Experts and Doctors on flagella in Seattle, Washington, United States
Locale: Seattle, Washington, United States
- Brown K, Hughes K. The role of anti-sigma factors in gene regulation. Mol Microbiol. 1995;16:397-404 pubmed..In B. subtilis, anti anti-sigma factors regulate anti-sigma factors by preventing an anti-sigma factor from interacting with its cognate sigma factors, thereby allowing transcription to occur. ..
- Simpson D, Ramphal R, Lory S. Characterization of Pseudomonas aeruginosa fliO, a gene involved in flagellar biosynthesis and adherence. Infect Immun. 1995;63:2950-7 pubmed..Further study should reveal the precise role of P. aeruginosa FliO in non-pilus-mediated adherence, which could include regulation of expression or localization of a nonpilus adhesin. ..
- Hughes K, Gillen K, Semon M, Karlinsey J. Sensing structural intermediates in bacterial flagellar assembly by export of a negative regulator. Science. 1993;262:1277-80 pubmed..These results suggest that the FlgM protein assesses the integrity of the flagellar hook-basal body complex by itself being a substrate for export by the flagellar-specific export apparatus. ..
- Karlinsey J, Pease A, Winkler M, Bailey J, Hughes K. The flk gene of Salmonella typhimurium couples flagellar P- and L-ring assembly to flagellar morphogenesis. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:2389-400 pubmed..This finding predicts Flk to be inserted into the cytoplasmic membrane facing inside the cytoplasm. ..
- Hughes K, Mathee K. The anti-sigma factors. Annu Rev Microbiol. 1998;52:231-86 pubmed..The range of cell processes regulated by anti-sigma factors is highly varied and includes bacteriophage phage growth, sporulation, stress response, flagellar biosynthesis, pigment production, ion transport, and virulence. ..