Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Locale: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Topic: reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction
- Wang Y, Grainger D. siRNA knock-down of RANK signaling to control osteoclast-mediated bone resorption. Pharm Res. 2010;27:1273-84 pubmed publisher..RANK is demonstrated to be an attractive target for siRNA control of osteoclast activity, with utility for development of new therapeutics for low bone mass pathologies or osteoporosis. ..
- Covey T, Edes K, Fitzpatrick F. Akt activation by arachidonic acid metabolism occurs via oxidation and inactivation of PTEN tumor suppressor. Oncogene. 2007;26:5784-92 pubmed
- Li B, Vachali P, Frederick J, Bernstein P. Identification of StARD3 as a lutein-binding protein in the macula of the primate retina. Biochemistry. 2011;50:2541-9 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate previously unrecognized, specific interactions of StARD3 with lutein and provide novel avenues for exploring its roles in human macular physiology and disease. ..
- Joss Moore L, Wang Y, Campbell M, Moore B, Yu X, Callaway C, et al. Uteroplacental insufficiency increases visceral adiposity and visceral adipose PPARgamma2 expression in male rat offspring prior to the onset of obesity. Early Hum Dev. 2010;86:179-85 pubmed publisher..We speculate that the increase in visceral adiposity may contribute to the metabolic morbidities experienced by this population. ..
- Sun R, Miller R, Hemmert A, Zhang P, Shi H, Nelson R, et al. Chronic dDAVP infusion in rats decreases the expression of P2Y2 receptor in inner medulla and P2Y2 receptor-mediated PGE2 release by IMCD. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2005;289:F768-76 pubmed..In conclusion, chronic dDAVP infusion decreases the expression and activity of P2Y2-R in IM. This may be due to a direct effect of dDAVP or dDAVP-induced increase in medullary tonicity. ..
- O Brien E, Barnes V, Zhao L, McKnight R, Yu X, Callaway C, et al. Uteroplacental insufficiency decreases p53 serine-15 phosphorylation in term IUGR rat lungs. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2007;293:R314-22 pubmed..We speculate that decreased p53 serine-15P in IUGR rat lungs alters lung phenotype, making the IUGR lung more susceptible to subsequent injury. ..
- Gajewiak J, Tsukahara R, Tsukahara T, Fujiwara Y, Yu S, Lu Y, et al. Alkoxymethylenephosphonate analogues of (Lyso) phosphatidic acid stimulate signaling networks coupled to the LPA2 receptor. ChemMedChem. 2007;2:1789-98 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that the MP analogues may selectively activate signaling via the LPA(2) receptor subtype, while simultaneously suppressing signaling through the LPA(1) and LPA(3) subtypes. ..
- Kirkman N, Libbey J, Wilcox K, White H, Fujinami R. Innate but not adaptive immune responses contribute to behavioral seizures following viral infection. Epilepsia. 2010;51:454-64 pubmed publisher..This model is a potential infection-driven model of mesial temporal lobe epilepsy with hippocampal sclerosis. ..
- Wiles E, Lui Sargent B, Bell R, Lessnick S. BCL11B is up-regulated by EWS/FLI and contributes to the transformed phenotype in Ewing sarcoma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59369 pubmed publisher..These data define a new pathway downstream of EWS/FLI required for oncogenic maintenance in Ewing sarcoma. ..
- Chen J, He L, Dinger B, Stensaas L, Fidone S. Chronic hypoxia upregulates connexin43 expression in rat carotid body and petrosal ganglion. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2002;92:1480-6 pubmed..Increased Cx43 expression and gap junction formation in type I cells and sensory neurons may contribute to carotid body adaptation during sustained stimulation in extreme physiological conditions. ..
- Lemons M, Barua S, Abanto M, Halfter W, Condic M. Adaptation of sensory neurons to hyalectin and decorin proteoglycans. J Neurosci. 2005;25:4964-73 pubmed
- Gouw L, Reading N, Jenson S, Lim M, Elenitoba Johnson K. Expression of the Rho-family GTPase gene RHOF in lymphocyte subsets and malignant lymphomas. Br J Haematol. 2005;129:531-3 pubmed..Neoplastic cells and tissues of B-cell origin expressed higher levels of RHOF than their benign cellular counterparts. Relatively elevated levels of RHOF were seen in lymphomas derived from germinal centre origin. ..
- Liu X, He L, Stensaas L, Dinger B, Fidone S. Adaptation to chronic hypoxia involves immune cell invasion and increased expression of inflammatory cytokines in rat carotid body. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2009;296:L158-66 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that chemoreceptor adaptation involves novel neuroimmune mechanisms, which may alter the functional phenotypes of type I cells and chemoafferent neurons. ..
- Fu Q, McKnight R, Yu X, Wang L, Callaway C, Lane R. Uteroplacental insufficiency induces site-specific changes in histone H3 covalent modifications and affects DNA-histone H3 positioning in day 0 IUGR rat liver. Physiol Genomics. 2004;20:108-16 pubmed..We speculate that in utero alterations of chromatin structure contribute to fetal programming. ..
- Jia Z, Aoyagi T, Yang T. mPGES-1 protects against DOCA-salt hypertension via inhibition of oxidative stress or stimulation of NO/cGMP. Hypertension. 2010;55:539-46 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that mPGES-1-derived PGE(2) confers protection against DOCA-salt hypertension likely via inhibition of oxidative stress or stimulation of superoxide dismutase-3 and urinary nitrate/nitrite system. ..
- Donius L, Orlando C, Weis J, Weis J. Generation of a novel Cr2 gene allele by homologous recombination that abrogates production of Cr2 but is sufficient for expression of Cr1. Immunobiology. 2014;219:53-63 pubmed publisher..The Cr2KO mouse thus provides a new model system for the analysis of Cr1 and Cr2 functions in the immune response of the mouse. ..
- Wang Y, Tran K, Shen H, Grainger D. Selective local delivery of RANK siRNA to bone phagocytes using bone augmentation biomaterials. Biomaterials. 2012;33:8540-7 pubmed publisher..This local delivery system delivers siRNA therapeutics directly to osteoporosis sites from clinically familiar injected bone augmentation materials but could be extended to other injectable biomaterials for local siRNA delivery...
- Joyner D, Trang S, Aboulafia A, Damron T, Randall R, Randall R. FAP-associated desmoid invasiveness correlates with in vitro resistance to doxorubicin. Fam Cancer. 2009;8:569-80 pubmed publisher..Three genes associated with apoptosis were identified by microarray, two prosurvival genes overexpressed in FAP-associated cell cultures (NTN1, TNFRSF10C) and one proapoptosis gene overexpressed in sporadic tumor cell cultures (FOXL2). ..
- Haldar M, Hancock J, Coffin C, Lessnick S, Capecchi M. A conditional mouse model of synovial sarcoma: insights into a myogenic origin. Cancer Cell. 2007;11:375-88 pubmed..We also show that early widespread expression of the fusion protein disrupts normal embryogenesis, causing lethality. ..
- Tabbi Anneni I, Cooksey R, Gunda V, Liu S, Mueller A, Song G, et al. Overexpression of nuclear receptor SHP in adipose tissues affects diet-induced obesity and adaptive thermogenesis. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2010;298:E961-70 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, SHP activation in adipocytes strongly affects weight gain and diet-induced obesity. Developing a synthetic compound to antagonize the effect of SHP may prove to be useful in treating obesity. ..
- Domeier M, Morse D, Knight S, Portereiko M, Bass B, Mango S. A link between RNA interference and nonsense-mediated decay in Caenorhabditis elegans. Science. 2000;289:1928-31 pubmed..The levels of target messenger RNAs were restored during recovery, and RNA editing and degradation of the dsRNA were identical to those of the wild type. We suggest that persistence of RNA interference relies on a subset of smg genes. ..
- Rohrwasser A, Ishigami T, Gociman B, Lantelme P, Morgan T, Cheng T, et al. Renin and kallikrein in connecting tubule of mouse. Kidney Int. 2003;64:2155-62 pubmed..By contrast, lower excretion of active renin and prorenin in TK(-/-) compared to TK(+/+) suggest coordinated regulation of the two proteins in their participation to collecting duct function. ..
- Rai K, Jafri I, Chidester S, James S, Karpf A, Cairns B, et al. Dnmt3 and G9a cooperate for tissue-specific development in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:4110-21 pubmed publisher..We propose a model wherein specific DNMT-histone methyltransferase networks are utilized to silence critical regulators of cell fate in a tissue-specific manner. ..
- Tanaka M, Hennebold J, Macfarlane J, Adashi E. A mammalian oocyte-specific linker histone gene H1oo: homology with the genes for the oocyte-specific cleavage stage histone (cs-H1) of sea urchin and the B4/H1M histone of the frog. Development. 2001;128:655-64 pubmed
- Lee J, Wu S, Goering L, Dorsky R. Canonical Wnt signaling through Lef1 is required for hypothalamic neurogenesis. Development. 2006;133:4451-61 pubmed..The conserved presence of this pathway in other vertebrates suggests a common mechanism for regulating hypothalamic neurogenesis. ..
- Smith R, Young J, Weis J, Weis J. Expression of the mouse fragilis gene products in immune cells and association with receptor signaling complexes. Genes Immun. 2006;7:113-21 pubmed..The mouse functional equivalent to human Leu-13 may not be single gene product, but instead may require the contribution of multiple fragilis proteins. ..
- Lin Z, Fillmore G, Um T, Elenitoba Johnson K, Lim M. Comparative microarray analysis of gene expression during activation of human peripheral blood T cells and leukemic Jurkat T cells. Lab Invest. 2003;83:765-76 pubmed
- Yost C, Denis M, Lindemann S, Rubner F, Marathe G, Buerke M, et al. Activated polymorphonuclear leukocytes rapidly synthesize retinoic acid receptor-alpha: a mechanism for translational control of transcriptional events. J Exp Med. 2004;200:671-80 pubmed..Rapid expression of a transcription factor under translational control is a previously unrecognized mechanism in human PMNs that indicates unexpected diversity in gene regulation in this critical innate immune effector cell. ..
- Bastien R, Rodriguez Lescure A, Ebbert M, Prat A, Munarriz B, Rowe L, et al. PAM50 breast cancer subtyping by RT-qPCR and concordance with standard clinical molecular markers. BMC Med Genomics. 2012;5:44 pubmed publisher..Although there is high agreement between biomarker scoring by protein immunohistochemistry and gene expression, the gene expression determinations for ESR1 and ERBB2 status was more prognostic. ..
- Green Y, Vetter M. EBF proteins participate in transcriptional regulation of Xenopus muscle development. Dev Biol. 2011;358:240-50 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that EBF activity is important for both stabilizing commitment and driving aspects of differentiation in Xenopus muscle cells...
- Major M, Jones D. Identification of a gadd45beta 3' enhancer that mediates SMAD3- and SMAD4-dependent transcriptional induction by transforming growth factor beta. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:5278-87 pubmed..These data support a role for SMAD3 and SMAD4 in activating gadd45beta through its third intron to facilitate G2 progression following TGFbeta treatment. ..
- Knight S, Bass B. A role for the RNase III enzyme DCR-1 in RNA interference and germ line development in Caenorhabditis elegans. Science. 2001;293:2269-71 pubmed..Mutant animals have germ line defects that lead to sterility, suggesting that cleavage of dsRNA to short pieces is a requisite event in normal development. ..
- Roundy K, Smith R, Weis J, Weis J. Overexpression of RANKL implicates IFN-beta-mediated elimination of B-cell precursors in the osteopetrotic bone of microphthalmic mice. J Bone Miner Res. 2003;18:278-88 pubmed..A model is proposed suggesting excess RANKL sets off a cascade of cytokine production including IFN-beta that leads to the preferential elimination of B-cell precursors in the marrow of osteopetrotic marrow. ..
- Miller J, Maylor Hagen H, Ma Y, Weis J, Weis J. The Lyme disease spirochete Borrelia burgdorferi utilizes multiple ligands, including RNA, for interferon regulatory factor 3-dependent induction of type I interferon-responsive genes. Infect Immun. 2010;78:3144-53 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that B. burgdorferi invasion of joint tissue and the resultant type I IFN induction associated with Lyme arthritis development may involve multiple triggering ligands. ..
- Frazer J, Meeker N, Rudner L, Bradley D, Smith A, Demarest B, et al. Heritable T-cell malignancy models established in a zebrafish phenotypic screen. Leukemia. 2009;23:1825-35 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have identified multiple zebrafish mutants that recapitulate human T-cell neoplasia and show heritable transmission. These vertebrate models provide new genetic platforms for the study of these important human cancers. ..
- Chandra P, Bao L, Song K, Aboulnasr F, Baker D, Shores N, et al. HCV infection selectively impairs type I but not type III IFN signaling. Am J Pathol. 2014;184:214-29 pubmed publisher..The results also indicate that inhibition of ER stress and of the autophagy response overcomes IFN-?+RBV resistance mechanisms associated with HCV infection. ..
- Li Y, Wende A, Nunthakungwan O, Huang Y, Hu E, Jin H, et al. Cytosolic, but not mitochondrial, oxidative stress is a likely contributor to cardiac hypertrophy resulting from cardiac specific GLUT4 deletion in mice. FEBS J. 2012;279:599-611 pubmed publisher..The ability of tempol to attenuate cardiac hypertrophy suggests that a cytosolic source of reactive oxygen species, probably NOX2, may contribute to the hypertrophic phenotype in G4H(-/-) mice. ..
- Li L, Murdock G, Bagley D, Jia X, Ward D, Kaplan J. Genetic dissection of a mitochondria-vacuole signaling pathway in yeast reveals a link between chronic oxidative stress and vacuolar iron transport. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:10232-42 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that mitochondria-induced oxidant damage is responsible for activating Ccc1 and that Fra1 and Tsa1 can reduce oxidant damage. ..
- Hourvitz A, Kuwahara A, Hennebold J, Tavares A, Negishi H, Lee T, et al. The regulated expression of the pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A in the rodent ovary: a proposed role in the development of dominant follicles and of corpora lutea. Endocrinology. 2002;143:1833-44 pubmed..Accordingly, successful antral follicle development, ovulation, and corpus luteum formation may be contingent on an IGFBP-4-deplete/PAPP-A-replete circumstance, hence resulting in an IGF-I-replete intrafollicular microenvironment. ..
- Luo W, Peterson A, Garcia B, Coombs G, Kofahl B, Heinrich R, et al. Protein phosphatase 1 regulates assembly and function of the beta-catenin degradation complex. EMBO J. 2007;26:1511-21 pubmed..Specific inhibition of PP1 in this pathway may offer therapeutic approaches to disorders with increased beta-catenin signaling. ..
- Huang J, Jones D, Luo B, Sanderson M, Soto J, Abel E, et al. Iron overload and diabetes risk: a shift from glucose to Fatty Acid oxidation and increased hepatic glucose production in a mouse model of hereditary hemochromatosis. Diabetes. 2011;60:80-7 pubmed publisher..Increased hepatic glucose production and metabolic inflexibility, both of which are characteristics of type 2 diabetes, may contribute to the risk of diabetes with excessive tissue iron. ..
- Frank D, Emechebe U, Thomas K, Moon A. Mouse TBX3 mutants suggest novel molecular mechanisms for Ulnar-mammary syndrome. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67841 pubmed publisher..The possibility that mechanisms in addition to TBX3 haploinsufficiency may cause UMS or other malformations merits investigation in the human UMS population. ..
- Tang J, Neidigh J, Cooksey R, McClain D. Transgenic mice with increased hexosamine flux specifically targeted to beta-cells exhibit hyperinsulinemia and peripheral insulin resistance. Diabetes. 2000;49:1492-9 pubmed..Increased hexosamine flux in the beta-cell results in hyperinsulinemia, insulin resistance, and (in males) mild type 2 diabetes. ..
- She R, Taggart E, Ruegner R, Hymas W, Bender J, Weir P, et al. Identifying respiratory viruses in nasal mucus from children. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2010;29:970-2 pubmed
- Chen C, Zhang K, Church Kopish J, Huang W, Zhang H, Chen Y, et al. Characterization of human GRK7 as a potential cone opsin kinase. Mol Vis. 2001;7:305-13 pubmed..The absence of GRK7 expression in cone outer segments of mice is consistent with the notion that mouse cones rely solely on GRK1 to shutoff cone visual pigments. ..
- McFarland A, Horner S, Jarret A, Joslyn R, Bindewald E, Shapiro B, et al. The favorable IFNL3 genotype escapes mRNA decay mediated by AU-rich elements and hepatitis C virus-induced microRNAs. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:72-9 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a previously unknown mechanism by which HCV attenuates the antiviral response and indicate new potential therapeutic targets for HCV treatment. ..
- Liu H, Ye W, Guan G, Dong Z, Jia Z, Yang T. Developmental regulation of calcineurin isoforms in the rodent kidney: association with COX-2. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2007;293:F1898-904 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that renal Cn isoforms are subject to normal developmental regulation and they may play a role in postnatal kidney development via interaction with COX-2. ..
- Gardner A, Reichert E, Alexander T, Topham M, Stafforini D. Novel mechanism for regulation of plasma platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase expression in mammalian cells. Biochem J. 2010;428:269-79 pubmed publisher..These studies provide insights that contribute to our understanding of the molecular features and mechanisms that contribute to differential expression of plasma PAF-AH in mammals. ..
- Margraf R, Chen Y, Garrison S, Weis J, Weis J. Genomic organization, chromosomal localization, and transcriptional variants of the murine Pactolus gene. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:1075-81 pubmed..The formation of the Pactolus B and C forms is thus governed by a complex alternative splicing mechanism that is affected by the developmental status of the animal. ..
- Imanishi Y, Yang L, Sokal I, Filipek S, Palczewski K, Baehr W. Diversity of guanylate cyclase-activating proteins (GCAPs) in teleost fish: characterization of three novel GCAPs (GCAP4, GCAP5, GCAP7) from zebrafish (Danio rerio) and prediction of eight GCAPs (GCAP1-8) in pufferfish (Fugu rubripes). J Mol Evol. 2004;59:204-217 pubmed publisher..Based on genome searches and EST analyses, the mouse and human genomes do not harbor GCAP4-8 or GCIP genes. ..
- Vaughn C, Wilson A, Samowitz W. Quantitative evaluation of CpG island methylation in hyperplastic polyps. Mod Pathol. 2010;23:151-6 pubmed publisher..If these polyps are the precursor for sporadic microsatellite unstable cancers, then MLH1 methylation and higher degrees of promoter methylation in general occur at a later stage of carcinogenesis. ..
- Kang J, Shen Z, Lim J, Handa H, Wells L, Tantin D. Regulation of Oct1/Pou2f1 transcription activity by O-GlcNAcylation. FASEB J. 2013;27:2807-17 pubmed publisher..We also, for the first time, identify specific Oct1 ubiquitination sites. The findings suggest that Oct1 integrates metabolic and stress signals via O-GlcNAc modification to regulate target gene activity. ..
- Huang J, Simcox J, Mitchell T, Jones D, Cox J, Luo B, et al. Iron regulates glucose homeostasis in liver and muscle via AMP-activated protein kinase in mice. FASEB J. 2013;27:2845-54 pubmed publisher..In summary, a diet high in iron improves glucose tolerance by activating AMPK through mechanisms that include deacetylation. ..
- Kesavaraju B, Farajollahi A, Lampman R, Hutchinson M, Krasavin N, Graves S, et al. Evaluation of a rapid analyte measurement platform for West Nile virus detection based on United States mosquito control programs. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2012;87:359-63 pubmed..We discuss the potential issues and solutions that could prevent the high rate of false positives. ..
- Hojgaard A, Close R, Dunn D, Weiss R, Weis J, Weis J. Altered localization of CXCL13 expressing cells in mice deficient in Pactolus following an inflammatory stimulus. Immunology. 2006;119:212-23 pubmed..These data suggest that during an inflammatory response, Pactolus may help retain CXCL13-expressing cells within the peritoneal environment. ..
- Kanekar S, Gandham M, Lucero M. PACAP protects against TNF?-induced cell death in olfactory epithelium and olfactory placodal cell lines. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2010;45:345-54 pubmed publisher..PACAP may therefore function through PAC1 receptors to protect neurons from cell death during inflammatory cytokine release in vivo as would occur upon viral infection or allergic rhinitis-associated injury. ..
- Nadauld L, Sandoval I, Chidester S, Yost H, Jones D. Adenomatous polyposis coli control of retinoic acid biosynthesis is critical for zebrafish intestinal development and differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:51581-9 pubmed..Our data establish a genetic link supporting a critical role for retinoic acid downstream of APC and confirm the importance of retinoic acid in enterocyte differentiation. ..
- Frizzell K, Rynearson S, Metzstein M. Drosophila mutants show NMD pathway activity is reduced, but not eliminated, in the absence of Smg6. RNA. 2012;18:1475-86 pubmed publisher..elegans and yeast. ..
- Fillmore G, Wang Q, Carey M, Kim C, Elenitoba Johnson K, Lim M. Expression of Akt (protein kinase B) and its isoforms in malignant lymphomas. Leuk Lymphoma. 2005;46:1765-73 pubmed..The results suggest that there is constitutive activation of Akt in the majority of primary human lymphomas and hematopoietic cell lines and support its proposed key role in lymphoma cell survival. ..
- Hymas W, Mills A, Ferguson S, Langer J, She R, Mahoney W, et al. Development of a multiplex real-time RT-PCR assay for detection of influenza A, influenza B, RSV and typing of the 2009-H1N1 influenza virus. J Virol Methods. 2010;167:113-8 pubmed publisher..Overall, this multiplexed format proved to be sensitive, robust and easy to use and serves as a useful tool for pandemic testing. ..
- Lewis T, Coffin C, Bernard P. Differentiating Ewing's sarcoma from other round blue cell tumors using a RT-PCR translocation panel on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues. Mod Pathol. 2007;20:397-404 pubmed..Our real-time RT-PCR assay for detecting sarcoma translocations has high sensitivity and specificity for Ewing's sarcoma and has clinical utility in differentiating small round blue cell tumors in the clinical lab. ..
- Hussong J, Rodgers G, Shami P. Evidence of increased angiogenesis in patients with acute myeloid leukemia. Blood. 2000;95:309-13 pubmed..These observations suggest that angiogenesis may play a role in the pathogenesis of AML. Inhibition of angiogenesis could constitute a novel strategy for the treatment of AML. (Blood. 2000;95:309-313). ..
- Gaddam D, Stevens N, Hollien J. Comparison of mRNA localization and regulation during endoplasmic reticulum stress in Drosophila cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:14-20 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that while translation is generally attenuated during ER stress, continued translation of certain messages can protect them from degradation by RIDD. ..
- Cao Y, Dave K, Doan T, Prescott S. Fatty acid CoA ligase 4 is up-regulated in colon adenocarcinoma. Cancer Res. 2001;61:8429-34 pubmed..These findings suggest that the FACL4 pathway may be important in colon carcinogenesis, and that the development of selective inhibitors for FACL4 may be a worthy effort in the prevention and treatment of colon cancer. ..
- Maiti B, Arbogast S, Allamand V, Moyle M, Anderson C, Richard P, et al. A mutation in the SEPN1 selenocysteine redefinition element (SRE) reduces selenocysteine incorporation and leads to SEPN1-related myopathy. Hum Mutat. 2009;30:411-6 pubmed publisher..This data highlights the importance of the SRE element during SelN expression and illustrates a novel molecular mechanism by which point mutations may lead to SEPN1-related myopathy. ..
- Wang N, Yang G, Jia Z, Zhang H, Aoyagi T, Soodvilai S, et al. Vascular PPARgamma controls circadian variation in blood pressure and heart rate through Bmal1. Cell Metab. 2008;8:482-91 pubmed publisher..These studies have uncovered a role for vascular PPARgamma as a peripheral factor participating in regulation of cardiovascular rhythms. ..
- Qazi Y, Stagg B, Singh N, Singh S, Zhang X, Luo L, et al. Nanoparticle-mediated delivery of shRNA.VEGF-a plasmids regresses corneal neovascularization. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:2837-44 pubmed publisher..shRNA) against VEGF-A-loaded poly(lactic co-glycolic acid) nanoparticles (PLGA NPs) in the sustained regression of murine corneal neovascularization...
- Reilly C, Taylor J, Lanza D, Carr B, Crouch D, Yost G. Capsaicinoids cause inflammation and epithelial cell death through activation of vanilloid receptors. Toxicol Sci. 2003;73:170-81 pubmed..The mechanisms of these cellular responses to capsaicinoids appear to proceed via distinct cellular pathways, but both pathways are initiated by TRPV1. ..
- Yang Z, Camp N, Sun H, Tong Z, Gibbs D, Cameron D, et al. A variant of the HTRA1 gene increases susceptibility to age-related macular degeneration. Science. 2006;314:992-3 pubmed..We also found that drusen in the eyes of AMD patients were strongly immunolabeled with HTRA1 antibody. Together, these findings support a key role for HTRA1 in AMD susceptibility and identify a potential new pathway for AMD pathogenesis...
- Shami P, Kanai N, Wang L, Vreeke T, Parker C. Identification and characterization of a novel gene that is upregulated in leukaemia cells by nitric oxide. Br J Haematol. 2001;112:138-47 pubmed..Enhancement of expression of rno may be a component of the process by which differentiation and growth inhibition of leukaemia cells is induced by NO. ..
- Soesanto Y, Luo B, Jones D, Taylor R, Gabrielsen J, Parker G, et al. Regulation of Akt signaling by O-GlcNAc in euglycemia. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2008;295:E974-80 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that O-GlcNAc regulates Akt signaling in hepatic models under euglycemic conditions. ..
- Huang W, Xing W, Ryskamp D, Punzo C, Krizaj D. Localization and phenotype-specific expression of ryanodine calcium release channels in C57BL6 and DBA/2J mouse strains. Exp Eye Res. 2011;93:700-9 pubmed publisher..While RyR1 signals can be regulated in a strain-specific manner, our data also suggest that RyR1 transcription is induced by early glial activation and/or elevation in intraocular pressure. ..
- Jiang H, Schwertz H, Schmid D, Jones B, KRIESEL J, Martinez M, et al. Different mechanisms preserve translation of programmed cell death 8 and JunB in virus-infected endothelial cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:997-1004 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, internal ribosome entry is not the only mechanism responsible for this privileged translation. ..
- Nadauld L, Shelton D, Chidester S, Yost H, Jones D. The zebrafish retinol dehydrogenase, rdh1l, is essential for intestinal development and is regulated by the tumor suppressor adenomatous polyposis coli. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:30490-5 pubmed
- Portereiko M, Lloyd A, Steffen J, Punwani J, Otsuga D, Drews G. AGL80 is required for central cell and endosperm development in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2006;18:1862-72 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that FEM111/AGL80 functions as a transcription factor within the central cell gene regulatory network and controls the expression of downstream genes required for central cell development and function. ..
- Jette C, Peterson P, Sandoval I, Manos E, Hadley E, Ireland C, et al. The tumor suppressor adenomatous polyposis coli and caudal related homeodomain protein regulate expression of retinol dehydrogenase L. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34397-405 pubmed..We propose a novel role for APC and CDX2 in controlling retinoic acid biosynthesis and in promoting a retinoid-induced program of colonocyte differentiation. ..
- Wang S, Buchli R, SCHILLER J, Gao J, VanGundy R, Hildebrand W, et al. Natural epitope variants of the hepatitis C virus impair cytotoxic T lymphocyte activity. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:1953-69 pubmed..Cross-recognition of CTL epitopes from wild-type and naturally-occurring HCV variants may lead to impaired immune responses and ultimately contribute to viral persistence. ..
- Becker B, Gard D. Multiple isoforms of the high molecular weight microtubule associated protein XMAP215 are expressed during development in Xenopus. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2000;47:282-95 pubmed
- Rollins M, Sudarshan S, Firpo M, Etherington B, Hart B, Jackson H, et al. Anti-inflammatory effects of PPAR-gamma agonists directly correlate with PPAR-gamma expression during acute pancreatitis. J Gastrointest Surg. 2006;10:1120-30 pubmed..Our data are the first to demonstrate that PPAR-gamma agonists represent a promising therapeutic strategy for acute pancreatitis. ..