Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in Houston, Texas, United States
Locale: Houston, Texas, United States
Topic: signal transduction
Publications831 found, 100 shown here
- Khatri S, Edlund R, Groves A. Foxi3 is necessary for the induction of the chick otic placode in response to FGF signaling. Dev Biol. 2014;391:158-69 pubmed publisher..The early expression but late requirement for Foxi3 in ear induction suggests it may have some of the properties associated with pioneer transcription factors...
- Wang Y, Wang L, Guan S, Cao W, Wang H, Chen Z, et al. Novel ALK inhibitor AZD3463 inhibits neuroblastoma growth by overcoming crizotinib resistance and inducing apoptosis. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19423 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that AZD3463 is a promising therapeutic agent in the treatment of NB. ..
- Ã‡eliktas M, Tanaka I, Tripathi S, Fahrmann J, Aguilar Bonavides C, Villalobos P, et al. Role of CPS1 in Cell Growth, Metabolism and Prognosis in LKB1-Inactivated Lung Adenocarcinoma. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2017;109:1-9 pubmed publisher..CPS1 is a promising therapeutic target in combination with other chemotherapy agents, as well as a prognostic biomarker, enabling a personalized approach to treatment of LADC. ..
- Siwak D, Mendoza Gamboa E, Tari A. HER2/neu uses Akt to suppress retinoic acid response element binding activity in MDA-MB-453 breast cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2003;23:1739-45 pubmed..These data indicate that HER2/neu predominantly uses Akt to suppress RARE binding activity, which may be one mechanism by which HER2/neu induces ATRA resistance in breast cancer cells. ..
- Wei L, Taffet G, Khoury D, Bo J, Li Y, Yatani A, et al. Disruption of Rho signaling results in progressive atrioventricular conduction defects while ventricular function remains preserved. FASEB J. 2004;18:857-9 pubmed..This study provides novel evidence for an important role of Rho GTPases in regulating AV conduction. ..
- Bauer T, Fan F, Liu W, Johnson M, Parikh N, Parry G, et al. Insulinlike growth factor-I-mediated migration and invasion of human colon carcinoma cells requires activation of c-Met and urokinase plasminogen activator receptor. Ann Surg. 2005;241:748-56; discussion 756-8 pubmed..Elucidation of the pathways that contribute to tumor progression and metastasis should provide a foundation for the rational development and use of targeted therapies for CRC. ..
- Ekhlassi S, Scruggs L, Garza T, Montufar Solis D, Moretti A, Klein J. Porphyromonas gingivalis lipopolysaccharide induces tumor necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-6 secretion, and CCL25 gene expression, in mouse primary gingival cell lines: interleukin-6-driven activation of CCL2. J Periodontal Res. 2008;43:431-9 pubmed..These findings define a pathway in which exposure of gingival cells to P. gingivalis induces the release of interleukin-6 and tumor necrosis factor-alpha; interleukin-6, in turn, induces CCL2 secretion. ..
- Badgwell D, Lu Z, Le K, Gao F, Yang M, Suh G, et al. The tumor-suppressor gene ARHI (DIRAS3) suppresses ovarian cancer cell migration through inhibition of the Stat3 and FAK/Rho signaling pathways. Oncogene. 2012;31:68-79 pubmed publisher..Thus, ARHI has a critical and previously uncharacterized role in the regulation of ovarian cancer cell migration, exerting inhibitory effects on two distinct signaling pathways. ..
- Al Tawashi A, Jung S, Liu D, Su B, Qin J. Protein implicated in nonsyndromic mental retardation regulates protein kinase A (PKA) activity. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:14644-58 pubmed publisher..Together, our data show that CC2D1A is an important regulator of the cAMP/PKA signaling pathway, which may be the underlying cause for impaired mental function in nonsyndromic mental retardation patients with CC2D1A mutation. ..
- Gadhikar M, Sciuto M, Alves M, Pickering C, Osman A, Neskey D, et al. Chk1/2 inhibition overcomes the cisplatin resistance of head and neck cancer cells secondary to the loss of functional p53. Mol Cancer Ther. 2013;12:1860-73 pubmed publisher..These preclinical data provide evidence that a personalized approach to the treatment of HNSCC based on Chk inhibition in p53-mutant tumors may be feasible. ..
- Wang Y, Cortez D, Yazdi P, Neff N, Elledge S, Qin J. BASC, a super complex of BRCA1-associated proteins involved in the recognition and repair of aberrant DNA structures. Genes Dev. 2000;14:927-39 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest that BRCA1 may function as a coordinator of multiple activities required for maintenance of genomic integrity during the process of DNA replication and point to a central role for BRCA1 in DNA repair. ..
- Conneely O, Jericevic B, Lydon J. Progesterone receptors in mammary gland development and tumorigenesis. J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia. 2003;8:205-14 pubmed
- Kumar T, Agno J, Janovick J, Conn P, Matzuk M. Regulation of FSHbeta and GnRH receptor gene expression in activin receptor II knockout male mice. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003;212:19-27 pubmed..Our studies confirm the importance of using in vivo genetic models for studying regulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis. ..
- Szafranski P, Goode S. A Fasciclin 2 morphogenetic switch organizes epithelial cell cluster polarity and motility. Development. 2004;131:2023-36 pubmed..Furthermore, our results provide novel insight into the intimate link between epithelial polarity and acquisition of motile polarity that has important implications for development of invasive carcinomas. ..
- Akiyama H, Lyons J, Mori Akiyama Y, Yang X, Zhang R, Zhang Z, et al. Interactions between Sox9 and beta-catenin control chondrocyte differentiation. Genes Dev. 2004;18:1072-87 pubmed..Our results strongly suggest that chondrogenesis is controlled by interactions between Sox9 and the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway. ..
- Elefteriou F, Ahn J, Takeda S, Starbuck M, Yang X, Liu X, et al. Leptin regulation of bone resorption by the sympathetic nervous system and CART. Nature. 2005;434:514-20 pubmed..Our study establishes that leptin-regulated neural pathways control both aspects of bone remodelling, and demonstrates that integrity of sympathetic signalling is necessary for the increase in bone resorption caused by gonadal failure. ..
- Morgillo F, Woo J, Kim E, Hong W, Lee H. Heterodimerization of insulin-like growth factor receptor/epidermal growth factor receptor and induction of survivin expression counteract the antitumor action of erlotinib. Cancer Res. 2006;66:10100-11 pubmed
- Song R, Harris L, Pettaway C. Downmodulation of Bcl-2 sensitizes metastatic LNCaP-LN3 cells to undergo apoptosis via the intrinsic pathway. Prostate. 2010;70:571-83 pubmed publisher..Downmodulation of Bcl-2 in metastatic castrate-resistant LNCaP-LN3 cells led to apoptosis via a cytochrome c-dependent pathway that was enhanced with docetaxel treatment. ..
- Nalam R, Matzuk M. Local signalling environments and human male infertility: what we can learn from mouse models. Expert Rev Mol Med. 2010;12:e15 pubmed publisher..Analysis of these signalling processes in spermatogenesis using mouse models has provided investigators with an invaluable tool to effectively translate basic science research to the research of human disease and infertility...
- Creighton C, Sada Y, Zhang Y, Tsimelzon A, Wong H, Dave B, et al. A gene transcription signature of obesity in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;132:993-1000 pubmed publisher..These results warrant further investigation of obesity-associated modifiers of breast cancer risk and disease outcome. ..
- Wang H, Lebert V, Hung C, Galles K, Saijo S, Lin X, et al. C-type lectin receptors differentially induce th17 cells and vaccine immunity to the endemic mycosis of North America. J Immunol. 2014;192:1107-1119 pubmed publisher..Our work provides new insight into innate immune mechanisms that drive vaccine immunity and Th17 cells. ..
- Ando K, PARSONS M, Shah R, Charendoff C, Paris S, Liu P, et al. NPM1 directs PIDDosome-dependent caspase-2 activation in the nucleolus. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:1795-1810 pubmed publisher..Thus we have identified the nucleolus as a novel site for caspase-2 activation and function. ..
- Eatock R, Hurley K. Functional development of hair cells. Curr Top Dev Biol. 2003;57:389-448 pubmed
- Panopoulos A, Zhang L, Snow J, Jones D, Smith A, El Kasmi K, et al. STAT3 governs distinct pathways in emergency granulopoiesis and mature neutrophils. Blood. 2006;108:3682-90 pubmed..Our results demonstrate the existence of distinct STAT3 target pathways in neutrophils required for granulopoiesis and innate immunity. ..
- Esashi E, Wang Y, Perng O, Qin X, Liu Y, Watowich S. The signal transducer STAT5 inhibits plasmacytoid dendritic cell development by suppressing transcription factor IRF8. Immunity. 2008;28:509-20 pubmed publisher..Our results therefore show that GM-CSF controls the production of pDCs by employing STAT5 to suppress IRF8 and the pDC transcriptional network in lin- Flt3+ progenitors. ..
- Phatarpekar P, Wen J, Xia Y. Role of adenosine signaling in penile erection and erectile disorders. J Sex Med. 2010;7:3553-64 pubmed publisher..Adenosine signaling represents a potentially important diagnostic and therapeutic target for the treatment of ED and priapism. ..
- Li W, Tan D, Zenali M, Brown R. Constitutive activation of nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-kB) signaling pathway in fibrolamellar hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2009;3:238-43 pubmed..Constitutive NF-kB activation was observed in FLHCC. The findings suggest that NF-kB activation is involved in the tumorigenesis of FLHCC and may represent novel targets for therapeutic intervention to FLHCC. ..
- Lin L, Saha P, Ma X, Henshaw I, Shao L, Chang B, et al. Ablation of ghrelin receptor reduces adiposity and improves insulin sensitivity during aging by regulating fat metabolism in white and brown adipose tissues. Aging Cell. 2011;10:996-1010 pubmed publisher..Growth hormone secretagogue receptor antagonists may be a new means of combating obesity by shifting the energy balance from obesogenesis to thermogenesis. ..
- Szigeti R, Pangas S, Nagy Szakál D, Dowd S, Shulman R, Olive A, et al. SMAD4 haploinsufficiency associates with augmented colonic inflammation in select humans and mice. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2012;42:401-8 pubmed..These findings may reveal implications not only towards colonic inflammation in the setting of SMAD4 haploinsufficiency, but for colorectal cancer as well. ..
- Garnett J, Chumbalkar V, Vaillant B, Gururaj A, Hill K, Latha K, et al. Regulation of HGF expression by ?EGFR-mediated c-Met activation in glioblastoma cells. Neoplasia. 2013;15:73-84 pubmed..These results suggest that the c-Met/HGF signaling axis is enhanced by ?EGFR through increased STAT3-dependent HGF expression and that targeting c-Met in Mes GBMs may be an important strategy for therapy. ..
- Yang Q, Bermingham N, Finegold M, Zoghbi H. Requirement of Math1 for secretory cell lineage commitment in the mouse intestine. Science. 2001;294:2155-8 pubmed..The continuous rapid renewal of these cells makes the intestinal epithelium a model system for the study of stem cell regeneration and lineage commitment...
- Assadi A, Zhang G, Beffert U, McNeil R, Renfro A, Niu S, et al. Interaction of reelin signaling and Lis1 in brain development. Nat Genet. 2003;35:270-6 pubmed..Dab1 and Lis1 bound in a reelin-induced phosphorylation-dependent manner. These data indicate genetic and biochemical interaction between the reelin signaling pathway and Lis1. ..
- Yamaoka Y, Kudo T, Lu H, Casola A, Brasier A, Graham D. Role of interferon-stimulated responsive element-like element in interleukin-8 promoter in Helicobacter pylori infection. Gastroenterology. 2004;126:1030-43 pubmed..The mucosal inflammatory response to H. pylori infection is complex and involves different pathways converging on the IL-8 promoter. ..
- Zhou G, Boomer J, Tan T. Protein phosphatase 4 is a positive regulator of hematopoietic progenitor kinase 1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:49551-61 pubmed..Combined with the observation that PP4 enhanced HPK1-induced JNK activation, our studies identify PP4 as a positive regulator for HPK1 and the HPK1-JNK signaling pathway. ..
- Ogawa T, Kapadia H, Feng J, Raghow R, Peters H, D Souza R. Functional consequences of interactions between Pax9 and Msx1 genes in normal and abnormal tooth development. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:18363-9 pubmed
- Niu S, Yabut O, D ARCANGELO G. The Reelin signaling pathway promotes dendritic spine development in hippocampal neurons. J Neurosci. 2008;28:10339-48 pubmed publisher..These findings may have implications for understanding the origin of cognitive disorders associated with Reelin deficiency. ..
- Lee D, Kuo H, Chen C, Wei Y, Chou C, Hung J, et al. IKKbeta suppression of TSC1 function links the mTOR pathway with insulin resistance. Int J Mol Med. 2008;22:633-8 pubmed..V-Lepob/J mice. Collectively, dysregulation of the TSC1/ TSC2/mTOR signaling pathway by IKKbeta is a common molecular switch for both cancer pathogenesis and diet- and obesity-induced insulin resistance...
- Zou C, Smith K, Zhu Q, Liu J, McCutcheon I, Slopis J, et al. Dual targeting of AKT and mammalian target of rapamycin: a potential therapeutic approach for malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009;8:1157-68 pubmed publisher..PI-103 did not elicit apoptosis but significantly induced autophagy in MPNST cells. These results suggest further study of combined PI3K/AKT and mTOR inhibition as a novel therapy for patients harboring MPNST...
- Golding I. Decision making in living cells: lessons from a simple system. Annu Rev Biophys. 2011;40:63-80 pubmed publisher..The recent studies have highlighted the role of spatiotemporal effects in cellular processes and the importance of distinguishing chemical stochasticity from possible hidden variables in cellular decision making...
- Rubel C, Lanz R, Kommagani R, Franco H, Lydon J, DeMayo F. Research resource: Genome-wide profiling of progesterone receptor binding in the mouse uterus. Mol Endocrinol. 2012;26:1428-42 pubmed publisher..Future analysis promises to reveal the PR interactome and, in turn, potential therapeutic targets for the diagnosis and/or treatment of endometrial dysfunction...
- Pant V, Quintas Cardama A, Lozano G. The p53 pathway in hematopoiesis: lessons from mouse models, implications for humans. Blood. 2012;120:5118-27 pubmed publisher..Here we summarize some of these models, the various mechanisms that disrupt the regulation of p53 activity, and their relevance to human disease. ..
- Cimo A, Ahmed Z, McIntyre B, Lewis D, Ladbury J. CD25 and CD69 induction by ?4?1 outside-in signalling requires TCR early signalling complex proteins. Biochem J. 2013;454:109-21 pubmed publisher..These novel insights into the cross-talk between integrin outside-in and TCR signalling pathways are highly relevant to the development of therapeutic strategies to overcome disease associated with T-cell deregulation. ..
- Yan X, Liao H, Cheng M, Shi X, Lin X, Feng X, et al. Smad7 Protein Interacts with Receptor-regulated Smads (R-Smads) to Inhibit Transforming Growth Factor-Î² (TGF-Î²)/Smad Signaling. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:382-92 pubmed publisher..These results shed new light on the regulation of TGF-Î² signaling by Smad7. ..
- Hammerich K, Frolov A, Li R, Ittmann M, Ayala G. Cellular interactions of the phosphorylated form of AKT in prostate cancer. Hum Pathol. 2017;63:98-109 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that PCa uses multiple mechanisms to regulate this pathway and substantiate the concept of redundancy in cancer pathway regulation. Consequently, new hypothesis-driven studies can be derived from this information. ..
- Vadlamudi R, Bagheri Yarmand R, Yang Z, Balasenthil S, Nguyen D, Sahin A, et al. Dynein light chain 1, a p21-activated kinase 1-interacting substrate, promotes cancerous phenotypes. Cancer Cell. 2004;5:575-85 pubmed..DLC1 protein level is elevated in more than 90% of human breast tumors. The regulation of cell survival functions by Pak1-DLC1 interaction represents a novel mechanism by which a signaling kinase might regulate the cancerous phenotypes. ..
- Wang W, Huang X, Li A, Liu F, Li J, Truong L, et al. Signaling mechanism of TGF-beta1 in prevention of renal inflammation: role of Smad7. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2005;16:1371-83 pubmed..Smad7-mediated inhibition of NF-kappaB activation via the induction of IkBalpha may be the central mechanism by which latent TGF-beta prevents renal inflammation. ..
- Williams R, Baker A, Ihle N, Winkler A, Kirkpatrick L, Powis G. The skin and hair as surrogate tissues for measuring the target effect of inhibitors of phosphoinositide-3-kinase signaling. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2006;58:444-50 pubmed..Hair offers a way of measuring the effects of PI-3-K signaling inhibitors and, in cancer patients, may provide a readily obtainable surrogate tissue for assessing PI-3-K and phospho-Akt inhibition in tumor. ..
- Pan F, Massey S. Rod and cone input to horizontal cells in the rabbit retina. J Comp Neurol. 2007;500:815-31 pubmed..5 microm from the rod synaptic ribbon. We conclude that AMPA receptors of the same or similar composition mediate photoreceptor input to all types of HCs. ..
- Heckman B, Chakravarty G, Vargo Gogola T, Gonzales Rimbau M, Hadsell D, Lee A, et al. Crosstalk between the p190-B RhoGAP and IGF signaling pathways is required for embryonic mammary bud development. Dev Biol. 2007;309:137-49 pubmed..These results indicate that IGF signaling through p190-B and IRS proteins is critical for mammary bud formation and ensuing epithelial-mesenchymal interactions necessary to sustain mammary bud morphogenesis. ..
- Lee D, Kuo H, Chen C, Hsu J, Chou C, Wei Y, et al. IKK beta suppression of TSC1 links inflammation and tumor angiogenesis via the mTOR pathway. Cell. 2007;130:440-55 pubmed..Our findings identify a pathway that is critical for inflammation-mediated tumor angiogenesis and may provide a target for clinical intervention in human cancer. ..
- Henderson Y, Ahn S, Kang Y, Clayman G. Sorafenib potently inhibits papillary thyroid carcinomas harboring RET/PTC1 rearrangement. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:4908-4914 pubmed publisher..Because RET/PTC rearrangements are unique to thyroid carcinomas, our findings support the clinical evaluation of sorafenib for patients with PTC and the identification of patients most likely to respond to sorafenib treatment. ..
- Huang X, Yang C, Jin C, Luo Y, Wang F, McKeehan W. Resident hepatocyte fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 limits hepatocarcinogenesis. Mol Carcinog. 2009;48:553-62 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that in contrast to ectopic FGFR1 that is a strong promoter of hepatoma, resident FGFR4 that mediates differentiated hepatocyte metabolic functions also serves to suppress hepatoma progression. ..
- Lee S, Lee B, Lee J, Lee S. Retinoid signaling and neurogenin2 function are coupled for the specification of spinal motor neurons through a chromatin modifier CBP. Neuron. 2009;62:641-54 pubmed publisher..Our study uncovers the mechanism by which extrinsic RA-signal and intrinsic transcription factor Ngn2 cooperate for cell fate specification through their synergistic activity to trigger transcriptionally active chromatin. ..
- Liu Y, Zhu L, Fatheree N, Liu X, Pacheco S, Tatevian N, et al. Changes in intestinal Toll-like receptors and cytokines precede histological injury in a rat model of necrotizing enterocolitis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;297:G442-50 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the intestinal expression of TLRs and cytokines precedes histological injury in the experimental NEC. ..
- Davies M, Gershenwald J. Targeted therapy for melanoma: a primer. Surg Oncol Clin N Am. 2011;20:165-80 pubmed publisher..The challenges that must be overcome to achieve improved outcomes with targeted therapies in melanoma in the future are also discussed. ..
- Melhem Bertrandt A, Bojadzieva J, Ready K, Obeid E, Liu D, Gutierrez Barrera A, et al. Early onset HER2-positive breast cancer is associated with germline TP53 mutations. Cancer. 2012;118:908-13 pubmed publisher..If confirmed in a larger cohort, these results could guide genetic testing strategies, lead to chemoprevention trials incorporating HER2-targeted therapies, and elucidate some of the molecular pathways involved in breast cancer. ..
- Nick A, Stone R, Armaiz Pena G, Ozpolat B, Tekedereli I, Graybill W, et al. Silencing of p130cas in ovarian carcinoma: a novel mechanism for tumor cell death. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2011;103:1596-612 pubmed publisher..Increased p130cas expression is associated with poor clinical outcome in human ovarian carcinoma, and p130cas gene silencing decreases tumor growth through stimulation of apoptotic and autophagic cell death. ..
- Li X, Lu Y, Liang K, Hsu J, Albarracin C, Mills G, et al. Brk/PTK6 sustains activated EGFR signaling through inhibiting EGFR degradation and transactivating EGFR. Oncogene. 2012;31:4372-83 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a previously unknown role of Brk in EGFR-targeted therapy. ..
- Alexandrescu S, Tatevian N, Czerniak B, Covinsky M, Burns N, Brown R. Morphoproteomics provides support for TGF-? pathway signaling in the osteoclastogenesis and immune dysregulation of osteolytic Langerhans cell histiocytosis. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2012;5:503-11 pubmed..Such TGF-? signaling in osteoclastogenesis and immune dysregulation, and the presence of FASN in the majority of cells, have additional therapeutic implications for osteolytic LCH. ..
- Zhang N, Chang Y, Rios A, An Z. HER3/ErbB3, an emerging cancer therapeutic target. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2016;48:39-48 pubmed publisher..In this review, we focus on the validation of HER3 as a cancer drug target, the recent development in biomarker discovery for anti-HER3 therapies, and the progress made in the clinical development of HER3-targeting mAbs. ..
- Gatchel J, Watase K, Thaller C, Carson J, Jafar Nejad P, Shaw C, et al. The insulin-like growth factor pathway is altered in spinocerebellar ataxia type 1 and type 7. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:1291-6 pubmed publisher..These data define one common pathogenic response in SCA1 and SCA7 and reveal the importance of intercellular mechanisms in their pathogenesis. ..
- Graves H, Woodfield S, Yang C, Halder G, Bergmann A. Notch signaling activates Yorkie non-cell autonomously in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37615 pubmed publisher..Our data identify a novel mechanism by which Notch promotes cell survival non-cell autonomously and by which neoplastic tumor cells generate a supportive microenvironment for tumor growth. ..
- Marcelo K, Goldie L, Hirschi K. Regulation of endothelial cell differentiation and specification. Circ Res. 2013;112:1272-87 pubmed publisher..The specialization of all endothelial cell subtypes requires extrinsic signals and intrinsic regulatory events, which will be discussed in this review. ..
- Zhang D, Zhang G, Hu X, Wu L, Feng Y, He S, et al. Oncogenic RAS Regulates Long Noncoding RNA Orilnc1 in Human Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3745-3757 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results identify Orilnc1 as a novel, nonprotein mediator of RAS/RAF activation that may serve as a therapeutic target in RAS/RAF-driven cancers. Cancer Res; 77(14); 3745-57. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Efendiev R, Bertorello A, Zandomeni R, Cinelli A, Pedemonte C. Agonist-dependent regulation of renal Na+,K+-ATPase activity is modulated by intracellular sodium concentration. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:11489-96 pubmed..These results suggest that the level of intracellular sodium modulates whether hormones stimulate, inhibit, or have no effect on the Na(+),K(+)-ATPase activity leading to a tight control of sodium reabsorption. ..
- Wang Y, Shirogane T, Liu D, Harper J, Elledge S. Exit from exit: resetting the cell cycle through Amn1 inhibition of G protein signaling. Cell. 2003;112:697-709 pubmed..Thus, Amn1 is part of a daughter-specific switch that helps cells exit from mitotic exit and reset the cell cycle. ..
- Nurieva R, Thomas S, Nguyen T, Martin Orozco N, Wang Y, Kaja M, et al. T-cell tolerance or function is determined by combinatorial costimulatory signals. EMBO J. 2006;25:2623-33 pubmed..This work demonstrates that T-cell function or tolerance is controlled by costimulatory signals. ..
- Zhang Y, McKeehan K, Lin Y, Zhang J, Wang F. Fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 (FGFR1) tyrosine phosphorylation regulates binding of FGFR substrate 2alpha (FRS2alpha) but not FRS2 to the receptor. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:167-75 pubmed..The results, for the first time, demonstrate the specific signals mediated by the Grb2-binding sites and further our understanding of FGF signal transmission at the adaptor level. ..
- Gilliet M, Cao W, Liu Y. Plasmacytoid dendritic cells: sensing nucleic acids in viral infection and autoimmune diseases. Nat Rev Immunol. 2008;8:594-606 pubmed publisher..Several pDC receptors negatively regulate type I IFN responses by pDCs during viral infection and for normal homeostasis. ..
- Pandey M, Sung B, Aggarwal B. Betulinic acid suppresses STAT3 activation pathway through induction of protein tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1 in human multiple myeloma cells. Int J Cancer. 2010;127:282-92 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggest that betulinic acid downregulates STAT3 activation through upregulation of SHP-1, and this may have potential in sensitization of STAT3 overexpressing tumors to chemotherapeutic agents. ..
- Quintas Cardama A, Vaddi K, Liu P, Manshouri T, Li J, Scherle P, et al. Preclinical characterization of the selective JAK1/2 inhibitor INCB018424: therapeutic implications for the treatment of myeloproliferative neoplasms. Blood. 2010;115:3109-17 pubmed publisher..Preliminary clinical results support these preclinical data and establish INCB018424 as a promising oral agent for the treatment of MPNs. ..
- Richards K, Zweidler McKay P, Van Roy N, Speleman F, Trevino J, Zage P, et al. Signaling of ERBB receptor tyrosine kinases promotes neuroblastoma growth in vitro and in vivo. Cancer. 2010;116:3233-43 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that non-EGFR ERBB family members contribute directly to neuroblastoma growth and survival, and pan-ERBB inhibition represents a potential therapeutic target for treating neuroblastoma. ..
- El Osta H, Kurzrock R. Castleman's disease: from basic mechanisms to molecular therapeutics. Oncologist. 2011;16:497-511 pubmed publisher..In this article, we review the current state of the art of our understanding of Castleman's disease and its treatment and we provide insight into future treatment strategies based on disease biology. ..
- Molina J, Agarwal N, Morales F, Hayashi Y, Aldape K, Cote G, et al. PTEN, NHERF1 and PHLPP form a tumor suppressor network that is disabled in glioblastoma. Oncogene. 2012;31:1264-74 pubmed publisher..We thus propose a PTEN-NHERF1-PHLPP PI3K-Akt pathway inhibitory network that relies on molecular interactions and can undergo parallel synergistic hits in glioblastoma. ..
- Hawkins S, Andreu Vieyra C, Kim T, Jeong J, Hodgson M, Chen R, et al. Dysregulation of uterine signaling pathways in progesterone receptor-Cre knockout of dicer. Mol Endocrinol. 2012;26:1552-66 pubmed publisher..These data implicate Dicer and appropriate miRNA expression as essential players in the regulation of multiple uterine signaling pathways required for uterine development and appropriate function. ..
- Liu P, Wakamiya M, Shea M, Albrecht U, Behringer R, Bradley A. Requirement for Wnt3 in vertebrate axis formation. Nat Genet. 1999;22:361-5 pubmed..These studies provide genetic proof for the requirement of Wnt3 in primary axis formation in the mouse. ..
- Suryawan A, O Connor P, Kimball S, Bush J, Nguyen H, Jefferson L, et al. Amino acids do not alter the insulin-induced activation of the insulin signaling pathway in neonatal pigs. J Nutr. 2004;134:24-30 pubmed..Furthermore, amino acids do not alter the insulin-stimulated activation of early steps in the insulin signaling pathway. ..
- Niu S, Renfro A, Quattrocchi C, Sheldon M, D ARCANGELO G. Reelin promotes hippocampal dendrite development through the VLDLR/ApoER2-Dab1 pathway. Neuron. 2004;41:71-84 pubmed..Thus, the same signaling pathway controls both neuronal migration and dendrite maturation. ..
- Ma X, Reyna A, Mani S, Matzuk M, Kumar T. Impaired male sexual behavior in activin receptor type II knockout mice. Biol Reprod. 2005;73:1182-90 pubmed..Our studies identify a previously unrecognized role of activin signaling in male sexual behavior and suggest that activins and/or related family members are upstream regulators of NOS activity within the mPOA of the forebrain. ..
- Dash P, Orsi S, Moore A. Spatial memory formation and memory-enhancing effect of glucose involves activation of the tuberous sclerosis complex-Mammalian target of rapamycin pathway. J Neurosci. 2006;26:8048-56 pubmed..Together, these findings suggest that memory formation requires the mTOR cascade and that the memory-enhancing effect of glucose involves its ability to activate this pathway. ..
- VENEGAS V, Zhou Z. Two alternative mechanisms that regulate the presentation of apoptotic cell engulfment signal in Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:3180-92 pubmed
- Banday A, Lokhandwala M. Dopamine receptors and hypertension. Curr Hypertens Rep. 2008;10:268-75 pubmed..The molecular basis for dopamine receptor dysfunction in hypertension is being investigated, and may involve an abnormal posttranslational modification of the dopamine receptor. ..
- Dong J, Akcakanat A, Stivers D, Zhang J, Kim D, Meric Bernstam F. RNA-binding specificity of Y-box protein 1. RNA Biol. 2009;6:59-64 pubmed..Further study is needed to determine the functional consequences of selective YB-1 mRNA binding. ..
- Shiang C, Qi Y, Wang B, Lazar V, Wang J, Fraser Symmans W, et al. Amplification of fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 in breast cancer and the effects of brivanib alaninate. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010;123:747-55 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that FGFR-1 amplification or protein overexpression in breast cancers may be an indicator for brivanib treatment, where it may have direct anti-proliferative effects in addition to its' anti-angiogenic effects. ..
- Bian F, Qi H, Ma P, Zhang L, Yoon K, Pflugfelder S, et al. An immunoprotective privilege of corneal epithelial stem cells against Th17 inflammatory stress by producing glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor. Stem Cells. 2010;28:2172-81 pubmed publisher..This may represent a unique immunoprotective property of limbal stem cells against inflammatory challenges on the ocular surface. ..