Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on kinesin in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Locale: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
- Baker S, Freeman K, Luby Phelps K, Pazour G, Besharse J. IFT20 links kinesin II with a mammalian intraflagellar transport complex that is conserved in motile flagella and sensory cilia. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:34211-8 pubmed..Our data indicate that all four mammalian IFT proteins are part of a highly conserved complex in multiple ciliated cell types. Furthermore, IFT20 appears to bridge kinesin II with the IFT complex. ..
- Insinna C, Pathak N, Perkins B, Drummond I, Besharse J. The homodimeric kinesin, Kif17, is essential for vertebrate photoreceptor sensory outer segment development. Dev Biol. 2008;316:160-70 pubmed publisher..Our analysis shows that Kif17 is essential for photoreceptor OS development, and suggests that Kif17 plays a cell type specific role in vertebrate ciliogenesis. ..
- Mavlyutov T, Cai Y, Ferreira P. Identification of RanBP2- and kinesin-mediated transport pathways with restricted neuronal and subcellular localization. Traffic. 2002;3:630-40 pubmed..The implications of these findings in protein kinesis and pathogenesis of degenerative neuropathies are discussed. ..
- Insinna C, Humby M, Sedmak T, Wolfrum U, Besharse J. Different roles for KIF17 and kinesin II in photoreceptor development and maintenance. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2211-22 pubmed publisher..In contrast, dominant-negative KIF17 has no obvious effect on inner segment or synaptic organization but has an immediate impact on outer segment assembly. ..
- Bader J, Kusik B, Besharse J. Analysis of KIF17 distal tip trafficking in zebrafish cone photoreceptors. Vision Res. 2012;75:37-43 pubmed publisher..In some cases KIF17-GFP is shed with the OS tip as part of the disc shedding process. We have also found that KIF17-GFP moves within the OS at rates consistent with those observed for IFT and other kinesins. ..
- Lewis T, Kundinger S, Pavlovich A, Bostrom J, Link B, Besharse J. Cos2/Kif7 and Osm-3/Kif17 regulate onset of outer segment development in zebrafish photoreceptors through distinct mechanisms. Dev Biol. 2017;425:176-190 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we show that both osm-3/kif17 and cos2/kif7 have comparable outer segment developmental delays, although through independent mechanisms. ..