Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on pregnancy in Dallas, Texas, United States
Locale: Dallas, Texas, United States
Publications138 found, 100 shown here
- Le L, Liu C, Shipman T, Chen Z, Suter U, Parada L. Susceptible stages in Schwann cells for NF1-associated plexiform neurofibroma development. Cancer Res. 2011;71:4686-95 pubmed publisher..This model has important implications for understanding early cellular events that dictate neurofibroma development, as well as for the development of novel therapies targeting these tumors. ..
- Sheth V, Pandya A. Melasma: a comprehensive update: part I. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2011;65:689-697 pubmed publisher..A thorough understanding of the etiology of melasma and the research tools available to study this condition are crucial to enhancing management and developing novel targeted therapies of this often frustrating condition. ..
- Wyckoff M, Salhab W, Heyne R, Kendrick D, Stoll B, Laptook A. Outcome of extremely low birth weight infants who received delivery room cardiopulmonary resuscitation. J Pediatr. 2012;160:239-244.e2 pubmed publisher..DR-CPR is a prognostic marker for higher rates of mortality and NDI for extremely low birth weight infants. New DR-CPR strategies are needed for this population. ..
- Greer L, Casey B, Halvorson L, Spong C, McIntire D, Cunningham F. Antithyroid antibodies and parity: further evidence for microchimerism in autoimmune thyroid disease. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011;205:471.e1-4 pubmed publisher..002). Advancing parity is associated with an increased risk for high serum concentrations of antithyroid peroxidase antibodies. This suggests fetal microchimerism may play a role in development of autoimmune thyroid disorders. ..
- Greer L, Ziadie M, Casey B, Rogers B, McIntire D, Leveno K. An immunologic basis for placental insufficiency in fetal growth restriction. Am J Perinatol. 2012;29:533-8 pubmed publisher..These findings support an immunologic basis for fetal growth restriction. ..
- Alexander J, Wortman A. Intrapartum hemorrhage. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2013;40:15-26 pubmed publisher..Prompt recognition of blood loss, identification of the source of the hemorrhage, volume resuscitation, including red blood cells and blood products when required, will result in excellent maternal outcomes. ..
- Thomas S, Sheffield J, Roberts S. Thionamide-induced neutropenia and ecthyma in a pregnant patient with hyperthyroidism. Obstet Gynecol. 2013;122:490-2 pubmed publisher..This complication puts pregnant patients at particular risk for infections. Obstetricians caring for such patients have the difficult task of deciding between conservative or surgical management...
- Little B, Snell L, Breckenridge J, Knoll K, Klein V, Gilstrap L. Effects of T's and blues abuse on pregnancy outcome and infant health status. Am J Perinatol. 1990;7:359-62 pubmed..We therefore surmise that a known teratogen (alcohol) and perinatal complications caused two of the major anomalies, and not the pentazocine-tripelennamine combination per se...
- Miller E, Word R, Goodall C, Iacopino A. Calbindin-D9K gene expression in human myometrium during pregnancy and labor. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1994;79:609-15 pubmed..These findings demonstrated for the first time that CaBP9K was present in human myometrium and suggested that it may play a role in regulating uterine smooth muscle function during pregnancy. ..
- Alexander J, McIntire D, Leveno K. Forty weeks and beyond: pregnancy outcomes by week of gestation. Obstet Gynecol. 2000;96:291-4 pubmed..1 versus 0.3%, P =. 001), as was admission to the NICU (0.4 versus 0.6%, P =.008). Routine labor induction at 41 weeks likely increases labor complications and operative delivery without significantly improving neonatal outcomes. ..
- Agarwal A, Sukumaran S, Bartz R, Barnes R, Garg A. Functional characterization of human 1-acylglycerol-3-phosphate-O-acyltransferase isoform 9: cloning, tissue distribution, gene structure, and enzymatic activity. J Endocrinol. 2007;193:445-57 pubmed..Based on the activity and expression pattern of AGPAT9 in the lung and spleen, this novel isoform could be implicated in the biosynthesis of phospholipids and TG in these tissues. ..
- Stafford I, Sheffield J. Amniotic fluid embolism. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2007;34:545-53, xii pubmed..Since then, many studies, case reports, and series have been published in an attempt to elucidate the etiology, risk factors, and pathogenesis of this mysterious obstetric complication. ..
- Wieslander C, Marinis S, Drewes P, Keller P, Acevedo J, Word R. Regulation of elastolytic proteases in the mouse vagina during pregnancy, parturition, and puerperium. Biol Reprod. 2008;78:521-8 pubmed..We conclude that recovery of the vaginal wall from pregnancy and parturition requires increased elastic fiber assembly and synthesis to counteract the marked increase in elastolytic activity of the postpartum vagina. ..
- Hawkins J, Casey B, Lo J, Moss K, McIntire D, Leveno K. Weekly compared with daily blood glucose monitoring in women with diet-treated gestational diabetes. Obstet Gynecol. 2009;113:1307-12 pubmed publisher..08 lb per week compared with 0.74, interquartile range 0.33-1.17 lb per week, P=.009). Daily blood glucose self-monitoring, compared with weekly office-based testing, is associated with a reduction in the incidence of macrosomia. II. ..
- Menter A, Korman N, Elmets C, Feldman S, Gelfand J, Gordon K, et al. Guidelines of care for the management of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis: Section 5. Guidelines of care for the treatment of psoriasis with phototherapy and photochemotherapy. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010;62:114-35 pubmed publisher..Finally, where available, we will summarize the available data that compare the safety and efficacy of the different forms of UV light therapy...
- Flores G. Devising, implementing, and evaluating interventions to eliminate health care disparities in minority children. Pediatrics. 2009;124 Suppl 3:S214-23 pubmed publisher..The intervention must also include community collaboration, minimize attrition, adjust for potential confounders, and incorporate mechanisms for sustainability. ..
- Donato J, Cravo R, Frazao R, Gautron L, Scott M, Lachey J, et al. Leptin's effect on puberty in mice is relayed by the ventral premammillary nucleus and does not require signaling in Kiss1 neurons. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:355-68 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the PMV is a key site for leptin's permissive action at the onset of puberty and support the hypothesis that the multiple actions of leptin to control metabolism and reproduction are anatomically dissociated. ..
- Mizuno M, Siddique K, Baum M, Smith S. Prenatal programming of hypertension induces sympathetic overactivity in response to physical stress. Hypertension. 2013;61:180-6 pubmed publisher..The data demonstrate that the sympathetic response to physical stress is markedly exaggerated in PPH and may play a significant role in the development of hypertension in adults born small for gestational age. ..
- Demauro S, D Agostino J, Bann C, Bernbaum J, Gerdes M, Bell E, et al. Developmental outcomes of very preterm infants with tracheostomies. J Pediatr. 2014;164:1303-10.e2 pubmed publisher..These data may inform counseling about tracheostomy in this vulnerable population. ..
- Oguro H, McDonald J, Zhao Z, Umetani M, Shaul P, Morrison S. 27-Hydroxycholesterol induces hematopoietic stem cell mobilization and extramedullary hematopoiesis during pregnancy. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3392-3401 pubmed publisher..Two different ER? ligands, estradiol and 27HC, work together to promote EMH during pregnancy, revealing a collaboration of hormonal and metabolic mechanisms as well as a physiological function for 27HC in normal mice. ..
- Wu M, Smith C, Hall J, Lee I, Luby Phelps K, Tallquist M. Epicardial spindle orientation controls cell entry into the myocardium. Dev Cell. 2010;19:114-25 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that directed mitotic spindle orientation contributes to epicardial EMT and implicate a junctional complex of beta-catenin and Numb in the regulation of spindle orientation. ..
- Rac M, Moschos E, Wells C, McIntire D, Dashe J, Twickler D. Sonographic Findings of Morbidly Adherent Placenta in the First Trimester. J Ultrasound Med. 2016;35:263-9 pubmed publisher..In women with persistent placenta previa or low-lying placenta and prior cesarean delivery, the smallest anterior myometrial thickness on first-trimester sonography significantly improved detection of morbidly adherent placenta. ..
- Dagan A, Kwon H, Dwarakanath V, Baum M. Effect of renal denervation on prenatal programming of hypertension and renal tubular transporter abundance. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2008;295:F29-34 pubmed publisher..This study is consistent with renal nerves playing a role in mediating the hypertension by prenatal programming by dexamethasone. ..
- Ghayee H, Wyne K, Yau F, Snyder W, Holt S, Gokaslan S, et al. The many faces of pheochromocytoma. J Endocrinol Invest. 2008;31:450-8 pubmed..Finally, treatment with iodinated metaiodobenzylguanidine may be a therapeutic option for those patients with metastatic pheochromocytomas. ..
- McMillan D, Kayes Wandover K, Richardson J, White P. Very large G protein-coupled receptor-1, the largest known cell surface protein, is highly expressed in the developing central nervous system. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:785-92 pubmed..Strong expression in the ventricular zone, home of neural progenitor cells during embryonal neurogenesis, suggests a fundamental role for VLGR1 in the development of the central nervous system. ..
- Sheffield J, Hill J, Hollier L, Laibl V, Roberts S, Sanchez P, et al. Valacyclovir prophylaxis to prevent recurrent herpes at delivery: a randomized clinical trial. Obstet Gynecol. 2006;108:141-7 pubmed..Valacyclovir suppression after 36 weeks of gestation significantly reduces HSV shedding and recurrent genital herpes requiring cesarean delivery. I. ..
- Hays A, Worley K, Roberts S. Conservative management of placenta percreta: experiences in two cases. Obstet Gynecol. 2008;112:425-6 pubmed publisher..Conservative management of the abnormally invaded placenta should be undertaken with caution, and complications should be anticipated. ..
- Mahendroo M, Cala K, Russell D. 5 alpha-reduced androgens play a key role in murine parturition. Mol Endocrinol. 1996;10:380-92 pubmed..The results document a role for 5 alpha-reduced androgens synthesized by the type 1 isozyme in normal female physiology, and they suggest that 3 alpha-Adiol is a new hormone required for parturition in mice. ..
- Casey M, MacDonald P. Interstitial collagen synthesis and processing in human amnion: a property of the mesenchymal cells. Biol Reprod. 1996;55:1253-60 pubmed
- Yan Z, Fedorov S, Mumby M, Williams R. PR48, a novel regulatory subunit of protein phosphatase 2A, interacts with Cdc6 and modulates DNA replication in human cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:1021-9 pubmed..These results suggest that dephosphorylation of Cdc6 by PP2A, mediated by a specific interaction with PR48, is a regulatory event controlling initiation of DNA replication in mammalian cells. ..
- Xu K, Chong D, Rankin S, Zorn A, Cleaver O. Rasip1 is required for endothelial cell motility, angiogenesis and vessel formation. Dev Biol. 2009;329:269-79 pubmed publisher..Together, these data identify Rasip1 as a novel endothelial factor that plays an essential role in vascular development. ..
- Sutton S, Duncan M, Chase V, Marce R, Meyers T, Wood R. Cardiopulmonary bypass and mitral valve replacement during pregnancy. Perfusion. 2005;20:359-68 pubmed..This greatly challenges the medical staff in managing such difficult cases, with an incidence of heart disease during pregnancy of 1.2-3.7%. ..
- Raft S, Andrade L, Shao D, Akiyama H, Henkemeyer M, Wu D. Ephrin-B2 governs morphogenesis of endolymphatic sac and duct epithelia in the mouse inner ear. Dev Biol. 2014;390:51-67 pubmed publisher..We propose that developmental dysplasias described here are a gene dose-sensitive cause of the vestibular dysfunction observed in EphB-Efnb2 signaling-deficient mice. ..
- Little B, Snell L, Gilstrap L, Johnston W. Patterns of multiple substance abuse during pregnancy: implications for mother and fetus. South Med J. 1990;83:507-9, 518 pubmed..The extent of polydrug use observed in this study emphasizes (1) the difficulty in ascribing adverse maternal or fetal health effects to single substances, and (2) the potential for interaction effects due to multiple substance abuse...
- Caire J, Ramus R, Magee K, Fullington B, Ewalt D, Twickler D. MRI of fetal genitourinary anomalies. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2003;181:1381-5 pubmed..Therefore, we found MRI to be an excellent technique for revealing the anatomy of genitourinary anomalies in the fetus. ..
- Quan A. Fetopathy associated with exposure to angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin receptor antagonists. Early Hum Dev. 2006;82:23-8 pubmed..Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers should be avoided in all pregnant women. Alternative antihypertensive medications should be considered for use in women of childbearing years. ..
- Shulman J, Carpenter W. Prevalence and risk factors associated with geographic tongue among US adults. Oral Dis. 2006;12:381-6 pubmed..Geographic tongue was more prevalent among Whites and Blacks compared with Mexican-Americans, positively associated with FT, and inversely associated with cigarette smoking. ..
- Roberts S. Herpes simplex virus: incidence of neonatal herpes simplex virus, maternal screening, management during pregnancy, and HIV. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2009;21:124-30 pubmed publisher..HSV reactivation occurs more often than previously thought. Current prophylactic HSV strategies do not decrease horizontal or vertical transmission of HIV-1. ..
- Greer L, Abbassi Ghanavati M, Sheffield J, Casey B. Diagnostic dilemmas in a pregnant woman with influenza A (H1N1) infection. Obstet Gynecol. 2010;115:409-12 pubmed publisher..We document these problems, urge initiation of antiviral therapy based on clinical suspicion, and recognize the potential laboratory abnormalities that may be associated with severe influenza illness. ..
- Wortham J, Hansen N, Schrag S, Hale E, Van Meurs K, Sanchez P, et al. Chorioamnionitis and Culture-Confirmed, Early-Onset Neonatal Infections. Pediatrics. 2016;137: pubmed publisher..Implementation of current clinical guidelines may result in early diagnosis, but large numbers of uninfected asymptomatic infants would be treated. ..
- Condon J, Jeyasuria P, Faust J, Wilson J, Mendelson C. A decline in the levels of progesterone receptor coactivators in the pregnant uterus at term may antagonize progesterone receptor function and contribute to the initiation of parturition. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:9518-23 pubmed..The resulting decrease in expression of PR-responsive genes should increase sensitivity of the uterus to contractile stimuli. ..
- Becker A, Zhang J, Goyal S, Dwarakanath V, Aronson P, Moe O, et al. Ontogeny of NHE8 in the rat proximal tubule. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2007;293:F255-61 pubmed..These data demonstrate that NHE8 does undergo maturational changes on the apical membrane of the rat proximal tubule and may account for the Na(+)-dependent proton flux in neonatal proximal tubules. ..
- Hollier L, Harstad T, Sanchez P, Twickler D, Wendel G. Fetal syphilis: clinical and laboratory characteristics. Obstet Gynecol. 2001;97:947-53 pubmed..We hypothesize that fetal transaminase elevation occurs early in the course of infection; hematologic abnormalities and hydrops occur later. Severity of disease may be associated with risk of treatment failure. ..
- Hernandez J, Nuangchamnong N, Ziadie M, Wendel G, Sheffield J. Placental and uterine pathology in women undergoing peripartum hysterectomy. Obstet Gynecol. 2012;119:1137-42 pubmed publisher..Patients requiring emergent peripartum hysterectomies as a result of intractable uterine atony are more likely to have clinical and pathologic findings consistent with acute inflammation and infection. II. ..
- Garry D, Ordway G, Lorenz J, Radford N, Chin E, Grange R, et al. Mice without myoglobin. Nature. 1998;395:905-8 pubmed..These data show that myoglobin is not required to meet the metabolic requirements of pregnancy or exercise in a terrestrial mammal, and raise new questions about oxygen transport and metabolic regulation in working muscles. ..
- Worley K, Dashe J, Barber R, Megison S, McIntire D, Twickler D. Fetal magnetic resonance imaging in isolated diaphragmatic hernia: volume of herniated liver and neonatal outcome. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009;200:318.e1-6 pubmed publisher..Percentages of lung and other herniated organs were not associated with outcome. In our MR series of isolated CDH, neonatal deaths were significantly increased when > 20% of the fetal thorax was occupied by liver. ..
- Weymouth N, Shi Z, Rockey D. Smooth muscle ? actin is specifically required for the maintenance of lactation. Dev Biol. 2012;363:1-14 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Acta2 specifically mediates myoepithelial cell contraction during lactation and that this actin isoform therefore exhibits functional specificity. ..
- Dagan A, Gattineni J, Cook V, Baum M. Prenatal programming of rat proximal tubule Na+/H+ exchanger by dexamethasone. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2007;292:R1230-5 pubmed..The increase in proximal tubule transport may be a factor mediating the hypertension by prenatal programming with dexamethasone. ..
- Schreier H, Enlow M, Ritz T, Coull B, Gennings C, Wright R, et al. Lifetime exposure to traumatic and other stressful life events and hair cortisol in a multi-racial/ethnic sample of pregnant women. Stress. 2016;19:45-52 pubmed publisher..Future research should investigate the influence of such increased cortisol exposure on developmental outcomes among offspring. ..
- Helms A, Johnson J. Progenitors of dorsal commissural interneurons are defined by MATH1 expression. Development. 1998;125:919-28 pubmed..Taken together, we demonstrate MATH1 expression in a differentiating population of neuronal precursors in the dorsal neural tube that appear to give rise specifically to dorsal commissural interneurons. ..
- Schecter A, Johnson Welch S, Tung K, Harris T, Papke O, Rosen R. Polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE) levels in livers of U.S. human fetuses and newborns. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2007;70:1-6 pubmed..PBDE concentrations are somewhat lower than those reported in adult blood or breast milk. The health consequences of prenatal contamination are not clear at present. ..
- Freeman M, Nolan P, Davis M, Anthony M, Fried K, Fankhauser M, et al. Pharmacokinetics of sertraline across pregnancy and postpartum. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2008;28:646-53 pubmed publisher..Despite nonsignificant mean pharmacokinetic changes, the range of pharmacokinetic changes across pregnancy warrants careful monitoring of depressive symptoms in women with MDD in late pregnancy and further study...
- Akins M, Luby Phelps K, Mahendroo M. Second harmonic generation imaging as a potential tool for staging pregnancy and predicting preterm birth. J Biomed Opt. 2010;15:026020 pubmed publisher..5% of all pregnancies. ..
- Beshay V, Bukulmez O. Sperm DNA damage: how relevant is it clinically?. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2012;24:172-9 pubmed publisher..The lack of consensus in defining a clinically relevant standard DNA fragmentation test with a meaningful cut-off level brings challenges in implementing the routine use of sperm DNA integrity assessment in daily practice. ..
- Anso E, Weinberg S, Diebold L, Thompson B, Malinge S, Schumacker P, et al. The mitochondrial respiratory chain is essential for haematopoietic stem cell function. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:614-625 pubmed publisher..Thus, respiration is dispensable for adult or fetal HSC proliferation, but essential for fetal HSC differentiation and maintenance of adult HSC quiescence. ..
- Hatab M, Zeeman G, Twickler D. The effect of magnesium sulfate on large cerebral artery blood flow in preeclampsia. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2005;17:187-92 pubmed
- Pates J, Dashe J. Prenatal diagnosis and management of hydronephrosis. Early Hum Dev. 2006;82:3-8 pubmed..The newborn evaluation for hydronephrosis may be time consuming, invasive, and costly; however, it can often prevent sequelae from congenital uropathy. ..
- Dravis C, Wu T, Chumley M, Yokoyama N, Wei S, Wu D, et al. EphB2 and ephrin-B2 regulate the ionic homeostasis of vestibular endolymph. Hear Res. 2007;223:93-104 pubmed
- Shi X, Zhang Z, Zhan X, Cao M, Satoh T, Akira S, et al. An epigenetic switch induced by Shh signalling regulates gene activation during development and medulloblastoma growth. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5425 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results reveal a regulatory mechanism that underlies the activation of Shh target genes and provides insight into the causes of various diseases and cancers exhibiting altered Shh signalling. ..
- Agarwal A, Rogerson F, Mune T, White P. Gene structure and chromosomal localization of the human HSD11K gene encoding the kidney (type 2) isozyme of 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. Genomics. 1995;29:195-9 pubmed..Different transcriptional start sites are utilized in kidney and placenta. These data should be applicable to genetic analysis of the syndrome of apparent mineralocorticoid excess, which may represent a deficiency of 11 beta HSD. ..
- Zaretsky M, Alexander J, McIntire D, Hatab M, Twickler D, Leveno K. Magnetic resonance imaging pelvimetry and the prediction of labor dystocia. Obstet Gynecol. 2005;106:919-26 pubmed..We found significant associations with MRI pelvimetry and labor dystocia, but MRI was not a significant improvement over previously described pelvimetric techniques. II-3. ..
- Battiste J, Helms A, Kim E, Savage T, Lagace D, Mandyam C, et al. Ascl1 defines sequentially generated lineage-restricted neuronal and oligodendrocyte precursor cells in the spinal cord. Development. 2007;134:285-93 pubmed..Furthermore, Ascl1-null cells in the spinal cord have a diminished capacity to undergo neuronal differentiation, with a subset of these cells retaining characteristics of immature glial cells. ..
- Lorence M, Murry B, Trant J, Mason J. Human 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta 5----4isomerase from placenta: expression in nonsteroidogenic cells of a protein that catalyzes the dehydrogenation/isomerization of C21 and C19 steroids. Endocrinology. 1990;126:2493-8 pubmed..Thus, the dehydrogenation/isomerization steps of steroid biosynthesis can be catalyzed by a single polypeptide chain, which can metabolize all of the major physiological substrates. ..
- Chambliss K, Slaughter C, Schreiner R, Hoffmann G, Gibson K. Molecular cloning of human phosphomevalonate kinase and identification of a consensus peroxisomal targeting sequence. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:17330-4 pubmed..This is the first report of a cholesterol biosynthetic protein which contains a consensus PTS-1, providing further evidence for the concept that early cholesterol and nonsterol isoprenoid biosynthesis may occur in the peroxisome. ..
- Ramus R, Sheffield J, Mayfield J, Wendel G. A randomized trial that compared oral cefixime and intramuscular ceftriaxone for the treatment of gonorrhea in pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001;185:629-32 pubmed..Both intramuscular ceftriaxone 125 mg and oral cefixime 400 mg appear to be effective for the treatment of gonococcal infection in pregnancy. ..
- Sozubir S, Lorenzo A, Twickler D, Baker L, Ewalt D. Prenatal diagnosis of a prolapsed ureterocele with magnetic resonance imaging. Urology. 2003;62:144 pubmed..We report on the use of magnetic resonance imaging to clarify the prenatal diagnosis of a prolapsed ureterocele...
- Laibl V, Sheffield J, Roberts S, McIntire D, Wendel G. Recurrence of clinical chorioamnionitis in subsequent pregnancies. Obstet Gynecol. 2006;108:1493-7 pubmed..This supports the concept that there may be a predisposition to chorioamnionitis that should be further investigated. II-2. ..
- Maitra M, Schluterman M, Nichols H, Richardson J, Lo C, Srivastava D, et al. Interaction of Gata4 and Gata6 with Tbx5 is critical for normal cardiac development. Dev Biol. 2009;326:368-77 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the unique genetic interactions of Gata4 and Gata6 with Tbx5 for normal cardiac morphogenesis in vivo. ..
- Chao T, Sheffield J, Wendel G, Ansari M, McIntire D, Roberts S. Risk factors associated with false positive HIV test results in a low-risk urban obstetric population. J Pregnancy. 2012;2012:841979 pubmed publisher..001). HIV positive patients were older than false positive patients and more likely positive for HBsAg and RPR. False positive HIV testing at delivery using EIA is associated with young maternal age and nulliparity in this population. ..
- Zhang Y, Knutsen G, Brown M, Ruest L. Control of endothelin-a receptor expression by progesterone is enhanced by synergy with Gata2. Mol Endocrinol. 2013;27:892-908 pubmed publisher..Together these results indicate that progesterone regulates Ednra expression by synergizing with Gata2 activity, a previously unknown mechanism. This mechanism may have an impact on pathologies involving the endothelin signaling. ..
- Schindel D, Twickler D, Frost N, Walsh D, Santiago Munoz P, Johnson R. Prognostic significance of an antenatal magnetic resonance imaging staging system on airway outcomes of fetal craniofacial venolymphatic malformations. J Surg Res. 2017;217:187-190 pubmed publisher..This information may be useful when counseling expectant families of affected fetuses. ..
- Laptook A, Shankaran S, Tyson J, Munoz B, Bell E, Goldberg R, et al. Effect of Therapeutic Hypothermia Initiated After 6 Hours of Age on Death or Disability Among Newborns With Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2017;318:1550-1560 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, hypothermia trials have not been performed in infants presenting after 6 hours...
- Clouthier D, Hosoda K, Richardson J, Williams S, Yanagisawa H, Kuwaki T, et al. Cranial and cardiac neural crest defects in endothelin-A receptor-deficient mice. Development. 1998;125:813-24 pubmed..These observations define a novel genetic pathway for inductive communication between cephalic neural crest cells and their environmental counterparts. ..
- Yanagisawa H, Hammer R, Richardson J, Emoto N, Williams S, Takeda S, et al. Disruption of ECE-1 and ECE-2 reveals a role for endothelin-converting enzyme-2 in murine cardiac development. J Clin Invest. 2000;105:1373-82 pubmed..5 do not differ appreciably from those of ECE-1(-/-) embryos. The significant residual ET-1/ET-2 in the ECE-1(-/-); ECE-2(-/-) embryos indicates that proteases distinct from ECE-1 and ECE-2 can carry out ET-1 activation in vivo. ..
- Rosenfeld C, Cornfield D, Roy T. Ca(2+)-activated K(+) channels modulate basal and E(2)beta-induced rises in uterine blood flow in ovine pregnancy. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2001;281:H422-31 pubmed..Exponential increases in ovine UBF in late pregnancy may reflect BK(Ca) channel activation, which may be mediated by placentally derived estrogens...
- Holland A, Hale M, Kagami H, Hammer R, Macdonald R. Experimental control of pancreatic development and maintenance. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:12236-41 pubmed..These results demonstrate the feasibility of controlling the formation of an organ during embryogenesis in utero and the maintenance of the mature organ through the experimental manipulation of a key developmental regulator. ..
- Li S, Chang S, Qi X, Richardson J, Olson E. Requirement of a myocardin-related transcription factor for development of mammary myoepithelial cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:5797-808 pubmed
- Engelking L, Evers B, Richardson J, Goldstein J, Brown M, Liang G. Severe facial clefting in Insig-deficient mouse embryos caused by sterol accumulation and reversed by lovastatin. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:2356-65 pubmed
- Timmons B, Mitchell S, Gilpin C, Mahendroo M. Dynamic changes in the cervical epithelial tight junction complex and differentiation occur during cervical ripening and parturition. Endocrinology. 2007;148:1278-87 pubmed
- Danesh S, Villasenor A, Chong D, Soukup C, Cleaver O. BMP and BMP receptor expression during murine organogenesis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2009;9:255-65 pubmed publisher..Our studies will aid in the future design and/or interpretation of targeted deletion of individual Bmp or Bmpr genes, since this study identifies organs and tissues where redundant BMP signaling pathways are likely to occur. ..
- McKinney C, Cunningham M, Holt V, Leroux B, Starr J. A case-control study of infant, maternal and perinatal characteristics associated with deformational plagiocephaly. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2009;23:332-45 pubmed publisher..This first large-scale, case-control study of risk factors for plagiocephaly in a U.S. population provides new evidence that birth injuries and congenital anomalies are associated with plagiocephaly risk. ..
- Greer L, Sheffield J, Rogers V, Roberts S, McIntire D, Wendel G. Maternal and neonatal outcomes after antepartum treatment of influenza with antiviral medications. Obstet Gynecol. 2010;115:711-6 pubmed publisher..To review the maternal and neonatal outcomes after antepartum exposure to M2 ion channel inhibitors or oseltamivir to provide some guidance on the risk, if any, of antiviral medication during pregnancy...
- Diekwisch T, Ware J, Fincham A, Zeichner David M. Immunohistochemical similarities and differences between amelogenin and tuftelin gene products during tooth development. J Histochem Cytochem. 1997;45:859-66 pubmed..The spatial differences in the distribution of amelogenin and tuftelin as observed in this study may be interpreted as an indication of functional differences between both proteins during early enamel biomineralization. ..