Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on dimerization in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Locale: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
- Roberts D, Weix D, Dahms N, Kim J. Molecular basis of lysosomal enzyme recognition: three-dimensional structure of the cation-dependent mannose 6-phosphate receptor. Cell. 1998;93:639-48 pubmed..The distance of 40 A between the two ligand-binding sites of the dimer provides a structural basis for the observed differences in binding affinity exhibited by the CD-MPR toward various lysosomal enzymes. ..
- Ziarek J, Veldkamp C, Zhang F, Murray N, Kartz G, Liang X, et al. Heparin oligosaccharides inhibit chemokine (CXC motif) ligand 12 (CXCL12) cardioprotection by binding orthogonal to the dimerization interface, promoting oligomerization, and competing with the chemokine (CXC motif) receptor 4 (CXCR4) N terminus. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:737-46 pubmed publisher..These results clarify the structural basis for GAG recognition by CXCL12 and lend insight into the development of CXCL12-based therapeutics. ..
- Noll L, Peterson F, Hayes P, Volkman B, Sander T. Heterodimer formation of the myeloid zinc finger 1 SCAN domain and association with promyelocytic leukemia nuclear bodies. Leuk Res. 2008;32:1582-92 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data suggest that MZF1 is recruited to PML-NBs and that the SCAN domain may play an integral role in regulating the localization of heterodimeric protein complexes to these intranuclear structures...
- Chahdi A, Sorokin A. Endothelin-1 couples betaPix to p66Shc: role of betaPix in cell proliferation through FOXO3a phosphorylation and p27kip1 down-regulation independently of Akt. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:2609-19 pubmed publisher..Our results identify p66Shc and FOXO3a as novel partners of beta(1)Pix and represent the first direct evidence of beta(1)Pix in cell proliferation via Erk/p66Shc-dependent and Akt-independent mechanisms. ..
- Brunner S, Everard Gigot V, Stuart R. Su e of the yeast F1Fo-ATP synthase forms homodimers. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:48484-9 pubmed..Finally, we propose a model for the molecular basis of the homodimerization of the Su e proteins. ..
- Geltz N, Augustine J. The p85 and p110 subunits of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-alpha are substrates, in vitro, for a constitutively associated protein tyrosine kinase in platelets. Blood. 1998;91:930-9 pubmed..These results suggest PI3K alpha can autophosphorylate on serine and threonine, and both p85 alpha and p110 alpha are substrates for a constitutively-associated protein tyrosine kinase in platelets. ..
- Bohnsack R, Haas A. Conservation in the mechanism of Nedd8 activation by the human AppBp1-Uba3 heterodimer. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:26823-30 pubmed..9 +/- 0.3 s-1. These observations demonstrate remarkable conservation in the mechanism of AppBp1-Uba3 that mirrors its sequence conservation with the Uba1 ubiquitin-activating enzyme. ..
- Baker S, Freeman K, Luby Phelps K, Pazour G, Besharse J. IFT20 links kinesin II with a mammalian intraflagellar transport complex that is conserved in motile flagella and sensory cilia. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:34211-8 pubmed..Our data indicate that all four mammalian IFT proteins are part of a highly conserved complex in multiple ciliated cell types. Furthermore, IFT20 appears to bridge kinesin II with the IFT complex. ..
- Kerlin B, Cooley B, Isermann B, Hernandez I, Sood R, Zogg M, et al. Cause-effect relation between hyperfibrinogenemia and vascular disease. Blood. 2004;103:1728-34 pubmed
- Everard Gigot V, Dunn C, Dolan B, Brunner S, Jensen R, Stuart R. Functional analysis of subunit e of the F1Fo-ATP synthase of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae: importance of the N-terminal membrane anchor region. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:346-55 pubmed..Finally, we propose a model to explain how Su e supports the assembly of the ATP synthase dimers-oligomers in the mitochondrial membrane. ..
- Westfahl K, Merten J, Buchaklian A, Klug C. Functionally important ATP binding and hydrolysis sites in Escherichia coli MsbA. Biochemistry. 2008;47:13878-86 pubmed publisher..This first comprehensive analysis of the specific residues in these motifs within MsbA indicates that closure of the dimer interface does not occur upon ATP binding in this transporter...
- Zhao T, Newman P. Integrin activation by regulated dimerization and oligomerization of platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule (PECAM)-1 from within the cell. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:65-73 pubmed
- Chahdi A, Sorokin A. Protein kinase A-dependent phosphorylation modulates beta1Pix guanine nucleotide exchange factor activity through 14-3-3beta binding. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:1679-87 pubmed..These results indicate that 14-3-3beta negatively affects the GEF activity of dimeric beta(1)Pix only. Altogether, these results provide a mechanistic insight into the role of 14-3-3beta in modulating beta(1)Pix-GEF activity. ..
- Fu Z, Runquist J, Forouhar F, Hussain M, Hunt J, Miziorko H, et al. Crystal structure of human 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA Lyase: insights into catalysis and the molecular basis for hydroxymethylglutaric aciduria. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:7526-32 pubmed..The structure provides a rationale for the decrease in enzyme activity due to clinical mutations, including H233R, R41Q, D42H, and D204N, that compromise active site function or enzyme stability. ..
- Drury L, Ziarek J, Gravel S, Veldkamp C, Takekoshi T, Hwang S, et al. Monomeric and dimeric CXCL12 inhibit metastasis through distinct CXCR4 interactions and signaling pathways. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:17655-60 pubmed publisher..We conclude that cellular migration is tightly regulated by selective CXCR4 signaling evoked by unique interactions with distinct ligand quaternary structures. ..
- Tuinstra R, Peterson F, Kutlesa S, Elgin E, Kron M, Volkman B. Interconversion between two unrelated protein folds in the lymphotactin native state. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:5057-62 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the functional repertoire and regulation of a single naturally occurring amino acid sequence can be expanded by access to a set of highly dissimilar native-state structures. ..
- Saddar S, Stuart R. The yeast F(1)F(0)-ATP synthase: analysis of the molecular organization of subunit g and the importance of a conserved GXXXG motif. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24435-42 pubmed..We suggest that the GXXXG motif may not be the sole basis for a Su g-Su e interaction, and possibly these dimerization motifs may enable both Su g and Su e to interact with another mitochondrial protein. ..
- Buchaklian A, Funk A, Klug C. Resting state conformation of the MsbA homodimer as studied by site-directed spin labeling. Biochemistry. 2004;43:8600-6 pubmed..Characterization of the resting state of the MsbA homodimer is essential for future studies on the functional dynamics of this membrane transporter...
- Tuinstra R, Burgner J, Miziorko H. Investigation of the oligomeric status of the peroxisomal isoform of human 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA lyase. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2002;408:286-94 pubmed..The retention of the basic N-terminal mitochondrial signal sequence in the peroxisomal HMG-CoA lyase isoform may influence elution from Superose gel filtration media but does not alter the oligomeric status of the enzyme. ..
- Saddar S, Dienhart M, Stuart R. The F1F0-ATP synthase complex influences the assembly state of the cytochrome bc1-cytochrome oxidase supercomplex and its association with the TIM23 machinery. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:6677-86 pubmed publisher..e. the ATP synthase, may influence that of another supercomplex, namely the cytochrome bc1-COX complex. ..
- Dienhart M, Pfeiffer K, Schagger H, Stuart R. Formation of the yeast F1F0-ATP synthase dimeric complex does not require the ATPase inhibitor protein, Inh1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:39289-95 pubmed
- Haberichter S, Fahs S, Montgomery R. von Willebrand factor storage and multimerization: 2 independent intracellular processes. Blood. 2000;96:1808-15 pubmed..vW AgII contains the signal(s) required for trafficking to storage, and only through interaction with vW AgII is vWF chaperoned into granules. (Blood. 2000;96:1808-1815) ..
- Fu Z, Wang M, Potter D, Miziorko H, KIM J. The structure of a binary complex between a mammalian mevalonate kinase and ATP: insights into the reaction mechanism and human inherited disease. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:18134-42 pubmed..Ile-268 is located at the dimer interface, and its Thr substitution may disrupt dimer formation. ..