Pediococcus damnosus

Summary

Alias: Pediococcus damnosus Claussen 1903

Top Publications

  1. Walling E, Gindreau E, Lonvaud Funel A. A putative glucan synthase gene dps detected in exopolysaccharide-producing Pediococcus damnosus and Oenococcus oeni strains isolated from wine and cider. Int J Food Microbiol. 2005;98:53-62 pubmed publisher
    ..A polymerase chain reaction (PCR) assay was previously described for the detection of ropy Pediococcus damnosus strains in wine [J. Appl. Microbiol. 90 (2001) 535]...
  2. Snauwaert I, Roels S, Van Nieuwerburg F, Van Landschoot A, De Vuyst L, Vandamme P. Microbial diversity and metabolite composition of Belgian red-brown acidic ales. Int J Food Microbiol. 2016;221:1-11 pubmed publisher
    ..The most important microbial species present in the Belgian red-brown acidic ales investigated were Pediococcus damnosus, Dekkera bruxellensis, and Acetobacter pasteurianus...
  3. Turvey M, Weiland F, Meneses J, Sterenberg N, Hoffmann P. Identification of beer spoilage microorganisms using the MALDI Biotyper platform. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2016;100:2761-73 pubmed publisher
    ..of the most common bacterial beer spoilage microorganisms (Lactobacillus lindneri, Lactobacillus brevis and Pediococcus damnosus), four commercially available brewing yeast strains (top- and bottom-fermenting) and Dekkera/Brettanomyces ..
  4. Snauwaert I, Stragier P, De Vuyst L, Vandamme P. Comparative genome analysis of Pediococcus damnosus LMG 28219, a strain well-adapted to the beer environment. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:267 pubmed publisher
    b>Pediococcus damnosus LMG 28219 is a lactic acid bacterium dominating the maturation phase of Flemish acid beer productions...
  5. Vigentini I, Praz A, Domeneghetti D, Zenato S, Picozzi C, Barmaz A, et al. Characterization of malolactic bacteria isolated from Aosta Valley wines and evidence of psychrotrophy in some strains. J Appl Microbiol. 2016;120:934-45 pubmed publisher
    ..of 16S rDNA gene: 80% were ascribed to Oenococcus oeni while the remaining 20% were attributed to Pediococcus damnosus species. The genetic diversity of 43 O...
  6. Spitaels F, Wieme A, Janssens M, Aerts M, Van Landschoot A, De Vuyst L, et al. The microbial diversity of an industrially produced lambic beer shares members of a traditionally produced one and reveals a core microbiota for lambic beer fermentation. Food Microbiol. 2015;49:23-32 pubmed publisher
    ..lambic beer fermentations, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Saccharomyces pastorianus, Dekkera bruxellensis and Pediococcus damnosus were the microorganisms responsible for the main fermentation and maturation phases...
  7. Kajala I, Bergsveinson J, Friesen V, Redekop A, Juvonen R, Storgårds E, et al. Lactobacillus backii and Pediococcus damnosus isolated from 170-year-old beer recovered from a shipwreck lack the metabolic activities required to grow in modern lager beer. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2017;: pubmed publisher
    ..bottles of beer containing viable bacteria of the common beer-spoilage species Lactobacillus backii and Pediococcus damnosus were recovered from a shipwreck near the Åland Islands, Finland...
  8. Sakamoto K, Konings W. Beer spoilage bacteria and hop resistance. Int J Food Microbiol. 2003;89:105-24 pubmed
    ..They include some lactic acid bacteria such as Lactobacillus brevis, Lactobacillus lindneri and Pediococcus damnosus, and some Gram-negative bacteria such as Pectinatus cerevisiiphilus, Pectinatus frisingensis and ..
  9. Suzuki K, Sami M, Iijima K, Ozaki K, Yamashita H. Characterization of horA and its flanking regions of Pediococcus damnosus ABBC478 and development of more specific and sensitive horA PCR method. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2006;42:392-9 pubmed
    To characterize horA and its flanking regions of Pediococcus damnosus ABBC478 and, on the basis of this insight, to develop a more specific and sensitive horA PCR method.

More Information

Publications12

  1. Gindreau E, Walling E, Lonvaud Funel A. Direct polymerase chain reaction detection of ropy Pediococcus damnosus strains in wine. J Appl Microbiol. 2001;90:535-42 pubmed
    Glucan-producing strains of Pediococcus damnosus are considered as spoilage micro-organisms because synthesis of glucan leads to an unacceptable viscosity of wine...
  2. Suzuki K, Ozaki K, Yamashita H. Comparative analysis of conserved genetic markers and adjacent DNA regions identified in beer-spoilage lactic acid bacteria. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2004;39:240-5 pubmed publisher
    ..paracollinoides LA2T and Pediococcus damnosus ABBC478...
  3. Alegre M, Rodríguez M, Mesas J. Nucleotide sequence, structural organization and host range of pRS4, a small cryptic Pediococcus pentosaceus plasmid that contains two cassettes commonly found in other lactic acid bacteria. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2005;250:151-6 pubmed
    ..To our knowledge pRS4 is the first RC-replicating plasmid of P. pentosaceus that has been completely sequenced and used as cloning vector. ..