Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence in Laramie, Wyoming, United States
Locale: Laramie, Wyoming, United States
Topic: amino acid sequence
- Vadaie N, Hulinsky R, Jarvis D. Identification and characterization of a Drosophila melanogaster ortholog of human beta1,4-galactosyltransferase VII. Glycobiology. 2002;12:589-97 pubmed
- Lewis R, Ray P, Coguill R, Kruggel W. Presence of pancreatic trypsin inhibitor in adrenal medullary chromaffin cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;167:543-7 pubmed..The presence of this inhibitor in these granules suggests another method of regulating the prohormone proteases present there. ..
- Moskvin O, Gilles Gonzalez M, Gomelsky M. The PpaA/AerR regulators of photosynthesis gene expression from anoxygenic phototrophic proteobacteria contain heme-binding SCHIC domains. J Bacteriol. 2010;192:5253-6 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the predicted SCHIC domain PpaA/AerR regulators also bind heme and respond to oxygen in vitro, despite their low sequence identity with AppA. ..
- Smith C, Thorsness P. Formation of an energized inner membrane in mitochondria with a gamma-deficient F1-ATPase. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:2078-86 pubmed..Analysis of the suppressing mutation by blue native polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis also revealed that the alpha(3)beta(3) heterohexamer can form in the absence of the gamma subunit. ..
- Ryjenkov D, Tarutina M, Moskvin O, Gomelsky M. Cyclic diguanylate is a ubiquitous signaling molecule in bacteria: insights into biochemistry of the GGDEF protein domain. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:1792-8 pubmed..This study establishes that majority of GGDEF domain proteins are c-di-GMP specific, that c-di-GMP synthesis is a wide-spread phenomenon in Bacteria, and that it is highly regulated. ..
- Perry D, Austin K, Hansen T. Cloning of interferon-stimulated gene 17: the promoter and nuclear proteins that regulate transcription. Mol Endocrinol. 1999;13:1197-206 pubmed..It is concluded that the bISG17 gene is similar to the hISG15 gene, retains an ISRE that interacts with IRF-1, and is possibly induced initially by the STATs and later by IRF-1 in response to IFN-tau during early pregnancy. ..
- Johnson G, Austin K, Van Kirk E, Hansen T. Pregnancy and interferon-tau induce conjugation of bovine ubiquitin cross-reactive protein to cytosolic uterine proteins. Biol Reprod. 1998;58:898-904 pubmed..The regulation of uterine proteins by UCRP may be integral to the maintenance of early pregnancy in ruminants. ..
- Cheney I, Yamakawa M, Roy P, Mecham J, Wilson W. Molecular characterization of the segment 2 gene of epizootic hemorrhagic disease virus serotype 2: gene sequence and genetic diversity. Virology. 1996;224:555-60 pubmed..Phylogenetic profiles constructed suggest that regionalization of the viruses within the North American continent has contributed to the genetic diversity...
- Motlagh A, Bhunia A, Szostek F, Hansen T, Johnson M, Ray B. Nucleotide and amino acid sequence of pap-gene (pediocin AcH production) in Pediococcus acidilactici H. Lett Appl Microbiol. 1992;15:45-8 pubmed..Then through enzymatic modifications the leader segment of 18 amino acids is removed from the NH2-terminal. The remaining segment of 44 amino acids is active pediocin AcH of 4628 M(r)...
- John T, Ghosh M, Johnson J. Identification and expression of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae cytoplasmic tryptophanyl-tRNA synthetase gene. Yeast. 1997;13:37-41 pubmed..A search of the Saccharomyces Genome Database using amino acid sequences from other eukaryotic aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase suggests there is sufficient similarity to identify both class I and class II genes. ..
- Miller K, Schamber R, Chen Y, Ray B. Production of active chimeric pediocin AcH in Escherichia coli in the absence of processing and secretion genes from the Pediococcus pap operon. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1998;64:14-20 pubmed..coli host. The MBP fusion-periplasmic leaky expression system should be generally advantageous for production and screening of the activity of bioactive peptides...
- Wilson W. Development of a nested-PCR test based on sequence analysis of epizootic hemorrhagic disease viruses non-structural protein 1 (NS1). Virus Res. 1994;31:357-65 pubmed..This information was used to develop a capture nested-PCR for detection and differentiation of EHD from BTV viral RNA...
- Jensen M, Cheney I, Thompson L, Mecham J, Wilson W, Yamakawa M, et al. The smallest gene of the orbivirus, epizootic hemorrhagic disease, is expressed in virus-infected cells as two proteins and the expression differs from that of the cognate gene of bluetongue virus. Virus Res. 1994;32:353-64 pubmed..An explanation for the differences in expression of NS3/NS3A in EHD and BT viruses was not evident in comparing the nucleotide sequences of S10 of the viruses...
- Campbell C, Tanaka N, White K, Thorsness P. Mitochondrial morphological and functional defects in yeast caused by yme1 are suppressed by mutation of a 26S protease subunit homologue. Mol Biol Cell. 1994;5:899-905 pubmed..This proteolytic activity is necessary for progression through the cell cycle and has been implicated in the regulation of transcription. Ynt1p is more distantly related to Yme1p. ..
- Fay D, Large E, Han M, Darland M. lin-35/Rb and ubc-18, an E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme, function redundantly to control pharyngeal morphogenesis in C. elegans. Development. 2003;130:3319-30 pubmed..lin-35 and ubc-18 may act in concert to regulate the levels of one or more critical targets during C. elegans development...
- Motlagh A, Bukhtiyarova M, Ray B. Complete nucleotide sequence of pSMB 74, a plasmid encoding the production of pediocin AcH in Pediococcus acidilactici. Lett Appl Microbiol. 1994;18:305-12 pubmed..The gene sequence has been submitted to Gene Bank (Acc. No. U02482)...
- Weber E, Rooks R, Shafer K, Chase J, Thorsness P. Mutations in the mitochondrial ATP synthase gamma subunit suppress a slow-growth phenotype of yme1 yeast lacking mitochondrial DNA. Genetics. 1995;140:435-42 pubmed..atp3 deletion strains lacking mitochondrial DNA grew slowly on glucose media but were not as compromised for growth as yme1 yeast lacking mitochondrial DNA. ..
- Qiu X, Fay D. ARI-1, an RBR family ubiquitin-ligase, functions with UBC-18 to regulate pharyngeal development in C. elegans. Dev Biol. 2006;291:239-52 pubmed..We also provide evidence that dsRNA species containing 14 or fewer base pairs of contiguous identity with closely related mRNAs are sufficient to mediate off-target silencing in C. elegans. ..
- Xue J, Miller K. Regulation of the mpt operon in Listeria innocua by the ManR protein. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2007;73:5648-52 pubmed..His-871 in ManR PRD-II is needed for mpt repression in glucose-free media. His-506 in PRD-I is needed for mpt induction by glucose...
- Wilson W, Bernard K, Israel B, Mecham J. Bluetongue virus serotype 17 sequence variation associated with neutralization. DNA Seq. 2008;19:237-40 pubmed..This is the first description of two BT virus populations that have distinct neutralization characteristics co-circulating in a defined geographical region...
- Grahnen J, Nandakumar P, Kubelka J, Liberles D. Biophysical and structural considerations for protein sequence evolution. BMC Evol Biol. 2011;11:361 pubmed publisher..We suggest possible improvements on the representation of structure, folding energy, and binding function, as regards both native and non-native conformations, and describe a large number of possible applications for such a model. ..