Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on ribosomes in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Locale: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
- Kovalchuke O, Kambampati R, Pladies E, Chakraburtty K. Competition and cooperation amongst yeast elongation factors. Eur J Biochem. 1998;258:986-93 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that the stimulatory effect of EF-3 on the ternary complex binding to yeast ribosomes involves a direct interaction between EF-1 alpha and EF-3. ..
- Chakraburtty K. Translational regulation by ABC systems. Res Microbiol. 2001;152:391-9 pubmed..The reaction requires ATP hydrolysis. EF-3 contains two ATP binding sequence (NBS) motifs. NBSI is sufficient for the intrinsic ATPase activity. NBSII is essential for the ribosome-stimulated functions...
- Kamath A, Chakraburtty K. Role of yeast elongation factor 3 in the elongation cycle. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:15423-8 pubmed..and Kamath, A. (1988) Int. J. Biochem. 20, 581-590). However, we failed to demonstrate the effect of EF-3 in binding aa-tRNA to such a heterologous combination of the ribosomal subunits. ..
- Lerch Gaggl A, Haque J, Li J, Ning G, Traktman P, Duncan S. Pescadillo is essential for nucleolar assembly, ribosome biogenesis, and mammalian cell proliferation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:45347-55 pubmed..We propose that in mammalian cells pescadillo is essential for ribosome biogenesis and nucleologenesis and that disruption to its function results in cell cycle arrest. ..
- Jia L, Dienhart M, Schramp M, McCauley M, Hell K, Stuart R. Yeast Oxa1 interacts with mitochondrial ribosomes: the importance of the C-terminal region of Oxa1. EMBO J. 2003;22:6438-47 pubmed..Mrp20 is homologous to L23, a subunit located next to the peptide exit tunnel of the ribosome. We propose that the interaction of Oxa1 with the ribosome serves to enhance a coupling of translation and membrane insertion events. ..
- Urbinati C, Gonsalvez G, Aris J, Long R. Loc1p is required for efficient assembly and nuclear export of the 60S ribosomal subunit. Mol Genet Genomics. 2006;276:369-77 pubmed
- Meng H, Liang H, Wong Riley M. Quantitative immuno-electron microscopic analysis of depolarization-induced expression of PGC-1alpha in cultured rat visual cortical neurons. Brain Res. 2007;1175:10-6 pubmed..PGC-1alpha level in neurons is, therefore, tightly regulated by neuronal activity. ..
- Kaur J, Stuart R. Truncation of the Mrp20 protein reveals new ribosome-assembly subcomplex in mitochondria. EMBO Rep. 2011;12:950-5 pubmed publisher..Finally, data supporting the idea that the inner mitochondrial membrane acts as a platform for the ribosome assembly process are discussed. ..