Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on tumor cell line in Houston, United States
Locale: Houston, United States
Topic: tumor cell line
- Arumugam T, Simeone D, Van Golen K, Logsdon C. S100P promotes pancreatic cancer growth, survival, and invasion. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:5356-64 pubmed..Thus, interference with S100P may provide a novel approach for treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Castellino R, De Bortoli M, Lin L, Skapura D, Rajan J, Adesina A, et al. Overexpressed TP73 induces apoptosis in medulloblastoma. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:127 pubmed..These results indicate that primary medulloblastomas express significant levels of TP73 isoforms, and suggest that they can modulate the survival and genotoxic responsiveness of medulloblastomas cells. ..
- Luthra R, Singh R, Luthra M, Li Y, Hannah C, Romans A, et al. MicroRNA-196a targets annexin A1: a microRNA-mediated mechanism of annexin A1 downregulation in cancers. Oncogene. 2008;27:6667-78 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated a novel mechanism of post-transcriptional regulation of ANXA1 expression and identified miR-196a as a marker of esophageal cancer. ..
- Creighton C. A gene transcription signature associated with hormone independence in a subset of both breast and prostate cancers. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:199 pubmed....
- Kim S, Cheon K, Kim C, Yoon J, Hawke D, Kobayashi R, et al. Proteomics-based identification of proteins secreted in apical surface fluid of squamous metaplastic human tracheobronchial epithelial cells cultured by three-dimensional organotypic air-liquid interface method. Cancer Res. 2007;67:6565-73 pubmed..These ASF proteins may be used to detect abnormal lesions in the lung without collecting invasive biopsy specimens. ..
- Dann S, Wang H, Gambarin K, Actor J, Robinson P, Lewis D, et al. Interleukin-15 activates human natural killer cells to clear the intestinal protozoan cryptosporidium. J Infect Dis. 2005;192:1294-302 pubmed..These data suggest that IL-15 has an important role in activating an NK cell-mediated pathway that leads to the elimination of intracellular protozoans from the intestines, which is a previously unrecognized feature of NK cell function. ..
- Bhat K, Pelloski C, Zhang Y, Kim S, deLaCruz C, Rehli M, et al. Selective repression of YKL-40 by NF-kappaB in glioma cell lines involves recruitment of histone deacetylase-1 and -2. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:3193-200 pubmed publisher..This study presents a paradigm for NF-kappaB regulation of one of its targets in a strict cell type specific manner. ..
- Pataer A, Hu W, Xiaolin L, Chada S, Roth J, Hunt K, et al. Adenoviral endoplasmic reticulum-targeted mda-7/interleukin-24 vector enhances human cancer cell killing. Mol Cancer Ther. 2008;7:2528-35 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that vectors targeting the ER (Ad-ER-mda7) may be more effective in cancer gene therapy possibly through more effective induction or ER stress pathways. ..
- Sandur S, Ichikawa H, Sethi G, Ahn K, Aggarwal B. Plumbagin (5-hydroxy-2-methyl-1,4-naphthoquinone) suppresses NF-kappaB activation and NF-kappaB-regulated gene products through modulation of p65 and IkappaBalpha kinase activation, leading to potentiation of apoptosis induced by cytokine and chemoth. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:17023-33 pubmed..This may explain its cell growth modulatory, anticarcinogenic, and radiosensitizing effects previously described. ..
- Subbarayan V, Krieg P, Hsi L, Kim J, Yang P, Sabichi A, et al. 15-Lipoxygenase-2 gene regulation by its product 15-(S)-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid through a negative feedback mechanism that involves peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma. Oncogene. 2006;25:6015-25 pubmed..These data suggest that crosstalk mechanisms exist between the 15-LOX-2 gene and PPARgamma to counterbalance expression and help explain the inverse relationship of these genes in normal versus cancer cells. ..
- Xia D, Holla V, Wang D, Menter D, DuBois R. HEF1 is a crucial mediator of the proliferative effects of prostaglandin E(2) on colon cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2010;70:824-31 pubmed publisher..Further, they establish that HEF1 is a crucial downstream mediator of PGE(2) action during colorectal carcinogenesis. ..
- Tanyi J, Hasegawa Y, Lapushin R, Morris A, Wolf J, Berchuck A, et al. Role of decreased levels of lipid phosphate phosphatase-1 in accumulation of lysophosphatidic acid in ovarian cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:3534-45 pubmed..Thus, the LPA-rich environment of the ovarian cancer cell in vivo and the subsequent effects of cellular pathophysiology may be a consequence of both increased LPA production and decreased LPA metabolism by ovarian cancer cells. ..
- Wislez M, Fujimoto N, Izzo J, Hanna A, Cody D, Langley R, et al. High expression of ligands for chemokine receptor CXCR2 in alveolar epithelial neoplasia induced by oncogenic kras. Cancer Res. 2006;66:4198-207 pubmed..Thus, high expression of CXCR2 ligands may contribute to the expansion of early alveolar neoplastic lesions induced by oncogenic KRAS. ..
- Liu J, Mao Z, Lafortune T, Alonso M, Gallick G, Fueyo J, et al. Cell cycle-dependent nuclear export of phosphatase and tensin homologue tumor suppressor is regulated by the phosphoinositide-3-kinase signaling cascade. Cancer Res. 2007;67:11054-63 pubmed..This scenario exemplifies a reciprocal regulation between PI3K and PTEN that defines a novel negative-feedback loop in cell cycle progression. ..
- Lee O, Jain A, Papusha V, Jaiswal A. An auto-regulatory loop between stress sensors INrf2 and Nrf2 controls their cellular abundance. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:36412-20 pubmed..The induction of INrf2 followed ubiquitination and degradation of Nrf2 and suppression of INrf2 gene expression. In conclusion, Nrf2 regulates INrf2 by controlling its transcription, and INrf2 controls Nrf2 by degrading it. ..
- Stewart L, Lyles B, Lin M, Weigel N. Vitamin D receptor agonists induce prostatic acid phosphatase to reduce cell growth and HER-2 signaling in LNCaP-derived human prostate cancer cells. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;97:37-46 pubmed..These data therefore suggest that 1,25D-mediated decreases in LNCaP and C81 LN cell growth are in part due to decreases in tyrosine kinase signaling that result from up-regulation of PAcP. ..
- Post S, Quintas Cardama A, Pant V, Iwakuma T, Hamir A, Jackson J, et al. A high-frequency regulatory polymorphism in the p53 pathway accelerates tumor development. Cancer Cell. 2010;18:220-30 pubmed publisher..These data provide causal evidence for increased cancer risk in carriers of the Mdm2(SNP309G) allele. ..
- Fant M, Weisoly D, Cocchia M, Huber R, Khan S, Lunt T, et al. PLAC1, a trophoblast-specific gene, is expressed throughout pregnancy in the human placenta and modulated by keratinocyte growth factor. Mol Reprod Dev. 2002;63:430-6 pubmed..Trophoblast-specific expression throughout gestation and responsiveness to KGF are consistent with a fundamental role for PLAC1 at the maternal-fetal interface. ..
- Ozen M, Ittmann M. Increased expression and activity of CDC25C phosphatase and an alternatively spliced variant in prostate cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:4701-6 pubmed..This data suggests that CDC25C might play an important role in prostate cancer progression and could be used to monitor and predict the aggressiveness of this disease. ..
- Barnes C, Li F, Talukder A, Kumar R. Growth factor regulation of a 26S proteasomal subunit in breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:2868-74 pubmed..These findings now provide a potential mechanistic rationale for the use of proteasome inhibitors in breast cancers with active HRG signaling. ..
- Varadhachary A, Wolf J, Petrak K, O Malley B, Spadaro M, Curcio C, et al. Oral lactoferrin inhibits growth of established tumors and potentiates conventional chemotherapy. Int J Cancer. 2004;111:398-403 pubmed..rhLF has been administered orally to 211 people without a single serious drug-related adverse event. Thus, rhLF shows promise as a safe and well-tolerated novel immunomodulatory anticancer agent. ..
- Yoshida H, Cheng W, Hung J, Montell D, Geisbrecht E, Rosen D, et al. Lessons from border cell migration in the Drosophila ovary: A role for myosin VI in dissemination of human ovarian cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:8144-9 pubmed..Therefore, using genetic analysis of border cell migration in Drosophila is a powerful approach to identify novel molecules that promote ovarian cancer dissemination and represent potential therapeutic targets. ..
- Shanmugam M, McBrayer S, Qian J, Raikoff K, Avram M, Singhal S, et al. Targeting glucose consumption and autophagy in myeloma with the novel nucleoside analogue 8-aminoadenosine. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:26816-30 pubmed publisher..This study establishes the potential of metabolic targeting as a broader means to kill and sensitize myeloma and identifies a compound that can achieve this goal. ..
- Zuo X, Morris J, Shureiqi I. Chromatin modification requirements for 15-lipoxygenase-1 transcriptional reactivation in colon cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:31341-7 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that histone modification in the 15-LOX-1 promoter is important to 15-LOX-1 transcriptional silencing in colon cancer cells and that HDACIs can activate gene transcription via KDM3A demethylation of H3K9me2. ..
- Szentirmay M, Yang H, Pawar S, Vinson C, Sawadogo M. The IGF2 receptor is a USF2-specific target in nontumorigenic mammary epithelial cells but not in breast cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:37231-40 pubmed..IGF2R promoter-driven expression was USF-independent in both MCF-7 and MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cell lines, suggesting that a defect in USF function may contribute to down-regulation of IGF2R expression in cancer cells. ..
- He J, Pan Y, Hu J, Albarracin C, Wu Y, Dai J. Profile of Ets gene expression in human breast carcinoma. Cancer Biol Ther. 2007;6:76-82 pubmed..Our results warrant detailed studies of individual Ets activity during mammary gland neoplasia. ..
- Lesslie D, Summy J, Parikh N, Fan F, Trevino J, Sawyer T, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 mediates migration of human colorectal carcinoma cells by activation of Src family kinases. Br J Cancer. 2006;94:1710-7 pubmed..These results suggest that VEGFR-1 promotes migration of tumour cells through a Src-dependent pathway linked to activation of focal adhesion components that regulate this process. ..
- Pathak S, Multani A, Banerji P, Banerji P. Ruta 6 selectively induces cell death in brain cancer cells but proliferation in normal peripheral blood lymphocytes: A novel treatment for human brain cancer. Int J Oncol. 2003;23:975-82 pubmed..Cancer cell death was initiated by telomere erosion and completed through mitotic catastrophe events. We propose that Ruta in combination with Ca3(PO4)2 could be used for effective treatment of brain cancers, particularly glioma...
- Fleisig H, Orazio N, Liang H, Tyler A, Adams H, Weitzman M, et al. Adenoviral E1B55K oncoprotein sequesters candidate leukemia suppressor sequence-specific single-stranded DNA-binding protein 2 into aggresomes. Oncogene. 2007;26:4797-805 pubmed..These data demonstrate that E1B55K targets the candidate leukemia suppressor SSBP2 and suggest that subverting its function may contribute to cell transformation by viral oncoproteins. ..
- Kim L, Huang S, Lu W, Lev D, Price J. Vascular endothelial growth factor expression promotes the growth of breast cancer brain metastases in nude mice. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2004;21:107-18 pubmed..Targeting endothelial cells with a VEGF-receptor specific tyrosine kinase inhibitor reduced angiogenesis and restricted the growth of the brain metastases. ..
- Tsai W, Chung Y, Takahashi Y, Xu Z, Hu M. Functional interaction between FOXO3a and ATM regulates DNA damage response. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:460-7 pubmed publisher..The carboxy-terminal domain of FOXO3a binds to the FAT domain of ATM, thereby contributing to the activation of ATM. These results suggest that ATM may be regulated directly by FOXO3a in the DNA-damage response. ..
- Peponi E, Drakos E, Reyes G, Leventaki V, Rassidakis G, Medeiros L. Activation of mammalian target of rapamycin signaling promotes cell cycle progression and protects cells from apoptosis in mantle cell lymphoma. Am J Pathol. 2006;169:2171-80 pubmed..These findings suggest that the mTOR signaling pathway is activated and may contribute to cell cycle progression and tumor cell survival in MCL. ..
- Marissen W, Triyoso D, Younan P, Lloyd R. Degradation of poly(A)-binding protein in apoptotic cells and linkage to translation regulation. Apoptosis. 2004;9:67-75 pubmed..The data suggest that targeted degradation of PABP contributes to translation inhibition in apoptotic cells. ..
- Kaka A, Shaffer D, Hartmaier R, Hartmeier R, Leen A, Lu A, et al. Genetic modification of T cells with IL-21 enhances antigen presentation and generation of central memory tumor-specific cytotoxic T-lymphocytes. J Immunother. 2009;32:726-36 pubmed publisher....
- Kolodziejski P, Koo J, Eissa N. Regulation of inducible nitric oxide synthase by rapid cellular turnover and cotranslational down-regulation by dimerization inhibitors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:18141-6 pubmed..This study provides insights into the cellular posttranslational mechanisms of iNOS and has important implications for design of selective iNOS inhibitors and their use in therapeutic strategies. ..
- Lee S, Kim D, Goo Y, Lee Y, Lee S, Lee J. Crucial roles for interactions between MLL3/4 and INI1 in nuclear receptor transactivation. Mol Endocrinol. 2009;23:610-9 pubmed publisher..Importantly, this study uncovers a specific protein-protein interaction as a novel venue to couple two distinct enzymatic coactivator complexes during NR transactivation. ..
- Winter H, Marriott S. Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 Tax enhances serum response factor DNA binding and alters site selection. J Virol. 2007;81:6089-98 pubmed..These results suggest that Tax activates SRF-responsive transcription by enhancing its binding affinity to multiple different SRE sequences. ..
- Wang H, Song X, Logsdon C, Zhou G, Evans D, Abbruzzese J, et al. Proteasome-mediated degradation and functions of hematopoietic progenitor kinase 1 in pancreatic cancer. Cancer Res. 2009;69:1063-70 pubmed publisher..Thus, HPK1 may function as a novel tumor suppressor and its loss plays a critical role in pancreatic cancer. ..
- Persad R, Liu C, Wu T, Houlihan P, Hamilton S, Diehl A, et al. Overexpression of caspase-3 in hepatocellular carcinomas. Mod Pathol. 2004;17:861-7 pubmed..Caspase-3 overexpression in HCCs by immunohistochemistry was associated with serum alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) levels (P=0.01). In conclusion, caspase-3 is frequently overexpressed in HCCs and is associated with high serum levels of AFP. ..
- Vasudevan S, Shang X, Shang X, Chang S, Ge N, Diaz Miron J, et al. Neuroblastoma-derived secretory protein is a novel secreted factor overexpressed in neuroblastoma. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009;8:2478-89 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, NDSP serves as a growth factor for neuroblastoma tumor cells through activation of the ERK-mediated proliferation pathway. ..
- Lee E, Issa J, Roberts D, Williams M, Weber R, Kies M, et al. Quantitative promoter hypermethylation analysis of cancer-related genes in salivary gland carcinomas: comparison with methylation-specific PCR technique and clinical significance. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:2664-72 pubmed publisher....
- William W, Lee J, Lippman S, Martin J, Chakravarti N, Tran H, et al. High-dose fenretinide in oral leukoplakia. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2009;2:22-6 pubmed publisher..This result is consistent with our clinical finding that high-dose fenretinide did not improve on the historical response rate of lower-dose fenretinide in our previous oral leukoplakia trial...
- Williams C, Helguero L, Edvardsson K, Haldosén L, Gustafsson J. Gene expression in murine mammary epithelial stem cell-like cells shows similarities to human breast cancer gene expression. Breast Cancer Res. 2009;11:R26 pubmed publisher..To determine a possible association between mammary stem cells and breast cancer, a detailed characterization of the transcriptome in mammary stem cells is essential...
- Lee S, Lee B, Lee J, Lee S. Retinoid signaling and neurogenin2 function are coupled for the specification of spinal motor neurons through a chromatin modifier CBP. Neuron. 2009;62:641-54 pubmed publisher..Our study uncovers the mechanism by which extrinsic RA-signal and intrinsic transcription factor Ngn2 cooperate for cell fate specification through their synergistic activity to trigger transcriptionally active chromatin. ..
- Motomura T, Ueda K, Ohtani S, Hansen E, Ji L, Ito K, et al. Evaluation of systemic external microwave hyperthermia for treatment of pleural metastasis in orthotopic lung cancer model. Oncol Rep. 2010;24:591-8 pubmed..Further study is necessary to determine device safeness, efficacy, and synergistic effect to other possible combination therapies...
- Fujioka S, Schmidt C, Sclabas G, Li Z, Pelicano H, Peng B, et al. Stabilization of p53 is a novel mechanism for proapoptotic function of NF-kappaB. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:27549-59 pubmed..Thus, these findings reveal a mechanism of NF-kappaB-regulated proapoptotic signaling. ..
- Hampton O, den Hollander P, Miller C, Delgado D, Li J, Coarfa C, et al. A sequence-level map of chromosomal breakpoints in the MCF-7 breast cancer cell line yields insights into the evolution of a cancer genome. Genome Res. 2009;19:167-77 pubmed publisher..We show that knock-down of SULF2 in cell lines causes tumorigenic phenotypes, including increased proliferation, enhanced survival, and increased anchorage-independent growth. ..
- Kuo H, Lee D, Xia W, Lai C, Li L, Hung M. Phosphorylation of ARD1 by IKKbeta contributes to its destabilization and degradation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;389:156-61 pubmed publisher..Our findings of molecular interactions between ARD1 and IKKbeta may enable further understanding of the upstream regulation mechanisms of ARD1 and of the diverse functions of IKKbeta. ..
- Zhang L, Sullivan P, Suyama J, Marchetti D. Epidermal growth factor-induced heparanase nucleolar localization augments DNA topoisomerase I activity in brain metastatic breast cancer. Mol Cancer Res. 2010;8:278-90 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings support the notion that HPSE is a critical downstream target of HER2 mechanisms driving BMBC and is potentially relevant for BMBC therapeutic interventions. ..
- Samanta A, Huang H, Le X, Mao W, Lu K, Bast R, et al. MEKK3 expression correlates with nuclear factor kappa B activity and with expression of antiapoptotic genes in serous ovarian carcinoma. Cancer. 2009;115:3897-908 pubmed publisher..MEKK3 may be aberrantly expressed in ovarian cancers and plays an important role in tumors with constitutively activated NFkappaB. ..
- Cao W, Bover L, Cho M, Wen X, Hanabuchi S, Bao M, et al. Regulation of TLR7/9 responses in plasmacytoid dendritic cells by BST2 and ILT7 receptor interaction. J Exp Med. 2009;206:1603-14 pubmed publisher..Readily induced by IFN and other proinflammatory cytokines, BST2 may modulate the human pDC's IFN responses through ILT7 in a negative feedback fashion. ..
- McAlhany S, Ressler S, Larsen M, Tuxhorn J, Yang F, Dang T, et al. Promotion of angiogenesis by ps20 in the differential reactive stroma prostate cancer xenograft model. Cancer Res. 2003;63:5859-65 pubmed..These findings suggest that ps20 may be a TGF-beta1-induced regulator of angiogenesis that functions by either promoting endothelial cell migration or by contributing to pericyte stabilization of newly formed vascular structures. ..
- Chen R, Chubb S, Cheng T, Hawtin R, Gandhi V, Plunkett W. Responses in mantle cell lymphoma cells to SNS-032 depend on the biological context of each cell line. Cancer Res. 2010;70:6587-97 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results indicated that mantle cell lymphoma cell lines have distinct mechanisms sustaining their survival, and the mechanism of action of SNS-032 is dependent on the biological context of an individual line. ..
- Gascoyne P. Dielectrophoretic-field flow fractionation analysis of dielectric, density, and deformability characteristics of cells and particles. Anal Chem. 2009;81:8878-85 pubmed publisher..The extended DEP-FFF theory is widely applicable, and the parameter measurement methods may be adapted easily to other types of particles. ..
- Ahn K, Sethi G, Krishnan K, Aggarwal B. Gamma-tocotrienol inhibits nuclear factor-kappaB signaling pathway through inhibition of receptor-interacting protein and TAK1 leading to suppression of antiapoptotic gene products and potentiation of apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:809-20 pubmed..Overall, our results demonstrate that gamma-tocotrienol inhibited the NF-kappaB activation pathway, leading to down-regulation of various gene products and potentiation of apoptosis. ..
- Bauer T, Fan F, Liu W, Johnson M, Parikh N, Parry G, et al. Insulinlike growth factor-I-mediated migration and invasion of human colon carcinoma cells requires activation of c-Met and urokinase plasminogen activator receptor. Ann Surg. 2005;241:748-56; discussion 756-8 pubmed..Elucidation of the pathways that contribute to tumor progression and metastasis should provide a foundation for the rational development and use of targeted therapies for CRC. ..
- Rassidakis G, Georgakis G, Oyarzo M, Younes A, Medeiros L. Lack of c-kit (CD117) expression in CD30+ lymphomas and lymphomatoid papulosis. Mod Pathol. 2004;17:946-53 pubmed....
- Oh S, Lee O, Schroeder C, Oh Y, Ke S, Cha H, et al. Antimetastatic activity of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 in lung cancer is mediated by insulin-like growth factor-independent urokinase-type plasminogen activator inhibition. Mol Cancer Ther. 2006;5:2685-95 pubmed..Our findings indicate that IGFBP-3 may be a promising anti-invasive and antimetastatic therapeutic agent in lung cancer. ..
- Akkiprik M, Hu L, Sahin A, Hao X, Zhang W. The subcellular localization of IGFBP5 affects its cell growth and migration functions in breast cancer. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:103 pubmed publisher....
- Kim E, Ridgway L, Dryer S. Interactions with filamin A stimulate surface expression of large-conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channels in the absence of direct actin binding. Mol Pharmacol. 2007;72:622-30 pubmed....
- Nair S, Mishra S, Yang Z, Balasenthil S, Kumar R, Vadlamudi R. Potential role of a novel transcriptional coactivator PELP1 in histone H1 displacement in cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2004;64:6416-23 pubmed..Our results provide novel insights about the transcription regulation of PELP1 and suggest that PELP1 participates in chromatin remodeling activity via displacement of histone 1 in cancer cells. ..
- Wang J, Lee J, Wang L, Liu D, Lu C, Fan Y, et al. Value of p16INK4a and RASSF1A promoter hypermethylation in prognosis of patients with resectable non-small cell lung cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:6119-25 pubmed....