Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transcription factors in Houston, Texas, United States
Locale: Houston, Texas, United States
Topic: transcription factors
Publications338 found, 100 shown here
- Beckstead R, Ner S, Hales K, Grigliatti T, Baker B, Bellen H. Bonus, a Drosophila TIF1 homolog, is a chromatin-associated protein that acts as a modifier of position-effect variegation. Genetics. 2005;169:783-94 pubmed
- Fuller G, Su X, Price R, Cohen Z, Lang F, Sawaya R, et al. Many human medulloblastoma tumors overexpress repressor element-1 silencing transcription (REST)/neuron-restrictive silencer factor, which can be functionally countered by REST-VP16. Mol Cancer Ther. 2005;4:343-9 pubmed
- Libert S, Chao Y, Chu X, Pletcher S. Trade-offs between longevity and pathogen resistance in Drosophila melanogaster are mediated by NFkappaB signaling. Aging Cell. 2006;5:533-43 pubmed..These phenotypes are dependent on the NFkappaB-related transcriptional factor, Relish, and they establish a mechanistic basis for a link between immunity, inflammation, and longevity. ..
- Lennon P, Abruzzo L, Medeiros L, Cromwell C, Zhang X, Yin C, et al. Aberrant EVI1 expression in acute myeloid leukemias associated with the t(3;8)(q26;q24). Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2007;177:37-42 pubmed..Western blot analysis detected EVI1 in one case analyzed. We conclude that the t(3;8)(q26;q24) results in deregulated EVI1 expression, similar to other balanced or unbalanced chromosomal translocations involving chromosome 3q26. ..
- Strom S, Estey E, Outschoorn U, Garcia Manero G. Acute myeloid leukemia outcome: role of nucleotide excision repair polymorphisms in intermediate risk patients. Leuk Lymphoma. 2010;51:598-605 pubmed publisher..No associations were observed for disease-free survival. This combined genotype may modulate treatment effect, decreasing overall survival. These findings could in the future help select treatments for patients with normal cytogenetics. ..
- Agarwal N, Qu C, Kunkalla K, Kunkulla K, Liu Y, Vega F. Transcriptional regulation of serine/threonine protein kinase (AKT) genes by glioma-associated oncogene homolog 1. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:15390-401 pubmed publisher..In summary, we demonstrated the existence of a novel cross-talk at the transcriptional level between Hedgehog signaling and AKT with biological significance in DLBCL. ..
- Lopez A, Chen J, Joo H, Drake M, Shidate M, Kseib C, et al. DAF-2 and ERK couple nutrient availability to meiotic progression during Caenorhabditis elegans oogenesis. Dev Cell. 2013;27:227-240 pubmed publisher..elegans, ensuring that oocytes are only produced under conditions favorable for the survival of the resulting zygotes. ..
- Bian K, Muppani N, Elkhadragy L, Wang W, Zhang C, Chen T, et al. ERK3 regulates TDP2-mediated DNA damage response and chemoresistance in lung cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2016;7:6665-75 pubmed publisher..As such, our study revealed a post-translational regulation of TDP2 activity and discovered a new role of ERK3 in increasing cancer cells' DNA damage response and chemoresistance to Top2 inhibitors. ..
- Power R, Mani S, Codina J, Conneely O, O Malley B. Dopaminergic and ligand-independent activation of steroid hormone receptors. Science. 1991;254:1636-9 pubmed..Dual activation by progesterone and dopamine was dissociable, and a serine residue in the cPR was identified that is not necessary for progesterone-dependent activation of cPR, but is essential for dopamine activation of this receptor. ..
- Yamada T, Gierach K, Lee P, Wang X, Lacorazza H. Cutting edge: Expression of the transcription factor E74-like factor 4 is regulated by the mammalian target of rapamycin pathway in CD8+ T cells. J Immunol. 2010;185:3824-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that rapamycin could be used to modulate expression of this transcriptional network involved in cell-cycle regulation. ..
- Sung B, Prasad S, Yadav V, Aggarwal B. Cancer cell signaling pathways targeted by spice-derived nutraceuticals. Nutr Cancer. 2012;64:173-97 pubmed publisher..Although they have always been used to improve taste and color and as a preservative, they are now also used for prevention and treatment of a wide variety of chronic inflammatory diseases, including cancer. ..
- Chen X, Iliopoulos D, Zhang Q, Tang Q, Greenblatt M, Hatziapostolou M, et al. XBP1 promotes triple-negative breast cancer by controlling the HIF1? pathway. Nature. 2014;508:103-107 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a key function for the XBP1 branch of the UPR in TNBC and indicate that targeting this pathway may offer alternative treatment strategies for this aggressive subtype of breast cancer. ..
- Lin Q, Luo X, Sawadogo M. Archaic structure of the gene encoding transcription factor USF. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:23894-903 pubmed..Transient cotransfection assays revealed that the presence or absence of the amino acid sequences encoded by exon 4 affects considerably the transcription activation properties of the USF2 protein. ..
- Sinha S, Maity S, Lu J, de Crombrugghe B. Recombinant rat CBF-C, the third subunit of CBF/NFY, allows formation of a protein-DNA complex with CBF-A and CBF-B and with yeast HAP2 and HAP3. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:1624-8 pubmed..Our results indicate that CBF is a unique evolutionarily conserved DNA binding protein. ..
- Zhuchenko O, Wehnert M, Bailey J, Sun Z, Lee C. Isolation, mapping, and genomic structure of an X-linked gene for a subunit of human mitochondrial complex I. Genomics. 1996;37:281-8 pubmed
- Chuang C, Wikramanayake A, Mao C, Li X, Klein W. Transient appearance of Strongylocentrotus purpuratus Otx in micromere nuclei: cytoplasmic retention of SpOtx possibly mediated through an alpha-actinin interaction. Dev Genet. 1996;19:231-7 pubmed..The transient appearance of SpOtx in micromere nuclei may be associated with the specification of micromere cell fate. ..
- Meller V, Wu K, Roman G, Kuroda M, Davis R. roX1 RNA paints the X chromosome of male Drosophila and is regulated by the dosage compensation system. Cell. 1997;88:445-57 pubmed..The novel regulation and subnuclear localization of roX1 RNAs makes them candidates for an RNA component of the dosage compensation machinery. ..
- Saucedo Cardenas O, Quintana Hau J, Le W, Smidt M, Cox J, De Mayo F, et al. Nurr1 is essential for the induction of the dopaminergic phenotype and the survival of ventral mesencephalic late dopaminergic precursor neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:4013-8 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that Nurr1 is essential for both survival and final differentiation of ventral mesencephalic late dopaminergic precursor neurons into a complete dopaminergic phenotype. ..
- Sutton K, Maiti S, Tribley W, Lindsey J, Meistrich M, Bucana C, et al. Androgen regulation of the Pem homeodomain gene in mice and rat Sertoli and epididymal cells. J Androl. 1998;19:21-30 pubmed..We conclude that Pem gene expression in Sertoli cells requires other cell types or cellular factors in addition to androgen. ..
- Dreyer S, Zhou G, Baldini A, Winterpacht A, Zabel B, Cole W, et al. Mutations in LMX1B cause abnormal skeletal patterning and renal dysplasia in nail patella syndrome. Nat Genet. 1998;19:47-50 pubmed..Furthermore, we provide evidence for the first described mutations in a LIM-homeodomain protein which account for an inherited form of abnormal skeletal patterning and renal failure...
- Copps K, Richman R, Lyman L, Chang K, Rampersad Ammons J, Kuroda M. Complex formation by the Drosophila MSL proteins: role of the MSL2 RING finger in protein complex assembly. EMBO J. 1998;17:5409-17 pubmed publisher..Our data support a model in which MSL2-MSL1 interaction nucleates assembly of an MSL complex, with which MLE is weakly or transiently associated...
- Reinke V, Bortner D, Amelse L, Lundgren K, Rosenberg M, Finlay C, et al. Overproduction of MDM2 in vivo disrupts S phase independent of E2F1. Cell Growth Differ. 1999;10:147-54 pubmed..Thus, increased expression or absence of E2F1 does not affect the ability of MDM2 to disrupt the cell cycle. ..
- Carrel T, Purandare S, Harrison W, Elder F, Fox T, Casey B, et al. The X-linked mouse mutation Bent tail is associated with a deletion of the Zic3 locus. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:1937-42 pubmed..The presence of anal and spinal abnormalities in some of the human patients and the deletion of Zic3 in BN: mice support a key role for this gene in neural tube development and closure. ..
- Bi W, Huang W, Whitworth D, Deng J, Zhang Z, Behringer R, et al. Haploinsufficiency of Sox9 results in defective cartilage primordia and premature skeletal mineralization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:6698-703 pubmed..First, an early step presumably at the stage of mesenchymal condensation of cartilage primordia, and second, a later step preceding the transition of chondrocytes into hypertrophic chondrocytes...
- Peleg S, Ismail A, Uskokovic M, Avnur Z. Evidence for tissue- and cell-type selective activation of the vitamin D receptor by Ro-26-9228, a noncalcemic analog of vitamin D3. J Cell Biochem. 2003;88:267-73 pubmed..These results suggest that the cellular environment of intestinal cells, unlike that of osteoblasts, represses the ability of VDR-Ro-26-9228 complexes to interact with transcription partners. ..
- Bigelow R, Chari N, Unden A, Spurgers K, Lee S, Roop D, et al. Transcriptional regulation of bcl-2 mediated by the sonic hedgehog signaling pathway through gli-1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:1197-205 pubmed..These studies further suggest that one consequence of the deregulation of shh signaling in BCC is the up-regulation of bcl-2. ..
- Thompson C, Fu Q, Buhay C, Kay R, Shaulsky G. A bZIP/bRLZ transcription factor required for DIF signaling in Dictyostelium. Development. 2004;131:513-23 pubmed..These results suggest that dimA encodes the key transcriptional regulator required to integrate DIF-1 signaling and subsequent patterning in Dictyostelium. ..
- Sankaranarayanan K, Jaiswal A. Nrf3 negatively regulates antioxidant-response element-mediated expression and antioxidant induction of NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase1 gene. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:50810-7 pubmed..These results combined suggest that Nrf3 is a negative regulator of ARE-mediated gene expression. ..
- You L, Lin F, Lee C, DeMayo F, Tsai M, Tsai S. Suppression of Notch signalling by the COUP-TFII transcription factor regulates vein identity. Nature. 2005;435:98-104 pubmed..Thus, COUP-TFII has a critical role in repressing Notch signalling to maintain vein identity, which suggests that vein identity is under genetic control and is not derived by a default pathway. ..
- Han S, DeMayo F, Xu J, Tsai S, Tsai M, O Malley B. Steroid receptor coactivator (SRC)-1 and SRC-3 differentially modulate tissue-specific activation functions of the progesterone receptor. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:45-55 pubmed..SRC-3 is the primary coactivator for PR in breast and SRC-1 is the primary coactivator for PR in uterus. ..
- Han J, Oh S, Morgillo F, Myers J, Kim E, Hong W, et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha and antiangiogenic activity of farnesyltransferase inhibitor SCH66336 in human aerodigestive tract cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005;97:1272-86 pubmed
- Ma K, Saha P, Chan L, Moore D. Farnesoid X receptor is essential for normal glucose homeostasis. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:1102-9 pubmed..Taken together, our results identify a link between lipid and glucose metabolism mediated by the FXR-SHP cascade. ..
- Huang K, Ferrin O Connell I, Zhang W, Leonard G, O Shea E, Quiocho F. Structure of the Pho85-Pho80 CDK-cyclin complex of the phosphate-responsive signal transduction pathway. Mol Cell. 2007;28:614-23 pubmed..It further showed two sites on the Pho80 cyclin for high-affinity binding of the transcription factor substrate (Pho4) and the CDK inhibitor (Pho81) that are markedly distant to each other and the active site. ..
- Cooper T, Remold S, Lenski R, Schneider D. Expression profiles reveal parallel evolution of epistatic interactions involving the CRP regulon in Escherichia coli. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e35 pubmed publisher..More generally, we demonstrate that expression profiles can be profitably used to investigate epistatic interactions. ..
- Joshi K, Lee S, Lee B, Lee J, Lee S. LMO4 controls the balance between excitatory and inhibitory spinal V2 interneurons. Neuron. 2009;61:839-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, LMO4 plays essential roles in directing a balanced generation of inhibitory and excitatory neurons in the ventral spinal cord. ..
- Han S, O Malley B, DeMayo F. An estrogen receptor alpha activity indicator model in mice. Genesis. 2009;47:815-24 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the ERAAI mouse represents a novel animal model to investigate dynamic ERalpha activity in vivo. ..
- Liu S, Chu J, Yucer N, Leng M, Wang S, Chen B, et al. RING finger and WD repeat domain 3 (RFWD3) associates with replication protein A (RPA) and facilitates RPA-mediated DNA damage response. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:22314-22 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that RFWD3 is recruited to sites of DNA damage and facilitates RPA-mediated DNA damage signaling and repair. ..
- Gu P, Xu X, Le Menuet D, Chung A, Cooney A. Differential recruitment of methyl CpG-binding domain factors and DNA methyltransferases by the orphan receptor germ cell nuclear factor initiates the repression and silencing of Oct4. Stem Cells. 2011;29:1041-51 pubmed publisher..GCNF initiates the repression and epigenetic modification of Oct4 gene during ESC differentiation. ..
- Molkentin J, Black B, Martin J, Olson E. Cooperative activation of muscle gene expression by MEF2 and myogenic bHLH proteins. Cell. 1995;83:1125-36 pubmed
- Tang H, Chao L, Saunders G. Functional analysis of paired box missense mutations in the PAX6 gene. Hum Mol Genet. 1997;6:381-6 pubmed..Our data support the haploid-insufficiency hypothesis of aniridia, and the hypothesis that R26G is a hypomorphic allele. ..
- Lyman L, Copps K, Rastelli L, Kelley R, Kuroda M. Drosophila male-specific lethal-2 protein: structure/function analysis and dependence on MSL-1 for chromosome association. Genetics. 1997;147:1743-53 pubmed..The mutations, including those in conserved zinc coordinating cysteines, confirm that the RING finger is essential for MSL-2 function, while suggesting a less stringent requirement for an intact second motif. ..
- Thirunavukkarasu K, Mahajan M, McLarren K, Stifani S, Karsenty G. Two domains unique to osteoblast-specific transcription factor Osf2/Cbfa1 contribute to its transactivation function and its inability to heterodimerize with Cbfbeta. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:4197-208 pubmed..Thus, our results uncover the unique functional organization of Osf2 by identifying functional domains not shared with other Runt-related proteins that largely control its transactivation and heterodimerization abilities. ..
- Bermingham N, Hassan B, Price S, Vollrath M, Ben Arie N, Eatock R, et al. Math1: an essential gene for the generation of inner ear hair cells. Science. 1999;284:1837-41 pubmed..Embryonic Math1-null mice failed to generate cochlear and vestibular hair cells. This gene is thus required for the genesis of hair cells...
- Huss W, Hanrahan C, Barrios R, Simons J, Greenberg N. Angiogenesis and prostate cancer: identification of a molecular progression switch. Cancer Res. 2001;61:2736-43 pubmed
- Whitworth D, Pask A, Shaw G, Marshall Graves J, Behringer R, Renfree M. Characterization of steroidogenic factor 1 during sexual differentiation in a marsupial. Gene. 2001;277:209-19 pubmed..Thus, although the structure of tammar SF1 is divergent from that of eutherians, its expression profile is similar, supporting a conserved role in gonadal development and steroidogenesis. ..
- Boerkoel C, Takashima H, Garcia C, Olney R, Johnson J, Berry K, et al. Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease and related neuropathies: mutation distribution and genotype-phenotype correlation. Ann Neurol. 2002;51:190-201 pubmed
- Wen H, Xia Y, Young M, Taegtmeyer H, Kellems R. The adenylosuccinate synthetase-1 gene is activated in the hypertrophied heart. J Cell Mol Med. 2002;6:235-43 pubmed..We propose that ADSS1 plays a role in the development of cardiac hypertrophy through its function in adenine nucleotide biosynthesis. ..
- Lu X, Harris C, Cooley L, Margolin J, Steuber P, Sheldon M, et al. The utility of spectral karyotyping in the cytogenetic analysis of newly diagnosed pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leukemia. 2002;16:2222-7 pubmed..These studies demonstrate the utility of using SKY in combination with G-banding and FISH to augment the precision with which chromosomal aberrations may be identified in tumor cells. ..
- Frese K, Lee S, Thomas D, Latorre I, Weiss R, Glaunsinger B, et al. Selective PDZ protein-dependent stimulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase by the adenovirus E4-ORF1 oncoprotein. Oncogene. 2003;22:710-21 pubmed..From these results, we propose that the transforming and tumorigenic potentials of the adenovirus E4-ORF1 oncoprotein depend on its capacity to activate PI3K through a novel PDZ protein-dependent mechanism of action. ..
- Das P, Hai M, Elcock C, Leal S, Brown D, Brook A, et al. Novel missense mutations and a 288-bp exonic insertion in PAX9 in families with autosomal dominant hypodontia. Am J Med Genet A. 2003;118A:35-42 pubmed..These studies extend the spectrum of mutations in PAX9 associated with hypodontia to include heretofore undescribed categories, including missense mutations. ..
- Stoeltzing O, Liu W, Reinmuth N, Fan F, Parikh A, Bucana C, et al. Regulation of hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha, vascular endothelial growth factor, and angiogenesis by an insulin-like growth factor-I receptor autocrine loop in human pancreatic cancer. Am J Pathol. 2003;163:1001-11 pubmed..02). Our results suggest that autocrine activation of the IGF-IR system significantly affects VEGF expression and angiogenesis in human pancreatic cancer. Thus, IGF-IR may be a valid target in the treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Chang Y, Wang L, Suh Y, Mao L, Karpen S, Khuri F, et al. Mechanisms underlying lack of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 expression in non-small-cell lung cancer. Oncogene. 2004;23:6569-80 pubmed..Thus interference with Sp-1 transactivation by MeCP2 may contribute to the transcriptional defect of IGFBP-3 expression in NSCLC cells with methylated promoter. ..
- Tang L, Wlodarczyk B, Santillano D, Miranda R, Finnell R. Developmental consequences of abnormal folate transport during murine heart morphogenesis. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2004;70:449-58 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate for the first time a prominent role of the Folbp1 gene in mediating susceptibility to heart defects. ..
- Melnikova V, Mourad Zeidan A, Lev D, Bar Eli M. Platelet-activating factor mediates MMP-2 expression and activation via phosphorylation of cAMP-response element-binding protein and contributes to melanoma metastasis. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:2911-22 pubmed..We proposed that metastatic melanoma cells overexpressing CREB/ATF-1 are better equipped than nonmetastatic cells to respond to PAF within the tumor microenvironment. ..
- Lee Y, Moore D. Liver receptor homolog-1, an emerging metabolic modulator. Front Biosci. 2008;13:5950-8 pubmed..This intriguing discovery raises the possibility of an unexpected new class of nuclear receptor signaling molecules, but the broader functional roles of LRH-1 and these new ligands remain to be established. ..
- Jones D, Luthra R, Cortes J, Thomas D, O Brien S, Bueso Ramos C, et al. BCR-ABL fusion transcript types and levels and their interaction with secondary genetic changes in determining the phenotype of Philadelphia chromosome-positive leukemias. Blood. 2008;112:5190-2 pubmed publisher..Therefore, higher kinase activity by mutation, transcriptional up-regulation or gene amplification appears required for lymphoid transformation by p210 BCR-ABL. ..
- Boulbes D, Chen C, Shaikenov T, Agarwal N, Peterson T, Addona T, et al. Rictor phosphorylation on the Thr-1135 site does not require mammalian target of rapamycin complex 2. Mol Cancer Res. 2010;8:896-906 pubmed publisher..We found that this rictor phosphorylation takes place in the mTORC2-deficient cells, suggesting that this modification might play a role in the regulation of not only mTORC2 but also the mTORC2-independent function of rictor. ..
- Nurieva R, Podd A, Chen Y, Alekseev A, Yu M, Qi X, et al. STAT5 protein negatively regulates T follicular helper (Tfh) cell generation and function. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:11234-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study demonstrates that STAT5 controls Tfh differentiation. ..
- Yamazaki J, Taby R, Vasanthakumar A, Macrae T, Ostler K, Shen L, et al. Effects of TET2 mutations on DNA methylation in chronic myelomonocytic leukemia. Epigenetics. 2012;7:201-7 pubmed publisher..0% and 9.8%, respectively) (p = 0.016). Thus, TET2 mutations affect global methylation in CMML but most of the changes are likely to be outside gene promoters. ..
- Long W, Foulds C, Liu J, Ding C, Lonard D, Solis L, et al. ERK3 signals through SRC-3 coactivator to promote human lung cancer cell invasion. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:1869-80 pubmed publisher..As such, ERK3 protein kinase may be an attractive target for therapeutic treatment of invasive lung cancer. ..
- Cassidy J, Jha A, Posadas D, Giri R, Venken K, Ji J, et al. miR-9a minimizes the phenotypic impact of genomic diversity by buffering a transcription factor. Cell. 2013;155:1556-67 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that microRNA-target interactions may be a key mechanism by which the impact of genomic diversity on cell behavior is dampened...
- Fan Y, Mao R, Yu Y, Liu S, Shi Z, Cheng J, et al. USP21 negatively regulates antiviral response by acting as a RIG-I deubiquitinase. J Exp Med. 2014;211:313-28 pubmed publisher..Our studies identify a previously unrecognized role for USP21 in the negative regulation of antiviral response through deubiquitinating RIG-I. ..
- Wang J, Bai Y, Li N, Ye W, Zhang M, Greene S, et al. Pitx2-microRNA pathway that delimits sinoatrial node development and inhibits predisposition to atrial fibrillation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:9181-6 pubmed publisher..Together, to our knowledge, these findings provide the first genetic evidence for an miR loss-of-function that increases atrial fibrillation susceptibility. ..
- Shieh S, Stellrecht C, Tsai M. Molecular characterization of the rat insulin enhancer-binding complex 3b2. Cloning of a binding factor with putative helicase motifs. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:21503-8 pubmed..Overexpression of Rip-1 in cells greatly enhances the 3b2 binding complex, suggesting that Rip-1 is involved in the binding of 3b2. ..
- Spencer T, Jenster G, Burcin M, Allis C, Zhou J, Mizzen C, et al. Steroid receptor coactivator-1 is a histone acetyltransferase. Nature. 1997;389:194-8 pubmed
- Xu Z, Saunders G. PAX6 intronic sequence targets expression to the spinal cord. Dev Genet. 1998;23:259-63 pubmed..These studies also suggested that PAX6 was not only conserved at the functional level, but at the transcriptional level as well. ..
- Carson J, Fillmore R, Schwartz R, Zimmer W. The smooth muscle gamma-actin gene promoter is a molecular target for the mouse bagpipe homologue, mNkx3-1, and serum response factor. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:39061-72 pubmed..Thus, SMGA is a novel target for Nkx3-1, and the activity of Nkx3-1 on the SMGA promoter is dependent upon SRF. ..
- Hossain A, Saunders G. The human sex-determining gene SRY is a direct target of WT1. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:16817-23 pubmed
- Young M, Guthrie P, Razeghi P, Leighton B, Abbasi S, Patil S, et al. Impaired long-chain fatty acid oxidation and contractile dysfunction in the obese Zucker rat heart. Diabetes. 2002;51:2587-95 pubmed..Thus, the heart's inability to increase fatty acid oxidation in proportion to increased fatty acid availability is associated with lipid accumulation and contractile dysfunction of the obese Zucker rat. ..
- Yang J, Hu G, Wang S, Li Y, Martin R, Li K, et al. Calcineurin/nuclear factors of activated T cells (NFAT)-activating and immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motif (ITAM)-containing protein (CNAIP), a novel ITAM-containing protein that activates the calcineurin/NFAT-signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:16797-801 pubmed..Thus, it is concluded that CNAIP is a novel ITAM-containing protein that activates the calcineurin/NFAT-signaling pathway and the downstream cytokine gene promoters. ..
- Sriraman V, Richards J. Cathepsin L gene expression and promoter activation in rodent granulosa cells. Endocrinology. 2004;145:582-91 pubmed
- Mark M, Yoshida Komiya H, Gehin M, Liao L, Tsai M, O Malley B, et al. Partially redundant functions of SRC-1 and TIF2 in postnatal survival and male reproduction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:4453-8 pubmed
- Phan D, Cheng C, Galfione M, Vakar Lopez F, Tunstead J, Thompson N, et al. Identification of Sp2 as a transcriptional repressor of carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 1 in tumorigenesis. Cancer Res. 2004;64:3072-8 pubmed..Our studies show that transcriptional repression by Sp2 represents one mechanism by which CEACAM1 tumor suppressor gene is down-regulated in prostate cancer. ..
- Klann E, Antion M, Banko J, Hou L. Synaptic plasticity and translation initiation. Learn Mem. 2004;11:365-72 pubmed
- Kim S, Park J, Spring C, Sater A, Ji H, Otchere A, et al. Non-canonical Wnt signals are modulated by the Kaiso transcriptional repressor and p120-catenin. Nat Cell Biol. 2004;6:1212-20 pubmed..Our results indicate that p120-catenin and Kaiso are essential components of a new developmental gene regulatory pathway that controls vertebrate morphogenesis. ..
- Ogawa T, Kapadia H, Wang B, D Souza R. Studies on Pax9-Msx1 protein interactions. Arch Oral Biol. 2005;50:141-5 pubmed..Our biochemical data, coupled with human genetic studies and expression analysis in a mouse model, indicate a functional relationship between Pax9 and Msx1 during tooth development. ..
- Zhang K, Lin W, Latham J, Riefler G, Schumacher J, Chan C, et al. The Set1 methyltransferase opposes Ipl1 aurora kinase functions in chromosome segregation. Cell. 2005;122:723-34 pubmed..Moreover, our findings suggest that antagonism between lysine methylation and serine phosphorylation is a fundamental mechanism for controlling protein function. ..
- Song H, Smolen P, Av Ron E, Baxter D, Byrne J. Bifurcation and singularity analysis of a molecular network for the induction of long-term memory. Biophys J. 2006;90:2309-25 pubmed..Rational drug design, to affect complex processes such as memory formation, can benefit from this type of analysis. ..
- Yu W, Zheng H, Houl J, Dauwalder B, Hardin P. PER-dependent rhythms in CLK phosphorylation and E-box binding regulate circadian transcription. Genes Dev. 2006;20:723-33 pubmed
- Lamothe B, Besse A, Campos A, Webster W, Wu H, Darnay B. Site-specific Lys-63-linked tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor 6 auto-ubiquitination is a critical determinant of I kappa B kinase activation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:4102-12 pubmed..These data establish a signaling cascade in which regulated site-specific Lys-63-linked TRAF6 auto-ubiquitination is the critical upstream mediator of IKK. ..
- Sano M, Izumi Y, Helenius K, Asakura M, Rossi D, Xie M, et al. Ménage-à-trois 1 is critical for the transcriptional function of PPARgamma coactivator 1. Cell Metab. 2007;5:129-42 pubmed..PGC-1 bound to both MAT1 and Cdk7 in coprecipitation assays. Thus, we demonstrate a requirement for MAT1 in the operation of PGC-1 coactivators that control cell metabolism. ..
- Chavez V, Mohri Shiomi A, Maadani A, Vega L, Garsin D. Oxidative stress enzymes are required for DAF-16-mediated immunity due to generation of reactive oxygen species by Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2007;176:1567-77 pubmed..Because insulin-signaling mutants overproduce oxidative stress response enzymes, the model provides an explanation for their increased resistance to pathogens. ..
- Yasumoto H, Meng L, Lin T, Zhu Q, Tsai R. GNL3L inhibits activity of estrogen-related receptor gamma by competing for coactivator binding. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:2532-43 pubmed..This work reveals a novel mechanism that negatively regulates the transcriptional function of ERRgamma by GNL3L through coactivator competition. ..
- Williams M, Roberts D, Blumenschein G, Temam S, Kies M, Rosenthal D, et al. Differential expression of hormonal and growth factor receptors in salivary duct carcinomas: biologic significance and potential role in therapeutic stratification of patients. Am J Surg Pathol. 2007;31:1645-52 pubmed
- Cao Y, Liu X, Zhang W, Deng X, Zhang H, Liu Y, et al. TGF-beta repression of Id2 induces apoptosis in gut epithelial cells. Oncogene. 2009;28:1089-98 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, knockdown of HIF-1 blocked TGF-beta-induced apoptosis. Thus, we have identified HIF-1 as a novel mediator downstream of Id2 in the pathway of TGF-beta-induced apoptosis. ..
- Zou C, Smith K, Zhu Q, Liu J, McCutcheon I, Slopis J, et al. Dual targeting of AKT and mammalian target of rapamycin: a potential therapeutic approach for malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009;8:1157-68 pubmed publisher..PI-103 did not elicit apoptosis but significantly induced autophagy in MPNST cells. These results suggest further study of combined PI3K/AKT and mTOR inhibition as a novel therapy for patients harboring MPNST...
- Sinha K, Yasuda H, Coombes M, Dent S, de Crombrugghe B. Regulation of the osteoblast-specific transcription factor Osterix by NO66, a Jumonji family histone demethylase. EMBO J. 2010;29:68-79 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that interactions between NO66 and Osx regulate Osx-target genes in osteoblasts by modulating histone methylation states. ..