Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transfection in Houston, Texas, United States
Locale: Houston, Texas, United States
Publications208 found, 100 shown here
- Murshed M, Harmey D, Millan J, McKee M, Karsenty G. Unique coexpression in osteoblasts of broadly expressed genes accounts for the spatial restriction of ECM mineralization to bone. Genes Dev. 2005;19:1093-104 pubmed
- Riskin A, Nannegari V, Mond Y. Acute effectors of GLUT1 glucose transporter subcellular targeting in CIT3 mouse mammary epithelial cells. Pediatr Res. 2008;63:56-61 pubmed..This machinery offers another level of regulation of lactose synthesis by altering GLUT1 targeting within minutes to hours. ..
- Ogawa Y, Horresh I, Trimmer J, Bredt D, Peles E, Rasband M. Postsynaptic density-93 clusters Kv1 channels at axon initial segments independently of Caspr2. J Neurosci. 2008;28:5731-9 pubmed publisher..In contrast, Caspr2, which mediates Kv1 channel clustering at the juxtaparanode, is not required for localization of Kv1 channels at the AIS. These results show PSD-93 mediates AIS accumulation of Kv1 channels independently of Caspr2. ..
- Wang H, Song X, Logsdon C, Zhou G, Evans D, Abbruzzese J, et al. Proteasome-mediated degradation and functions of hematopoietic progenitor kinase 1 in pancreatic cancer. Cancer Res. 2009;69:1063-70 pubmed publisher..Thus, HPK1 may function as a novel tumor suppressor and its loss plays a critical role in pancreatic cancer. ..
- Chen L, Mayer J, Krisko T, Speers C, Wang T, Hilsenbeck S, et al. Inhibition of the p38 kinase suppresses the proliferation of human ER-negative breast cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2009;69:8853-61 pubmed publisher..Because most ER-negative breast tumors express mutant p53, our results provide the foundation for future development of p38 inhibitors to target p38 for the treatment of p53 mutant and ER-negative breast cancers. ..
- Duman J, Tzeng C, Tu Y, Munjal T, Schwechter B, Ho T, et al. The adhesion-GPCR BAI1 regulates synaptogenesis by controlling the recruitment of the Par3/Tiam1 polarity complex to synaptic sites. J Neurosci. 2013;33:6964-78 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results provide the first example of a cell surface receptor that targets members of the PAR polarity complex to synapses. ..
- Hartman Z, Poage G, den Hollander P, Tsimelzon A, Hill J, Panupinthu N, et al. Growth of triple-negative breast cancer cells relies upon coordinate autocrine expression of the proinflammatory cytokines IL-6 and IL-8. Cancer Res. 2013;73:3470-80 pubmed publisher..Together these findings offer a rationale for dual inhibition of IL-6/IL-8 signaling as a therapeutic strategy to improve outcomes for patients with TNBCs. ..
- Seguin L, Kato S, Franovic A, Camargo M, Lesperance J, Elliott K, et al. An integrin Î²â‚ƒ-KRAS-RalB complex drives tumour stemness and resistance to EGFR inhibition. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:457-68 pubmed publisher..These findings not only identify Î±(v)Î²â‚ƒ as a marker/driver of carcinoma stemness but also reveal a therapeutic strategy to sensitize such tumours to RTK inhibition. ..
- Karatas O, Yuceturk B, Suer I, Yilmaz M, Cansiz H, Solak M, et al. Role of miR-145 in human laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma. Head Neck. 2016;38:260-6 pubmed publisher..We have demonstrated the deregulation of miR-145 and SOX2 in laryngeal SCC. Based on these results, we propose that miR-145, as an important regulator of SOX2, carries crucial roles in laryngeal SCC tumorigenesis. ..
- Weiler S, Pinna F, Wolf T, Lutz T, Geldiyev A, Sticht C, et al. Induction of Chromosome Instability by Activation of Yes-Associated Protein and Forkhead Box M1 in Liver Cancer. Gastroenterology. 2017;152:2037-2051.e22 pubmed publisher..Agents that disrupt this pathway might be developed as treatments for liver cancer. Transcriptome data are available in the Gene Expression Omnibus public database (accession numbers: GSE32597 and GSE73396). ..
- Price M, Davis C, Deng F, Burgess D. The alpha-amino-3-hydroxyl-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionate receptor trafficking regulator "stargazin" is related to the claudin family of proteins by Its ability to mediate cell-cell adhesion. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:19711-20 pubmed..We speculate these complexes may have co-opted the established presence of stargazin at sites of close cell-cell contact to facilitate their own evolving intercellular signaling functions. ..
- Rosen D, Yang G, Bast R, Liu J. Use of Ras-transformed human ovarian surface epithelial cells as a model for studying ovarian cancer. Methods Enzymol. 2006;407:660-76 pubmed
- Siddiqui A, Irani R, Blackwell S, Ramin S, Kellems R, Xia Y. Angiotensin receptor agonistic autoantibody is highly prevalent in preeclampsia: correlation with disease severity. Hypertension. 2010;55:386-93 pubmed publisher..These data serve as compelling clinical evidence that AT(1)-AA is highly prevalent in PE, and its titer is strongly correlated to the severity of the disease. ..
- Ramirez P, Gershenson D, Tortolero Luna G, Ramondetta L, Fightmaster D, Wharton J, et al. Expression of cell-cycle mediators in ovarian cancer cells after transfection with p16(INK4a), p21(WAF1/Cip-1), and p53. Gynecol Oncol. 2001;83:543-8 pubmed..Cell cycle arrest was highest with p53 transfection. The expression of pro-apoptosis proteins was primarily a function of p53 expression. ..
- Fang X, Yu S, Tanyi J, Lu Y, Woodgett J, Mills G. Convergence of multiple signaling cascades at glycogen synthase kinase 3: Edg receptor-mediated phosphorylation and inactivation by lysophosphatidic acid through a protein kinase C-dependent intracellular pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:2099-110 pubmed..LPA and potentially other natural ligands primarily utilize a PKC-dependent pathway to modulate GSK-3. ..
- Liu G, Wang H, Wang Z. Identification of a highly conserved domain in the androgen receptor that suppresses the DNA-binding domain-DNA interactions. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:14956-60 pubmed..These data demonstrate the existence of a novel inhibitory domain in the N-terminal part of AR, which might play important roles in the regulation of AR trans-activation. ..
- Lee H, Srinivas H, Xia D, Lu Y, Superty R, Lapushin R, et al. Evidence that phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase- and mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase-4/c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase-dependent Pathways cooperate to maintain lung cancer cell survival. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:23630-8 pubmed..Furthermore, LY294002 induced apoptosis of MKK4-null but not wild-type mouse embryo fibroblasts. Therefore, we propose that, in the setting of wild-type PTEN, PI3K- and MKK4/JNK-dependent pathways cooperate to maintain cell survival. ..
- Shao H, Cheng H, Cook R, Tweardy D. Identification and characterization of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 recruitment sites within the epidermal growth factor receptor. Cancer Res. 2003;63:3923-30 pubmed..When delivered into squamous carcinoma cells, phosphopeptides spanning Y1068 and Y1086 were able to inhibit EGFR-stimulated Stat3 DNA binding activity and cell proliferation. ..
- Siwak D, Mendoza Gamboa E, Tari A. HER2/neu uses Akt to suppress retinoic acid response element binding activity in MDA-MB-453 breast cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2003;23:1739-45 pubmed..These data indicate that HER2/neu predominantly uses Akt to suppress RARE binding activity, which may be one mechanism by which HER2/neu induces ATRA resistance in breast cancer cells. ..
- Akli S, Zheng P, Multani A, Wingate H, Pathak S, Zhang N, et al. Tumor-specific low molecular weight forms of cyclin E induce genomic instability and resistance to p21, p27, and antiestrogens in breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2004;64:3198-208 pubmed
- Hamilton K, Mbai F, Gupta S, Knowlton A. Estrogen, heat shock proteins, and NFkappaB in human vascular endothelium. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004;24:1628-33 pubmed..Transcription factor decoys blocked estrogen-related HSP72 induction. Estrogen decreased LDH release with hypoxia. An NF-kappaB decoy blocked the HSP72 increase and estrogen-associated protection. ..
- Cheng H, Cenciarelli C, Nelkin G, Tsan R, Fan D, Cheng Mayer C, et al. Molecular mechanism of hTid-1, the human homolog of Drosophila tumor suppressor l(2)Tid, in the regulation of NF-kappaB activity and suppression of tumor growth. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:44-59 pubmed..Collectively, the data suggest that hTid-1 represses the activity of NF-kappaB through physical and functional interactions with the IKK complex and IkappaB and, in doing so, it modulates cell growth and death. ..
- Li K, Wang S, Li Y, Martin R, Li L, Lu M, et al. Identification and expression of a new type II transmembrane protein in human mast cells. Genomics. 2005;86:68-75 pubmed..Immunochemical staining of human lung sections showed that MCEMP1 staining is specifically associated with lung mast cells. ..
- McCarty M, Somcio R, Stoeltzing O, Wey J, Fan F, Liu W, et al. Overexpression of PDGF-BB decreases colorectal and pancreatic cancer growth by increasing tumor pericyte content. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:2114-22 pubmed..Single-agent therapy targeting PDGF receptor must be used with caution in tumors when PDGFR is not the target on the tumor cell itself. ..
- Yamasaki F, Zhang D, Bartholomeusz C, Sudo T, Hortobagyi G, Kurisu K, et al. Sensitivity of breast cancer cells to erlotinib depends on cyclin-dependent kinase 2 activity. Mol Cancer Ther. 2007;6:2168-77 pubmed
- Guix S, Asanaka M, Katayama K, Crawford S, Neill F, Atmar R, et al. Norwalk virus RNA is infectious in mammalian cells. J Virol. 2007;81:12238-48 pubmed
- Howard A, Bridges K, Meyn R, Chandra J. ABT-737, a BH3 mimetic, induces glutathione depletion and oxidative stress. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2009;65:41-54 pubmed publisher..Clinically, redox alterations as a consequence of Bcl-2 inhibition by ABT-737 should be considered in devising combination therapies with this novel agent or its derivatives. ..
- Reisenauer M, Wang S, Xia Y, Zhang W. Dot1a contains three nuclear localization signals and regulates the epithelial Na+ channel (ENaC) at multiple levels. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;299:F63-76 pubmed publisher..In brief, Dot1a and AF9 downregulate Na(+) transport, most likely by regulating ENaC mRNA and subsequent protein expression and ENaC activity. ..
- Cheng J, Wang Y, Ma Y, Chan B, Yang M, Liang A, et al. The mechanical stress-activated serum-, glucocorticoid-regulated kinase 1 contributes to neointima formation in vein grafts. Circ Res. 2010;107:1265-74 pubmed publisher..However, it is unknown what intracellular growth signal leads to proliferation of venous SMCs...
- Li C, Xia W, Huo L, Lim S, Wu Y, Hsu J, et al. Epithelial-mesenchymal transition induced by TNF-? requires NF-?B-mediated transcriptional upregulation of Twist1. Cancer Res. 2012;72:1290-300 pubmed publisher..We suggest that targeting NF-?B-mediated Twist1 upregulation may offer an effective a therapeutic strategy for breast cancer treatment. ..
- Lee C, Pearlman J, Chamberlain J, Caskey C. Expression of recombinant dystrophin and its localization to the cell membrane. Nature. 1991;349:334-6 pubmed..Our successful construction of a functional full-length cDNA opens opportunities for the study of structure and function of dystrophin and provides an opportunity to initiate gene therapy studies. ..
- Lin S, Culic O, Flanagan D, Hixson D. Immunochemical characterization of two isoforms of rat liver ecto-ATPase that show an immunological and structural identity with a glycoprotein cell-adhesion molecule with Mr 105,000. Biochem J. 1991;278 ( Pt 1):155-61 pubmed..The association of ATPase activity with cell-CAM105 raises the possibility that extracellular nucleotides may play important roles in regulating cell adhesion. ..
- Castellano A, Wei X, Birnbaumer L, Perez Reyes E. Cloning and expression of a neuronal calcium channel beta subunit. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:12359-66 pubmed
- Noda A, Ning Y, Venable S, Pereira Smith O, Smith J. Cloning of senescent cell-derived inhibitors of DNA synthesis using an expression screen. Exp Cell Res. 1994;211:90-8 pubmed..In contrast, RNA levels of sdi1 in senescent cells failed to decline, suggesting a role for this gene in maintaining the senescent phenotype. The sdi1 gene has been mapped to the p arm of chromosome 6. ..
- Coulter L, Landree M, Cooper T. Identification of a new class of exonic splicing enhancers by in vivo selection. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:2143-50 pubmed..We suggest the possibility that the dsx enhancer is a member of a previously unrecognized family of ACEs. ..
- Qyang Y, Luo X, Lu T, Ismail P, Krylov D, Vinson C, et al. Cell-type-dependent activity of the ubiquitous transcription factor USF in cellular proliferation and transcriptional activation. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:1508-17 pubmed..The activity of USF is therefore context dependent, and evidence for USF DNA-binding activity in particular cells is insufficient to indicate USF function in transcriptional activation and growth control. ..
- Nazareth L, Stenoien D, Bingman W, James A, Wu C, Zhang Y, et al. A C619Y mutation in the human androgen receptor causes inactivation and mislocalization of the receptor with concomitant sequestration of SRC-1 (steroid receptor coactivator 1). Mol Endocrinol. 1999;13:2065-75 pubmed..Although many inactivating mutations have been identified in androgen insensitivity syndrome patients, to our knowledge, this is the first characterization of an inactivating mutation identified in human prostate cancer. ..
- Yang J, Boerm M, McCarty M, Bucana C, Fidler I, Zhuang Y, et al. Mekk3 is essential for early embryonic cardiovascular development. Nat Genet. 2000;24:309-13 pubmed..We conclude that Mekk3 is necessary for blood vessel development and may be a possible target for drugs that control angiogenesis. ..
- Fernandes C, Rong L, Tamura T, Stewart K, Rogers L, McMicken H, et al. Stable transfection of Chinese hamster ovary cells with glutamate-cysteine ligase catalytic subunit cDNA confers increased resistance to tert-butyl hydroperoxide toxicity. Toxicol Lett. 2002;136:107-20 pubmed
- Opal P, Garcia J, Propst F, Matilla A, Orr H, Zoghbi H. Mapmodulin/leucine-rich acidic nuclear protein binds the light chain of microtubule-associated protein 1B and modulates neuritogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:34691-9 pubmed..LANP thus could play a key role in neuronal development and/or neurodegeneration by its interactions with microtubule associated proteins. ..
- Lu Y, Yu Q, Liu J, Zhang J, Wang H, Koul D, et al. Src family protein-tyrosine kinases alter the function of PTEN to regulate phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/AKT cascades. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:40057-66 pubmed..Coexpression of PTEN with activated Src reduces the stability of PTEN. Taken together, the data indicate that activated Src inhibits PTEN function leading to alterations in signaling through the PI3K/AKT pathway. ..
- Sabichi A, Subbarayan V, Llansa N, Lippman S, Menter D. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma suppresses cyclooxygenase-2 expression in human prostate cells. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2004;13:1704-9 pubmed..The present study showed that PPAR-gamma activation can be an important regulator of COX-2 in prostate cells and may be an important target for prostate cancer chemoprevention. ..
- Cheng W, Liu J, Yoshida H, Rosen D, Naora H. Lineage infidelity of epithelial ovarian cancers is controlled by HOX genes that specify regional identity in the reproductive tract. Nat Med. 2005;11:531-7 pubmed..Therefore, inappropriate activation of a molecular program that controls patterning of the reproductive tract could explain the morphologic heterogeneity of EOCs and their assumption of müllerian-like features. ..
- Oridate N, Kim H, Xu X, Lotan R. Growth inhibition of head and neck squamous carcinoma cells by small interfering RNAs targeting eIF4E or cyclin D1 alone or combined with cisplatin. Cancer Biol Ther. 2005;4:318-23 pubmed
- Senechal K, Thaller C, Noebels J. ADPEAF mutations reduce levels of secreted LGI1, a putative tumor suppressor protein linked to epilepsy. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:1613-20 pubmed..These results demonstrate loss-of-function as a pathogenic basis for LGI1-mediated ADPEAF. ..
- Agoulnik I, Vaid A, Bingman W, Erdeme H, Frolov A, Smith C, et al. Role of SRC-1 in the promotion of prostate cancer cell growth and tumor progression. Cancer Res. 2005;65:7959-67 pubmed
- Wen X, Yang G, Mao W, Thornton A, Liu J, Bast R, et al. HER2 signaling modulates the equilibrium between pro- and antiangiogenic factors via distinct pathways: implications for HER2-targeted antibody therapy. Oncogene. 2006;25:6986-96 pubmed..Trastuzumab inhibits angiogenesis and tumor growth, at least in part, through activation of the HER2-p38-TSP-1 pathway and inhibition of the HER2-PI3K-AKT-VEGF/IL-8 pathway. ..
- Rosen D, Mercado Uribe I, Yang G, Bast R, Amin H, Lai R, et al. The role of constitutively active signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 in ovarian tumorigenesis and prognosis. Cancer. 2006;107:2730-40 pubmed..Further studies are needed to elucidate the mechanism of activation of Stat3, its effects on downstream targets, and its role in the neoplastic transformation of epithelial ovarian cells. ..
- Park H, Park W, Bondaruk J, Tanaka N, Katayama H, Lee S, et al. Quantitation of Aurora kinase A gene copy number in urine sediments and bladder cancer detection. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2008;100:1401-11 pubmed publisher..939 (95% CI = 0.906 to 0.971; P < .001). Overexpression of AURKA can cause aneuploidy in urothelial cells, and the AURKA gene copy number is a promising biomarker for detection of bladder cancer. ..
- Singh R, Cho Vega J, Davuluri Y, Ma S, Kasbidi F, Milito C, et al. Sonic hedgehog signaling pathway is activated in ALK-positive anaplastic large cell lymphoma. Cancer Res. 2009;69:2550-8 pubmed publisher..There is a positive synergistic effect between the SHH/GLI1 and PI3K/AKT pathways that contributes to the lymphomagenic effect of NPM-ALK. ..
- Chen L, Fulcoli F, Tang S, Baldini A. Tbx1 regulates proliferation and differentiation of multipotent heart progenitors. Circ Res. 2009;105:842-51 pubmed publisher..We propose that Tbx1 is a key regulator of CPC homeostasis as it modulates positively their proliferation and negatively their differentiation. ..
- Fu X, Yucer N, Liu S, Li M, Yi P, Mu J, et al. RFWD3-Mdm2 ubiquitin ligase complex positively regulates p53 stability in response to DNA damage. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:4579-84 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies RFWD3 as a positive regulator of p53 stability when the G(1) cell cycle checkpoint is activated and provides an explanation for how p53 is protected from degradation in the presence of high levels of Mdm2. ..
- Sarkar A, Zhang M, Liu S, Sarkar S, Brunicardi F, Berger D, et al. Serum response factor expression is enriched in pancreatic ? cells and regulates insulin gene expression. FASEB J. 2011;25:2592-603 pubmed publisher..Together, our results demonstrate that SRF is a glucose concentration-sensitive regulator of insulin gene expression. ..
- Almeida M, Nicoloso M, Zeng L, Ivan C, Spizzo R, Gafa R, et al. Strand-specific miR-28-5p and miR-28-3p have distinct effects in colorectal cancer cells. Gastroenterology. 2012;142:886-896.e9 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of each has different effects on CRC cell proliferation and migration. Such information has a direct application for the design of miRNA gene therapy trials. ..
- Baniahmad A, Tsai S, O Malley B, Tsai M. Kindred S thyroid hormone receptor is an active and constitutive silencer and a repressor for thyroid hormone and retinoic acid responses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:10633-7 pubmed..Our findings suggest that silencing plays an important role in the phenotypic expression of the symptoms in patients with GTHR. ..
- Buettner R, Yim S, Hong Y, Boncinelli E, Tainsky M. Alteration of homeobox gene expression by N-ras transformation of PA-1 human teratocarcinoma cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1991;11:3573-83 pubmed..We conclude that stimulation of a putative growth factor signal pathway, associated with ras-induced proliferation, transiently suppresses the induction of transcription factors functionally involved in cell growth and differentiation. ..
- Shawlot W, Siciliano M, Stallings R, Overbeek P. Insertional inactivation of the downless gene in a family of transgenic mice. Mol Biol Med. 1989;6:299-307 pubmed..Genomic probes that are close to or within the downless gene are now available and should permit the characterization of a gene that is involved in induction of a specific type of epithelial morphogenesis. ..
- Ruan K, Wang L, Wu K, Kulmacz R. Amino-terminal topology of thromboxane synthase in the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:19483-90 pubmed..R., and Strobel, H. W. (1988) J. Biol. Chem. 263, 6038-6050), in which the NH2 terminus is oriented toward the cytoplasmic side of the endoplasmic reticulum membrane. ..
- Dineley K, Patrick J. Amino acid determinants of alpha 7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor surface expression. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:13974-85 pubmed..How these surface expression determinants in the alpha7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor might influence synaptic efficacy is discussed. ..
- Mukhopadhyay S, Wyszomierski S, Gronostajski R, Rosen J. Differential interactions of specific nuclear factor I isoforms with the glucocorticoid receptor and STAT5 in the cooperative regulation of WAP gene transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6859-69 pubmed
- Glaunsinger B, Weiss R, Lee S, Javier R. Link of the unique oncogenic properties of adenovirus type 9 E4-ORF1 to a select interaction with the candidate tumor suppressor protein ZO-2. EMBO J. 2001;20:5578-86 pubmed..Our results suggest that the select capacity to complex with the candidate tumor suppressor protein ZO-2 is key to defining the unique transforming and tumorigenic properties of the Ad9 E4-ORF1 oncoprotein. ..
- Huang Z, Li J, Wong J. AR possesses an intrinsic hormone-independent transcriptional activity. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:924-37 pubmed..Altogether, our studies reveal that AR has a capacity to activate transcription in a ligand-independent manner. ..
- Fu X, Tao L, Jin A, Vile R, Brenner M, Zhang X. Expression of a fusogenic membrane glycoprotein by an oncolytic herpes simplex virus potentiates the viral antitumor effect. Mol Ther. 2003;7:748-54 pubmed..It will be of interest to confirm whether functional expression of a strong fusogenic gene by an oncolytic herpes simplex virus enhances viral antitumor activity without increasing its toxicity. ..
- Bu W, Su L. Characterization of functional domains of human EB1 family proteins. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:49721-31 pubmed..We also determined that the EB1 family protein-binding regions are amino acids 2781-2820 and 18-111 of APC and p150glued, respectively. ..
- Jiang F, Caraway N, Li R, Katz R. RNA silencing of S-phase kinase-interacting protein 2 inhibits proliferation and centrosome amplification in lung cancer cells. Oncogene. 2005;24:3409-18 pubmed..These results imply that SKP2 plays an oncogenic role in lung cancer and that SKP2 silencing may be useful in the treatment of lung cancer. ..
- Kong G, Kim H, Wu K, DeNardo D, Hilsenbeck S, Xu X, et al. The retinoid X receptor-selective retinoid, LGD1069, down-regulates cyclooxygenase-2 expression in human breast cells through transcription factor crosstalk: implications for molecular-based chemoprevention. Cancer Res. 2005;65:3462-9 pubmed..Furthermore, such RXR-selective retinoids may be most useful in combination with antiestrogens for more effective prevention of breast cancer in women at high risk of this disease. ..
- Moffatt S, Wiehle S, Cristiano R. A multifunctional PEI-based cationic polyplex for enhanced systemic p53-mediated gene therapy. Gene Ther. 2006;13:1512-23 pubmed
- Celli C, Tran N, Knox R, Jaiswal A. NRH:quinone oxidoreductase 2 (NQO2) catalyzes metabolic activation of quinones and anti-tumor drugs. Biochem Pharmacol. 2006;72:366-76 pubmed..These results concluded that NQO2 plays a significant role in the metabolic activation of both quinones and anti-tumor drugs leading to cytotoxicity and cell death. ..
- Bogatcheva N, Ferlin A, Feng S, Truong A, Gianesello L, Foresta C, et al. T222P mutation of the insulin-like 3 hormone receptor LGR8 is associated with testicular maldescent and hinders receptor expression on the cell surface membrane. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2007;292:E138-44 pubmed..The structural alterations of both LRRs and LDLa of the ligand-binding part of LGR8 cause the inability of receptor to express on the cell surface membrane and might be responsible for the abnormal testicular phenotype in patients. ..
- Zhou H, Pham L, Tamayo A, Lin Lee Y, Fu L, Yoshimura L, et al. Nuclear CD40 interacts with c-Rel and enhances proliferation in aggressive B-cell lymphoma. Blood. 2007;110:2121-7 pubmed..Modulating the nuclear function of CD40 and c-Rel could reveal new mechanisms in LBCL pathophysiology and provide potential new targets for lymphoma therapy. ..
- Yamasaki F, Johansen M, Zhang D, Krishnamurthy S, Felix E, Bartholomeusz C, et al. Acquired resistance to erlotinib in A-431 epidermoid cancer cells requires down-regulation of MMAC1/PTEN and up-regulation of phosphorylated Akt. Cancer Res. 2007;67:5779-88 pubmed..We propose that acquired erlotinib resistance associated with MMAC1/PTEN down-regulation and Akt activation could be overcome by inhibitors of signaling through the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathway. ..
- Rajagopalan L, Greeson J, Xia A, Liu H, Sturm A, Raphael R, et al. Tuning of the outer hair cell motor by membrane cholesterol. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:36659-70 pubmed..These findings indicate that alterations in membrane cholesterol affect prestin function and functionally tune the outer hair cell. ..
- Gray M, van Buren G, Dallas N, Xia L, Wang X, Yang A, et al. Therapeutic targeting of neuropilin-2 on colorectal carcinoma cells implanted in the murine liver. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2008;100:109-20 pubmed publisher..005). NRP2 on colorectal carcinoma cells is important for tumor growth and is a potential therapeutic target in human cancers where it is expressed. ..
- Ni X, Richmond H, Liao X, Decker W, Shiue L, Shpall E, et al. Induction of T-cell responses against cutaneous T-cell lymphomas ex vivo by autologous dendritic cells transfected with amplified tumor mRNA. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:2631-9 pubmed publisher..These data support the concept of using tumor mRNA for a vaccine strategy that requires small amounts of tumor cells without need for specific antigens in patients with SzS. ..
- Li M, Wang X, Li W, Li F, Yang H, Wang H, et al. Somatostatin receptor-1 induces cell cycle arrest and inhibits tumor growth in pancreatic cancer. Cancer Sci. 2008;99:2218-23 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that gene therapy with SSTR-1 may be a potential adjuvant treatment for pancreatic cancer. ..
- Rezvani K, Teng Y, Pan Y, Dani J, Lindstrom J, García Gras E, et al. UBXD4, a UBX-containing protein, regulates the cell surface number and stability of alpha3-containing nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. J Neurosci. 2009;29:6883-96 pubmed publisher..This effect is achieved by controlling the stability of the alpha3 subunit and, consequently, the number of receptors at the cell surface. ..
- Spizzo R, Nicoloso M, Lupini L, Lu Y, Fogarty J, Rossi S, et al. miR-145 participates with TP53 in a death-promoting regulatory loop and targets estrogen receptor-alpha in human breast cancer cells. Cell Death Differ. 2010;17:246-54 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our findings support a view that miR-145 re-expression therapy could be mainly envisioned in the specific group of patients with ER-alpha-positive and/or TP53 wild-type tumors. ..
- Avila H, Wang H, Chauhan S, Hartig S, Boyd D. Accelerated urokinase-receptor protein turnover triggered by interference with the addition of the glycolipid anchor. Biochem J. 2011;434:233-42 pubmed publisher..Thus attenuated u-PAR levels probably reflects accelerated turnover triggered by inefficient addition of the glycolipid moiety. ..
- Yi P, Wang Z, Feng Q, Chou C, Pintilie G, Shen H, et al. Structural and Functional Impacts of ER Coactivator Sequential Recruitment. Mol Cell. 2017;67:733-743.e4 pubmed publisher..This study reveals a structural role for a coactivator sequential recruitment and biochemical process in ER-mediated transcription. ..
- Nakamura T, Sano M, Songyang Z, Schneider M. A Wnt- and beta -catenin-dependent pathway for mammalian cardiac myogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:5834-9 pubmed..Thus, Wntbeta-catenin signaling is activated at the inception of mammalian cardiac myogenesis and is indispensable for cardiac differentiation, at least in this pluripotent model system. ..
- Bethke A, Fielenbach N, Wang Z, Mangelsdorf D, Antebi A. Nuclear hormone receptor regulation of microRNAs controls developmental progression. Science. 2009;324:95-8 pubmed publisher..These findings identify microRNAs as components of a hormone-coupled molecular switch that shuts off earlier developmental programs to allow for later ones. ..
- Hong J, Park J, Lee M, Mu oz W, Miller R, Ji H, et al. Down's-syndrome-related kinase Dyrk1A modulates the p120-catenin-Kaiso trajectory of the Wnt signaling pathway. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:561-9 pubmed publisher..Conceivably, this work might also prove relevant to understanding the contribution of Dyrk1A dosage imbalance in Down's syndrome...
- Zhao J, Ikeguchi M, Eckersberg T, Kuo M. Modulation of multidrug resistance gene expression by dexamethasone in cultured hepatoma cells. Endocrinology. 1993;133:521-8 pubmed..This study demonstrated that the hormonal regulation of mdr gene expression is gene and cell type specific. ..
- Laakso M, Sutton R. Replicative fidelity of lentiviral vectors produced by transient transfection. Virology. 2006;348:406-17 pubmed..These results have implications regarding the fidelity of the transgene after transient transfection production of lentiviral vector supernatants. ..
- Cai Y, Wang J, Li R, Ayala G, Ittmann M, Liu M. GGAP2/PIKE-a directly activates both the Akt and nuclear factor-kappaB pathways and promotes prostate cancer progression. Cancer Res. 2009;69:819-27 pubmed publisher..Thus, increased GGAP2 expression, which is present in three quarters of human prostate cancers, can activate two critical pathways that have been linked to prostate cancer initiation and progression. ..
- Huijun W, Long C, Zhigang Z, Feng J, Muyi G. Ex vivo transfer of the decorin gene into rat glomerulus via a mesangial cell vector suppressed extracellular matrix accumulation in experimental glomerulonephritis. Exp Mol Pathol. 2005;78:17-24 pubmed..05). These results suggest that the use of DCN can decrease antithymocyte serum glomerulonephritis extracellular matrix (ECM) ingredients and that such use offers a favorable experimental basis for gene therapy for kidney disease. ..
- Yokota T, Bui T, Liu Y, Yi M, Hunt K, Keyomarsi K. Differential regulation of elafin in normal and tumor-derived mammary epithelial cells is mediated by CCAAT/enhancer binding protein beta. Cancer Res. 2007;67:11272-83 pubmed
- Yuan J, Chen J. N terminus of CtIP is critical for homologous recombination-mediated double-strand break repair. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:31746-52 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results highlight the importance of the N terminus of CtIP in directing its localization and function in DSB repair. ..
- Cavarretta I, Mukopadhyay R, Lonard D, Cowsert L, Bennett C, O Malley B, et al. Reduction of coactivator expression by antisense oligodeoxynucleotides inhibits ERalpha transcriptional activity and MCF-7 proliferation. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:253-70 pubmed