Genomes and Genes
Alias: "Clostridium licheniforme" Weigmann 1898, "Denitrobacillus licheniformis" (Weigmann 1898) Verhoeven 1952, Bacillus licheniformis (Weigmann 1898) Chester 1901, Clostridium licheniforme, Denitrobacillus licheniformis, Bacillus sp. SHG10, Bacillus sp. W10.6, Bacillus sp. WED10.6
Publications135 found, 100 shown here
- Enterotoxins and emetic toxins production by Bacillus cereus and other species of Bacillus isolated from Soumbala and Bikalga, African alkaline fermented food condimentsLabia Irene I Ouoba
London Metropolitan University, Department of Health and Human Sciences, Microbiology Research Unit, 166 220 Holloway Road, London N7 8DB, United Kingdom
Int J Food Microbiol 124:224-30. 2008..Of 41 isolates, 29 Bacillus belonging to the species of B. cereus, Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus licheniformis and Bacillus pumilus showed haemolysis on blood agar...
- Biodegradation of international jet A-1 aviation fuel by microorganisms isolated from aircraft tank and joint hydrant storage systemsA Y Itah
University of Uyo, Uyo, Nigeria
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 83:318-27. 2009..Bacillus megaterium, Flavobacterium oderatum, Sarcina flava, Micrococcus varians, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus cereus and Bacillus brevis...
- Identification of nif genes in N2-fixing bacterial strains isolated from rice fields along the Yangtze River PlainGuang Hui Xie
College of Agronomy and Biotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing, 100094, P R China
J Basic Microbiol 46:56-63. 2006..We found that Eco RI fragments of total DNA from Aeromonas hydrophila HY2, Bacillus azotoformans FD, Bacillus licheniformis NCH1, NCH5, WH4, Bacillus brevis NC2, Bacillus pumilus NC12, Bacillus cereus NCH2, Citrobacter freundii ..
- Viability of Bacillus licheniformis and Bacillus thuringiensis spores as a model for predicting the fate of bacillus anthracis spores during composting of dead livestockTim Reuter
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Lethbridge Research Centre, P O Box 3000, Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 4B1, Canada
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:1588-92. 2011..Spores (10(7) CFU/g manure) of Bacillus licheniformis and Bacillus thuringiensis were mixed with autoclaved feedlot manure and placed in either sterile vials or ..
- A bacitracin-resistant Bacillus subtilis gene encodes a homologue of the membrane-spanning subunit of the Bacillus licheniformis ABC transporterReiko Ohki
Department of Molecular Biolog, School of Health Sciences, Kyorin University, 476 Miyashita, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0005, Japan
J Bacteriol 185:51-9. 2003Bacitracin is a peptide antibiotic nonribosomally produced by Bacillus licheniformis. The bcrABC genes which confer bacitracin resistance to the bacitracin producer encode ATP binding cassette (ABC) transporter proteins, which are ..
- Comparison of four antibiotics with indigenous marine Bacillus spp. in controlling pathogenic bacteria from shrimp and ArtemiaS Banerjee
Aquatic Animal Health Unit, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Universiti Putra Malaysia, UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
J Fish Dis 30:383-9. 2007..cysts were tested for susceptibility to indigenous marine Bacillus subtilis AB65, Bacillus pumilus AB58, Bacillus licheniformis AB69 and compared with oxytetracycline, chloramphenicol, gentamicin and bacitracin, which are common ..
- Influence of divalent cations on the structural thermostability and thermal inactivation kinetics of class II xylose isomerasesKevin L Epting
Department of Chemical Engineering, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7905, USA
FEBS J 272:1454-64. 2005..3.1.5) from mesophilic (Escherichia coli and Bacillus licheniformis), thermophilic (Thermoanaerobacterium thermosulfurigenes), and hyperthermophilic (Thermotoga neapolitana) ..
- Effects of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium, or serovar Choleraesuis, Lactobacillus reuteri and Bacillus licheniformis on chemokine and cytokine expression in the swine jejunal epithelial cell line, IPEC-J2K A Skjolaas
Department of Animal Sciences and Industry, Kansas State University, 241 Weber Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506 0201, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 115:299-308. 2007..current study used pig jejunal epithelial cells (IPEC-J2) to evaluate how Lactobacillus reuteri (LR) and Bacillus licheniformis (BL) differed from Salmonella enterica serovars Typhimurium (ST) or Choleraesuis (SC) in their ability to ..
- Germination and outgrowth of Bacillus subtilis and Bacillus licheniformis spores in the gastrointestinal tract of pigsT D Leser
Chr Hansen A S, Corporate Research, Health Functionality Department, Hoersholm, Denmark
J Appl Microbiol 104:1025-33. 2008..To determine if orally ingested Bacillus spores used as probiotics or direct-fed microbial feed additives germinate and the vegetative cells grow in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract...
- Crystal structure of thermostable alpha-amylase from Bacillus licheniformis refined at 1.7 A resolutionK Y Hwang
Department of Chemistry, Seoul National University, Korea
Mol Cells 7:251-8. 1997..Thermostable alpha-amylase from Bacillus licheniformis, a monomeric enzyme with molecular mass of 55,200 Da (483 amino acid residues), shows a remarkable heat ..
- Survey of bacterial populations present in US-produced linerboard with high recycle contentK Namjoshi
Institute of Paper Science and Technology, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332 0620, USA
J Appl Microbiol 108:416-27. 2010..To survey paperboard products from 17 US mills for bacterial populations and for bacteria potentially harmful to human health...
- Probing structural determinants specifying high thermostability in Bacillus licheniformis alpha-amylaseN Declerck
Génétique Moléculaire et Cellulaire, INRA UMR216 and CNRS URA1925 INA PG, Thiverval Grignon, F 78850, France
J Mol Biol 301:1041-57. 2000b>Bacillus licheniformis alpha-amylase (BLA) is a starch-degrading enzyme that is highly thermostable although it is produced by a rather mesophilic organism...
- [A randomized and case-control clinical study on trimebutine maleate in treating functional dyspepsia coexisting with diarrhea-dominant irritable bowel syndrome]Ying Qiang Zhong
Department of Gastroenterology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510120, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 46:899-902. 2007..To observe the efficacy and adverse drug reaction of trimebutine maleate in treating patients with functional dyspepsia (FD) coexisting with diarrhea dominant irritable bowel syndrome (IBS-D)...
- Structural analysis of a chimeric bacterial alpha-amylase. High-resolution analysis of native and ligand complexesA M Brzozowski
Department of Chemistry, Structural Biology Laboratory, University of York, Heslington, UK
Biochemistry 39:9099-107. 2000..genes were constructed by an in vivo recombination technique from the Bacillus amyloliquefaciens and Bacillus licheniformis genes. One of the fusion amylases (hereafter BA2), consisting of residues 1-300 from B...
- Detection of the dipicolinic acid biomarker in Bacillus spores using Curie-point pyrolysis mass spectrometry and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyR Goodacre
Institute of Biological Sciences, University of Wales, Aberystwyth, U K
Anal Chem 72:119-27. 2000..confirmed by polyphasic taxonomic methods to belong to Bacillus amyloliquefaciens, Bacillus cereus, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus megaterium, Bacillus subtilis (including Bacillus niger and Bacillus globigii), Bacillus ..
- Coexpression of chitinase and the cry11Aa1 toxin genes in Bacillus thuringiensis serovar israelensisN Sirichotpakorn
Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Rama VI Road, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
J Invertebr Pathol 78:160-9. 2001..The chitinase gene was derived from a high-chitinase producer, Bacillus licheniformis TP-1...
- Anaerobic growth of Bacillus mojavensis and Bacillus subtilis requires deoxyribonucleosides or DNAMartha J Folmsbee
University of Oklahoma, 770 Van Vleet Oval, Norman, OK 73019 0245, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:5252-7. 2004..b>Bacillus licheniformis strains L89-11 and L87-11, Bacillus sonorensis strain TG8-8, and Bacillus cereus (ATCC 14579) did not ..
- Antimicrobial effect of oxidized cellulose saltsJarmila Vytrasova
Department of Biological and Biochemical Sciences, Faculty of Chemical Technology, University of Pardubice, Strossova 239, 53003, Pardubice, Czech Republic
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 35:1247-52. 2008..a spectrum of microbial strains: Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Bacillus licheniformis, Aspergillus niger, Penicillium chrysogenum, Rhizopus oryzae, Scopulariopsis brevicaulis, Candida albicans ..
- Application of PCR-SSCP for molecular epidemiological studies on the exposure of farm children to bacteria in environmental dustMelanie Korthals
Lehrstuhl für Tierhygiene, Technische Universitat Munchen, Weihenstephaner Berg 3, 85354 Freising, Germany
J Microbiol Methods 73:49-56. 2008..The detection limit of Escherichia coli was 7 x 10(1) cfu g(-1) whereas Listeria monocytogenes and Bacillus licheniformis containing 30% spores showed visible bands at 7 x1 0(2) cfu g(-1)...
- Efficient recombinant expression and secretion of a thermostable GH26 mannan endo-1,4-beta-mannosidase from Bacillus licheniformis in Escherichia coliChomphunuch Songsiriritthigul
School of Biotechnology, Institute of Agricultural Technology, Suranaree University of Technology, 111 University Avenue, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand
Microb Cell Fact 9:20. 2010..b>Bacillus licheniformis is a Gram-positive endospore-forming microorganism that is generally non-pathogenic and has been used ..
- Detection and quantification of spoilage and pathogenic Bacillus cereus, Bacillus subtilis and Bacillus licheniformis by real-time PCRI C Fernández-No
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Nutrition and Food Science, School of Veterinary Sciences College of Biotechnology, University of Santiago de Compostela, Rúa Carballo Calero s n, Campus Universitario Norte, E 27002 Lugo, Spain
Food Microbiol 28:605-10. 2011A new primer-probe set for the detection and quantification of Bacillus cereus, Bacillus licheniformis and Bacillus subtilis by real-time PCR (Rti-PCR) was developed. For it, forty-eight strains belonging to these species were considered...
- Optimization of protease secretion in Bacillus subtilis and Bacillus licheniformis by screening of homologous and heterologous signal peptidesChristian Degering
Institute of Molecular Enzyme Technology, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Research Center Julich, Julich, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:6370-6. 2010Bacillus subtilis and Bacillus licheniformis are widely used for the large-scale industrial production of proteins. These strains can efficiently secrete proteins into the culture medium using the general secretion (Sec) pathway...
- Effects of two probiotic additives containing Bacillus spores on carcass characteristics, blood lipids and cecal volatile fatty acids in meat type chickensR Novak
Emona Nutrition research and development department, Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 95:424-33. 2011..6 × 10(6) spores per gram of feed of Bacillus subtilis and Bacillus licheniformis (group A) or additive B, containing the same concentration of Bacillus cereus var. toyoi spores (group B)...
- Effect of plant age on endophytic bacterial diversity of balloon flower (Platycodon grandiflorum) root and their antimicrobial activitiesShah Md Asraful Islam
Division of Applied Life Sciences BK21 program, Gyeongsang National University, Chinju 660 701, Republic of Korea
Curr Microbiol 61:346-56. 2010..BF1-2 and BF3-5), and Bacillus sp. (BF1-3, BF3-6, and BF6-4) showed maximum enzyme activities. Besides, Bacillus licheniformis (BF3-5 and BF6-6) and Bacillus pumilus (BF6-1) showed maximum antifungal activity against Phytophthora ..
- Subtilisins of Bacillus spp. hydrolyze keratin and allow growth on feathersK L Evans
Department of Microbiology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27695, USA
Can J Microbiol 46:1004-11. 2000Keratinase is a serine protease produced by Bacillus licheniformis PWD-1 that effectively degrades keratin and confers the ability to grow on feathers to a protease-deficient B. subtilis strain. Studies presented herein demonstrate that B...
- Thermodynamic stability of a cold-active alpha-amylase from the Antarctic bacterium Alteromonas haloplanctisG Feller
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Institute of Chemistry B6, University of Liege, Belgium
Biochemistry 38:4613-9. 1999..here (from porcine pancreas, human salivary glands, yellow meal beetle, Bacillus amyloliquefaciens, and Bacillus licheniformis) unfold irreversibly according to a non-two-state mechanism...
- Molecular cloning, structure, promoters and regulatory elements for transcription of the Bacillus licheniformis encoded regulon for xylose utilizationA Scheler
Lehrstuhl fur Mikrobiologie, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Federal Republic of Germany
Arch Microbiol 155:526-34. 1991In this article we describe the cloning of the xyl regulon encoding xylose utilization from Bacillus licheniformis by complementation of a xyl mutant of B. subtilis...
- Positions of Trp codons in the leader peptide-coding region of the at operon influence anti-trap synthesis and trp operon expression in Bacillus licheniformisAnastasia Levitin
Department of Biology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Bacteriol 192:1518-26. 2010..subtilis and Bacillus licheniformis. Our objective was to correlate the greater growth sensitivity of B...
- Codon-optimized bacterial genes improve L-Arabinose fermentation in recombinant Saccharomyces cerevisiaeBeate Wiedemann
Institute of Molecular Biosciences, Goethe Universitat Frankfurt, Max von Laue Str 9, D 60438 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:2043-50. 2008..The corresponding enzyme could be effectively replaced by the enzyme from Bacillus licheniformis, leading to a considerably decreased lag phase...
- Biosynthesis of linkage units for teichoic acids in gram-positive bacteria: distribution of related enzymes and their specificities for UDP-sugars and lipid-linked intermediatesK Yokoyama
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
J Bacteriol 171:940-6. 1989..obtained from the following two groups of gram-positive bacteria: group A, including Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus pumilus, Staphylococcus aureus, and Lactobacillus plantarum; group B, Bacillus coagulans...
- Nucleotide sequence, structural investigation and homology modeling studies of a Ca2+-independent alpha-amylase with acidic pH-profileReza Hassan Sajedi
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Faculty of Science, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran
J Biochem Mol Biol 40:315-24. 2007..a very high sequence homology to Bacillus amyloliquefaciens (BAA) (85% identity, 90% similarity) and Bacillus licheniformis alpha-amylases (BLA) (81% identity, 88% similarity)...
- Genetic evidence for the actin homolog gene mreBH and the bacitracin resistance gene bcrC as targets of the alternative sigma factor SigI of Bacillus subtilisChi Ling Tseng
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Life Science, National Yang Ming University, Taipei 112, Taiwan
J Bacteriol 190:1561-7. 2008..subtilis SigI could drive expression of a transcriptional fusion between the sigI regulatory region from Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus sp. strain NRRL B-14911, B. subtilis, or Bacillus thuringiensis and the xylE reporter gene in B...
- Purification and characterization of keratinase from recombinant Pichia and Bacillus strainsSelvaraj Radha
Department of Genetics, Center for Excellence in Genomic Sciences, School of Biological Sciences, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai 625 021, India
Protein Expr Purif 64:24-31. 2009The keratinase gene from Bacillus licheniformis MKU3 was cloned and successfully expressed in Bacillus megaterium MS941 as well as in Pichia pastoris X33. Compared with parent strain, the recombinant B...
- Effect of Bacillus licheniformis and Bacillus subtilis supplementation of ewe's feed on sheep milk production and young lamb mortalityS K Kritas
Laboratory of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, School of Veterinary Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 54124 Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece
J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med 53:170-3. 2006The purpose of this pilot study was to evaluate under field conditions the effect of a probiotic containing Bacillus licheniformis and Bacillus subtilis on young lamb mortality and sheep milk production when administered in the late ..
- Directed evolution of a Bacillus chitinaseChomphunuch Songsiriritthigul
National Synchrotron Research Center, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand
Biotechnol J 4:501-9. 2009..by error-prone PCR and DNA shuffling of two highly similar (99% identical) chitinase genes from Bacillus licheniformis. Activity screening was done in two steps: first, activity towards colloidal chitin was screened for on ..
- Field evaluation of the efficacy of a probiotic containing Bacillus licheniformis and Bacillus subtilis spores, on the health status and performance of sows and their littersC Alexopoulos
Clinic of Obstetrics and A I, School of Veterinary Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 88:381-92. 2004The aim of this study was to assess the efficacy of BioPlus 2B, a probiotic containing Bacillus licheniformis and Bacillus subtilis spores, on the health status and productivity of sows and their litters...
- Enrichment of eicosapentaenoic acid from sardine oil with Delta5-olefinic bond specific lipase from Bacillus licheniformis MTCC 6824Kajal Chakraborty
Physiology Nutrition and Pathology Division, Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Kerala, India
J Agric Food Chem 56:1428-33. 2008Lipase derived from Bacillus licheniformis MTCC 6824 was purified to homogeneity by anion exchange chromatography on Amberlite IRA 410 (Cl-) and gel filtration using Sephadex G-100 as judged by denaturing polyacrylamide gel ..
- Crystal structures of the Bacillus licheniformis BS3 class A beta-lactamase and of the acyl-enzyme adduct formed with cefoxitinEveline Fonzé
Centre d Ingénierie des Protéines, Institut de Physique B5 and Institut de Chimie B6, Universite de Liege, B 4000 Sart Tilman, Belgium
Biochemistry 41:1877-85. 2002The Bacillus licheniformis BS3 beta-lactamase catalyzes the hydrolysis of the beta-lactam ring of penicillins, cephalosporins, and related compounds...
- Chitinase of Bacillus licheniformis from oyster shell as a probe to detect chitin in marine shellsShah Asraful Islam
Division of Applied Life Science BK21 program, Gyeongsang National University, Chinju 660701, Republic of Korea
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 86:119-29. 2010b>Bacillus licheniformis CBFOS-03 is a chitinase producing bacteria isolated from oyster (Crassostrea gigas) shell waste. We have cloned and expressed the chi18B gene of B...
- Cloning and characterization of a novel L-arabinose isomerase from Bacillus licheniformisPonnandy Prabhu
Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Konkuk University, 1 Hwayang dong, Gwangjin gu, Seoul, Korea
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 81:283-90. 2008Based on analysis of the genome sequence of Bacillus licheniformis ATCC 14580, an isomerase-encoding gene (araA) was proposed as an L-arabinose isomerase (L-AI). The identified araA gene was cloned from B...
- Yield and protein quality of thermophilic Bacillus spp. biomass related to thermophilic aerobic digestion of agricultural wastes for animal feed supplementationJ Obeta Ugwuanyi
Strathclyde Fermentation Centre, Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
Bioresour Technol 99:3279-90. 2008..For Bacillus coagulans, the highest specific growth rate was 1.98 muh(-1); for Bacillus licheniformis 2.56 muh(-1) and for Bacillus stearothermophilus 2.63 muh(-1). Molar yield of B...
- Enzymatic synthesis of glycosylated puerarin using maltogenic amylase from Bacillus stearothermophilus expressed in Bacillus subtilisChung Hyo Choi
Center for Agricultural Biomaterials and Department of Food Science and Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 921, Korea
J Sci Food Agric 90:1179-84. 2010..To ensure safety, BSMA was produced in Bacillus subtilis, using new shuttle vector-based expression vectors. The transglycosylation of puerarin was also conducted with crude BSMA and analyzed...
- Estimating amplification efficiency improves multiplex real-time PCR quantification of Bacillus licheniformis and Bacillus subtilis spores in animal feedChristel Jørgensen
Chr Hansen A S, Corporate Research, Department of Health Functionality, 10 12 Boege Alle, DK 2970 Hoersholm, Denmark
J Microbiol Methods 68:588-95. 2007..PCR assay was developed for absolute quantification in animal feed of Bacillus subtilis CH201 and Bacillus licheniformis CH200 spores, which constitute the viable component of the microbial growth promoter, BioPlus 2B...
- Determining the source of Bacillus cereus and Bacillus licheniformis isolated from raw milk, pasteurized milk and yoghurtJ Banyko
Research Institute for Cattle Breeding, Výzkumníků 267, Rapotín, Czech Republic
Lett Appl Microbiol 48:318-23. 2009Strain-specific detection of Bacillus cereus and Bacillus licheniformis in raw and pasteurized milk, and yoghurt during processing.
- Cytotoxicity in Bacillus mojavensis is abolished following loss of surfactin synthesis: implications for assessment of toxicity and food poisoning potentialC From
Department of Food Safety and Infection Biology, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, NO 0033 Oslo, Norway
Int J Food Microbiol 117:43-9. 2007Bacillus subtilis and the closely related species Bacillus pumilus and Bacillus licheniformis have periodically been suggested to play a role in the aetiology of food poisoning despite the fact that the organisms do not possess the genes ..
- Biological control of strawberry gray mold caused by Botrytis cinerea using Bacillus licheniformis N1 formulationJu Hyun Kim
Division of Applied Biology, College of Natural Resources and Life Science, Dong A University, Busan 604 714, Korea
J Microbiol Biotechnol 17:438-44. 2007b>Bacillus licheniformis N1 is a biological control agent to control gray mold diseases caused by Botrytis cinerea. Various formulations of B. licheniformis N1 were generated and evaluated for the activity to control strawberry gray mold...
- Improving the functional expression of a Bacillus licheniformis laccase by random and site-directed mutagenesisKatja Koschorreck
Institute of Technical Biochemistry, Universitaet Stuttgart, Allmandring 31, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
BMC Biotechnol 9:12. 2009..We have recently published a report on the cloning and characterization of a CotA Bacillus licheniformis laccase, an enzyme that catalyzes dimerization of phenolic acids...
- Identification and safety evaluation of Bacillus species occurring in high numbers during spontaneous fermentations to produce Gergoush, a traditional Sudanese bread snackLine Thorsen
Department of Food Science, Food Microbiology, Centre of Advanced Studies LMC, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Int J Food Microbiol 146:244-52. 2011..Depending on the legume used, 40-68% of the isolates were identified as B. cereus sensu lato, 16-27% as Bacillus licheniformis, 8-32% as Bacillus subtilis and 4-20% as Bacillus sonorensis...
- Regulatory effects of alanine-group amino acids on serine alkaline protease production by recombinant Bacillus licheniformisPinar Calik
Industrial Biotechnology Laboratory, Department of Chemical Engineering, Middle East Technical University, 06531 Ankara, Turkey
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 37:165-71. 2003..e. alanine, leucine and valine, on serine alkaline protease (SAP) synthesis were investigated by Bacillus licheniformis (DSM 1969) carrying pHV1431:: sub C in a defined medium to identify the amino acids creating intracellular ..
- Crystal structure of calcium-depleted Bacillus licheniformis alpha-amylase at 2.2 A resolutionM Machius
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Planegg Martinsried, Germany
J Mol Biol 246:545-59. 1995The three-dimensional structure of the calcium-free form of Bacillus licheniformis alpha-amylase (BLA) has been determined by multiple isomorphous replacement in a crystal of space group P4(3)2(1)2 (a = b = 119.6 A, c = 85.4 A)...
- Activation of Bacillus licheniformis alpha-amylase through a disorder-->order transition of the substrate-binding site mediated by a calcium-sodium-calcium metal triadM Machius
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Planegg Martinsried, Germany
Structure 6:281-92. 1998..This is not the case, however, for Bacillus licheniformis alpha-amylase (BLA) for which the structure of the metal-free form is available...
- PCR fingerprinting of whole genomes: the spacers between the 16S and 23S rRNA genes and of intergenic tRNA gene regions reveal a different intraspecific genomic variability of Bacillus cereus and Bacillus licheniformis [corrected]D Daffonchio
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Alimentari e Microbiologiche DISTAM, Universita degli Studi, Milano, Italy
Int J Syst Bacteriol 48:107-16. 1998Genomic diversity in 21 strains of Bacillus cereus and 10 strains of Bacillus licheniformis was investigated by random amplified polymorphic DNA (RAPD) analysis, which samples the whole genome, and by two PCR fingerprinting techniques ..
- Molecular self-assembly of partially hydrolysed alpha-lactalbumin resulting in strong gels with a novel microstructureR Ipsen
Department of Dairy and Food Science, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
J Dairy Res 68:277-86. 2001Gelation of alpha-lactalbumin (alpha-la) incubated with a protease from Bacillus licheniformis (BLP) at 50 degrees C for 4 h was monitored using small oscillatory shear and the large deformation properties of final gels were characterized ..
- Production of poly-gamma-glutamic acid by Bacillus subtilis and Bacillus licheniformis with different growth mediaGopal Kedia
School of Applied Sciences, University of Wolverhampton, Wulfruna Street, WV1 1LY, UK
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 10:5926-34. 2010..Different media such as medium C, F and GS were used for production of poly gamma-glutamic acid by B. subtilis natto. The yield from GS medium was highest and it produced about 26-28 g/l with molecular weight (Mw) of 627,000...
- Biochemical characteristics of C-terminal region of recombinant chitinase from Bacillus licheniformis: implication of necessity for enzyme propertiesHsu Han Chuang
Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung, Taiwan
FEBS J 275:2240-54. 2008The functional and structural significance of the C-terminal region of Bacillus licheniformis chitinase was explored using C-terminal truncation mutagenesis...
- Kinetic characterization of extracellular alpha-amylase from a derepressed mutant of Bacillus licheniformisIkram Ul-Haq
Institute of Industrial Biotechnology, GC University Lahore, Pakistan
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 141:251-64. 2007Three strains of Bacillus licheniformis were isolated and screened for alpha-amylase production by solid-state fermentation. Of these, IS-2 gave relatively higher enzyme production (32+/-2.3 U/[g...
- Inhibitory effects of Bacillus probionts on growth and toxin production of Vibrio harveyi pathogens of shrimpT Nakayama
Ninewells Hospital Medical School, University of Dundee, UK
Lett Appl Microbiol 49:679-84. 2009To investigate the effects of Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus licheniformis and Bacillus megaterium in terms of toxin and growth of pathogenic Vibrio harveyi.
- Isolation, purification and characterization of a surfactants-, laundry detergents- and organic solvents-resistant alkaline protease from Bacillus sp. HR-08Fatemeh Moradian
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Faculty of Sciences, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 159:33-45. 2009..16S rDNA analysis showed that this strain is closely related to Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus pumilus, Bacillus mojavensis, and Bacillus atrophaeus...
- Crystal structure of Bacillus stearothermophilus alpha-amylase: possible factors determining the thermostabilityD Suvd
Institute of Applied Biochemistry, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8572, Japan
J Biochem 129:461-8. 2001..0 A resolution. The main-chain fold is almost identical to that of the known crystal structure of Bacillus licheniformis alpha-amylase (BLA). BLA is known to be more stable than BSTA...
- Codon optimization of Bacillus licheniformis beta-1,3-1,4-glucanase gene and its expression in Pichia pastorisDa Teng
Gene Engineering Laboratory, Feed Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing 100081, People s Republic of China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 74:1074-83. 2007..To improve expression efficiency of recombinant beta-1,3-1,4-glucanase from Bacillus licheniformis EGW039(CGMCC 0635) in methylotrophic yeast Pichia pastoris GS115, the DNA sequence encoding beta-1,3-1,4-..
- Expression of recombinant Bacillus licheniformis xylanase A in Pichia pastoris and xylooligosaccharides released from xylans by itMing Qi Liu
Department of Food Science, College of Life Science, China Jiliang University, Hangzhou 310018, China
Protein Expr Purif 57:101-7. 2008The mature peptide of Bacillus licheniformis xylanase A (BlxA) was successfully expressed in Pichia pastoris under the control of AOX1 promoter. After 96-h 0.25% methanol induction, the activity of recombinant B...
- [Screening and identification of an organic solvent-stable protease producer]Shuang Li
College of Pharmacy and Life Science, Nanjing University of Technology, Nanjing 210009, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 47:1032-7. 2007..The YP1 strain was identified as Bacillus licheniformis using culture system BIOLOG analysis (SIM = 0.62, 16-24h)...
- The two-component regulatory system BacRS is associated with bacitracin 'self-resistance' of Bacillus licheniformis ATCC 10716A M Neumüller
Philipps Universitat Marburg, FB Chemie Biochemie, Germany
Eur J Biochem 268:3180-9. 2001Bacitracin is a peptide antibiotic produced by several Bacillus licheniformis strains that is most active against other Gram-positive microorganisms, but not against the producer strain itself...
- Dimerization and DNA binding properties of the Bacillus licheniformis 749/I BlaI repressorPatrice Filee
Centre d Ingénierie des Protéines, Institut de Chimie B6a, Universite de Liege, Sart Tilman, B4000 Liege, Belgium
J Biol Chem 278:16482-7. 2003In the absence of penicillin, the beta-lactamase encoding gene blaP of Bacillus licheniformis 749/I is negatively regulated by the transcriptional repressor BlaI...
- Identification of a new Bacillus licheniformis strain producing a bacteriocin-like substanceYaoqi Guo
Laboratory of Feed Biotechnology, State Key Laboratory of Animal Nutrition, College of Animal Science and Technology, China Agricultural University, Beijing, 100193, P R China
J Microbiol 50:452-8. 2012..Pullorum, was isolated from soil and designated as B116. This new isolate was identified as Bacillus licheniformis by morphological, biochemical and genetic analyses...
- Isolation and partial characterization of an antifungal protein produced by Bacillus licheniformis BS-3Tang Bing Cui
School of Biological Science and Bioengineering, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou 510006, China
Molecules 17:7336-47. 2012An antifungal protein produced by Bacillus licheniformis strain BS-3 was purified to homogeneity by ammonium sulfate precipitation, DEAE-52 column chromatography and Sephadex G-75 column chromatography...
- Type 2 IDI performs better than type 1 for improving lycopene production in metabolically engineered E. coli strainsSara Abolhassani Rad
Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Shahrak e Pajoohesh, Km 15, Tehran Karaj Highway, P O Box 14965 161, Tehran, I R Iran
World J Microbiol Biotechnol 28:313-21. 2012..The corresponding genes of Bacillus licheniformis and the host (i(Bl) and i(Ec), respectively) were expressed in lycopene producing E...
- Safety assessment of Bacillus licheniformis Me1 isolated from milk for probiotic applicationVadakedath Nithya
Department of Food Microbiology, CSIR Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore, India
Int J Toxicol 31:228-37. 2012In this study, an in vivo toxicological safety assessment of Bacillus licheniformis Me1, a native isolate from milk, was performed. An acute toxicity study in male albino Wistar rats demonstrated no treatment-related illness or mortality...
- A peptidoglycan fragment triggers β-lactam resistance in Bacillus licheniformisAna Amoroso
Centre d Ingénierie des Protéines, Institut de Chimie B6a, Sart Tilman, Belgium
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002571. 2012..In Bacillus licheniformis and Staphylococcus aureus, a membrane-bound penicillin receptor (BlaR/MecR) detects the presence of β-..
- Transcriptome profiling of heat-resistant strain Bacillus licheniformis CGMCC3962 producing Maotai flavorQun Wu
State Key Laboratory of Food Science and Technology, Key Laboratory of Industrial Biotechnology of Ministry of Education, School of Biotechnology, Jiangnan University, Wuxi, Jiangsu, China 214122
J Agric Food Chem 60:2033-8. 2012..This was the first use of the microarray profiling tool to investigate the fermentative strains for Chinese traditional liquor, which would allow a deeper insight into the mechanism of the formation of soy sauce flavor compound...
- The sponge-associated bacterium Bacillus licheniformis SAB1: a source of antimicrobial compoundsPrabha Devi
Bioorganic Chemistry Laboratory, Chemical Oceanography Division, National Institute of Oceanography, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Dona Paula 403004, Goa, India
Mar Drugs 8:1203-12. 2010..SAB1 showed a strong similarity (100%) with the 16S rDNA gene of Bacillus licheniformis HNL09...
- Expression of the subtilisin Carlsberg-encoding gene in Bacillus licheniformis and Bacillus subtilisM F Jacobs
Department of Microbiology, Technical University of Denmark, Lundtofte
Gene 152:69-74. 1995The cloning and sequence of the 5' untranslated region (5'-UTR) of the Bacillus licheniformis (Bl) 6816 subtilisin Carlsberg gene (subC) are reported here...
- A novel bifunctional peptidic aspartic protease inhibitor inhibits chitinase A from Serratia marcescens: Kinetic analysis of inhibition and binding affinityAjit Kumar
Division of Biochemical Sciences, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune 411 008, India
Biochim Biophys Acta 1800:526-36. 2010..Here, we report a novel peptidic inhibitor API (Aspartic Protease Inhibitor), isolated from Bacillus licheniformis that inhibits chitinase A (ChiA) from Serratia marcescens.
- Crystal structure of Bacillus licheniformis 1,3-1,4-beta-D-glucan 4-glucanohydrolase at 1.8 A resolutionM Hahn
Forschungsgruppe Kristallographie, Max Delbruck Centrum fur Molekulare Medizin, Berlin, Germany
FEBS Lett 374:221-4. 1995The crystal structure of the 1,3-1,4-beta-D-glucan 4-glucanohydrolase from Bacillus licheniformis is solved at a resolution of 1.8 A and refined to R = 16.5%...
- Medium optimization for a novel 58 kDa dimeric keratinase from Bacillus licheniformis ER-15: biochemical characterization and application in feather degradation and dehairing of hidesEkta Tiwary
Department of Microbiology, University of Delhi, South Campus, New Delhi 110021, India
Bioresour Technol 101:6103-10. 2010A novel dimeric 58 kDa keratinase is reported from Bacillus licheniformis ER-15...
- Conservation of the 168 divIB gene in Bacillus subtilis W23 and B. licheniformis, and evidence for homology to ftsQ of Escherichia coliE J Harry
Department of Biochemistry, University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
Gene 147:85-9. 1994The chromosomal regions of Bacillus subtilis (Bs) W23 and Bacillus licheniformis (Bl), which span the sequence encoding the homolog of the division initiation gene, divIB, of Bs168 were cloned and sequenced...
- A novel Method for the selective recovery and purification of gamma-polyglutamic acid from Bacillus licheniformis fermentation brothBhavik Manocha
Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, The University of Western Ontario, London Ontario, Canada N6A 5B9
Biotechnol Prog 26:734-42. 2010..novel method for the selective recovery and purification of gamma-PGA from cell-free fermentation broth of Bacillus licheniformis. The cell-free fermentation broth was treated with divalent copper ions, resulting in the precipitation of ..
- Interaction of Bacillus species and Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium in immune or inflammatory signaling from swine intestinal epithelial cellsC C Aperce
Department of Animal Sciences and Industry, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66506 0201, USA
J Anim Sci 88:1649-56. 2010Previous research evaluated a laboratory strain of Bacillus licheniformis (BL) in a model swine epithelium and found it exerted antiinflammatory effects on Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium (Sal)-induced secretion of IL-8...
- Isolation, structural characterization and immunological activity of an exopolysaccharide produced by Bacillus licheniformis 8-37-0-1Chunhui Liu
National Glycoengineering Research Center, Shandong University, Jinan 250012, PR China
Bioresour Technol 101:5528-33. 2010A strain of Bacillus licheniformis 8-37-0-1 with high exopolysaccharide (EPS) production ability was isolated and identified based on morphological and physiological characteristics and phylogenetic analysis of 16S rDNA sequences...
- Facilitation of direct conditional knockout of essential genes in Bacillus licheniformis DSM13 by comparative genetic analysis and manipulation of genetic competenceKerstin Hoffmann
Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Institut fur Molekulare Mikrobiologie und Biotechnologie, Corrensstrasse 3, 48149 Munster, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:5046-57. 2010The genetic manageability of the biotechnologically important Bacillus licheniformis is hampered due to its poor transformability, whereas Bacillus subtilis efficiently takes up DNA during genetic competence, a quorum-sensing-dependent ..
- Site-saturation mutagenesis of leucine 134 of Bacillus licheniformis nucleotide exchange factor GrpE reveals the importance of this residue to the co-chaperone activityMin Guan Lin
Department of Biochemical Science and Technology, National Chiayi University, 300 University Road, Chiayi, Taiwan
Protein J 29:365-72. 2010To elucidate the role of leucine 134 of Bacillus licheniformis nucleotide exchange factor (BlGrpE), site-saturation mutagenesis was employed to generate all possible replacements for this residue...
- Controlling Salmonella infection in weanling pigs through water delivery of direct-fed microbials or organic acids. Part I: effects on growth performance, microbial populations, and immune statusM C Walsh
Department of Animal Science, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
J Anim Sci 90:261-71. 2012..Treatments were 1) control diet; 2) control diet + DFM (Enterococcus faecium, Bacillus subtilis, and Bacillus licheniformis) in drinking water at 10(9) cfu/L for each strain of bacteria; 3) control diet + an organic acid-based ..
- The peroxide stress response of Bacillus licheniformisRebecca Schroeter
Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Institute of Pharmacy, University of Greifswald, Friedrich Ludwig Jahn Strasse 17, Greifswald, Germany
Proteomics 11:2851-66. 2011The oxidative stress response of Bacillus licheniformis after treatment with hydrogen peroxide was investigated at the transcriptome, proteome and metabolome levels...
- Biodegradation of the major color containing compounds in distillery wastewater by an aerobic bacterial culture and characterization of their metabolitesRam Naresh Bharagava
Environmental Microbiology Section, Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Biodegradation 21:703-11. 2010..compounds extracted from distillery wastewater (DWW) by an aerobic bacterial consortium comprising Bacillus licheniformis (DQ79010), Bacillus sp. (DQ779011) and Alcaligenes sp...
- Substrate specificity of the Bacillus licheniformis lyxose isomerase YdaE and its application in in vitro catalysis for bioproduction of lyxose and glucose by two-step isomerizationDarshan H Patel
Bio energy Research Institute, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:3343-50. 2011..A hypothetical uncharacterized protein encoded by ydaE of Bacillus licheniformis was found to have broad substrate specificities and has shown high catalytic efficiency on D-lyxose, ..
- Genetic structure, isolation and characterization of a Bacillus licheniformis cell wall hydrolaseA Kuroda
Department of Applied Biology, Faculty of Textile Science and Technology, Shinshu University, Nagano, Japan
Mol Gen Genet 234:129-37. 1992A DNA fragment containing the gene for a cell wall hydrolase of Bacillus licheniformis was cloned into Escherichia coli...
- Molecular cloning, expression and nucleotide sequence of the endo-beta-1,3-1,4-D-glucanase gene from Bacillus licheniformis. Predictive structural analyses of the encoded polypeptideJ Lloberas
Institut de Biologia Fonamental, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
Eur J Biochem 197:337-43. 1991A Bacillus licheniformis gene coding for an endo-beta-1,3-1,4-D-glucanase have been cloned in Escherichia coli and sequenced...
- Artificial mixed-linked β-glucans produced by glycosynthase-catalyzed polymerization: tuning morphology and degree of polymerizationXavi Pérez
Bioengineering Department, Institut Químic de Sarrià, Universitat Ramon Llull, Barcelona, Spain
Biomacromolecules 12:494-501. 2011The glycosynthase derived from Bacillus licheniformis 1,3-1,4-β-glucanase was able to polymerize glycosyl fluoride donors (G4)(m)G3GαF (m = 0-2, G = Glcβ) leading to artificial mixed-linked β-glucans with regular sequences and ..
- Beta-lactamase of Bacillus licheniformis 749/C at 2 A resolutionP C Moews
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Connecticut, Storrs 06269
Proteins 7:156-71. 1990Two crystal forms (A and B) of the 29,500 Da Class A beta-lactamase (penicillinase) from Bacillus licheniformis 749/C have been examined crystallographically...
- Metabolite profiling of Cheonggukjang, a fermented soybean paste, inoculated with various Bacillus strains during fermentationJin Gyeong Baek
Department of Food Science and Technology, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 74:1860-8. 2010..of Cheonggukjang inoculated with different Bacillus strains including Bacillus amyloliqueciens CH86-1, Bacillus licheniformis 58, and Bacillus licheniformis 67 during fermentation, was performed using gas chromatography-time of ..
- Identification, expression, and characterization of a novel bacterial RGI lyase enzyme for the production of bio-functional fibersInês R Silva
Center for Bioprocess Engineering, Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Building 229, Technical University of Denmark, 2800 Kgs, Lyngby, Denmark
Enzyme Microb Technol 49:160-6. 2011A gene encoding a putative rhamnogalacturonan I (RGI) Lyase (EC 4.2.2.-) from Bacillus licheniformis (DSM13) was selected after a homology search and phylogenetic analysis and optimized with respect to codon usage...
- Structural characterization of lipopeptide methyl esters produced by Bacillus licheniformis HSN 221Yiming Li
State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering and Institute of Applied Chemistry, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai 200237, P R China
Chem Biodivers 7:2065-75. 2010..at the same time after two-step column-chromatographic purification from cell-free broth cultivated by Bacillus licheniformis HSN 221...
- Bacterial olfactionReindert Nijland
Dove Marine Laboratory, School of Marine Science and Technology, Newcastle University, Cullercoats, UK
Biotechnol J 5:974-7. 2010..Here we show that bacteria are also capable of olfaction. Bacillus licheniformis was able to sense airborne volatile metabolites produced by neighbouring bacterial cultures and cells ..
- Use of amber suppressors to investigate the thermostability of Bacillus licheniformis alpha-amylase. Amino acid replacements at 6 histidine residues reveal a critical position at His-133N Declerck
Institut National Agronomique, Laboratoire de Genetique, Thiverval Grignon, France
J Biol Chem 265:15481-8. 1990..of a thermostable amylase; by site-directed mutagenesis, amber mutations were first introduced into Bacillus licheniformis alpha-amylase gene at position His35, His133, His247, His293, His406, or His450; genes carrying one or two ..
- Bacillus licheniformis prevents necrotic enteritis in broiler chickensI Knap
Chr Hansen A S, Boege Alle 10 12, 2970 Hoersholm, Denmark
Avian Dis 54:931-5. 2010..studies and one production study in floor pens, which were used to test the effect of the addition of Bacillus licheniformis (DSM 17236) spores at different doses and feeding periods in comparison to birds fed diets with ..
- Isolation, structure elucidation, and synergistic antibacterial activity of a novel two-component lantibiotic lichenicidin from Bacillus licheniformis VK21Zakhar O Shenkarev
Shemyakin and Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Miklukho Maklaya Str 16 10, Moscow, Russia
Biochemistry 49:6462-72. 2010..51 Da) and Lchbeta (3019.36 Da), termed lichenicidin VK21, was isolated from the producer strain Bacillus licheniformis VK21. Chemical and spatial structures of Lchalpha and Lchbeta were determined...
- Chitinase from Bacillus licheniformis DSM13: expression in Lactobacillus plantarum WCFS1 and biochemical characterisationHoang Anh Nguyen
Food Biotechnology Laboratory, Department of Food Sciences and Technology, BOKU University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria
Protein Expr Purif 81:166-74. 2012The gene chi, coding for a GH18 chitinase from the Gram-positive bacterium Bacillus licheniformis DSM13 (ATCC 14580), was cloned into the inducible lactobacillal expression vectors pSIP403 and pSIP409, derived from the sakacin-P operon of ..
- Symbiotic bacteria living in the hoopoe's uropygial gland prevent feather degradationM Ruiz-Rodriguez
Departamento Biologia Animal, Universidad de Granada, Spain
J Exp Biol 212:3621-6. 2009..microorganisms which secrete enzymes that digest keratin, as is the case of the ubiquitous bacterium Bacillus licheniformis, present in both the feathers and skin of wild birds...
- Functional characterization of a Na(+)-coupled dicarboxylate transporter from Bacillus licheniformisMelodie A Strickler
Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0718, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1788:2489-96. 2009The Na(+)-coupled dicarboxylate transporter, SdcL, from Bacillus licheniformis is a member of the divalent anion/Na(+) symporter (DASS) family that includes the bacterial Na(+)/dicarboxylate cotransporter SdcS (from Staphyloccocus aureus) ..
- Preparation and use of media for protease-producing bacterial strains based on by-products from Cuttlefish (Sepia officinalis) and wastewaters from marine-products processing factoriesNabil Souissi
Laboratoire de Genie Enzymatique et de Microbiologie, Ecole Nationale d Ingenieurs de Sfax, Sfax, Tunisia
Microbiol Res 163:473-80. 2008..as a fermentation substrate for microbial growth and protease production by several species of bacteria: Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus subtilis, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Bacillus cereus BG1, and Vibrio parahaemolyticus...
- Purification, characterization, cloning, and expression of a glutamic acid-specific protease from Bacillus licheniformis ATCC 14580S Kakudo
Shionogi Research Laboratories, Shionogi and Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
J Biol Chem 267:23782-8. 1992A glutamic acid-specific protease has been purified to homogeneity from Bacillus licheniformis ATCC 14580 utilizing Phe-Leu-D-Glu-OMe-Sepharose affinity chromatography and crystallized...
- MECHANISMS OF PROCESSES OF THE TEM-1 BETA-LACTAMASEShahriar Mobashery; Fiscal Year: 1993..The analysis of the active site crystal structure for the structurally-similar Bacillus licheniformis enzyme, in conjunction with kinetics of rationally- designed point mutant proteins at position 244 was ..
- Regulatory networks contributing to L. monocytogenes transmission and virulenceKathryn Boor; Fiscal Year: 2009..This knowledge will contribute to identification of specific bacterial mechanisms that can be targeted for development of novel and innovative bacterial control strategies, including new antibacterial therapeutics. ..
- Sigma B and stress response in Listeria monocytogenesKathryn Boor; Fiscal Year: 2006..More broadly, L. monocytogenes will serve as a model system for examining the role of alternative sigma factor-directed general stress response systems in survival and pathogenesis of gram-positive food-borne pathogens. ..
- Regulatory networks contributing to L. monocytogenes transmission and virulenceKathryn J Boor; Fiscal Year: 2010..This knowledge will contribute to identification of specific bacterial mechanisms that can be targeted for development of novel and innovative bacterial control strategies, including new antibacterial therapeutics. ..
- Automated Protein Crystallization SystemMischa Machius; Fiscal Year: 2007..Structural Biology often serves as a basis for devising therapeutic strategies, for example through structure-based drug design. The robotic system that we propose for purchase will help to facilitate these aims. ..