Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on green fluorescent proteins in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Locale: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Topic: green fluorescent proteins
- Yu H, Fischer G, Ferhatovic L, Fan F, Light A, Weihrauch D, et al. Intraganglionic AAV6 results in efficient and long-term gene transfer to peripheral sensory nervous system in adult rats. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61266 pubmed publisher..Intraganglionic delivery of AAV6 is more uniform and efficient compared to AAV8 in gene transfer to peripheral sensory neurons and their axonal processes. ..
- Blackmore M, Wang Z, Lerch J, Motti D, Zhang Y, Shields C, et al. Krüppel-like Factor 7 engineered for transcriptional activation promotes axon regeneration in the adult corticospinal tract. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:7517-22 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a unique means of promoting CST axon regeneration in vivo by reengineering a developmentally down-regulated, growth-promoting transcription factor. ..
- Nichols R, Traktman P. Characterization of three paralogous members of the Mammalian vaccinia related kinase family. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:7934-46 pubmed..Our findings provide the basis for further studies of the structure and function of this newly discovered family of protein kinases. ..
- Burich R, Lei M. Two bipartite NLSs mediate constitutive nuclear localization of Mcm10. Curr Genet. 2003;44:195-201 pubmed..Thus, Mcm10 contains two functional NLSs and either is sufficient for the constitutive nuclear localization of Mcm10. ..
- Zhang Y, Schlappi M. Cold responsive EARLI1 type HyPRPs improve freezing survival of yeast cells and form higher order complexes in plants. Planta. 2007;227:233-43 pubmed..We propose that EARLI1 proteins have a bimodular architecture in which the PRD may interact with the cell wall and the 8CM domain with the plasma membrane to protect the cells during freezing stress. ..
- Tomasini A, Schuler A, Zebala J, Mayer A. PhotoMorphs: a novel light-activated reagent for controlling gene expression in zebrafish. Genesis. 2009;47:736-43 pubmed publisher..PhotoMorphs thus offer a new class of laboratory reagents suitable for the spatiotemporal control of gene expression in the zebrafish. ..
- Hong S, Yoon S, Moelling C, Arthan D, Park J. Noncatalytic function of ERK1/2 can promote Raf/MEK/ERK-mediated growth arrest signaling. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:33006-18 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that functions of ERK1/2 other than its "canonical" kinase activity are also involved in the pathway-mediated growth arrest signaling. ..
- Barabas M, Kossyreva E, Stucky C. TRPA1 is functionally expressed primarily by IB4-binding, non-peptidergic mouse and rat sensory neurons. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47988 pubmed publisher..Thus, IB4 binding is a better indicator than neuropeptides for TRPA1 expression. ..
- Clark B, Winter M, Cohen A, Link B. Generation of Rab-based transgenic lines for in vivo studies of endosome biology in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:2452-65 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have established a toolset for in vivo analyses of endosome dynamics and functions. ..
- Yang S, Peng Q, San Francisco M, Wang Y, Zeng Q, Yang C. Type III secretion system genes of Dickeya dadantii 3937 are induced by plant phenolic acids. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2973 pubmed publisher..The induction of T3SS expression by OCA and TCA is moderated through the rsmB-RsmA pathway. This is the first report of plant phenolic compounds that induce the expression T3SS genes of plant pathogenic bacteria. ..
- Berg T, Gastonguay A, Lorimer E, Kuhnmuench J, Li R, Fields A, et al. Splice variants of SmgGDS control small GTPase prenylation and membrane localization. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:35255-66 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that guanine nucleotide exchange and interactions with SmgGDS splice variants can regulate the entrance and passage of PBR-possessing small GTPases through the prenylation pathway. ..
- Brenner J, Jasiewicz K, Fahley A, Kemp B, Abbott A. Loss of individual microRNAs causes mutant phenotypes in sensitized genetic backgrounds in C. elegans. Curr Biol. 2010;20:1321-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings describe biological roles for individual miRNAs and suggest that the use of sensitized genetic backgrounds provides an efficient approach for miRNA functional analysis. ..
- Geurts A, Cost G, Freyvert Y, Zeitler B, Miller J, Choi V, et al. Knockout rats via embryo microinjection of zinc-finger nucleases. Science. 2009;325:433 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate the feasibility of targeted gene disruption in multiple rat strains within 4 months time, paving the way to a humanized monoclonal antibody platform and additional human disease models. ..
- Alexanian A, Crowe M, Kurpad S. Efficient differentiation and integration of lineage-restricted neural precursors in the traumatically injured adult cat spinal cord. J Neurosci Methods. 2006;150:41-6 pubmed..We conclude that a mixture of more restricted neural precursors may be better suited than highly immature NSCs for neural replacement strategies after central nervous system (CNS) injuries. ..
- Koeppel M, McCarthy C, Moertl E, Jakobi R. Identification and characterization of PS-GAP as a novel regulator of caspase-activated PAK-2. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:53653-64 pubmed..Furthermore, PS-GAP decreases the stimulation of cell death induced by stabilization of PAK-2p34. ..
- Feng Y, Liang H, Wong Riley M. Differential gene expressions in the visual cortex of postnatal day 1 versus day 21 rats revealed by suppression subtractive hybridization. Gene. 2004;329:93-101 pubmed..Our data indicate that genes expressed more abundantly on PND1 are associated with various metabolic pathways and enzymatic changes, and may play an important role in visual cortical development, growth and/or plasticity. ..
- Jakobi R, McCarthy C, Koeppel M, Stringer D. Caspase-activated PAK-2 is regulated by subcellular targeting and proteasomal degradation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:38675-85 pubmed..Therefore, nuclear targeting and inhibition of degradation appear to be critical for stimulation of the cell death response by PAK-2p34. ..
- Luby Phelps K, Ning G, Fogerty J, Besharse J. Visualization of identified GFP-expressing cells by light and electron microscopy. J Histochem Cytochem. 2003;51:271-4 pubmed..Furthermore, semithin sections can be used to locate GFP-expressing cells for examination by immunoelectron microscopy of the same material after thin sectioning. ..
- McAllister D, Merlo X, Lough J. Characterization and expression of the mouse tat interactive protein 60 kD (TIP60) gene. Gene. 2002;289:169-76 pubmed..Cellular localization using green fluorescent protein-TIP fusion constructs and immunohistochemistry reveal that TIP53 and TIP60 are nuclear proteins. ..