Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell line in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Locale: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Topic: cell line
Publications186 found, 100 shown here
- Yang T, Zhang A, Pasumarthy A, Zhang L, Warnock Z, Schnermann J. Nitric oxide stimulates COX-2 expression in cultured collecting duct cells through MAP kinases and superoxide but not cGMP. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2006;291:F891-5 pubmed..The stimulation was also significantly blocked by the SOD mimetic tempol. Thus we conclude that NO stimulates COX-2 expression in collecting duct cells through mechanisms involving MAP kinase and superoxide, but not cGMP. ..
- Thomas K, Sabnis A, Johansen M, Lanza D, Moos P, Yost G, et al. Transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 agonists cause endoplasmic reticulum stress and cell death in human lung cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007;321:830-8 pubmed..These findings are significant within the context of lung inflammatory diseases where elevated concentrations of endogenous TRPV1 agonists are probably produced in sufficient quantities to cause TRPV1 activation and lung cell death. ..
- Gorbea C, Makar K, Pauschinger M, Pratt G, Bersola J, Varela J, et al. A role for Toll-like receptor 3 variants in host susceptibility to enteroviral myocarditis and dilated cardiomyopathy. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:23208-23 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that individuals harboring these variants may have a blunted innate immune response to enteroviral infection, leading to reduced viral clearance and an increased risk of cardiac pathology...
- Hayashi M, Yoo Y, Christensen J, Huang L. Requirement of evading apoptosis for HIF-1?-induced malignant progression in mouse cells. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:2364-72 pubmed..Altogether, our results define an essential role for apoptosis to prevent HIF-1?-induced genetic alteration and thereby malignant progression. ..
- Chen Y, Taylor E, Dephoure N, Heo J, Tonhato A, Papandreou I, et al. Identification of a protein mediating respiratory supercomplex stability. Cell Metab. 2012;15:348-60 pubmed publisher..We suggest that Rcf1 is a member of an evolutionarily conserved protein family that acts to promote respiratory supercomplex assembly and activity. ..
- O Connell P, Viskochil D, Buchberg A, Fountain J, Cawthon R, Culver M, et al. The human homolog of murine Evi-2 lies between two von Recklinghausen neurofibromatosis translocations. Genomics. 1990;7:547-54 pubmed..The probable role of Evi-2 in murine neoplastic disease and the map location of the human homolog suggest a potential role for EVI2 in NF1, but no physical rearrangements of this gene locus are apparent in 87 NF1 patients. ..
- Realini C, Dubiel W, Pratt G, Ferrell K, Rechsteiner M. Molecular cloning and expression of a gamma-interferon-inducible activator of the multicatalytic protease. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:20727-32 pubmed..Synthesis of the activator subunit was induced by gamma interferon treatment of HeLa cells. These last two findings have implications for antigen presentation by class I major histocompatibility receptors. ..
- Gietzen K, Virshup D. Identification of inhibitory autophosphorylation sites in casein kinase I epsilon. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:32063-70 pubmed..The identified autophosphorylation sites do not conform to CKI substrate motifs identified in peptide substrates. ..
- Zhang F, White R, Neufeld K. Phosphorylation near nuclear localization signal regulates nuclear import of adenomatous polyposis coli protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:12577-82 pubmed..Our data provide evidence that control of APC's nuclear import through phosphorylation is a potential mechanism for regulating APC's nuclear activity. ..
- Cordray P, Satterwhite D. TGF-beta induces novel Lef-1 splice variants through a Smad-independent signaling pathway. Dev Dyn. 2005;232:969-78 pubmed..We conclude that the induction of Lef-1 has permissive effects on the well-characterized TGF-beta signal that inhibits c-myc expression and induces a G1 arrest. ..
- Liu Y, Zheng Shu X, Prestwich G. Biocompatibility and stability of disulfide-crosslinked hyaluronan films. Biomaterials. 2005;26:4737-46 pubmed
- De Domenico I, Ward D, Musci G, Kaplan J. Evidence for the multimeric structure of ferroportin. Blood. 2007;109:2205-9 pubmed..These results support the hypothesis that the dominant inheritance of Fpn-iron overload disease is due to the dominant-negative effects of mutant Fpn proteins. ..
- Sabnis A, Shadid M, Yost G, Reilly C. Human lung epithelial cells express a functional cold-sensing TRPM8 variant. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2008;39:466-74 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that this novel TRPM8 variant receptor may function as a modulator of respiratory physiology caused by cold air, and may partially explain asthmatic respiratory hypersensitivity to cold air. ..
- De Domenico I, Lo E, Ward D, Kaplan J. Human mutation D157G in ferroportin leads to hepcidin-independent binding of Jak2 and ferroportin down-regulation. Blood. 2010;115:2956-9 pubmed publisher..These results identify a hepcidin-independent regulation of Fpn that can result in alterations in iron homeostasis. ..
- Chen K, Coonrod E, Kumanovics A, Franks Z, Durtschi J, Margraf R, et al. Germline mutations in NFKB2 implicate the noncanonical NF-?B pathway in the pathogenesis of common variable immunodeficiency. Am J Hum Genet. 2013;93:812-24 pubmed publisher..These findings describe germline mutations in NFKB2 and establish the noncanonical NF-?B signaling pathway as a genetic etiology for this primary immunodeficiency syndrome. ..
- Joyner D, Damron T, Aboulafia A, Bokor W, Bastar J, Randall R. Heterogeneous expression of melanoma antigen (hMAGE) mRNA in mesenchymal neoplasia. Tissue Antigens. 2006;68:19-27 pubmed
- Kaadige M, Looper R, Kamalanaadhan S, Ayer D. Glutamine-dependent anapleurosis dictates glucose uptake and cell growth by regulating MondoA transcriptional activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:14878-83 pubmed publisher..We propose that this previously unappreciated coordination between glutamine and glucose utilization defines a metabolic checkpoint that restricts cell growth when subthreshold levels of these essential nutrients are available. ..
- Wang Y, Grainger D. siRNA knock-down of RANK signaling to control osteoclast-mediated bone resorption. Pharm Res. 2010;27:1273-84 pubmed publisher..RANK is demonstrated to be an attractive target for siRNA control of osteoclast activity, with utility for development of new therapeutics for low bone mass pathologies or osteoporosis. ..
- Zhang Y, Wang L. Characterization of the mitochondrial localization of the nuclear receptor SHP and regulation of its subcellular distribution by interaction with Bcl2 and HNF4?. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68491 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study provides novel insights into the domains of SHP that are critical for its shutting between different subcellular compartments. ..
- Fleming A, Zhu J, Ding Y, Burrows C. 8-Oxo-7,8-dihydroguanine in the Context of a Gene Promoter G-Quadruplex Is an On-Off Switch for Transcription. ACS Chem Biol. 2017;12:2417-2426 pubmed publisher..Depending on the strand in which OG resides, coding vs template, this modification is an up/downregulator of transcription that couples DNA repair with transcriptional regulation. ..
- Schubert W, Coskun V, Tahmina M, Rao M, Luskin M, Kaprielian Z. Characterization and distribution of a new cell surface marker of neuronal precursors. Dev Neurosci. 2000;22:154-66 pubmed..These findings suggest that mAb 2F7 recognizes a novel epitope that is present on progenitor cells and postmitotic, differentiating neurons in the developing mammalian nervous system. ..
- Zhang T, Ding X, Daynes R. The expression of 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type I by lymphocytes provides a novel means for intracrine regulation of glucocorticoid activities. J Immunol. 2005;174:879-89 pubmed..Thus, the presence of 11beta-HSD1 provides an additional means to facilitate GCS influences over lymphocyte activities, uncoupled from the plasma concentration of GCS. ..
- Liu S, Nelson C, Xiao L, Lu L, Seth P, Davis D, et al. Measuring antiviral activity of benzimidazole molecules that alter IRES RNA structure with an infectious hepatitis C virus chimera expressing Renilla luciferase. Antiviral Res. 2011;89:54-63 pubmed publisher..The current study shows that these compounds inhibit HCV replication in an infectious HCV cell culture system, defines their IC(50) in this system, and provides a platform for the rapid testing of next generation inhibitors...
- Topham M, Prescott S. Diacylglycerol kinase zeta regulates Ras activation by a novel mechanism. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:1135-43 pubmed..Thus, we have identified a novel way to regulate Ras activation: through DGK zeta, which controls local accumulation of DAG that would otherwise activate RasGRP. ..
- Qian L, Xu Y, Hasegawa Y, Aoki J, Mills G, Prestwich G. Enantioselective responses to a phosphorothioate analogue of lysophosphatidic acid with LPA3 receptor-selective agonist activity. J Med Chem. 2003;46:5575-8 pubmed..Similar results were found for calcium release, MAPK and Akt activation, and IL-6 release in human OVCAR3 ovarian cancer cells. ..
- Eide E, Woolf M, Kang H, Woolf P, Hurst W, Camacho F, et al. Control of mammalian circadian rhythm by CKIepsilon-regulated proteasome-mediated PER2 degradation. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:2795-807 pubmed..Cell culture-based biochemical assays combined with measurement of cell-based rhythm complement genetic studies to elucidate basic mechanisms controlling the mammalian clock. ..
- Eisinger A, Nadauld L, Shelton D, Peterson P, Phelps R, Chidester S, et al. The adenomatous polyposis coli tumor suppressor gene regulates expression of cyclooxygenase-2 by a mechanism that involves retinoic acid. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:20474-82 pubmed
- Luo W, Peterson A, Garcia B, Coombs G, Kofahl B, Heinrich R, et al. Protein phosphatase 1 regulates assembly and function of the beta-catenin degradation complex. EMBO J. 2007;26:1511-21 pubmed..Specific inhibition of PP1 in this pathway may offer therapeutic approaches to disorders with increased beta-catenin signaling. ..
- Zhang A, Jia Z, Guo X, Yang T. Aldosterone induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition via ROS of mitochondrial origin. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2007;293:F723-31 pubmed..These observations suggest that Aldo induces EMT via MR-mediated, mitochondrial-originated, ROS-dependent ERK1/2 activation in renal tubular epithelial cells. ..
- Eto D, Jones T, Sundsbak J, Mulvey M. Integrin-mediated host cell invasion by type 1-piliated uropathogenic Escherichia coli. PLoS Pathog. 2007;3:e100 pubmed..Cumulatively, these results indicate that beta1 and alpha3 integrins are functionally important receptors for type 1 pili-expressing bacteria within the urinary tract and possibly at other sites within the host...
- Dhakal B, Mulvey M. Uropathogenic Escherichia coli invades host cells via an HDAC6-modulated microtubule-dependent pathway. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:446-54 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that HDAC6 and microtubules act as vital regulatory elements during the invasion process, possibly via indirect effects on kinesin-1 and associated cargos. ..
- Rai K, Huggins I, James S, Karpf A, Jones D, Cairns B. DNA demethylation in zebrafish involves the coupling of a deaminase, a glycosylase, and gadd45. Cell. 2008;135:1201-12 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence for a coupled mechanism of 5-meC demethylation, whereby AID deaminates 5-meC, followed by thymine base excision by Mbd4, promoted by Gadd45. ..
- Matsumiya T, Imaizumi T, Yoshida H, Satoh K, Topham M, Stafforini D. The levels of retinoic acid-inducible gene I are regulated by heat shock protein 90-alpha. J Immunol. 2009;182:2717-25 pubmed publisher..These studies identify a new mechanism whose dysregulation may seriously compromise innate antiviral responses in mammals. ..
- Li X, Scuderi A, Letsou A, Virshup D. B56-associated protein phosphatase 2A is required for survival and protects from apoptosis in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:3674-84 pubmed
- Meyer E, Strutz N, Gahring L, Rogers S. Glutamate receptor subunit 3 is modified by site-specific limited proteolysis including cleavage by gamma-secretase. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:23786-96 pubmed..These results suggest that limited proteolysis is another post-translational mechanism through which functional diversity and specialization between closely related GluR subunits is accomplished. ..
- Park K, Morrison C, Sorensen L, Jones C, Rao Y, Chien C, et al. Robo4 is a vascular-specific receptor that inhibits endothelial migration. Dev Biol. 2003;261:251-67 pubmed..These data demonstrate that Robo4 is a bona fide member of the Robo family and may provide a repulsive cue to migrating endothelial cells during vascular development. ..
- Major M, Jones D. Identification of a gadd45beta 3' enhancer that mediates SMAD3- and SMAD4-dependent transcriptional induction by transforming growth factor beta. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:5278-87 pubmed..These data support a role for SMAD3 and SMAD4 in activating gadd45beta through its third intron to facilitate G2 progression following TGFbeta treatment. ..
- Swiatek W, Tsai I, Klimowski L, Pepler A, Barnette J, Yost H, et al. Regulation of casein kinase I epsilon activity by Wnt signaling. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:13011-7 pubmed..Activation of the Wnt pathway may therefore stimulate a cellular phosphatase to dephosphorylate and activate CKIepsilon ..
- Baranov P, Henderson C, Anderson C, Gesteland R, Atkins J, Howard M. Programmed ribosomal frameshifting in decoding the SARS-CoV genome. Virology. 2005;332:498-510 pubmed..These results demonstrate key sequences required for efficient frameshifting, and the utility of mass spectrometry to study ribosomal frameshifting. ..
- Escobar H, Crockett D, Reyes Vargas E, Baena A, Rockwood A, Jensen P, et al. Large scale mass spectrometric profiling of peptides eluted from HLA molecules reveals N-terminal-extended peptide motifs. J Immunol. 2008;181:4874-82 pubmed..In addition, these results expand the knowledge about the identity of anchor positions in HLA class I-associated peptides that can be used for characterization of HLA class I motifs. ..
- Drees B, Andrews K, Beckerle M. Molecular dissection of zyxin function reveals its involvement in cell motility. J Cell Biol. 1999;147:1549-60 pubmed..In concert with previous work, our findings suggest that zyxin promotes the spatially restricted assembly of protein complexes necessary for cell motility. ..
- Kloeker S, Major M, Calderwood D, Ginsberg M, Jones D, Beckerle M. The Kindler syndrome protein is regulated by transforming growth factor-beta and involved in integrin-mediated adhesion. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:6824-33 pubmed..Additionally, kindlerin is required for normal cell spreading. Taken together, these data suggest a role for kindlerin in mediating cell processes that depend on integrins. ..
- Dehart J, Andersen J, Zimmerman E, Ardon O, An D, Blackett J, et al. The ataxia telangiectasia-mutated and Rad3-related protein is dispensable for retroviral integration. J Virol. 2005;79:1389-96 pubmed..We conclude that cells in which ATR has been depleted are competent for retroviral integration. We also conclude that the presence of Vpr as a virion-bound protein does not enhance integration of a lentivirus vector in dividing cells. ..
- Dehart J, Zimmerman E, Ardon O, Monteiro Filho C, Argañaraz E, Planelles V. HIV-1 Vpr activates the G2 checkpoint through manipulation of the ubiquitin proteasome system. Virol J. 2007;4:57 pubmed..Recruitment of this factor leads to its ubiquitination and degradation, resulting in failure to enter mitosis. ..
- Hao H, Khalimonchuk O, Schraders M, Dephoure N, Bayley J, Kunst H, et al. SDH5, a gene required for flavination of succinate dehydrogenase, is mutated in paraganglioma. Science. 2009;325:1139-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, a mitochondrial proteomics analysis in yeast has led to the discovery of a human tumor susceptibility gene. ..
- Kanekar S, Gandham M, Lucero M. PACAP protects against TNF?-induced cell death in olfactory epithelium and olfactory placodal cell lines. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2010;45:345-54 pubmed publisher..PACAP may therefore function through PAC1 receptors to protect neurons from cell death during inflammatory cytokine release in vivo as would occur upon viral infection or allergic rhinitis-associated injury. ..
- Huang W, Xing W, Ryskamp D, Punzo C, Krizaj D. Localization and phenotype-specific expression of ryanodine calcium release channels in C57BL6 and DBA/2J mouse strains. Exp Eye Res. 2011;93:700-9 pubmed publisher..While RyR1 signals can be regulated in a strain-specific manner, our data also suggest that RyR1 transcription is induced by early glial activation and/or elevation in intraocular pressure. ..
- Xu Y, Aoki J, Shimizu K, Umezu Goto M, Hama K, Takanezawa Y, et al. Structure-activity relationships of fluorinated lysophosphatidic acid analogues. J Med Chem. 2005;48:3319-27 pubmed..Thus, alpha-fluoromethylene LPA analogues are unique new phosphatase-resistant ligands that provide enantiospecific and receptor-specific biological readouts. ..
- Puthenveetil S, Whitby L, Ren J, Kelnar K, Krebs J, Beal P. Controlling activation of the RNA-dependent protein kinase by siRNAs using site-specific chemical modification. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:4900-11 pubmed..Thus, these studies demonstrate that specific positions in an siRNA can be rationally modified to prevent interaction with components of cellular dsRNA-regulated pathways. ..
- Strait K, Stricklett P, Chapman M, Kohan D. Characterization of vasopressin-responsive collecting duct adenylyl cyclases in the mouse. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;298:F859-67 pubmed publisher..Together, these data are consistent with a role of AC3 and AC6 in the activation of mouse collecting duct by AVP. ..
- Saayman S, Lazar D, Scott T, Hart J, Takahashi M, Burnett J, et al. Potent and Targeted Activation of Latent HIV-1 Using the CRISPR/dCas9 Activator Complex. Mol Ther. 2016;24:488-98 pubmed publisher..CRISPR-mediated gene activation represents a novel system which provides enhanced efficiency and specificity in a targeted latency reactivation strategy and represents a promising approach to a "functional cure" of HIV/AIDS. ..
- Li D, Brooke B, Davis E, Mecham R, Sorensen L, Boak B, et al. Elastin is an essential determinant of arterial morphogenesis. Nature. 1998;393:276-80 pubmed..Thus, elastin has an unanticipated regulatory function during arterial development, controlling proliferation of smooth muscle and stabilizing arterial structure. ..
- Wu X, Zimmerman G, Prescott S, Stafforini D. The p38 MAPK pathway mediates transcriptional activation of the plasma platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase gene in macrophages stimulated with lipopolysaccharide. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36158-65 pubmed
- Gallego M, Eide E, Woolf M, Virshup D, Forger D. An opposite role for tau in circadian rhythms revealed by mathematical modeling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:10618-23 pubmed
- Williams M, Ravkov E, Bevan M. Rapid culling of the CD4+ T cell repertoire in the transition from effector to memory. Immunity. 2008;28:533-45 pubmed publisher..These results support a model in which CD4+ T cell memory differentiation and longevity depend on the strength of the TCR signal during the primary response. ..
- Lee H, Smith M, Smith B, Grussendorf J, Xu L, Gillies R, et al. Anticonvulsant Met-enkephalin analogues containing backbone spacers reveal alternative non-opioid signaling in the brain. ACS Chem Biol. 2009;4:659-71 pubmed publisher..In summary, the results obtained with the analogues containing backbone spacers suggest a novel mechanism for seizure control in the brain that involves alternative non-opioid signaling. ..
- Gahring L, Vasquez Opazo G, Rogers S. Choline promotes nicotinic receptor alpha4 + beta2 up-regulation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:19793-801 pubmed publisher..These findings extend the view that up-regulation of alpha4 + beta2 nAChRs is a normal physiological response to altered metabolic and inflammatory conditions...
- Albertsen H, Smith S, Melis R, Williams B, Holik P, Stevens J, et al. Sequence, genomic structure, and chromosomal assignment of human DOC-2. Genomics. 1996;33:207-13 pubmed..In addition, about 45% identity was observed between the first 140 N-terminal residues of DOC-2 and the Caenorhabditas elegans M110.5 and Drosophila melanogaster Dab genes. ..
- Vielhaber E, Eide E, Rivers A, Gao Z, Virshup D. Nuclear entry of the circadian regulator mPER1 is controlled by mammalian casein kinase I epsilon. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:4888-99 pubmed..CKIepsilon may regulate mammalian circadian rhythm by controlling the rate at which mPER1 enters the nucleus. ..
- Gourley B, Parker S, Jones B, Zumbrennen K, Leibold E. Cytosolic aconitase and ferritin are regulated by iron in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:3227-34 pubmed..Excess iron did not significantly alter worm development but did shorten their life span. These studies indicated that iron homeostasis in C. elegans shares some similarities with those of vertebrates. ..
- Howard M, Aggarwal G, Anderson C, Khatri S, Flanigan K, Atkins J. Recoding elements located adjacent to a subset of eukaryal selenocysteine-specifying UGA codons. EMBO J. 2005;24:1596-607 pubmed..Sequences capable of forming strong RNA structures were also identified 3' adjacent to, or near, selenocysteine-encoding UGA codons in the Sps2, SelH, SelO, and SelT selenoprotein genes. ..
- Oler A, Alla R, Roberts D, Wong A, Hollenhorst P, Chandler K, et al. Human RNA polymerase III transcriptomes and relationships to Pol II promoter chromatin and enhancer-binding factors. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:620-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Pol III occupancy scales with the levels of nearby Pol II, active chromatin and CpG content. These results suggest that active chromatin gates Pol III accessibility to the genome. ..
- Zhang Y, Liu C, Barbier O, Smalling R, Tsuchiya H, Lee S, et al. Bcl2 is a critical regulator of bile acid homeostasis by dictating Shp and lncRNA H19 function. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20559 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated for the first time a detrimental effect of Bcl2 and H19 associated with cholestatic liver fibrosis and an indispensable role of Shp to maintain normal liver function. ..
- Wheatley W, Kohan D. Role for reactive oxygen species in flow-stimulated inner medullary collecting duct endothelin-1 production. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2017;313:F514-F521 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report of flow-stimulated ROS production by the CD, as well as the first report of such flow-stimulated CD ROS exerting a biological effect. ..
- Hanson E, Rawlins M, Leibold E. Oxygen and iron regulation of iron regulatory protein 2. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:40337-42 pubmed
- Sheets M, Hanck D. Outward stabilization of the S4 segments in domains III and IV enhances lidocaine block of sodium channels. J Physiol. 2007;582:317-34 pubmed..We conclude that the positions of the S4s in domains III and IV are major determinants of the voltage dependence of lidocaine affinity. ..
- Lee H, Zhang L, Smith M, White H, Bulaj G. Glycosylated neurotensin analogues exhibit sub-picomolar anticonvulsant potency in a pharmacoresistant model of epilepsy. ChemMedChem. 2009;4:400-5 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest for the first time that chemically modified NT analogues may lead to novel antiepileptic therapies. ..
- Wang Y, Panasiuk A, Grainger D. Small interfering RNA knocks down the molecular target of alendronate, farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase, in osteoclast and osteoblast cultures. Mol Pharm. 2011;8:1016-24 pubmed publisher..Overall, results indicate that siRNA against FPPS could be useful for selectively inhibiting osteoclast-mediated bone resorption and improving bone mass maintenance by influencing both osteoclasts and osteoblasts in distinct ways. ..
- Zhai Q, Landesman M, Chung H, Dierkers A, Jeffries C, Trewhella J, et al. Activation of the retroviral budding factor ALIX. J Virol. 2011;85:9222-6 pubmed publisher..These observations support a model in which ALIX activation requires dissociation of the autoinhibitory PRR and opening of the V domain arms. ..
- Zhang Y, Andrews G, Wang L. Zinc-induced Dnmt1 expression involves antagonism between MTF-1 and nuclear receptor SHP. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:4850-60 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a molecular explanation for increased Dnmt1 expression in HCC and highlights SHP as a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Bamber B, Beg A, Twyman R, Jorgensen E. The Caenorhabditis elegans unc-49 locus encodes multiple subunits of a heteromultimeric GABA receptor. J Neurosci. 1999;19:5348-59 pubmed..Together these data argue that UNC-49B and UNC-49C coassemble at the C. elegans neuromuscular junction. Thus, C. elegans is able to encode a heteromeric GABA receptor with a single locus. ..
- Ganesh A, Phillips E, Thacker J, Meuth M. Suppression of the radiation-sensitive phenotype of hamster irs1 and irs2 strains selected for resistance to 3-aminobenzamide. Int J Radiat Biol. 2001;77:609-16 pubmed..Suppression of radiosensitivity associated with 3-AB resistance has important implications for mechanisms of tolerance to damage because it is able to override responses associated with specific genetic defects. ..
- Joyner D, Wade M, Szabo A, Bastar J, Coffin C, Albritton K, et al. Discriminate gene lists derived from cDNA microarray profiles of limited samples permit distinguishing mesenchymal neoplasia ex vivo. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2005;131:137-46 pubmed..This technique may enable an eventual molecular classification schema based on expression profiles that can complement current clinical and pathologic diagnostic procedures in mesenchymal tumors...
- Dong J, Opresko L, Chrisler W, Orr G, Quesenberry R, Lauffenburger D, et al. The membrane-anchoring domain of epidermal growth factor receptor ligands dictates their ability to operate in juxtacrine mode. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:2984-98 pubmed..Our data suggest that the membrane-anchoring domain of ligands selectively controls their ability to participate in juxtacrine signaling and thus, only a subclass of EGFR ligands can act in a juxtacrine mode. ..
- Nam H, Nam K, Lee M, Kim S, Bull D. Dendrimer type bio-reducible polymer for efficient gene delivery. J Control Release. 2012;160:592-600 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, this newly developed PAM-ABP polyplex is a promising delivery system for clinical gene therapy. ..
- Pinilla I, Cuenca N, Sauve Y, Wang S, Lund R. Preservation of outer retina and its synaptic connectivity following subretinal injections of human RPE cells in the Royal College of Surgeons rat. Exp Eye Res. 2007;85:381-92 pubmed..Together these anatomical and physiological studies indicate that besides the integrity of outer nuclear layer cells and phototransduction processes, relay circuitry through the outer retina was rescued by cell grafts. ..
- Stoltzman C, Kaadige M, Peterson C, Ayer D. MondoA senses non-glucose sugars: regulation of thioredoxin-interacting protein (TXNIP) and the hexose transport curb. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:38027-34 pubmed publisher..Analysis of glucose uptake in wild-type, MondoA-null, or TXNIP-null murine embryonic fibroblasts indicates a role for the MondoA-TXNIP regulatory circuit in the hexose transport curb, although other redundant pathways also contribute. ..
- Zhu W, London N, Gibson C, Davis C, Tong Z, Sorensen L, et al. Interleukin receptor activates a MYD88-ARNO-ARF6 cascade to disrupt vascular stability. Nature. 2012;492:252-5 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that SecinH3, an inhibitor of ARF guanine nucleotide-exchange factors such as ARNO, enhances vascular stability and significantly improves outcomes in animal models of inflammatory arthritis and acute inflammation. ..
- Sturrock A, Mir Kasimov M, Baker J, Rowley J, Paine R. Key role of microRNA in the regulation of granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor expression in murine alveolar epithelial cells during oxidative stress. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:4095-105 pubmed publisher..Increased understanding of GM-CSF gene regulation may provide novel miRNA-based interventions to augment pulmonary innate immune defense in lung injury. ..
- von Schwedler U, Stuchell M, Muller B, Ward D, Chung H, Morita E, et al. The protein network of HIV budding. Cell. 2003;114:701-13 pubmed..These studies define a protein network required for human MVB biogenesis and indicate that the entire network participates in the release of HIV and probably many other viruses. ..
- London N, Zhu W, Bozza F, Smith M, Greif D, Sorensen L, et al. Targeting Robo4-dependent Slit signaling to survive the cytokine storm in sepsis and influenza. Sci Transl Med. 2010;2:23ra19 pubmed publisher..Thus, enhancing the resilience of the host vascular system to the host's innate immune response may provide a therapeutic strategy for treating multiple infectious agents. ..
- Decher N, Renigunta V, Zuzarte M, Soom M, Heinemann S, Timothy K, et al. Impaired interaction between the slide helix and the C-terminus of Kir2.1: a novel mechanism of Andersen syndrome. Cardiovasc Res. 2007;75:748-57 pubmed..This interaction, which may be required for normal gating both in homomeric and heteromeric Kir2 channels, is disturbed by several mutations causing AS. ..
- Stuchell Brereton M, Skalicky J, Kieffer C, Karren M, Ghaffarian S, Sundquist W. ESCRT-III recognition by VPS4 ATPases. Nature. 2007;449:740-4 pubmed..Thus, our studies reveal how the VPS4 ATPases recognize their CHMP substrates to facilitate the membrane fission events required for the release of viruses, endosomal vesicles and daughter cells. ..
- Zhang Y, Wang L. Nuclear receptor SHP inhibition of Dnmt1 expression via ERR?. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:1269-75 pubmed publisher..Our study provides the first evidence for nuclear receptor mediated regulation of Dnmt1 expression through ERR? and SHP crosstalk. ..
- Astashkina A, Mann B, Prestwich G, Grainger D. Comparing predictive drug nephrotoxicity biomarkers in kidney 3-D primary organoid culture and immortalized cell lines. Biomaterials. 2012;33:4712-21 pubmed publisher..These findings impact both in vitro bioreactor-based kidney functional and regenerative medicine models, as well as high-throughput cell-based drug screening validations. ..
- Skalicky J, Arii J, Wenzel D, Stubblefield W, Katsuyama A, Uter N, et al. Interactions of the human LIP5 regulatory protein with endosomal sorting complexes required for transport. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:43910-26 pubmed publisher..Our studies thus reveal how the tandem MIT domain of LIP5 binds different types of ESCRT-III proteins, promoting assembly of active VPS4 enzymes on the polymeric ESCRT-III substrate. ..
- Tesar M, Harmon S, Summers D, Ehrenfeld E. Hepatitis A virus polyprotein synthesis initiates from two alternative AUG codons. Virology. 1992;186:609-18 pubmed
- Hao H, Cardon C, Swiatek W, Cooksey R, Smith T, Wilde J, et al. PAS kinase is required for normal cellular energy balance. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:15466-71 pubmed..We therefore hypothesize that PASK acts in a cell-autonomous manner to maintain cellular energy homeostasis and is a potential therapeutic target for metabolic disease. ..
- Yang W, Musci T, Mansour S. Trapping genes expressed in the developing mouse inner ear. Hear Res. 1997;114:53-61 pubmed..A high proportion of these gene trap insertions were expressed in the developing inner ear, suggesting that this strategy provides an effective means of identifying genes that may be involved in inner ear development or function. ..