Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phosphorylation in Dallas, Texas, United States
Locale: Dallas, Texas, United States
Publications302 found, 100 shown here
- Bielinski V, Mumby M. Functional analysis of the PP2A subfamily of protein phosphatases in regulating Drosophila S6 kinase. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:3117-26 pubmed..These results indicate that PP2A, but not other members of this subfamily, is likely to be a major S6K phosphatase in intact cells and is consistent with an important role for this phosphatase in the TOR pathway. ..
- Guven Ozkan T, Nishi Y, Robertson S, Lin R. Global transcriptional repression in C. elegans germline precursors by regulated sequestration of TAF-4. Cell. 2008;135:149-60 pubmed publisher..We propose that phosphorylation by MBK-2 serves as a developmental switch, converting OMA-1/2 from oocyte to embryo regulators. ..
- Cheng C, Huang C. Activation of PI3-kinase stimulates endocytosis of ROMK via Akt1/SGK1-dependent phosphorylation of WNK1. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;22:460-71 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that PI3K-activating hormones inhibit ROMK by enhancing its endocytosis via a mechanism that involves phosphorylation of WNK1 by Akt1 and SGK1. ..
- Yamamoto Y, Yin M, Gaynor R. IkappaB kinase alpha (IKKalpha) regulation of IKKbeta kinase activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:3655-66 pubmed..These results indicate that IKKalpha, in addition to its previously described ability to phosphorylate IkappaBalpha, can increase the ability of IKKbeta to phosphorylate IkappaBalpha. ..
- Boulton T, Gregory J, Cobb M. Purification and properties of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1, an insulin-stimulated microtubule-associated protein 2 kinase. Biochemistry. 1991;30:278-86 pubmed..A sequence from the 43-kDa band led to the isolation of a cDNA encoding the enzyme, which we have named ERK1 for extracellular signal-regulated kinase (Boulton et al. (1990) Science 249, 64-67). ..
- Chen G, Hohmeier H, Newgard C. Expression of the transcription factor STAT-1 alpha in insulinoma cells protects against cytotoxic effects of multiple cytokines. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:766-72 pubmed
- Dudley C, Chakravarty S, Barnea A. Female odors lead to rapid activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) in neurons of the vomeronasal system. Brain Res. 2001;915:32-46 pubmed..Based on the wide cellular and intracellular expression of phosphorylated MAPK in the VN system, we propose that the MAPK pathway plays an important role in mediating female pheromone signaling in the male mouse. ..
- Zhang C, McKinsey T, Chang S, Antos C, Hill J, Olson E. Class II histone deacetylases act as signal-responsive repressors of cardiac hypertrophy. Cell. 2002;110:479-88 pubmed..Thus, class II HDACs act as signal-responsive suppressors of the transcriptional program governing cardiac hypertrophy and heart failure. ..
- Geguchadze R, Zhi G, Lau K, Isotani E, Persechini A, Kamm K, et al. Quantitative measurements of Ca(2+)/calmodulin binding and activation of myosin light chain kinase in cells. FEBS Lett. 2004;557:121-4 pubmed..There was no evidence for CaM binding but not activating MLCK at low [Ca(2+)](i). At saturating [Ca(2+)](i) MLCK was not fully activated probably due to limited availability of cellular Ca(2+)/CaM. ..
- Huang J, Wu S, Barrera J, Matthews K, Pan D. The Hippo signaling pathway coordinately regulates cell proliferation and apoptosis by inactivating Yorkie, the Drosophila Homolog of YAP. Cell. 2005;122:421-34 pubmed..Thus, Yki is a critical target of the Wts/Lats protein kinase and a potential oncogene. ..
- Jia J, Zhang L, Zhang Q, Tong C, Wang B, Hou F, et al. Phosphorylation by double-time/CKIepsilon and CKIalpha targets cubitus interruptus for Slimb/beta-TRCP-mediated proteolytic processing. Dev Cell. 2005;9:819-30 pubmed..We propose that phosphorylation of Ci by CKI creates multiple Slimb/beta-TRCP binding sites that act cooperatively to recruit SCF(Slimb/beta-TRCP). ..
- Clarke M, Hughes D, Zhu C, Boedeker E, Sperandio V. The QseC sensor kinase: a bacterial adrenergic receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:10420-10425 pubmed publisher..Given the role that this system plays in bacterial virulence, further characterization of this unique signaling mechanism may be important for developing novel classes of antimicrobials. ..
- Skinner M, Safford S, Reeves J, Jackson M, Freemerman A. Renal aplasia in humans is associated with RET mutations. Am J Hum Genet. 2008;82:344-51 pubmed publisher..No GFRA1 mutations were seen in any fetuses. These data suggest that in humans, mutations in RET and GDNF may contribute significantly to abnormal kidney development. ..
- Torres Altoro M, Mathur B, Drerup J, Thomas R, Lovinger D, O Callaghan J, et al. Organophosphates dysregulate dopamine signaling, glutamatergic neurotransmission, and induce neuronal injury markers in striatum. J Neurochem. 2011;119:303-13 pubmed publisher..Thus, consistent with recent findings in humans and animals, organophosphate exposure causes dysregulation in the motor/reward circuitry and invokes mechanisms associated with neurological disorders and neurodegeneration. ..
- Zhang C, Awasthi N, Schwarz M, Hinz S, Schwarz R. Superior antitumor activity of nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel in experimental gastric cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58037 pubmed publisher..Nab-paclitaxel benefits were observed independent from phosphorylated stathmin expression at baseline, putting into question the consideration of nab-paclitaxel use in gastric cancer based on this putative biomarker. ..
- Huang J, Yamashiro Y, Papke C, Ikeda Y, Lin Y, Patel M, et al. Angiotensin-converting enzyme-induced activation of local angiotensin signaling is required for ascending aortic aneurysms in fibulin-4-deficient mice. Sci Transl Med. 2013;5:183ra58, 1-11 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that fibulin-4 is a vascular matrix component required for regulation of local angiotensin signaling and development and maintenance of the SMC phenotype. ..
- Lonart G, Sudhof T. Characterization of rabphilin phosphorylation using phospho-specific antibodies. Neuropharmacology. 2001;41:643-9 pubmed..Our data support the notion that dissociated rabphilin is a synaptic phosphoprotein in vivo that may play a role in the regulation of nerve terminal protein-protein interactions. ..
- Morfini G, Szebenyi G, Elluru R, Ratner N, Brady S. Glycogen synthase kinase 3 phosphorylates kinesin light chains and negatively regulates kinesin-based motility. EMBO J. 2002;21:281-93 pubmed..These data suggest that GSK3 can regulate fast anterograde axonal transport and targeting of cargos to specific subcellular domains in neurons. ..
- Ko S, Zeng W, Dorwart M, Luo X, Kim K, Millen L, et al. Gating of CFTR by the STAS domain of SLC26 transporters. Nat Cell Biol. 2004;6:343-50 pubmed..These findings provide a new understanding of epithelial chloride and bicarbonate transport and may have important implications for both cystic fibrosis and diseases associated with SLC26T. ..
- Wang P, Weng J, Anderson R. OSBP is a cholesterol-regulated scaffolding protein in control of ERK 1/2 activation. Science. 2005;307:1472-6 pubmed..Thus, cholesterol functions through its interaction with OSBP outside of membranes to regulate the assembly of an oligomeric phosphatase that controls a key signaling pathway in the cell. ..
- Zhao L, Dong H, Zhang C, Kinch L, Osawa M, Iacovino M, et al. A JAK2 interdomain linker relays Epo receptor engagement signals to kinase activation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:26988-98 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the SH2-pseudokinase domain linker acts as a switch that relays cytokine engagement to JAK2 activation by flexing the pseudokinase domain hinge. ..
- Herbert B, Wright W, Shay J. p16(INK4a) inactivation is not required to immortalize human mammary epithelial cells. Oncogene. 2002;21:7897-900 pubmed..These findings support the concept that the so-called M0 stage represents a cell culture stress-induced growth arrest and that hTERT is sufficient to immortalize HMECs when cultured under adequate conditions. ..
- Wu R, Gu Y, Xu Y, Nwariaku F, Terada L. Vascular endothelial growth factor causes translocation of p47phox to membrane ruffles through WAVE1. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:36830-40 pubmed..Thus, WAVE1 may act as a scaffold to recruit the NADPH oxidase to a complex involved with both cytoskeletal regulation and downstream JNK activation. ..
- Ishikawa T, Yuhanna I, Umetani J, Lee W, Korach K, Shaul P, et al. LXR?/estrogen receptor-? signaling in lipid rafts preserves endothelial integrity. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:3488-97 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that LXR? has nonnuclear function in EC caveolae/lipid rafts that entails crosstalk with ER?, which promotes NO production and maintains endothelial monolayer integrity in vivo. ..
- Chen Z, Holland W, Shelton J, Ali A, Zhan X, Won S, et al. Mutation of mouse Samd4 causes leanness, myopathy, uncoupled mitochondrial respiration, and dysregulated mTORC1 signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:7367-72 pubmed publisher..Samd4 may interface with mTORC1 signaling through an interaction with 14-3-3 proteins and with Akt, which phosphorylates Samd4 in vitro. ..
- Spencer E, Jiang J, Chen Z. Signal-induced ubiquitination of IkappaBalpha by the F-box protein Slimb/beta-TrCP. Genes Dev. 1999;13:284-94 pubmed..These biochemical and genetic data strongly suggest that Slimb/beta-TrCP is the specificity determinant for the signal-induced ubiquitination of IkappaBalpha. ..
- Prajapati S, Gaynor R. Regulation of Ikappa B kinase (IKK)gamma /NEMO function by IKKbeta -mediated phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:24331-9 pubmed..These results indicate that the differential phosphorylation of IKKgamma/NEMO by IKKbeta and perhaps other kinases may be important in regulating IKK activity. ..
- Beffert U, Weeber E, Morfini G, Ko J, Brady S, Tsai L, et al. Reelin and cyclin-dependent kinase 5-dependent signals cooperate in regulating neuronal migration and synaptic transmission. J Neurosci. 2004;24:1897-906 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that both pathways function together in a parallel, rather than a simple, linear manner to coordinate neuronal migration and neurotransmission in the developing and mature brain. ..
- Tang Z, Shu H, Oncel D, Chen S, Yu H. Phosphorylation of Cdc20 by Bub1 provides a catalytic mechanism for APC/C inhibition by the spindle checkpoint. Mol Cell. 2004;16:387-97 pubmed..We speculate that inhibition of APC/C(Cdc20) by Bub1 in a catalytic fashion may partly account for the exquisite sensitivity of the spindle checkpoint. ..
- Kim K, Jo Y, Zhao L, Stallings N, Chua S, Parker K. Steroidogenic factor 1 regulates expression of the cannabinoid receptor 1 in the ventromedial hypothalamic nucleus. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:1950-61 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that SF-1 directly regulates the expression of CB1R, which has been implicated in the regulation of energy homeostasis and anxiety-like behavior. ..
- Nishi Y, Rogers E, Robertson S, Lin R. Polo kinases regulate C. elegans embryonic polarity via binding to DYRK2-primed MEX-5 and MEX-6. Development. 2008;135:687-97 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a mechanism by which MEX-5 and MEX-6 function is temporally regulated during the crucial oocyte-to-embryo transition. ..
- Khokhlatchev A, Xu S, English J, Wu P, Schaefer E, Cobb M. Reconstitution of mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphorylation cascades in bacteria. Efficient synthesis of active protein kinases. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:11057-62 pubmed..6-2.3 micromol/min/mg. Coexpression of protein kinases with their substrates in bacteria is of great value in the preparation of numerous phosphoproteins, heretofore not possible in procaryotic expression systems. ..
- Liu L, Kwak Y, Bex F, García Martínez L, Li X, Meek K, et al. DNA-dependent protein kinase phosphorylation of IkappaB alpha and IkappaB beta regulates NF-kappaB DNA binding properties. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:4221-34 pubmed..These results suggest that DNA-PK phosphorylation of IkappaB alpha increases its interaction with NF-kappaB to reduce NF-kappaB DNA binding properties. ..
- Vega R, Yang J, Rothermel B, Bassel Duby R, Williams R. Multiple domains of MCIP1 contribute to inhibition of calcineurin activity. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:30401-7 pubmed..We conclude that MCIP1 inhibits calcineurin through mechanisms that include, but are not limited to, competition with other substrates such as nuclear factor of activated T-cells. ..
- Mineo C, Yuhanna I, Quon M, Shaul P. High density lipoprotein-induced endothelial nitric-oxide synthase activation is mediated by Akt and MAP kinases. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:9142-9 pubmed..These results indicate that HDL stimulates eNOS through common upstream, Src-mediated signaling, which leads to parallel activation of Akt and MAP kinases and their resultant independent modulation of the enzyme. ..
- Wynn R, Machius M, Chuang J, Li J, Tomchick D, Chuang D. Roles of His291-alpha and His146-beta' in the reductive acylation reaction catalyzed by human branched-chain alpha-ketoacid dehydrogenase: refined phosphorylation loop structure in the active site. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:43402-10 pubmed
- He Q, Cheng P, Yang Y, He Q, Yu H, Liu Y. FWD1-mediated degradation of FREQUENCY in Neurospora establishes a conserved mechanism for circadian clock regulation. EMBO J. 2003;22:4421-30 pubmed
- Kuriyama H, Liang G, Engelking L, Horton J, Goldstein J, Brown M. Compensatory increase in fatty acid synthesis in adipose tissue of mice with conditional deficiency of SCAP in liver. Cell Metab. 2005;1:41-51 pubmed..Plasma VLDL triglycerides are dramatically reduced in L-Scap- mice, underscoring the benefits of synthesizing FAs in fat rather than liver. ..
- Wei B, Arora V, Raney A, Kuo L, Xiao G, O Neill E, et al. Activation of p21-activated kinase 2 by human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Nef induces merlin phosphorylation. J Virol. 2005;79:14976-80 pubmed..The finding that Nef induces phosphorylation of the key signaling molecule merlin suggests several possible roles for PAK2 activation in HIV pathogenesis. ..
- Das A, Chen B, Story M, Sato M, Minna J, Chen D, et al. Somatic mutations in the tyrosine kinase domain of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) abrogate EGFR-mediated radioprotection in non-small cell lung carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2007;67:5267-74 pubmed
- Qin S, Zou Y, Zhang C. Cross-talk between KLF4 and STAT3 regulates axon regeneration. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2633 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal an unexpected cross-talk between KLF4 and activated STAT3 in the regulation of axon regeneration that might have therapeutic implications in promoting repair of injured adult CNS. ..
- Xu S, Cobb M. MEKK1 binds directly to the c-Jun N-terminal kinases/stress-activated protein kinases. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:32056-60 pubmed..The data are consistent with a model in which MEKK1-JNK/SAPK binding facilitates the receipt of signals from upstream inputs and localizes JNK/SAPK to intracellular targets of the pathway. ..
- Tsuganezawa H, Sato S, Yamaji Y, Preisig P, Moe O, Alpern R. Role of c-SRC and ERK in acid-induced activation of NHE3. Kidney Int. 2002;62:41-50 pubmed..These studies suggest that acidosis activates c-Src and MEK/ERK/c-fos. While both pathways are necessary for activation of NHE3, they are activated independently. ..
- Yamamoto Y, Verma U, Prajapati S, Kwak Y, Gaynor R. Histone H3 phosphorylation by IKK-alpha is critical for cytokine-induced gene expression. Nature. 2003;423:655-9 pubmed..These results define a new nuclear role of IKK-alpha in modifying histone function that is critical for the activation of NF-kappaB-directed gene expression. ..
- Chang S, Bezprozvannaya S, Li S, Olson E. An expression screen reveals modulators of class II histone deacetylase phosphorylation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:8120-5 pubmed..Our results reveal a remarkable variety of signaling pathways that converge on the signal-responsive phosphorylation sites in HDAC5, thereby enabling HDAC5 to connect extracellular signals to the genome. ..
- Sousa E, Gonzalez G, Gilles Gonzalez M. Oxygen blocks the reaction of the FixL-FixJ complex with ATP but does not influence binding of FixJ or ATP to FixL. Biochemistry. 2005;44:15359-65 pubmed..These results clarify the mechanistic roles of the signal and regulatory partner in this signal transduction system. ..
- Sato K, Yang X, Yudate T, Chung J, Wu J, Luby Phelps K, et al. Dectin-2 is a pattern recognition receptor for fungi that couples with the Fc receptor gamma chain to induce innate immune responses. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:38854-66 pubmed..We conclude that dectin-2 is a PRR for fungi that employs signaling through FcRgamma to induce innate immune responses. ..
- Chandra M, Zhou H, Li Q, Muallem S, Hofmann S, Soyombo A. A role for the Ca2+ channel TRPML1 in gastric acid secretion, based on analysis of knockout mice. Gastroenterology. 2011;140:857-67 pubmed publisher..This study provides direct evidence for the regulation of gastric acid secretion by a TRP channel; TRPML1 is an important protein in parietal cell apical membrane trafficking. ..
- Magee J, Ikenoue T, Nakada D, Lee J, Guan K, Morrison S. Temporal changes in PTEN and mTORC2 regulation of hematopoietic stem cell self-renewal and leukemia suppression. Cell Stem Cell. 2012;11:415-28 pubmed publisher..Developmental changes in key signaling pathways therefore confer temporal changes upon stem cell self-renewal and tumor suppressor mechanisms. ..
- Chakraborty S, Li L, Puliyappadamba V, Guo G, Hatanpaa K, Mickey B, et al. Constitutive and ligand-induced EGFR signalling triggers distinct and mutually exclusive downstream signalling networks. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5811 pubmed publisher..Addition of epidermal growth factor dissociates TBK1, IRF3 and EGFR leading to a loss of IRF3 activity, Shc-EGFR association and ERK activation. Finally, we provide evidence for non-canonical EGFR signalling in glioblastoma. ..
- English J, Vanderbilt C, Xu S, Marcus S, Cobb M. Isolation of MEK5 and differential expression of alternatively spliced forms. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:28897-902 pubmed
- Robbins D, Zhen E, Owaki H, Vanderbilt C, Ebert D, Geppert T, et al. Regulation and properties of extracellular signal-regulated protein kinases 1 and 2 in vitro. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:5097-106 pubmed..Thus, the carboxyl group of glutamate can provide at least some of the features introduced by phosphothreonine in activated ERKs. ..
- Yamamoto Y, Kim D, Kwak Y, Prajapati S, Verma U, Gaynor R. IKKgamma /NEMO facilitates the recruitment of the IkappaB proteins into the IkappaB kinase complex. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:36327-36 pubmed..These results suggest that an important function of IKKgamma/NEMO is to facilitate the association of both IKKbeta and IkappaB in the high molecular weight IKK complex to increase IkappaB phosphorylation. ..
- Yang Y, Cheng P, Zhi G, Liu Y. Identification of a calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase that phosphorylates the Neurospora circadian clock protein FREQUENCY. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:41064-72 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that multiple kinases may phosphorylate FRQ in vivo...
- Jia J, Amanai K, Wang G, Tang J, Wang B, Jiang J. Shaggy/GSK3 antagonizes Hedgehog signalling by regulating Cubitus interruptus. Nature. 2002;416:548-52 pubmed..We propose that Sgg/GSK3 acts in conjunction with PKA to cause hyperphosphorylation of Ci, which targets it for proteolytic processing, and that Hh opposes Ci proteolysis by promoting its dephosphorylation. ..
- Rutter J, Probst B, McKnight S. Coordinate regulation of sugar flux and translation by PAS kinase. Cell. 2002;111:17-28 pubmed..These studies provide evidence of a cell-autonomous signaling system that both controls and connects the balance of fuel consumption/storage to protein synthesis. ..
- He Q, Liu Y. Molecular mechanism of light responses in Neurospora: from light-induced transcription to photoadaptation. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2888-99 pubmed..Finally, phosphorylation was also shown to inhibit the LRE-binding activity of D-WCC (dark WC complex), suggesting that it plays an important role in the circadian negative feedback loop. ..
- Oktay Y, Dioum E, Matsuzaki S, Ding K, Yan L, Haller R, et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor 2alpha regulates expression of the mitochondrial aconitase chaperone protein frataxin. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:11750-6 pubmed..These findings expand upon the previously defined role of HIF-2alpha in the cellular response to oxidative stress and identify a novel link of HIF-2alpha with mitochondrial homeostasis. ..
- Skinner M, Lackey K, Freemerman A. RET activation inhibits doxorubicin-induced apoptosis in SK-N-MC cells. Anticancer Res. 2008;28:2019-25 pubmed..MTC might be rendered more responsive to chemotherapeutic agents by the co-administration of a RET kinase inhibitor. ..
- Zhou L, Choi H, Li W, Xu F, Herz J. LRP1 controls cPLA2 phosphorylation, ABCA1 expression and cellular cholesterol export. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6853 pubmed publisher..LRP1 thus functions as a physiological integrator of cellular lipid homeostasis with signals that regulate cellular proliferation and vascular wall integrity. ..
- Duan L, Cobb M. Calcineurin increases glucose activation of ERK1/2 by reversing negative feedback. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:22314-9 pubmed publisher..Blocking calcineurin activity in ? cells prevents dephosphorylation of B-Raf T401 and decreases B-Raf and ERK1/2 activities. We conclude that the major calcineurin-dependent event in glucose sensing by ERK1/2 is the activation of B-Raf. ..
- Cha J, Yuan H, Liu Y. Regulation of the activity and cellular localization of the circadian clock protein FRQ. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:11469-78 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the rhythmic FRQ phosphorylation profile observed is an important part of the negative feedback mechanism that drives robust circadian gene expression...
- Tan O, Ornek T, Fadiel A, Carrick K, Arici A, Doody K, et al. Expression and activation of the membrane-cytoskeleton protein ezrin during the normal endometrial cycle. Fertil Steril. 2012;97:192-9.e2 pubmed publisher..These findings may have functional implications, especially for implantation biology. ..
- Wei Y, Zou Z, Becker N, Anderson M, Sumpter R, Xiao G, et al. EGFR-mediated Beclin 1 phosphorylation in autophagy suppression, tumor progression, and tumor chemoresistance. Cell. 2013;154:1269-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, oncogenic receptor tyrosine kinases directly regulate the core autophagy machinery, which may contribute to tumor progression and chemoresistance. ..
- Liu H, Jia L, Yu H. Phospho-H2A and cohesin specify distinct tension-regulated Sgo1 pools at kinetochores and inner centromeres. Curr Biol. 2013;23:1927-33 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that Bub1-mediated H2A phosphorylation penetrates kinetochores and that this histone mark contributes to a tension-sensitive Sgo1-based molecular switch for chromosome segregation. ..
- Nguyen K, Sreelatha A, Durrant E, López Garrido J, Muszewska A, Dudkiewicz M, et al. Phosphorylation of spore coat proteins by a family of atypical protein kinases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E3482-91 pubmed publisher..subtilis spores. Collectively, our results define a family of atypical protein kinases and reveal an unexpected role for protein phosphorylation in spore biology. ..
- Yi M, Tong G, Murry B, Mendelson C. Role of CBP/p300 and SRC-1 in transcriptional regulation of the pulmonary surfactant protein-A (SP-A) gene by thyroid transcription factor-1 (TTF-1). J Biol Chem. 2002;277:2997-3005 pubmed..This suggests that cAMP-mediated TTF-1 phosphorylation facilitates interaction with CBP and SRC-1, resulting in its hyperacetylation, further enhancing TTF-1 DNA-binding and transcriptional activity. ..
- Sakata J, Abe Y, Uyeda K. Molecular cloning of the DNA and expression and characterization of rat testes fructose-6-phosphate,2-kinase:fructose-2,6-bisphosphatase. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:15764-70 pubmed..4 microM. The enzyme was phosphorylated by Fru-2,6[2-32P]P2 and also by protein kinase C, but not by cAMP-dependent protein kinase, which is in contrast to the liver and heart isozymes. ..
- Gallagher E, Xu S, Moomaw C, Slaughter C, Cobb M. Binding of JNK/SAPK to MEKK1 is regulated by phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:45785-92 pubmed..Phosphorylation of this site inhibits binding of JNK/SAPK to MEKK1. Thus, we propose a mechanism by which the MEKK1-dependent JNK/SAPK pathway is negatively regulated by PAK through phosphorylation of serine 67. ..
- Gale M, Blakely C, Darveau A, Romano P, Korth M, Katze M. P52rIPK regulates the molecular cochaperone P58IPK to mediate control of the RNA-dependent protein kinase in response to cytoplasmic stress. Biochemistry. 2002;41:11878-87 pubmed
- Gu Y, Xu Y, Wu R, Nwariaku F, Souza R, Flores S, et al. p47phox participates in activation of RelA in endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:17210-7 pubmed
- Sozio M, Mathis M, Young J, Walchli S, Pitcher L, Wrage P, et al. PTPH1 is a predominant protein-tyrosine phosphatase capable of interacting with and dephosphorylating the T cell receptor zeta subunit. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:7760-9 pubmed..This is the first reported demonstration that PTPH1 is a candidate PTPase capable of interacting with and dephosphorylating TCR zeta. ..
- Sato M, Vaughan M, Girard L, Peyton M, Lee W, Shames D, et al. Multiple oncogenic changes (K-RAS(V12), p53 knockdown, mutant EGFRs, p16 bypass, telomerase) are not sufficient to confer a full malignant phenotype on human bronchial epithelial cells. Cancer Res. 2006;66:2116-28 pubmed
- Asaithamby A, Uematsu N, Chatterjee A, Story M, Burma S, Chen D. Repair of HZE-particle-induced DNA double-strand breaks in normal human fibroblasts. Radiat Res. 2008;169:437-46 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data demonstrate that the inability of cells to rejoin DSBs within clustered DNA lesions likely contributes to the greater biological effectiveness of HZE particles. ..
- Kitamura K, Kangawa K, Matsuo H, Uyeda K. Phosphorylation of myocardial fructose-6-phosphate,2-kinase: fructose-2,6-bisphosphatase by cAMP-dependent protein kinase and protein kinase C. Activation by phosphorylation and amino acid sequences of the phosphorylation sites. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:16796-801 pubmed..The seryl residue nearest the N terminus was the residue specifically phosphorylated by cAMP-dependent protein kinase, whereas the threonine residue nearest the C terminus was phosphorylated by protein kinase C. ..
- Li X, Fang X, Gaynor R. Role of IKKgamma/nemo in assembly of the Ikappa B kinase complex. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:4494-500 pubmed..These results suggest that recruitment of the IKKs into a high molecular complex by IKKgamma/NEMO is a crucial step involved in IKK function. ..
- Nwariaku F, Liu Z, Zhu X, Turnage R, Sarosi G, Terada L. Tyrosine phosphorylation of vascular endothelial cadherin and the regulation of microvascular permeability. Surgery. 2002;132:180-5 pubmed..Modulating AJ protein phosphorylation may provide targets for therapy during inflammation. ..
- Yang Y, He Q, Cheng P, Wrage P, Yarden O, Liu Y. Distinct roles for PP1 and PP2A in the Neurospora circadian clock. Genes Dev. 2004;18:255-60 pubmed..Furthermore, PP1 and PP2A expressed in Neurospora can dephosphorylate the endogenous FRQ in vitro, suggesting that these two phosphatases may differentially regulate FRQ and, consequently, the behavior of the circadian clock...
- Yang G, Ge H, Boucher A, Yu X, Li C. Modulation of direct leptin signaling by soluble leptin receptor. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:1354-62 pubmed..Because plasma SLR levels are independently regulated by many different physiological and pathophysiological conditions, SLR may modulate the actions of leptin in tissues in which direct action of leptin has been demonstrated. ..
- Wong K, Zhang J, Awasthi S, Sharma A, Rogers L, Matlock E, et al. Nerve growth factor receptor signaling induces histone acetyltransferase domain-dependent nuclear translocation of p300/CREB-binding protein-associated factor and hGCN5 acetyltransferases. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:55667-74 pubmed
- He Q, Shu H, Cheng P, Chen S, Wang L, Liu Y. Light-independent phosphorylation of WHITE COLLAR-1 regulates its function in the Neurospora circadian negative feedback loop. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:17526-32 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that phosphorylation of these sites negatively regulates the function of WC-1 in the circadian negative feedback loop and is important for the function of the Neurospora circadian clock. ..
- McClung C, Sidiropoulou K, Vitaterna M, Takahashi J, White F, Cooper D, et al. Regulation of dopaminergic transmission and cocaine reward by the Clock gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:9377-81 pubmed..These findings demonstrate the involvement of a circadian-associated gene, Clock, in regulating dopamine function and cocaine reward. ..
- Torres E, Rosen M. Protein-tyrosine kinase and GTPase signals cooperate to phosphorylate and activate Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (WASP)/neuronal WASP. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:3513-20 pubmed..4 kcal/mol between the two activators. These combined effects provide mechanisms for high specificity in WASP activation by coincident GTPase and kinase signals. ..
- King M, Ismail A, Davis L, Karp D. Oxidative stress promotes polarization of human T cell differentiation toward a T helper 2 phenotype. J Immunol. 2006;176:2765-72 pubmed..These results suggest that oxidative stress favors a Th2-polarizing condition. ..
- Wang Q, Pan J, Snell W. Intraflagellar transport particles participate directly in cilium-generated signaling in Chlamydomonas. Cell. 2006;125:549-62 pubmed..Our results lead to a model in which the IFT machinery is required not only for assembling cilia and flagella but also for organizing a signaling pathway within the organelles during cilium-generated signaling. ..
- Wei Y, Pattingre S, Sinha S, Bassik M, Levine B. JNK1-mediated phosphorylation of Bcl-2 regulates starvation-induced autophagy. Mol Cell. 2008;30:678-88 pubmed publisher..These findings define a mechanism that cells use to regulate autophagic activity in response to nutrient status. ..