Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Locale: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Publications679 found, 100 shown here
- Jacobson A, Weis J, Weis J. Complement receptors 1 and 2 influence the immune environment in a B cell receptor-independent manner. J Immunol. 2008;180:5057-66 pubmed..This difference may be responsible for a number of the phenotypes ascribed to the deficiency of CD21/35 proteins on B cells and follicular dendritic cells. ..
- De La O J, Murtaugh L. Notch and Kras in pancreatic cancer: at the crossroads of mutation, differentiation and signaling. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:1860-4 pubmed
- Gustafson J, Price R, Greish K, Cappello J, Ghandehari H. Silk-elastin-like hydrogel improves the safety of adenovirus-mediated gene-directed enzyme-prodrug therapy. Mol Pharm. 2010;7:1050-6 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, recombinant SELPs offer a significant reduction in toxicity of virus-mediated GDEPT treatment compared to free virus injection in the acute and subacute phases. ..
- Scaife C, SHEA J, Emerson L, Boucher K, Firpo M, Beckerle M, et al. Prognostic significance of PINCH signalling in human pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. HPB (Oxford). 2010;12:352-8 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the importance of the differential expression of PINCH in the human tumour and stroma warrants further evaluation. ..
- Wang X, Kopinke D, Lin J, McPherson A, Duncan R, Otsuna H, et al. Wnt signaling regulates postembryonic hypothalamic progenitor differentiation. Dev Cell. 2012;23:624-36 pubmed publisher..This study establishes the vertebrate hypothalamus as a model for Wnt-regulated postembryonic neural progenitor differentiation and defines specific roles for Wnt signaling in neurogenesis. ..
- Karler R, Calder L, Bedingfield J. Cocaine behavioral sensitization and the excitatory amino acids. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 1994;115:305-10 pubmed..The pharmacological data suggest that the mechanism of induction differs from that of expression, and that the mechanism of expression for cocaine sensitization differs from that for amphetamine. ..
- Jacquinet E, Rao N, Rao G, Hoidal J. Cloning, genomic organization, chromosomal assignment and expression of a novel mosaic serine proteinase: epitheliasin. FEBS Lett. 2000;468:93-100 pubmed..Epitheliasin is expressed primarily in the apical surfaces of renal tubular and airway epithelial cells. ..
- He L, Dinger B, Sanders K, Hoidal J, Obeso A, Stensaas L, et al. Effect of p47phox gene deletion on ROS production and oxygen sensing in mouse carotid body chemoreceptor cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2005;289:L916-24 pubmed..Our findings suggest that local compartmental increases in oxidase activity and ROS production inhibit the activity of type I cells by facilitating K+ channel activity in hypoxia. ..
- Hao H, Cardon C, Swiatek W, Cooksey R, Smith T, Wilde J, et al. PAS kinase is required for normal cellular energy balance. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:15466-71 pubmed..We therefore hypothesize that PASK acts in a cell-autonomous manner to maintain cellular energy homeostasis and is a potential therapeutic target for metabolic disease. ..
- Pan H, Liu J, Dong Y, Sima M, Kopeckova P, Brandi M, et al. Release of prostaglandin E(1) from N-(2-hydroxypropyl)methacrylamide copolymer conjugates by bone cells. Macromol Biosci. 2008;8:599-605 pubmed publisher..Confocal fluorescence studies exposed internalization of the conjugate by endocytosis with ultimate localization in the lysosomal/endosomal compartment. ..
- Lee H, Smith M, Smith B, Grussendorf J, Xu L, Gillies R, et al. Anticonvulsant Met-enkephalin analogues containing backbone spacers reveal alternative non-opioid signaling in the brain. ACS Chem Biol. 2009;4:659-71 pubmed publisher..In summary, the results obtained with the analogues containing backbone spacers suggest a novel mechanism for seizure control in the brain that involves alternative non-opioid signaling. ..
- Singh N, Tiem M, Watkins R, Cho Y, Wang Y, Olsen T, et al. Soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 3 is essential for corneal alymphaticity. Blood. 2013;121:4242-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, sVEGFR-3 has the potential to protect the injured cornea from opacification secondary to infection, inflammation, or transplant rejection. ..
- Zhang T, Fu Y. A Phe-rich region in short-wavelength sensitive opsins is responsible for their aggregation in the absence of 11-cis-retinal. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:2430-4 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that new therapeutics can be designed to disrupt the Phe-rich region in preventing cone degeneration due to S-opsin aggregation in LCA. ..
- Mansour S, Goddard J, Capecchi M. Mice homozygous for a targeted disruption of the proto-oncogene int-2 have developmental defects in the tail and inner ear. Development. 1993;117:13-28 pubmed..Thus, we conclude that even in a uniform genetic background, stochastic variation in the expression of a developmental circuit can result in dramatic differences in phenotypic consequences. ..
- Condie B, Bain G, Gottlieb D, Capecchi M. Cleft palate in mice with a targeted mutation in the gamma-aminobutyric acid-producing enzyme glutamic acid decarboxylase 67. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:11451-5 pubmed..The striking similarity in phenotype between the receptor and ligand mutations clearly demonstrates a role for GABA signaling in normal palate development. ..
- Whitby F, Phillips J, Kushner J, Hill C. Crystal structure of human uroporphyrinogen decarboxylase. EMBO J. 1998;17:2463-71 pubmed..1 microM), and this dimer also appears to be formed in the crystal. Assembly of the dimer juxtaposes the active site clefts of the monomers, suggesting a functionally important interaction between the catalytic centers. ..
- Allen S, Florell S, Hanks A, Alexander A, Diedrich M, Altieri D, et al. Survivin expression in mouse skin prevents papilloma regression and promotes chemical-induced tumor progression. Cancer Res. 2003;63:567-72 pubmed
- Wilson B, Ii M, Park K, Suli A, Sorensen L, Larrieu Lahargue F, et al. Netrins promote developmental and therapeutic angiogenesis. Science. 2006;313:640-4 pubmed..We propose that the attractive vascular and neural guidance functions of netrins offer a unique therapeutic potential. ..
- Sangiorgi E, Capecchi M. Bmi1 is expressed in vivo in intestinal stem cells. Nat Genet. 2008;40:915-20 pubmed publisher..Unexpectedly, the distribution of Bmi1-expressing stem cells along the length of the small intestine suggested that mammals use more than one molecularly distinguishable adult stem cell subpopulation to maintain organ homeostasis. ..
- Bulaj G, Green B, Lee H, Robertson C, White K, Zhang L, et al. Design, synthesis, and characterization of high-affinity, systemically-active galanin analogues with potent anticonvulsant activities. J Med Chem. 2008;51:8038-47 pubmed publisher..Gal-B2 may lead to development of first-in-class antiepileptic drugs. ..
- Bleyl S, Saijoh Y, Bax N, Gittenberger de Groot A, Wisse L, Chapman S, et al. Dysregulation of the PDGFRA gene causes inflow tract anomalies including TAPVR: integrating evidence from human genetics and model organisms. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:1286-301 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data from human genetics and animal models support a role for PDGF-signaling in normal PV development, and in the pathogenesis of TAPVR. ..
- Ahmed K, Warner S, Chen A, Gourley E, Liu X, Vankayalapati H, et al. In vitro and in vivo characterization of SGI-1252, a small molecule inhibitor of JAK2. Exp Hematol. 2011;39:14-25 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies support further development of SGI-1252 for clinical use. ..
- Goldsby R, Singh M, Preston B. Mouse DNA polymerase epsilon gene (Pole) maps to chromosome 5. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:91-2 pubmed
- Olsen A, Bolger G. Physical mapping and promoter structure of the murine cAMP-specific phosphodiesterase pde4a gene. Mamm Genome. 2000;11:41-5 pubmed..Analysis of YAC clones determined that the Pde4a gene maps to the 4-cM region of Chromosome (Chr) 9, close to Ldlr and Epor, in a region syntenic to human PDE4A. ..
- Viskochil D. It takes two to tango: mast cell and Schwann cell interactions in neurofibromas. J Clin Invest. 2003;112:1791-3 pubmed..These results set the stage for rational development of therapeutics that could influence the multicellular microenvironment of neurofibromas to inhibit the development and/or progression of these tumors in human NF1. ..
- Fuhrmann S, Riesenberg A, Mathiesen A, Brown E, Vetter M, Brown N. Characterization of a transient TCF/LEF-responsive progenitor population in the embryonic mouse retina. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:432-40 pubmed publisher..TCF/LEF activation in the central retina does not correlate with Wnt/beta-catenin signaling, pointing to an alternate role for this transcription factor family during retinal development. ..
- Nam H, McGinn A, Kim P, KIM S, Bull D. Primary cardiomyocyte-targeted bioreducible polymer for efficient gene delivery to the myocardium. Biomaterials. 2010;31:8081-7 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the utility of the addition of a primary cardiomyocyte (PCM) specific peptide modification to a bioreducible polymer for targeted delivery of Fas siRNA to inhibit cardiomyocyte apoptosis. ..
- Huffaker T, Hu R, Runtsch M, Bake E, Chen X, Zhao J, et al. Epistasis between microRNAs 155 and 146a during T cell-mediated antitumor immunity. Cell Rep. 2012;2:1697-709 pubmed publisher..Our work reveals critical roles for miRNAs in the reciprocal regulation of CD4(+) and CD8(+) T cell-mediated antitumor immunity and demonstrates the dominant nature of miR-155 during its promotion of immune responses. ..
- Russell C, Richards A, Chang A, Mulvey M. The Rhomboid Protease GlpG Promotes the Persistence of Extraintestinal Pathogenic Escherichia coli within the Gut. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..This work reveals a novel biological role for a rhomboid protease and highlights new avenues for defining mechanisms by which ExPEC strains colonize the mammalian gastrointestinal tract. ..
- Nishitani A, Ohta S, Yung A, Del Rio T, Gordon M, Abraira V, et al. Distinct functions for netrin 1 in chicken and murine semicircular canal morphogenesis. Development. 2017;144:3349-3360 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the importance of apoptosis for tissue morphogenesis and suggest that Ntn1 may play divergent cellular roles despite its conserved expression during canal morphogenesis in chicken and mouse. ..
- Bleyl S, Moshrefi A, Shaw G, Saijoh Y, Schoenwolf G, Pennacchio L, et al. Candidate genes for congenital diaphragmatic hernia from animal models: sequencing of FOG2 and PDGFRalpha reveals rare variants in diaphragmatic hernia patients. Eur J Hum Genet. 2007;15:950-8 pubmed..Although our study identified sequence variants in FOG2 and PDGFRalpha, we have not definitively established the variants as mutations and we found no evidence that CDH commonly results from mutations in these genes. ..
- Wu S, Ying G, Wu Q, Capecchi M. Toward simpler and faster genome-wide mutagenesis in mice. Nat Genet. 2007;39:922-30 pubmed
- Zhang Y, Andrews G, Wang L. Zinc-induced Dnmt1 expression involves antagonism between MTF-1 and nuclear receptor SHP. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:4850-60 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a molecular explanation for increased Dnmt1 expression in HCC and highlights SHP as a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Kim C, WILSON T, Fischer K, Williams M. Sustained interactions between T cell receptors and antigens promote the differentiation of CD4? memory T cells. Immunity. 2013;39:508-20 pubmed publisher..We conclude that stable and sustained interactions with antigens during the development of Th1 responses to acute infection are a determinative factor in promoting the differentiation of Th1 memory cells. ..
- Van Raay T, Wang Y, Stark M, Rasmussen J, Francke U, Vetter M, et al. frizzled 9 is expressed in neural precursor cells in the developing neural tube. Dev Genes Evol. 2001;211:453-7 pubmed..5, a region specified to give rise to neurons and glia. Using a polyclonal antibody to MFZ9 further shows expression limited to neural restricted precursors cells. ..
- Chow S, Yen Chow Y, Woodbury D. Studies on pH regulatory mechanisms in cultured astrocytes of DBA and C57 mice. Epilepsia. 1992;33:775-84 pubmed..Both bumetanide, an Na+,K+/Cl- cotransport blocker, and KCN, a metabolic inhibitor, produced no significant effect on the steady-state pHi or the response of pHi to changing ionic concentration in media in both DBA and C57 astrocytes. ..
- Xu P, Huecksteadt T, Harrison R, Hoidal J. Molecular cloning, tissue expression of human xanthine dehydrogenase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;199:998-1004 pubmed..The assignment of the N-terminal was confirmed by directly sequencing that region of purified human milk XDH. Northern blot analysis shows that the human XDH gene is widely expressed in human tissues. ..
- Litwin C, Rayback T, Skinner J. Role of catechol siderophore synthesis in Vibrio vulnificus virulence. Infect Immun. 1996;64:2834-8 pubmed..The deduced amino acid sequence of venB is 41% identical to the enzyme isochorismatase of Escherichia coli (EntB), an enzyme involved in the biosynthesis of the catechol siderophore enterobactin...
- Li D, Brooke B, Davis E, Mecham R, Sorensen L, Boak B, et al. Elastin is an essential determinant of arterial morphogenesis. Nature. 1998;393:276-80 pubmed..Thus, elastin has an unanticipated regulatory function during arterial development, controlling proliferation of smooth muscle and stabilizing arterial structure. ..
- Opitz J. RSH (so-called Smith-Lemli-Opitz) syndrome. Curr Opin Pediatr. 1999;11:353-62 pubmed..Many other defects in this pathway remain to be discovered. ..
- Holland W, Brozinick J, Wang L, Hawkins E, Sargent K, Liu Y, et al. Inhibition of ceramide synthesis ameliorates glucocorticoid-, saturated-fat-, and obesity-induced insulin resistance. Cell Metab. 2007;5:167-79 pubmed..Second, they identify enzymes required for ceramide synthesis as therapeutic targets for combating insulin resistance caused by nutrient excess or glucocorticoid therapy. ..
- Yockman J, Kim W, Chang C, Kim S. Non-viral delivery of interleukin-2 and soluble Flk-1 inhibits metastatic and primary tumor growth in renal cell carcinoma. Gene Ther. 2007;14:1399-405 pubmed..Our work clearly demonstrates that non-viral delivery of p2CMVIL2/msFlk1 can inhibit RENCA growth in a synergistic manner and may represent a new treatment for renal carcinoma. ..
- Benjamin I, Guo Y, Srinivasan S, Boudina S, Taylor R, Rajasekaran N, et al. CRYAB and HSPB2 deficiency alters cardiac metabolism and paradoxically confers protection against myocardial ischemia in aging mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;293:H3201-9 pubmed..We discuss the implications of these disparate results in the context of phenotypic responses reported for CRYAB/HSPB2-deficient mice to different ischemic challenges. ..
- Smith M, Blankman E, Gardel M, Luettjohann L, Waterman C, Beckerle M. A zyxin-mediated mechanism for actin stress fiber maintenance and repair. Dev Cell. 2010;19:365-76 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate a mechanism for rapid repair and maintenance of the structural integrity of the actin cytoskeleton...
- Li B, Vachali P, Frederick J, Bernstein P. Identification of StARD3 as a lutein-binding protein in the macula of the primate retina. Biochemistry. 2011;50:2541-9 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate previously unrecognized, specific interactions of StARD3 with lutein and provide novel avenues for exploring its roles in human macular physiology and disease. ..
- Nelson A, Colson K, Harmon S, Potts W. Rapid adaptation to mammalian sociality via sexually selected traits. BMC Evol Biol. 2013;13:81 pubmed publisher..Re-introducing wild-derived mice to competition quickly uncovers sexually selected phenotypes otherwise lost in normal colony breeding. ..
- Mangale V, Marro B, Plaisted W, Walsh C, Lane T. Neural precursor cells derived from induced pluripotent stem cells exhibit reduced susceptibility to infection with a neurotropic coronavirus. Virology. 2017;511:49-55 pubmed publisher..The relevance of this in terms of therapeutic application of NPCs resistant to viral infection is discussed. ..
- Matsunami N, Smith B, Ballard L, Lensch M, Robertson M, Albertsen H, et al. Peripheral myelin protein-22 gene maps in the duplication in chromosome 17p11.2 associated with Charcot-Marie-Tooth 1A. Nat Genet. 1992;1:176-9 pubmed..These observations further implicate PMP-22 as a candidate gene for CMT1A, and suggest that over-expression of this gene may be one mechanism that produces the CMT1A phenotype. ..
- Howes K, Pennesi M, Sokal I, Church Kopish J, Schmidt B, Margolis D, et al. GCAP1 rescues rod photoreceptor response in GCAP1/GCAP2 knockout mice. EMBO J. 2002;21:1545-54 pubmed..These results demonstrate that GCAP1 at near normal levels supports the generation of wild-type flash responses in the absence of GCAP2. ..
- Kang J, Goodman B, Zheng Y, Tantin D. Dynamic regulation of Oct1 during mitosis by phosphorylation and ubiquitination. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23872 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal mechanistic coupling between Oct1 phosphorylation and ubquitination during mitotic progression, and a role for Oct1 in mitosis. ..
- Jo A, Lakk M, Frye A, Phuong T, Redmon S, Roberts R, et al. Differential volume regulation and calcium signaling in two ciliary body cell types is subserved by TRPV4 channels. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:3885-90 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results support a model whereby TRPV4 differentially regulates cell volume, lipid, and calcium signals in NPE and PE cell types and therefore represents a potential target for antiglaucoma medications. ..
- Manley N, Capecchi M. Hox group 3 paralogous genes act synergistically in the formation of somitic and neural crest-derived structures. Dev Biol. 1997;192:274-88 pubmed..This suggests that the identity of the specific Hox genes that are functional in a given region may not be as critical as the total number of Hox genes operating in that region. ..
- McCright I, Tsunoda I, Libbey J, Fujinami R. Mutation in loop I of VP1 of Theiler's virus delays viral RNA release into cells and enhances antibody-mediated neutralization: a mechanism for the failure of persistence by the mutant virus. J Neurovirol. 2002;8:100-10 pubmed..Conversely, rapid RNA release and resistance to neutralization could favor virus persistence in DA virus infection. ..
- Luo B, Prescott S, Topham M. Association of diacylglycerol kinase zeta with protein kinase C alpha: spatial regulation of diacylglycerol signaling. J Cell Biol. 2003;160:929-37 pubmed..Together, our results suggest that DGKzeta spatially regulates PKCalpha activity by attenuating local accumulation of signaling DAG. This regulation is impaired by PKCalpha-mediated DGKzeta phosphorylation. ..
- Zhang H, Zhang A, Kohan D, Nelson R, Gonzalez F, Yang T. Collecting duct-specific deletion of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma blocks thiazolidinedione-induced fluid retention. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:9406-11 pubmed..These findings demonstrate a PPARgamma-dependent pathway in regulation of sodium transport in the CD that underlies TZD-induced fluid retention. ..
- Opitz J, Putnam A, Comstock J, Chin S, Byrne J, Kennedy A, et al. Mortality and pathological findings in C (Opitz trigonocephaly) syndrome. Fetal Pediatr Pathol. 2006;25:211-31 pubmed..g., mice) to further understanding of pathogenesis. ..
- Carlson N, Rojas M, Black J, Redd J, Hille J, Hill K, et al. Microglial inhibition of neuroprotection by antagonists of the EP1 prostaglandin E2 receptor. J Neuroinflammation. 2009;6:5 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate microglial modulation of neuronal excitotoxicity through interaction with the EP1 receptor and may have important implications in vivo where microglia are associated with neuronal injury. ..
- Debnath I, Roundy K, Pioli P, Weis J, Weis J. Bone marrow-induced Mef2c deficiency delays B-cell development and alters the expression of key B-cell regulatory proteins. Int Immunol. 2013;25:99-115 pubmed publisher..Chromatin immunoprecipitation analysis confirmed Mef2c binding to the promoters of these genes indicating a direct link between the presence (or absence) of Mef2c and altered transcriptional control in mature B-cells. ..
- Butler M, Ma H, Yang F, Belcher J, Le Y, Mikoshiba K, et al. Endoplasmic reticulum (ER) Ca2+-channel activity contributes to ER stress and cone death in cyclic nucleotide-gated channel deficiency. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:11189-11205 pubmed publisher..These results thus identify a novel molecular link between Ca2+ homeostasis and cone degeneration, thereby revealing novel therapeutic targets to preserve cones in inherited retinal degenerative diseases. ..
- Peng C, Engle S, Yan Y, Weera M, Berry J, Arvin M, et al. Altered nicotine reward-associated behavior following ?4 nAChR subunit deletion in ventral midbrain. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182142 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that attenuation of ?4* nAChR function in reward-related brain circuitry of adult animals may increase nicotine intake by enhancing the rewarding effects and/or reducing the aversive effects of nicotine. ..
- Rogers S, Gahring L. Nicotinic receptor Alpha7 expression during tooth morphogenesis reveals functional pleiotropy. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36467 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate distinct and varied spatiotemporal expression of alpha7 during tooth development, and they suggest that dysfunction of this receptor would have diverse impacts upon the adult organ. ..
- Kim P, Lee M, Kim S. Delivery of two-step transcription amplification exendin-4 plasmid system with arginine-grafted bioreducible polymer in type 2 diabetes animal model. J Control Release. 2012;162:9-18 pubmed publisher..TSTA exendin-4 expression system with SP and ABP polymer has a potential gene therapy for the treatment of type 2 diabetes...
- Kurtz C, O TOOLE E, Christensen S, Weis J. The murine complement receptor gene family. IV. Alternative splicing of Cr2 gene transcripts predicts two distinct gene products that share homologous domains with both human CR2 and CR1. J Immunol. 1990;144:3581-91 pubmed..DNA sequence analysis, RNA protection studies and genomic phage mapping indicate the transcripts which encode these proteins are derived from the Cr2 gene via alternative splicing. ..
- Thomas K, Capecchi M. Targeted disruption of the murine int-1 proto-oncogene resulting in severe abnormalities in midbrain and cerebellar development. Nature. 1990;346:847-50 pubmed
- Bass B. Double-stranded RNA as a template for gene silencing. Cell. 2000;101:235-8 pubmed
- White H, Franklin M, Kupferberg H, Schmutz M, Stables J, WOLF H. The anticonvulsant profile of rufinamide (CGP 33101) in rodent seizure models. Epilepsia. 2008;49:1213-20 pubmed publisher..The efficacy and behavioral toxicity profiles in these animal models suggest that rufinamide may be effective in the treatment of generalized and partial seizures. ..
- Hatch E, Urness L, Mansour S. Fgf16(IRESCre) mice: a tool to inactivate genes expressed in inner ear cristae and spiral prominence epithelium. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:358-66 pubmed publisher..This strain will be useful for gene ablations in these tissues. ..
- Gunther C, Nye J, Bryner R, Graves B. Sequence-specific DNA binding of the proto-oncoprotein ets-1 defines a transcriptional activator sequence within the long terminal repeat of the Moloney murine sarcoma virus. Genes Dev. 1990;4:667-79 pubmed..We propose that ets-1 functions as a transcriptional activator of mammalian type-C retroviruses and speculate that ets-related genes constitute a new group of eukaryotic DNA-binding proteins...
- Condie B, Capecchi M. Mice with targeted disruptions in the paralogous genes hoxa-3 and hoxd-3 reveal synergistic interactions. Nature. 1994;370:304-7 pubmed..These observations are interpreted in terms of a model in which these Hox genes differentially regulate the proliferation rates of the appropriate sets of precursor cells. ..
- Stachel S, Grunwald D, Myers P. Lithium perturbation and goosecoid expression identify a dorsal specification pathway in the pregastrula zebrafish. Development. 1993;117:1261-74 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that the zebrafish dorsal axis is signaled by a pathway initiated in the cleavage-stage embryo. Furthermore, they provide novel insights into anterior morphogenesis. ..
- Tanaka M, Hennebold J, Macfarlane J, Adashi E. A mammalian oocyte-specific linker histone gene H1oo: homology with the genes for the oocyte-specific cleavage stage histone (cs-H1) of sea urchin and the B4/H1M histone of the frog. Development. 2001;128:655-64 pubmed
- Chen C, Zhang K, Church Kopish J, Huang W, Zhang H, Chen Y, et al. Characterization of human GRK7 as a potential cone opsin kinase. Mol Vis. 2001;7:305-13 pubmed..The absence of GRK7 expression in cone outer segments of mice is consistent with the notion that mouse cones rely solely on GRK1 to shutoff cone visual pigments. ..
- Kriesel J. The roles of inflammation, STAT transcription factors, and nerve growth factor in viral reactivation and herpes keratitis. DNA Cell Biol. 2002;21:475-81 pubmed..These studies suggest that the inhibitory effects of NGF/trkA signaling are lost after TG explantation while STAT expression is maintained, allowing HSV-1 reactivation to proceed. ..
- Dong J, Opresko L, Chrisler W, Orr G, Quesenberry R, Lauffenburger D, et al. The membrane-anchoring domain of epidermal growth factor receptor ligands dictates their ability to operate in juxtacrine mode. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:2984-98 pubmed..Our data suggest that the membrane-anchoring domain of ligands selectively controls their ability to participate in juxtacrine signaling and thus, only a subclass of EGFR ligands can act in a juxtacrine mode. ..
- Pufall M, Lee G, Nelson M, Kang H, Velyvis A, Kay L, et al. Variable control of Ets-1 DNA binding by multiple phosphates in an unstructured region. Science. 2005;309:142-5 pubmed..Variable phosphorylation thus serves as a "rheostat" for cell signaling to fine-tune transcription at the level of DNA binding. ..
- Boudina S, Sena S, Theobald H, Sheng X, Wright J, Hu X, et al. Mitochondrial energetics in the heart in obesity-related diabetes: direct evidence for increased uncoupled respiration and activation of uncoupling proteins. Diabetes. 2007;56:2457-66 pubmed
- Binning M, Niazi T, Pedone C, Lal B, Eberhart C, Kim K, et al. Hepatocyte growth factor and sonic Hedgehog expression in cerebellar neural progenitor cells costimulate medulloblastoma initiation and growth. Cancer Res. 2008;68:7838-45 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate a role for HGF in medulloblastoma initiation and growth and show efficacy of HGF-targeted therapy in a mouse model of endogenously arising tumors. ..
- Haldar M, Hedberg M, Hockin M, Capecchi M. A CreER-based random induction strategy for modeling translocation-associated sarcomas in mice. Cancer Res. 2009;69:3657-64 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this strategy may recapitulate multiple potential cellular origins within a single model system. ..
- Zhang Q, McMillin S, Tanner J, Palionyte M, Abel E, Symons J. Endothelial nitric oxide synthase phosphorylation in treadmill-running mice: role of vascular signalling kinases. J Physiol. 2009;587:3911-20 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that Akt and AMPK contribute importantly to vascular eNOS S1177 phosphorylation during treadmill-running, and that AMPK is sufficient to activate p-eNOS S1177 in the presence of PI3K inhibition. ..
- Koening C, Miller J, Nelson J, Ward D, Kushner J, Bockenstedt L, et al. Toll-like receptors mediate induction of hepcidin in mice infected with Borrelia burgdorferi. Blood. 2009;114:1913-8 pubmed publisher..Hepcidin expression induced by B burgdorferi was mediated primarily by activation of Toll-like receptor 2. ..
- Greish K, Frandsen J, Scharff S, Gustafson J, Cappello J, Li D, et al. Silk-elastinlike protein polymers improve the efficacy of adenovirus thymidine kinase enzyme prodrug therapy of head and neck tumors. J Gene Med. 2010;12:572-9 pubmed publisher..The SELP-controlled gene delivery approach could potentially improve the anticancer activity of virus-mediated gene therapy at the same time as limiting viral spread to normal organs. ..
- Wang L, Becker J, Wu Q, Oliveira M, Bozza F, Schwager A, et al. Bioimaging of copper alterations in the aging mouse brain by autoradiography, laser ablation inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry and immunohistochemistry. Metallomics. 2010;2:348-53 pubmed publisher..This study illustrates the importance of a multi-modality approach in studying the biodistribution and homeostasis of Cu in the brain. ..
- Lochhead R, Sonderegger F, Ma Y, Brewster J, Cornwall D, Maylor Hagen H, et al. Endothelial cells and fibroblasts amplify the arthritogenic type I IFN response in murine Lyme disease and are major sources of chemokines in Borrelia burgdorferi-infected joint tissue. J Immunol. 2012;189:2488-501 pubmed publisher
- von Figura G, Fukuda A, Roy N, Liku M, Morris Iv J, Kim G, et al. The chromatin regulator Brg1 suppresses formation of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm and pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:255-67 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this study implicates Brg1 as a determinant of context-dependent Kras-driven pancreatic tumorigenesis and suggests that chromatin remodelling may underlie the development of distinct PDA subsets. ..
- Perou C, Pryor R, Naas T, Kaplan J. The bg allele mutation is due to a LINE1 element retrotransposition. Genomics. 1997;42:366-8 pubmed
- Hostikka S, Capecchi M. The mouse Hoxc11 gene: genomic structure and expression pattern. Mech Dev. 1998;70:133-45 pubmed..In the hindlimbs, Hoxc11 expression is seen in the mesenchyme posterior to the region forming the femur and fibula, but does not extend anteriorly to the region giving rise to the tibia or distally to the tarsal bones. ..