Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phosphorylation in Houston, Texas, United States
Locale: Houston, Texas, United States
Publications341 found, 100 shown here
- van Oort R, McCauley M, Dixit S, Pereira L, Yang Y, Respress J, et al. Ryanodine receptor phosphorylation by calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II promotes life-threatening ventricular arrhythmias in mice with heart failure. Circulation. 2010;122:2669-79 pubmed publisher..our results suggest that Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II phosphorylation of RyR2 Ca(2+) release channels at S2814 plays an important role in arrhythmogenesis and sudden cardiac death in mice with heart failure. ..
- Dai F, Shen T, Li Z, Lin X, Feng X. PPM1A dephosphorylates RanBP3 to enable efficient nuclear export of Smad2 and Smad3. EMBO Rep. 2011;12:1175-81 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate the critical role of PPM1A in maximizing exporter activity of RanBP3 for efficient termination of canonical TGF-? signalling. ..
- Katayama H, Wang J, Treekitkarnmongkol W, Kawai H, Sasai K, Zhang H, et al. Aurora kinase-A inactivates DNA damage-induced apoptosis and spindle assembly checkpoint response functions of p73. Cancer Cell. 2012;21:196-211 pubmed publisher..Elevated cytoplasmic p73 in Aurora-A overexpressing primary human tumors corroborates the experimental findings. ..
- Jung H, Wang X, Jun S, Park J. Dyrk2-associated EDD-DDB1-VprBP E3 ligase inhibits telomerase by TERT degradation. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:7252-62 pubmed publisher..Similarly, a Dyrk2 nonsense mutation identified in breast cancer compromises ubiquitination-mediated TERT protein degradation. Our findings suggest the novel molecular mechanism of kinase-associated telomerase regulation. ..
- Xie X, Bartholomeusz C, Ahmed A, Kazansky A, Diao L, Baggerly K, et al. Bisphosphorylated PEA-15 sensitizes ovarian cancer cells to paclitaxel by impairing the microtubule-destabilizing effect of SCLIP. Mol Cancer Ther. 2013;12:1099-111 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the importance of pPEA-15 as a promising target for improving the efficacy of paclitaxel-based therapy in ovarian cancer. ..
- Duong M, Akli S, Macalou S, Biernacka A, Debeb B, Yi M, et al. Hbo1 is a cyclin E/CDK2 substrate that enriches breast cancer stem-like cells. Cancer Res. 2013;73:5556-68 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that the heightened oncogenecity of LMW-E relates to its ability to promote CSC properties, supporting the design of therapeutic strategies to target this unique function. ..
- Davis T, Nguyen H, Suryawan A, Bush J, Jefferson L, Kimball S. Developmental changes in the feeding-induced stimulation of translation initiation in muscle of neonatal pigs. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2000;279:E1226-34 pubmed..The results further suggest that the overall developmental decline in skeletal muscle protein synthesis involves regulation by eIF2B...
- Mull B, Cox J, Bui T, Keyomarsi K. Post-translational modification and stability of low molecular weight cyclin E. Oncogene. 2009;28:3167-76 pubmed publisher..The stability of low molecular weight cyclin E may have implications for both tumorigenesis and treatment of tumors expressing them. ..
- Alhaider I, Aleisa A, Tran T, Alkadhi K. Caffeine prevents sleep loss-induced deficits in long-term potentiation and related signaling molecules in the dentate gyrus. Eur J Neurosci. 2010;31:1368-76 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that chronic use of caffeine prevented anomalous changes in the basal levels of P-CaMKII and BDNF associated with sleep deprivation and as a result contributes to the revival of LTP in the DG region. ..
- Dai F, Lin X, Chang C, Feng X. Nuclear export of Smad2 and Smad3 by RanBP3 facilitates termination of TGF-beta signaling. Dev Cell. 2009;16:345-57 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study supports a definitive role for RanBP3 in mediating Smad2/3 nuclear export and terminating TGF-beta signaling. ..
- Bi L, Gojestani S, Wu W, Hsu Y, Zhu J, Ariizumi K, et al. CARD9 mediates dectin-2-induced IkappaBalpha kinase ubiquitination leading to activation of NF-kappaB in response to stimulation by the hyphal form of Candida albicans. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:25969-77 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrated that CARD9 is selectively involved in Dectin-2-induced NF-kappaB activation in response to C. albicans hyphae challenging. ..
- Wang Y, Ding Q, Yen C, Xia W, Izzo J, Lang J, et al. The crosstalk of mTOR/S6K1 and Hedgehog pathways. Cancer Cell. 2012;21:374-87 pubmed publisher..Together, our results established a crosstalk between the mTOR/S6K1 and HH pathways, which provides a mechanism for SMO-independent Gli1 activation and also a rationale for combination therapy for EAC. ..
- Zhou X, Yu J, Chang M, Zhang M, Zhou D, Cammas F, et al. TRIM28 mediates chromatin modifications at the TCR? enhancer and regulates the development of T and natural killer T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:20083-8 pubmed publisher..These findings establish TRIM28 as a unique regulator of thymocyte development and highlight an epigenetic mechanism involving TRIM28-mediated active chromatin modification in the TCR? locus. ..
- Weiderhold K, Fadri Moskwik M, Pan J, Nishino M, Chuang C, Deeraksa A, et al. Dynamic Phosphorylation of NudC by Aurora B in Cytokinesis. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0153455 pubmed publisher..In contrast, reconstitution with the T40D phospho-mimetic NudC was inefficient in supporting the completion of cytokinesis. These results suggest that that dynamic phosphorylation of NudC by Aurora B regulates cytokinesis. ..
- Vadlamudi R, Bagheri Yarmand R, Yang Z, Balasenthil S, Nguyen D, Sahin A, et al. Dynein light chain 1, a p21-activated kinase 1-interacting substrate, promotes cancerous phenotypes. Cancer Cell. 2004;5:575-85 pubmed..DLC1 protein level is elevated in more than 90% of human breast tumors. The regulation of cell survival functions by Pak1-DLC1 interaction represents a novel mechanism by which a signaling kinase might regulate the cancerous phenotypes. ..
- Le X, Pruefer F, Bast R. HER2-targeting antibodies modulate the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27Kip1 via multiple signaling pathways. Cell Cycle. 2005;4:87-95 pubmed..The targets and pathways affected by trastuzumab work in concert to maximize the expression and inhibitory effect of p27Kip1, which leads to cell cycle G1 arrest and growth inhibition. ..
- Davis D, Takamori R, Raut C, Xiong H, Herbst R, Stadler W, et al. Pharmacodynamic analysis of target inhibition and endothelial cell death in tumors treated with the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor antagonists SU5416 or SU6668. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:678-89 pubmed..SU5416 and SU6668 displayed biological activity in xenografts. However, neither drug produced marked biological activity in primary patient tumors. ..
- Ichikawa H, Aggarwal B. Guggulsterone inhibits osteoclastogenesis induced by receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB ligand and by tumor cells by suppressing nuclear factor-kappaB activation. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:662-8 pubmed..Collectively, our results indicate that guggulsterone suppresses RANKL and tumor cell-induced osteoclastogenesis by suppressing the activation of NF-kappaB. ..
- Yee K, Zeng Z, Konopleva M, Verstovsek S, Ravandi F, Ferrajoli A, et al. Phase I/II study of the mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitor everolimus (RAD001) in patients with relapsed or refractory hematologic malignancies. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:5165-73 pubmed..Studies of everolimus in combination with therapeutic agents directed against other components of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt/mTOR pathway are warranted. ..
- Manavathi B, Rayala S, Kumar R. Phosphorylation-dependent regulation of stability and transforming potential of ETS transcriptional factor ESE-1 by p21-activated kinase 1. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:19820-30 pubmed..These findings provide novel insights into the mechanism of transformation potential of ESE-1 and discovered that ESE-1 functions are coordinately regulated by Pak1 phosphorylation and beta-TrCP-dependent ubiquitin-proteasome pathways. ..
- Sen B, Saigal B, Parikh N, Gallick G, Johnson F. Sustained Src inhibition results in signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) activation and cancer cell survival via altered Janus-activated kinase-STAT3 binding. Cancer Res. 2009;69:1958-65 pubmed publisher..Given that pharmacologic SFK inhibitors are currently being evaluated in clinical trials, these results have potential clinical implications for cancer therapy. ..
- Xu J, Liao L, Qin J, Xu J, Liu D, Songyang Z. Identification of Flightless-I as a substrate of the cytokine-independent survival kinase CISK. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:14377-85 pubmed publisher..These findings support the model that CISK phosphorylates FLII and activates nuclear receptor transcription and suggest a new cell survival signaling pathway mediated by PI 3-kinase and CISK. ..
- Pond A, Herschkowitz J, Schwertfeger K, Welm B, Zhang Y, York B, et al. Fibroblast growth factor receptor signaling dramatically accelerates tumorigenesis and enhances oncoprotein translation in the mouse mammary tumor virus-Wnt-1 mouse model of breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2010;70:4868-79 pubmed publisher..Further, they reveal protein translation initiation factors as potential therapeutic targets for human breast cancers with alterations in FGF signaling. ..
- Chang C, Yang J, Xia W, Chen C, Xie X, Chao C, et al. EZH2 promotes expansion of breast tumor initiating cells through activation of RAF1-?-catenin signaling. Cancer Cell. 2011;19:86-100 pubmed publisher..We further reveal that AZD6244, a clinical trial drug that inhibits RAF1-ERK signaling, could prevent breast cancer progression by eliminating BTICs. ..
- Gazzaneo M, Suryawan A, Orellana R, Torrazza R, El Kadi S, Wilson F, et al. Intermittent bolus feeding has a greater stimulatory effect on protein synthesis in skeletal muscle than continuous feeding in neonatal pigs. J Nutr. 2011;141:2152-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that in neonates, intermittent bolus feeding enhances muscle protein synthesis to a greater extent than continuous feeding by eliciting a pulsatile pattern of amino acid- and insulin-induced translation initiation. ..
- Adams V, Griffin L, Gelb B, McCabe E. Protein kinase activity of rat brain hexokinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;177:1101-6 pubmed..Analysis of the ATP-binding domains of the mammalian HK1 protein sequences shows significant homology with other mammalian protein kinases. ..
- Herrmann C, Rice A. Lentivirus Tat proteins specifically associate with a cellular protein kinase, TAK, that hyperphosphorylates the carboxyl-terminal domain of the large subunit of RNA polymerase II: candidate for a Tat cofactor. J Virol. 1995;69:1612-20 pubmed..Taken together, these results imply that TAK is a very promising candidate for a cellular factor that mediates Tat transactivation. ..
- Cuevas B, Lu Y, Watt S, Kumar R, Zhang J, Siminovitch K, et al. SHP-1 regulates Lck-induced phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase phosphorylation and activity. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:27583-9 pubmed
- Manna S, Mukhopadhyay A, Aggarwal B. IFN-alpha suppresses activation of nuclear transcription factors NF-kappa B and activator protein 1 and potentiates TNF-induced apoptosis. J Immunol. 2000;165:4927-34 pubmed..Overall our results suggest that IFN-alpha potentiates the apoptotic effects of TNF possibly by suppressing NF-kappaB and AP-1 activation. ..
- Manna S, Mukhopadhyay A, Aggarwal B. Leflunomide suppresses TNF-induced cellular responses: effects on NF-kappa B, activator protein-1, c-Jun N-terminal protein kinase, and apoptosis. J Immunol. 2000;165:5962-9 pubmed..Overall, our results suggest that suppression of TNF signaling is one of the possible mechanisms for inhibitory activity of leflunomide against rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Uehara H, Kim S, Karashima T, Shepherd D, Fan D, Tsan R, et al. Effects of blocking platelet-derived growth factor-receptor signaling in a mouse model of experimental prostate cancer bone metastases. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2003;95:458-70 pubmed..Using STI571 to inhibit PDGF-R phosphorylation may, especially in combination with paclitaxel, produce substantial therapeutic effects against prostate cancer bone metastasis. ..
- Li L, Ren C, Tahir S, Ren C, Thompson T. Caveolin-1 maintains activated Akt in prostate cancer cells through scaffolding domain binding site interactions with and inhibition of serine/threonine protein phosphatases PP1 and PP2A. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:9389-404 pubmed..Our studies therefore reveal a novel mechanism of Akt activation in prostate cancer and potentially other malignancies. ..
- Zhu Q, Robinson L, Roginskaya V, Corey S. G-CSF-induced tyrosine phosphorylation of Gab2 is Lyn kinase dependent and associated with enhanced Akt and differentiative, not proliferative, responses. Blood. 2004;103:3305-12 pubmed
- Onn A, Isobe T, Wu W, Itasaka S, Shintani T, Shibuya K, et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor does not improve paclitaxel effect in an orthotopic mouse model of lung cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:8613-9 pubmed..Our data show that the interaction of EGFR-TKIs and chemotherapy is complex and suggest that other growth factors may activate the downstream signaling events. ..
- Yu W, Zheng H, Houl J, Dauwalder B, Hardin P. PER-dependent rhythms in CLK phosphorylation and E-box binding regulate circadian transcription. Genes Dev. 2006;20:723-33 pubmed
- Daniel D, Dai G, Singh C, Lindsey D, Smith A, Dhandayuthapani S, et al. The reduced bactericidal function of complement C5-deficient murine macrophages is associated with defects in the synthesis and delivery of reactive oxygen radicals to mycobacterial phagosomes. J Immunol. 2006;177:4688-98 pubmed..Reduced bactericidal function of C5(-/-) macrophages thus appears to be due to a defective assembly and production of ROS that prevents effective killing of intracellular MTB. ..
- Fioravante D, Liu R, Byrne J. The ubiquitin-proteasome system is necessary for long-term synaptic depression in Aplysia. J Neurosci. 2008;28:10245-56 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that proteasome-mediated protein degradation is engaged in LTD and that CREB2 may act as a transcription activator under certain conditions. ..
- Abou Ghazal M, Yang D, Qiao W, Reina Ortiz C, Wei J, Kong L, et al. The incidence, correlation with tumor-infiltrating inflammation, and prognosis of phosphorylated STAT3 expression in human gliomas. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:8228-35 pubmed publisher..p-STAT3 expression differs significantly between gliomas of different pathologic types and grades and correlated with the degree of immune infiltration. ..
- Poindexter N, Williams R, Powis G, Jen E, Caudle A, Chada S, et al. IL-24 is expressed during wound repair and inhibits TGFalpha-induced migration and proliferation of keratinocytes. Exp Dermatol. 2010;19:714-22 pubmed publisher..These data support the hypothesis that IL-24 functions during an inflammatory response in the skin by inhibiting the proliferation and migration of keratinocytes. ..
- Niida M, Tanaka M, Kamitani T. Downregulation of active IKK beta by Ro52-mediated autophagy. Mol Immunol. 2010;47:2378-87 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Ro52-mediated monoubiquitination plays a critical role in the downregulation of active IKK beta through autophagy. ..
- Hartig S, He B, Long W, Buehrer B, Mancini M. Homeostatic levels of SRC-2 and SRC-3 promote early human adipogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2011;192:55-67 pubmed publisher..Together, we demonstrate that SRC-2 and SRC-3 concomitantly promote human adipocyte differentiation by attenuating phospho-PPAR?-S114 and modulating PPAR? cellular heterogeneity. ..
- Angelo L, Wu J, Meng F, Sun M, Kopetz S, McCutcheon I, et al. Combining curcumin (diferuloylmethane) and heat shock protein inhibition for neurofibromatosis 2 treatment: analysis of response and resistance pathways. Mol Cancer Ther. 2011;10:2094-103 pubmed publisher..The combination of curcumin and an hsp inhibitor synergistically suppressed schwannoma cell growth. Our results provide a rationale for combining curcumin and KNK437 in the treatment of NF2...
- Dash P, Johnson D, Clark J, Orsi S, Zhang M, Zhao J, et al. Involvement of the glycogen synthase kinase-3 signaling pathway in TBI pathology and neurocognitive outcome. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24648 pubmed publisher..As a broad spectrum inhibitor of GSK-3, lithium offers neuroprotection and robust cognitive improvement, supporting its clinical testing as a treatment for TBI. ..
- Suryawan A, Torrazza R, Gazzaneo M, Orellana R, Fiorotto M, El Kadi S, et al. Enteral leucine supplementation increases protein synthesis in skeletal and cardiac muscles and visceral tissues of neonatal pigs through mTORC1-dependent pathways. Pediatr Res. 2012;71:324-31 pubmed publisher..To examine enteral Leu effects on PS and signaling activation, 5-d-old piglets were fed for 24 h diets containing: (i) LP, (ii) LP+L, or (iii) HP...
- Shen Y, Zhang L, Ren P, Nguyen M, Zou S, Wu D, et al. AKT2 confers protection against aortic aneurysms and dissections. Circ Res. 2013;112:618-32 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence of a mechanism that underlies the protective effects of AKT2 on the aortic wall and that may serve as a therapeutic target in the prevention of AAD. ..
- Armaiz Pena G, Allen J, Cruz A, Stone R, Nick A, Lin Y, et al. Src activation by ?-adrenoreceptors is a key switch for tumour metastasis. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1403 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data provide a pivotal molecular target for disrupting neural signalling in the tumour microenvironment. ..
- Bryan R, Li Y, Lai J, Van M, Rice N, Rich R, et al. Effect of CD28 signal transduction on c-Rel in human peripheral blood T cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:7933-42 pubmed..Furthermore, we showed that the c-Rel-containing CD28-responsive complex is enhanced by, but not specific to, CD28 costimulation. Our results indicate that c-Rel is one of the transcription factors targeted by CD28 signalling. ..
- Ma G, Lu D, Wu Y, Liu J, Arlinghaus R. Bcr phosphorylated on tyrosine 177 binds Grb2. Oncogene. 1997;14:2367-72 pubmed..These results indicate that the Bcr protein when phosphorylated at tyrosine 177 binds Grb2, thereby implicating Bcr as a potantial activator of the Ras pathway. ..
- Kiyokawa N, Lee E, Karunagaran D, Lin S, Hung M. Mitosis-specific negative regulation of epidermal growth factor receptor, triggered by a decrease in ligand binding and dimerization, can be overcome by overexpression of receptor. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:18656-65 pubmed
- Pham C, Vuyyuru V, Yang Y, Bai W, Singh B. Evidence for an important role of serine 16 and its phosphorylation in the stabilization of c-Mos. Oncogene. 1999;18:4287-94 pubmed..Thus, our results indicate that Ser-16 has an important role in the regulation of c-Mos and that phosphorylation at Ser-16 may inhibit proteolysis of c-Mos. ..
- Van Hooser A, Mancini M, Allis C, Sullivan K, Brinkley B. The mammalian centromere: structural domains and the attenuation of chromatin modeling. FASEB J. 1999;13 Suppl 2:S216-20 pubmed..This specialized centromere subdomain would be predicted to have a very tight and static nucleosome structure as a result of the absence of H3 phosphorylation and acetylation. ..
- Zhou B, Liao Y, Xia W, Spohn B, Lee M, Hung M. Cytoplasmic localization of p21Cip1/WAF1 by Akt-induced phosphorylation in HER-2/neu-overexpressing cells. Nat Cell Biol. 2001;3:245-52 pubmed..Our results indicate that HER-2/neu induces cytoplasmic localization of p21Cip1/WAF1 through activation of Akt to promote cell growth, which may have implications for the oncogenic activity of HER-2/neu and Akt. ..
- Vadlamudi R, Adam L, Nguyen D, Santos M, Kumar R. Differential regulation of components of the focal adhesion complex by heregulin: role of phosphatase SHP-2. J Cell Physiol. 2002;190:189-99 pubmed..Our results suggest that HRG differentially regulates signaling from focal adhesion complexes through selective phosphorylation and dephosphorylation and that tyrosine phosphatase SHP-2 has a role in the HRG signaling. ..
- Narayanan R, Adigun A, Edwards D, Weigel N. Cyclin-dependent kinase activity is required for progesterone receptor function: novel role for cyclin A/Cdk2 as a progesterone receptor coactivator. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:264-77 pubmed
- Georgakis G, Li Y, Rassidakis G, Martinez Valdez H, Medeiros L, Younes A. Inhibition of heat shock protein 90 function by 17-allylamino-17-demethoxy-geldanamycin in Hodgkin's lymphoma cells down-regulates Akt kinase, dephosphorylates extracellular signal-regulated kinase, and induces cell cycle arrest and cell death. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:584-90 pubmed
- Jiang R, Mircean C, Shmulevich I, Cogdell D, Jia Y, Tabus I, et al. Pathway alterations during glioma progression revealed by reverse phase protein lysate arrays. Proteomics. 2006;6:2964-71 pubmed..The marked association of phosphorylation of AKT at Thr308, but not Ser473, with glioblastoma suggests a specific event of PI3K pathway activation in glioma progression. ..
- Rees I, Lee S, Kim H, Tsai F. The E3 ubiquitin ligase CHIP binds the androgen receptor in a phosphorylation-dependent manner. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1764:1073-9 pubmed..We show that CHIP recognizes AR in a highly specific, phosphorylation- and sequence-dependent manner, and propose that this interaction could provide a mechanism that regulates the degradation of CHIP substrates. ..
- Zhang J, Kalyankrishna S, Wislez M, Thilaganathan N, Saigal B, Wei W, et al. SRC-family kinases are activated in non-small cell lung cancer and promote the survival of epidermal growth factor receptor-dependent cell lines. Am J Pathol. 2007;170:366-76 pubmed..We conclude that SFKs are activated in NSCLC biopsy samples, promote the survival of EGFR-dependent NSCLC cells, and should be investigated as therapeutic targets in NSCLC patients. ..
- Wrighton K, Lin X, Feng X. Critical regulation of TGFbeta signaling by Hsp90. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:9244-9 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal an essential level of TGFbeta signaling regulation mediated by Hsp90 by its ability to chaperone TbetaRs and also implicate the use of Hsp90 inhibitors in blocking undesired activation of TGFbeta signaling in diseases. ..
- Hoeffer C, Tang W, Wong H, Santillan A, Patterson R, Martinez L, et al. Removal of FKBP12 enhances mTOR-Raptor interactions, LTP, memory, and perseverative/repetitive behavior. Neuron. 2008;60:832-45 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that FKBP12 plays a critical role in the regulation of mTOR-Raptor interactions, LTP, memory, and perseverative behaviors. ..
- Kim D, Akcakanat A, Singh G, Sharma C, Meric Bernstam F. Regulation and localization of ribosomal protein S6 kinase 1 isoforms. Growth Factors. 2009;27:12-21 pubmed publisher..Both isoforms had S6 kinase activity. We also detected a p60 isoform with antibodies to the p70(S6K1) C-terminal but not the N-terminal. Further studies on S6K1 isoforms are warranted for therapeutically targeting this pathway. ..
- Zhang X, Zhu Y, Geng L, Wang H, Legerski R. Artemis is a negative regulator of p53 in response to oxidative stress. Oncogene. 2009;28:2196-204 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that Artemis and DNA-PKcs participate in a new, signaling pathway to modulate p53 function in response to oxidative stress produced by mitochondrial respiration. ..
- Sandur S, Pandey M, Sung B, Aggarwal B. 5-hydroxy-2-methyl-1,4-naphthoquinone, a vitamin K3 analogue, suppresses STAT3 activation pathway through induction of protein tyrosine phosphatase, SHP-1: potential role in chemosensitization. Mol Cancer Res. 2010;8:107-18 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results suggest that the plumbagin inhibits STAT3 activation pathway through the induction of SHP-1 and this may mediate the sensitization of STAT3 overexpressing cancers to chemotherapeutic agents. ..
- Frederick M, VanMeter A, Gadhikar M, Henderson Y, Yao H, Pickering C, et al. Phosphoproteomic analysis of signaling pathways in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma patient samples. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:548-71 pubmed publisher..The feasibility of using RPPA for developing theranostic tests to guide personalized therapy is discussed in the context of these data. ..
- Deng W, Gopal Y, Scott A, Chen G, Woodman S, Davies M. Role and therapeutic potential of PI3K-mTOR signaling in de novo resistance to BRAF inhibition. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2012;25:248-58 pubmed publisher..The results support the rationale for combined targeting of BRAF and the PI3K-AKT pathways and illustrate how target selection will be critical to such strategies. ..
- Herdy B, Jaramillo M, Svitkin Y, Rosenfeld A, Kobayashi M, Walsh D, et al. Translational control of the activation of transcription factor NF-κB and production of type I interferon by phosphorylation of the translation factor eIF4E. Nat Immunol. 2012;13:543-550 pubmed publisher..Thus, regulated phosphorylation of eIF4E has a key role in antiviral host defense by selectively controlling the translation of an mRNA that encodes a critical suppressor of the innate antiviral response. ..
- Reineke L, Dougherty J, Pierre P, Lloyd R. Large G3BP-induced granules trigger eIF2? phosphorylation. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3499-510 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these data suggest that stress granules are active in signaling to the translational machinery and may be important regulators of the innate immune response...
- Choi H, Choi H, Jung S, Hyle J, Kim B, Yoon K, et al. CHK2 kinase promotes pre-mRNA splicing via phosphorylating CDK11(p110). Oncogene. 2014;33:108-15 pubmed publisher..Mutation of the phosphorylation site in CDK11(p110) to alanine abrogated its splicing-activating activity. These results provide the first evidence that CHK2 kinase promotes pre-mRNA splicing via phosphorylating CDK11(p110). ..
- Brewster A, Lugo J, Patil V, Lee W, Qian Y, Vanegas F, et al. Rapamycin reverses status epilepticus-induced memory deficits and dendritic damage. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57808 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that mTORC1 hyperactivity contributes to early hippocampal-dependent spatial learning and memory deficits and dendritic dysregulation associated with SE. ..
- Yang X, Zhang H, Kim B, Niu X, Peng J, Chen Y, et al. The signaling suppressor CIS controls proallergic T cell development and allergic airway inflammation. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:732-40 pubmed publisher..STAT5 and STAT6 regulated IL-9 expression by directly binding to the Il9 promoter. Our data thus demonstrate a critical role for CIS in controlling the proallergic generation of helper T cells. ..
- Criglar J, Hu L, Crawford S, Hyser J, Broughman J, Prasad B, et al. A novel form of rotavirus NSP2 and phosphorylation-dependent NSP2-NSP5 interactions are associated with viroplasm assembly. J Virol. 2014;88:786-98 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that dNSP2 interacts with viral proteins, including hypophosphorylated NSP5, to initiate viroplasm formation, while viroplasm maturation includes phosphorylation of NSP5 and vNSP2. ..
- Moruno Manchon J, Uzor N, Blasco Conesa M, Mannuru S, Putluri N, Furr Stimming E, et al. Inhibiting sphingosine kinase 2 mitigates mutant Huntingtin-induced neurodegeneration in neuron models of Huntington disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:1305-1317 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a novel regulator of mutant huntingtin-mediated neurotoxicity and provide a new target for developing therapies for HD. ..
- Wilson Rawls J, Liu J, Laneuville P, Arlinghaus R. P210 Bcr-Abl interacts with the interleukin-3 beta c subunit and constitutively activates Jak2. Leukemia. 1997;11 Suppl 3:428-31 pubmed..Previously, it has been demonstrated that Bcr-Abl interacts with Grb2 and Shc, which in turn activates the Ras pathway. Thus, Bcr-Abl can activate signalling through both pathways in a factor-independent fashion. ..
- Srivenugopal K, Mullapudi S, Shou J, Hazra T, Ali Osman F. Protein phosphorylation is a regulatory mechanism for O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase in human brain tumor cells. Cancer Res. 2000;60:282-7 pubmed..These data provide the first and conclusive evidence of AGT phosphorylation and suggest that reversible phosphorylation may control the activity of this therapeutically important DNA repair protein in human normal and cancer cells. ..
- Yazdi P, Wang Y, Zhao S, Patel N, Lee E, Qin J. SMC1 is a downstream effector in the ATM/NBS1 branch of the human S-phase checkpoint. Genes Dev. 2002;16:571-82 pubmed..Therefore, this work establishes the ATM/NBS1/SMC1 branch, and provides a molecular basis for the S-phase checkpoint defect in NBS cells. ..
- Bhave G, Zhu W, Wang H, Brasier D, Oxford G, Gereau R. cAMP-dependent protein kinase regulates desensitization of the capsaicin receptor (VR1) by direct phosphorylation. Neuron. 2002;35:721-31 pubmed..Given the significant roles of VR1 and PKA in inflammatory pain hypersensitivity, VR1 phosphorylation at Ser116 by PKA may represent an important molecular mechanism involved in the regulation of VR1 function after tissue injury. ..
- Osborn A, Elledge S. Mrc1 is a replication fork component whose phosphorylation in response to DNA replication stress activates Rad53. Genes Dev. 2003;17:1755-67 pubmed
- Zhou B, Deng J, Xia W, Xu J, Li Y, Gunduz M, et al. Dual regulation of Snail by GSK-3beta-mediated phosphorylation in control of epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Nat Cell Biol. 2004;6:931-40 pubmed..Furthermore, inhibition of GSK-3beta results in the upregulation of Snail and downregulation of E-cadherin in vivo. Thus, Snail and GSK-3beta together function as a molecular switch for many signalling pathways that lead to EMT. ..
- Zhang X, Succi J, Feng Z, Prithivirajsingh S, Story M, Legerski R. Artemis is a phosphorylation target of ATM and ATR and is involved in the G2/M DNA damage checkpoint response. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9207-20 pubmed..These results define Artemis as having a checkpoint function and suggest that the radiosensitivity and chromosomal instability of Artemis-deficient cells may be due to defects in cell cycle responses after DNA damage. ..
- Podder H, Kahan B. Janus kinase 3: a novel target for selective transplant immunosupression. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2004;8:613-29 pubmed
- Rayala S, Talukder A, Balasenthil S, Tharakan R, Barnes C, Wang R, et al. P21-activated kinase 1 regulation of estrogen receptor-alpha activation involves serine 305 activation linked with serine 118 phosphorylation. Cancer Res. 2006;66:1694-701 pubmed
- Liang J, Shao S, Xu Z, Hennessy B, Ding Z, Larrea M, et al. The energy sensing LKB1-AMPK pathway regulates p27(kip1) phosphorylation mediating the decision to enter autophagy or apoptosis. Nat Cell Biol. 2007;9:218-24 pubmed..This may contribute to tumour-cell survival under conditions of growth factor deprivation, disrupted nutrient and energy metabolism, or during stress of chemotherapy. ..