Alias: Bacillus thermoglucosidasius, Bacillus thermoglucosidasius Suzuki et al. 1984, Geobacillus thermoglucosidasius (Suzuki et al. 1984) Nazina et al. 2001, Bacillus thermoglucosadicus, 'Geobacillus thermoglucosidans', Geobacillus thermoglucosidans
- Zhu L, Li M, Guo S, Wang W. Draft Genome Sequence of a Thermophilic Desulfurization Bacterium, Geobacillus thermoglucosidasius Strain W-2. Genome Announc. 2016;4: pubmed publisherb>Geobacillus thermoglucosidasius strain W-2 is a thermophilic bacterium isolated from a deep-subsurface oil reservoir in northern China, which is capable of degrading organosulfur compounds. Here, we report the draft genome sequence of G...
- Minton N, Ehsaan M, Humphreys C, Little G, Baker J, Henstra A, et al. A roadmap for gene system development in Clostridium. Anaerobe. 2016;41:104-112 pubmed publisher..acetobutylicum, Clostridium beijerinckii, Clostridium botulinum, Clostridium perfringens, Clostridium sporogenes, Clostridium pasteurianum, Clostridium ljungdahlii, Clostridium autoethanogenum and even Geobacillus thermoglucosidasius.
- Murai R, Yoshida N. Magnesium-Calcite Crystal Formation Mediated by the Thermophilic Bacterium Geobacillus thermoglucosidasius Requires Calcium and Endospores. Curr Microbiol. 2016;73:696-703 pubmed publisherFresh Geobacillus thermoglucosidasius cells grown on soybean-casein digest nutrient agar were inoculated as a parent colony 1 cm in diameter on the surface of an agar gel containing acetate and calcium ions (calcite-promoting hydrogel) ..
- Sheng L, Zhang Y, Minton N. Complete Genome Sequence of Geobacillus thermoglucosidasius NCIMB 11955, the Progenitor of a Bioethanol Production Strain. Genome Announc. 2016;4: pubmed publisherThe industrially important thermophile Geobacillus thermoglucosidasius has the potential to produce chemicals and fuels from biomass-derived sugar feedstocks...
- Bacon L, Hamley Bennett C, Danson M, Leak D. Development of an efficient technique for gene deletion and allelic exchange in Geobacillus spp. Microb Cell Fact. 2017;16:58 pubmed publisherb>Geobacillus thermoglucosidasius is a thermophilic, natural ethanol producer and a potential candidate for commercial bioethanol production. Previously, G...
- Ban X, Dhoble A, Li C, Zhang Y, Gu Z, Cheng L, et al. Potassium and sodium ions enhance the activity and thermostability of 1,4-Î±-glucan branching enzyme from Geobacillus thermoglucosidasius in the presence of glycerol. Int J Biol Macromol. 2017;102:712-717 pubmed publisher..This provides a useful perspective for understanding the strategy of thermophilic adaptation used by proteins with plenty of charged residues. ..
- Zeigler D. Application of a recN sequence similarity analysis to the identification of species within the bacterial genus Geobacillus. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2005;55:1171-9 pubmed publisher..Analysis of recN sequences should prove a powerful tool for assigning strains to species within Geobacillus, and perhaps within other genera as well...
- Watanabe K, Fujiwara H, Inui K, Suzuki Y. Oligo-1,6-glucosidase from a thermophile, Bacillus thermoglucosidasius KP1006, was efficiently produced by combinatorial expression of GroEL in Escherichia coli. Biotechnol Appl Biochem. 2002;35:35-43 pubmedTo improve the production of oligo-1,6-glucosidase from the obligately thermophilic Bacillus thermoglucosidasius KP1006 in Escherichia coli, the combined expression of oligo-1,6-glucosidase with various chaperone proteins of Hsp (heat-..
- Reeve B, Martínez Klimova E, De Jonghe J, Leak D, Ellis T. The Geobacillus Plasmid Set: A Modular Toolkit for Thermophile Engineering. ACS Synth Biol. 2016;5:1342-1347 pubmedb>Geobacillus thermoglucosidasius is a Gram-positive thermophile of industrial interest that exhibits rapid growth and can utilize a variety of plant-derived feedstocks...
- Zhou J, Wu K, Rao C. Evolutionary engineering of Geobacillus thermoglucosidasius for improved ethanol production. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2016;113:2156-67 pubmed publisher..In this work, we used evolutionary engineering to increase ethanol production in the thermophile Geobacillus thermoglucosidasius. This bacterium is a facultative anaerobe, grows at an optimal temperature of 60°C, and can ferment ..