Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on hydrogen peroxide in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Locale: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Topic: hydrogen peroxide
- Delaney J, Ang D, Georgopoulos C. Isolation and characterization of the Escherichia coli htrD gene, whose product is required for growth at high temperatures. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:1240-7 pubmed..coli. ..
- Delaney J, Wall D, Georgopoulos C. Molecular characterization of the Escherichia coli htrD gene: cloning, sequence, regulation, and involvement with cytochrome d oxidase. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:166-75 pubmed..In agreement with this conclusion, htrD mutant bacteria are unable to oxidize the cytochrome d-specific electron donor N,N,N',N'-tetramethyl-p-phenylenediamine...
- Boudina S, Sena S, Theobald H, Sheng X, Wright J, Hu X, et al. Mitochondrial energetics in the heart in obesity-related diabetes: direct evidence for increased uncoupled respiration and activation of uncoupling proteins. Diabetes. 2007;56:2457-66 pubmed
- Fleming A, Muller J, Ji I, Burrows C. Characterization of 2'-deoxyguanosine oxidation products observed in the Fenton-like system Cu(II)/H2O2/reductant in nucleoside and oligodeoxynucleotide contexts. Org Biomol Chem. 2011;9:3338-48 pubmed publisher..Product distribution studies provide insight into the role of the reductant in partitioning of dG base oxidation along the C5 and C8 pathways. ..
- Li L, Kaplan J. The yeast gene MSC2, a member of the cation diffusion facilitator family, affects the cellular distribution of zinc. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:5036-43 pubmed..An epitope-tagged Msc2p was localized to the endoplasmic reticulum/nucleus. These results suggest that Msc2p affects the cellular distribution of zinc and, in particular, the zinc content of nuclei. ..
- Price Carter M, Fazzio T, Vallbona E, Roth J. Polyphosphate kinase protects Salmonella enterica from weak organic acid stress. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:3088-99 pubmed publisher..The instability of MetA protein may provide a metabolic fuse that blocks growth under conditions that denature proteins; the sensitivity of this fuse is modulated by polyphosphate...
- Khalimonchuk O, Bird A, Winge D. Evidence for a pro-oxidant intermediate in the assembly of cytochrome oxidase. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:17442-9 pubmed..Studies on the hydrogen peroxide sensitivity in CcO assembly mutants reveal new aspects of the CcO assembly process. ..
- Heo J, Livnat Levanon N, Taylor E, Jones K, Dephoure N, Ring J, et al. A stress-responsive system for mitochondrial protein degradation. Mol Cell. 2010;40:465-80 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that Vms1 is a required component of an evolutionarily conserved system for mitochondrial protein degradation, which is necessary to maintain mitochondrial, cellular, and organismal viability. ..
- Li Y, Wende A, Nunthakungwan O, Huang Y, Hu E, Jin H, et al. Cytosolic, but not mitochondrial, oxidative stress is a likely contributor to cardiac hypertrophy resulting from cardiac specific GLUT4 deletion in mice. FEBS J. 2012;279:599-611 pubmed publisher..The ability of tempol to attenuate cardiac hypertrophy suggests that a cytosolic source of reactive oxygen species, probably NOX2, may contribute to the hypertrophic phenotype in G4H(-/-) mice. ..
- Donovan G, Norton J, Bower J, Mulvey M. Adenylate cyclase and the cyclic AMP receptor protein modulate stress resistance and virulence capacity of uropathogenic Escherichia coli. Infect Immun. 2013;81:249-58 pubmed publisher..We conclude that balanced input from many cAMP-CRP-responsive elements, including RpoS, is critical to the ability of UPEC to handle the nutrient limitations and severe environmental stresses present within the mammalian urinary tract...