Genomes and Genes
Alias: "Ascococcus mesenteroides" Tsenkovskii 1878, "Betacoccus arabinosaceus" Orla-Jensen 1919, Ascococcus mesenteroides, Betacoccus arabinosaceus, Leuconostoc mesenteroides (Tsenkovskii 1878) van Tieghem 1878, Leuconostoc mesanteroides
Publications144 found, 100 shown here
- Stability of microbial communities in goat milk during a lactation year: molecular approachesCécile Callon
INRA Unité de Recherches Fromagères URF545, INRA, 36 rue de Salers, 15000 Aurillac, France
Syst Appl Microbiol 30:547-60. 2007..in milk, such as Lactococcus lactis, Lactococcus garvieae, Enterococcus faecalis, Lactobacillus casei, Leuconostoc mesenteroides, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus simulans, Staphylococcus caprae, Staphylococcus equorum, ..
- Identification of the agent from Lactobacillus plantarum KFRI464 that enhances bacteriocin production by Leuconostoc citreum GJ7J Y Chang
Department of Food and Nutrition, Chosun University, 375 Seosukdong, Donggu, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
J Appl Microbiol 103:2504-15. 2007..To provide evidence that the production of bacteriocin by lactic acid bacteria can be enhanced by the presence of a bacteriocin-sensitive strain and identify the agent that is responsible for enhancing bacteriocin production...
- Lactobacillus plantarum gene clusters encoding putative cell-surface protein complexes for carbohydrate utilization are conserved in specific gram-positive bacteriaRoland Siezen
Wageningen Centre for Food Sciences WCFS, Wageningen, The Netherlands
BMC Genomics 7:126. 2006....
- Identification and characterization of two bacteriocin-producing bacteria isolated from garlic and ginger rootM E Janes
Department of Food Science, Center for Food Safety and Quality IFSE, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 72704, USA
J Food Prot 62:899-904. 1999..The bacteria were identified by 16S rRNA sequence analyses and fermentation patterns as Leuconostoc mesenteroides (garlic isolate) and Lactococcus lactis (ginger isolate)...
- Homogenous enzyme immunoassay for cyclosporine in whole blood using the EMIT 2000 cyclosporine specific assay with the COBAS MIRA-plus analyzerS Kimura
Laboratory for Clinical Investigation, Osaka University Hospital, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Clin Lab Anal 15:319-23. 2001..The enzyme used for the assay was glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (EC 220.127.116.11 G6PDH) from Leuconostoc mesenteroides; the monoclonal antibody is fairly specific for cyclosporine, and is not reactive with most metabolites...
- The phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase from Methanothermobacter thermautotrophicus has a novel structureHiten M Patel
Virginia Bioinformatics Institute, Bioinformatics I, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 0477 Washington St, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
J Bacteriol 186:5129-37. 2004..archaeal genomic sequences, but only in three bacterial (Clostridium perfringens, Oenococcus oeni, and Leuconostoc mesenteroides) and no eukaryotic genomes...
- Functional properties of selected starter cultures for sour maize breadMojisola O Edema
Department of Microbiology, College of Natural Sciences, University of Agriculture, P M B 2240, Abeokuta, Nigeria
Food Microbiol 25:616-25. 2008..brevis, Lb. fermentum, Lb. acidophilus, Pediococcus acidilactici, Leuconostoc mesenteroides and Leuconostoc dextranicum and Saccharomyces cerevisiae were used singly and as mixed cultures in the ..
- [Microbiological and clinical studies of vancomycin resistant Leuconostoc spp. and Pediococcus spp. isolated from septicemia patients]K Kikuchi
Department of Medicine, Tokyo Women's Medical College
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 68:1084-92. 1994..Leuconostoc lactis, Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. dextranicum, and Pediococcus acidilactici wee identified by physiological reactions...
- Characterisation and transferability of antibiotic resistance genes from lactic acid bacteria isolated from Irish pork and beef abattoirsNiamh Toomey
Department of Food Safety, Ashtown Food Research Centre, Ashtown, Dublin 15, Ireland
Res Microbiol 161:127-35. 2010..Two tetracycline-resistant strains, Lactobacillus plantarum and Leuconostoc mesenteroides spp., contained tet(M) and tet(S) genes respectively...
- Human glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase: the crystal structure reveals a structural NADP(+) molecule and provides insights into enzyme deficiencyS W Au
Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, The University of Hong Kong, Department of Biochemistry, Oxford, OX1 3QU, UK, Hong Kong
Structure 8:293-303. 2000..Severe deficiency causes chronic non-spherocytic haemolytic anaemia; the usual symptoms are neonatal jaundice, favism and haemolytic anaemia...
- Gluco-oligosaccharides synthesized by glucosyltransferases from constitutive mutants of Leuconostoc mesenteroides strain Lm 28I Iliev
Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, Plovdiv University, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
J Appl Microbiol 104:243-50. 2008To find different types of glucosyltransferases (GTFs) produced by Leuconostoc mesenteroides strain Lm 28 and its mutant forms, and to check the effectiveness of gluco-oligosaccharide synthesis using maltose as the acceptor.
- Cloning of branched chain amino acid biosynthesis genes and assays of alpha-acetolactate synthase activities in Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. cremorisJ F Cavin
Laboratoire de Microbiologie UA INRA, ENSBANA, Universite de Bourgogne, Dijon, France
Res Microbiol 150:189-98. 1999A genomic library from Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp...
- Enzymes of vancomycin resistance: the structure of D-alanine-D-lactate ligase of naturally resistant Leuconostoc mesenteroidesA P Kuzin
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, The University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269 3125, USA
Structure 8:463-70. 2000..Clinical resistance to vancomycin in enterococcal pathogens has been traced to altered ligases producing D-alanine-D-lactate rather than D-alanine-D-alanine...
- Binding of bivalent cations by xanthan in aqueous solutionDirk Bergmann
Fachbereich Chemie, Universitat Duisburg Essen, 45 117 Essen, Germany
Int J Biol Macromol 43:245-51. 2008..Xanthan from Xanthomonas campestris was studied in comparison with dextran from Leuconostoc mesenteroides. While dextran does not develop specific interactions with the bivalent cations, the analysis of the ..
- Safety properties and molecular strain typing of lactic acid bacteria from slightly fermented sausagesT Aymerich
IRTA, Meat Technology Centre, Granja Camps i Armet, Monells, Girona, Spain
J Appl Microbiol 100:40-9. 2006..To evaluate the biodiversity of lactobacilli from slightly fermented sausages (chorizo, fuet and salchichon) by molecular typing, while considering their safety aspects...
- Artisanal and experimental Pecorino Siciliano cheese: microbial dynamics during manufacture assessed by culturing and PCR-DGGE analysesCinzia L Randazzo
DOFATA Sezione Tecnologie Agroalimentari, University of Catania, Via Santa Sofia 98, 95123 Catania, Italy
Int J Food Microbiol 109:1-8. 2006..and isolates belonging to Lactococcus lactis, Streptococcus thermophilus, Enterococcus faecalis and Leuconostoc mesenteroides were identified by phenotypic characterisation and comparison of the restriction fragment length ..
- Binding of bivalent cations by hyaluronate in aqueous solutionGuido Furth
Fachbereich Chemie, Universitat Duisburg Essen, 45 117 Essen, Germany
Int J Biol Macromol 42:33-40. 2008..Hyaluronate deriving from Streptococcus equi was studied in comparison with dextran from Leuconostoc mesenteroides which was shown to develop no specific interactions with the bivalent cations...
- alpha-fluorinated phosphonates as substrate mimics for glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase: the CHF stereochemistry mattersD B Berkowitz
Department of Chemistry, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, 68588 0304, USA
J Org Chem 65:4498-508. 2000..of phosphonate mimics of glucose 6-phosphate (G6P) as unnatural substrates for G6P dehydrogenase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides. The four G6P analogues (9, 10, 15a, and 15b) differ only in the degree of fluorination at the "bridging"..
- Characterisation and biochemical properties of predominant lactic acid bacteria from fermenting cassava for selection as starter culturesM Kostinek
Federal Research Centre for Nutrition and Food, Institute of Hygiene and Toxicology, Haid und Neu Strasse 9, D 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
Int J Food Microbiol 114:342-51. 2007..two each as Leuconostoc fallax, Weissella paramesenteroides and Lactobacillus fermentum, one each as Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp...
- The three-dimensional structure of glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides refined at 2.0 A resolutionP Rowland
University of Oxford, Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, UK
Structure 2:1073-87. 1994..Normally the pathway is synthetic and NADP-dependent, but the Gram-positive bacterium Leuconostoc mesenteroides, which does not have a complete glycolytic pathway, also uses the oxidative enzymes of the pentose ..
- Isolation and characterization of pediocin AcH chimeric protein mutants with altered bactericidal activityK W Miller
Departments of Molecular Biology, University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming 82071, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 64:1997-2005. 1998..plantarum NCDO955, Listeria innocua Lin11, Enterococcus faecalis M1, Pediococcus acidilactici LB42, and Leuconostoc mesenteroides Ly. A C24S substitution mutant constructed by other means also was inactive against these bacteria...
- Acid-base catalysis in Leuconostoc mesenteroides sucrose phosphorylase probed by site-directed mutagenesis and detailed kinetic comparison of wild-type and Glu237-->Gln mutant enzymesAlexandra Schwarz
Institute of Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering, Graz University of Technology, Petersgasse 12, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Biochem J 403:441-9. 2007..role of acid-base catalysis in the two-step enzymatic mechanism of alpha-retaining glucosyl transfer by Leuconostoc mesenteroides sucrose phosphorylase has been examined through site-directed replacement of the putative catalytic ..
- Identification of an arginine residue in the dual coenzyme-specific glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides that plays a key role in binding NADP+ but not NAD+H R Levy
Department of Biology, Syracuse University, New York 13244 1220, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 326:145-51. 1996Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides can utilize either NADP or NAD as coenzyme. The enzyme's three-dimensional structure has been solved (Rowland et al...
- Effect of Lactobacillus buchneri, Lactobacillus fermentum, Leuconostoc mesenteroides inoculants, or a chemical additive on the fermentation, aerobic stability, and nutritive value of crimped wheat grainsA T Adesogan
IRS, University of Wales, Aberystwyth SY23 3AL, U K
J Dairy Sci 86:1789-96. 2003..UK) or 1 x 10(5) cfu/g of each of three inoculant additives containing Lactobacillus fermentum (A), Leuconostoc mesenteroides (B), and Lactobacillus buchneri (C). Six replicates were conserved per treatment...
- Scale-up of a new bacterial mannitol production processF Niklas W von Weymarn
Laboratory of Bioprocess Engineering, Department of Chemical Technology, P O Box 6100, Helsinki University of Technology, FIN 02015 Helsinki, Finland
Biotechnol Prog 19:815-21. 2003..In earlier papers, we have described the identification of a food-grade lactic acid bacterium strain, Leuconostoc mesenteroides ATCC-9135, with efficient mannitol production capabilities and the development and optimization of a new ..
- Cellular association of glucosyltransferases in Leuconostoc mesenteroides and effects of detergent on cell associationJ C Zahnley
Western Regional Research Center, U S Department of Agriculture, Albany, CA 94710, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 87:57-70. 2000Most glucosyltransferase (GTF) activity in sucrose-grown cultures of some strains of Leuconostoc mesenteroides is found with the cell pellet after centrifugation...
- Survival of freeze-dried leuconostoc mesenteroides and Lactobacillus plantarum related to their cellular fatty acids composition during storageIbourahema Coulibaly
Unité des Bio industries, Centre Wallon de Biologie Industrielle, Faculte Universitaire des Sciences Agronomiques de Gembloux, Passage des Deportes, Gembloux, Belgium
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 157:70-84. 2009..mesenteroides and L. plantarum was noted in the freeze-dried powder held at 4 degrees C or under vacuum and in dark than at 20 degrees C or in the presence of oxygen and light...
- Application of neural networks to simulate the growth profile of lactic acid bacteria in green olive fermentationEfstathios Z Panagou
National Agricultural Research Foundation, Institute of Technology of Agricultural Products, 1, S Venizelou str, Lycovrissi, Greece GR 141 23
J Food Prot 70:1909-16. 2007..plantarum ACA-DC 146, Lactobacillus paracasei ACA-DC 4037, Lactobacillus sakei LQC 1378, and Leuconostoc mesenteroides LQC 1398) was investigated in controlled fermentation of cv...
- Media and process parameters affecting the growth, strain ratios and specific acidifying activities of a mixed lactic starter containing aroma-producing and probiotic strainsS Savoie
Centre de Recherche sur les Aliments, Ecole des sciences des aliments, de Nutrition et d Etudes Familiales, Faculté des sciences de la santé et des services communautaires, Pavillon Jacqueline Bouchard, Universite de Moncton, Moncton, NB, Canada
J Appl Microbiol 103:163-74. 2007..The starter was composed of Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis (L. lactis), Lactococcus lactis ssp. cremoris (L. cremoris), Lactobacillus rhamnosus (Lact. rhamnosus) and Leuconostoc mesenteroides ssp. cremoris (Leuc. cremoris).
- Intraspecific diversity of Lactobacillus curvatus, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus sakei, and Leuconostoc mesenteroides associated with vacuum-packed meat product spoilage analyzed by randomly amplified polymorphic DNA PCRRosa Aznar
Departament de Microbiologia i Ecologia, Universitat de Valencia, Spain
J Food Prot 69:2403-10. 2006The intraspecific diversity of Leuconostoc mesenteroides, Lactobacillus curvatus, Lactobacillus sakei, and Lactobacillus plantarum was analyzed by randomly amplified polymorphic DNA (RAPD) PCR with universal primers M13 and T3...
- Optimization of dextran production by Leuconostoc mesenteroides NRRL B-512 using cheap and local sources of carbohydrate and nitrogenJavad Behravan
Biotechnology Research Center, Bu Ali Research Institute, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 38:267-9. 2003..after filtration, steam sterilization and pH adjustment, were inoculated with a fresh suspension of Leuconostoc mesenteroides. Cultures were incubated, and then diluted with an equal volume of ethanol...
- Human erythrocyte glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase. Identification of a reactive lysyl residue labelled with pyridoxal 5'-phosphateL Camardella
International Institute of Genetics and Biophysics, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Naples, Italy
Eur J Biochem 171:485-9. 1988..residue, isolated from the enzyme from Saccharomyces cerevisiae; glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides also contains a region highly homologous with the sequence around the reactive lysyl residue in the ..
- Enzymatic synthesis and characterization of arbutin glucosides using glucansucrase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides B-1299CBYoung Hwan Moon
School of Biological Sciences and Technology, The Research Institute for Catalysis and Institute of Bioindustrial Technology, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, 500 757, South Korea
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 77:559-67. 2007Two arbutin glucosides were synthesized via the acceptor reaction of a glucansucrase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides B-1299CB with arbutin and sucrose...
- Novel transglucosylating reaction of sucrose phosphorylase to carboxylic compounds such as benzoic acidKazuhisa Sugimoto
Biochemical Research Laboratory, Ezaki Glico Co Ltd, 4 6 5 Utajima, Osaka, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 104:22-9. 2007..On the other hand, sucrose phosphorylase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides showed very weak transglucosylating activity...
- Synthesis and characterization of hydroquinone fructoside using Leuconostoc mesenteroides levansucraseJin Kang
Chonnam National University, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 83:1009-16. 2009..synthesized a HQ fructoside (HQ-Fru) as a potential skin-whitening agent by reacting levansucrase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides with HQ as an acceptor and sucrose as a fructofuranose donor...
- The effect of dietary fatty acids on lactic acid bacteria associated with the epithelial mucosa and from faecalia of Arctic charr, Salvelinus alpinus (L.)E Ringø
Department of Arctic Veterinary Medicine, Norwegian College of Veterinary Medicine, Tromsø, Norway
J Appl Microbiol 85:855-64. 1998..and Leuconostoc mesenteroides present. Seven strains of Carnobacterium spp...
- Probiotic Leuconostoc mesenteroides ssp. cremoris and Streptococcus thermophilus induce IL-12 and IFN-gamma productionRiina A Kekkonen
University of Helsinki, Institute of Biomedicine, Pharmacology, Helsinki 00014, Finland
World J Gastroenterol 14:1192-203. 2008....
- The microbial association of Greek taverna sausage stored at 4 and 10 degrees C in air, vacuum or 100% carbon dioxide, and its spoilage potentialJ Samelis
Agricultural University of Athens, Department of Food Science and Technology, Greece
J Appl Microbiol 88:58-68. 2000..Conversely, in air-stored sausages, leuconostocs, mainly Leuconostoc mesenteroides ssp...
- Chemical evaluation and sensory quality of sauerkrauts obtained by natural and induced fermentations at different NaCl levels from Brassica oleracea Var. capitata Cv. Bronco grown in eastern Spain. Effect of storageElena Peñas
Instituto de Fermentaciones Industriales CSIC, Juan de la Cierva 3, Madrid, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 58:3549-57. 2010..Sauerkrauts obtained by Leuconostoc mesenteroides at 0.5% NaCl showed the highest ABG content and a large amount of vitamin C...
- Enhancement of the immune response and protection induced by probiotic lactic acid bacteria against furunculosis in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)José Luis Balcázar
Laboratory of Fish Pathology, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 51:185-93. 2007..Probiotic strains (Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis CLFP 100, Leuconostoc mesenteroides CLFP 196, and Lactobacillus sakei CLFP 202) were administered orally to fish for 2 weeks at 10(6) CFU g(-..
- Effect of Lactococcus lactis CLFP 100 and Leuconostoc mesenteroides CLFP 196 on Aeromonas salmonicida Infection in brown trout (Salmo trutta)José Luis Balcázar
Laboratory of Fish Pathology, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 17:153-7. 2009..Treatment with probiotic strains (Lactococcus lactis CLFP 100 and Leuconostoc mesenteroides CLFP 196) resulted in a higher survival rate after challenge, activation of phagocytic cells in the head ..
- Mechanistic differences among retaining disaccharide phosphorylases: insights from kinetic analysis of active site mutants of sucrose phosphorylase and alpha,alpha-trehalose phosphorylaseChristiane Goedl
Institute of Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering, Graz University of Technology, Petersgasse 12, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Carbohydr Res 343:2032-40. 2008..as catalytic nucleophile and acid-base, respectively, in the reaction of sucrose phosphorylase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides. The side chain of Asp(295) is suggested to facilitate the catalytic steps of glucosylation and ..
- Probiotics, critical illness, and methodologic biasRonald L Koretz
Department of Medicine, Olive View UCLA Medical Center, 14445 Olive View Drive, Sylmar, CA 91342, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 24:45-9. 2009..was seen particularly in trials employing one combination of probiotic agents (Pediococcus pentosaceus, Leuconostoc mesenteroides, Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus plantarum)...
- Identification of the bacterial biodiversity in koumiss by denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis and species-specific polymerase chain reactionY Hao
College of Food Science and Nutritional Engineering, China Agricultural University, 17 Qing Hua East Road, Hai Dian District, Beijing, China 100083
J Dairy Sci 93:1926-33. 2010..b>Leuconostoc mesenteroides, Streptococcus thermophilus, Lactobacillus buchneri, and Lactobacillus jensenii were occasionally found ..
- DNA fingerprinting of lactic acid bacteria in sauerkraut fermentationsVethachai Plengvidhya
USDA ARS, Department of Food Science, 322 Schaub Hall, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7624, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:7697-702. 2007..the ecology of commercial sauerkraut fermentations revealed that four species of lactic acid bacteria, Leuconostoc mesenteroides, Lactobacillus plantarum, Pediococcus pentosaceus, and Lactobacillus brevis, were the primary ..
- Heterologous expression of glycoside hydrolase family 2 and 42 β-galactosidases of lactic acid bacteria in Lactococcus lactisClarissa Schwab
Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Syst Appl Microbiol 33:300-7. 2010..to GH2 β-galactosidases of Streptococcus thermophilus (LacZ type), Lactobacillus plantarum and Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. cremoris (both LacLM type)...
- Occurrence of lactic acid bacteria and biogenic amines in biologically aged winesM Victoria Moreno-Arribas
Instituto de Fermentaciones Industriales, CSIC, Juan de la Cierva 3, 28006 Madrid, Spain
Food Microbiol 25:875-81. 2008..with prevailing Lactobacillus hilgardii, Lactobacillus plantarum and Lactobacillus zeae and Leuconostoc mesenteroides. The biogenic amine-producing capacity of the isolates was also determined...
- Role of Arg301 in substrate orientation and catalysis in subsite 2 of D-alanine:D-alanine (D-lactate) ligase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides: a molecular docking studyFrancis C Neuhaus
Department of Biochemistry, 2205 Tech Drive, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208 3500, USA
J Mol Graph Model 28:728-34. 2010D-alanine:D-alanine (D-lactate) ligase (ADP) from Leuconostoc mesenteroides synthesizes the depsipeptide, D-alanyl-D-lactate, in addition to D-alanyl-D-alanine, when D-alanine and D-lactate are incubated simultaneously...
- 16S ribosomal DNA analysis and characterization of lactic acid bacteria associated with traditional Tibetan Qula cheese made from yak milkZhongfang Tan
Zhengzhou University, Henan, China
Anim Sci J 81:706-13. 2010..Strains in Group A and Group B exhibited similarity of 16S rDNA sequence of over 99% to Leuconostoc mesenteroides, indicating that they each comprised a single species...
- Reclassification of the genus Leuconostoc and proposals of Fructobacillus fructosus gen. nov., comb. nov., Fructobacillus durionis comb. nov., Fructobacillus ficulneus comb. nov. and Fructobacillus pseudoficulneus comb. novAkihito Endo
NODAI Culture Collection Center, Tokyo University of Agriculture, 1 1 1 Sakuragaoka, Setagaya, Tokyo 156 8502, Japan
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 58:2195-205. 2008..The three subclusters were the Leuconostoc mesenteroides subcluster (comprising L. carnosum, L. citreum, L. gasicomitatum, L. gelidum, L. inhae, L. kimchii, L...
- NMR spectroscopic analysis of exopolysaccharides produced by Leuconostoc citreum and Weissella confusaNdegwa Henry Maina
Department of Applied Chemistry and Microbiology, Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry, University of Helsinki, PO Box 27, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Carbohydr Res 343:1446-55. 2008..and structural analysis has focused mainly on dextrans from Leuconostoc species, particularly on Leuconostoc mesenteroides strains...
- Antifungal activity of strains of lactic acid bacteria isolated from a semolina ecosystem against Penicillium roqueforti, Aspergillus niger and Endomyces fibuliger contaminating bakery productsFrancesca Valerio
Institute of Sciences of Food Production, National Research Council, 70126 Bari, Italy
Syst Appl Microbiol 32:438-48. 2009..the identification of the following species: Weissella confusa, Weissella cibaria, Leuconostoc citreum, Leuconostoc mesenteroides, Lactococcus lactis, Lactobacillus rossiae and Lactobacillus plantarum...
- Modelling the growth of Leuconostoc mesenteroides by Artificial Neural NetworksR M Garcia-Gimeno
Department of Food Science and Technology, University of Cordoba, Campus Rabanales, Edif Darwin, 14014 Cordoba, Spain
Int J Food Microbiol 105:317-32. 2005..ppm) on the predicted specific growth rate (Gr), lag-time (Lag) and maximum population density (yEnd) of Leuconostoc mesenteroides under aerobic and anaerobic conditions, was studied using an Artificial Neural Network-based model (ANN) ..
- Effect of high oxygen and high carbon dioxide atmosphere packaging on the microbial spoilage and shelf-life of fresh-cut honeydew melonBao Yu Zhang
Ghent University, Food2Know, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering, Department of Food Safety and Food Quality, Laboratory of Food Microbiology and Food Preservation, Coupure Links 653, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Int J Food Microbiol 166:378-90. 2013..Firstly, the effect of MA on the growth and volatile organic metabolite production of Candida sake, Leuconostoc mesenteroides and Leuconostoc gelidum, which had all been previously isolated from spoiled commercial fresh-cut ..
- Synergistic mode of action of mesenterocins 52A and 52B produced by Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. mesenteroides FR 52Maxime Limonet
Laboratoire Bioprocédés Agro Alimentaires, Ecole Nationale Superieure d Agronomie et des Industries Alimentaires, Institut National Polytechnique de Lorraine ENSAIA INPL, 2, avenue de la Forêt de Haye, BP 172, F54 505, Vandoeuvre les Nancy Cedex, France
Curr Microbiol 48:204-7. 2004..In this work, the actions of mesenterocin 52A (class IIa) and mesenterocin 52B (class II), produced by Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. mesenteroides FR 52, were studied on strains susceptible to only one bacteriocin or to both...
- The mannitol dehydrogenase gene (mdh) from Leuconostoc mesenteroides is distinct from other known bacterial mdh genesJ Aarnikunnas
Department of Basic Veterinary Sciences, Division of Microbiology, PO Box 57, 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 59:665-71. 2002..from a 41 kDa protein purified from a commercial mannitol dehydrogenase (MDH) enzyme preparation of Leuconostoc mesenteroides ATCC-9135 were determined...
- Characterisation of the microflora of attiéké, a fermented cassava product, during traditional small-scale preparationP Coulin
Institute of Food Science and Nutrition, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH Zentrum, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Food Microbiol 106:131-6. 2006..from one representative attiéké production of good quality showed that, at the start of fermentation, Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. mesenteroides was present in the highest numbers, accounting for 20% of all lactic acid bacteria...
- Leuconostoc mesenteroides glucansucrase synthesis of flavonoid glucosides by acceptor reactions in aqueous-organic solventsAnne Bertrand
Laboratoire Biotechnologie Bioprocédés UMR CNRS 5504, UMR INRA 792, INSA DGBA, 135 Avenue de Rangueil, 31077 Toulouse Cedex 04, France
Carbohydr Res 341:855-63. 2006The enzymatic glucosylation of luteolin was attempted using two glucansucrases: the dextransucrase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides NRRL B-512F and the alternansucrase from L. mesenteroides NRRL B-23192...
- Enzymatic synthesis of two salicin analogues by reaction of salicyl alcohol with Bacillus macerans cyclomaltodextrin glucanyltransferase and Leuconostoc mesenteroides B-742CB dextransucraseSeung Heon Yoon
Laboratory of Carbohydrate Chemistry and Enzymology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Carbohydr Res 339:1517-29. 2004..the phenolic hydroxyl of salicyl alcohol as the major product, alpha-salicin; and (b) by the reaction of Leuconostoc mesenteroides B-742CB dextransucrase with sucrose and salicyl alcohol, followed by reactions with dextranase and ..
- A dynamic model that simulates the human upper gastrointestinal tract for the study of probioticsI Mainville
Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, 3600, Casavant Blv west, St Hyacinthe, QC, J2S 8E3, Canada
Int J Food Microbiol 99:287-96. 2005..fermented dairy products (Bifidobacterium longum, Lactobacillus kefir, Lactobacillus kefirgranum, and Leuconostoc mesenteroides) with their survival as determined by conventional methods...
- Molecular characterization of DSR-E, an alpha-1,2 linkage-synthesizing dextransucrase with two catalytic domainsSophie Bozonnet
Centre de Bioingenierie Gilbert Durand, UMR CNRS 5504, UMR INRA 792, DGBA INSA, 31077 Toulouse Cedex 04, France
J Bacteriol 184:5753-61. 2002A novel Leuconostoc mesenteroides NRRL B-1299 dextransucrase gene, dsrE, was isolated, sequenced, and cloned in Escherichia coli, and the recombinant enzyme was shown to be an original glucansucrase which catalyses the synthesis of alpha-..
- Evaluation of lactic acid bacteria and yeast diversity in traditional white pickled and fresh soft cheeses from the mountain regions of Serbia and lowland regions of CroatiaNatasa Golic
Institute of Molecular Genetics and Genetic Engineering, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
Int J Food Microbiol 166:294-300. 2013..LAB species in white pickled (BG) cheeses were Lactococcus lactis, Lactobacillus plantarum, and Leuconostoc mesenteroides, while in fresh soft (ZG) cheeses the most dominant LAB species were L...
- Purification of alternanase by affinity chromatographyJeffrey A Ahlgren
Fermentation Biotechnology Research Unit, National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research, Agricultural Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture, 1815 N University Street, Peoria, IL 61604 3999, USA
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 30:114-7. 2003..NRRL B-21195, hydrolyzes alternan, a polysaccharide produced by certain strains of Leuconostoc mesenteroides that consists of glucose linked by alternating alpha(1-->6), alpha(1-->3) linkages...
- Dextransucrase mutants of Leuconostoc mesenteroides BI-08 strainIlia Iliev
Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, Plovdiv University, 24, Tzar Assen, Str, Plovdiv 4000, Bulgaria
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 68:305-8. 2003We have isolated mutants constitutive for dextransucrase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides--BI-08 using ethyl methane sulfonate. The mutants produced mainly extracellular dexrtansucrase on glucose media with higher activity (3...
- Differences in mesentericin secretion systems from two Leuconostoc strainsWilly Aucher
Laboratoire de Microbiologie Fondamentale et Appliquée, EA 2224, IBMIG, 40 Avenue du Recteur Pineau, 86022 Poitiers, France
FEMS Microbiol Lett 232:15-22. 2004b>Leuconostoc mesenteroides Y105 and L. mesenteroides FR52 produce both mesentericin Y105 and B105, in equal amounts. The mesentericin operons of L...
- [Department of Biochemistry of Microorganisms--start of the path (1951-1973)]I Ia Zakharova
Institute of Microbiology and Virology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 154 Zabolotny St, Kyiv, 03143, Ukraine
Mikrobiol Z 65:104-11. 2003..The research of saccharose transformation into dextran Leuconostoc mesenteroides, when production solutions become slingy at sugar-refinaries, was one of the first most significant ..
- Molecular characterization and expression analysis of the dextransucrase DsrD of Leuconostoc mesenteroides Lcc4 in homologous and heterologous Lactococcus lactis culturesHeike Neubauer
Nestle Research Centre, Nestec Ltd, Vers chez les Blanc, PO Box 44, CH 1000 Lausanne 26, Switzerland
Microbiology 149:973-82. 2003The gene encoding the dextransucrase DsrD from the industrial strain Leuconostoc mesenteroides Lcc4 was isolated by PCR using degenerate primers recognizing conserved regions present in other dextransucrase-encoding genes from ..
- Characterization of mesentericin ST99, a bacteriocin produced by Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. dextranicum ST99 isolated from bozaSvetoslav D Todorov
Department of Microbiology, University of Stellenbosch, 7600, Stellenbosch, South Africa
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 31:323-9. 2004..The cell-free supernatant of one of these strains, classified as Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp...
- Taxonomic and molecular characterization of lactic acid bacteria and yeasts in nunu, a Ghanaian fermented milk productFortune Akabanda
Department of Nutrition and Food Science, University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana
Food Microbiol 34:277-83. 2013..fermentum was the dominant LAB throughout the fermentations with Lactobacillus plantarum and Leuconostoc mesenteroides playing prominent roles during the first 6-8 h of fermentation as well...
- PCR detection of enzyme-encoding genes in Leuconostoc mesenteroides strains of wine originPhillip Senzo Mtshali
Institute for Wine Biotechnology, Stellenbosch University, Private Bag X1, Matieland, 7602, South Africa
World J Microbiol Biotechnol 28:1443-9. 2012..of lactic acid bacteria originating from South African grape and wine samples were identified as Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. mesenteroides through the taxonomic analysis of their 16S rDNA gene sequences...
- Characterization of the major dehydrogenase related to d-lactic acid synthesis in Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. mesenteroides ATCC 8293Ling Li
Department of Food Science and Technology, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju 361 763, Republic of Korea
Enzyme Microb Technol 51:274-9. 2012b>Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. mesenteroides ATCC 8293 is a lactic acid bacterium that converts pyruvate mainly to d-(-)-lactic acid by using d-(-)-lactate dehydrogenase (ldhD)...
- Inhibitory effects of Leuconostoc mesenteroides 1RM3 isolated from narezushi, a fermented fish with rice, on Listeria monocytogenes infection to Caco-2 cells and A/J miceShinsuke Nakamura
Department of Food Science and Technology, Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, Konan, Tokyo 108 8477, Japan
Anaerobe 18:19-24. 2012..we selected five acid and bile resistant isolates (four were Lactobacillus plantarum and one was Leuconostoc mesenteroides). Among the five isolates, Ln. mesenteroides (Lnm-1RM3) showed the highest inhibition against L...
- Immobilization of dextransucrase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides NRRL B-512F on Eupergit C supportsAranzazu Gomez De Segura
Departamento de Biocatálisis and Departamento de Ingeniería de Procesos Catalíticos, Instituto de Catalisis, CSIC, Cantoblanco, 28049 Madrid, Spain
Biotechnol Prog 20:1414-20. 2004Dextransucrase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides B-512F was immobilized on epoxy-activated acrylic polymers with different textural properties (Eupergit C and Eupergit C 250L)...
- Proteolytic modification of Leuconostoc mesenteroides B-512F dextransucraseMartha Argüello-Morales
Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Apdo Postal 510 3, 62250, Morelos, Cuernavaca, Mexico
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 87:131-41. 2005Multiple active lower molecular weight forms from Leuconostoc mesenteroides B512F dextransucrase have been reported. It has been suggested that they arise from proteolytic processing of a 170 kDa precursor...
- Combination of culture-dependent and culture-independent molecular methods for the determination of lactic microbiota in sucukZ Kesmen
Erciyes University, Faculty of Engineering, Food Engineering Department, Kayseri, Turkey
Int J Food Microbiol 153:428-35. 2012..plantarum, Leuconostoc mesenteroides and Leuconostoc citreum were identified only by using the culture-dependent method...
- Continuous Production of Dextran from Immobilized Cells of Leuconostoc mesenteroides KIBGE HA1 Using Acrylamide as a SupportShah Ali Ul Qader
The Karachi Institute of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering KIBGE, University of Karachi, Karachi, 75270 Pakistan
Indian J Microbiol 51:279-82. 2011..Molecular mass distribution of dextran from free cells indicate that it is identical to that of blue dextran while the molecular mass of dextran from immobilized cells is lower than that of free cells...
- Synthesis and characterization of a potential prebiotic trisaccharide from cheese whey permeate and sucrose by Leuconostoc mesenteroides dextransucraseMarina Díez-Municio
Dpto Bioactividad y Análisis de Alimentos, Instituto de Investigacion en Ciencias de la Alimentacion, CIAL CSIC UAM, CEI UAM CSIC, C Nicolás Cabrera 9, 28049 Madrid, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 60:1945-53. 2012..derived from sucrose:lactose and sucrose:cheese whey permeate mixtures by using a Leuconostoc mesenteroides B-512F dextransucrase...
- Antimicrobial activity of two techniques for arm skin disinfection of blood donors in BrazilM S Celere
Regional Blood Center of Ribeirão Preto, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Transfus Med 22:116-21. 2012....
- Preservation of pears in water in the presence of Sinapis arvensis seeds: a Greek traditionEleni Papatsaroucha
Laboratory of Food Engineering and Processing, Faculty of Agriculture, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Int J Food Microbiol 159:254-62. 2012..All the 49 LAB isolates from one fermentation experiment were identified as Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp...
- Novel oligosaccharides synthesized from sucrose donor and cellobiose acceptor by alternansucraseM A Argüello Morales
Department de Génie Biochimique et Alimentaire, Centre de Bioingénierie, Gilbert Durand, UMR CNRS 5504, UMR INRA 792, INSA, Toulouse, France
Carbohydr Res 331:403-11. 2001Cellobiose was tested as acceptor in the reaction catalyzed by alternansucrase (EC 18.104.22.168) from Leuconostoc mesenteroides NRRL B-23192. The oligosaccharides synthesized were compared to those obtained with dextransucrase from L...
- Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. suionicum subsp. novChun Tao Gu
Key laboratory of Dairy Science, Ministry of Education, Northeast Agricultural University, Harbin 150030, PR China
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 62:1548-51. 2012..The two strains were closely related to the type strains of the three defined subspecies of Leuconostoc mesenteroides, showing 99.7-99.9% 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity, 99...
- Species diversity, community dynamics, and metabolite kinetics of spontaneous leek fermentationsD Wouters
Research Group of Industrial Microbiology and Food Biotechnology, Department of Bioengineering Sciences, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Pleinlaan 2, B 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Food Microbiol 33:185-96. 2013..Enterobacteriaceae, Pseudomonadaceae, and yeasts disappeared after one week of fermentation. Leuconostoc mesenteroides, Lactobacillus sakei, and Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus brevis, and Lactobacillus parabrevis ..
- In situ proton NMR study of acetyl and formyl group migration in mono-O-acyl D-glucoseLothar Brecker
University of Vienna, Department of Organic Chemistry, Wahringer Strasse 38, A 1090 Wien, Austria
Magn Reson Chem 47:328-32. 2009..to formate and acetate, which is catalyzed by the Glu-237 --> Gln mutant of Leuconostoc mesenteroides sucrose phosphorylase...
- Characterization of the bacterial spoilage flora in marinated pork productsB C Schirmer
Matforsk AS, Nofima Food, As, Norway
J Appl Microbiol 106:2106-16. 2009..To investigate the microbiota in marinated, vacuum-packed pork and to characterize isolated bacteria with regard to their spoilage potential...
- Aromatic interactions at the catalytic subsite of sucrose phosphorylase: their roles in enzymatic glucosyl transfer probed with Phe52→Ala and Phe52→Asn mutantsPatricia Wildberger
Institute of Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering, Graz University of Technology, Graz, Austria
FEBS Lett 585:499-504. 2011Mutants of Leuconostoc mesenteroides sucrose phosphorylase having active-site Phe(52) replaced by Ala (F52A) or Asn (F52N) were characterized by free energy profile analysis for catalytic glucosyl transfer from sucrose to phosphate...
- Induction of Th1 cytokines by Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. mesenteroides (KCTC 3100) under Th2-type conditions and the requirement of NF-kappaB and p38/JNKHee Kang
Department of East West Medical Science, Graduate School of East West Medical Science, Kyunghee University, Yongin, South Korea
Cytokine 46:283-9. 2009b>Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. mesenteroides (LMM) KCTC 3100, is one of the prominent species in the fermentation of kimchi, a traditional Korean food...
- Novel multiplex PCR for the detection of lactic acid bacteria during kimchi fermentationKye Man Cho
Research Institute of Agriculture and Life Science, Gyeongsang National University, Chinju 660 701, Republic of Korea
Mol Cell Probes 23:90-4. 2009..The LAB profile during kimchi fermentation varied with pH and acidity. Leuconostoc mesenteroides was observed during early fermentation (pH 5.64-4.27 and acidity 0.48-0...
- Assessment of cell surface properties and adhesion potential of selected probiotic strainsH Xu
Division of Biomaterials Engineering, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Gangwon, Korea
Lett Appl Microbiol 49:434-42. 2009..To evaluate the physicochemical cell surface and adhesive properties of selected probiotic strains for human use...
- Synthesis of dextrans with controlled amounts of alpha-1,2 linkages using the transglucosidase GBD-CD2Yoann Brison
Universite de Toulouse, INSA, UPS, INP LISBP, F 31077, Toulouse, France
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 86:545-54. 2010GBD-CD2 is an alpha-1,2 transglucosidase engineered from DSR-E, a glucansucrase naturally produced by Leuconostoc mesenteroides NRRL B-1299...
- Purification, amino acid sequence and characterization of the class IIa bacteriocin weissellin A, produced by Weissella paramesenteroides DXMaria Papagianni
Department of Hygiene and Technology of Food of Animal Origin, School of Veterinary Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki 54006, Greece
Bioresour Technol 102:6730-4. 2011..The bacteriocin shares 68% similarity with leucocin C from Leuconostoc mesenteroides. Computational analyses predict that the bacteriocin is a hydrophobic molecule with a beta-sheet type ..
- Corrosion protection of low-carbon steel using exopolysaccharide coatings from Leuconostoc mesenteroidesVictoria L Finkenstadt
Plant Polymer Research, National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research, Agricultural Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture, 1815 North University Street, Peoria, IL 61604, USA
Biotechnol Lett 33:1093-100. 2011Corrosion of metals is a serious and challenging problem faced worldwide by industry. Purified Leuconostoc mesenteroides exopolysaccharide (EPS) coatings, cast from aqueous solution, inhibited the corrosion of low-carbon steel as ..
- Predominant genera of fecal microbiota in children with atopic dermatitis are not altered by intake of probiotic bacteria Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM and Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis Bi-07Nadja Larsen
Department of Food Science, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 75:482-96. 2011..group was identified as Lactobacillus gasseri, Lactobacillus fermentum, Lactobacillus oris, Leuconostoc mesenteroides, while the bifidobacterial community included Bifidobacterium adolescentis, Bifidobacterium bifidum, ..
- Lactic acid bacteria fermentation of human milk oligosaccharide components, human milk oligosaccharides and galactooligosaccharidesClarissa Schwab
Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
FEMS Microbiol Lett 315:141-8. 2011..Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus fermentum, Lactobacillus reuteri, Streptococcus thermophilus and Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. cremoris, to digest HMO components, defined HMOs, and GOSs...
- Biosynthesis of dextrans with different molecular weights by selecting the concentration of Leuconostoc mesenteroides B-512FMC dextransucrase, the sucrose concentration, and the temperatureDaniel J Falconer
Laboratory of Carbohydrate Chemistry and Enzymology, Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics, and Molecular Biology, 4252 Molecular Biology Building, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
Carbohydr Res 346:280-4. 2011b>Leuconostoc mesenteroides B-512FMC dextransucrase was found to synthesize dextrans of varying molecular weights by selecting the concentrations of dextransucrase and sucrose, as well as the temperature...
- Diversity of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium in feces of herbivores, omnivores and carnivoresAkihito Endo
Department of Microbiology, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
Anaerobe 16:590-6. 2010..brevis, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus parabuchneri, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus sakei, Leuconostoc mesenteroides and Leuconostoc pseudomesenteroides, usually present in raw plant material, were present in omnivores ..
- Control of dongchimi fermentation with chitosan deacetylated by alkali treatment to prevent over-ripeningWoojin Lee
Dept of Food Science and Technology, Sejong Univ, 98 Gunja Dong, Gwangjin gu, Seoul 143 747, Korea
J Food Sci 75:M308-16. 2010..Antimicrobial activity of chitosan against lactic acid bacteria such as Leuconostoc mesenteroides and Lactobacillus plantarum was assayed at 10, 20, 30, and 40 mg/L concentration in the medium...
- Enzymatic synthesis of L-DOPA alpha-glycosides by reaction with sucrose catalyzed by four different glucansucrases from four strains of Leuconostoc mesenteroidesSeung Heon Yoon
Laboratory of Carbohydrate Chemistry and Enzymology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Carbohydr Res 345:1730-5. 2010..were synthesized by reaction of L-DOPA with sucrose, catalyzed by four different glucansucrases from Leuconostoc mesenteroides B-512FMC, B-742CB, B-1299A, and B-1355C...
- Evaluation of natural antimicrobials on typical meat spoilage bacteria in vitro and in vacuum-packed pork meatBjørn Christian Schirmer
Nofima Mat AS, Osloveien 1, N 1430 As, Norway
J Food Sci 75:M98-M102. 2010..acid, ascorbic acid, a rosemary extract, and a grapefruit seed extract against Lactobacillus algidus, Leuconostoc mesenteroides, Leuconostoc carnosum, Carnobacterium maltaromaticum, Carnobacterium divergens, Brochothrix ..
- Ethanol synthesis from glycerol by Escherichia coli redox mutants expressing adhE from Leuconostoc mesenteroidesP I Nikel
Instituto de Investigaciones Biotecnologicas, Universidad Nacional de San Martin, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Appl Microbiol 109:492-504. 2010..Escherichia coli arcA and creC mutants expressing a bifunctional alcohol-acetaldehyde dehydrogenase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides growing on glycerol under oxygen-restricted conditions...
- Sequence analysis of Leuconostoc mesenteroides bacteriophage Phi1-A4 isolated from an industrial vegetable fermentationZ Lu
Kennesaw State University, 1000 Chastain Road, Kennesaw, GA 30144, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:1955-66. 2010Vegetable fermentations rely on the proper succession of a variety of lactic acid bacteria (LAB). Leuconostoc mesenteroides initiates fermentation. As fermentation proceeds, L...
- Survival of Escherichia coli O157:H7 in cucumber fermentation brinesFrederick Breidt
USDA ARS, SAA Food Science Research Unit, 322 Schaub Hall, Box 7624, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7624, USA
J Food Sci 76:M198-203. 2011..cucumber juice medium that had been previously fermented with Lactobacillus plantarum or Leuconostoc mesenteroides (pH 3...
- ACETOBACTER XYLINUM GLUCOSE 6-PHOSPHATE DEHYDROGENASESH Levy; Fiscal Year: 1991..A few bacterial G6PDs, like the one from Leuconostoc mesenteroides can utilize either NADP or NAD, each coenzyme being required for different physiological purposes...
- D AMINOACID LIGASES AND BACTERIAL VANCOMYCIN RESISTANCEJames Knox; Fiscal Year: 2000..Four specific aims are proposed: (1) determine x-ray structure of the Leuconostoc mesenteroides D-Ala:D-Lactate ligase, (2) determine the structure of F261Y mutant which exhibits a reversal of ..
- Global Mechanisms of Bacteriocin Resistance in ListeriaKurt Miller; Fiscal Year: 2007..The research ultimately will lead to better methods for prevention of food contamination and disease caused by the deadly pathogen, Listeria monocytogenes. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..