Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Locale: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications175 found, 100 shown here
- Vielhaber E, Duricka D, Ullman K, Virshup D. Nuclear export of mammalian PERIOD proteins. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:45921-7 pubmed..The presence of a functional NES in mPER1 and mPER2 as well as related sequences in a variety of other PER proteins suggests that nuclear export may be a conserved and important feature of circadian regulators. ..
- Forster A, Whitby F, Hill C. The pore of activated 20S proteasomes has an ordered 7-fold symmetric conformation. EMBO J. 2003;22:4356-64 pubmed..Evolutionary considerations suggest that other activators might induce the same open proteasome conformation as seen with the 11S activator. ..
- Casjens S, Gilcrease E, Huang W, Bunny K, Pedulla M, Ford M, et al. The pKO2 linear plasmid prophage of Klebsiella oxytoca. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:1818-32 pubmed..We show that these divergently transcribed genes are regulated by LexA protein binding to a single target site that overlaps both promoters...
- Chen Y, Beck A, Davenport C, Chen Y, Shattuck D, Tavtigian S. Characterization of TRZ1, a yeast homolog of the human candidate prostate cancer susceptibility gene ELAC2 encoding tRNase Z. BMC Mol Biol. 2005;6:12 pubmed..Our results provide genetic evidence that prostate cancer susceptibility gene ELAC2 may be involved in RNA processing, especially rRNA processing and mitochondrial function. ..
- Miles R, Crockett D, Lim M, Elenitoba Johnson K. Analysis of BCL6-interacting proteins by tandem mass spectrometry. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2005;4:1898-909 pubmed..Many of the novel proteins identified in this study suggest additional functional roles for BCL6 beyond transcriptional repression. ..
- Eto D, Jones T, Sundsbak J, Mulvey M. Integrin-mediated host cell invasion by type 1-piliated uropathogenic Escherichia coli. PLoS Pathog. 2007;3:e100 pubmed..Cumulatively, these results indicate that beta1 and alpha3 integrins are functionally important receptors for type 1 pili-expressing bacteria within the urinary tract and possibly at other sites within the host...
- Wills N, O Connor M, Nelson C, Rettberg C, Huang W, Gesteland R, et al. Translational bypassing without peptidyl-tRNA anticodon scanning of coding gap mRNA. EMBO J. 2008;27:2533-44 pubmed publisher..Dissipation of this RNA structure, together with the contribution of 16S rRNA anti-Shine-Dalgarno sequence pairing with GAG, facilitates peptidyl-tRNA re-pairing to mRNA...
- Christensen D, Klevit R. Dynamic interactions of proteins in complex networks: identifying the complete set of interacting E2s for functional investigation of E3-dependent protein ubiquitination. FEBS J. 2009;276:5381-9 pubmed publisher..Defining the set of E2s that interact with other RING and U-box E3s will open the door for predictive models and lead to a better understand of substrate ubiquitination. ..
- Song G, Wang L. A conserved gene structure and expression regulation of miR-433 and miR-127 in mammals. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7829 pubmed publisher..Our studies for the first time demonstrate a conserved gene structure and transcriptional regulation of miR-433 and miR-127 in mammals. The data suggest that the miR-433/127 loci may have evolved from a common gene of origin. ..
- Shestakova A, Hanono A, Drosner S, Curtiss M, Davies B, Katzmann D, et al. Assembly of the AAA ATPase Vps4 on ESCRT-III. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:1059-71 pubmed publisher..Vta1 in turn is predicted to cause a rearrangement of the Vps4 interactions that initiates the assembly of the active Vps4 oligomer. ..
- Shakya A, Kang J, Chumley J, Williams M, Tantin D. Oct1 is a switchable, bipotential stabilizer of repressed and inducible transcriptional states. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:450-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that, rather than acting as a primary trigger of gene activation or repression, Oct1 is a switchable stabilizer of repressed and inducible states. ..
- Casjens S, Fraser Liggett C, Mongodin E, Qiu W, Dunn J, Luft B, et al. Whole genome sequence of an unusual Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato isolate. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:1489-90 pubmed publisher..We suggest that this isolate should be named "Borrelia finlandensis."..
- Lin J, Wang X, Dorsky R. Progenitor expansion in apc mutants is mediated by Jak/Stat signaling. BMC Dev Biol. 2011;11:73 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggest that the regulation of Jak/Stat signaling may represent a conserved mechanism explaining the expansion of undifferentiated cells downstream of APC mutations. ..
- Sirdah M, Reading N, Vankayalapati H, Perkins S, Shubair M, Aboud L, et al. Molecular heterogeneity of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency in Gaza Strip Palestinians. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2012;49:152-8 pubmed publisher..We report a high proportion of affected children with G6PD Cairo, which was observed previously in only a single Egyptian, and a novel mutation G6PD "Gaza". ..
- Keener J, Babst M. Quality control and substrate-dependent downregulation of the nutrient transporter Fur4. Traffic. 2013;14:412-27 pubmed publisher..We propose that the LID-degron system is a conserved, chaperone-independent mechanism responsible for conformation-induced downregulation of many cell-surface transporters under physiological and pathological conditions. ..
- Humphreys G, Jud M, Monroe K, Kimball S, Higley M, Shipley D, et al. Mummy, A UDP-N-acetylglucosamine pyrophosphorylase, modulates DPP signaling in the embryonic epidermis of Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2013;381:434-45 pubmed publisher..These findings add a new dimension to our understanding of mechanisms modulating the BMP signaling gradient. ..
- Jurynec M, Grunwald D. SHIP2, a factor associated with diet-induced obesity and insulin sensitivity, attenuates FGF signaling in vivo. Dis Model Mech. 2010;3:733-42 pubmed publisher..We suggest that modulation of FGF signaling may be a principal function of SHIP2 in mammals. ..
- Zhang Y, Broadie K. Cloning, mapping and tissue-specific expression of Drosophila clathrin-associated protein AP50 gene. Gene. 1999;233:171-9 pubmed..The two other Drosophila members of the medium-chain family of clathrin-associated protein complexes, AP47 and mu3, have also been identified and mapped to 85D20-D27 and 6E1-E4, respectively. ..
- Baird L, Lipinska B, Raina S, Georgopoulos C. Identification of the Escherichia coli sohB gene, a multicopy suppressor of the HtrA (DegP) null phenotype. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:5763-70 pubmed..Therefore, it is possible that the sohB gene encodes a previously undiscovered periplasmic protease in E. coli that, when overexpressed, can partially compensate for the missing HtrA protein function...
- Lipinska B, Zylicz M, Georgopoulos C. The HtrA (DegP) protein, essential for Escherichia coli survival at high temperatures, is an endopeptidase. J Bacteriol. 1990;172:1791-7 pubmed..The HtrA protein was shown to be a specific endopeptidase which was inhibited by diisopropylfluorophosphate, suggesting that HtrA is a serine protease. ..
- Zhang D, Jennings S, Robinson G, Poulter C. Yeast squalene synthase: expression, purification, and characterization of soluble recombinant enzyme. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1993;304:133-43 pubmed..At higher concentrations, FPP was an inhibitor. The activity of squalene synthase was stimulated by detergents and reached a maximal value of kcat = 3.3 s-1 at 100 microM FPP in the presence of 1% (v/v) Tween 80. ..
- Felden B, Himeno H, Muto A, McCutcheon J, Atkins J, Gesteland R. Probing the structure of the Escherichia coli 10Sa RNA (tmRNA). RNA. 1997;3:89-103 pubmed..Several discrepancies between the probing data and the phylogeny suggest that E. coli tmRNA undergoes a conformational change. ..
- Wittmeyer J, Formosa T. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae DNA polymerase alpha catalytic subunit interacts with Cdc68/Spt16 and with Pob3, a protein similar to an HMG1-like protein. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:4178-90 pubmed..Based on these results and because Cdc68 has been implicated as a regulator of chromatin structure, we postulate that polymerase alpha may interact with these proteins to gain access to its template or to origins of replication in vivo. ..
- Perou C, Leslie J, Green W, Li L, Ward D, Kaplan J. The Beige/Chediak-Higashi syndrome gene encodes a widely expressed cytosolic protein. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:29790-4 pubmed..These findings, coupled with earlier published results, suggest that the Beige protein regulates lysosomal fission. ..
- Ravindranathan A, Parks T, Rao M. New isoforms of the chick glutamate receptor subunit GluR4: molecular cloning, regional expression and developmental analysis. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1997;50:143-53 pubmed..This structural diversity increases the potential for functional diversity in neuronal and glial GluRs incorporating GluR4. ..
- Goldsby R, Singh M, Preston B. Mouse DNA polymerase delta gene (Pold1) maps to chromosome 7. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:92-3 pubmed
- Meng X, Lu X, Li Z, Green E, Massa H, Trask B, et al. Complete physical map of the common deletion region in Williams syndrome and identification and characterization of three novel genes. Hum Genet. 1998;103:590-9 pubmed..We describe the expression profile and genomic structure for each of these genes. Hemizygous deletion of one or more of these genes may contribute to developmental defects in WS. ..
- Billin A, Eilers A, Queva C, Ayer D. Mlx, a novel Max-like BHLHZip protein that interacts with the Max network of transcription factors. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:36344-50 pubmed..In contrast with Max, Mlx interacts only with Mad1 and Mad4. Together, these findings suggest that Mlx may act to diversify Mad family function by its restricted association with a subset of the Mad family of transcriptional repressors. ..
- Wong A, Shanahan F, Chen Y, Lian L, Ha P, Hendricks K, et al. BRG1, a component of the SWI-SNF complex, is mutated in multiple human tumor cell lines. Cancer Res. 2000;60:6171-7 pubmed..It will be important to confirm these observations in primary tumors. ..
- Yang W, Li C, Mansour S. Impaired motor coordination in mice that lack punc. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6031-43 pubmed..Compared with control littermates, however, homozygous mutants had significantly reduced retention times on the Rotarod, suggesting a role for Bergmann glia-expressed Punc in the cerebellar control of motor coordination. ..
- Bulaj G, DeLaCruz R, Azimi Zonooz A, West P, Watkins M, Yoshikami D, et al. Delta-conotoxin structure/function through a cladistic analysis. Biochemistry. 2001;40:13201-8 pubmed
- Henderson J, Brown D, Richardson J, Olson E, Beckerle M. Expression of the gene encoding the LIM protein CRP2: a developmental profile. J Histochem Cytochem. 2002;50:107-11 pubmed..In addition to expression in vascular smooth muscle cells, we also detect CRP2-specific transcripts in mesenchymal derivatives and several epithelia. ..
- Messick T, Chmiel N, Golinelli M, Langer M, Joshua Tor L, David S. Noncysteinyl coordination to the [4Fe-4S]2+ cluster of the DNA repair adenine glycosylase MutY introduced via site-directed mutagenesis. Structural characterization of an unusual histidinyl-coordinated cluster. Biochemistry. 2002;41:3931-42 pubmed..The relative resistance of the [4Fe-4S]2+ cluster toward oxidation, as well as the retention of activity of the [3Fe-4S]1+ form, may be an important aspect of the role of MutY in repair of DNA damage resulting from oxidative stress. ..
- Eilers A, Sundwall E, Lin M, Sullivan A, Ayer D. A novel heterodimerization domain, CRM1, and 14-3-3 control subcellular localization of the MondoA-Mlx heterocomplex. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:8514-26 pubmed..Second, an extracellular signal(s) must overcome the cytoplasmic localization function imparted by CRM1 and 14-3-3 binding to the N terminus of MondoA. ..
- Renfranz P, Siegrist S, Stronach B, Macalma T, Beckerle M. Molecular and phylogenetic characterization of Zyx102, a Drosophila orthologue of the zyxin family that interacts with Drosophila Enabled. Gene. 2003;305:13-26 pubmed
- Beumer K, Bhattacharyya G, Bibikova M, Trautman J, Carroll D. Efficient gene targeting in Drosophila with zinc-finger nucleases. Genetics. 2006;172:2391-403 pubmed
- Henderson C, Anderson C, Howard M. Antisense-induced ribosomal frameshifting. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:4302-10 pubmed..The efficiency of antisense-induced frameshifting at this site is responsive to the sequence context 5' of the shift site and to polyamine levels. ..
- Smith P, Mango S. Role of T-box gene tbx-2 for anterior foregut muscle development in C. elegans. Dev Biol. 2007;302:25-39 pubmed..Our analysis suggests that a positive feedback loop between tbx-2 and pha-4 is required for ABa-derived precursors to commit to pharyngeal muscle fate. ..
- Szerlong H, Hinata K, Viswanathan R, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Cairns B. The HSA domain binds nuclear actin-related proteins to regulate chromatin-remodeling ATPases. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2008;15:469-76 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we define the role of the HSA domain and provide evidence for a regulatory relationship involving the ARP-HSA module and two new functional domains conserved in remodeler ATPases that contain ARPs. ..
- Barrott J, Cash G, Smith A, Barrow J, Murtaugh L. Deletion of mouse Porcn blocks Wnt ligand secretion and reveals an ectodermal etiology of human focal dermal hypoplasia/Goltz syndrome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:12752-7 pubmed publisher..Conditional deletion of Porcn thus provides an experimental model of FDH, as well as a valuable tool to probe Wnt ligand function in vivo...
- Paul M, Aegerter M, Cepek K, Miller M, Weis J. The murine complement receptor gene family. III. The genomic and transcriptional complexity of the Crry and Crry-ps genes. J Immunol. 1990;144:1988-96 pubmed..Additionally, RNA protection analysis indicates that mRNA cannot be detected which matches the Crry-ps sequence. ..
- Harker W, Slade D, Parr R, Holguin M. Selective use of an alternative stop codon and polyadenylation signal within intron sequences leads to a truncated topoisomerase II alpha messenger RNA and protein in human HL-60 leukemia cells selected for resistance to mitoxantrone. Cancer Res. 1995;55:4962-71 pubmed
- Andres A, Thummel C. The Drosophila 63F early puff contains E63-1, an ecdysone-inducible gene that encodes a novel Ca(2+)-binding protein. Development. 1995;121:2667-79 pubmed
- Melis R, Stauffer D, Zhao X, Zhu X, Albrecht B, Pongs O, et al. Physical and genetic localization of a Shab subfamily potassium channel (KCNB1) gene to chromosomal region 20q13.2. Genomics. 1995;25:285-7 pubmed..2 eliminates it as a candidate for the gene associated with benign familial neonatal convulsions (BFNC), which has been localized to 20q13.3. Genetically, the K+ channel gene maps more than 30 cM proximal to the BFNC locus. ..
- Cimbora D, Sakonju S. Drosophila midgut morphogenesis requires the function of the segmentation gene odd-paired. Dev Biol. 1995;169:580-95 pubmed..abstract truncated at 400 words) ..
- Fish K, Cegielska A, Getman M, Landes G, Virshup D. Isolation and characterization of human casein kinase I epsilon (CKI), a novel member of the CKI gene family. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:14875-83 pubmed..Human CKI epsilon is a novel CKI isoform with properties that overlap those of previously described CKI isoforms. ..
- Ding L, Bunting M, Topham M, McIntyre T, Zimmerman G, Prescott S. Alternative splicing of the human diacylglycerol kinase zeta gene in muscle. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:5519-24 pubmed..We conclude that alternative splicing generates tissue-specific variants of DGKzeta that share some properties but may have unique ones as well. ..
- Yi J, Beckerle M. The human TRIP6 gene encodes a LIM domain protein and maps to chromosome 7q22, a region associated with tumorigenesis. Genomics. 1998;49:314-6 pubmed..By radiation hybrid mapping, the human TRIP6 gene was assigned to a segment of chromosome 7q22 that is commonly deleted in malignant myeloid diseases and uterine leiomyoma. ..
- Nakajima T, Cheng T, Rohrwasser A, Bloem L, Pratt J, Inoue I, et al. Functional analysis of a mutation occurring between the two in-frame AUG codons of human angiotensinogen. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:35749-55 pubmed
- Voth W, Richards J, Shaw J, Stillman D. Yeast vectors for integration at the HO locus. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:E59-9 pubmed..We also describe several new bacterial polylinker vectors derived from pUC21 (ampicillin resistance) and pUK21 (kanamycin resistance). ..
- Wechsler J, Choi Y, Krall J, Ahmad F, Manganiello V, Movsesian M. Isoforms of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase PDE3A in cardiac myocytes. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:38072-8 pubmed
- Huang W, Joss L, Hsieh T, Casjens S. Protelomerase uses a topoisomerase IB/Y-recombinase type mechanism to generate DNA hairpin ends. J Mol Biol. 2004;337:77-92 pubmed..Comparative studies using the related target sites of different protelomerases suggest that these proteins may require both sequence-specific and structure (possibly cruciform)-specific recognition for activity. ..
- Veien E, Grierson M, Saund R, Dorsky R. Expression pattern of zebrafish tcf7 suggests unexplored domains of Wnt/beta-catenin activity. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:233-9 pubmed..tcf7 is also expressed in nonoverlapping areas such as the prechordal mesoderm, dorsal retina, and median fin fold, suggesting unique functions. ..
- Biggs J, Wan J, Cutler N, Hakkola J, Uusimäki P, Raunio H, et al. Transcription factor binding to a putative double E-box motif represses CYP3A4 expression in human lung cells. Mol Pharmacol. 2007;72:514-25 pubmed..We believe that this is the first documented case in which a cytochrome P450 gene is actively repressed in a tissue-specific manner. ..
- Zhang H, Rajasekaran N, Orosz A, Xiao X, Rechsteiner M, Benjamin I. Selective degradation of aggregate-prone CryAB mutants by HSPB1 is mediated by ubiquitin-proteasome pathways. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2010;49:918-30 pubmed publisher..We conclude that such selective interactions between CryAB mutants and HSPB1 overexpression might have important implications for the clinical manifestations and potential treatment. ..
- Frangiskakis J, Ewart A, Morris C, Mervis C, Bertrand J, Robinson B, et al. LIM-kinase1 hemizygosity implicated in impaired visuospatial constructive cognition. Cell. 1996;86:59-69 pubmed..Because ELN mutations cause vascular disease but not cognitive abnormalities, these data implicate LIMK1 hemizygosity in imparied visuospatial constructive cognition. ..
- Einum D, Zhang J, Arneson P, Menon A, Ptacek L. Genomic structure of human anion exchanger 3 and its potential role in hereditary neurological disease. Neurogenetics. 1998;1:289-92 pubmed..AE3 variation may prove useful for further genetic studies, such as finer resolution mapping. Characterization of genomic structure will facilitate mutational analysis of AE3 in studies of neurological diseases mapped to the same locus. ..
- Cloud J, Carroll K, Pixton P, Erali M, Hillyard D. Detection of Legionella species in respiratory specimens using PCR with sequencing confirmation. J Clin Microbiol. 2000;38:1709-12 pubmed..The legionella-specific PCR assay that is described demonstrates high sensitivity and high specificity for routine detection of legionellae in respiratory samples. ..
- Soderberg T, Chen A, Poulter C. Geranylgeranylglyceryl phosphate synthase. Characterization of the recombinant enzyme from Methanobacterium thermoautotrophicum. Biochemistry. 2001;40:14847-54 pubmed
- Bolger G, McCahill A, Yarwood S, Steele M, Warwicker J, Houslay M. Delineation of RAID1, the RACK1 interaction domain located within the unique N-terminal region of the cAMP-specific phosphodiesterase, PDE4D5. BMC Biochem. 2002;3:24 pubmed
- Paul K, Harmon J, Blair D. Mutational analysis of the flagellar rotor protein FliN: identification of surfaces important for flagellar assembly and switching. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:5240-8 pubmed..The results indicate that FliN is more closely involved in switching than has been supposed, possibly contributing to the binding site for CheY on the switch. ..
- Zharkikh A, Troggio M, Pruss D, Cestaro A, Eldrdge G, Pindo M, et al. Sequencing and assembly of highly heterozygous genome of Vitis vinifera L. cv Pinot Noir: problems and solutions. J Biotechnol. 2008;136:38-43 pubmed publisher..About 2 million SNPs and more than a million heterozygous gaps have been identified in the 500 Mb genome of grape. More than 91% of the sequence assembled into 58,611 contigs is now anchored to the 19 linkage groups of V. vinifera. ..
- Wang L, Lam G, Thummel C. Med24 and Mdh2 are required for Drosophila larval salivary gland cell death. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:954-64 pubmed publisher..This study identifies novel mechanisms for controlling the destruction of larval tissues during Drosophila metamorphosis and provides new directions for our understanding of steroid-triggered programmed cell death. ..
- Cloud J, Harmsen D, Iwen P, Dunn J, Hall G, Lasala P, et al. Comparison of traditional phenotypic identification methods with partial 5' 16S rRNA gene sequencing for species-level identification of nonfermenting Gram-negative bacilli. J Clin Microbiol. 2010;48:1442-4 pubmed publisher..Sequencing identified 88 isolates (91.7%) with >99% similarity to a sequence from the assigned species; 61.5% of sequencing results were concordant with phenotypic results, indicating the usability of sequencing to identify NFB. ..
- Ahmed K, Warner S, Chen A, Gourley E, Liu X, Vankayalapati H, et al. In vitro and in vivo characterization of SGI-1252, a small molecule inhibitor of JAK2. Exp Hematol. 2011;39:14-25 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies support further development of SGI-1252 for clinical use. ..
- Nguyen T, Tran V, Sorna V, Eriksson I, Kojima A, Koketsu M, et al. Dimerized glycosaminoglycan chains increase FGF signaling during zebrafish development. ACS Chem Biol. 2013;8:939-48 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these in vivo findings, we propose a new model for GAG/FGF/FGFR interactions in which dimerized GAG chains can activate FGF-mediated signal transduction pathways. ..
- Szerlong H, Saha A, Cairns B. The nuclear actin-related proteins Arp7 and Arp9: a dimeric module that cooperates with architectural proteins for chromatin remodeling. EMBO J. 2003;22:3175-87 pubmed..We propose that Arp7/9 dimers function with DNA bending proteins to facilitate proper chromatin architecture and complex- complex interactions. ..
- Jacquinet E, Rao N, Rao G, Hoidal J. Cloning, genomic organization, chromosomal assignment and expression of a novel mosaic serine proteinase: epitheliasin. FEBS Lett. 2000;468:93-100 pubmed..Epitheliasin is expressed primarily in the apical surfaces of renal tubular and airway epithelial cells. ..
- Eide E, Virshup D. Casein kinase I: another cog in the circadian clockworks. Chronobiol Int. 2001;18:389-98 pubmed..Phosphorylation may regulate multiple properties of clock proteins, including stability and intracellular localization. ..
- Casjens S. Comparative genomics and evolution of the tailed-bacteriophages. Curr Opin Microbiol. 2005;8:451-8 pubmed..Recent molecular studies of phages other than these model system phages have made it clear that much remains to be learnt about the variety of lifestyle strategies utilized by the tailed-phage...
- Punwani J, Rabiger D, Drews G. MYB98 positively regulates a battery of synergid-expressed genes encoding filiform apparatus localized proteins. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2557-68 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that MYB98 functions as a transcriptional regulator in the synergid cells and activates the expression of genes required for pollen tube guidance and filiform apparatus formation. ..
- Azam L, Yoshikami D, McIntosh J. Amino acid residues that confer high selectivity of the alpha6 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunit to alpha-conotoxin MII[S4A,E11A,L15A]. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:11625-32 pubmed publisher..Similar effects were seen with other alpha6-selective conotoxins, suggesting the general importance of thesealpha6 residues in conferring selective binding. ..
- McFarland A, Horner S, Jarret A, Joslyn R, Bindewald E, Shapiro B, et al. The favorable IFNL3 genotype escapes mRNA decay mediated by AU-rich elements and hepatitis C virus-induced microRNAs. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:72-9 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a previously unknown mechanism by which HCV attenuates the antiviral response and indicate new potential therapeutic targets for HCV treatment. ..
- Aird S, Womble G, Yates J, Griffin P. Primary structure of gamma-bungarotoxin, a new postsynaptic neurotoxin from venom of Bungarus multicinctus. Toxicon. 1999;37:609-25 pubmed..However, with an LD50 of 0.15 microg/g i.v. in mice, gamma-bungarotoxin is 30-150-fold more toxic than other members of this latter class. Its toxicity is comparable to those of alpha-nicotinic acetylcholine receptor antagonists...
- Testa C, Cornish R, Poulter C. The sorbitol phosphotransferase system is responsible for transport of 2-C-methyl-D-erythritol into Salmonella enterica serovar typhimurium. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:473-80 pubmed..Efficient incorporation of deuterium was observed for RMC26. However, there was no evidence of deuterium incorporation into the isoprenoid side chain of ubiquinone Q8 in the RMC26 mutants...
- Luo W, Gangwal K, Sankar S, Boucher K, Thomas D, Lessnick S. GSTM4 is a microsatellite-containing EWS/FLI target involved in Ewing's sarcoma oncogenesis and therapeutic resistance. Oncogene. 2009;28:4126-32 pubmed publisher..These data also suggest a novel therapeutic resistance mechanism, in which the central oncogenic abnormality directly regulates a resistance gene. ..
- McIntosh J, Donia M, Schmidt E. Insights into heterocyclization from two highly similar enzymes. J Am Chem Soc. 2010;132:4089-91 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that these differences allow the enzymes to control regioselectivity of posttranslational modifications, helping to control product chemistry in this hypervariable family of marine natural products. ..
- Stachel S, Grunwald D, Myers P. Lithium perturbation and goosecoid expression identify a dorsal specification pathway in the pregastrula zebrafish. Development. 1993;117:1261-74 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that the zebrafish dorsal axis is signaled by a pathway initiated in the cleavage-stage embryo. Furthermore, they provide novel insights into anterior morphogenesis. ..
- Brazas R, Stillman D. Identification and purification of a protein that binds DNA cooperatively with the yeast SWI5 protein. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:5524-37 pubmed..SWI5 and GRF10 interactions were not detected in the absence of DNA. The role of cooperative DNA binding in determining promoter specificity of eukaryotic transcription factors is discussed. ..
- Hourvitz A, Kuwahara A, Hennebold J, Tavares A, Negishi H, Lee T, et al. The regulated expression of the pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A in the rodent ovary: a proposed role in the development of dominant follicles and of corpora lutea. Endocrinology. 2002;143:1833-44 pubmed..Accordingly, successful antral follicle development, ovulation, and corpus luteum formation may be contingent on an IGFBP-4-deplete/PAPP-A-replete circumstance, hence resulting in an IGF-I-replete intrafollicular microenvironment. ..
- Escobar H, Crockett D, Reyes Vargas E, Baena A, Rockwood A, Jensen P, et al. Large scale mass spectrometric profiling of peptides eluted from HLA molecules reveals N-terminal-extended peptide motifs. J Immunol. 2008;181:4874-82 pubmed..In addition, these results expand the knowledge about the identity of anchor positions in HLA class I-associated peptides that can be used for characterization of HLA class I motifs. ..
- Chen P, Dendorfer A, Finol Urdaneta R, Terlau H, Olivera B. Biochemical characterization of kappaM-RIIIJ, a Kv1.2 channel blocker: evaluation of cardioprotective effects of kappaM-conotoxins. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:14882-9 pubmed publisher..2 alpha-subunit rather than antagonism to Kv1.2 homotetramers. Furthermore, kappaM-RIIIK and kappaM-RIIIJ provide a valuable set of probes for understanding the underlying mechanism of cardioprotection. ..
- Groden J, Thliveris A, Samowitz W, Carlson M, Gelbert L, Albertsen H, et al. Identification and characterization of the familial adenomatous polyposis coli gene. Cell. 1991;66:589-600 pubmed..Analysis of DNA from parents of one of these patients showed that his 2 bp deletion is a new mutation; furthermore, the mutation was transmitted to two of his children. These data have established that DP2.5 is the APC gene. ..
- Brown P, Hill C, Blair D. Crystal structure of the middle and C-terminal domains of the flagellar rotor protein FliG. EMBO J. 2002;21:3225-34 pubmed publisher..We propose a model for the organization of FliG-MC molecules in the flagellum, and suggest that CW/CCW switching might occur by movement of the C-terminal domain relative to other parts of FliG, under the control of FliM...
- Bolger G, Peden A, Steele M, MacKenzie C, McEwan D, Wallace D, et al. Attenuation of the activity of the cAMP-specific phosphodiesterase PDE4A5 by interaction with the immunophilin XAP2. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:33351-63 pubmed..We suggest that XAP2 functionally interacts with PDE4A5 in cells. ..
- Speese S, Petrie M, Schuske K, Ailion M, Ann K, Iwasaki K, et al. UNC-31 (CAPS) is required for dense-core vesicle but not synaptic vesicle exocytosis in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Neurosci. 2007;27:6150-62 pubmed..Our results suggest that CAPS/UNC-31 and UNC-13 serve parallel and dedicated roles in dense-core vesicle and synaptic vesicle exocytosis, respectively, in the C. elegans nervous system. ..