Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Locale: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Publications699 found, 100 shown here
- Yang S, Liang H, Wong Riley M. Activity-dependent transcriptional regulation of nuclear respiratory factor-1 in cultured rat visual cortical neurons. Neuroscience. 2006;141:1181-92 pubmed..These results strongly indicate that the expression and compartmental redistribution of nuclear respiratory factor 1 protein and mRNA in visual cortical neurons are dynamic processes tightly controlled by neuronal activity. ..
- Yoder H, Coggins J. Helminth communities in five species of sympatric amphibians from three adjacent ephemeral ponds in southeastern Wisconsin. J Parasitol. 2007;93:755-60 pubmed..However, effects of size were variable within host species and difficult to separate from other aspects of host ecology...
- Kau K, Madayag A, Mantsch J, Grier M, Abdulhameed O, Baker D. Blunted cystine-glutamate antiporter function in the nucleus accumbens promotes cocaine-induced drug seeking. Neuroscience. 2008;155:530-7 pubmed publisher..Collectively these data establish system xc- in the nucleus accumbens as a key mechanism contributing to cocaine-primed reinstatement...
- Dwinell M, Worthey E, Shimoyama M, Bakir Gungor B, DePons J, Laulederkind S, et al. The Rat Genome Database 2009: variation, ontologies and pathways. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:D744-9 pubmed publisher..By curating, storing, integrating, visualizing and promoting rat data, RGD ensures that the investment made into rat genomics and genetics can be leveraged by all interested investigators. ..
- Salzman N, Hung K, Haribhai D, Chu H, Karlsson Sjöberg J, Amir E, et al. Enteric defensins are essential regulators of intestinal microbial ecology. Nat Immunol. 2010;11:76-83 pubmed publisher..Our data ascribe a new homeostatic role to alpha-defensins in regulating the makeup of the commensal microbiota. ..
- Zielonka J, Sikora A, Hardy M, Joseph J, Dranka B, Kalyanaraman B. Boronate probes as diagnostic tools for real time monitoring of peroxynitrite and hydroperoxides. Chem Res Toxicol. 2012;25:1793-9 pubmed publisher..This perspective highlights potential applications of boronates and other fluorescent probes to high-throughput analyses of peroxynitrite and hydroperoxides in toxicological studies...
- Yassai M, Cooley B, Gorski J. Developmental dynamics of post-selection thymic DN iNKT. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43509 pubmed publisher..These data are an example of measuring T cell maturation in the thymus and show that the maturation dynamics of selected DN iNKT cells fall within the same general time frame as conventional ?? T cells. ..
- Liu W, Fan L, Zhou X, Sweeney W, Avner E, Li X. HDAC6 regulates epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) endocytic trafficking and degradation in renal epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49418 pubmed publisher..Thus, targeting HDAC6 to downregulate EGFR activity may provide a potential therapeutic approach to treat polycystic kidney disease. ..
- Youn Y, Feng J, Tessarollo L, Ito K, Sieber Blum M. Neural crest stem cell and cardiac endothelium defects in the TrkC null mouse. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2003;24:160-70 pubmed
- Truitt R. The Mortimer M. Bortin Lecture: to destroy by the reaction of immunity: the search for separation of graft-versus-leukemia and graft-versus-host. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2004;10:505-23 pubmed
- Coutinho J, Liebeskind D, Slater L, Nogueira R, Baxter B, Levy E, et al. Mechanical Thrombectomy for Isolated M2 Occlusions: A Post Hoc Analysis of the STAR, SWIFT, and SWIFT PRIME Studies. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2016;37:667-72 pubmed publisher..46), or modified Rankin Scale score 0-2 at follow-up (60% versus 56%, P = .64). Endovascular reperfusion therapy appears to be feasible in selected patients with ischemic stroke and an M2 occlusion. ..
- Forster H, Murphy C, Brice A, Pan L, Lowry T. In vivo regulation of plasma [H+] in ponies during acute changes in PCO2. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1990;68:316-21 pubmed..001) when Pco2 was increased from 25 to 55 Torr. A 3.5-meq/l decrease in [Cl-] (P less than 0.001) and a 1.3 +/- 0.1 meq/l increase in [Na+] (P less than 0.001) accounted for the SID change.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Harris M, Ramaswamy K, Kennedy J. Induction of neurally mediated NaHCO3 secretion by luminal distension in rat ileum. Am J Physiol. 1989;257:G191-7 pubmed..Atropine (0.5 mg/kg) had no effect. Our studies demonstrate that distension induces the secretion of Na and HCO3 by the intact ileum. This secretory process may represent a neurally rather than passively mediated mechanism. ..
- Haughton V, Nguyen C, Ho K. The etiology of focal spinal arachnoiditis. An experimental study. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1993;18:1193-8 pubmed..The study suggests that leakage of nucleus pulposus into the epidural space causes an inflammatory response in the arachnoid and epidural spaces. ..
- Ren L, Lewis S, Lech J. Effects of estrogen and nonylphenol on the post-transcriptional regulation of vitellogenin gene expression. Chem Biol Interact. 1996;100:67-76 pubmed..It is suggested that estrogen and nonylphenol may be involved in a post-transcriptional regulation process -- possibly in the initiation of pre-mRNA splicing...
- Lee H, Wang M, Paschke R, Nandy A, Ghisla S, Kim J. Crystal structures of the wild type and the Glu376Gly/Thr255Glu mutant of human medium-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase: influence of the location of the catalytic base on substrate specificity. Biochemistry. 1996;35:12412-20 pubmed
- Hogan Q, McCallum J, Sarantopoulos C, Aason M, Mynlieff M, Kwok W, et al. Painful neuropathy decreases membrane calcium current in mammalian primary afferent neurons. Pain. 2000;86:43-53 pubmed..Altered Ca(2+) signalling in injured sensory neurons may contribute to hyperexcitability leading to neuropathic pain. ..
- Burke J, Cao F, Irving P. High levels of E-/P-cadherin: correlation with decreased apical polarity of Na/K ATPase in bovine RPE cells in situ. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2000;41:1945-52 pubmed
- Cai Y, Singh B, Aslanukov A, Zhao H, Ferreira P. The docking of kinesins, KIF5B and KIF5C, to Ran-binding protein 2 (RanBP2) is mediated via a novel RanBP2 domain. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:41594-602 pubmed..These data provide evidence of a specific docking site in RanBP2 for KIF5B and KIF5C. A model emerges whereby RanBP2 acts as a selective signal integrator of nuclear and cytoplasmic trafficking pathways in neurons. ..
- Tseng L. Evidence for epsilon-opioid receptor-mediated beta-endorphin-induced analgesia. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2001;22:623-30 pubmed
- Badciong J, Haas A. MdmX is a RING finger ubiquitin ligase capable of synergistically enhancing Mdm2 ubiquitination. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:49668-75 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest a more active role for MdmX in the Mdm2-MdmX-p53 regulatory network than has been proposed previously. ..
- Roche J, Wackym P, Cioffi J, Kwitek A, Erbe C, Popper P. In silico analysis of 2085 clones from a normalized rat vestibular periphery 3' cDNA library. Audiol Neurootol. 2005;10:310-22 pubmed..Physiological studies are necessary to further elucidate the roles of the identified genes and novel sequences in vestibular function. ..
- Fu Z, Runquist J, Forouhar F, Hussain M, Hunt J, Miziorko H, et al. Crystal structure of human 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA Lyase: insights into catalysis and the molecular basis for hydroxymethylglutaric aciduria. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:7526-32 pubmed..The structure provides a rationale for the decrease in enzyme activity due to clinical mutations, including H233R, R41Q, D42H, and D204N, that compromise active site function or enzyme stability. ..
- Iliev D, Castellana B, MacKenzie S, Planas J, Goetz F. Cloning and expression analysis of an IL-6 homolog in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Mol Immunol. 2007;44:1803-7 pubmed publisher..Using RT-PCR the IL-6 expression was detected in trout spleen, gill, gastrointestinal tract, ovary and brain. The highest transcript levels were detected in the ovary suggesting that IL-6 may perform specific functions within this organ...
- Wan T, Ge Z, Tampo A, Mio Y, Bienengraeber M, Tracey W, et al. The A3 adenosine receptor agonist CP-532,903 [N6-(2,5-dichlorobenzyl)-3'-aminoadenosine-5'-N-methylcarboxamide] protects against myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury via the sarcolemmal ATP-sensitive potassium channel. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2008;324:234-43 pubmed..We conclude that CP-532,903 is a highly selective agonist of the mouse A(3)AR that protects against ischemia/reperfusion injury by activating sarcolemmal K(ATP) channels. ..
- Merath K, Chang B, Dubielzig R, Jeannotte R, Sidjanin D. A spontaneous mutation in Srebf2 leads to cataracts and persistent skin wounds in the lens opacity 13 (lop13) mouse. Mamm Genome. 2011;22:661-73 pubmed publisher..As such, the lop13 mouse presents an invaluable in vivo model for studying the contribution of Srebf2 and cholesterol to maintaining the homeostasis of the lens and skin. ..
- Subramanian H, Grailer J, Ohlrich K, Rymaszewski A, Loppnow J, Kodera M, et al. Signaling through L-selectin mediates enhanced chemotaxis of lymphocyte subsets to secondary lymphoid tissue chemokine. J Immunol. 2012;188:3223-36 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these results suggest that "cross-talk" in the signaling pathways initiated by L-selectin and CCR7 provides a novel mechanism for functional synergy between these two molecules during lymphocyte migration. ..
- Rush T, Liu X, Nowakowski A, Petering D, Lobner D. Glutathione-mediated neuroprotection against methylmercury neurotoxicity in cortical culture is dependent on MRP1. Neurotoxicology. 2012;33:476-81 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest glutathione offers neuroprotection against MeHg toxicity in a manner dependent on MRP1-mediated efflux. ..
- Mladinov D, Liu Y, Mattson D, Liang M. MicroRNAs contribute to the maintenance of cell-type-specific physiological characteristics: miR-192 targets Na+/K+-ATPase β1. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:1273-83 pubmed publisher..It supports an important role of miRNAs in determining cellular characteristics that may appear subtle yet are physiologically critical. ..
- Jakobi R, Moertl E, Koeppel M. p21-activated protein kinase gamma-PAK suppresses programmed cell death of BALB3T3 fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:16624-34 pubmed..Our results indicate that the ubiquitous gamma-PAK may have a crucial function in cell survival by regulating the pro-apoptotic activity of Bad and the stress-induced activation of ERK, JNK, and p38 pathways. ..
- Gauthier K, Edwards E, Falck J, Reddy D, Campbell W. 14,15-epoxyeicosatrienoic acid represents a transferable endothelium-dependent relaxing factor in bovine coronary arteries. Hypertension. 2005;45:666-71 pubmed..14,15-EEZE blocked the donor artery, endothelium-dependent, bradykinin-induced relaxations, and attenuated relaxations to 14,15-EET. These results suggest that EETs are transferable EDHFs in coronary arteries. ..
- Zhao X, Zhao J, Zhou Q, Sims P. Identity of the residues responsible for the species-restricted complement inhibitory function of human CD59. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:10665-71 pubmed
- Weiler H, Lindner V, Kerlin B, Isermann B, Hendrickson S, Cooley B, et al. Characterization of a mouse model for thrombomodulin deficiency. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2001;21:1531-7 pubmed..The phenotypic penetrance of the TM(Pro) mutation is determined by as-yet-uncharacterized genetic modifiers of thrombosis other than TM. ..
- Lombard J, Sylvester F, Phillips S, Frisbee J. High-salt diet impairs vascular relaxation mechanisms in rat middle cerebral arteries. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2003;284:H1124-33 pubmed..These observations suggest that angiotensin II suppression with a HS diet leads to impaired relaxation of cerebral arteries in response to vasodilator stimuli acting at the cell membrane. ..
- Morrison J, Knoll K, Hessner M, Liang M. Effect of high glucose on gene expression in mesangial cells: upregulation of the thiol pathway is an adaptational response. Physiol Genomics. 2004;17:271-82 pubmed
- Cho Y, Gosain A. Biomaterials in craniofacial reconstruction. Clin Plast Surg. 2004;31:377-85, v pubmed
- Sun J, Maresso A, KIM J, Barbieri J. How bacterial ADP-ribosylating toxins recognize substrates. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2004;11:868-76 pubmed..The electrostatic properties of regions A, B, C and E define the substrate specificity of ExoS and ExoT and these interactions can explain how other bacterial ADP-ribosylating toxins recognize their unique substrates. ..
- Debold E, Romatowski J, Fitts R. The depressive effect of Pi on the force-pCa relationship in skinned single muscle fibers is temperature dependent. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2006;290:C1041-50 pubmed..Consequently, the combined changes in these ions likely account for a greater portion of fatigue than previously predicted based on studies at lower temperatures or high temperatures at saturating Ca(2+) levels...
- Sood R, Kalloway S, Mast A, Hillard C, Weiler H. Fetomaternal cross talk in the placental vascular bed: control of coagulation by trophoblast cells. Blood. 2006;107:3173-80 pubmed
- Hillard C, Ho W, Thompson J, Gauthier K, Wheelock C, Huang H, et al. Inhibition of 2-arachidonoylglycerol catabolism modulates vasoconstriction of rat middle cerebral artery by the thromboxane mimetic, U-46619. Br J Pharmacol. 2007;152:691-8 pubmed..These data suggest that potentiation of endogenously produced 2-AG could be a novel therapeutic approach to the treatment of thrombotic stroke. ..
- Ponomarev E, Maresz K, Tan Y, Dittel B. CNS-derived interleukin-4 is essential for the regulation of autoimmune inflammation and induces a state of alternative activation in microglial cells. J Neurosci. 2007;27:10714-21 pubmed..Macrophages that have undergone alternative activation have been shown to be important in tissue repair; thus, our results suggest a new role for microglial cells in the regulation of inflammation in the CNS. ..
- Maroney S, Cooley B, Sood R, Weiler H, Mast A. Combined tissue factor pathway inhibitor and thrombomodulin deficiency produces an augmented hypercoagulable state with tissue-specific fibrin deposition. J Thromb Haemost. 2008;6:111-7 pubmed..In addition to the placenta, partial TFPI deficiency interacts with decreased TM function in an organ selective manner to produce fibrin deposition in other specific vascular beds, the liver and brain. ..
- Mori T, Polichnowski A, Glocka P, Kaldunski M, Ohsaki Y, Liang M, et al. High perfusion pressure accelerates renal injury in salt-sensitive hypertension. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008;19:1472-82 pubmed publisher..We conclude that elevations of RPP contribute significantly to the fibrosis and epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition found in the early phases of hypertension in the salt-sensitive rat. ..
- Ghasemzadeh M, Windham L, Lake R, Acker C, Kalivas P. Cocaine activates Homer1 immediate early gene transcription in the mesocorticolimbic circuit: differential regulation by dopamine and glutamate signaling. Synapse. 2009;63:42-53 pubmed publisher..Activation of Homer1 gene may contribute to the cocaine-mediated synaptic and behavioral plasticity. ..
- Regner K, Zuk A, Van Why S, Shames B, Ryan R, Falck J, et al. Protective effect of 20-HETE analogues in experimental renal ischemia reperfusion injury. Kidney Int. 2009;75:511-7 pubmed publisher..Analogues of 20-HETE may be useful in the treatment of acute ischemic kidney injury. ..
- Amlie Lefond C, Jubelt B. Neurologic manifestations of varicella zoster virus infections. Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep. 2009;9:430-4 pubmed..Despite the advent of the VZV vaccine, varicella remains a significant cause of neurologic morbidity. ..
- Leonardo S, Josephson J, Hartog N, Gauld S. Altered B cell development and anergy in the absence of Foxp3. J Immunol. 2010;185:2147-56 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that regulatory T cells, by either direct or indirect mechanisms, modulate B cell development and anergy. ..
- Downs S, Ya R, Davis C. Role of AMPK throughout meiotic maturation in the mouse oocyte: evidence for promotion of polar body formation and suppression of premature activation. Mol Reprod Dev. 2010;77:888-99 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that AMPK is involved in a regulatory capacity throughout maturation and helps promote the completion of meiosis while suppressing premature activation. ..
- Dhar S, Wong Riley M. Chromosome conformation capture of transcriptional interactions between cytochrome c oxidase genes and genes of glutamatergic synaptic transmission in neurons. J Neurochem. 2010;115:676-83 pubmed..Thus, an efficient mechanism is in place for coordinating the transcriptional coupling of energy metabolism and glutamatergic neurotransmission at the molecular level in neurons. ..
- Lang I, Medda B, Shaker R. Digestive and respiratory tract motor responses associated with eructation. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2013;304:G1044-53 pubmed publisher..The phases of eructation can be activated independently of one another or in a different manner to participate in physiological events other than eructation that cause gastroesophageal or esophagogastric reflux...
- Valsangkar D, Downs S. A requirement for fatty acid oxidation in the hormone-induced meiotic maturation of mouse oocytes. Biol Reprod. 2013;89:43 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that hormone-induced maturation in mice requires a PRKA-dependent increase in FAO. ..
- Smith A, O Hara C, Stucky C. Mechanical sensitization of cutaneous sensory fibers in the spared nerve injury mouse model. Mol Pain. 2013;9:61 pubmed publisher..These results may provide insight into mechanisms underlying neuropathic pain in humans. ..
- Liu Z, Shipley J, Vu T, Zhou X, Diaz L, Werb Z, et al. Gelatinase B-deficient mice are resistant to experimental bullous pemphigoid. J Exp Med. 1998;188:475-82 pubmed..These results implicate neutrophil-derived gelatinase B in the pathogenesis of experimental BP and might lead to novel therapeutic strategies for BP. ..
- Pieper G, Olds C, Hilton G, Lindholm P, Adams M, Roza A. Antioxidant treatment inhibits activation of myocardial nuclear factor kappa B and inhibits nitrosylation of myocardial heme protein in cardiac transplant rejection. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2001;3:81-8 pubmed
- Subczynski W, Kusumi A. Dynamics of raft molecules in the cell and artificial membranes: approaches by pulse EPR spin labeling and single molecule optical microscopy. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1610:231-43 pubmed..Finally, we propose a thermal Lego model for rafts as the basic building blocks for signaling pathways in the plasma membrane. ..
- Nithipatikom K, Holmes B, Isbell M, Hanke C, Gomez Sanchez C, Campbell W. Measurement of steroid synthesis in zona glomerulosa cells by liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry: inhibition by nitric oxide. Anal Biochem. 2005;337:203-10 pubmed..The technique demonstrates the ability to determine the individual steroid in each enzymatic step of aldosterone synthesis and the activity of steroidogenic enzymes in adrenal ZG cells...
- Lu X, Ferreira P. Identification of novel murine- and human-specific RPGRIP1 splice variants with distinct expression profiles and subcellular localization. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005;46:1882-90 pubmed..The results further strengthen the model of the selective participation of distinct RPGRIP1 isoforms in different subcellular processes and molecular pathogenesis of RPGRIP1-allied diseases. ..
- Liu Y, Bubolz A, Shi Y, Newman P, Newman D, Gutterman D. Peroxynitrite reduces the endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor component of coronary flow-mediated dilation in PECAM-1-knockout mice. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2006;290:R57-65 pubmed..In the absence of this adhesion and signaling molecule, ONOO- production is increased concomitant with a reduction in both the EDHF and INDO-sensitive components of FMD. ..
- Kerschner J, Yang C, Burrows A, Cioffi J. Signaling pathways in interleukin-1beta-mediated middle ear mucin secretion. Laryngoscope. 2006;116:207-11 pubmed..PC-PLC, PKC, and NOS pathways play a role in the increased secretion of mucin in middle ear epithelial cells after exposure to IL-1beta. ..
- Carrier E, Auchampach J, Hillard C. Inhibition of an equilibrative nucleoside transporter by cannabidiol: a mechanism of cannabinoid immunosuppression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:7895-900 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that CBD has the ability to enhance adenosine signaling through inhibition of uptake and provide a non-cannabinoid receptor mechanism by which CBD can decrease inflammation. ..
- Kunert M, Drenjancevic Peric I, Dwinell M, Lombard J, Cowley A, Greene A, et al. Consomic strategies to localize genomic regions related to vascular reactivity in the Dahl salt-sensitive rat. Physiol Genomics. 2006;26:218-25 pubmed..Because the BN chromosome is removed from its native background and the SS rat loses a native chromosome, it is also necessary to consider the contribution of changes in gene-to-gene interaction. ..
- LaRosa C, Downs S. Meiotic induction by heat stress in mouse oocytes: involvement of AMP-activated protein kinase and MAPK family members. Biol Reprod. 2007;76:476-86 pubmed..Collectively, these data show that an acute heat pulse stimulates GVB in meiotically arrested oocytes and suggest that this effect is mediated through the activation of PRKA. ..
- Ponomarev E, Shriver L, Maresz K, Pedras Vasconcelos J, Verthelyi D, Dittel B. GM-CSF production by autoreactive T cells is required for the activation of microglial cells and the onset of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Immunol. 2007;178:39-48 pubmed..These data also demonstrate that GM-CSF is a critical Th1 cell-derived cytokine required for the initiation of CNS inflammation associated with EAE, and likely MS. ..
- Maresz K, Pryce G, Ponomarev E, Marsicano G, Croxford J, Shriver L, et al. Direct suppression of CNS autoimmune inflammation via the cannabinoid receptor CB1 on neurons and CB2 on autoreactive T cells. Nat Med. 2007;13:492-7 pubmed..Together, our results demonstrate that the cannabinoid system within the CNS plays a critical role in regulating autoimmune inflammation, with the CNS directly suppressing T-cell effector function via the CB(2) receptor. ..
- Strande J, Hsu A, Su J, Fu X, Gross G, Baker J. SCH 79797, a selective PAR1 antagonist, limits myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury in rat hearts. Basic Res Cardiol. 2007;102:350-8 pubmed
- Williams J, Sharma M, Anjaiahh S, Falck J, Roman R. Role of endogenous CYP450 metabolites of arachidonic acid in maintaining the glomerular protein permeability barrier. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2007;293:F501-5 pubmed..These results indicate that glomeruli produce 20-HETE, EETs, diHETEs, and HETEs and that endogenously formed 20-HETE and EETs play an essential role in the maintenance of the glomerular permeability barrier to albumin. ..
- Chandrasekar I, Eis A, Konduri G. Betamethasone attenuates oxidant stress in endothelial cells from fetal lambs with persistent pulmonary hypertension. Pediatr Res. 2008;63:67-72 pubmed..Betamethasone reversed the increased superoxide/decreased cGMP levels and restored Hsp90-eNOS interactions in PPHN. Betamethasone reduces oxidative stress and improves response of pulmonary arteries to vasodilators in lambs with PPHN. ..
- Tabatabai N, Sharma M, Blumenthal S, Petering D. Enhanced expressions of sodium-glucose cotransporters in the kidneys of diabetic Zucker rats. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2009;83:e27-30 pubmed publisher..SGLTs expressions in pre-diabetic obese rats were similar to leans. SGLT1 and SGLT2 levels in diabetic obese rats were 1.6 (P<0.03) and 4.8 (P<0.002) folds higher than age-matched leans, respectively...
- Chen X, Das R, Komorowski R, Beres A, Hessner M, Mihara M, et al. Blockade of interleukin-6 signaling augments regulatory T-cell reconstitution and attenuates the severity of graft-versus-host disease. Blood. 2009;114:891-900 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that antibody blockade of the IL-6R serves to recalibrate the effector and regulatory arms of the immune system and represents a novel, potentially clinically translatable, strategy for the attenuation of GVHD. ..
- Kanaji T, Ware J, Okamura T, Newman P. GPIb? regulates platelet size by controlling the subcellular localization of filamin. Blood. 2012;119:2906-13 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data demonstrate that coordinated expression of GPIb? and filamin is required for efficient trafficking of either protein to the cell surface, and for production of normal-sized platelets. ..
- Tewari S, Dash R, Beard D, Bazil J. A biophysical model of the mitochondrial ATP-Mg/P(i) carrier. Biophys J. 2012;103:1616-25 pubmed publisher..Moreover, computer simulations demonstrate that extramatrix Ca(2+) modulates the turnover rate of the APC and not the binding affinity of ATP, as previously suggested. ..
- Barabas M, Stucky C. TRPV1, but not TRPA1, in primary sensory neurons contributes to cutaneous incision-mediated hypersensitivity. Mol Pain. 2013;9:9 pubmed publisher..These channels are also expressed extensively in cutaneous nerve fibers. Therefore, we investigated whether TRPA1 and TRPV1 contribute to mechanical and heat hypersensitivity following skin-only surgical incision...
- Reis L, Tyler R, Muheisen S, Raggio V, Salviati L, Han D, et al. Whole exome sequencing in dominant cataract identifies a new causative factor, CRYBA2, and a variety of novel alleles in known genes. Hum Genet. 2013;132:761-70 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these data suggest that less than half of dominant cataract can be explained by mutations in currently known genes...
- Broniowska K, Diers A, Corbett J, Hogg N. Effect of nitric oxide on naphthoquinone toxicity in endothelial cells: role of bioenergetic dysfunction and poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase activation. Biochemistry. 2013;52:4364-72 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the mechanisms by which ROS and NO induce endothelial cell death are closely linked to the maintenance of mitochondrial function and not overactivation of PARP. ..
- Wrighton S, VandenBranden M. Isolation and characterization of human fetal liver cytochrome P450HLp2: a third member of the P450III gene family. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1989;268:144-51 pubmed..These results demonstrate that HLp2 and HLp are highly related but distinct proteins and that HLp2 is a member of the steroid-inducible P450III gene family. ..
- Zhang D, Chen Y, Campbell W, Zou A, Gross G, Li P. Characteristics and superoxide-induced activation of reconstituted myocardial mitochondrial ATP-sensitive potassium channels. Circ Res. 2001;89:1177-83 pubmed..activates these channels. The effect of O(2-.) may be associated with its direct action on the sulfhydryl groups of the channel protein. ..
- Stucke A, Zuperku E, Tonkovic Capin V, Tonkovic Capin M, Hopp F, Kampine J, et al. Halothane depresses glutamatergic neurotransmission to brain stem inspiratory premotor neurons in a decerebrate dog model. Anesthesiology. 2003;98:897-905 pubmed..The authors investigated the effect of halothane on these synaptic mechanisms in decerebrate dogs...
- Wendler C, Schmoldt A, Flentke G, Case L, Quadro L, Blaner W, et al. Increased fibronectin deposition in embryonic hearts of retinol-binding protein-null mice. Circ Res. 2003;92:920-8 pubmed..This murine model may have relevance to fetal development in human populations with inadequate retinoid intake. ..
- Krall R, Zhang Y, Barbieri J. Intracellular membrane localization of pseudomonas ExoS and Yersinia YopE in mammalian cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:2747-53 pubmed..These data indicate that the YopE MLD functionally complements the ExoS MLD for intracellular targeting in mammalian cells. ..
- Weihrauch D, Lohr N, Mraovic B, Ludwig L, Chilian W, Pagel P, et al. Chronic hyperglycemia attenuates coronary collateral development and impairs proliferative properties of myocardial interstitial fluid by production of angiostatin. Circulation. 2004;109:2343-8 pubmed
- Norenberg K, Fitts R. Contractile responses of the rat gastrocnemius and soleus muscles to isotonic resistance exercise. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2004;97:2322-32 pubmed..These results indicate that isotonic resistance exercise of the calf targets the Gast (type I and type IIa fibers) and has little effect on the Sol. ..
- Yamaguchi S, Wiessner J, Hasegawa A, Hung L, Mandel G, Mandel N. Study of a rat model for calcium oxalate crystal formation without severe renal damage in selected conditions. Int J Urol. 2005;12:290-8 pubmed..Either and/or both COM and COD might form and interact with kidney epithelium. We propose different experimental conditions to study the various phases of calcium oxalate stone formation in young male SD rats. ..
- Battle M, Konopka G, Parviz F, Gaggl A, Yang C, Sladek F, et al. Hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha orchestrates expression of cell adhesion proteins during the epithelial transformation of the developing liver. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:8419-24 pubmed..Our findings define a fundamental mechanism through which generation of tissue epithelia during development is coordinated with the onset of organ function. ..
- Liang M, Pietrusz J. Thiol-related genes in diabetic complications: a novel protective role for endogenous thioredoxin 2. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:77-83 pubmed..These results provided the first expression profile of thiol-related genes in a model of diabetes and demonstrated a novel role for endogenous thioredoxin 2 in protecting cells against high ambient glucose. ..
- Baye L, Link B. Interkinetic nuclear migration and the selection of neurogenic cell divisions during vertebrate retinogenesis. J Neurosci. 2007;27:10143-52 pubmed