterococcus faecium isolate with various levels of linezolid ..
- Antimicrobial-resistance and enterotoxin-encoding genes among staphylococci isolated from expressed human breast milkLeticia A M Carneiro
Disciplina de Microbiologia e Imunologia, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Avenida 28 de Setembro, 87, Fundos 3o andar, 20551 030, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Med Microbiol 53:761-8. 2004..6 %), Staphylococcus warneri (20.4 %), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (13 %) and Staphylococcus aureus (13 %) were investigated...
- A novel resistance mechanism to triclosan that suggests horizontal gene transfer and demonstrates a potential selective pressure for reduced biocide susceptibility in clinical strains of Staphylococcus aureusMaria Laura Ciusa
Dipartimento di Biotecnologia, Universita di Siena, Siena, Italy
Int J Antimicrob Agents 40:210-20. 2012..novel resistance mechanisms linked to the presence of an additional sh-fabI allele derived from Staphylococcus haemolyticus. The lack of predictive value of in-vitro-selected mutations for clinical isolates indicates that ..
- Species and staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) diversity among methicillin-resistant non-Staphylococcus aureus staphylococci isolated from pigsWannes Vanderhaeghen
Department of General Bacteriology, Veterinary and Agrochemical Research Centre, Groeselenbergstraat 99, B 1180 Ukkel, Belgium
Vet Microbiol 158:123-8. 2012..1%), Staphylococcus pasteuri (18.1%), Staphylococcus rostri (12.5%), Staphylococcus warneri (8.3%), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (2.7%) and Staphylococcus hominis (1.4%). SCCmec cassettes were of type IVa (29...
- Core genome conservation of Staphylococcus haemolyticus limits sequence based population structure analysisJorunn Pauline Cavanagh
Pediatric Research Group, Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
J Microbiol Methods 89:159-66. 2012The notoriously multi-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus is an emerging pathogen causing serious infections in immunocompromised patients...
- Daptomycin lock therapy for grampositive long-term catheter-related bloodstream infectionsJ L del Pozo
Division of Infectious Diseases, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Int J Clin Pract 66:305-8. 2012..To evaluate the efficacy of Daptomycin (DPT) lock therapy in the treatment of Grampositive long-term catheter-related bloodstream infections (LT-CRBI)...
- The Use of Daptomycin and Linezolid to Treat Vancomycin-Intermediate Staphylococcus haemolyticus Infection in a Premature InfantKalen B Porter
University of Georgia College of Pharmacy
J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther 15:297-300. 2010..To our knowledge, this is the first published case report of the use of daptomycin to successfully treat a central nervous system infection in a premature infant...
- Validation of the BacT/ALERT(R) 3D System for Rapid Sterility Testing of Biopharmaceutical SamplesLuis Jimenez
Microbiology Laboratory, Immunomedics Inc
PDA J Pharm Sci Technol 66:38-54. 2012..in sterile product recalls (Burkholderia cepacia), and four environmental isolates (Kocuria rhizophila, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Methylobacterium radiotolerans, and Penicillium spp.)...
- Epidemiological and molecular characterization of Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains, from a hematology ward, with decreased susceptibility to glycopeptidesXiao Xue Ma
Department of Medical Microbiology and Parasitology, College of Basic Medical Sciences, China Medical University, Heping District, Shenyang, People s Republic of China
Can J Microbiol 57:476-84. 2011In the present study, we report on the reduced susceptibility to teicoplanin among clinical isolates of Staphylococcus haemolyticus in a hematology ward of a teaching hospital. The molecular characterization of 17 S...
- Staphylococcus haemolyticus as an important hospital pathogen and carrier of methicillin resistance genesE M Barros
Departamento de Microbiologia Medica, Instituto de Microbiologia Paulo de Góes, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Clin Microbiol 50:166-8. 2012..and molecular methods were used to characterize the antibiotic resistance of 64 clinical isolates of Staphylococcus haemolyticus. By PCR of the mecA gene, 87% were found to be methicillin resistant...
- [The evaluation of lipolytic activity of strains of Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus]Joanna Wroblewska
Katedra i Zakład Mikrobiologii Collegium Medicum im L Rydygiera w Bydgoszczy, Uniwersytet Mikołaja Kopernika w Toruniu
Med Dosw Mikrobiol 63:99-103. 2011..haemolyticus strains (respectively 72,9%, 59,4%). Studies suggest that source of isolation from clinical materials (blood, wound and pus) does not have an influence on the ability hydrolysis esters...
- Antimicrobial susceptibilities of coagulase-negative staphylococci (CNS) and streptococci from bovine subclinical mastitis casesEmel Banu Buyukunal Bal
Department of Biology, Kahramanmaras Sutcu Imam University, 46110, Bahcelievler, Kahramanmaras, Turkey
J Microbiol 48:267-74. 2010..The most frequently isolated species were Staphylococcus haemolyticus (27%) and Staphylococcus simulans (24%)...
- Microbial contamination of orthodontic buccal tubes from manufacturersKathiravan Purmal
Department of General Dental Practice and Oral and Maxillofacial Imaging, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia e mail
Int J Mol Sci 11:3349-56. 2010..tested, three genera of bacteria, implicated as opportunistic pathogens, namely Micrococcus luteus, Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Acinetobacter calcoaceticus were recovered from these buccal tubes...
- [Detection of mecA gene in oxacillin-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from the saliva of nursing professionals]Juliana de Oliveira Rosa
Instituto de Patologia Tropical e Saude Publica, Universidade Federal de Goias, Goiania, GO
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 42:398-403. 2009..selected: 41 were identified as Staphylococcus epidermidis, 25 as Staphylococcus saprophyticus, 18 as Staphylococcus haemolyticus, eight as Staphylococcus cohnii, four as Staphylococcus lugdunenses, three as Staphylococcus capitis ..
- Metabolism of azo dyes by human skin microbiotaRobin L Stingley
Office of Scientific Coordination, National Center for Toxicological Research, US Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, AR 72079 9502, USA
J Med Microbiol 59:108-14. 2010..of available genomic and proteomic data revealed that at least four of the staphylococci in this study, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staph...
- Multiplex PCR assay for species identification of bovine mastitis pathogensB R Shome
Project Directorate on Animal Disease Monitoring and Surveillance, Hebbal, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
J Appl Microbiol 111:1349-56. 2011..Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus chromogenes, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus sciuri, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus simulans, Streptococcus agalactiae, Streptococcus dysgalactiae, Streptococcus uberis ..
- Double triplex real-time PCR assay for simultaneous detection of Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis, and Staphylococcus haemolyticus and determination of their methicillin resistance directly from positive blood cultAbdullah Kilic
Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy and School of Medicine, 06018 Ankara, Turkey
Res Microbiol 162:1060-6. 2011..detect and identify Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus and their methicillin resistance in a single reaction directly from Gram-positive cocci-in-clusters (..
- Diversity of plasmids and transmission of high-level mupirocin mupA resistance gene in Staphylococcus haemolyticusNatália do Carmo Ferreira
Departamento de Microbiologia Medica, Instituto de Microbiologia Prof Paulo de Goes, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 61:147-52. 2011..the diversity of high-level mupirocin resistance plasmids (Mup(R) ) was investigated in four strains of Staphylococcus haemolyticus belonging to different pulsed-field gel electrophoresis (PFGE) types or subtypes, isolated in a ..
- Significance of methicillin-teicoplanin resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus in bloodstream infections in patients of the Semmelweis University hospitals in HungaryK Kristof
Division of Microbiological Diagnostic Laboratory, Central Clinical Laboratory, Semmelweis University, Nagyvarad ter 4, 1089 Budapest, Hungary
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 30:691-9. 2011The purpose of this study was to quantify the impact of Staphylococcus haemolyticus in the epidemiology of the blood stream infection (BSI) and to characterize the rates and quantitative levels of resistance to antistaphylococcal drugs...
- Pulmonary valve infective endocarditis in an adult patient with severe congenital pulmonary stenosis and ostium secundum atrial septal defectJuan Lacalzada
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital of the Canary Islands, La Laguna, 38320 Tenerife, Spain
Cardiol Res Pract 2010:798956. 2010..Following discharge, he was readmitted with fever and blood cultures positive for Staphylococcus haemolyticus. A new TTE revealed two pulmonary valve vegetations and a previously undetected ostium secundum-type ..
- Activity of telavancin and comparator antimicrobial agents tested against Staphylococcus spp. isolated from hospitalised patients in Europe (2007-2008)Rodrigo E Mendes
JMI Laboratories, 345 Beaver Kreek Centre, Suite A, North Liberty, IA 52317, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 36:374-9. 2010..12 mg/L) compared with Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus saprophyticus and Staphylococcus warneri (MIC(50)=0.25mg/L)...
- Polymerase chain reaction detection of enterotoxins genes in coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from Brazilian Minas cheeseVera Lucia Mores Rall
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Biosciences, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Foodborne Pathog Dis 7:1121-3. 2010..saprophyticus, 16 Staphylococcus warneri, 10 Staphylococcus epidermidis, 9 Staphylococcus xylosus, 3 Staphylococcus haemolyticus, 2 Staphylococcus schleiferi subsp. schleiferi, and 1 each Staphylococcus capitis subsp...
- Identification of unknown ocular pathogens in clinically suspected eye infections using ribosomal RNA gene sequence analysisM L G Daroy
Research and Biotechnology Division, St Luke s Medical Centre, Quezon City, Philippines
Clin Microbiol Infect 17:776-9. 2011..Klebsiella pneumoniae, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Morganella morganii, Mycobacterium sp., Chryseobacterium sp...
- CNS species and antimicrobial resistance in clinical and subclinical bovine mastitisK Persson Waller
Department of Animal Health and Antimicrobial Strategies, National Veterinary Institute, SE 751 89 Uppsala, Sweden
Vet Microbiol 152:112-6. 2011..epidermidis were the most common CNS species found followed by Staphylococcus simulans and Staphylococcus haemolyticus. S...
- A pediatric patient with acute suppurative thyroiditis caused by Eikenella corrodensYayoi Yoshino
Department of General Pediatrics, Nihon University Nerima Hikarigaoka Hospital, Nihon University School of Medicine, 2 11 1 Hikarigaoka, Nerima ku, Tokyo, 179 0072, Japan
J Infect Chemother 16:353-5. 2010..The causative organisms of acute suppurative thyroiditis include Peptostreptococcus, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, and α-streptococcus, but the organisms responsible are commonly undetectable in clinical cases...
- Intra-species diversity and epidemiology varies among coagulase-negative Staphylococcus species causing bovine intramammary infectionsV Piessens
Institute for Agricultural and Fisheries Research ILVO, Technology and Food Science Unit, Brusselsesteenweg 370, 9090 Melle, Belgium
Vet Microbiol 155:62-71. 2012..genetic diversity within four CNS species frequently associated with bovine intramammary infections, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, S. simulans, S. chromogenes, and S. epidermidis, was determined...
- Antimicrobial resistance and molecular characterization of Staphylococcus haemolyticus in a Chinese hospitalM H Yu
State Key Laboratory for Diagnosis and Treatment of Infectious Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, No 79 Qing Chun Road, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, 310003 People s Republic of China
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 29:613-6. 2010The aim of this study was to perform the molecular characterization of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus (MRSH) from clinical specimens of patients in a Chinese hospital. One hundred and thirty-three strains of S...
- Susceptibility of Staphylococcus species and subspecies to fleroxacinT L Bannerman
Department of Microbiology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27695 7614
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 35:2135-9. 1991..Thirty-four percent of the Staphylococcus haemolyticus clinical strains were resistant to fleroxacin, and 9% had intermediate susceptibility...
- The in vitro activity of daptomycin against 514 Gram-positive aerobic clinical isolatesA King
Department of Infection, KCL, St Thomas Hospital Campus, London SE1 7EH, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 48:219-23. 2001..methicillin-susceptible and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus, were 0.03-0.5 mg/L...
- Antimicrobial activity of imipenem against isolates from complicated urinary tract infectionsSatoshi Ishihara
Department of Urology, Gifu University School of Medicine, 40 Tsukasa Machi, Gifu 500 8705, Japan
Int J Antimicrob Agents 19:565-9. 2002..Resistant strains (MIC>16 mg/l) were observed in Staphylococcus haemolyticus (22%), Enterococcus faecalis (4%), Enterococcus avium (8%), Serratia marcescens (5%) and Pseudomonas ..
- Intestinal microflora in early infancy: composition and developmentS Fanaro
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Division of Neonatology and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, University of Ferrara, Italy
Acta Paediatr Suppl 91:48-55. 2003..coli, Enterobacter cloacae, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus. Hygienic conditions and antimicrobial procedures strongly influence the intestinal colonization pattern...
- Molecular cloning of a 32-kilodalton lipoprotein component of a novel iron-regulated Staphylococcus epidermidis ABC transporterA Cockayne
Institute of Infections and Immunity, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2UH, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 66:3767-74. 1998..No reactivity was detected with Staphylococcus lugdunensis, Staphylococcus cohni, or Staphylococcus haemolyticus. The gene encoding the 32-kDa lipoprotein from S...
- Comparison of the BBL CHROMagar Staph aureus agar medium to conventional media for detection of Staphylococcus aureus in respiratory samplesDiane Flayhart
Division of Medical Microbiology, Meyer B1 193, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, 600 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287 7093, USA
J Clin Microbiol 42:3566-9. 2004..were subsequently identified as Staphylococcus lugdunensis (one), Staphylococcus epidermidis (three), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (one), and Corynebacterium species (four). CSA improved the ability to detect S...
- Identification of coagulase-negative staphylococci other than Staphylococcus epidermidis by automated ribotypingE Carretto
Laboratori Sperimentali di Ricerca, Area Infettivologica, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Clin Microbiol Infect 11:177-84. 2005..capitis, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus simulans, S...
- [Adhesion dependence of coagulase-negative staphylococci to biomaterials and PIA polysaccharide synthesis on icaADBC operon presence]Marzenna Bartoszewicz
Zakład Mikrobiologii Akademii Medycznej we Wrocławiu
Med Dosw Mikrobiol 56:225-30. 2004Both Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus are important causes of infections associated with catheters and other medical devices. This infections result in significant morbidity, mortality and economic cost...