Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein binding in Houston, Texas, United States
Locale: Houston, Texas, United States
Topic: protein binding
Publications585 found, 100 shown here
- Cara L, Baitemirova M, Follis J, Larios Sanz M, Ribes Zamora A. The ATM- and ATR-related SCD domain is over-represented in proteins involved in nervous system development. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19050 pubmed publisher..This finding suggests that ATM/ATR could be directly involved in controlling this process, which may be linked to the adverse neurological effects observed in patients with mutations in ATM. ..
- Gan L, Mao C, Wikramanayake A, Angerer L, Angerer R, Klein W. An orthodenticle-related protein from Strongylocentrotus purpuratus. Dev Biol. 1995;167:517-28 pubmed..Our results suggest that SpOtx plays a role in the activation of the Spec2a gene and most likely has additional functions in the developing sea urchin embryo. ..
- Valdez B, Perlaky L, Henning D, Saijo Y, Chan P, Busch H. Identification of the nuclear and nucleolar localization signals of the protein p120. Interaction with translocation protein B23. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:23776-83 pubmed..Deletion analysis showed that amino acids 187-215 of protein B23 bound to protein p120. The results suggest that protein B23 may be part of the mechanism of protein targeting to the nucleolus. ..
- Zhou Y, Zheng J, Gu X, Li W, Saunders G. A novel Pax-6 binding site in rodent B1 repetitive elements: coevolution between developmental regulation and repeated elements?. Gene. 2000;245:319-28 pubmed
- Charlet B N, Logan P, Singh G, Cooper T. Dynamic antagonism between ETR-3 and PTB regulates cell type-specific alternative splicing. Mol Cell. 2002;9:649-58 pubmed..We conclude that cell-specific regulation results from the dominance of one among actively competing regulatory states rather than modulation of a nonregulated default state. ..
- Jung K, Trivedi V, Spudich J. Demonstration of a sensory rhodopsin in eubacteria. Mol Microbiol. 2003;47:1513-22 pubmed
- Doyle C, Davis B, Cook R, Rich R, Rodgers J. Hyperconservation of the N-formyl peptide binding site of M3: evidence that M3 is an old eutherian molecule with conserved recognition of a pathogen-associated molecular pattern. J Immunol. 2003;171:836-44 pubmed..Such MHC PRR molecules could have been preadaptations for the evolution of acquired immunity during the early vertebrate radiation. ..
- Qin H, Carr H, Wu X, Muallem D, Tran N, Frost J. Characterization of the biochemical and transforming properties of the neuroepithelial transforming protein 1. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:7603-13 pubmed
- Owerbach D, McKay E, Yeh E, Gabbay K, Bohren K. A proline-90 residue unique to SUMO-4 prevents maturation and sumoylation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;337:517-20 pubmed..Native SUMO-4, thus, appears to be unable to form covalent isopeptide bonds with substrates. A biological role of SUMO-4, through non-covalent interactions is proposed. ..
- Desai A, Salim S, Standifer K, Eikenburg D. Involvement of G protein-coupled receptor kinase (GRK) 3 and GRK2 in down-regulation of the alpha2B-adrenoceptor. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2006;317:1027-35 pubmed
- Winter H, Marriott S. Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 Tax enhances serum response factor DNA binding and alters site selection. J Virol. 2007;81:6089-98 pubmed..These results suggest that Tax activates SRF-responsive transcription by enhancing its binding affinity to multiple different SRE sequences. ..
- Atassi M, Dolimbek B, Jankovic J, Steward L, Aoki K. Molecular recognition of botulinum neurotoxin B heavy chain by human antibodies from cervical dystonia patients that develop immunoresistance to toxin treatment. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:3878-88 pubmed publisher..These regions afford candidates for epitope-specific manipulation of anti-toxin immune responses. ..
- Franco H, Rubel C, Large M, Wetendorf M, Fernandez Valdivia R, Jeong J, et al. Epithelial progesterone receptor exhibits pleiotropic roles in uterine development and function. FASEB J. 2012;26:1218-27 pubmed publisher..Thus, epithelial PR is necessary for the regulation of progesterone epithelial target gene expression, as well as uterine function and development...
- Hodgson A, Hyser J, Keasler V, Cang Y, Slagle B. Hepatitis B virus regulatory HBx protein binding to DDB1 is required but is not sufficient for maximal HBV replication. Virology. 2012;426:73-82 pubmed publisher..Finally we demonstrate that HBx localizes to the Cul4A-DDB1 complex, and discuss the possible implications for models of HBV replication. ..
- Wang J, Feng X, Schwartz R. SUMO-1 modification activated GATA4-dependent cardiogenic gene activity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:49091-8 pubmed..GATA4 was identified as a SUMO-1-targeted transcription factor and together with PIAS1 was shown to be a potent regulator of cardiac gene activity. ..
- Feng Q, Yi P, Wong J, O Malley B. Signaling within a coactivator complex: methylation of SRC-3/AIB1 is a molecular switch for complex disassembly. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7846-57 pubmed..We propose that CARM1 is a dual-function coactivator, as it not only activates transcription by modifying core histone tails but also terminates hormone signaling by disassembly of the coactivator complex. ..
- Sun T, Sun Y, Lee C, Huang H. Membrane permeability of hydrocarbon-cross-linked peptides. Biophys J. 2013;104:1923-32 pubmed publisher..We emphasize that not all peptides that bind to lipid bilayers in the ?-helical form behave this way. ..
- Zhang X, Lu X, Akhter S, Georgescu M, Legerski R. FANCI is a negative regulator of Akt activation. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:1134-43 pubmed publisher..Our findings describe an unexpected function for FANCI in the regulation of Akt and define a previously unrecognized intersection between the PI3K-Akt and FA pathways. ..
- Lane C, Cushman I, Moore M. Selective disruption of nuclear import by a functional mutant nuclear transport carrier. J Cell Biol. 2000;151:321-32 pubmed
- Li C, Tu S. Active site hydrophobicity is critical to the bioluminescence activity of Vibrio harveyi luciferase. Biochemistry. 2005;44:12970-7 pubmed..The locations of these four critical Phe residues in relation to other essential and/or hydrophobic residues are depicted in a refined map of the active site. Functional implications of these residues are discussed. ..
- Chen M, GUERRERO A, Huang L, Shabier Z, Pan M, Tan T, et al. Caspase-9-induced mitochondrial disruption through cleavage of anti-apoptotic BCL-2 family members. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:33888-95 pubmed..Our data suggest that a caspase-9 signaling cascade induces feedback disruption of the mitochondrion through cleavage of anti-apoptotic Bcl-2, Bcl-xL, and Mcl-1. ..
- Zheng D, Ezzeddine N, Chen C, Zhu W, He X, Shyu A. Deadenylation is prerequisite for P-body formation and mRNA decay in mammalian cells. J Cell Biol. 2008;182:89-101 pubmed publisher..These results support a dynamic interplay among deadenylation, mRNP remodeling, and P-body formation in selective decay of mammalian mRNA...
- Choe J, Bakthavatsalam D, Phillips J, Gomer R. Dictyostelium cells bind a secreted autocrine factor that represses cell proliferation. BMC Biochem. 2009;10:4 pubmed publisher..Combined with the results presented here, this suggests that CrlA is not the AprA or CfaD receptor, and may be the receptor for an unknown third factor that is required for AprA and CfaD activity. ..
- Dai F, Lin X, Chang C, Feng X. Nuclear export of Smad2 and Smad3 by RanBP3 facilitates termination of TGF-beta signaling. Dev Cell. 2009;16:345-57 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study supports a definitive role for RanBP3 in mediating Smad2/3 nuclear export and terminating TGF-beta signaling. ..
- Wang W, Shao R, Wu Q, Ke S, McMurray J, Lang F, et al. Targeting gelatinases with a near-infrared fluorescent cyclic His-Try-Gly-Phe peptide. Mol Imaging Biol. 2009;11:424-33 pubmed publisher..Cy5.5-C6 may be a useful agent for molecular imaging of gelatinases. The approach of producing stable cyclic peptides through side chain amide linkage should be applicable to other peptide-based imaging agents. ..
- Cabral M, Anjard C, Malhotra V, Loomis W, Kuspa A. Unconventional secretion of AcbA in Dictyostelium discoideum through a vesicular intermediate. Eukaryot Cell. 2010;9:1009-17 pubmed publisher..We suggest that these AcbA-containing vesicles are secretion intermediates and that GRASP functions at a late step leading to the docking/fusion of these vesicles at the cell surface...
- Choi K, Grass S, Paek S, St Geme J, Yeo H. The Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae HMW1C-like glycosyltransferase mediates N-linked glycosylation of the Haemophilus influenzae HMW1 adhesin. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15888 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a new subfamily of HMW1C-like glycosyltransferases distinct from other GT41 family O-glycosyltransferases. ..
- Rubel C, Lanz R, Kommagani R, Franco H, Lydon J, DeMayo F. Research resource: Genome-wide profiling of progesterone receptor binding in the mouse uterus. Mol Endocrinol. 2012;26:1428-42 pubmed publisher..Future analysis promises to reveal the PR interactome and, in turn, potential therapeutic targets for the diagnosis and/or treatment of endometrial dysfunction...
- Hoke D, Regisford E, Julian J, Amin A, Bègue Kirn C, Carson D. Murine HIP/L29 is a heparin-binding protein with a restricted pattern of expression in adult tissues. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:25148-57 pubmed..Collectively, these data indicate that murine HIP/L29, like its human ortholog, is a Hp-binding protein expressed in a restricted manner in adult tissues. ..
- Li F, Adam L, Vadlamudi R, Zhou H, Sen S, Chernoff J, et al. p21-activated kinase 1 interacts with and phosphorylates histone H3 in breast cancer cells. EMBO Rep. 2002;3:767-73 pubmed..Together, these results suggest for the first time that Pak1 interacts with and phosphorylates histone H3 and may thus influence the Pak1-histone H3 pathway, which in turn may influence mitotic events in breast cancer cells. ..
- Aumais J, Williams S, Luo W, Nishino M, Caldwell K, Caldwell G, et al. Role for NudC, a dynein-associated nuclear movement protein, in mitosis and cytokinesis. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:1991-2003 pubmed..Our findings suggest that NudC functions in mitosis and cytokinesis, in part by regulating microtubule organization at the midzone and midbody. ..
- Shao H, Cheng H, Cook R, Tweardy D. Identification and characterization of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 recruitment sites within the epidermal growth factor receptor. Cancer Res. 2003;63:3923-30 pubmed..When delivered into squamous carcinoma cells, phosphopeptides spanning Y1068 and Y1086 were able to inhibit EGFR-stimulated Stat3 DNA binding activity and cell proliferation. ..
- Umeda M, Izaddoost S, Cushman I, Moore M, Sazer S. The fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe has two importin-alpha proteins, Imp1p and Cut15p, which have common and unique functions in nucleocytoplasmic transport and cell cycle progression. Genetics. 2005;171:7-21 pubmed..Imp1p and Cut15p are essential for efficient nuclear protein import in S. pombe. ..
- Zolman B, Monroe Augustus M, Silva I, Bartel B. Identification and functional characterization of Arabidopsis PEROXIN4 and the interacting protein PEROXIN22. Plant Cell. 2005;17:3422-35 pubmed..Isocitrate lyase is stabilized in pex4 pex22, indicating that PEX4 and PEX22 may be important during the remodeling of peroxisome matrix contents as glyoxysomes transition to leaf peroxisomes. ..
- Chen C, Yeh M, Geyer M, Wang G, Huang M, Heggeness M, et al. Interactions between collagen IX and biglycan measured by atomic force microscopy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;339:204-8 pubmed..This result suggested that type IX collagen and biglycan interaction may be the weak link in the cartilage collagen architecture, vulnerable to abnormal joint force and associated with disorders such as osteoarthritis. ..
- Cardo Vila M, Zurita A, Giordano R, Sun J, Rangel R, Guzman Rojas L, et al. A ligand peptide motif selected from a cancer patient is a receptor-interacting site within human interleukin-11. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3452 pubmed publisher..Given that IL-11R alpha has been proposed as a target in human cancer, our results provide clues for the rational design of targeted drugs. ..
- Chen L, Nowak B, Ayres M, Krett N, Rosen S, Zhang S, et al. Inhibition of ATP synthase by chlorinated adenosine analogue. Biochem Pharmacol. 2009;78:583-91 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our current work suggests that 8-Cl-ADP may serve as a substrate and the 8-Cl-ATP may be an inhibitor of ATP synthase. ..
- Vayttaden S, Friedman J, Tran T, Rich T, Dessauer C, Clark R. Quantitative modeling of GRK-mediated beta2AR regulation. PLoS Comput Biol. 2010;6:e1000647 pubmed publisher..It also provides insight into how the signaling machinery can retain memory of prior stimulation long after near complete resensitization has been achieved. ..
- Jain A, Allton K, Iacovino M, Mahen E, Milczarek R, Zwaka T, et al. p53 regulates cell cycle and microRNAs to promote differentiation of human embryonic stem cells. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001268 pubmed publisher..These studies underscore the importance of a p53-regulated network in determining the human stem cell state. ..
- Cunningham S, Arrate M, Brock T, Waxham M. Interactions of FLT-1 and KDR with phospholipase C gamma: identification of the phosphotyrosine binding sites. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;240:635-9 pubmed..We conclude that both Flt-1 and KDR have the potential to signal through PLC gamma via phosphotyrosine residues located in juxta-membrane and carboxyl tail regions. ..
- Williams B, Hamilton S, Sarkar H. The survival motor neuron protein interacts with the transactivator FUSE binding protein from human fetal brain. FEBS Lett. 2000;470:207-10 pubmed..These results demonstrate that FBP is a novel interacting partner of SMN and suggests a possible role for SMN in neuronal gene expression. ..
- Smolen P, Baxter D, Byrne J. Modeling circadian oscillations with interlocking positive and negative feedback loops. J Neurosci. 2001;21:6644-56 pubmed..Circadian oscillations were only obtained if time delays were included to represent processes not modeled in detail (e.g., transcription and translation). In both models, oscillations were preserved when positive feedback was removed. ..
- Wang Y, Shirogane T, Liu D, Harper J, Elledge S. Exit from exit: resetting the cell cycle through Amn1 inhibition of G protein signaling. Cell. 2003;112:697-709 pubmed..Thus, Amn1 is part of a daughter-specific switch that helps cells exit from mitotic exit and reset the cell cycle. ..
- Yan Q, Sun W, McNew J, Vida T, Bean A. Ca2+ and N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor differentially regulate disassembly of SNARE complexes on early endosomes. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:18270-6 pubmed..The release of Ca(2+) from the endosome lumen dissociates Hrs, allowing a VAMP-2-containing complex to form enabling fusion. ..
- Nair S, Mishra S, Yang Z, Balasenthil S, Kumar R, Vadlamudi R. Potential role of a novel transcriptional coactivator PELP1 in histone H1 displacement in cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2004;64:6416-23 pubmed..Our results provide novel insights about the transcription regulation of PELP1 and suggest that PELP1 participates in chromatin remodeling activity via displacement of histone 1 in cancer cells. ..
- Berka V, Yeh H, Gao D, Kiran F, Tsai A. Redox function of tetrahydrobiopterin and effect of L-arginine on oxygen binding in endothelial nitric oxide synthase. Biochemistry. 2004;43:13137-48 pubmed
- Huang W, Zhang J, Washington M, Liu J, Parant J, Lozano G, et al. Xenobiotic stress induces hepatomegaly and liver tumors via the nuclear receptor constitutive androstane receptor. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:1646-53 pubmed
- Fu J, Yoon H, Qin J, Wong J. Regulation of P-TEFb elongation complex activity by CDK9 acetylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4641-51 pubmed..These results suggest that acetylation of CDK9 is an important posttranslational modification that is involved in regulating P-TEFb transcriptional elongation function. ..
- Li H, Liang S. Local network topology in human protein interaction data predicts functional association. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6410 pubmed publisher..Our study gives clear insight into the common neighbor-based prediction scheme and provides a reliable method for large-scale functional annotation in this post-genomic era. ..
- Mancuso J, Qian Y, Long C, Wu G, Wensel T. Distribution of RGS9-2 in neurons of the mouse striatum. J Neurochem. 2010;112:651-61 pubmed publisher..An important nuclear function for RGS9-2 seems unlikely. ..
- Yeh H, Ogawa K, Balatoni J, Mukhapadhyay U, Pal A, Gonzalez Lepera C, et al. Molecular imaging of active mutant L858R EGF receptor (EGFR) kinase-expressing nonsmall cell lung carcinomas using PET/CT. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:1603-8 pubmed publisher..e., iressa, gefitinib, and erlotinib). ..
- Ganesh V, Barbu E, Deivanayagam C, Le B, Anderson A, Matsuka Y, et al. Structural and biochemical characterization of Staphylococcus aureus clumping factor B/ligand interactions. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:25963-72 pubmed publisher..A common motif GSSGXG found in both ligands is part of the ClfB-binding site. This motif is found in many human proteins thus raising the possibility that ClfB recognizes additional ligands. ..
- Joshi M, Moran S, Beckingham K, MacKenzie K. Structure of androcam supports specialized interactions with myosin VI. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:13290-5 pubmed publisher..We discuss how gene duplication and mutations that selectively stabilize one of the many conformations available to calmodulin support the molecular evolution of structurally and functionally distinct calmodulin-like proteins. ..
- Gu Z, Li Y, Lee P, Liu T, Wan C, Wang Z. Protein arginine methyltransferase 5 functions in opposite ways in the cytoplasm and nucleus of prostate cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44033 pubmed publisher..These results imply a novel mechanism by which PRMT5 controls cell growth and contributes to prostate tumorigenesis. ..
- Lee S, Lee I, Jung Y, McConkey D, Czerniak B. In-frame cDNA library combined with protein complementation assay identifies ARL11-binding partners. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52290 pubmed publisher..Thus, the in-frame cDNA library without 5'-UTRs we describe here increases the chance of correctly identifying protein interactions and will have wide applications in both mammalian and non-mammalian detection systems. ..
- Alpadi K, Kulkarni A, Namjoshi S, Srinivasan S, Sippel K, Ayscough K, et al. Dynamin-SNARE interactions control trans-SNARE formation in intracellular membrane fusion. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1704 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insight into the role of dynamins in membrane fusion by directly acting on SNARE proteins. ..
- Adam L, Vadlamudi R, Kondapaka S, Chernoff J, Mendelsohn J, Kumar R. Heregulin regulates cytoskeletal reorganization and cell migration through the p21-activated kinase-1 via phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:28238-46 pubmed
- Yu Z, Zhang W, Kone B. Signal transducers and activators of transcription 3 (STAT3) inhibits transcription of the inducible nitric oxide synthase gene by interacting with nuclear factor kappaB. Biochem J. 2002;367:97-105 pubmed..These results provide a new model for the termination of NO production by activated iNOS following exposure to pro-inflammatory stimuli. ..
- McMurray J. A new small-molecule Stat3 inhibitor. Chem Biol. 2006;13:1123-4 pubmed..Stattic is a new tool for studying Stat3 signaling and demonstrates that the SH2 domain is not a dead target. ..
- Yu C, York B, Wang S, Feng Q, Xu J, O Malley B. An essential function of the SRC-3 coactivator in suppression of cytokine mRNA translation and inflammatory response. Mol Cell. 2007;25:765-78 pubmed..Collectively, our studies reveal an essential function of SRC-3 as a coordinator of inflammatory mRNA translation and as a physiologic protective factor against the lethal endotoxic shock triggered by an acute inflammatory response. ..
- Chen D, Luke K, Zhang J, Chiu W, Wittung Stafshede P. Location and flexibility of the unique C-terminal tail of Aquifex aeolicus co-chaperonin protein 10 as derived by cryo-electron microscopy and biophysical techniques. J Mol Biol. 2008;381:707-17 pubmed publisher..In addition, the 3D variance coefficient map identifies several regions inside the GroEL-Aacpn10 complex that have flexible conformations. This observation is in full agreement with the structural properties of an effective chaperonin. ..
- Wang J, Chen J. SIRT1 regulates autoacetylation and histone acetyltransferase activity of TIP60. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:11458-64 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data reveal TIP60 autoacetylation as a key step in the control of its histone acetyltransferase activity and function in response to DNA damage. ..
- Tikunova S, Liu B, Swindle N, Little S, Gomes A, Swartz D, et al. Effect of calcium-sensitizing mutations on calcium binding and exchange with troponin C in increasingly complex biochemical systems. Biochemistry. 2010;49:1975-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, both the intrinsic properties of TnC and its interactions with the other contractile proteins play a crucial role in modulating the binding of calcium to TnC in increasingly complex biochemical systems. ..
- Mittendorf E, Tucker S, McKenzie T, Qiao N, Akli S, Biernacka A, et al. A novel interaction between HER2/neu and cyclin E in breast cancer. Oncogene. 2010;29:3896-907 pubmed publisher..LMW cyclin E has prognostic and predictive roles in HER2-overexpressing breast cancer, warranting further study of its potential as a therapeutic target. ..
- Schumacher M, Sprehe M, Bartholomae M, Hillen W, Brennan R. Structures of carbon catabolite protein A-(HPr-Ser46-P) bound to diverse catabolite response element sites reveal the basis for high-affinity binding to degenerate DNA operators. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:2931-42 pubmed publisher..Indeed, biochemical data show that CcpA-(HPr-Ser46-P) binds the three cre sites with similar affinities. Thus, the data reveal properties that license this protein to function as a global transcription regulator. ..
- Miki T, Matsumoto T, Zhao Z, Lee C. p53 regulates Period2 expression and the circadian clock. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2444 pubmed publisher..Behaviourally, p53?/? mice have a shorter period length that lacks stability, and they exhibit impaired photo-entrainment to a light pulse under a free-running state. Our studies demonstrate that p53 modulates mouse circadian behaviour. ..
- Shigaki T, Cheng N, Pittman J, Hirschi K. Structural determinants of Ca2+ transport in the Arabidopsis H+/Ca2+ antiporter CAX1. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:43152-9 pubmed..This nine-amino acid region is highly variable among the plant CAX-like transporters. These findings suggest that this region is involved in CAX-mediated Ca(2+) specificity. ..
- Bondos S, Catanese D, Tan X, Bicknell A, Li L, Matthews K. Hox transcription factor ultrabithorax Ib physically and genetically interacts with disconnected interacting protein 1, a double-stranded RNA-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:26433-44 pubmed..The strong interaction of Ubx with an RNA-binding protein suggests a wider range of proteins may influence Ubx function than previously appreciated. ..
- Mishra S, Talukder A, Gururaj A, Yang Z, Singh R, Mahoney M, et al. Upstream determinants of estrogen receptor-alpha regulation of metastatic tumor antigen 3 pathway. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:32709-15 pubmed..These studies provide novel insights into the transregulation of the MTA3 gene and reveal novel roles of upstream determinants in modifying the outcome of MTA3 axis and cell differentiation. ..
- Zhang C, Cho K, Huang Y, Lyons J, Zhou X, Sinha K, et al. Inhibition of Wnt signaling by the osteoblast-specific transcription factor Osterix. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:6936-41 pubmed publisher..Our results add a layer of control to Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in bone. ..
- Wu Y, Song S, Sun J, Bruner J, Fuller G, Zhang W. IIp45 inhibits cell migration through inhibition of HDAC6. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:3554-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, we report here for the first time a novel mechanism by which IIp45 inhibits cell motility through inhibition of HDAC6. ..
- Zhou H, Marks J, Hittelman W, Yagita H, Cheung L, Rosenblum M, et al. Development and characterization of a potent immunoconjugate targeting the Fn14 receptor on solid tumor cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2011;10:1276-88 pubmed publisher..Our data support the use of an antibody-drug conjugate approach to selectively target and inhibit the growth of Fn14-expressing tumors. ..
- Ramakrishnan M, Alves De Melo F, Kinsey B, Ladbury J, Kosten T, Orson F. Probing cocaine-antibody interactions in buffer and human serum. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40518 pubmed publisher..The methods should be more widely adopted in characterization of antibody complexes. ..
- Zhang W, Ju J, Rigney T, TRIBBLE G. Integrin ?5?1-fimbriae binding and actin rearrangement are essential for Porphyromonas gingivalis invasion of osteoblasts and subsequent activation of the JNK pathway. BMC Microbiol. 2013;13:5 pubmed publisher..The identification of molecules critical to the interaction between P. gingivalis and osteoblasts will facilitate the development of new therapeutic strategies for the prevention of periodontal bone loss. ..
- Wise J, Berkova Z, Mathur R, Zhu H, Braun F, Tao R, et al. Nucleolin inhibits Fas ligand binding and suppresses Fas-mediated apoptosis in vivo via a surface nucleolin-Fas complex. Blood. 2013;121:4729-39 pubmed publisher..Our results show that cell surface nucleolin binds Fas, inhibits ligand binding, and thus prevents induction of Fas-mediated apoptosis in B-cell lymphomas and may serve as a new therapeutic target. ..
- Eraso J, Markillie L, Mitchell H, Taylor R, Orr G, Margolin W. The highly conserved MraZ protein is a transcriptional regulator in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2014;196:2053-66 pubmed publisher..In support of this, purified MraZ could directly bind to a putative operator site upstream of mioC, one of the repressed genes identified by RNA-seq...
- Naya F, Stellrecht C, Tsai M. Tissue-specific regulation of the insulin gene by a novel basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor. Genes Dev. 1995;9:1009-19 pubmed..Thus, a unique, cooperative interaction is the basis by which the insulin E-box enhancer discriminates between various bHLH factors to achieve tissue-specific activation of the insulin gene...
- Marwaha A, Lokhandwala M. Tempol reduces oxidative stress and restores renal dopamine D1-like receptor- G protein coupling and function in hyperglycemic rats. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2006;291:F58-66 pubmed..This leads to translocation of GRK2, subsequent phosphorylation of the D1-like receptor, its uncoupling from G proteins and loss of responsiveness to agonist stimulation. ..
- Yang D, Xiong Y, Kim H, He Q, Li Y, Chen R, et al. Human telomeric proteins occupy selective interstitial sites. Cell Res. 2011;21:1013-27 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that human telomeric proteins could occupy a limited number of interstitial sites and regulate gene transcription. ..
- Li F, Alvarez Martinez C, Chen Y, Choi K, Yeo H, Christie P. Enterococcus faecalis PrgJ, a VirB4-like ATPase, mediates pCF10 conjugative transfer through substrate binding. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:4041-51 pubmed publisher..Substrate engagement with a VirB4-like subunit has not been previously described; consequently, our studies point to a novel function for these signature T4SS ATPases in mediating early steps of type IV secretion...
- Kartvelishvili E, Tworowski D, Vernon H, Moor N, Wang J, Wong L, et al. Kinetic and structural changes in HsmtPheRS, induced by pathogenic mutations in human FARS2. Protein Sci. 2017;26:1505-1516 pubmed publisher..Using steady-state kinetic measurements of phenylalanine activation and tRNAPhe aminoacylation, we gained insight into the structural and kinetic effects of mitochondrial disease-related mutations in FARS2 gene. ..
- Li L, Elledge S, Peterson C, Bales E, Legerski R. Specific association between the human DNA repair proteins XPA and ERCC1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:5012-6 pubmed..These results suggest that XPA may play a role in the localization or loading of an incision complex, composed of ERCC1 and possibly other repair factors, onto a damaged site. ..
- Chen A, Zhou G, Juan T, Colicos S, Cannon J, Cabriera Hansen M, et al. The dual specificity JKAP specifically activates the c-Jun N-terminal kinase pathway. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36592-601 pubmed..Taken together, these studies identify a positive regulator for the JNK pathway and suggest a novel role for DSP in mitogen-activated protein kinase regulation. ..
- Yang Z, Barnes C, Kumar R. Human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 status modulates subcellular localization of and interaction with estrogen receptor alpha in breast cancer cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:3621-8 pubmed