Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Locale: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Publications797 found, 100 shown here
- Moon A, Guris D, Seo J, Li L, Hammond J, Talbot A, et al. Crkl deficiency disrupts Fgf8 signaling in a mouse model of 22q11 deletion syndromes. Dev Cell. 2006;10:71-80 pubmed..These findings provide mechanistic insight into disrupted intercellular interactions in the pathogenesis of malformations seen in del22q11 syndrome. ..
- Simeone T, Otto J, Wilcox K, White H. Felbamate is a subunit selective modulator of recombinant gamma-aminobutyric acid type A receptors expressed in Xenopus oocytes. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;552:31-5 pubmed..Regional distributions of GABA(A) receptor subunits suggest that felbamate may differentially modulate distinct inhibitory circuits, a possibility that may have relevance to felbamate efficacy in refractory epilepsies. ..
- Volz T, Farnsworth S, King J, Riddle E, Hanson G, Fleckenstein A. Methylphenidate administration alters vesicular monoamine transporter-2 function in cytoplasmic and membrane-associated vesicles. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007;323:738-45 pubmed
- Mohammed K, Jadulco R, Bugni T, Harper M, Sturdy M, Ireland C. Strongylophorines: natural product inhibitors of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 transcriptional pathway. J Med Chem. 2008;51:1402-5 pubmed publisher..Strongylophorines 2, 3, and 8 isolated from the active fractions were found to be responsible for the HIF-1 inhibition with EC 50 values of 8, 13, and 6 microM, respectively...
- Owen L, Kowalewski A, Lessnick S. EWS/FLI mediates transcriptional repression via NKX2.2 during oncogenic transformation in Ewing's sarcoma. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1965 pubmed publisher..2 binding. These data demonstrate that the transcriptional repressive function of NKX2.2 is necessary, and sufficient, for the oncogenic phenotype of Ewing's sarcoma, and suggest a therapeutic approach to this disease. ..
- Damjanovich K, Langa C, Blanco F, McDonald J, Botella L, Bernabeu C, et al. 5'UTR mutations of ENG cause hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2011;6:85 pubmed publisher..Expression studies showed decreased protein levels suggesting that the c.-9G > A is a hypomorphic mutation. Our results emphasize the need for the inclusion of the 5'UTR region of ENG in clinical testing for HHT. ..
- Kim C, Jay D, Williams M. Stability and function of secondary Th1 memory cells are dependent on the nature of the secondary stimulus. J Immunol. 2012;189:2348-55 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, they demonstrate that the quality of the secondary challenge can have profound effects on the longevity and function of the ensuing secondary Th1 memory population...
- Wang R, Mellem J, Jensen M, Brockie P, Walker C, Hoerndli F, et al. The SOL-2/Neto auxiliary protein modulates the function of AMPA-subtype ionotropic glutamate receptors. Neuron. 2012;75:838-50 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate that SOL-1 and SOL-2 have an ongoing role in the adult nervous system to control AMPAR-mediated currents...
- Jones K, Datar M, Ravichandran S, Jin H, Jurrus E, Whitaker R, et al. Toward an understanding of the short bone phenotype associated with multiple osteochondromas. J Orthop Res. 2013;31:651-7 pubmed publisher..Clones of chondrocytes lacking functional heparan sulfate must blunt physeal signaling generally, rather than stealing growth potential focally. ..
- Ravkov E, Pavlov I, Martins T, Gleich G, Wagner L, Hill H, et al. Identification and validation of shrimp-tropomyosin specific CD4 T cell epitopes. Hum Immunol. 2013;74:1542-9 pubmed publisher..The identified epitopes are specific to common MHC class II alleles in the general population. Our study provides important data for the design of peptide-based immunotherapy of shrimp-allergic patients. ..
- Russell C, Richards A, Chang A, Mulvey M. The Rhomboid Protease GlpG Promotes the Persistence of Extraintestinal Pathogenic Escherichia coli within the Gut. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..This work reveals a novel biological role for a rhomboid protease and highlights new avenues for defining mechanisms by which ExPEC strains colonize the mammalian gastrointestinal tract. ..
- Kumar S, Nakashizuka H, Jones A, Lambert A, Zhao X, Shen M, et al. Proteolytic Degradation and Inflammation Play Critical Roles in Polypoidal Choroidal Vasculopathy. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:2841-2857 pubmed publisher..This study provides a basis for understanding the differences between PCV and choroidal neovascularization, and helps guide the design of effective therapies for PCV. ..
- Bolger G, McPhee I, Houslay M. Alternative splicing of cAMP-specific phosphodiesterase mRNA transcripts. Characterization of a novel tissue-specific isoform, RNPDE4A8. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:1065-71 pubmed..The highly tissue-specific distribution of the pRPDE39 mRNA suggest that the pRPDE39 protein functions to modulate a cAMP signaling pathway that is present largely, if not exclusively, in the testis. ..
- Mitcheson J, Chen J, Lin M, Culberson C, Sanguinetti M. A structural basis for drug-induced long QT syndrome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:12329-33 pubmed..These findings suggest a possible structural explanation for how so many commonly used medications block HERG but not other Kv channels and should facilitate the rational design of drugs devoid of HERG channel binding activity. ..
- Beumer K, Matthies H, Bradshaw A, Broadie K. Integrins regulate DLG/FAS2 via a CaM kinase II-dependent pathway to mediate synapse elaboration and stabilization during postembryonic development. Development. 2002;129:3381-91 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that betaPS integrins act through CaMKII activation to control the localization of synaptic proteins involved in the development of NMJ synaptic morphology. ..
- Jacobson A, Roundy K, Weis J, Weis J. Regulation of murine splenic B cell CR3 expression by complement component 3. J Immunol. 2009;183:3963-70 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a role for C3 in influencing the level of expression of CR3 by modulating the transcript levels encoding the CD11b alpha integrin protein. ..
- Miki Y, Swensen J, Shattuck Eidens D, Futreal P, Harshman K, Tavtigian S, et al. A strong candidate for the breast and ovarian cancer susceptibility gene BRCA1. Science. 1994;266:66-71 pubmed..Identification of BRCA1 should facilitate early diagnosis of breast and ovarian cancer susceptibility in some individuals as well as a better understanding of breast cancer biology. ..
- Manley N, Capecchi M. Hox group 3 paralogous genes act synergistically in the formation of somitic and neural crest-derived structures. Dev Biol. 1997;192:274-88 pubmed..This suggests that the identity of the specific Hox genes that are functional in a given region may not be as critical as the total number of Hox genes operating in that region. ..
- Hsu L, Doan T, White R. Identification of a gamma-tubulin-binding domain in BRCA1. Cancer Res. 2001;61:7713-8 pubmed..Thus, attenuating the interaction between BRCA1 and gamma-tubulin, and their association with mitotic centrosomes, may induce an increase of aneuploid cell population and contribute to tumorigenesis. ..
- Hansen J, Thibeault S. Current understanding and review of the literature: vocal fold scarring. J Voice. 2006;20:110-20 pubmed..We present an up-to-date, thorough, and scholarly review of the literature in vocal fold scarring since 1996. ..
- King Jones K, Thummel C. Developmental biology. Less steroids make bigger flies. Science. 2005;310:630-1 pubmed
- Tsunoda I, Kuang L, Kobayashi Warren M, Fujinami R. Central nervous system pathology caused by autoreactive CD8+ T-cell clones following virus infection. J Virol. 2005;79:14640-6 pubmed..Intracerebral injection of the clones into naïve mice induced degeneration, not only in the brain, but also in the spinal cord. This suggests that CD8+ Tc1 cells could play a pathogenic role in central nervous system inflammation...
- Joss Moore L, Wang Y, Ogata E, Sainz A, Yu X, Callaway C, et al. IUGR differentially alters MeCP2 expression and H3K9Me3 of the PPAR? gene in male and female rat lungs during alveolarization. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2011;91:672-81 pubmed publisher..We conclude that IUGR induces gender-specific alterations in the epigenetic milieu in the rat lung. We speculate that in the IUGR rat lung, this altered epigenetic milieu may predispose to gender-specific alterations in alveolarization. ..
- Rote K, Hough R, Goldenberg D, Rechsteiner M. Circular pancreatic trypsin inhibitor. A novel substrate for studies on intracellular proteolysis. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:1156-62 pubmed..Thus, increased rates of turnover do not necessarily correlate with greater molecular mass of the substrate. ..
- Carpenter E, Goddard J, Chisaka O, Manley N, Capecchi M. Loss of Hox-A1 (Hox-1.6) function results in the reorganization of the murine hindbrain. Development. 1993;118:1063-75 pubmed
- Stone B, Thummel C. The Drosophila 78C early late puff contains E78, an ecdysone-inducible gene that encodes a novel member of the nuclear hormone receptor superfamily. Cell. 1993;75:307-20 pubmed..These observations indicate that E78 represents a distinct subset of early ecdysone-inducible regulatory genes. ..
- Thummel C. Flies on steroids--Drosophila metamorphosis and the mechanisms of steroid hormone action. Trends Genet. 1996;12:306-10 pubmed..It seems likely that similar hormone-triggered regulatory hierarchies exist in other higher organisms and that Drosophila is providing our first glimpses of the complexities of these gene networks. ..
- Vetter M, Brown N. The role of basic helix-loop-helix genes in vertebrate retinogenesis. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2001;12:491-8 pubmed
- Simin K, Scuderi A, Reamey J, Dunn D, Weiss R, Metherall J, et al. Profiling patterned transcripts in Drosophila embryos. Genome Res. 2002;12:1040-7 pubmed
- Francis M, Mellem J, Maricq A. Bridging the gap between genes and behavior: recent advances in the electrophysiological analysis of neural function in Caenorhabditis elegans. Trends Neurosci. 2003;26:90-9 pubmed
- Stray J, Lindsley J. Biochemical analysis of the yeast condensin Smc2/4 complex: an ATPase that promotes knotting of circular DNA. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:26238-48 pubmed..Based on these models, we propose a DNA displacement mechanism to explain how differences in geometry could affect the competitive potential of DNA. ..
- Amat di San Filippo C, Wang Y, Longo N. Functional domains in the carnitine transporter OCTN2, defective in primary carnitine deficiency. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:47776-84 pubmed..These studies indicate that multiple domains of the OCTN2 transporter are required for carnitine transport and identify transmembrane residues important for carnitine recognition. ..
- Zone J, Taylor T, Hull C, Schmidt L, Meyer L. IgE basement membrane zone antibodies induce eosinophil infiltration and histological blisters in engrafted human skin on SCID mice. J Invest Dermatol. 2007;127:1167-74 pubmed..Human skin grafts of control mice and normal mouse skin on the test mice and control mice did not develop any histological abnormalities. IgE antibodies to LABD97 recapitulate the histological inflammatory process seen in BP. ..
- Hatch E, Noyes C, Wang X, Wright T, Mansour S. Fgf3 is required for dorsal patterning and morphogenesis of the inner ear epithelium. Development. 2007;134:3615-25 pubmed..Finally, we show that Fgf3 prevents ventral expansion of r5-6 neurectodermal Wnt3a, serving to focus inductive WNT signals on the dorsal otic vesicle and highlighting a new example of cross-talk between the two signaling systems. ..
- Hammarlund M, Watanabe S, Schuske K, Jorgensen E. CAPS and syntaxin dock dense core vesicles to the plasma membrane in neurons. J Cell Biol. 2008;180:483-91 pubmed publisher..CAPS function in dense core vesicle docking parallels UNC-13 in synaptic vesicle docking, which suggests that these related proteins act similarly to promote docking of independent vesicle populations. ..
- Tögel F, Zhang P, Hu Z, Westenfelder C. VEGF is a mediator of the renoprotective effects of multipotent marrow stromal cells in acute kidney injury. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:2109-14 pubmed publisher..These results show that VEGF is an important mediator of the early and late phase of renoprotective action after AKI in the context of stem cell treatment. ..
- Peterson C, Stoltzman C, Sighinolfi M, Han K, Ayer D. Glucose controls nuclear accumulation, promoter binding, and transcriptional activity of the MondoA-Mlx heterodimer. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:2887-95 pubmed publisher..Our experiments establish the mechanistic circuitry by which cells sense and respond transcriptionally to various intracellular glucose levels. ..
- Hone A, Meyer E, McIntyre M, McIntosh J. Nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in dorsal root ganglion neurons include the ?6?4* subtype. FASEB J. 2012;26:917-26 pubmed publisher..We conclude that ?6?4* nAChRs are among the subtypes expressed by DRG, and to our knowledge, this is the first demonstration of ?6?4* in neurons outside the CNS. ..
- Holt C, Yandell M. MAKER2: an annotation pipeline and genome-database management tool for second-generation genome projects. BMC Bioinformatics. 2011;12:491 pubmed publisher..MAKER2 scales to datasets of any size, requires little in the way of training data, and can use mRNA-seq data to improve annotation quality. It can also update and manage legacy genome annotation datasets. ..
- Todd N, Diakite M, Payne A, Parker D. Hybrid proton resonance frequency/T1 technique for simultaneous temperature monitoring in adipose and aqueous tissues. Magn Reson Med. 2013;69:62-70 pubmed publisher..Although several potential error sources exist for the T(1) measurements, the approach is a promising start toward realizing quantitative temperature measurements in both water-based and fat-based tissues. ..
- Yang Z, Zhang Y, Kemper J, Wang L. Cross-regulation of protein stability by p53 and nuclear receptor SHP. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39789 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a unique scenario for a cross-inhibition between two tumor suppressors to keep their expression and function in check. ..
- Sorrells S, Carbonneau S, Harrington E, Chen A, Hast B, Milash B, et al. Ccdc94 protects cells from ionizing radiation by inhibiting the expression of p53. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002922 pubmed publisher..Future studies in human cancer cells will determine whether pharmacological inactivation of CCDC94 reduces the threshold of the cancer cell apoptotic response. ..
- Kang J, Shen Z, Lim J, Handa H, Wells L, Tantin D. Regulation of Oct1/Pou2f1 transcription activity by O-GlcNAcylation. FASEB J. 2013;27:2807-17 pubmed publisher..We also, for the first time, identify specific Oct1 ubiquitination sites. The findings suggest that Oct1 integrates metabolic and stress signals via O-GlcNAc modification to regulate target gene activity. ..
- Barrow J, Capecchi M. Targeted disruption of the Hoxb-2 locus in mice interferes with expression of Hoxb-1 and Hoxb-4. Development. 1996;122:3817-28 pubmed..Hoxb-2 and hoxb-4 appear to function together to mediate proper closure of the ventral thoracic body wall. Failure in this closure results in severe defects of the sternum. ..
- Ueda I, Suzuki A. Is there a specific receptor for anesthetics? Contrary effects of alcohols and fatty acids on phase transition and bioluminescence of firefly luciferase. Biophys J. 1998;75:1052-7 pubmed..Fatty acids are receptor binders and stabilize the protein conformation at the transition state. ..
- Chen F, Capecchi M. Paralogous mouse Hox genes, Hoxa9, Hoxb9, and Hoxd9, function together to control development of the mammary gland in response to pregnancy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:541-6 pubmed..Because loss-of-function mutations in these Hox genes cause hypoplasia of the mammary gland after pregnancy, it may be productive to look for misexpression of these genes in mammary carcinomas. ..
- Law M, Moody D. Urinary excretion of 4-hydroxyamphetamine and amphetamine in male and female Sprague-Dawley and Dark Agouti rats following multiple doses of amphetamine. Toxicol Lett. 2000;117:139-44 pubmed..These results suggest that no alternative pathway is induced following multiple doses of amphetamine in normal SD or P450 2D deficient DA rats...
- Bisgrove B, Morelli S, Yost H. Genetics of human laterality disorders: insights from vertebrate model systems. Annu Rev Genomics Hum Genet. 2003;4:1-32 pubmed..This approach helps suggest candidate genes and genetic pathways that might be perturbed in human laterality disorders and improves diagnostic criteria. ..
- Gorbea C, Goellner G, Teter K, Holmes R, Rechsteiner M. Characterization of mammalian Ecm29, a 26 S proteasome-associated protein that localizes to the nucleus and membrane vesicles. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:54849-61 pubmed..Based on these results we propose that Ecm29 serves to couple the 26 S proteasome to secretory compartments engaged in quality control and to other sites of enhanced proteolysis. ..
- Johnson J, Hansen M, Wu I, Healy L, Johnson C, Jones G, et al. Virtual histology of transgenic mouse embryos for high-throughput phenotyping. PLoS Genet. 2006;2:e61 pubmed
- Amack J, Wang X, Yost H. Two T-box genes play independent and cooperative roles to regulate morphogenesis of ciliated Kupffer's vesicle in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2007;310:196-210 pubmed..By targeting morpholinos to DFCs, we show that these cell autonomous functions in KV morphogenesis are necessary for LR patterning throughout the embryo. ..
- Aldenhoven J, Miller M, Corneli P, Shapiro M. Phylogeography of ninespine sticklebacks (Pungitius pungitius) in North America: glacial refugia and the origins of adaptive traits. Mol Ecol. 2010;19:4061-76 pubmed publisher..In particular, we inferred that loss of the pelvic (hind fin) skeleton probably evolved independently in populations descended from each of the three putative North American refugia. ..
- Xu C, Reichert E, Nakano T, Lohse M, Gardner A, Revelo M, et al. Deficiency of phospholipase A2 group 7 decreases intestinal polyposis and colon tumorigenesis in Apc(Min/+) mice. Cancer Res. 2013;73:2806-16 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that strategies based on inhibiting PLA2G7 activity or increasing PAF-mediated signaling hold promise for the treatment of intestinal malignancies that harbor mutations in APC. ..
- Cimbora D, Sakonju S. Drosophila midgut morphogenesis requires the function of the segmentation gene odd-paired. Dev Biol. 1995;169:580-95 pubmed..abstract truncated at 400 words) ..
- Ward D, Pevsner J, Scullion M, Vaughn M, Kaplan J. Syntaxin 7 and VAMP-7 are soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor attachment protein receptors required for late endosome-lysosome and homotypic lysosome fusion in alveolar macrophages. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:2327-33 pubmed
- Anderson Berry A, O Brien E, Bleyl S, Lawson A, Gundersen N, Ryssman D, et al. Vasculogenesis drives pulmonary vascular growth in the developing chick embryo. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:145-53 pubmed..Pulmonary blood vessel formation occurred continuously throughout the embryonic period studied. Our results show that vasculogenesis is the main process by which the pulmonary vasculature forms in the developing chick embryo. ..
- Bleyl S, Moshrefi A, Shaw G, Saijoh Y, Schoenwolf G, Pennacchio L, et al. Candidate genes for congenital diaphragmatic hernia from animal models: sequencing of FOG2 and PDGFRalpha reveals rare variants in diaphragmatic hernia patients. Eur J Hum Genet. 2007;15:950-8 pubmed..Although our study identified sequence variants in FOG2 and PDGFRalpha, we have not definitively established the variants as mutations and we found no evidence that CDH commonly results from mutations in these genes. ..
- Sheaffer K, Updike D, Mango S. The Target of Rapamycin pathway antagonizes pha-4/FoxA to control development and aging. Curr Biol. 2008;18:1355-64 pubmed publisher..A similar regulatory hierarchy may function in other animals to modulate metabolism, longevity, or disease. ..
- Rajasekaran N, Varadharaj S, Khanderao G, Davidson C, Kannan S, Firpo M, et al. Sustained activation of nuclear erythroid 2-related factor 2/antioxidant response element signaling promotes reductive stress in the human mutant protein aggregation cardiomyopathy in mice. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2011;14:957-71 pubmed publisher..Our findings implicate a novel pathway for therapeutic targeting and abrogating RS linked to experimental cardiomyopathy in humans. Antioxid. ..
- Bramwell K, Ma Y, Weis J, Teuscher C, Weis J. High-throughput genotyping of advanced congenic lines by high resolution melting analysis for identification of Bbaa2, a QTL controlling Lyme arthritis. Biotechniques. 2012;52:183-90 pubmed publisher..Thus far, 26 SNP markers have been successfully mapped to the Bbaa2 locus. This has facilitated the identification of 20 novel B6.C3-Bbaa2 congenic lines spanning the original interval. ..
- Nishitani A, Ohta S, Yung A, Del Rio T, Gordon M, Abraira V, et al. Distinct functions for netrin 1 in chicken and murine semicircular canal morphogenesis. Development. 2017;144:3349-3360 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the importance of apoptosis for tissue morphogenesis and suggest that Ntn1 may play divergent cellular roles despite its conserved expression during canal morphogenesis in chicken and mouse. ..
- Kostic D, Capecchi M. Targeted disruptions of the murine Hoxa-4 and Hoxa-6 genes result in homeotic transformations of components of the vertebral column. Mech Dev. 1994;46:231-47 pubmed..The analysis of double, triple and even quadruple mutants should determine the ways in which these Hox genes interact in order to specify the multitude of tissues in a restricted region of the developing mouse embryo. ..
- Parks T. The AMPA receptors of auditory neurons. Hear Res. 2000;147:77-91 pubmed
- Gaufo G, Wu S, Capecchi M. Contribution of Hox genes to the diversity of the hindbrain sensory system. Development. 2004;131:1259-66 pubmed..More generally, these findings contribute to our understanding of how Hox genes specifically control cellular diversity in the developing organism ..
- Nadauld L, Sandoval I, Chidester S, Yost H, Jones D. Adenomatous polyposis coli control of retinoic acid biosynthesis is critical for zebrafish intestinal development and differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:51581-9 pubmed..Our data establish a genetic link supporting a critical role for retinoic acid downstream of APC and confirm the importance of retinoic acid in enterocyte differentiation. ..
- Bulaj G, Green B, Lee H, Robertson C, White K, Zhang L, et al. Design, synthesis, and characterization of high-affinity, systemically-active galanin analogues with potent anticonvulsant activities. J Med Chem. 2008;51:8038-47 pubmed publisher..Gal-B2 may lead to development of first-in-class antiepileptic drugs. ..
- Kushnir M, Rockwood A, Bergquist J. Liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry applications in endocrinology. Mass Spectrom Rev. 2010;29:480-502 pubmed publisher..All described analytical methods were extensively validated, utilized in routine diagnostic practice, and were applied in a number of clinical and epidemiological studies, including a study of the steroidogenesis in ovarian follicles. ..
- Bunting M, Bernstein K, Greer J, Capecchi M, Thomas K. Targeting genes for self-excision in the germ line. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1524-8 pubmed..In these chimeras, somatic cells derived from the ES cells retained the cassette, but self-excision occurred in all ES-cell-derived sperm. ..
- Jensen R, Wurster R. Calcium channel antagonists inhibit growth of subcutaneous xenograft meningiomas in nude mice. Surg Neurol. 2001;55:275-83 pubmed..Calcium channel antagonists decrease but do not completely inhibit the growth of meningiomas in nude mice. Clinical correlations and potential applications are discussed. ..
- Bamshad M, Mummidi S, Gonzalez E, Ahuja S, Dunn D, Watkins W, et al. A strong signature of balancing selection in the 5' cis-regulatory region of CCR5. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:10539-44 pubmed
- Penn D, Damjanovich K, Potts W. MHC heterozygosity confers a selective advantage against multiple-strain infections. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:11260-4 pubmed..The fact that MHC heterozygotes were more resistant to infection and had higher fitness than homozygotes provides a functional explanation for MHC-disassortative mating preferences. ..
- Libbey J, Sweeten T, McMahon W, Fujinami R. Autistic disorder and viral infections. J Neurovirol. 2005;11:1-10 pubmed..Further research is needed to clarify both the mechanisms whereby viral infection early in development may lead to autism and the possible involvement of the MMR vaccine in the development of autism. ..
- Norman K, Fazzio R, Mellem J, Espelt M, Strange K, Beckerle M, et al. The Rho/Rac-family guanine nucleotide exchange factor VAV-1 regulates rhythmic behaviors in C. elegans. Cell. 2005;123:119-32 pubmed
- Xu Y, Jiang G, Tsukahara R, Fujiwara Y, Tigyi G, Prestwich G. Phosphonothioate and fluoromethylene phosphonate analogues of cyclic phosphatidic acid: Novel antagonists of lysophosphatidic acid receptors. J Med Chem. 2006;49:5309-15 pubmed..In contrast, the difluoromethylene phosphonate ccPA analogue was a weak LPAR agonist, while ccPA itself had neither agonist nor antagonist activity. ..
- Jurrus E, Hardy M, Tasdizen T, Fletcher P, Koshevoy P, Chien C, et al. Axon tracking in serial block-face scanning electron microscopy. Med Image Anal. 2009;13:180-8 pubmed publisher..Validation results indicate that this algorithm can significantly speed up the task of manual axon tracking. ..
- Hunsaker M, Tran G, Kesner R. A behavioral analysis of the role of CA3 and CA1 subcortical efferents during classical fear conditioning. Behav Neurosci. 2009;123:624-30 pubmed publisher..These data further suggest that all hippocampal efferents are not homogeneous, and that the hippocampus and subcortex interact to process conditioned fear. ..
- Clay C, Lehmer E, Jeor S, Dearing M. Sin nombre virus and rodent species diversity: a test of the dilution and amplification hypotheses. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6467 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal the complexity of rodent community interactions with respect to SNV dynamics. ..
- Sadekar S, Ray A, JANAT AMSBURY M, Peterson C, Ghandehari H. Comparative biodistribution of PAMAM dendrimers and HPMA copolymers in ovarian-tumor-bearing mice. Biomacromolecules. 2011;12:88-96 pubmed publisher..Head-to-head comparative study of HPMA copolymers and PAMAM dendrimers can guide the rational design and development of carriers based on these systems for the delivery of bioactive and imaging agents. ..
- Carroll D. Genome engineering with zinc-finger nucleases. Genetics. 2011;188:773-82 pubmed publisher..The bright prospects for future applications of ZFNs, including human gene therapy, are discussed. ..
- Riede T. Subglottal pressure, tracheal airflow, and intrinsic laryngeal muscle activity during rat ultrasound vocalization. J Neurophysiol. 2011;106:2580-92 pubmed publisher..Many features of the laryngeal muscle activation pattern during ultrasound vocalization in rats are shared with other mammals...
- Wenzel D, Klevit R. Following Ariadne's thread: a new perspective on RBR ubiquitin ligases. BMC Biol. 2012;10:24 pubmed publisher..Re-evaluation of RBR ligases as RING/HECT E3s provokes new questions and challenges the field. ..