Alias: Bacillus brevis group, Brevibacillus Shida et al. 1996, rRNA group 4 bacilli
Publications140 found, 100 shown here
- Study of cellulases from a newly isolated thermophilic and cellulolytic Brevibacillus sp. strain JXLYanna Liang
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, 1230 Lincoln Dr, Carbondale, IL 62901, USA
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 36:961-70. 2009A potentially novel aerobic, thermophilic, and cellulolytic bacterium designated as Brevibacillus sp. strain JXL was isolated from swine waste...
- Effects of bovine milk lactoperoxidase system on some bacteriaM Cankaya
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, Ataturk University, 25240, Erzurum, Turkey
Prikl Biokhim Mikrobiol 46:64-8. 2010..Bovine LPO showed high antibacterial activity in 100 mM thiocyanate-100 mM H2O2 medium for some bacteria (Brevibacillus centrosaurus, B. choshinensis, B...
- Feeding the BT cationic peptides to chickens at hatch reduces cecal colonization by Salmonella enterica serovar Enteritidis and primes innate immune cell functional activityMichael H Kogut
Southern Plains Agricultural Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, College Station, Texas 77845, USA
Foodborne Pathog Dis 7:23-30. 2010..BT) cationic peptides are a group of related cationic peptides produced by a Gram-positive soil bacterium, Brevibacillus texasporus...
- [Transformation and expression of specific insecticide gene Bt cry3A in resident endogenetic bacteria isolated from Apriona germari (Hope) larvae intestines]Wang Zhongkang
Bioengineering College of Chongqing University, Chongqing Engineering and Technology Center for Fungal Insecticides, Key Lab of Genetic Function and Regulation, Chongqing 400030, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 48:1168-74. 2008....
- Characterization of endo-1,3-1,4-β-glucanases in GH family 12 from Magnaporthe oryzaeTakumi Takeda
Iwate Biotechnology Research Center, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 88:1113-23. 2010..oryzae and Brevibacillus choshinensis hydrolyzed specifically 1,3-1,4-β-glucans, such as barley β-glucan and lichenan...
- Analysis of the composition of bacterial communities in oil reservoirs from a southern offshore Brazilian basinLara D Sette
Microbial Resources Division, CPQBA UNICAMP, CP 6171, Campinas, SP, CEP 13081 970, Brazil
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 91:253-66. 2007..isolates showing high 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity with Achromobacter xylosoxidans, Bacillus subtilis, Brevibacillus sp., Dietzia sp. and Methylobacterium sp...
- Characterization of an endophytic bacterial community associated with Eucalyptus sppR E L Procópio
Departamento de Genetica, Escola Superior de Agricultura Luiz de Queiroz, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Piracicaba, SP, Brasil
Genet Mol Res 8:1408-22. 2009..identified by 16S rDNA sequencing as Erwinia/Pantoea (45%), Agrobacterium sp (21%), Curtobacterium sp (9%), Brevibacillus sp (8%), Pseudomonas sp (8%), Acinetobacter sp (4%), Burkholderia cepacia (2.6%), and Lactococcus lactis (2...
- Diversity analysis of antagonists from rice-associated bacteria and their application in biocontrol of rice diseasesJ h Yang
Department of Plant Pathology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, China
J Appl Microbiol 104:91-104. 2008..To understand the diversity, taxonomy and antagonistic potential of rice-associated bacteria, and to discover new bacteria for biocontrol of rice foliar pathogens...
- Brevibacillus laterosporus MTCC 2298: a potential azo dye degraderS S Gomare
Department of Biochemistry, Shivaji University, Kolhapur, India
J Appl Microbiol 106:993-1004. 2009To evaluate the potential of Brevibacillus laterosporus MTCC 2298 for the decolourization of different textile azo dyes including methyl red, mechanism of biotransformation and the toxicity of products.
- [Construction of the shuttle expression-secretion vector with the promoters and signal peptide-encoding sequence from Brevibacillus brevis]Xiao zhou Zhang
Key Lab of Microbiological Engineering Agricultural Environment, Ministry of Agriculture, College of Life Science, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 46:526-30. 2006..tandem promoters and signal peptide-encoding sequence of cell wall protein encoding gene was amplified from Brevibacillus brevis B15 total DNA, the PCR fragment was cloned, sequenced and analyzed, then was submitted to GenBank with ..
- Production of a recombinant cholera toxin B subunit-insulin B chain peptide hybrid protein by Brevibacillus choshinensis expression system as a nasal vaccine against autoimmune diabetesYoshikazu Yuki
Division of Mucosal Immunology, The Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639 Japan
Biotechnol Bioeng 92:803-9. 2005..autoantigen T cell epitope of insulin B chain peptide 9-23 (C19S) at levels up to 200 mg/L culture media in Brevibacillus choshinensis secretion-expression system...
- Isolation of an ethanol-tolerant endospore-forming Gram-negative Brevibacillus sp. as a covert contaminant in grape tissue culturesP Thomas
Division of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Horticultural Research, Bangalore, India
J Appl Microbiol 101:764-74. 2006..To characterize the alcohol-surviving bacterial isolate ARBG1 from in vitro grapes (Vitis vinifera)...
- [Analysis of bacterial colonization associated with Gigaspora margarita spores by green fluorescence protein (GFP) marked technology]Liangkun Long
Guangdong Province Institute of Microbiology, Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Microbial Culture Collection and Application, Guangdong Provincial Open Laboratory of Microbial New Application Technique, Guangzhou 510070, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 49:617-23. 2009..We analyzed bacterial colonization associated with spores of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (AMF) Gigaspora margarita, to indicate their ecological niche, and to provide information for further researches on their populations or functions...
- Description of heterotrophic bacteria occurring in paper mills and paper productsM L Suihko
VTT Biotechnology, Espoo, Finland
J Appl Microbiol 97:1228-35. 2004..To isolate aerobic mesophilic bacilli and thermophilic bacteria from different paper mill samples and to evaluate their potential harmfulness...
- Screening for microbial markers in Miocene sediment exposed during open-cast brown coal miningDana Elhottová
Institute of Soil Biology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Na Sadkach 7, 370 05, Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 89:459-63. 2006..of genera Nocardiopsis, Arthrobacter, Micrococcus, Kocuria, Rothia, Clavibacter, Bacillus, Paenibacillus, Brevibacillus, Microbacterium, Acinetobacter and Pseudomonas...
- Evaluation of the VITEK2 BCL card for identification of Bacillus species and other aerobic endosporeformersG Halket
Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, UK
Lett Appl Microbiol 50:120-6. 2010..To evaluate the performance of the VITEK2 Bacillus identification card (BCL) for the identification of aerobic endospore-forming bacteria, using fresh isolates and reference strains...
- Characterization and phylogenetic analysis of biodemulsifier-producing bacteriaXiang Feng Huang
College of Environmental Science and Engineering, State Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resource Reuse, Tongji University, Shanghai 20092, China
Bioresour Technol 101:317-23. 2010..tests and 16S rDNA analysis, these isolates were classified into eleven genera, in which six genera (Brevibacillus sp., Dietzia sp., Ochrobactrum sp., Pusillimonas sp., Sphingopyxis sp. and Achromobacter sp...
- Composition of bacterial communities associated with natural and laboratory populations of Asobara tabida infected with WolbachiaKarima Zouache
UMR CNRS Ecologie Microbienne, Universite Lyon, Villeurbanne, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:3755-64. 2009..these were several cultured and uncultured representatives of the genera Acetobacter, Acidomonas, Bacillus, Brevibacillus, Duganella, Herbaspirillum, Pseudomonas, Staphylococcus, and Streptococcus...
- Mosquitocidal bacterial toxins: diversity, mode of action and resistance phenomenaJ F Charles
Bactéries et Champignons Entomopathogènes, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris, France
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 95:201-6. 2000..sphaericus strains, as well as isolates of Brevibacillus laterosporus and Clostridium bifermentans...
- Species diversity and substrate utilization patterns of thermophilic bacterial communities in hot aerobic poultry and cattle manure compostsChao Min Wang
Graduate Institute of Veterinary Microbiology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 40227, Taiwan, Republic of China
Microb Ecol 54:1-9. 2007..atrophaeus, Geobacillus stearothermophilus, G. thermodenitrificans, Brevibacillus thermoruber, Ureibacillus terrenus, U. thermosphaericus, and Paenibacillus cookii. In this study, B...
- Enhanced survival of shrimp, Penaeus (Marsupenaeus) japonicus from white spot syndrome disease after oral administration of recombinant VP28 expressed in Brevibacillus brevisChristopher Marlowe A Caipang
Laboratory of Genome Science, Graduate School of Marine Science and Technology, Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, Konan, Minato, Tokyo, Japan
Fish Shellfish Immunol 25:315-20. 2008..of purified recombinant VP28, an envelope protein of WSSV, expressed in a Gram-positive bacterium, Brevibacillus brevis, in providing protection in shrimp, Penaeus japonicus, upon challenge with WSSV...
- [Multiplex-PCR approach to identify Bacillus species applied in microbial fertilizers]Fengming Cao
Institute of Agricultural Resources and Regional Planning, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing 10081, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 48:651-6. 2008..subtilis, B. amyloliquefaciens, B. licheniformis, and B. pumilus, a rapid and accurate distinguishing method is essential for the identification of the target strains to ensure the quality and safety of microbial fertilizers...
- Enzymatic degradation of fibroin fiber by a fibroinolytic enzyme of Brevibacillus thermoruber YAS-1Yasunori Suzuki
Division of Applied Life Sciences, Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, Kyoto Prefectural University, Shimogamo, Sakyo, Kyoto 606 8522, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 108:211-5. 2009..b>Brevibacillus thermoruber YAS-1, a thermophile which produces a proteinase with high action on fibroin fiber, was screened ..
- Molecular characterization of a novel family-46 chitosanase from Pseudomonas sp. A-01Akikazu Ando
Graduate School of Science and Technology, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 72:2074-81. 2008..Cto1 was successfully overproduced and was secreted by a Brevibacillus choshinensis transformant carrying the cto1 gene on expression plasmid vector pNCMO2...
- Paenibacillus jamilae sp. nov., an exopolysaccharide-producing bacterium able to grow in olive-mill wastewaterM Aguilera
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Granada, Spain
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 51:1687-92. 2001..sequence analysis of 16S rDNA with different reference species from the genera Bacillus, Paenibacillus, Brevibacillus, Aneurinibacillus, Alicyclobacillus, Halobacillus, Virgibacillus, Amphibacillus, Coprobacillus and ..
- Vinyl acetate degradation by Brevibacillus agri isolated from a slightly aerated methanogenic reactorI Lara-Mayorga
Biotechnology Department, Universidad Autnoma Metropolitana Iztapalapa, D F, Mexico
Environ Technol 31:1-6. 2010..024 h(-1). The phylogenetical analysis showed that the aerobic bacterium was identified as Brevibacillus agri, with 99.3% similarity...
- Isolation and characterization of a bluegill-degrading microorganism, and analysis of the root hair-promoting effect of the degraded productsSirilak Sanpa
Department of Bioscience and Technology, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Ritsumeikan University, Shiga, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 70:340-7. 2006Bluegill-degrading bacteria were isolated from various environmental sources. Brevibacillus sp...
- Stable coexistence of five bacterial strains as a cellulose-degrading communitySouichiro Kato
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:7099-106. 2005..strain FG4, Pseudoxanthomonas sp. strain M1-3, Brevibacillus sp. strain M1-5, and Bordetella sp...
- Flow-injection determination of L-histidine with an immobilized histidine oxidase from Brevibacillus borstelensis KAIT-B-022 and chemiluminescence detectionNobutoshi Kiba
Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Engineering, University of Yamanashi, Takeda 4 3 11, Kofu 400 8511, Japan
Anal Sci 22:95-8. 2006..Histidine oxidase (EC 1.4.3.-) from Brevibacillus borstelensis KAIT-B-022 was immobilized on tresylated poly(vinyl alcohol) beads and packed into a stainless-..
- Structure and biosynthesis of the BT peptide antibiotic from Brevibacillus texasporusXiaofeng Wu
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Genetics, 428 Reynolds Medical Building, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, College Station, TX 77843 1114, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:8519-30. 2005We isolated a novel gram-positive bacterium, Brevibacillus texasporus, that produces an antibiotic, BT. BT is a group of related peptides that are produced by B. texasporus cells in response to nutrient limitation...
- 15N isotope labeling of a protein secreted by Brevibacillus choshinensis for NMR studyMichikazu Tanio
Mitsubishi Kagaku Institute of Life Sciences, Machida, Tokyo 194 8511, Japan
Anal Biochem 373:164-6. 2008
- Cloning, expression and deletion of the cuticle-degrading protease BLG4 from nematophagous bacterium Brevibacillus laterosporus G4Baoyu Tian
Laboratory for Conservation and Utilization of Bioresources, Yunnan University, Kunming, 650091 Yunnan, People s Republic of China
Arch Microbiol 186:297-305. 2006b>Brevibacillus laterosporus G4, which was isolated from soil sample, kills free-living nematodes (Panagrellus redivius) and plant-parasite nematodes (Bursaphelenchus xylophilus) and degrades their cuticle in previous bioassay...
- Development of a group-specific PCR combined with ARDRA for the identification of Bacillus species of environmental significanceXi Yang Wu
Immunology and Microbiology, Elizabeth Macarthur Agriculture Institute, NSW DPI, PMB 8, Camden, NSW 2570, Australia
J Microbiol Methods 64:107-19. 2006..patterns to differentiate between 15 ATCC reference strains (10 Bacillus, 3 Paenibacillus and 2 Brevibacillus member species) as well as 3 misidentified Bacillus probiotic strains in a commercial collection...
- An extracellular protease from Brevibacillus laterosporus G4 without parasporal crystals can serve as a pathogenic factor in infection of nematodesXiaowei Huang
Key Laboratory for Conservation and Utilization of Bioresources, Yunnan University, 650091 Kunming, PR China
Res Microbiol 156:719-27. 2005b>Brevibacillus laterosporus is an aerobic spore-forming bacterium with the ability to produce canoe-shaped lamellar parasporal inclusions adjacent to spores. An isolate named G4 was identified as a B...
- Phylogenetic relationships between Bacillus species and related genera inferred from comparison of 3' end 16S rDNA and 5' end 16S-23S ITS nucleotide sequencesDong Xu
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Research Centre, 430 Gouin Blvd, St Jean sur Richelieu, Quebec, Canada J3B 3E6
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 53:695-704. 2003..These included 21 Bacillus, 9 Paenibacillus, 6 Brevibacillus, 2 Geobacillus, 1 Marinibacillus and 1 Virgibacillus species...
- Suppression of Meloidogyne javanica by antagonistic and plant growth-promoting rhizobacteriaBin Li
Institute of Biotechnology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 6:496-501. 2005..They were identified as Brevibacillus brevis or Bacillus subtilis by Biolog test and partial 16s rDNA sequence comparison...
- Protective mucosal immunity in aging is associated with functional CD4+ T cells in nasopharyngeal-associated lymphoreticular tissueYukari Hagiwara
Department of Oral Biology, Immunobiology Vaccine Center, University of Alabama, 845 19th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Immunol 170:1754-62. 2003..or with a nontoxic chimeric enterotoxin (mutant cholera toxin-A E112K/B subunit of native labile toxin) from Brevibacillus choshinensis...
- [The construction of shuttle vectors of Brevibacillus brevis-Escherichia coli]Qing Zhong Peng
Institute of Biotechnology, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing 100071, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 18:438-41. 2002..brevis 50, soluble and biologically active alpha-amylase was secreted directly into the culture medium. The expression level of alpha-amylase in the recombinant Br. brevis 50 was twice higher than that of the donor strain...
- Experimental investigation of microbiologically influenced corrosion of selected steels in sugarcane juice environmentSunil Bala Wesley
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad, India
World J Microbiol Biotechnol 29:2353-7. 2013..These were characterized as Brevibacillus parabrevis, Bacillus azotoformans, Paenibacillus lautus and Micrococcus sp...
- Functional domains of Brevibacillus thermoruber lon protease for oligomerization and DNA binding: role of N-terminal and sensor and substrate discrimination domainsAlan Yueh Luen Lee
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Academia Sinica, Taipei 115
J Biol Chem 279:34903-12. 2004..A thermostable Lon protease from Brevibacillus thermoruber WR-249 (Bt-Lon) has been cloned and characterized with an N-terminal domain, a central ATPase ..
- Cloning and expression of the ccdA-associated thiol-disulfide oxidoreductase (catA) gene from Brevibacillus choshinensis: stimulation of human epidermal growth factor productionRyoichi Tanaka
Applied and Molecular Microbiology, Faculty of Agriculture, Kagoshima University, 1 21 24 Korimoto, Kagoshima 890 0065, Japan
J Biotechnol 103:1-10. 2003b>Brevibacillus choshinensis (Bacillus brevis) is a protein-hyperproducing bacterium with a useful host-vector system for the production of recombinant proteins...
- Heterotrophic bacteria growing in association with Methylococcus capsulatus (Bath) in a single cell protein production processHarald Bothe
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 59:33-9. 2002..These bacteria have now been identified as a not yet described member of the Aneurinibacillus group, a Brevibacillus agri strain, and an acetate-oxidiser of the genus Ralstonia...
- [Analysis of microbial diversity of nitrifying bacteria by terminal restriction fragment length polymorphism]Weitie Lin
School of Bioscience and Bioengineering, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou 510006, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 26:483-8. 2010..According to the analysis by T_RFLP program, species including Brevibacillus brevis, Microbacterium lactium, Azoarcus indigens and Bordetella holmesii were the dominant bacteria in the ..
- [Isolation, biological properties, and spatial structure of an antibiotic loloatin A]S A Krachkovskiĭ
Shemyakin Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, ul Miklukho Maklaya 16 10, GSP Moscow, 117997 Russia
Bioorg Khim 28:298-302. 2002Peptide antibiotic with cyanolytic activity was isolated from the IGM52 strain of the Brevibacillus laterosporus Gram-positive spore-forming bacteria...
- Tostadin, a novel antibacterial peptide from an antagonistic microorganism Brevibacillus brevis XDHZhen Song
College of Life Science, Shandong Agricultural University, Taian, China
Bioresour Technol 111:504-6. 2012A novel small antibacterial peptide was obtained from the liquid culture of Brevibacillus brevis XDH, which is a broad-spectrum antagonistic bacterium isolated from the soil of Mountain Tai, China...
- Characterization of depth-related microbial communities in lake sediment by denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis of amplified 16S rRNA fragmentsXingqing Zhao
State Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resource Reuse, School of the Environment, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
J Environ Sci (China) 20:224-30. 2008..bands demonstrated that the major phylogenetic groups identified by DGGE belonged to Bacillus, Bacterium, Brevibacillus, Exiguobacterium, gamma-Proteobacterium, Acinetobacter sp. and some uncultured or unidentified bacteria...
- The N-terminal sequence after residue 247 plays an important role in structure and function of Lon protease from Brevibacillus thermoruber WR-249Jiun Ly Chir
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei, Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 382:762-5. 2009..Here we constructed randomly chosen N-terminal-truncated mutants of the Lon protease from Brevibacillus thermoruber WR-249 to elucidate the structure-function relationship of this domain...
- Oil phytoremediation potential of hypersaline coasts of the Arabian Gulf using rhizosphere technologyD M Al-Mailem
Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, Kuwait University, Kuwait
Bioresour Technol 101:5786-92. 2010..and Halococcus sp., the firmicute Brevibacillus borstenlensis, and the proteobacteria Pseudoalteromonas ruthenica and Halomonas sinaensis...
- Combination of culture-independent and culture-dependent molecular methods for the determination of bacterial community of iru, a fermented Parkia biglobosa seedsGbenga A Adewumi
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Science, University of Lagos Akoka, Lagos, Nigeria Microbial Resources Division, Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development, Takyelpat Institutional Area Imphal, Manipur, India Department of Food Science and Technology, College of Food Sciences, Bells University of Technology Ota, Nigeria
Front Microbiol 3:436. 2012..thuringiensis, S. saprophyticus, Tetragenococcus halophilus, Ureibacillus thermosphaericus, Brevibacillus parabrevis, Salinicoccus jeotgali, Brevibacterium sp. and uncultured bacteria clones...
- Crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of the α subdomain of Lon protease from Brevibacillus thermoruberYu Da Chen
Department of Agricultural Chemistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10617, Taiwan
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 69:899-901. 2013DNA-binding ability has previously been reported as a novel function for the thermostable Lon protease from Brevibacillus thermoruber WR-249 (Bt-Lon), and the α subdomain (amino acids 491-605) of Bt-Lon has been identified as being ..
- Abiotic and microbiotic factors controlling biofilm formation by thermophilic sporeformersYu Zhao
Top Institute Food and Nutrition, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 79:5652-60. 2013..Enrichments of fouling samples at 55°C showed the accumulation of predominantly Brevibacillus and Bacillus, whereas enrichments at 65°C led to the accumulation of Anoxybacillus and Geobacillus species...
- Quantification of endospore-forming firmicutes by quantitative PCR with the functional gene spo0AMatthieu Bueche
Laboratory of Microbiology, Institute of Biology, University of Neuchatel, Neuchatel, Switzerland
Appl Environ Microbiol 79:5302-12. 2013..obtained and evaluated with 16 pure cultures, including representatives of the genera Bacillus, Paenibacillus, Brevibacillus, Geobacillus, Alicyclobacillus, Sulfobacillus, Clostridium, and Desulfotomaculum, as well as with ..
- Extracellular production of riboflavin-binding protein, a potential bitter inhibitor, by Brevibacillus choshinensisKenji Maehashi
Department of Fermentation Science, Tokyo University of Agriculture, 1 1 1 Sakuragaoka, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 156 8502, Japan
Protein Expr Purif 71:85-90. 2010..We constructed a chicken RBP gene expression vector by inserting the RBP cDNA in pNCMO2, the Escherichia coli-Brevibacillus choshinensis shuttle vector. B. choshinensis HPD31 transformants produced 0...
- Enhanced stability of newly isolated trimeric l-methionine-N-carbamoylase from Brevibacillus reuszeri HSN1 by covalent immobilizationHemraj S Nandanwar
CSIR Institute of Microbial Technology, Sector 39 A, Chandigarh, India
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 60:305-15. 2013Newly isolated and partially purified trimeric l-methionine-N-carbamoylase from Brevibacillus reuszeri HSN1 was immobilized by covalent coupling to a well-known support material, Eupergit® C...
- Assessment of functional and genetic diversity of aerobic endospore forming Bacilli from rhizospheric soil of Phyllanthus amarus LSangeeta Kadyan
Department of Genetics, M D University, Rohtak 124001, Haryana, India
World J Microbiol Biotechnol 29:1597-610. 2013..e. Bacillus, Brevibacillus, Lysinibacillus, Paenibacillus, Terribacillus and Jeotgalibacillus...
- Purification and biochemical characterization of a highly thermostable bacteriocin isolated from Brevibacillus brevis strain GM100Mouloud Ghadbane
Laboratory of Applied Microbiology, Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Natural and Life Sciences, University Ferhat Abbas, Setif, Algeria
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 77:151-60. 2013..and identified as Brevibacillus brevis strain GM100...
- Performance of hydrophobic interaction ligands for human membrane-bound catechol-O-methyltransferase purificationFátima Milhano Santos
Centro de Investigacao em Ciencias da Saude, Universidade da Beira Interior, Covilha, Portugal
J Sep Sci 36:1693-702. 2013..butyl-, epoxy-, and octyl-Sepharose) in purification of recombinant human COMT (hMBCOMT) from crude Brevibacillus choshinensis cell lysates to develop a sustainable chromatographic process...
- Analysis of the bacterial diversity existing on animal hide and wool: development of a preliminary PCR-restriction fragment length polymorphism fingerprint database for identifying isolatesYu Chen
Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University, College of Life Science, Fuzhou, Fujian 350002, China
J AOAC Int 95:1750-4. 2012..The bacteria identified were Brevibacillus laterosporus, Leclercia adecarboxylata, Peptococcus niger, Bacillus circulans, Raoultella ornithinolytica, ..
- SR1--a small RNA with two remarkably conserved functionsMatthias Gimpel
AG Bakteriengenetik, Lehrstuhl für Mikrobiologie und Mikrobengenetik, Friedrich Schiller Universitat Jena, Philosophenweg 12, Jena D 07743, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 40:11659-72. 2012..A computer-based search identified 23 SR1 homologues in Bacillus, Geobacillus, Anoxybacillus and Brevibacillus species...
- Biochemical Characterization and 16S rRNA Sequencing of Few Lipase-Producing Thermophilic Bacteria from Taptapani Hot Water Spring, Orissa, IndiaSatpal S Bisht
Department of Biotechnology, Roland Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Orissa, Berhampur 760010, India
Biotechnol Res Int 2011:452710. 2011..5 U/mL and 3.5 U/mL, respectively. Strains AK-P1 and AK-P2 were identified as Acinetobacter sp. and Brevibacillus spp...
- Metabolic activity and phylogenetic diversity of reed (Phragmites australis) periphyton bacterial communities in a hungarian shallow soda lakeAndrea K Borsodi
Department of Microbiology, Eotvos Lorand University, Budapest, Hungary
Microb Ecol 53:612-20. 2007..Hydrogenophaga, and Rhodoferax), gamma-Proteobacteria (Psychrobacter and Shewanella), low G + C Gram-positives (Brevibacillus, Paenibacillus, and Exiguobacterium) and high G + C Gram-positives (Aureobacterium and Microbacterium).
- The structure of Clostridium difficile toxin A glucosyltransferase domain bound to Mn2+ and UDP provides insights into glucosyltransferase activity and product releaseNunzia D'Urzo
Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics, Siena, Italy
FEBS J 279:3085-97. 2012..The recombinant TcdA was expressed in Brevibacillus in the inactive apo form...
- Role of an extracellular neutral protease in infection against nematodes by Brevibacillus laterosporus strain G4Baoyu Tian
Laboratory for Conservation and Utilization of Bio Resources, Yunnan University, Kunming, Yunnan 650091, People s Republic of China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 74:372-80. 2007..A previous analysis using a strain with a deletion in an extracellular alkaline protease BLG4 gene from Brevibacillus laterosporus demonstrated that BLG4 was responsible for the majority of nematicidal activity by destroying ..
- [Diversity of antagonistic bacteria isolated from rhizosphere of several cash crops]Ying Ying Xu
Department of Microbiology, College of Life Science, Shandong Agricultural University, Tai an 271018, Shandong, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 23:511-8. 2012..0%. All the strains belonged to Bacillus, Paenibacillus, Brevibacillus, Pseudomonas and Alcaligenes, respectively...
- Differential catalytic action of Brevibacillus laterosporus on two dissimilar azo dyes Remazol red and Rubine GFLMayur B Kurade
Department of Biotechnology, Shivaji University, Kolhapur, India
J Basic Microbiol 53:136-46. 2013This comparative study disclosed the diverse catalytic activities of Brevibacillus laterosporus on two different azo dyes...
- Expression and purification of the Bacillus subtilis thioredoxin superfamily protein YkvVRyoichi Tanaka
Faculty of Agriculture, Kagoshima University, 1 21 24 Korimoto, Kagoshima 890 0065, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 68:1801-4. 2004..subtilis YkvV protein, an extracellular thioredoxin superfamily protein, was successfully expressed both in Brevibacillus choshinensis culture medium using an efficient promoter and the secretion signal of its surface layer protein, ..
- Reclassification of Brevibacillus brevis strains NCIMB 13288 and DSM 6472 (=NRRL NRS-887) as Aneurinibacillus danicus sp. nov. and Brevibacillus limnophilus sp. novKeiichi Goto
Microbiological and Analytical Group, Food Research Laboratories, Mitsui Norin Co Ltd, 223 1, Miyahara, Fujieda, Shizuoka 426 0133, Japan
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 54:419-27. 2004..in length) at the 5' end of the 16S rDNA sequences of 29 bacterial strains that were identified previously as Brevibacillus brevis showed that 13 strains clustered with Aneurinibacillus species, eight strains clustered with Bacillus ..
- Brevibacillus fluminis sp. nov., isolated from sediment of estuarine wetlandMi Jin Choi
Department of Biotechnology BK21 Program, Chung Ang University, Anseong, Republic of Korea
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 60:1595-9. 2010..16S rRNA gene sequence analysis revealed that strain CJ71(T) had the highest sequence similarity (96.9 %) to Brevibacillus formosus DSM 9885(T). The predominant cellular fatty acids in strain CJ71(T) were anteiso-C(15 : 0) (49...
- Biodegradation of crude oil using an efficient microbial consortium in a simulated marine environmentMu Tai Bao
Key Laboratory of Marine Chemistry Theory and Technology, Ministry of Education, Ocean University of China, Shandong, Qingdao 266100, China
Mar Pollut Bull 64:1177-85. 2012Ochrobactrum sp. N1, Brevibacillus parabrevis N2, B. parabrevis N3 and B. parabrevis N4 were selected when preparing a mixed bacterial consortium based on the efficiency of crude oil utilization...
- BT cationic peptides: small peptides that modulate innate immune responses of chicken heterophils and monocytesMichael H Kogut
Southern Plains Agricultural Research Center, USDA ARS, College Station, TX 77845, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 145:151-8. 2012..have been investigating is the use of a group of cationic peptides produced by a Gram-positive soil bacterium, Brevibacillus texasporus (BT peptides)...
- [Purification and properties of an antimicrobial substance from marine Brevibacillus laterosporus Lh-1]Zhao Zhen Ren
Laboratory of Marine Enzyme and Enzyme Engineering, Yellow Sea Fisheries Research Institute, Qingdao 266071, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 47:997-1001. 2007An antimicrobial substance produced by Brevibacillus laterosporus isolated from the sea sediment was purified and characterized...
- Identification, purification and characterization of laterosporulin, a novel bacteriocin produced by Brevibacillus sp. strain GI-9Pradip Kumar Singh
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh, India
PLoS ONE 7:e31498. 2012..Identification and characterization of novel bacteriocins in novel strains of bacteria is one of the important fields in bacteriology...
- Brevibacillus aydinogluensis sp. nov., a moderately thermophilic bacterium isolated from Karakoc hot springKadriye Inan
Karadeniz Technical University, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Biology, 61080 Trabzon, Turkey
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 62:849-55. 2012..16S rRNA gene sequence analysis revealed that the two strains belonged to the genus Brevibacillus; strain PDF25T showed highest sequence similarity to strain PDF30 (99...
- Observations on house fly larvae midgut ultrastructure after Brevibacillus laterosporus ingestionLuca Ruiu
Dipartimento di Agraria, Sezione di Patologia Vegetale ed Entomologia, University of Sassari, Via E De Nicola, 07100 Sassari, Italy
J Invertebr Pathol 111:211-6. 2012The pathological and histopathological course caused by Brevibacillus laterosporus on house fly larvae has been investigated conducting observations on insect behavior and midgut ultrastructure...
- Speciation of Gram-positive bacteria in fresh and ambient-stored sub-tropical marine fishIsmail M Al Bulushi
Department Food Science and Nutrition, College of Agricultural and Marine Science, Sultan Qaboos University, Al Khod 123, Oman
Int J Food Microbiol 138:32-8. 2010..epidermidis, S. xylosus and Bacillus megaterium were no longer present whereas S. warneri, B. sphaericus, Brevibacillus borstelensis, Enterococcus faecium and Streptococcus uberis increased in frequency. Micrococcus luteus and S...
- Identification and characterization of microorganisms from earthworm viscera for the conversion of fish wastes into liquid fertilizerJoong Kyun Kim
Department of Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Pukyong National University, Busan, Republic of Korea
Bioresour Technol 101:5131-6. 2010Five bacteria isolated from earthworm viscera and identified as Brevibacillus agri, Bacillus cereus, Bacillus licheniformis, and Brevibacillus parabrevis by 16S rRNA sequencing were employed in the conversion of fish wastes generated ..
- Cloning, expression and purification of extracellular serine protease Esp, a biofilm-degrading enzyme, from Staphylococcus epidermidisS Sugimoto
Department of Bacteriology, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Appl Microbiol 111:1406-15. 2011..To further expand the biotechnological applications of Esp, we developed a highly efficient and economic method for the purification of recombinant Esp based on a Brevibacillus choshinensis expression-secretion system.
- Biodegradation of malachite green by Brevibacillus laterosporus MTCC 2298Sushama S Gomare
Department of Biochemistry, Shivaji University, Kolhapur, India
Water Environ Res 81:2329-36. 2009b>Brevibacillus laterosporus MTCC 2298 was screened for the decolorization of eight triphenylmethane dyes. Decolorization of malachite green was found to be fastest (87% within 3 hours, at the concentration 0.1 g/L) among the screened dyes...
- Presence and potential role of thermophilic bacteria in temperate terrestrial environmentsM C Portillo
IRNAS CSIC, Avda Reina Mercedes 10, Sevilla, 41012, Spain
Naturwissenschaften 99:43-53. 2012..Thermophilic isolates were classified within the Firmicutes, belonging to the Geobacillus, Brevibacillus, and Ureibacillus genera, and showed optimum growth temperatures between 50°C and 60°C...
- Comparing the tolerance limits of selected bacterial and protozoan species to nickel in wastewater systemsI Kamika
Department of Environmental, Water and Earth Sciences, Faculty of Science, Tshwane University of Technology, Arcadia Campus, P Bag X680, Pretoria 0001, South Africa
Sci Total Environ 410:172-81. 2011..and Peranema sp.) against Ni(2+) with that of selected bacterial species (Bacillus licheniformis-ATCC12759, Brevibacillus laterosporus-ATCC64 and Pseudomonas putida-ATCC31483) commonly found in wastewater systems...
- Cloning of a novel collagenase gene from the gram-negative bacterium Grimontia (Vibrio) hollisae 1706B and its efficient expression in Brevibacillus choshinensisNaoko Teramura
Nippi Research Institute of Biomatrix, Kuwabara, Toride, Ibaraki 302 0017, Japan
J Bacteriol 193:3049-56. 2011..which consisted of 680 amino acids with a calculated molecular mass of 74 kDa, was produced by the Brevibacillus expression system, a major gelatinolytic protein band of ~ 60 kDa was determined by zymographic analysis...
- Comparative applications of azadirachtin- and Brevibacillus laterosporus-based formulations for house fly management experiments in dairy farmsL Ruiu
Dipartimento di Protezione delle Piante, Sezione Entomologia, University of Sassari Italy, Vie E de Nicola, 07100 Sassari, Italy
J Med Entomol 48:345-50. 2011The potential of two bioinsecticidal formulations containing Brevibacillus laterosporus spores and azadirachtin, respectively, was assayed in laboratory and in comparative field treatments for the management of immature house flies on ..
- Diversity of endophytic bacteria within nodules of the Sphaerophysa salsula in different regions of Loess Plateau in ChinaZhen Shan Deng
College of Life Sciences, Shaanxi Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology for Agriculture, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi, China
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 76:463-75. 2011..Sphingomonas, Inquilinus, Pseudomonas, Serratia, Mycobacterium, Nocardia, Streptomyces, Paenibacillus, Brevibacillus, Staphylococcus, Lysinibacillus and Bacillus, which were universally coexistent with symbiotic bacteria in the ..
- Determinative factors of competitive advantage between aerobic bacteria for niches at the air-liquid interfaceKyosuke Yamamoto
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Yayoi1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Microbes Environ 25:317-20. 2010..Although an obligate aerobe (Brevibacillus sp. M1-5) was initially dominant in the pellicle population, a facultative aerobe (Pseudoxanthomonas sp...
- Phytoremediation of mercury in pristine and crude oil contaminated soils: Contributions of rhizobacteria and their host plants to mercury removalN A Sorkhoh
Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, Kuwait University, Kuwait
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 73:1998-2003. 2010..freundii, Enterobacter aerogenes, Exiquobacterium aurantiacum, Pseudomonas veronii, Micrococcus luteus, Brevibacillus brevis, Arthrobacter sp. and Flavobacterium psychrophilum. These rhizobacteria were also diazotrophic, i.e...
- Recombinant canine granulocyte colony-stimulating factor accelerates recovery from cyclophosphamide-induced neutropenia in dogsAkira Yamamoto
Nippon Institute for Biological Science, Shin Machi 9 2221 1, Ome, Tokyo 198 0024, Japan
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 142:271-5. 2011..Treatment with purified recombinant canine granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (rcG-CSF), produced by brevibacillus expression system, at the nadir of the granulocyte count accelerated recovery from the CPA-induced neutropenia ..
- Characterization of bacterial community inhabiting the surfaces of weathered bricks of Nanjing Ming city walls- Qi-Wang
Key Laboratory of Microbiological Engineering of Agricultural Environment, Ministry of Agriculture, College of Life Science, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, PR China
Sci Total Environ 409:756-62. 2011..analyses show that the weathered bricks were inhabited by specific functional groups of bacteria (Bacillus, Massillia, Brevibacillus, Glacialice, Acinetobacter, Brachysporum, and Achromobacter) that contribute to the brick weathering.
- Preferential biodegradation of structurally dissimilar dyes from a mixture by Brevibacillus laterosporusMayur B Kurade
Department of Biotechnology, Shivaji University, Kolhapur 416004, India
J Hazard Mater 192:1746-55. 2011..textile dyes with different structures and color properties has been investigated by an ecofriendly strain--Brevibacillus laterosporus MTCC 2298...
- Purification and characterization of a serine protease secreted by Brevibacillus sp. KH3 for reducing waste activated sludge and biofilm formationToshinari Maeda
Department of Biological Functions and Engineering, Graduate School of Life Science and Systems Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology, 2 4 Hibikino, Wakamatsu ku, Kitakyushu 808 0196, Japan
Bioresour Technol 102:10650-6. 2011A novel protease secreted by Brevibacillus sp. KH3 isolated from excess sludge at 50 °C and used as a sludge-lysing strain was investigated in this study...
- Isolation and identification of Bacillus spp. and related genera from different starchy foodsMaria Florencia Fangio
CONICET Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas, Argentina
J Food Sci 75:M218-21. 2010..Bacillus spp. and related species belonging to Paenibacillus and Brevibacillus genera were found in 96% of the samples...
- Bacterial community dynamics during the application of a Myxococcus xanthus-inoculated culture medium used for consolidation of ornamental limestoneGuadalupe Piñar
Institute of Applied Microbiology, Department of Biotechnology, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Muthgasse 18, Vienna, Austria
Microb Ecol 60:15-28. 2010..xanthus culture. Those microorganisms were Pseudomonas sp., Bacillus sp., and Brevibacillus sp. The monitoring of M...
- Degradation of native feathers by a novel keratinase-producing, thermophilic isolate, Brevibacillus thermoruber T1EZoltán Bihari
Department of Applied Microbiology, Institute for Biotechnology, Bay Zoltan Foundation for Applied Research, Derkovits fasor 2, H 6726 Szeged, Hungary
Z Naturforsch C 65:134-40. 2010Strain T1E, isolated and identified as Brevibacillus thermoruber, and evolutionally distant from the known keratinolytic isolates, proved to have feather-degrading ability...
- Brevibacillus expression system: host-vector system for efficient production of secretory proteinsMakoto Mizukami
Bio Research Group, R and D Department, Higeta Shoyu Co Ltd, 2 8 Chuo Cho, Choshi shi, Chiba 288 8680, Japan
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 11:251-8. 2010b>Brevibacillus expression system is an effective bacterial expression system for secretory proteins...
- Study of the bacterial load in a gelatine production process focussed on Bacillus and related endosporeforming generaElke De Clerck
Laboratory of Microbiology, Department of Biochemistry, Physiology and Microbiology, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Syst Appl Microbiol 25:611-7. 2002..fumarioli, members of the B. cereus group, B. badius, B. coagulans, B. subtilis, Brevibacillus agri, Alicyclobacillus acidocaldarius and a yet undescribed Paenibacillus species.
- Characterization of microorganisms using UV resonance Raman spectroscopy and chemometricsE Consuelo López-Díez
Department of Chemistry, UMIST, P O Box 88, Sackville Street, Manchester M60 1QD, U K
Anal Chem 76:585-91. 2004..of information rich Raman fingerprints from endospore-forming bacteria belonging to the genera Bacillus and Brevibacillus. UVRR was conducted at 244 nm, and spectra were collected in typically 60 s...
- Module-specific antibodies against human connective tissue growth factor: utility for structural and functional analysis of the factor as related to chondrocytesMasanao Minato
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Dentistry, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8525
J Biochem 135:347-54. 2004..For mapping the epitopes, Brevibacillus-produced independent modules were utilized...
- Isolation, characterization, and identification of bacterial contaminants in semifinal gelatin extractsE De Clerck
Laboratory of Microbiology, Department of Biochemistry, Physiology and Microbiology, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:3664-72. 2004..Bacillus gelatini, Bacillus thermoamylovorans, Anoxybacillus contaminans, Anoxybacillus flavithermus, Brevibacillus agri, Brevibacillus borstelensis, and Geobacillus stearothermophilus...
- Enhancement of linear gramicidin expression from Bacillus brevis ATCC 8185 by casein peptideTomonori Nakai
University of Hyogo, Hyogo 671 2201, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 69:700-4. 2005Bacillus brevis (Brevibacillus parabrevis) ATCC 8185 synthesizes two kinds of antibiotic peptides, cyclopeptide tyrocidine and linear gramicidin...
- A Brevibacillus choshinensis system that secretes cytoplasmic proteinsIrene Horne
CSIRO Entomology, Canberra, Australia
J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 8:81-90. 2004b>Brevibacillus choshinensis has previously been shown to be a useful strain for the secretion of heterologous proteins via the Sec secretory pathway...
- [Ecological effects of multifunctional micro-flora agent in environment]Xin Zhang
College of Agriculture and Biotechnology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 16:1909-12. 2005In this paper, strains ZJY-1 (Brevibacillus brevis) and ZJY-116 (Bacillus subtilis) with evident inhibitory effect on Fusarium oxysporum f. sp...
- Inhibition of the growth of Paenibacillus larvae, the causal agent of American foulbrood of honeybees, by selected strains of aerobic spore-forming bacteria isolated from apiarian sourcesAdriana M Alippi
Centro de Investigaciones de Fitopatología, Facultad de Ciencias Agrarias y Forestales, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, 60 y 118, cc 31, 1900 La Plata, Argentina
J Invertebr Pathol 91:141-6. 2006..licheniformis (m347), B. cereus (mv33), B. cereus (m387), B. cereus (m6c), B. megaterium (m404), Brevibacillus laterosporus (BLAT169), B. laterosporus (BLAT170), and B. laterosporus (BLAT171)...