Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on sequence deletion in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Locale: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Topic: sequence deletion
- Volkmann B, Zinkevich N, Mustonen A, Schilter K, Bosenko D, Reis L, et al. Potential novel mechanism for Axenfeld-Rieger syndrome: deletion of a distant region containing regulatory elements of PITX2. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:1450-9 pubmed publisher..Identification of cis-regulatory elements of PITX2 is important to better understand the mechanisms of disease...
- Kaur J, Stuart R. Truncation of the Mrp20 protein reveals new ribosome-assembly subcomplex in mitochondria. EMBO Rep. 2011;12:950-5 pubmed publisher..Finally, data supporting the idea that the inner mitochondrial membrane acts as a platform for the ribosome assembly process are discussed. ..
- Charania M, Brockman K, Zhang Y, Banerjee A, Pinchuk G, Fredrickson J, et al. Involvement of a membrane-bound class III adenylate cyclase in regulation of anaerobic respiration in Shewanella oneidensis MR-1. J Bacteriol. 2009;191:4298-306 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that CyaC plays a major role in regulating anaerobic respiration and may contribute to additional signaling pathways independent of CRP. ..
- Ristow L, Bonde M, Lin Y, Sato H, Curtis M, Wesley E, et al. Integrin binding by Borrelia burgdorferiâ€…P66 facilitates dissemination but is not required for infectivity. Cell Microbiol. 2015;17:1021-36 pubmed publisher..burgdorferi, which is critical to its ability to cause disease manifestations in incidental hosts and to its maintenance in the enzootic cycle. ..
- Balza R, Misra R. Role of the serum response factor in regulating contractile apparatus gene expression and sarcomeric integrity in cardiomyocytes. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:6498-510 pubmed
- Fu Z, Wang M, Paschke R, Rao K, Frerman F, KIM J. Crystal structures of human glutaryl-CoA dehydrogenase with and without an alternate substrate: structural bases of dehydrogenation and decarboxylation reactions. Biochemistry. 2004;43:9674-84 pubmed..Some pathogenic mutations are explained by the structure. The mutations affect protein folding, stability, and/or substrate binding, resulting in inefficient/inactive enzyme. ..
- Parviz F, Li J, Kaestner K, Duncan S. Generation of a conditionally null allele of hnf4alpha. Genesis. 2002;32:130-3 pubmed
- Rhodes R, Pucker H, McBride M. Development and use of a gene deletion strategy for Flavobacterium johnsoniae to identify the redundant gliding motility genes remF, remG, remH, and remI. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:2418-28 pubmed publisher..The rpsL counterselection strategy allows construction of unmarked mutations to determine the functions of individual motility proteins or to analyze other aspects of F. johnsoniae physiology. ..
- Spangenberg D, Waring G. A mutant dec-1 transgene induces dominant female sterility in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2007;177:1595-608 pubmed..Changes in the fractionation behavior of the endogenous fc106 C-terminal derivative, s60, and morphological changes in the endochorion in response to expression of the aberrant proprotein support this interpretation. ..
- Jia L, Dienhart M, Schramp M, McCauley M, Hell K, Stuart R. Yeast Oxa1 interacts with mitochondrial ribosomes: the importance of the C-terminal region of Oxa1. EMBO J. 2003;22:6438-47 pubmed..Mrp20 is homologous to L23, a subunit located next to the peptide exit tunnel of the ribosome. We propose that the interaction of Oxa1 with the ribosome serves to enhance a coupling of translation and membrane insertion events. ..
- Kenny D, Morateck P, Gill J, Montgomery R. The critical interaction of glycoprotein (GP) IBbeta with GPIX-a genetic cause of Bernard-Soulier syndrome. Blood. 1999;93:2968-75 pubmed..The interaction of GPIbbeta with GPIX is essential for the functional expression of GPIbalpha. ..