Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular chaperones in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Locale: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Topic: molecular chaperones
- Horng Y, Cobine P, Maxfield A, Carr H, Winge D. Specific copper transfer from the Cox17 metallochaperone to both Sco1 and Cox11 in the assembly of yeast cytochrome C oxidase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:35334-40 pubmed..Metallation of these domains was strictly dependent on the co-expression of Cox17. Thus, Cox17 represents a novel copper chaperone that delivers copper to two proteins. ..
- Raina S, Missiakas D, Baird L, Kumar S, Georgopoulos C. Identification and transcriptional analysis of the Escherichia coli htrE operon which is homologous to pap and related pilin operons. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:5009-21 pubmed
- Rigby K, Zhang L, Cobine P, George G, Winge D. characterization of the cytochrome c oxidase assembly factor Cox19 of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:10233-42 pubmed..Cysteinyl residues important for Cu(I) binding are also shown to be important for the in vivo function of Cox19. Thus, a correlation exists in the ability to bind Cu(I) and in vivo function. ..
- Takahata S, Yu Y, Stillman D. FACT and Asf1 regulate nucleosome dynamics and coactivator binding at the HO promoter. Mol Cell. 2009;34:405-15 pubmed publisher..The Swi/Snf, SAGA, and Mediator coactivators bind first to the far upstream promoter region and subsequently to a promoter proximal region, and FACT and Asf1 are both required for this coactivator re-recruitment. ..
- Cui T, Smith P, Fox J, Khalimonchuk O, Winge D. Late-stage maturation of the Rieske Fe/S protein: Mzm1 stabilizes Rip1 but does not facilitate its translocation by the AAA ATPase Bcs1. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:4400-9 pubmed publisher..However, the Rip1 variants were not stably associated with the supercomplex. The induced supercomplex stabilization by the Rip1 N terminus was independent of Mzm1. ..
- Kish Trier E, Hill C. Structural biology of the proteasome. Annu Rev Biophys. 2013;42:29-49 pubmed publisher..Other recent structural advances inform us about mechanisms of assembly and the role of conformational changes in the functional cycle. ..
- Kemble D, Whitby F, Robinson H, McCullough L, Formosa T, Hill C. Structure of the Spt16 middle domain reveals functional features of the histone chaperone FACT. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:10188-94 pubmed publisher..Our structure provides a framework for interpreting a large body of genetic data regarding the physiological functions of FACT, including the identification of potential interaction surfaces for binding histones or other proteins. ..
- Heaton D, George G, Garrison G, Winge D. The mitochondrial copper metallochaperone Cox17 exists as an oligomeric, polycopper complex. Biochemistry. 2001;40:743-51 pubmed..Thus, the oligomeric state of Cox17 may be important to its physiological function. ..
- Aung T, Ozaki M, Lee M, Schlötzer Schrehardt U, Thorleifsson G, Mizoguchi T, et al. Genetic association study of exfoliation syndrome identifies a protective rare variant at LOXL1 and five new susceptibility loci. Nat Genet. 2017;49:993-1004 pubmed publisher..3 (TMEM136), 6p21 (AGPAT1), 3p24 (RBMS3) and 5q23 (near SEMA6A). These findings provide biological insights into the pathology of XFS and highlight a potential role for naturally occurring rare LOXL1 variants in disease biology. ..
- Christensen C, Gorsich S, Brown R, Jones L, Brown J, Shaw J, et al. Mitochondrial GFA2 is required for synergid cell death in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2002;14:2215-32 pubmed..GFA2 is targeted to mitochondria in Arabidopsis and partially complements a yeast mdj1 mutant, suggesting that GFA2 is the Arabidopsis ortholog of yeast Mdj1p. These data suggest a role for mitochondria in cell death in plants. ..