Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein serine threonine kinases in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Locale: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Topic: protein serine threonine kinases
- Efimova O, Kelley T. Induction of granzyme B expression in T-cell receptor/CD28-stimulated human regulatory T cells is suppressed by inhibitors of the PI3K-mTOR pathway. BMC Immunol. 2009;10:59 pubmed publisher..These findings may indicate that suppressive mechanisms other than granzyme B are utilized by rapamycin-expanded Tregs. ..
- Dhakal B, Mulvey M. Uropathogenic Escherichia coli invades host cells via an HDAC6-modulated microtubule-dependent pathway. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:446-54 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that HDAC6 and microtubules act as vital regulatory elements during the invasion process, possibly via indirect effects on kinesin-1 and associated cargos. ..
- Xu P, LaVallee P, Lin J, Hoidal J. Characterization of proteins binding to E-box/Ku86 sites and function of Ku86 in transcriptional regulation of the human xanthine oxidoreductase gene. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:16057-63 pubmed..A working model is presented to account for the role of DNA-PK and AREB6-like proteins in regulating hXOR activity. ..
- Zimmerman E, Chen J, Andersen J, Ardon O, Dehart J, Blackett J, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Vpr-mediated G2 arrest requires Rad17 and Hus1 and induces nuclear BRCA1 and gamma-H2AX focus formation. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9286-94 pubmed..These findings should contribute to a greater understanding of how HIV-1 manipulates the CD4(+)-lymphocyte cell cycle and apoptosis induction in the progressive CD4(+)-lymphocyte depletion characteristic of HIV-1 pathogenesis. ..
- Yetman A, Beroukhim R, Ivy D, Manchester D. Importance of the clinical recognition of Loeys-Dietz syndrome in the neonatal period. Pediatrics. 2007;119:e1199-202 pubmed..Patients had progressive aortic enlargement, which necessitated surgical intervention for 3 patients and resulted in the death of 1 patient. Delay in diagnosis of Loeys-Dietz syndrome may be associated with adverse prognosis. ..
- Slattery M, Herrick J, Lundgreen A, Fitzpatrick F, Curtin K, Wolff R. Genetic variation in a metabolic signaling pathway and colon and rectal cancer risk: mTOR, PTEN, STK11, RPKAA1, PRKAG2, TSC1, TSC2, PI3K and Akt1. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:1604-11 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that genetic variation in a predefined candidate pathway for colorectal cancer contributes to both colon and rectal cancer risk. Associations appear to be strongest for CIMP+ and MSI+ tumors. ..
- Urness L, Sorensen L, Li D. Arteriovenous malformations in mice lacking activin receptor-like kinase-1. Nat Genet. 2000;26:328-31 pubmed..The early loss of anatomical, molecular and functional distinctions between arteries and veins indicates that Acvrl1 is required for developing distinct arterial and venous vascular beds. ..
- Sbia M, Parnell E, Yu Y, Olsen A, Kretschmann K, Voth W, et al. Regulation of the yeast Ace2 transcription factor during the cell cycle. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:11135-45 pubmed publisher..Our work suggests that the precise timing of Ace2 accumulation in the nucleus involves both a nuclear export sequence and a nuclear localization signal, whose activities are regulated by phosphorylation. ..
- Clark K, McGrail M, Beckerle M. Analysis of PINCH function in Drosophila demonstrates its requirement in integrin-dependent cellular processes. Development. 2003;130:2611-21 pubmed..Our results provide direct genetic evidence that PINCH is essential for Drosophila development and is required for integrin-dependent cell adhesion. ..
- Hao H, Cardon C, Swiatek W, Cooksey R, Smith T, Wilde J, et al. PAS kinase is required for normal cellular energy balance. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:15466-71 pubmed..We therefore hypothesize that PASK acts in a cell-autonomous manner to maintain cellular energy homeostasis and is a potential therapeutic target for metabolic disease. ..
- Graveleau C, Zaha V, Mohajer A, Banerjee R, Dudley Rucker N, Steppan C, et al. Mouse and human resistins impair glucose transport in primary mouse cardiomyocytes, and oligomerization is required for this biological action. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:31679-85 pubmed..Thus, in cardiomyocytes, both mouse and human resistins directly impair glucose transport; and in contrast to effects on the liver, these actions of resistin require oligomerization. ..
- Chen C, Zhang K, Church Kopish J, Huang W, Zhang H, Chen Y, et al. Characterization of human GRK7 as a potential cone opsin kinase. Mol Vis. 2001;7:305-13 pubmed..The absence of GRK7 expression in cone outer segments of mice is consistent with the notion that mouse cones rely solely on GRK1 to shutoff cone visual pigments. ..
- Schneider M, Turner D, Vetter M. Notch signaling can inhibit Xath5 function in the neural plate and developing retina. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2001;18:458-72 pubmed..Xath5 could upregulate expression of X-Delta-1, ESR1, and ESR3, suggesting that Xath5 participates in a regulatory loop with the Notch pathway. ..
- Schwertz H, Tolley N, Foulks J, Denis M, Risenmay B, Buerke M, et al. Signal-dependent splicing of tissue factor pre-mRNA modulates the thrombogenicity of human platelets. J Exp Med. 2006;203:2433-40 pubmed..We propose that platelet-derived TF contributes to the propagation and stabilization of a thrombus. ..
- Thorburn J, Xu S, Thorburn A. MAP kinase- and Rho-dependent signals interact to regulate gene expression but not actin morphology in cardiac muscle cells. EMBO J. 1997;16:1888-900 pubmed..Positive and negative signals mediated by parallel MAP kinase cascades interact with Rho-dependent pathways to regulate hypertrophic gene expression while other signals induce muscle fiber morphology in cardiac muscle cells. ..
- Zimmerman E, Sherman M, Blackett J, Neidleman J, Kreis C, Mundt P, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Vpr induces DNA replication stress in vitro and in vivo. J Virol. 2006;80:10407-18 pubmed..We report that infected cells in vivo display an aberrant cell cycle profile whereby a majority of cells have a 4N DNA content, consistent with the onset of G2 arrest. ..
- Dehart J, Andersen J, Zimmerman E, Ardon O, An D, Blackett J, et al. The ataxia telangiectasia-mutated and Rad3-related protein is dispensable for retroviral integration. J Virol. 2005;79:1389-96 pubmed..We conclude that cells in which ATR has been depleted are competent for retroviral integration. We also conclude that the presence of Vpr as a virion-bound protein does not enhance integration of a lentivirus vector in dividing cells. ..
- Frangiskakis J, Ewart A, Morris C, Mervis C, Bertrand J, Robinson B, et al. LIM-kinase1 hemizygosity implicated in impaired visuospatial constructive cognition. Cell. 1996;86:59-69 pubmed..Because ELN mutations cause vascular disease but not cognitive abnormalities, these data implicate LIMK1 hemizygosity in imparied visuospatial constructive cognition. ..
- Arrington C, Sower C, Chuckwuk N, Stevens J, Leppert M, Yetman A, et al. Absence of TGFBR1 and TGFBR2 mutations in patients with bicuspid aortic valve and aortic dilation. Am J Cardiol. 2008;102:629-31 pubmed publisher..Analysis of these genes in 35 patients with BAVs identified only known single-nucleotide polymorphisms or novel synonymous or intronic substitutions. In conclusion, mutations in TGFBR1 and TGFBR2 rarely cause sporadic BAV. ..
- Hollien J, Lin J, Li H, Stevens N, Walter P, Weissman J. Regulated Ire1-dependent decay of messenger RNAs in mammalian cells. J Cell Biol. 2009;186:323-31 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that cells use a multitiered mechanism by which different conditions in the ER lead to distinct outputs from Ire1. ..
- Wilson W, Skurat A, Probst B, de Paoli Roach A, Roach P, Rutter J. Control of mammalian glycogen synthase by PAS kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:16596-601 pubmed..This mode of regulation provides a mechanism for metabolic status to impinge directly on the cellular decision of whether to store or use available energy. ..
- Wagner T, Mullally J, Fitzpatrick F. Reactive lipid species from cyclooxygenase-2 inactivate tumor suppressor LKB1/STK11: cyclopentenone prostaglandins and 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal covalently modify and inhibit the AMP-kinase kinase that modulates cellular energy homeostasis and protein tran. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:2598-604 pubmed..Moreover, chemical inactivation of LKB1 may interfere with its physiological antagonism of signals from growth factors, insulin, and oncogenes. ..
- Andersen J, Dehart J, Zimmerman E, Ardon O, Kim B, Jacquot G, et al. HIV-1 Vpr-induced apoptosis is cell cycle dependent and requires Bax but not ANT. PLoS Pathog. 2006;2:e127 pubmed
- Karnik S, Wythe J, Sorensen L, Brooke B, Urness L, Li D. Elastin induces myofibrillogenesis via a specific domain, VGVAPG. Matrix Biol. 2003;22:409-25 pubmed..Collectively, these data support a model whereby the elastin gene product, signaling through the VGVAPG domain, directly induces VSMC myofibrillogenesis. ..
- Grose J, Smith T, Sabic H, Rutter J. Yeast PAS kinase coordinates glucose partitioning in response to metabolic and cell integrity signaling. EMBO J. 2007;26:4824-30 pubmed..As a whole, this system acts to coordinate glucose partitioning with alterations in demand due to changes in environmental and nutrient conditions. ..
- Allen Brady K, Camp N. Characterization of the linkage disequilibrium structure and identification of tagging-SNPs in five DNA repair genes. BMC Cancer. 2005;5:99 pubmed..Furthermore, LD structure characterization in either breast cancer cases or controls appears to be sufficient for future cancer studies utilizing these genes. ..
- Andersen J, Zimmerman E, DeHart J, Murala S, Ardon O, Blackett J, et al. ATR and GADD45alpha mediate HIV-1 Vpr-induced apoptosis. Cell Death Differ. 2005;12:326-34 pubmed..Our results support a model in which Vpr-induced apoptosis is mediated via ATR phosphorylation of BRCA1, and consequent upregulation of GADD45alpha. ..
- Smith T, Rutter J. Regulation of glucose partitioning by PAS kinase and Ugp1 phosphorylation. Mol Cell. 2007;26:491-9 pubmed..We propose that regulation of glucose partitioning by altered enzyme and substrate localization is a rapid and potent response to metabolic deficiency. ..
- Liu Y, Virshup D, White R, Hsu L. Regulation of BRCA1 phosphorylation by interaction with protein phosphatase 1alpha. Cancer Res. 2002;62:6357-61 pubmed..In addition, BRCA1 inhibits PP1alpha activity. Therefore, BRCA1 is both a substrate and a regulator of PP1alpha. The interaction between BRCA1 and PP1alpha thus may play a role in DNA damage repair and cell cycle progression. ..
- Zhang F, White R, Neufeld K. Phosphorylation near nuclear localization signal regulates nuclear import of adenomatous polyposis coli protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:12577-82 pubmed..Our data provide evidence that control of APC's nuclear import through phosphorylation is a potential mechanism for regulating APC's nuclear activity. ..
- Teng D, Perry W, Hogan J, Baumgard M, Bell R, Berry S, et al. Human mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 4 as a candidate tumor suppressor. Cancer Res. 1997;57:4177-82 pubmed..Thus, the incidence of coding mutations of MKK4 in the set of cell lines is 6 of 213 (approximately 3%). These findings suggest that MKK4 may function as a suppressor of tumorigenesis or metastasis in certain types of cells. ..