Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transgenic mice in Galveston, Texas, United States
Locale: Galveston, Texas, United States
Topic: transgenic mice
- Yang H, Wu B, Tuzun E, Saini S, Li J, Allman W, et al. A new mouse model of autoimmune ocular myasthenia gravis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:5101-11 pubmed..This new model of oMG will be a valuable tool for studying the mechanism of oMG and gMG pathogenesis in humans and for preclinical therapeutic analysis. ..
- Choksi K, Roberts L, DeFord J, Rabek J, Papaconstantinou J. Lower levels of F2-isoprostanes in serum and livers of long-lived Ames dwarf mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;364:761-4 pubmed..Our results show that the serum and liver IsoP levels in DW mice are lower at all ages suggesting that the lower levels of endogenous ROS production in DW mice may be a factor in their resistance to oxidative stress and longevity. ..
- Yang H, Kala M, Scott B, Goluszko E, Chapman H, Christadoss P. Cathepsin S is required for murine autoimmune myasthenia gravis pathogenesis. J Immunol. 2005;174:1729-37 pubmed..Because Cat S null mice are not severely immunocompromised, Cat S inhibitors could be tested for their therapeutic potential in EAMG. ..
- Zhou W, Vergara L, Konig R. T cell receptor induced intracellular redistribution of type I protein kinase A. Immunology. 2004;113:453-9 pubmed
- Singh P, Velasco M, Given R, Wargovich M, Varro A, Wang T. Mice overexpressing progastrin are predisposed for developing aberrant colonic crypt foci in response to AOM. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2000;278:G390-9 pubmed..amidated gastrins. In conclusion, our results provide strong support for a cocarcinogenic role for nonamidated gastrins in colon carcinogenesis...
- Ernest S, Bello Reuss E. Expression and function of P-glycoprotein in a mouse kidney cell line. Am J Physiol. 1995;269:C323-33 pubmed..The concomitant administration of VRP and CSA was not deleterious and coincided with preferential accumulation of VRP over CSA. Inhibition of PGP-mediated transport is demonstrated as a mechanism of renal cell toxicity...
- Starr M, Ueda J, Takahashi H, Weiler H, Esmon C, Evers B, et al. Age-dependent vulnerability to endotoxemia is associated with reduction of anticoagulant factors activated protein C and thrombomodulin. Blood. 2010;115:4886-93 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that PC pathway activation is suppressed with aging and is partly responsible for age-associated thrombosis and high mortality during endotoxemia...
- Bohannon J, Cui W, Sherwood E, Toliver Kinsky T. Dendritic cell modification of neutrophil responses to infection after burn injury. J Immunol. 2010;185:2847-53 pubmed publisher..The results of this study provide new insight into immunological mechanisms that can offer protection against infection after burn injury. ..
- Tseng C, Huang C, Newman P, Wang N, Narayanan K, Watts D, et al. Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus infection of mice transgenic for the human Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 virus receptor. J Virol. 2007;81:1162-73 pubmed
- Surendran S, Matalon R, Tyring S. Upregulation of aspartoacylase activity in the duodenum of obesity induced diabetes mouse: implications on diabetic neuropathy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;345:973-5 pubmed
- Boylston W, Gerstner A, DeFord J, Madsen M, Flurkey K, Harrison D, et al. Altered cholesterologenic and lipogenic transcriptional profile in livers of aging Snell dwarf (Pit1dw/dwJ) mice. Aging Cell. 2004;3:283-96 pubmed
- Poussin M, Goluszko E, David C, Franco J, Christadoss P. HLA-DQ6 transgenic mice resistance to experimental autoimmune myasthenia gravis is linked to reduced acetylcholine receptor-specific IFN-gamma, IL-2 and IL-10 production. J Autoimmun. 2001;17:175-80 pubmed..Resistance of DQ6 transgenic mice to EAMG was linked to a dramatic suppression of AChR-specific IFN-gamma, IL-2 and IL-10 productions by AChR-primed lymph node cells. ..
- Murray N, Davidson L, Chapkin R, Clay Gustafson W, Schattenberg D, Fields A. Overexpression of protein kinase C betaII induces colonic hyperproliferation and increased sensitivity to colon carcinogenesis. J Cell Biol. 1999;145:699-711 pubmed..These data demonstrate a direct role for PKC betaII in colonic epithelial cell proliferation and colon carcinogenesis, possibly through activation of the APC/beta-catenin signaling pathway. ..
- Liu D, Bao F, Wen J, Liu J. Mutation of superoxide dismutase elevates reactive species: comparison of nitration and oxidation of proteins in different brain regions of transgenic mice with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Neuroscience. 2007;146:255-64 pubmed..Our in vivo evidence correlates mutation of the SOD1 gene to increased nitric oxide, nitration and oxidation of proteins in ALS. ..
- Savidge T, Newman P, Pothoulakis C, Ruhl A, Neunlist M, Bourreille A, et al. Enteric glia regulate intestinal barrier function and inflammation via release of S-nitrosoglutathione. Gastroenterology. 2007;132:1344-58 pubmed
- Dineley K, Hogan D, Zhang W, Taglialatela G. Acute inhibition of calcineurin restores associative learning and memory in Tg2576 APP transgenic mice. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2007;88:217-24 pubmed..These results indicate that calcineurin may mediate some of the cognitive effects of excess Abeta such that inhibition of calcineurin shall be further explored as a potential treatment to reverse cognitive impairments in AD. ..
- Yoshikawa N, Yoshikawa T, Hill T, Huang C, Watts D, Makino S, et al. Differential virological and immunological outcome of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus infection in susceptible and resistant transgenic mice expressing human angiotensin-converting enzyme 2. J Virol. 2009;83:5451-65 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data revealed a more intense viral infection and immunosuppression in AC70 mice than in AC22 mice, thereby providing us with an immunopathogenic basis for the fatal outcome of SARS-CoV infection in the AC70 mice...
- Liu D, Wen J, Liu J, Li L. The roles of free radicals in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: reactive oxygen species and elevated oxidation of protein, DNA, and membrane phospholipids. FASEB J. 1999;13:2318-28 pubmed..Liu, D., Wen, J., Liu, J., Li, L. The roles of free radicals in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: reactive oxygen species and elevated oxidation of protein, DNA, and membrane phospholipids. ..
- Sobol R, Horton J, Kuhn R, Gu H, Singhal R, Prasad R, et al. Requirement of mammalian DNA polymerase-beta in base-excision repair. Nature. 1996;379:183-6 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that beta-polymerase functions specifically in base-excision repair in vivo. ..