Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on female in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Locale: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Publications148 found, 100 shown here
- Slattery M, Mullany L, Sakoda L, Samowitz W, Wolff R, Stevens J, et al. The NF-?B signalling pathway in colorectal cancer: associations between dysregulated gene and miRNA expression. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2018;144:269-283 pubmed publisher..Focusing on the genes and their associated miRNAs within the entire signalling pathway provides a comprehensive understanding of this complex pathway as it relates to CRC and offers insight into potential therapeutic agents. ..
- Ugai T, Kelemen L, Mizuno M, Ong J, Webb P, Chenevix Trench G, et al. Ovarian cancer risk, ALDH2 polymorphism and alcohol drinking: Asian data from the Ovarian Cancer Association Consortium. Cancer Sci. 2018;109:435-445 pubmed publisher..This association will require replication in a larger sample. ..
- Lee S, Day N, Miles R, Perkins S, Lim M, Ayello J, et al. Comparative genomic expression signatures of signal transduction pathways and targets in paediatric Burkitt lymphoma: a Children's Oncology Group report. Br J Haematol. 2017;177:601-611 pubmed publisher..These pre-clinical results suggest that specific signal transduction pathways are overly expressed in PEBL and several pathways could serve as potential future therapeutic targets. ..
- Giefer M, Lowe M, Werlin S, Zimmerman B, Wilschanski M, Troendle D, et al. Early-Onset Acute Recurrent and Chronic Pancreatitis Is Associated with PRSS1 or CTRC Gene Mutations. J Pediatr. 2017;186:95-100 pubmed publisher..Future studies are needed to investigate whether the disease course, response to therapy, or clinical outcomes differ relative to the timing of disease onset. ..
- Bramley A, Reed C, Finelli L, Self W, Ampofo K, Arnold S, et al. Relationship Between Body Mass Index and Outcomes Among Hospitalized Patients With Community-Acquired Pneumonia. J Infect Dis. 2017;215:1873-1882 pubmed publisher..In contrast, adults who were underweight had longer LOS. These results underscore the complex relationship between BMI and CAP outcomes. ..
- Kolor K, Chen Z, Grosse S, Rodriguez J, Green R, Dotson W, et al. BRCA Genetic Testing and Receipt of Preventive Interventions Among Women Aged 18-64 Years with Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance in Nonmetropolitan and Metropolitan Areas - United States, 2009-2014. MMWR Surveill Summ. 2017;66:1-11 pubmed publisher..S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendations and other clinical guidelines for BRCA testing and counseling. ..
- Keenan H, Cook L, Olson L, Bardsley T, Campbell K. Social Intuition and Social Information in Physical Child Abuse Evaluation and Diagnosis. Pediatrics. 2017;140: pubmed publisher..Simple interventions including decision tools, check lists, and peer review may structure evaluations to ensure children's equal treatment. ..
- Weidner A, Barber M, Markland A, Rahn D, Hsu Y, Mueller E, et al. Perioperative Behavioral Therapy and Pelvic Muscle Strengthening Do Not Enhance Quality of Life After Pelvic Surgery: Secondary Report of a Randomized Controlled Trial. Phys Ther. 2017;97:1075-1083 pubmed publisher..Perioperative BPMT performed as an adjunct to vaginal surgery for POP and SUI provided no additional improvement in QOL or sexual function compared with usual care. ..
- Shiah J, Sun Y, Peterson C, Straight R, Kopecek J. Antitumor activity of N-(2-hydroxypropyl) methacrylamide copolymer-Mesochlorine e6 and adriamycin conjugates in combination treatments. Clin Cancer Res. 2000;6:1008-15 pubmed
- Chua J, Tran V, Kalita M, Quintero M, Antelope O, Muruganandam G, et al. A glycan-based approach to therapeutic angiogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182301 pubmed publisher..Through the remodeling of GAGs in the extracellular matrix of endothelial cells, the glycan approach, involving xylosides, offers great potential to effectively promote therapeutic angiogenesis. ..
- Small W, Bacon M, Bajaj A, Chuang L, Fisher B, Harkenrider M, et al. Cervical cancer: A global health crisis. Cancer. 2017;123:2404-2412 pubmed publisher..Cancer 2017;123:2404-12. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Stevenson M, Dayan P, Dudley N, Bajaj L, Macias C, Bachur R, et al. Time From Emergency Department Evaluation to Operation and Appendiceal Perforation. Pediatrics. 2017;139: pubmed publisher..95, 95% confidence interval, 0.89-1.02). Although duration of abdominal pain is associated with AP, short time delays from ED evaluation to operation did not independently increase the odds of perforation. ..
- Bhatt D, Steg P, Brinton E, Jacobson T, Miller M, Tardif J, et al. Rationale and design of REDUCE-IT: Reduction of Cardiovascular Events with Icosapent Ethyl-Intervention Trial. Clin Cardiol. 2017;40:138-148 pubmed publisher..Approximately 8000 patients have been randomized at approximately 470 centers worldwide. Follow-up will continue in this event-driven trial until approximately 1612 adjudicated primary-efficacy endpoint events have occurred. ..
- Davis L, Janeway K, Weiss A, Chen Y, Scharschmidt T, Krailo M, et al. Clinical trial enrollment of adolescents and young adults with sarcoma. Cancer. 2017;123:3434-3440 pubmed publisher..To address the current deficit, this commentary outlines changes believed to be necessary to expediently achieve an increase in the enrollment of AYAs in sarcoma clinical trials. Cancer 2017;123:3434-40. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Kc A, Wrammert J, Nelin V, Clark R, Ewald U, Peterson S, et al. Evaluation of Helping Babies Breathe Quality Improvement Cycle (HBB-QIC) on retention of neonatal resuscitation skills six months after training in Nepal. BMC Pediatr. 2017;17:103 pubmed publisher..Further studies are required to evaluate HBB-QIC in primary care settings, where the number of deliveries is gradually increasing. ISRCTN97846009 . Date of Registration- 15 August 2012. ..
- Hugo S, Schlegel A. A Genetic Model to Study Increased Hexosamine Biosynthetic Flux. Endocrinology. 2017;158:2420-2426 pubmed publisher..This animal model will provide a platform for dissecting how O-GlcNAc modification alters insulin responsiveness in multiple tissues. ..
- McGough R, Goodman M, Randall R, Forsberg J, Potter B, Lindsey B. The Compress® transcutaneous implant for rehabilitation following limb amputation. Unfallchirurg. 2017;120:300-305 pubmed publisher..These procedures have been performed in the United States on a custom regulatory basis. Results of this have been encouraging, and we are planning to begin a regulatory trial in the near future. ..
- Poppe M, Agarwal J. Breast Reconstruction With Postmastectomy Radiation: Choices and Tradeoffs. J Clin Oncol. 2017;35:2467-2470 pubmed publisher..Before making her surgery decision, the patient consulted with a radiation oncologist to discuss the effect radiation may have on her reconstruction outcome...
- Weiner D, Gaussoin S, Nord J, Auchus A, Chelune G, Chonchol M, et al. Cognitive Function and Kidney Disease: Baseline Data From the Systolic Blood Pressure Intervention Trial (SPRINT). Am J Kidney Dis. 2017;70:357-367 pubmed publisher..Albuminuria concurrently identifies a higher burden of abnormal brain white matter disease, suggesting that vascular disease may mediate these relationships. ..
- Callahan C, Schwartz K, Ruterbusch J, Shuch B, Graubard B, Lan Q, et al. Leukocyte telomere length and renal cell carcinoma survival in two studies. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:752-755 pubmed publisher..0-5.4; P=0.04). Among USKC cases, the association was strongest for stage-I RCC (HR: 5.5, 95% CI: 1.6-19.0; P=0.006). Our findings suggest that shorter LTL is an independent marker of poor RCC prognosis, particularly for stage-I disease. ..
- Wallace J, Kagele D, Eiring A, Kim C, Hu R, Runtsch M, et al. miR-155 promotes FLT3-ITD-induced myeloproliferative disease through inhibition of the interferon response. Blood. 2017;129:3074-3086 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data reveal that miR-155 collaborates with FLT3-ITD to promote myeloid cell expansion in vivo and that this involves a multitarget mechanism that includes repression of IFN signaling. ..
- Butts R, Boyle G, Deshpande S, Gambetta K, Knecht K, Prada Ruiz C, et al. Characteristics of Clinically Diagnosed Pediatric Myocarditis in a Contemporary Multi-Center Cohort. Pediatr Cardiol. 2017;38:1175-1182 pubmed publisher..The use of IVIG and steroids is not associated with mortality/heart transplantation. The presence of GI symptoms and lower echo SF may identify patients at risk for death and/or transplantation during the admission. ..
- Linares Perdomo O, East T, Brower R, Morris A. Standardizing Predicted Body Weight Equations for Mechanical Ventilation Tidal Volume Settings. Chest. 2015;148:73-78 pubmed publisher..We recommend using the NIH National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute ARDS Network PBW equation because it is associated with the clinical trial that identified 6 mL/kg PBW as an appropriate target. ..
- Christensen C, Morris R, Kapsandoy S, Archer M, Kuang J, Shane McWhorter L, et al. Patient needs and preferences for herb-drug-disease interaction alerts: a structured interview study. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:272 pubmed publisher..There is a demand for interventions in health care that provide timely, integrative communication support. Delivering the herb-drug-disease alerts through multiple channels could help meet critical patient information needs. ..
- Esplin M, Elovitz M, Iams J, Parker C, Wapner R, Grobman W, et al. Predictive Accuracy of Serial Transvaginal Cervical Lengths and Quantitative Vaginal Fetal Fibronectin Levels for Spontaneous Preterm Birth Among Nulliparous Women. JAMA. 2017;317:1047-1056 pubmed publisher..These findings do not support routine use of these tests in such women. ..
- Dayan P, Ballard D, Tham E, Hoffman J, Swietlik M, Deakyne S, et al. Use of Traumatic Brain Injury Prediction Rules With Clinical Decision Support. Pediatrics. 2017;139: pubmed publisher..7%-6.2%). The implementation of TBI prediction rules and provision of risks of ciTBIs by using CDS was associated with modest, safe, but variable decreases in CT use. However, some secular trends were also noted. ..
- Kaplan D, Casper T, Elliott C, Men S, Pendleton R, Kraiss L, et al. VTE Incidence and Risk Factors in Patients With Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock. Chest. 2015;148:1224-1230 pubmed publisher..More effective VTE prevention strategies are necessary in patients with sepsis. ClinicalTrials.gov; No.: NCT02353910; URL: www.clinicaltrials.gov. ..
- BÃ¶ni C, Thorne J, Spaide R, Ostheimer T, Sarraf D, Levinson R, et al. Fundus Autofluorescence Findings in Eyes With Birdshot Chorioretinitis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:4015-4025 pubmed publisher..89, P = 0.003, respectively). In this large cohort, various FAF abnormalities were found, indicating that disorders of the retinal pigment epithelium are features of BSCR. Abnormal FAF is a marker of visual dysfunction in the disease. ..
- Mantas J, Burks R. Lisfranc injuries in the athlete. Clin Sports Med. 1994;13:719-30 pubmed
- Brown B, Smith K, Jensen W, Tharp D. Transit Rider Body Mass Index Before and After Completion of Street Light-Rail Line in Utah. Am J Public Health. 2017;107:1484-1486 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that transit ridership protects against BMI gains and support the need to provide convenient transit for public health. ..
- Nigrovic L, Mahajan P, Blumberg S, Browne L, Linakis J, Ruddy R, et al. The Yale Observation Scale Score and the Risk of Serious Bacterial Infections in Febrile Infants. Pediatrics. 2017;140: pubmed publisher..More accurate clinical and laboratory predictors are needed to risk stratify febrile infants. ..
- Niell B, Freer P, Weinfurtner R, Arleo E, Drukteinis J. Screening for Breast Cancer. Radiol Clin North Am. 2017;55:1145-1162 pubmed publisher..By the article's end, the reader will be better equipped to have informed discussions with patients and medical professionals regarding the benefits and disadvantages of breast cancer screening...
- Lloyd I, Kohlmann W, Gligorich K, Hall A, Lyon E, Downs Kelly E, et al. A Clinicopathologic Evaluation of Incidental Fundic Gland Polyps With Dysplasia: Implications for Clinical Management. Am J Gastroenterol. 2017;112:1094-1102 pubmed publisher..As isolated findings, FGPDs do not appear to warrant follow-up genetic counseling or testing. ..
- Anderson M, Curtin K, Wong J, Pelt C, Peters C, Gililland J. Familial Clustering Identified in Periprosthetic Joint Infection Following Primary Total Joint Arthroplasty: A Population-Based Cohort Study. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2017;99:905-913 pubmed publisher..Prognostic Level III. See Instructions for Authors for a complete description of levels of evidence. ..
- Gaskill C, Kling C, Varghese T, Veenstra D, Thirlby R, Flum D, et al. Financial benefit of a smoking cessation program prior to elective colorectal surgery. J Surg Res. 2017;215:183-189 pubmed publisher..This framework allows the value of smoking cessation programs of variable cost and effectiveness to be determined. ..
- Flejter W, Bennett Baker P, Ghaziuddin M, McDonald M, Sheldon S, Gorski J. Cytogenetic and molecular analysis of inv dup(15) chromosomes observed in two patients with autistic disorder and mental retardation. Am J Med Genet. 1996;61:182-7 pubmed
- Zou S, Teixeira A, Kostadima M, Astle W, Radhakrishnan A, Simon L, et al. SNP in human ARHGEF3 promoter is associated with DNase hypersensitivity, transcript level and platelet function, and Arhgef3 KO mice have increased mean platelet volume. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178095 pubmed publisher..Arhgef3 KO mice partially recapitulate the human phenotype. ..
- Shang F, Wang S, Hsu C, Miao Y, Martin M, Yin Y, et al. MicroRNA-92a Mediates Endothelial Dysfunction in CKD. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:3251-3261 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings suggest that the uremic toxins accumulated in CKD can upregulate miR-92a in ECs, which impairs EC function and predisposes patients to CVD. ..
- Eismann M, Weisshaar R, Capretta C, Cleary D, Kirby A, Persch A. Characteristics of Students Receiving Occupational Therapy Services in Transition and Factors Related to Postsecondary Success. Am J Occup Ther. 2017;71:7103100010p1-7103100010p8 pubmed publisher..Providing transition services to students with disabilities remains an emerging area of practice. Occupational therapy practitioners may contribute to transition teams by intervening to improve functional abilities and health status. ..
- Kilburg C, Scott McNally J, de Havenon A, Taussky P, Kalani M, Park M. Advanced imaging in acute ischemic stroke. Neurosurg Focus. 2017;42:E10 pubmed publisher..Along with technological advances, these new imaging modalities are improving the diagnosis, workup, and management of acute ischemic stroke- roles that will continue to expand in the future. ..
- Baber U, Sartori S, Aquino M, Kini A, Kapadia S, Weiss S, et al. Use of prasugrel vs clopidogrel and outcomes in patients with acute coronary syndrome undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention in contemporary clinical practice: Results from the PROMETHEUS study. Am Heart J. 2017;188:73-81 pubmed publisher..The lower ischemic and bleeding events associated with prasugrel use were no longer evident after accounting for these baseline differences. ..
- Michelle M A, Jensen C, Habra M, Menias C, Shaaban A, Wagner Bartak N, et al. Adrenal cortical hyperplasia: diagnostic workup, subtypes, imaging features and mimics. Br J Radiol. 2017;90:20170330 pubmed publisher..This article will discuss the clinical presentation, laboratory workup and imaging features of adrenal cortical hyperplasia, both congenital and acquired. ..
- Cartwright P, Snow B, Mansfield J, Hamilton B. Percutaneous endoscopic trigonoplasty: a minimally invasive approach to correct vesicoureteral reflux. J Urol. 1996;156:661-4 pubmed..The success rate is modest at present. If it were to be improved with technical modifications, percutaneous endoscopic trigonoplasty may change the basic approach to treating children with vesicoureteral reflux. ..
- Shimelis H, Mesman R, von Nicolai C, Ehlén A, Guidugli L, Martin C, et al. BRCA2 Hypomorphic Missense Variants Confer Moderate Risks of Breast Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:2789-2799 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(11); 2789-99. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Verstovsek S, Mesa R, Salama M, Li L, Pitou C, Nunes F, et al. A phase 1 study of the Janus kinase 2 (JAK2)V617F inhibitor, gandotinib (LY2784544), in patients with primary myelofibrosis, polycythemia vera, and essential thrombocythemia. Leuk Res. 2017;61:89-95 pubmed publisher..Gandotinib demonstrated an acceptable safety and tolerability profile, and findings at the maximum-tolerated dose of 120mg supported further clinical testing. Clinicaltrials.gov identifier: NCT01134120. ..
- Sjogren P, Arnold R, Skirko J, Grimmer J. Anatomic distribution of cervicofacial lymphatic malformations based on lymph node groups. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2017;97:72-75 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to determine if such a classification system demonstrates clinically significant difference in disease progression and response to therapy. ..
- Goldberg D, Zak V, Goldstein B, Chen S, Hamstra M, Radojewski E, et al. Results of a phase I/II multi-center investigation of udenafil in adolescents after fontan palliation. Am Heart J. 2017;188:42-52 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the 87.5 mg bid regimen may be the most appropriate for a Phase III clinical trial. ..
- Bø K, Artal R, Barakat R, Brown W, Davies G, Dooley M, et al. Exercise and pregnancy in recreational and elite athletes: 2016 evidence summary from the IOC expert group meeting, Lausanne. Part 1-exercise in women planning pregnancy and those who are pregnant. Br J Sports Med. 2016;50:571-89 pubmed publisher
- Torgeson A, Lloyd S, Boothe D, Tao R, Whisenant J, Garrido Laguna I, et al. Multiagent induction chemotherapy followed by chemoradiation is associated with improved survival in locally advanced pancreatic cancer. Cancer. 2017;123:3816-3824 pubmed publisher..Continued analysis of CRT in properly selected patients after maximized systemic therapy is needed. Cancer 2017;123:3816-24. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Martin L, Presson A, Zhang C, Ray D, Finlayson S, Glasgow R. Association between surgical patient satisfaction and nonmodifiable factors. J Surg Res. 2017;214:247-253 pubmed publisher..Using satisfaction scores to evaluate providers should take into account nonmodifiable factors of the underlying patient population, the specialty of the provider, and the practice setting of the visit. ..
- Ravindra V, Christensen M, Onwuzulike K, Smith J, Halvorson K, Brockmeyer D, et al. Risk factors for progressive neuromuscular scoliosis requiring posterior spinal fusion after selective dorsal rhizotomy. J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2017;20:456-463 pubmed publisher..Although our analysis suggests SDR via limited laminectomy may not significantly accelerate the development of neuromuscular scoliosis, further case-control studies are critical to elucidate the impact of SDR on spinal deformity...
- Atz A, Zak V, Mahony L, Uzark K, D agincourt N, Goldberg D, et al. Longitudinal Outcomes of Patients With Single Ventricle After the Fontan Procedure. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:2735-2744 pubmed publisher..Future interventions might focus on preserving exercise capacity. (Relationship Between Functional Health Status and Ventricular Performance After Fontan-Pediatric Heart Network; NCT00132782). ..
- Tang A, Choi J, Kotzin J, Yang Y, Hong C, Hobson N, et al. Endothelial TLR4 and the microbiome drive cerebral cavernous malformations. Nature. 2017;545:305-310 pubmed publisher..These studies identify unexpected roles for the microbiome and innate immune signalling in the pathogenesis of a cerebrovascular disease, as well as strategies for its treatment. ..
- Smid M, Lee J, Grant J, Miles G, Stoddard G, Chapman D, et al. Maternal race and intergenerational preterm birth recurrence. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017;217:480.e1-480.e9 pubmed publisher..Black mothers born <34 weeks carry the highest risk of delivering their first child very preterm. Future studies should elucidate the underlying pathways leading to this racial disparity. ..
- Metz T, Allshouse A, Hogue C, Goldenberg R, Dudley D, Varner M, et al. Maternal marijuana use, adverse pregnancy outcomes, and neonatal morbidity. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017;217:478.e1-478.e8 pubmed publisher..91). Maternal marijuana use was not associated with a composite of small for gestational age, spontaneous preterm birth, or hypertensive disorders of pregnancy. However, it was associated with an increased risk of neonatal morbidity. ..
- Perri J, Nolan B, Goodney P, DeMartino R, Brooke B, Arya S, et al. Factors affecting operative time and outcome of carotid endarterectomy in the Vascular Quality Initiative. J Vasc Surg. 2017;66:1100-1108 pubmed publisher..Cardiac complications after CEA are associated with longer Op time, whereas technical complications are associated with a surgeon's low annual volume. ..
- Bagel J, Duffin K, Moore A, Ferris L, Siu K, Steadman J, et al. The effect of secukinumab on moderate-to-severe scalp psoriasis: Results of a 24-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 3b study. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2017;77:667-674 pubmed publisher..The safety profile of secukinumab was consistent with previous phase 3 studies. There was no active comparator arm. Secukinumab is efficacious and well-tolerated for patients with extensive moderate-to-severe scalp psoriasis. ..
- Paul S, Dibble L, Walther R, Shelton C, Gurgel R, Lester M. Characterization of Head-Trunk Coordination Deficits After Unilateral Vestibular Hypofunction Using Wearable Sensors. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2017;143:1008-1014 pubmed publisher..This restriction results in abnormal decoupling of head motion from trunk motion, but the character, magnitude, and persistence of these deficits are unclear...
- Raphael K, Carroll D, Murray J, Greene T, Beddhu S. Urine Ammonium Predicts Clinical Outcomes in Hypertensive Kidney Disease. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:2483-2490 pubmed publisher..Low ammonium excretion could identify patients with CKD and normal bicarbonate levels who might benefit from alkali before acidosis develops. ..
- Scoles D, Meera P, Schneider M, Paul S, Dansithong W, Figueroa K, et al. Antisense oligonucleotide therapy for spinocerebellar ataxia type 2. Nature. 2017;544:362-366 pubmed publisher..These findings support ASOs as a promising approach for treating some human neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Rahman M, MacNeil S, Jenkins D, Shrestha G, Wyatt S, McQuerry J, et al. Activity of distinct growth factor receptor network components in breast tumors uncovers two biologically relevant subtypes. Genome Med. 2017;9:40 pubmed publisher..These phenotypes correlate to unique mechanisms of apoptosis and drug response and have the potential of pinpointing targetable aberration(s) for more effective breast cancer treatments. ..
- Bhuskute A, Skirko J, Roth C, Bayoumi A, Durbin Johnson B, Tollefson T. Association of Velopharyngeal Insufficiency With Quality of Life and Patient-Reported Outcomes After Speech Surgery. JAMA Facial Plast Surg. 2017;19:406-412 pubmed publisher..Measurement of these patient-reported outcomes is needed to help guide surgical and nonsurgical care...
- Facco F, Grobman W, Reid K, Parker C, Hunter S, Silver R, et al. Objectively measured short sleep duration and later sleep midpoint in pregnancy are associated with a higher risk of gestational diabetes. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017;217:447.e1-447.e13 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest independent contributions of these 2 sleep characteristics to the risk for gestational diabetes in nulliparous women. ..
- Shulman J, Weng C, Wilkes J, Greene T, Hartnett M. Association of Maternal Preeclampsia With Infant Risk of Premature Birth and Retinopathy of Prematurity. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2017;135:947-953 pubmed publisher..Studies report conflicting associations between preeclampsia and retinopathy of prematurity (ROP). This study provides explanations for the discrepancies to clarify the relationship between preeclampsia and ROP...
- Jin S, Homsy J, Zaidi S, Lu Q, Morton S, Depalma S, et al. Contribution of rare inherited and de novo variants in 2,871 congenital heart disease probands. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1593-1601 pubmed publisher..DNMs in ∼440 genes were inferred to contribute to CHD. Striking overlap between genes with damaging DNMs in probands with CHD and autism was also found. ..
- Gorfine M, Berndt S, Chang Claude J, Hoffmeister M, Le Marchand L, Potter J, et al. Heritability Estimation using a Regularized Regression Approach (HERRA): Applicable to continuous, dichotomous or age-at-onset outcome. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181269 pubmed publisher..068 (SE = 0.017), 0.072 (SE = 0.021) and 0.110 (SE = 5.19 x 10-3). HERRA yields over 50% increase in heritability estimate compared to GCTA or LDAK. ..
- Charles R, Nakajima R, Liang L, Jasinskas A, Berger A, Leung D, et al. Plasma and Mucosal Immunoglobulin M, Immunoglobulin A, and Immunoglobulin G Responses to the Vibrio cholerae O1 Protein Immunome in Adults With Cholera in Bangladesh. J Infect Dis. 2017;216:125-134 pubmed publisher..Cholera is a severe dehydrating illness of humans caused by toxigenic strains of Vibrio cholerae O1 or O139. Identification of immunogenic V. cholerae antigens could lead to a better understanding of protective immunity in human cholera...
- Seidlin M, Holzman R, Knight P, Korf B, Rangel Miller V, Viskochil D, et al. Characterization and utilization of an international neurofibromatosis web-based, patient-entered registry: An observational study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178639 pubmed publisher..Between April 26, 2013 and July 8, 2016, the registry has been useful to investigators in recruitment, particularly for observational trials, especially those for development of patient-reported outcomes. ..
- Azman A, Bouhenia M, Iyer A, Rumunu J, Laku R, Wamala J, et al. High Hepatitis E Seroprevalence Among Displaced Persons in South Sudan. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;96:1296-1301 pubmed publisher..Improved surveillance in similar settings is needed to understand the burden of disease and minimize epidemic impact through early detection and response. ..
- Torgeson A, Boothe D, Poppe M, Suneja G, Gaffney D. Disparities in care for elderly women with endometrial cancer adversely effects survival. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:320-328 pubmed publisher..77, p<0.001). Endometrial cancer patients over age 80 have similar rates of oncologic surgery as younger women but are significantly less likely to receive adjuvant RT, and this negatively impacts their survival. ..
- Tabachnick D, Bowen M, Stehlik J, Kfoury A, Caine W, Selzman C, et al. Health characteristics of heart transplant recipients surviving into their 80s. J Surg Res. 2017;216:99-102 pubmed publisher..As the age of Htx patients continues to increase, posttransplant care should be tailored to minimize post-HTx complications and further extend survival. ..
- Neuman M, Hall M, Lipsett S, Hersh A, Williams D, Gerber J, et al. Utility of Blood Culture Among Children Hospitalized With Community-Acquired Pneumonia. Pediatrics. 2017;140: pubmed publisher..Blood cultures may not be needed for most children hospitalized with CAP. ..
- Lilyquist J, Laduca H, Polley E, Davis B, Shimelis H, Hu C, et al. Frequency of mutations in a large series of clinically ascertained ovarian cancer cases tested on multi-gene panels compared to reference controls. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:375-380 pubmed publisher..The knowledge that some genes are not associated with OC can reduce concerns of women found to carry pathogenic alterations in those genes. ..
- Christy K, Jensen J, Sarapin S, Yale R, Weaver J, Pokharel M. Theorizing the Impact of Targeted Narratives: Model Admiration and Narrative Memorability. J Health Commun. 2017;22:433-441 pubmed publisher..The results revealed that the relationship between the targeted narratives and screening intentions was especially strong for women from the target population who admired the depicted models and found the stories memorable. ..
- Jensen J, Jones C, Kartsonaki C, Packer K, Adler F, Liou T. Sleep Phase Delay in Cystic Fibrosis: A Potential New Manifestation of Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Regulator Dysfunction. Chest. 2017;152:386-393 pubmed publisher..Independence from disease characteristics predictive of survival suggests that sleep phase delay is a primary manifestation of CFTR dysfunction in the CNS. ..
- Heuser C, Gibbins K, Smid M, Branch D. Reproductive rights advocacy: not just for the family-planning community. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017;217:322.e1-322.e4 pubmed publisher..In this call to action, we detail several ways that individuals and the community can become more involved in working for reproductive rights. ..
- Bradley C, Nygaard I, Hillis S, Torner J, Sadler A. Longitudinal associations between mental health conditions and overactive bladder in women veterans. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017;217:430.e1-430.e8 pubmed publisher..Providers should screen for mental health conditions and sexual assault in women with newly diagnosed or persistent overactive bladder. ..
- Cassidy T, RICHARDS L, Eakman A. Feasibility of a Lifestyle RedesignÂ®-Inspired Intervention for Well Older Adults. Am J Occup Ther. 2017;71:7104190050p1-7104190050p6 pubmed publisher..Perceived benefits were social relationships, awareness of community resources, and change in attitude toward aging. Implementation of a 3-mo Lifestyle Redesign-inspired program within a health care system was feasible. ..
- Bennett T, Dewitt P, Greene T, Srivastava R, Riva Cambrin J, Nance M, et al. Functional Outcome After Intracranial Pressure Monitoring for Children With Severe Traumatic Brain Injury. JAMA Pediatr. 2017;171:965-971 pubmed publisher..Intracranial pressure (ICP) monitoring is a mainstay of therapy for children with traumatic brain injury (TBI), but its overall association with patient outcome is unclear...