Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on tetradecanoylphorbol acetate in Houston, Texas, United States
Locale: Houston, Texas, United States
Topic: tetradecanoylphorbol acetate
- Bhattacharya A, Lakka S, Mohanam S, Boyd D, Rao J. Regulation of the urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor gene in different grades of human glioma cell lines. Clin Cancer Res. 2001;7:267-76 pubmed..We conclude from our findings that increased transcription is the more likely mechanism underlying the increase in uPAR production in high-grade gliomas. ..
- Ma W, Xia C, Ling P, Qiu M, Luo Y, Tan T, et al. Leukocyte-specific adaptor protein Grap2 interacts with hematopoietic progenitor kinase 1 (HPK1) to activate JNK signaling pathway in T lymphocytes. Oncogene. 2001;20:1703-14 pubmed..Therefore, our data suggest that the hematopoietic specific proteins Grap2 and HPK1 form a signaling complex to mediate the c-Jun NH(2)-terminal kinase (JNK) signaling pathway in T cells. ..
- Elberg G, Hipkin R, Schonbrunn A. Homologous and heterologous regulation of somatostatin receptor 2. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:2502-14 pubmed..In addition, the heterologous hormones also modulate sst2 receptor internalization by a novel mechanism that is independent of receptor phosphorylation. ..
- Goicoechea S, Garcia Mata R, Staub J, Valdivia A, Sharek L, McCulloch C, et al. Palladin promotes invasion of pancreatic cancer cells by enhancing invadopodia formation in cancer-associated fibroblasts. Oncogene. 2014;33:1265-73 pubmed publisher..Together, these results identify a novel molecular signaling pathway that may provide new molecular targets for the inhibition of pancreatic cancer metastasis. ..
- Gao X, Wu L, O Neil R. Temperature-modulated diversity of TRPV4 channel gating: activation by physical stresses and phorbol ester derivatives through protein kinase C-dependent and -independent pathways. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:27129-37 pubmed..The convergence of multiple signals and transduction pathways on the same channel indicate that the channel functions as a molecular integrator of microenvironmental chemical and physical signals...
- Guan B, Yue P, Lotan R, Sun S. Evidence that the human death receptor 4 is regulated by activator protein 1. Oncogene. 2002;21:3121-9 pubmed..Therefore, our findings may increase the understanding of the mechanisms underlying AP-1-mediated apoptosis as well as drug-induced apoptosis. ..
- Natraj U, Richards J. Hormonal regulation, localization, and functional activity of the progesterone receptor in granulosa cells of rat preovulatory follicles. Endocrinology. 1993;133:761-9 pubmed
- Saunders M, Sansores Garcia L, Gilroy D, Wu K. Selective suppression of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta binding and cyclooxygenase-2 promoter activity by sodium salicylate in quiescent human fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:18897-904 pubmed..These findings have a major impact on the conceptual understanding of the mechanism of action of salicylates and on new drug discovery and design. ..
- Sharma S, Richards J. Regulation of AP1 (Jun/Fos) factor expression and activation in ovarian granulosa cells. Relation of JunD and Fra2 to terminal differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:33718-28 pubmed
- Wang X, Greenhalgh D, Donehower L, Roop D. Cooperation between Ha-ras and fos or transforming growth factor alpha overcomes a paradoxic tumor-inhibitory effect of p53 loss in transgenic mouse epidermis. Mol Carcinog. 2000;29:67-75 pubmed..Because neither spontaneous nor TPA-elicited papillomas in p53(-/-) mice progressed to malignancy, additional genetic insults appear to be required for malignant progression. ..
- Shin M, Yan C, Boyd D. An inhibitor of c-jun aminoterminal kinase (SP600125) represses c-Jun activation, DNA-binding and PMA-inducible 92-kDa type IV collagenase expression. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1589:311-6 pubmed..These findings indicate the efficacy of SP600125 in inhibiting c-Jun activation, DNA-binding and the PMA-dependent induction of MMP-9 expression. ..
- Bhave G, Hu H, Glauner K, Zhu W, Wang H, Brasier D, et al. Protein kinase C phosphorylation sensitizes but does not activate the capsaicin receptor transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:12480-5 pubmed..Furthermore, modulation of the TRPV1 function by PKC appears to involve distinct phosphorylation sites depending on the mechanism of channel activation. ..
- Russell D, Doyle K, Gonzales Robayna I, Pipaon C, Richards J. Egr-1 induction in rat granulosa cells by follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone: combinatorial regulation by transcription factors cyclic adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate regulatory element binding protein, serum response factor, sp1, and. Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:520-33 pubmed..These observations indicate that the Egr-1 gene is a target of both FSH and LH action that may mediate molecular programs of proliferation and/or differentiation during follicle growth, ovulation, and luteinization. ..
- Mandyam C, Thakker D, Christensen J, Standifer K. Orphanin FQ/nociceptin-mediated desensitization of opioid receptor-like 1 receptor and mu opioid receptors involves protein kinase C: a molecular mechanism for heterologous cross-talk. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2002;302:502-9 pubmed..Our results demonstrate for the first time the involvement of conventional PKC isozymes in OFQ/N-induced mu-ORL1 cross-talk, and represent a possible mechanism for OFQ/N-induced anti-opioid actions. ..
- Yan C, Wang H, Boyd D. KiSS-1 represses 92-kDa type IV collagenase expression by down-regulating NF-kappa B binding to the promoter as a consequence of Ikappa Balpha -induced block of p65/p50 nuclear translocation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:1164-72 pubmed..Thus, KiSS-1 diminishes MMP-9 expression by effecting reduced NF-kappaB binding to the promoter. ..
- Liou J, Deng W, Gilroy D, Shyue S, Wu K. Colocalization and interaction of cyclooxygenase-2 with caveolin-1 in human fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:34975-82 pubmed..Because caveolae are rich in signaling molecules, this COX-2 compartment may play an important role in diverse pathophysiological processes. ..
- Grindel B, Rohe B, Safford S, Bennett J, Farach Carson M. Tumor necrosis factor-Î± treatment of HepG2 cells mobilizes a cytoplasmic pool of ERp57/1,25Dâ‚ƒ-MARRS to the nucleus. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:2606-15 pubmed publisher..Immunostaining for both ERp57-GFP and p65 after TNF-Î± treatment indicated that nuclear translocation of these two proteins occurs independently in HepG2 cells. ..
- Du M, Sansores Garcia L, Zu Z, Wu K. Cloning and expression analysis of a novel salicylate suppressible gene, Hs-CUL-3, a member of cullin/Cdc53 family. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:24289-92 pubmed..Hs-CUL-3 widely expressed in human tissues and its expression in cultured COLO205 colon cancer cells was increased when compared with that in normal colon cells. It is likely that Hs-CUL-3 is involved in cell proliferation control. ..
- Wang X, Liefer K, Tsai S, O Malley B, Roop D. Development of gene-switch transgenic mice that inducibly express transforming growth factor beta1 in the epidermis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:8483-8 pubmed..Given that the TGFbeta1 transgene can affect both the epidermis and dermis, this transgenic model will provide a useful tool for studying roles of TGFbeta1 in wound-healing and skin carcinogenesis in the future. ..
- Wang X, Liefer K, Greenhalgh D, Roop D. 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate promotion of transgenic mouse epidermis coexpressing transforming growth factor-alpha and v-fos: acceleration of autonomous papilloma formation and malignant conversion via c-Ha-ras activation. Mol Carcinog. 1999;26:305-11 pubmed..However, in this transgenic model conversion always required additional genetic events, e.g., activation of the endogenous c-Ha-ras gene. ..
- Tahara E, Kadara H, Lacroix L, Lotan D, Lotan R. Activation of protein kinase C by phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate suppresses the growth of lung cancer cells through KLF6 induction. Cancer Biol Ther. 2009;8:801-7 pubmed..Our results demonstrate the induction of the tumor suppressor KLF6 following PKC activation and its importance for PMA-mediated cancer cell growth arrest. ..
- Ward P, Mendoza Meneses M, Park P, Conneely O. Stimulus-dependent impairment of the neutrophil oxidative burst response in lactoferrin-deficient mice. Am J Pathol. 2008;172:1019-29 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that although LF deficiency alone is not a primary cause of the defects associated with SGD, this protein does play an immunomodulatory role in the oxidative burst response of neutrophils. ..
- Long D, Waikel R, Wang X, Perlaky L, Roop D, Jaiswal A. NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1 deficiency increases susceptibility to benzo(a)pyrene-induced mouse skin carcinogenesis. Cancer Res. 2000;60:5913-5 pubmed..Histological analysis of the NQO1-/- tumors showed proliferative activity. These results demonstrate that NQO1 acts as an endogenous factor in protection against benzo(a)pyrene carcinogenicity. ..
- DeNardo D, Kim H, Hilsenbeck S, Cuba V, Tsimelzon A, Brown P. Global gene expression analysis of estrogen receptor transcription factor cross talk in breast cancer: identification of estrogen-induced/activator protein-1-dependent genes. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:362-78 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that microarrays can be used in a reverse genetics approach to predict the functional promoter structure of large numbers of genes that are regulated by multiple transcription factors. ..
- Wu H, Rodgers J, Perrard X, Perrard J, Prince J, Abe Y, et al. Deficiency of CD11b or CD11d results in reduced staphylococcal enterotoxin-induced T cell response and T cell phenotypic changes. J Immunol. 2004;173:297-306 pubmed
- Foskett S, Ghose R, Tang D, Lewis D, Rice A. Antiapoptotic function of Cdk9 (TAK/P-TEFb) in U937 promonocytic cells. J Virol. 2001;75:1220-8 pubmed..Because Cdk9 function is induced in PMA-treated U937 cells, Cdk9 may play an antiapoptotic role during monocyte differentiation. ..
- Honeycutt K, Chen Z, Koster M, Miers M, Nuchtern J, Hicks J, et al. Deregulated minichromosomal maintenance protein MCM7 contributes to oncogene driven tumorigenesis. Oncogene. 2006;25:4027-32 pubmed..MCM7 mice. Whereas previous studies have shown that MCM7 is useful as a proliferation marker, our data suggest that deregulated MCM7 expression actively contributes to tumor formation, progression and malignant conversion. ..
- Sriraman V, Rudd M, Lohmann S, Mulders S, Richards J. Cyclic guanosine 5'-monophosphate-dependent protein kinase II is induced by luteinizing hormone and progesterone receptor-dependent mechanisms in granulosa cells and cumulus oocyte complexes of ovulating follicles. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:348-61 pubmed
- Iskander K, Gaikwad A, Paquet M, Long D, Brayton C, Barrios R, et al. Lower induction of p53 and decreased apoptosis in NQO1-null mice lead to increased sensitivity to chemical-induced skin carcinogenesis. Cancer Res. 2005;65:2054-8 pubmed
- Deng W, Zhu Y, Wu K. Role of p300 and PCAF in regulating cyclooxygenase-2 promoter activation by inflammatory mediators. Blood. 2004;103:2135-42 pubmed..We conclude that p300 is the predominant coactivator that is essential for COX-2 transcriptional activation by proinflammatory mediators. ..
- Adachi R, Krilis S, Nigrovic P, Hamilton M, Chung K, Thakurdas S, et al. Ras guanine nucleotide-releasing protein-4 (RasGRP4) involvement in experimental arthritis and colitis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:20047-55 pubmed publisher..The latter findings raise the possibility that the pharmacologic inactivation of this intracellular signaling protein might be an effective treatment for arthritis or inflammatory bowel disease. ..