Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in Dallas, Texas, United States
Locale: Dallas, Texas, United States
Topic: signal transduction
Publications508 found, 100 shown here
- McKinsey T, Zhang C, Olson E. Activation of the myocyte enhancer factor-2 transcription factor by calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase-stimulated binding of 14-3-3 to histone deacetylase 5. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:14400-5 pubmed..Our studies suggest that 14-3-3 binding to HDAC5 is required for CaMK-dependent disruption of MEF2-HDAC complexes and nuclear export of HDAC5, and implicate 14-3-3 as a signal-dependent regulator of muscle cell differentiation. ..
- Sun L, Deng L, Ea C, Xia Z, Chen Z. The TRAF6 ubiquitin ligase and TAK1 kinase mediate IKK activation by BCL10 and MALT1 in T lymphocytes. Mol Cell. 2004;14:289-301 pubmed..These results reveal an oligomerization --> ubiquitination --> phosphorylation cascade that culminates in NF-kappaB activation in T lymphocytes. ..
- Carroll T, Das A. Planar cell polarity in kidney development and disease. Organogenesis. 2011;7:180-90 pubmed publisher..Finally, we present a model whereby the signal(s) that organizes PCP in the kidney epithelium, at least in part, comes from the adjacent stromal fibroblasts. ..
- Battiprolu P, Hojayev B, Jiang N, Wang Z, Luo X, Iglewski M, et al. Metabolic stress-induced activation of FoxO1 triggers diabetic cardiomyopathy in mice. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:1109-18 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that activation of FoxO1 is an important mediator of diabetic cardiomyopathy and is a promising therapeutic target for the disease. ..
- Ranganathan R, Ross E. PDZ domain proteins: scaffolds for signaling complexes. Curr Biol. 1997;7:R770-3 pubmed..Extensive conservation of PDZ domains suggests that these motifs have a general role in organizing diverse signaling complexes. ..
- Chin E, Olson E, Richardson J, Yang Q, Humphries C, Shelton J, et al. A calcineurin-dependent transcriptional pathway controls skeletal muscle fiber type. Genes Dev. 1998;12:2499-509 pubmed..These results identify a molecular mechanism by which different patterns of motor nerve activity promote selective changes in gene expression to establish the specialized characteristics of slow and fast myofibers. ..
- Kalidas S, Smith D. Novel genomic cDNA hybrids produce effective RNA interference in adult Drosophila. Neuron. 2002;33:177-84 pubmed..elegans. These results demonstrate a simple strategy to knock out gene function in specific cells in living adult Drosophila that can be applied to define the biological function of hundreds of orphan genes and open reading frames...
- Wu H, Kanatous S, Thurmond F, Gallardo T, Isotani E, Bassel Duby R, et al. Regulation of mitochondrial biogenesis in skeletal muscle by CaMK. Science. 2002;296:349-52 pubmed..Thus, a calcium-regulated signaling pathway controls mitochondrial biogenesis in mammalian cells. ..
- Beffert U, Weeber E, Morfini G, Ko J, Brady S, Tsai L, et al. Reelin and cyclin-dependent kinase 5-dependent signals cooperate in regulating neuronal migration and synaptic transmission. J Neurosci. 2004;24:1897-906 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that both pathways function together in a parallel, rather than a simple, linear manner to coordinate neuronal migration and neurotransmission in the developing and mature brain. ..
- Shetty P, Lo M, Robertson S, Lin R. C. elegans TCF protein, POP-1, converts from repressor to activator as a result of Wnt-induced lowering of nuclear levels. Dev Biol. 2005;285:584-92 pubmed..We propose that the balance between TCF/LEF and coactivator(s), achieved by elevating coactivator levels (the canonical pathway) and/or reducing TCF/LEF levels (worm endoderm), determines Wnt signal strength. ..
- Backs J, Song K, Bezprozvannaya S, Chang S, Olson E. CaM kinase II selectively signals to histone deacetylase 4 during cardiomyocyte hypertrophy. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:1853-64 pubmed..These findings reveal a central role for HDAC4 in CaMKII signaling pathways and have implications for the control of gene expression by calcium signaling in a variety of cell types. ..
- Tang W, Dodge M, Gundapaneni D, Michnoff C, Roth M, Lum L. A genome-wide RNAi screen for Wnt/beta-catenin pathway components identifies unexpected roles for TCF transcription factors in cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:9697-702 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results from our screen and studies focused on members of the TCF/LEF gene family refine our understanding of how aberrant Wnt pathway activation sustains CRC growth. ..
- Xu N, Henkemeyer M. Ephrin-B3 reverse signaling through Grb4 and cytoskeletal regulators mediates axon pruning. Nat Neurosci. 2009;12:268-76 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a previously unknown pathway that controls axon pruning and elucidate the biochemical mechanism by which ephrin-B reverse signals regulate actin dynamics to bring about the retraction of growth cones. ..
- Dill J, Patel A, Yang X, Bachoo R, Powell C, Li S. A molecular mechanism for ibuprofen-mediated RhoA inhibition in neurons. J Neurosci. 2010;30:963-72 pubmed publisher..Elucidation of the novel molecular mechanisms linking ibuprofen to RhoA inhibition may provide additional therapeutic targets to the disorders characterized by RhoA activation, including spinal cord injuries and Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Donato J, Cravo R, Frazao R, Gautron L, Scott M, Lachey J, et al. Leptin's effect on puberty in mice is relayed by the ventral premammillary nucleus and does not require signaling in Kiss1 neurons. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:355-68 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the PMV is a key site for leptin's permissive action at the onset of puberty and support the hypothesis that the multiple actions of leptin to control metabolism and reproduction are anatomically dissociated. ..
- Ni L, Li S, Yu J, Min J, Brautigam C, Tomchick D, et al. Structural basis for autoactivation of human Mst2 kinase and its regulation by RASSF5. Structure. 2013;21:1757-68 pubmed publisher..We propose that these temporally sensitive functions of RASSFs enable the Hippo pathway to respond to and integrate diverse cellular signals. ..
- Chosed R, Mukherjee S, Lois L, Orth K. Evolution of a signalling system that incorporates both redundancy and diversity: Arabidopsis SUMOylation. Biochem J. 2006;398:521-9 pubmed..Therefore the SUMO proteins, in this signalling system, have evolved to contain information that allows not only redundancy with the conjugation system but also diversity with the deconjugating enzymes. ..
- Zhang S, Cagatay T, Amanai M, Zhang M, Kline J, Castrillon D, et al. Viable mice with compound mutations in the Wnt/Dvl pathway antagonists nkd1 and nkd2. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4454-64 pubmed..Our data show that nkd function in the mouse is dispensable for embryonic development. ..
- Pacheco A, Curtis M, Ritchie J, Munera D, Waldor M, Moreira C, et al. Fucose sensing regulates bacterial intestinal colonization. Nature. 2012;492:113-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that EHEC uses fucose, a host-derived signal made available by the microbiota, to modulate EHEC pathogenicity and metabolism...
- Boulton T, Gregory J, Cobb M. Purification and properties of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1, an insulin-stimulated microtubule-associated protein 2 kinase. Biochemistry. 1991;30:278-86 pubmed..A sequence from the 43-kDa band led to the isolation of a cDNA encoding the enzyme, which we have named ERK1 for extracellular signal-regulated kinase (Boulton et al. (1990) Science 249, 64-67). ..
- Sun H, Yamamoto M, Mejillano M, Yin H. Gelsolin, a multifunctional actin regulatory protein. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:33179-82 pubmed
- Sperandio V, Torres A, Jarvis B, Nataro J, Kaper J. Bacteria-host communication: the language of hormones. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:8951-6 pubmed
- Dravis C, Yokoyama N, Chumley M, Cowan C, Silvany R, Shay J, et al. Bidirectional signaling mediated by ephrin-B2 and EphB2 controls urorectal development. Dev Biol. 2004;271:272-90 pubmed..Our data thus indicate that B-subclass Eph and ephrin molecules play an important role in these clinically significant midline cell-cell adhesion and fusion events. ..
- Li Y, Wray R, Blount P. Intragenic suppression of gain-of-function mutations in the Escherichia coli mechanosensitive channel, MscL. Mol Microbiol. 2004;53:485-95 pubmed..Not only have these findings revealed functional domains and subdomains critical for MscL function, but they also predict a pair of residues that interact directly during channel opening. ..
- Tall G, Gilman A. Purification and functional analysis of Ric-8A: a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for G-protein alpha subunits. Methods Enzymol. 2004;390:377-88 pubmed..The use of Ric-8A to prepare GTPgammaS-Galpha and nucleotide-free Galpha (in complex with Ric-8A) is described. ..
- Qu X, Zou Z, Sun Q, Luby Phelps K, Cheng P, Hogan R, et al. Autophagy gene-dependent clearance of apoptotic cells during embryonic development. Cell. 2007;128:931-46 pubmed..We conclude that autophagy contributes to dead-cell clearance during PCD by a mechanism that likely involves the generation of energy-dependent engulfment signals. ..
- Martin C, Ferdous A, Gallardo T, Humphries C, Sadek H, Caprioli A, et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor-2alpha transactivates Abcg2 and promotes cytoprotection in cardiac side population cells. Circ Res. 2008;102:1075-81 pubmed publisher..These results support the hypothesis that Abcg2 is a direct downstream target of HIF-2alpha which functions with other factors to initiate a cytoprotective program for this progenitor SP cell population that resides in the adult heart...
- Zhou L, Takayama Y, Boucher P, Tallquist M, Herz J. LRP1 regulates architecture of the vascular wall by controlling PDGFRbeta-dependent phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activation. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6922 pubmed publisher..Thus, regulation of PI3 Kinase by PDGFRbeta is essential for maintaining vascular integrity, and for the prevention of atherosclerosis as well as Marfan syndrome. ..
- Small E, O Rourke J, Moresi V, Sutherland L, McAnally J, Gerard R, et al. Regulation of PI3-kinase/Akt signaling by muscle-enriched microRNA-486. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:4218-23 pubmed publisher..Our findings implicate miR-486 as a downstream mediator of the actions of SRF/MRTF-A and MyoD in muscle cells and as a potential modulator of PI3K/Akt signaling. ..
- Luong P, Kinch L, Brautigam C, Grishin N, Tomchick D, Orth K. Kinetic and structural insights into the mechanism of AMPylation by VopS Fic domain. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:20155-63 pubmed publisher..Discovery of a ternary reaction mechanism along with structural insight provides critical groundwork for future studies for the family of AMPylators that modify hydroxyl-containing residues with AMP...
- Ouyang Z, Deka R, Norgard M. BosR (BB0647) controls the RpoN-RpoS regulatory pathway and virulence expression in Borrelia burgdorferi by a novel DNA-binding mechanism. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1001272 pubmed publisher..Our findings also have broader implications regarding a previously unappreciated layer of control that can be involved in ???-dependent gene regulation in bacteria. ..
- Yang T, Terman J. 14-3-3? couples protein kinase A to semaphorin signaling and silences plexin RasGAP-mediated axonal repulsion. Neuron. 2012;74:108-21 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that these interactions switch repulsion to adhesion and identify a point of convergence for multiple guidance molecules. ..
- Oh J, Malter J. Pin1-FADD interactions regulate Fas-mediated apoptosis in activated eosinophils. J Immunol. 2013;190:4937-45 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our data suggest that Pin1 is a critical link between FADD-mediated cell death and IL-5-mediated prosurvival signaling...
- Mineo C, Shaul P. Regulation of signal transduction by HDL. J Lipid Res. 2013;54:2315-24 pubmed publisher..Further investigation of the processes underlying HDL and apoA-I modulation of intracellular signaling will potentially reveal new prophylactic and therapeutic strategies to optimize both cardiovascular and metabolic health. ..
- Mumby M, Walter G. Protein phosphatases and DNA tumor viruses: transformation through the back door?. Cell Regul. 1991;2:589-98 pubmed..The currently available evidence indicates that alteration of phosphatase activity and subsequent changes in phosphorylation levels is an important step in transformation by these viruses...
- Khokhlatchev A, Xu S, English J, Wu P, Schaefer E, Cobb M. Reconstitution of mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphorylation cascades in bacteria. Efficient synthesis of active protein kinases. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:11057-62 pubmed..6-2.3 micromol/min/mg. Coexpression of protein kinases with their substrates in bacteria is of great value in the preparation of numerous phosphoproteins, heretofore not possible in procaryotic expression systems. ..
- Thomas T, Kurihara H, Yamagishi H, Kurihara Y, Yazaki Y, Olson E, et al. A signaling cascade involving endothelin-1, dHAND and msx1 regulates development of neural-crest-derived branchial arch mesenchyme. Development. 1998;125:3005-14 pubmed..Complete disruption of this molecular pathway results in growth failure of the branchial arches from apoptosis, while partial disruption leads to defects of branchial arch derivatives, similar to those seen in CATCH-22 syndrome. ..
- Spencer E, Jiang J, Chen Z. Signal-induced ubiquitination of IkappaBalpha by the F-box protein Slimb/beta-TrCP. Genes Dev. 1999;13:284-94 pubmed..These biochemical and genetic data strongly suggest that Slimb/beta-TrCP is the specificity determinant for the signal-induced ubiquitination of IkappaBalpha. ..
- Wong K, Zhang J, Awasthi S, Sharma A, Rogers L, Matlock E, et al. Nerve growth factor receptor signaling induces histone acetyltransferase domain-dependent nuclear translocation of p300/CREB-binding protein-associated factor and hGCN5 acetyltransferases. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:55667-74 pubmed
- King I, Kathiriya I, Murakami M, Nakagawa M, Gardner K, Srivastava D, et al. Hrt and Hes negatively regulate Notch signaling through interactions with RBP-Jkappa. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;345:446-52 pubmed..These findings suggest a novel mechanism for negative feedback on Notch signaling that requires RBP-Jkappa to interact physically with Hrt and Hes. ..
- Mukherjee S, Orth K. In vitro signaling by MAPK and NFkappaB pathways inhibited by Yersinia YopJ. Methods Enzymol. 2008;438:343-53 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that YopJ inhibits downstream of all these activators. The in vitro signaling assay is ideal for initial biochemical studies on activators and inhibitors of the MAPK and NFkappaB pathways. ..
- Chambliss K, Wu Q, Oltmann S, Konaniah E, Umetani M, Korach K, et al. Non-nuclear estrogen receptor alpha signaling promotes cardiovascular protection but not uterine or breast cancer growth in mice. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:2319-30 pubmed publisher..These processes potentially could be harnessed to provide vascular benefit without increasing the risk of uterine or breast cancer. ..
- Litten J, Chen T, Schultz R, Herman K, Comstock J, Schiffman J, et al. Activated NOTCH2 is overexpressed in hepatoblastomas: an immunohistochemical study. Pediatr Dev Pathol. 2011;14:378-83 pubmed publisher..In the hepatoblastoma sinusoidal vasculature, we saw NOTCH3 and NOTCH1 expression. These observations have potential implications with regard to therapeutic targeting of the NOTCH signaling pathway in hepatoblastomas. ..
- Pei J, Millay D, Olson E, Grishin N. CREST--a large and diverse superfamily of putative transmembrane hydrolases. Biol Direct. 2011;6:37 pubmed publisher..This article was reviewed by Kira S. Markarova, Igor B. Zhulin and Rob Knight. ..
- Hou F, Sun L, Zheng H, Skaug B, Jiang Q, Chen Z. MAVS forms functional prion-like aggregates to activate and propagate antiviral innate immune response. Cell. 2011;146:448-61 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that a prion-like conformational switch of MAVS activates and propagates the antiviral signaling cascade. ..
- Kim S, Pandita R, Eskiocak U, Ly P, Kaisani A, Kumar R, et al. Targeting of Nrf2 induces DNA damage signaling and protects colonic epithelial cells from ionizing radiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2949-55 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Nrf2 activation by synthetic triterpenoids is a promising candidate target to protect the gastrointestinal tract against acute IR in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Darwish O, Kapur P, Youssef R, Bagrodia A, Belsante M, Alhalabi F, et al. Cumulative number of altered biomarkers in mammalian target of rapamycin pathway is an independent predictor of outcome in patients with clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Urology. 2013;81:581-6 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the association of the altered expression of the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) pathway components with oncologic outcomes in patients with nonmetastatic clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC)...
- Yamamoto Y, Yin M, Gaynor R. IkappaB kinase alpha (IKKalpha) regulation of IKKbeta kinase activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:3655-66 pubmed..These results indicate that IKKalpha, in addition to its previously described ability to phosphorylate IkappaBalpha, can increase the ability of IKKbeta to phosphorylate IkappaBalpha. ..
- Charite J, McFadden D, Merlo G, Levi G, Clouthier D, Yanagisawa M, et al. Role of Dlx6 in regulation of an endothelin-1-dependent, dHAND branchial arch enhancer. Genes Dev. 2001;15:3039-49 pubmed..These results suggest that Dlx6 acts as an intermediary between ET-1 signaling and dHAND transcription during craniofacial morphogenesis. ..
- Rahman Z, Schwarz J, Gold S, Zachariou V, Wein M, Choi K, et al. RGS9 modulates dopamine signaling in the basal ganglia. Neuron. 2003;38:941-52 pubmed
- Wong K, Sharma A, Awasthi S, Matlock E, Rogers L, Van Lint C, et al. HIV-1 Tat interactions with p300 and PCAF transcriptional coactivators inhibit histone acetylation and neurotrophin signaling through CREB. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:9390-9 pubmed..Importantly, these findings suggest that HIV-1 Tat-coactivator interactions may contribute to neurotrophin signaling impairments and neuronal apoptosis associated with HIV-1 infections of the CNS. ..
- Luo X, Shin D, Wang X, Konieczny S, Muallem S. Aberrant localization of intracellular organelles, Ca2+ signaling, and exocytosis in Mist1 null mice. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12668-75 pubmed..The studies also reveal the spare capacity of the exocrine pancreas that allows normal growth and development in the face of compromised exocrine pancreatic function. ..
- Zhao L, Dong H, Zhang C, Kinch L, Osawa M, Iacovino M, et al. A JAK2 interdomain linker relays Epo receptor engagement signals to kinase activation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:26988-98 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the SH2-pseudokinase domain linker acts as a switch that relays cytokine engagement to JAK2 activation by flexing the pseudokinase domain hinge. ..
- Burnaevskiy N, Fox T, Plymire D, Ertelt J, Weigele B, Selyunin A, et al. Proteolytic elimination of N-myristoyl modifications by the Shigella virulence factor IpaJ. Nature. 2013;496:106-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings show a previously unrecognized pathogenic mechanism for the site-specific elimination of N-myristoyl protein modification...
- Xu P. Eppendorf 2005 winner. A Drosophila OBP required for pheromone signaling. Science. 2005;310:798-9 pubmed
- Singleton K, Parvaze N, Dama K, Chen K, Jennings P, Purtic B, et al. A large T cell invagination with CD2 enrichment resets receptor engagement in the immunological synapse. J Immunol. 2006;177:4402-13 pubmed..Based on this characterization, we speculate that the T cell invagination, aided by CD2 enrichment, internalizes parts of the TCR signaling machinery to reset T cell signaling upon agonist-mediated, stable APC contact. ..
- Wang J, Sun H, Macia E, Kirchhausen T, Watson H, Bonifacino J, et al. PI4P promotes the recruitment of the GGA adaptor proteins to the trans-Golgi network and regulates their recognition of the ubiquitin sorting signal. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:2646-55 pubmed
- Kang C, You Y, Avery L. Dual roles of autophagy in the survival of Caenorhabditis elegans during starvation. Genes Dev. 2007;21:2161-71 pubmed..Taken together, our results demonstrate that autophagy can have either prosurvival or prodeath functions in an organism, depending on its level of activation. ..
- Xu K, Sacharidou A, Fu S, Chong D, Skaug B, Chen Z, et al. Blood vessel tubulogenesis requires Rasip1 regulation of GTPase signaling. Dev Cell. 2011;20:526-39 pubmed publisher..This study identifies Rasip1 as a unique, endothelial-specific regulator of Rho GTPase signaling, which is essential for blood vessel morphogenesis. ..
- Fustino N, Rakheja D, Ateek C, Neumann J, Amatruda J. Bone morphogenetic protein signalling activity distinguishes histological subsets of paediatric germ cell tumours. Int J Androl. 2011;34:e218-33 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that the BMP signalling pathway may represent a new therapeutical target for childhood GCTs. ..
- Chamseddin K, Khan S, Nguyen M, Antosh M, Morris S, Kolli S, et al. takeout-dependent longevity is associated with altered Juvenile Hormone signaling. Mech Ageing Dev. 2012;133:637-46 pubmed publisher..takeout may control fertility via modulation of courtship behavior. This regulation may occur through Juvenile Hormone binding to takeout and a subsequent reduction in Juvenile Hormone signaling activity. ..
- Li Y, Yui D, Luikart B, McKay R, Li Y, Rubenstein J, et al. Conditional ablation of brain-derived neurotrophic factor-TrkB signaling impairs striatal neuron development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:15491-6 pubmed..Thus, our results establish an essential function for TrkB in regulating the development of striatal neurons. ..
- Ishikawa T, Yuhanna I, Umetani J, Lee W, Korach K, Shaul P, et al. LXR?/estrogen receptor-? signaling in lipid rafts preserves endothelial integrity. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:3488-97 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that LXR? has nonnuclear function in EC caveolae/lipid rafts that entails crosstalk with ER?, which promotes NO production and maintains endothelial monolayer integrity in vivo. ..
- Yamamoto Y, Gaynor R. Role of the NF-kappaB pathway in the pathogenesis of human disease states. Curr Mol Med. 2001;1:287-96 pubmed..Strategies to prevent prolonged activation of the NF-kappaB pathway are also discussed. ..
- Rothrock C, Cannon B, Hahm B, Lynch K. A conserved signal-responsive sequence mediates activation-induced alternative splicing of CD45. Mol Cell. 2003;12:1317-24 pubmed..Additionally, we show that this regulatory element has homology to sequences in other signal-regulated genes, suggesting that the alternative splicing of large families of genes may be regulated by common signaling pathways. ..
- Ye S, Li Y, Chen L, Jiang Y. Crystal structures of a ligand-free MthK gating ring: insights into the ligand gating mechanism of K+ channels. Cell. 2006;126:1161-73 pubmed publisher..Our findings, along with the previously determined open MthK structure, allow us to elucidate the ligand gating mechanism of RCK-regulated K(+) channels...
- Kuwahara K, Wang Y, McAnally J, Richardson J, Bassel Duby R, Hill J, et al. TRPC6 fulfills a calcineurin signaling circuit during pathologic cardiac remodeling. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:3114-26 pubmed..These findings implicate TRPC6 as a positive regulator of calcineurin-NFAT signaling and a key component of a calcium-dependent regulatory loop that drives pathologic cardiac remodeling. ..
- Wu T, Qin X, Kurepa Z, Kumar K, Liu K, Kanta H, et al. Shared signaling networks active in B cells isolated from genetically distinct mouse models of lupus. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:2186-96 pubmed
- Park S, Ramnarain D, Hatanpaa K, Mickey B, Saha D, Paulmurugan R, et al. The death domain-containing kinase RIP1 regulates p27(Kip1) levels through the PI3K-Akt-forkhead pathway. EMBO Rep. 2008;9:766-73 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that overexpression of p27(Kip1) blocks the effects of RIP1 on the cell cycle. Thus, our study provides a new insight into how components of inflammatory and immune signalling pathways regulate cell-cycle progression. ..
- Rasko D, Moreira C, Li D, Reading N, Ritchie J, Waldor M, et al. Targeting QseC signaling and virulence for antibiotic development. Science. 2008;321:1078-80 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of signaling offers a strategy for the development of broad-spectrum antimicrobial drugs...
- San Miguel S, Serrano M, Sachar A, Henkemeyer M, Svoboda K, Benson M. Ephrin reverse signaling controls palate fusion via a PI3 kinase-dependent mechanism. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:357-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, ephrin reverse signaling is necessary and sufficient to induce palate fusion independent of TGF?3. These data describe both a novel role for ephrins in palate morphogenesis, and a previously unknown mechanism of ephrin signaling...
- Thakar S, Chenaux G, Henkemeyer M. Critical roles for EphB and ephrin-B bidirectional signalling in retinocollicular mapping. Nat Commun. 2011;2:431 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that both forward and reverse signalling initiated by EphB:ephrin-B interactions have a major role in dorsoventral retinal ganglion cell axon termination along the mediolateral axis of the superior colliculus. ..
- Shetty S, Ramos Román M, Cho Y, Brown J, Plutzky J, Muise E, et al. Enhanced fatty acid flux triggered by adiponectin overexpression. Endocrinology. 2012;153:113-22 pubmed publisher..Interactions between adiponectin and retinoids may underlie adiponectin's effects on intermediary metabolism. ..
- Toocheck C, Clister T, Shupe J, Crum C, Ravindranathan P, Lee T, et al. Mouse Spermatogenesis Requires Classical and Nonclassical Testosterone Signaling. Biol Reprod. 2016;94:11 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these observations indicate that classical and nonclassical testosterone signaling regulate overlapping and distinct functions that are required for the maintenance of spermatogenesis and male fertility. ..
- FlÃ´res D, Bettilyon C, Yamazaki S. Period-independent novel circadian oscillators revealed by timed exercise and palatable meals. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21945 pubmed publisher..Entrainment of these novel oscillators by palatable snacks and timed exercise could become novel therapeutics for human conditions caused by disruptions of the circadian clocks. ..
- Jiang J. CK1 in Developmental Signaling: Hedgehog and Wnt. Curr Top Dev Biol. 2017;123:303-329 pubmed publisher..I will highlight this feature in the context of Hh signaling and draw interesting parallels between the Hh and Wnt pathways. ..
- Kasiri S, Shao C, Chen B, Wilson A, Yenerall P, Timmons B, et al. GLI1 Blockade Potentiates the Antitumor Activity of PI3K Antagonists in Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4448-4459 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(16); 4448-59. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Linder M, Ewald D, Miller R, Gilman A. Purification and characterization of Go alpha and three types of Gi alpha after expression in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:8243-51 pubmed..These results are consistent with the hypothesis that G protein beta gamma subunits are primarily responsible for inhibition of adenylyl cyclase activity. ..
- Talluri S, Bhatt A, Smith D. Identification of a Drosophila G protein alpha subunit (dGq alpha-3) expressed in chemosensory cells and central neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:11475-9 pubmed
- Ranganayakulu G, Schulz R, Olson E. Wingless signaling induces nautilus expression in the ventral mesoderm of the Drosophila embryo. Dev Biol. 1996;176:143-8 pubmed..Our results, combined with recent studies from chick, suggest a conserved role for Wg signaling pathways during muscle development. ..
- Schuppin G, Pons S, Hugl S, Aiello L, King G, White M, et al. A specific increased expression of insulin receptor substrate 2 in pancreatic beta-cell lines is involved in mediating serum-stimulated beta-cell growth. Diabetes. 1998;47:1074-85 pubmed..It is conceivable that IRS-2 expression in beta-cells contributes to maintaining the islet beta-cell population, complementary to observations in the IRS-2 knockout mouse in which beta-cell mass is markedly reduced. ..
- Yamamoto M, Hilgemann D, Feng S, Bito H, Ishihara H, Shibasaki Y, et al. Phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate induces actin stress-fiber formation and inhibits membrane ruffling in CV1 cells. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:867-76 pubmed
- Olson E. Development. The path to the heart and the road not taken. Science. 2001;291:2327-8 pubmed