Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phylogeny in Caracas, Capital, Venezuela
Locale: Caracas, Capital, Venezuela
- Betancourt W, Querales L, Sulbaran Y, Rodriguez Diaz J, Caraballo L, Pujol F. Molecular characterization of sewage-borne pathogens and detection of sewage markers in an urban stream in Caracas, Venezuela. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:2023-6 pubmed publisher..This study reveals epidemiological features of human pathogens of worldwide distribution and the efficacy of molecular methods for accurate assessment of sewage pollution. ..
- D Suze G, Schwartz E, García Gómez B, Sevcik C, Possani L. Molecular cloning and nucleotide sequence analysis of genes from a cDNA library of the scorpion Tityus discrepans. Biochimie. 2009;91:1010-9 pubmed publisher..The N-terminal amino acid sequence of several peptides is reported here for the first time. A phylogenetic tree analysis is also reported, as well as three three-dimensional models of representative toxins...
- Rangel H, Garzaro D, Gutiérrez C, Vásquez L, Guillen G, Torres J, et al. HIV diversity in Venezuela: predominance of HIV type 1 subtype B and genomic characterization of non-B variants. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2009;25:347-50 pubmed publisher..This study shows that HIV-1 subtype B is still highly predominant in Venezuela. Whereas some sporadic cases of other HIV types can be found, they do not seem to have disseminated to the present. ..
- Carrero L, Niño Vega G, Teixeira M, Carvalho M, Soares C, Pereira M, et al. New Paracoccidioides brasiliensis isolate reveals unexpected genomic variability in this human pathogen. Fungal Genet Biol. 2008;45:605-12 pubmed publisher..This isolate clearly separates from all other Paracoccidioides isolates in phylogenetic analyses and greatly increases the genomic variation known in this genus...
- Devesa M, Loureiro C, Rivas Y, Monsalve F, Cardona N, Duarte M, et al. Subgenotype diversity of hepatitis B virus American genotype F in Amerindians from Venezuela and the general population of Colombia. J Med Virol. 2008;80:20-6 pubmed..The apparent absence of correlation between the phylogenetic groupings of HBV isolates with the ethnical origin in aboriginal populations might be suggesting a recent origin of HBV American subgenotypes, or a genetic drift effect. ..
- Gendzekhadze K, Herrera F, Montagnani S, Balbas O, Witter K, Albert E, et al. HLA-DP polymorphism in Venezuelan Amerindians. Hum Immunol. 2004;65:1483-8 pubmed..Despite general similarities, each tribe and, in some cases, some subtribes show their own pattern of allele and haplotype distribution apparently more as a result of linguistic than to geographic variation. ..
- Loureiro C, Alonso R, Pacheco B, Uzcátegui M, Villegas L, León G, et al. High prevalence of GB virus C/hepatitis G virus genotype 3 among autochthonous Venezuelan populations. J Med Virol. 2002;68:357-62 pubmed..This report confirms the circulation of the Asiatic genotype of GBV-C/HGV among Amerindians, suggesting an old origin of GBV-C/HGV. This might be associated with the apparently low pathogenesis of this virus...
- Gueneau P, Fuenmayor J, Aristimuño O, Cedeño S, Báez E, Reyes N, et al. Are goats naturally resistant to gastric Helicobacter infection?. Vet Microbiol. 2002;84:115-21 pubmed..We discuss the possibility that goats may exhibit natural resistance to abomasal infection by Helicobacter spp. ..