Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein interaction mapping in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Locale: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Topic: protein interaction mapping
- Scott A, Gaspar J, Stuchell Brereton M, Alam S, Skalicky J, Sundquist W. Structure and ESCRT-III protein interactions of the MIT domain of human VPS4A. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:13813-8 pubmed
- Gonciarz M, Whitby F, Eckert D, Kieffer C, Heroux A, Sundquist W, et al. Biochemical and structural studies of yeast Vps4 oligomerization. J Mol Biol. 2008;384:878-95 pubmed publisher..Our mutational analyses demonstrate that pore loop 2 residues Arg241 and Arg251 are required for efficient HIV-1 budding, thereby supporting a role for this "arginine collar" in Vps4 function. ..
- Ames P, Parkinson J. Phenotypic suppression methods for analyzing intra- and inter-molecular signaling interactions of chemoreceptors. Methods Enzymol. 2007;423:436-57 pubmed..The suppression patterns exhibit allele-specificity with respect to the compensatory residue positions and amino acid side chains, a hallmark of stereospecific protein-protein interactions. ..
- Decher N, Gonzalez T, Streit A, Sachse F, Renigunta V, Soom M, et al. Structural determinants of Kvbeta1.3-induced channel inactivation: a hairpin modulated by PIP2. EMBO J. 2008;27:3164-74 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings indicate that inactivation of Kv1.5 is mediated by an equilibrium binding of the N terminus of Kvbeta1.3 between phosphoinositides (PIPs) and the inner pore region of the channel. ..
- Christensen D, Klevit R. Dynamic interactions of proteins in complex networks: identifying the complete set of interacting E2s for functional investigation of E3-dependent protein ubiquitination. FEBS J. 2009;276:5381-9 pubmed publisher..Defining the set of E2s that interact with other RING and U-box E3s will open the door for predictive models and lead to a better understand of substrate ubiquitination. ..
- Cui T, Smith P, Fox J, Khalimonchuk O, Winge D. Late-stage maturation of the Rieske Fe/S protein: Mzm1 stabilizes Rip1 but does not facilitate its translocation by the AAA ATPase Bcs1. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:4400-9 pubmed publisher..However, the Rip1 variants were not stably associated with the supercomplex. The induced supercomplex stabilization by the Rip1 N terminus was independent of Mzm1. ..
- Sandrin V, Sundquist W. ESCRT requirements for EIAV budding. Retrovirology. 2013;10:104 pubmed publisher..These studies help establish EIAV as a streamlined model system for dissecting the stepwise processes of lentivirus assembly and ESCRT-mediated budding. ..
- Yan H, Brouha B, Liu T, Raj D, Biddle D, Lee R, et al. Proteolytic cleavage of Livin (ML-IAP) in apoptotic melanoma cells potentially mediated by a non-canonical caspase. J Dermatol Sci. 2006;43:189-200 pubmed..However, relative insensitivity of the apoptotic cleavage to zVAD-fmk, or Asp52 to Glu mutation, suggests the involvement of a non-canonical caspase. ..
- Matsumiya T, Imaizumi T, Yoshida H, Satoh K, Topham M, Stafforini D. The levels of retinoic acid-inducible gene I are regulated by heat shock protein 90-alpha. J Immunol. 2009;182:2717-25 pubmed publisher..These studies identify a new mechanism whose dysregulation may seriously compromise innate antiviral responses in mammals. ..
- Bell R, Hubbard A, Chettier R, Chen D, Miller J, Kapahi P, et al. A human protein interaction network shows conservation of aging processes between human and invertebrate species. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000414 pubmed publisher..They also indicate that the longevity protein interaction network presented here is enriched for novel conserved longevity proteins. ..