Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on endosomes in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Locale: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
- Burke P, Schooler K, Wiley H. Regulation of epidermal growth factor receptor signaling by endocytosis and intracellular trafficking. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:1897-910 pubmed..In addition, ligand loss is the proximal cause of EGFR inactivation. Thus, regulated trafficking could potentially influence the pattern as well as the duration of signal transduction. ..
- Lee E, Gao Z, Kim D, Park K, Kwon I, Bae Y. Super pH-sensitive multifunctional polymeric micelle for tumor pH(e) specific TAT exposure and multidrug resistance. J Control Release. 2008;129:228-36 pubmed publisher..This approach may replace the need for cell-specific antibodies or targeting ligands, thereby providing a general strategy for solid tumor targeting. ..
- Shestakova A, Curtiss M, Davies B, Katzmann D, Babst M. The linker region plays a regulatory role in assembly and activity of the Vps4 AAA ATPase. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:26810-9 pubmed publisher..This structure would allow the Vps4 complex to engage ESCRT-III subunits with both the pore and the MIT domain simultaneously, which might be essential for the ATP-driven disassembly of ESCRT-III. ..
- Bednarek E, Schaheen L, Gaubatz J, Jorgensen E, Fares H. The plasma membrane calcium ATPase MCA-3 is required for clathrin-mediated endocytosis in scavenger cells of Caenorhabditis elegans. Traffic. 2007;8:543-53 pubmed..Together, these data support a function for PMCAs in the regulation of endocytosis in the C. elegans coelomocytes. In addition, they suggest that endocytosis can be blocked by high calcium levels. ..
- Curtiss M, Jones C, Babst M. Efficient cargo sorting by ESCRT-I and the subsequent release of ESCRT-I from multivesicular bodies requires the subunit Mvb12. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:636-45 pubmed..Together, these observations suggest that Mvb12 may function in regulating the interactions of ESCRT-I with cargo and other proteins of the ESCRT machinery to efficiently coordinate cargo sorting and release of ESCRT-I from the MVB. ..
- Ward D, Vaughn M, Shiflett S, White P, Pollock A, Hill J, et al. The role of LIP5 and CHMP5 in multivesicular body formation and HIV-1 budding in mammalian cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:10548-55 pubmed
- Ward D, Pevsner J, Scullion M, Vaughn M, Kaplan J. Syntaxin 7 and VAMP-7 are soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor attachment protein receptors required for late endosome-lysosome and homotypic lysosome fusion in alveolar macrophages. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:2327-33 pubmed
- Pornillos O, Higginson D, Stray K, Fisher R, Garrus J, Payne M, et al. HIV Gag mimics the Tsg101-recruiting activity of the human Hrs protein. J Cell Biol. 2003;162:425-34 pubmed..HIV-1 Gag apparently mimics this Hrs activity, and thereby usurps Tsg101 and other components of the MVB vesicle fission machinery to facilitate viral budding. ..
- Alam S, Langelier C, Whitby F, Koirala S, Robinson H, Hill C, et al. Structural basis for ubiquitin recognition by the human ESCRT-II EAP45 GLUE domain. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2006;13:1029-30 pubmed..The structure suggests how human ESCRT-II can couple recognition of ubiquitinated cargoes and endosomal phospholipids during MVB protein sorting. ..
- Wee Y, Roundy K, Weis J, Weis J. Interferon-inducible transmembrane proteins of the innate immune response act as membrane organizers by influencing clathrin and v-ATPase localization and function. Innate Immun. 2012;18:834-45 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the Ifitm proteins help stabilize v-ATPase complexes in cellular membranes which, in turn, facilitates the appropriate subcellular localization of clathrin. ..
- Morita E, Sandrin V, Alam S, Eckert D, Gygi S, Sundquist W. Identification of human MVB12 proteins as ESCRT-I subunits that function in HIV budding. Cell Host Microbe. 2007;2:41-53 pubmed..Taken together, these studies define the composition of human ESCRT-I complexes and indicate that the MVB12 subunits play a unique role in regulating ESCRT-mediated virus budding. ..
- Kim D, Lee E, Park K, Kwon I, Bae Y. Doxorubicin loaded pH-sensitive micelle: antitumoral efficacy against ovarian A2780/DOXR tumor. Pharm Res. 2008;25:2074-82 pubmed publisher..The pH-sensitive mixed micelle system demonstrates effective antitumor efficacy against the multidrug resistant ovarian tumor A2780/DOX(R). ..
- von Schwedler U, Stuchell M, Muller B, Ward D, Chung H, Morita E, et al. The protein network of HIV budding. Cell. 2003;114:701-13 pubmed..These studies define a protein network required for human MVB biogenesis and indicate that the entire network participates in the release of HIV and probably many other viruses. ..
- Gorbea C, Makar K, Pauschinger M, Pratt G, Bersola J, Varela J, et al. A role for Toll-like receptor 3 variants in host susceptibility to enteroviral myocarditis and dilated cardiomyopathy. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:23208-23 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that individuals harboring these variants may have a blunted innate immune response to enteroviral infection, leading to reduced viral clearance and an increased risk of cardiac pathology...
- Ailion M, Hannemann M, Dalton S, Pappas A, Watanabe S, Hegermann J, et al. Two Rab2 interactors regulate dense-core vesicle maturation. Neuron. 2014;82:167-80 pubmed publisher..RUND-1 also interacts with the Rab2 GAP protein TBC-8 and the BAR domain protein RIC-19, a RAB-2 effector. In summary, a pathway of conserved proteins controls the maturation of dense-core vesicles at the trans-Golgi network...
- Stuchell Brereton M, Skalicky J, Kieffer C, Karren M, Ghaffarian S, Sundquist W. ESCRT-III recognition by VPS4 ATPases. Nature. 2007;449:740-4 pubmed..Thus, our studies reveal how the VPS4 ATPases recognize their CHMP substrates to facilitate the membrane fission events required for the release of viruses, endosomal vesicles and daughter cells. ..
- Morita E, Sandrin V, Chung H, Morham S, Gygi S, Rodesch C, et al. Human ESCRT and ALIX proteins interact with proteins of the midbody and function in cytokinesis. EMBO J. 2007;26:4215-27 pubmed..These experiments suggest that the ESCRT pathway may be recruited to facilitate analogous membrane fission events during HIV budding, MVB vesicle formation, and the abscission stage of cytokinesis. ..
- Fisher R, Chung H, Zhai Q, Robinson H, Sundquist W, Hill C. Structural and biochemical studies of ALIX/AIP1 and its role in retrovirus budding. Cell. 2007;128:841-52 pubmed..ALIX therefore serves as a flexible, extended scaffold that connects retroviral Gag proteins to ESCRT-III and other cellular-budding machinery...
- Gorbea C, Goellner G, Teter K, Holmes R, Rechsteiner M. Characterization of mammalian Ecm29, a 26 S proteasome-associated protein that localizes to the nucleus and membrane vesicles. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:54849-61 pubmed..Based on these results we propose that Ecm29 serves to couple the 26 S proteasome to secretory compartments engaged in quality control and to other sites of enhanced proteolysis. ..