Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on physiologic neovascularization in Houston, Texas, United States
Locale: Houston, Texas, United States
Topic: physiologic neovascularization
- Mu H, Ohashi R, Yang H, Wang X, Li M, Lin P, et al. Thymosin beta10 inhibits cell migration and capillary-like tube formation of human coronary artery endothelial cells. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2006;63:222-30 pubmed..This study suggests a potential therapeutic application of thymosin beta10 to the diseases with excessive angiogenesis such as cancer. ..
- Bogatcheva N, Sergeeva M, Dudek S, Verin A. Arachidonic acid cascade in endothelial pathobiology. Microvasc Res. 2005;69:107-27 pubmed..This review discusses endothelial-specific synthesis and action of arachidonic acid derivatives with a particular focus on the mechanisms of signal transduction and associated intracellular protein targets. ..
- Pereira F, Qiu Y, Zhou G, Tsai M, Tsai S. The orphan nuclear receptor COUP-TFII is required for angiogenesis and heart development. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1037-49 pubmed..This down-regulation suggests that COUP-TFII may be required for bidirectional signaling between the endothelial and mesenchymal compartments essential for proper angiogenesis and heart development. ..
- Chatila K, Ren G, Xia Y, Huebener P, Bujak M, Frangogiannis N. The role of the thrombospondins in healing myocardial infarcts. Cardiovasc Hematol Agents Med Chem. 2007;5:21-7 pubmed..Understanding the specific mechanisms responsible for the protective effects of TSP-1 and TSP-2 in healing infarcts may lead to novel therapeutic interventions aiming at attenuating adverse left ventricular remodeling. ..
- Rangel R, Sun Y, Guzman Rojas L, Ozawa M, Sun J, Giordano R, et al. Impaired angiogenesis in aminopeptidase N-null mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:4588-93 pubmed..Finally, in addition to vascular biology research, APN-null mice may be useful reagents in other medical fields such as malignant, cardiovascular, immunological, or infectious diseases. ..
- Sadat S, Gehmert S, Song Y, Yen Y, Bai X, Gaiser S, et al. The cardioprotective effect of mesenchymal stem cells is mediated by IGF-I and VEGF. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:674-9 pubmed..In conclusion we demonstrated that ASCs have a marked impact on anti-apoptosis and angiogenesis and helps to explain data of stem cells benefit without transdifferentiation. ..
- Yu L, Su B, Hollomon M, Deng Y, Facchinetti V, Kleinerman E. Vasculogenesis driven by bone marrow-derived cells is essential for growth of Ewing's sarcomas. Cancer Res. 2010;70:1334-43 pubmed publisher..In contrast, siRNA-mediated knockdown of Mekk3 in TC71 Ewing's sarcoma cells had no effect on tumor growth or vessel density. Our findings indicate that vasculogenesis is critical in the expansion of the tumor vascular network. ..
- Liu Q, Chen Z, Terry T, McNatt J, Willerson J, Zoldhelyi P. Intra-arterial transplantation of adult bone marrow cells restores blood flow and regenerates skeletal muscle in ischemic limbs. Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2009;43:433-43 pubmed publisher..Skeletal muscle formation may provide benefits beyond angiogenesis to patients with chronic peripheral arterial disease or to patients with low cardiac output states who also suffer from skeletal muscle atrophy. ..
- Wang X, Liefer K, Tsai S, O Malley B, Roop D. Development of gene-switch transgenic mice that inducibly express transforming growth factor beta1 in the epidermis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:8483-8 pubmed..Given that the TGFbeta1 transgene can affect both the epidermis and dermis, this transgenic model will provide a useful tool for studying roles of TGFbeta1 in wound-healing and skin carcinogenesis in the future. ..
- Lee K, Jeong J, Wang J, Ma L, Martin J, Tsai S, et al. Bmp2 is critical for the murine uterine decidual response. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:5468-78 pubmed..Taken together, these data demonstrate that Bmp2 is a critical regulator of gene expression and function in the murine uterus. ..
- Aravindan N, Samuels J, Riedel B, Shaw A. Fenoldopam improves corticomedullary oxygen delivery and attenuates angiogenesis gene expression in acute ischemic renal injury. Kidney Blood Press Res. 2006;29:165-74 pubmed..05) for five genes. Data from this rat model of ischemic nephropathy suggest that fenoldopam improves intrarenal hemodynamics and attenuates ischemia-related changes in angiogenesis gene expression. ..
- Petit F, Salas R, Tsai M, Tsai S. The regulation of COUP-TFII gene expression by Ets-1 is enhanced by the steroid receptor co-activators. Mech Ageing Dev. 2004;125:719-32 pubmed..These results indicate that COUP-TFII is a potential downstream target of Ets-1 and it may partially mediate the Ets-1 function in angiogenesis. ..
- Keerl S, Gehmert S, Gehmert S, Song Y, Alt E. PDGF and bFGF modulate tube formation in adipose tissue-derived stem cells. Ann Plast Surg. 2010;64:487-90 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that freshly isolated adipose tissue-derived stem cells have the capacity to differentiate into capillary structures and platelet-derived growth factor and bFGF plays a critical role in this process. ..