Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Dallas, Texas, United States
Locale: Dallas, Texas, United States
Topic: middle aged
Publications445 found, 100 shown here
- Janis J, Hatef D, Ducic I, Ahmad J, Wong C, Hoxworth R, et al. Anatomy of the auriculotemporal nerve: variations in its relationship to the superficial temporal artery and implications for the treatment of migraine headaches. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010;125:1422-8 pubmed publisher..A topographical map of the relationship between these two structures may serve as a guide for surgeons interested in decompressing the nerve from the artery when indicated. ..
- Khandelwal N, James L, Sanders C, Larson A, Lee W. Unrecognized acetaminophen toxicity as a cause of indeterminate acute liver failure. Hepatology. 2011;53:567-76 pubmed publisher..N-Acetylcysteine use was limited in this group, presumably because of the lack of a specific diagnosis of acetaminophen toxicity. ..
- Dolmatch B, Duch J, Winder R, Butler G, Kershen M, Patel R, et al. Salvage of angioplasty failures and complications in hemodialysis arteriovenous access using the FLUENCY Plus Stent Graft: technical and 180-day patency results. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2012;23:479-87 pubmed publisher..Factors that favored improved patency included larger diameter devices, use in AVFs, and avoiding placement across the elbow joint. ..
- Budatha M, Silva S, Montoya T, Suzuki A, Shah Simpson S, Wieslander C, et al. Dysregulation of protease and protease inhibitors in a mouse model of human pelvic organ prolapse. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56376 pubmed publisher..These data collectively suggest that the balance between proteases and their inhibitors contributes to support of the pelvic organs in humans and mice. ..
- Huo X, Zhang X, Yu C, Zhang Q, Cheng E, Wang D, et al. In oesophageal squamous cells exposed to acidic bile salt medium, omeprazole inhibits IL-8 expression through effects on nuclear factor-?B and activator protein-1. Gut. 2014;63:1042-52 pubmed publisher..These previously unrecognised PPI effects might contribute to the healing of reflux oesophagitis. ..
- Wood R, Togias A, Wildfire J, Visness C, Matsui E, Gruchalla R, et al. Development of cockroach immunotherapy by the Inner-City Asthma Consortium. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014;133:846-52.e6 pubmed publisher..No safety concerns were raised in any age group. These pilot studies suggest that immunotherapy with cockroach allergen is more likely to be effective with SCIT. ..
- Ali M, Yopp A, Gopal P, Beg M, Zhu H, Lee W, et al. A Variant in PNPLA3 Associated With Fibrosis Progression but not Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Patients With Hepatitis C Virus Infection. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016;14:295-300 pubmed publisher..29; 95% CI, 0.97-1.99). Based on data from the HALT-C trial, the PNPLA3 CG/GG SNP at rs738409 is associated with fibrosis progression but not development of HCC in patients with HCV infection. ..
- Smith J, Vukelja S, Hoffman A, Jones V, McIntyre K, Berrak E, et al. Phase II, Multicenter, Single-Arm, Feasibility Study of Eribulin Combined With Capecitabine for Adjuvant Treatment in Estrogen Receptor-Positive, Early-Stage Breast Cancer. Clin Breast Cancer. 2016;16:31-7 pubmed publisher..Full-dose eribulin (1.4 mg/m(2) on days 1 and 8) with capecitabine (1500 mg orally twice daily, 7 days on/7 days off) is recommended as a regimen for further evaluation. ..
- Swearingen S, White C, Weidert S, Hinds M, Narro J, Guarascio A. A multidimensional antimicrobial stewardship intervention targeting aztreonam use in patients with a reported penicillin allergy. Int J Clin Pharm. 2016;38:213-7 pubmed publisher..Further trials are needed to assess the utility of similar antimicrobial stewardship interventions for patients with penicillin allergy. ..
- Gerardo C, Quackenbush E, Lewis B, Rose S, Greene S, Toschlog E, et al. The Efficacy of Crotalidae Polyvalent Immune Fab (Ovine) Antivenom Versus Placebo Plus Optional Rescue Therapy on Recovery From Copperhead Snake Envenomation: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Clinical Trial. Ann Emerg Med. 2017;70:233-244.e3 pubmed publisher..Treatment with FabAV reduces limb disability measured by the Patient-Specific Functional Scale 14 days after copperhead envenomation. ..
- McLaughlin C, Kearns N, Bennett M, Roden Foreman J, Roden Foreman K, Rainey E, et al. Alcohol and drug toxicology screens at time of hospitalization do not predict PTSD or depression after traumatic injury. Am J Surg. 2017;214:390-396 pubmed publisher..Future research using validated measures of problematic substance use is needed to better understand how misuse may influence the development of psychological distress. ..
- Rosero E, Joshi G. Hospital readmission after ambulatory laparoscopic cholecystectomy: incidence and predictors. J Surg Res. 2017;219:108-115 pubmed publisher..Some causes of readmission (e.g., pain, nausea, and vomiting) are modifiable by the intervention of surgeons and anesthesia providers. ..
- Kessler H, Unterman B. Respiratory epithelial adenomatoid hamartoma of the maxillary sinus presenting as a periapical radiolucency: a case report and review of the literature. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2004;97:607-12 pubmed..Conservative surgical removal is curative and recurrence has not been reported...
- Garg A, Hernandez M, Sousa A, Subramanyam L, Martínez de Villarreal L, Dos Santos H, et al. An autosomal recessive syndrome of joint contractures, muscular atrophy, microcytic anemia, and panniculitis-associated lipodystrophy. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;95:E58-63 pubmed publisher..The molecular genetic basis of this disorder remains to be elucidated. ..
- Agarwal A, Giacchetti G, Lavery G, Nikkila H, Palermo M, Ricketts M, et al. CA-Repeat polymorphism in intron 1 of HSD11B2 : effects on gene expression and salt sensitivity. Hypertension. 2000;36:187-94 pubmed..We conclude that polymorphisms in HSD11B2 and decreased 11-HSD2 activity are associated with sensitivity to sodium loading, but a functional explanation for these associations remains to be elucidated. ..
- Feldman M, Shewmake K, Cryer B. Time course inhibition of gastric and platelet COX activity by acetylsalicylic acid in humans. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2000;279:G1113-20 pubmed..In conclusion, aspirin inhibits gastric COX activity for much longer than predicted from its pharmacokinetic profile, explaining why aspirin at widely spaced intervals is ulcerogenic...
- Schussler J, Cameron C, Anwar A, Donsky M, Johnson K, Vallabhan R, et al. Effect of bivalirudin on length of stay in the recovery area after percutaneous coronary intervention compared with heparin alone, heparin + abciximab, or heparin + eptifibatide. Am J Cardiol. 2004;94:1417-9 pubmed..0005). Patients who received bivalirudin took significantly less time for the activated clotting time (ACT) to normalize despite significantly higher average ACTs and significantly fewer subtherapeutic ACTs. ..
- Kapur P, Rakheja D, Roy L, Hoang M. Fatty acid synthase expression in cutaneous melanocytic neoplasms. Mod Pathol. 2005;18:1107-12 pubmed..This may represent persistence of or regression to a fetal phenotype since normal fetal tissues are known to express high levels of fatty acid synthase. ..
- Li J, Canham R, Vongpatanasin W, Leonard D, Auchus R, Victor R. Do allelic variants in alpha2A and alpha2C adrenergic receptors predispose to hypertension in blacks?. Hypertension. 2006;47:1140-6 pubmed..Both the DraI restriction fragment length polymorphism in ADRA2A and the ADRA2C (Del 322 to 325) can be excluded as major candidate alleles for hypertension in blacks. ..
- Nishida N, Nagasaka T, Kashiwagi K, Boland C, Goel A. High copy amplification of the Aurora-A gene is associated with chromosomal instability phenotype in human colorectal cancers. Cancer Biol Ther. 2007;6:525-33 pubmed..Our data confirm involvement in the CDC4-cyclin E pathway of the development of the CIN phenotype in human CRC, and find that amplification of the Aurora-A is a common target for disruption of this pathway. ..
- Cheng Y, Kessler H, Wright J, Huang E, Lin J, Lin L, et al. Salivary gland malignancy with divergent differentiation: is it a teratocarcinosarcoma?. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2007;104:82-8 pubmed..The pathological features and diagnoses of these malignant lesions are discussed...
- Reece E, Schaverien M, Rohrich R. The paramedian forehead flap: a dynamic anatomical vascular study verifying safety and clinical implications. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008;121:1956-63 pubmed publisher..Forehead vasculature has been studied; however, anatomical relationships to the forehead flap have not been adequately examined. This anatomical study evaluated the vascular anatomy of the paramedian forehead flap...
- Hauck E, Welch B, White J, Purdy P, Pride L, Samson D. Preoperative embolization of cerebral arteriovenous malformations with onyx. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2009;30:492-5 pubmed publisher..2% per patient). A considerable risk for a permanent neurologic deficit remains for cAVM embolization with Onyx. The risk has to be carefully weighted against the benefit of volume reduction in the treatment of cAVMs. ..
- Lakoski S, Lagace T, Cohen J, Horton J, Hobbs H. Genetic and metabolic determinants of plasma PCSK9 levels. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:2537-43 pubmed publisher..Although levels of PCSK9 correlate with plasma levels of LDL-C, they account for only a small proportion of the variation in the levels of this lipoprotein. ..
- Calvillo King L, Xuan L, Zhang S, Tuhrim S, Halm E. Predicting risk of perioperative death and stroke after carotid endarterectomy in asymptomatic patients: derivation and validation of a clinical risk score. Stroke. 2010;41:2786-94 pubmed publisher..The CEA-8 risk score can help clinicians calculate a predicted probability of complications for an individual patient to help inform the decision about revascularization. ..
- Chong B, Tseng L, Lee T, Vasquez R, Li Q, Zhang S, et al. IgG and IgM autoantibody differences in discoid and systemic lupus patients. J Invest Dermatol. 2012;132:2770-9 pubmed publisher..Higher IgM autoantibodies against selected antigens in healthy and DLE+SLE- subjects may be nonpathogenic. ..
- Hadidi O, Mohammad A, Zankar A, Brilakis E, Banerjee S. Embolic capture angioplasty in peripheral artery interventions. J Endovasc Ther. 2012;19:611-6 pubmed publisher..5%) procedures. Embolic capture angioplasty with the Proteus angioplasty balloon catheter during peripheral artery interventions is technically feasible and captures debris in a large proportion of the cases. ..
- Berry J, Pandey A, Gao A, Leonard D, Farzaneh Far R, Ayers C, et al. Physical fitness and risk for heart failure and coronary artery disease. Circ Heart Fail. 2013;6:627-34 pubmed..001) and no association in women (0.97 [0.83-1.13]; P=0.68). Fitness in healthy, middle-aged adults is more strongly associated with heart failure hospitalization than acute myocardial infarction outcomes decades later in older age. ..
- Grear B, Rabinovich A, Brodsky J. Charcot arthropathy of the foot and ankle associated with rheumatoid arthritis. Foot Ankle Int. 2013;34:1541-7 pubmed publisher..Further study is required to expand on this relationship between the 2 diseases. Level IV, retrospective case series. ..
- Brahmer J, Lee J, Traynor A, Hidalgo M, Kolesar J, Siegfried J, et al. Dosing to rash: a phase II trial of the first-line erlotinib for patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Study (E3503). Eur J Cancer. 2014;50:302-8 pubmed publisher..Dose escalation to the development of grade 2 skin rash was associated with improved survival in this patient population. ..
- Stacey R, Andersen M, Haag J, Hall M, McLeod G, Upadhya B, et al. Right ventricular morphology and systolic function in left ventricular noncompaction cardiomyopathy. Am J Cardiol. 2014;113:1018-23 pubmed publisher..04 and p <0.001, respectively). In conclusion, RV dysfunction in a morphologic LVNC population is strongly associated with adverse clinical events. LVNC is associated with increased trabeculations of the RV apex. ..
- Jenssen B, Mitra N, Shah A, Wan F, Grande D. Using Digital Technology to Engage and Communicate with Patients: A Survey of Patient Attitudes. J Gen Intern Med. 2016;31:85-92 pubmed publisher..Participants were most supportive of using email for communication. Contrary to previous studies, among users of technology, low socioeconomic status and racial/ethnic minorities were equally or more likely to support use. ..
- Zhang Y, Kapur P, Yuan Q, Xi Y, Carvo I, Signoretti S, et al. Tumor Vascularity in Renal Masses: Correlation of Arterial Spin-Labeled and Dynamic Contrast-Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging Assessments. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2016;14:e25-36 pubmed publisher..PASL correlated with the DCE-derived measures of vascular permeability and flow, K(trans) and Kep, in renal masses > 2 cm in size. Both measures correlated to MVD in clear cell histology. ..
- Sanda M, Feng Z, Howard D, Tomlins S, Sokoll L, Chan D, et al. Association Between Combined TMPRSS2:ERG and PCA3 RNA Urinary Testing and Detection of Aggressive Prostate Cancer. JAMA Oncol. 2017;3:1085-1093 pubmed publisher..Combined urinary testing for T2:ERG and PCA3 can avert unnecessary biopsy while retaining robust sensitivity for detecting aggressive prostate cancer with consequent potential health care cost savings. ..
- Sullivan L, Bowne S, Koboldt D, Cadena E, Heckenlively J, Branham K, et al. A Novel Dominant Mutation in SAG, the Arrestin-1 Gene, Is a Common Cause of Retinitis Pigmentosa in Hispanic Families in the Southwestern United States. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:2774-2784 pubmed publisher..The mutation accounts for 3% of the 300 families in the adRP Cohort and 36% of Hispanic families in this cohort. ..
- Ratliff A, Wilson J, Hum M, Marling Cason M, Rose K, Winick N, et al. Phase I and pharmacokinetic trial of aminopterin in patients with refractory malignancies. J Clin Oncol. 1998;16:1458-64 pubmed..We conclude that AMT has good oral bioavailability and that, when given on a q12 hour x two weekly schedule, the MTD is 2 mg/m2 with delayed LV rescue. ..
- Garg A, Vinaitheerthan M, Weatherall P, Bowcock A. Phenotypic heterogeneity in patients with familial partial lipodystrophy (dunnigan variety) related to the site of missense mutations in lamin a/c gene. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001;86:59-65 pubmed..Therefore, a unique phenotype of atypical FPLD may result from disrupted interaction of lamin A with other proteins and chromatin compared with typical FPLD, in which interaction of both lamins A and C may be disrupted. ..
- Gonwa T, Mai M, Melton L, Hays S, Goldstein R, Levy M, et al. End-stage renal disease (ESRD) after orthotopic liver transplantation (OLTX) using calcineurin-based immunotherapy: risk of development and treatment. Transplantation. 2001;72:1934-9 pubmed..However, an increase of serum creatinine at various times postoperatively is more predictive of the development of CRF or ESRD. New strategies for long-term immunosuppression may be needed to decrease this complication. ..
- Brown E, Frol A, Bobadilla L, Nejtek V, Perantie D, Dhillon H. Effect of lamotrigine on mood and cognition in patients receiving chronic exogenous corticosteroids. Psychosomatics. 2003;44:204-8 pubmed..These pilot data suggest that lamotrigine may be associated with improved mood and performance on cognitive tasks in steroid-treated patients. Larger controlled trials are needed to confirm these preliminary findings...
- LeBlanc D, Reece E, Horton J, Janis J. Increasing incidence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in hand infections: a 3-year county hospital experience. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2007;119:935-40 pubmed..aureus. These data also have implications for broader application regarding simple skin infections and current antibiotic treatment algorithms. ..
- Shin S, Nagasaka T, Jung B, Matsubara N, Kim W, Carethers J, et al. Epigenetic and genetic alterations in Netrin-1 receptors UNC5C and DCC in human colon cancer. Gastroenterology. 2007;133:1849-57 pubmed..Furthermore, the timing of the molecular alterations in the Netrin-1 receptors is not random because UNC5C inactivation occurs early, whereas DCC losses occurs in later stages of multistep colorectal carcinogenesis. ..
- Svatek R, Karam J, Roehrborn C, Karakiewicz P, Slawin K, Shariat S. Preoperative plasma endoglin levels predict biochemical progression after radical prostatectomy. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:3362-6 pubmed publisher..More importantly, higher preoperative plasma endoglin levels are independent predictors of an increased risk of biochemical progression in patients treated with radical prostatectomy and bilateral pelvic lymphadenectomy. ..
- Chen K, Lindsey J, Khera A, de Lemos J, Ayers C, Goyal A, et al. Independent associations between metabolic syndrome, diabetes mellitus and atherosclerosis: observations from the Dallas Heart Study. Diab Vasc Dis Res. 2008;5:96-101 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, both MetS and DM are independently associated with an increased prevalence of atherosclerosis, with the highest observed prevalence in subjects with both DM and MetS. ..
- Zhang S, Hayashi R, Fujii M, Hasegawa Y, Yoshino K, Fukayama M, et al. Total microvessel perimeter per tumor area is a predictor of radiosensitivity in early-stage glottic carcinoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009;73:1104-9 pubmed publisher..High TP/TA may be a better indication for radiotherapy than for partial laryngectomy or laser excision. ..
- Olsen N, Branch V, Jonnala G, Seskar M, Cooper M. Phase 1, placebo-controlled, dose escalation trial of chicory root extract in patients with osteoarthritis of the hip or knee. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2010;11:156 pubmed publisher..The results of this pilot study suggest that a proprietary bioactive extract of chicory root has a potential role in the management of OA and merits further investigation. Clinicaltrials.gov identifier: NCT 01010919. ..
- Wilson H, Mayer T, Gatchel R. The lack of association between changes in functional outcomes and work retention in a chronic disabling occupational spinal disorder population: implications for the minimum clinical important difference. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2011;36:474-80 pubmed publisher..This finding contrasts to reports of responsiveness based on distributional methods, or methods using self-report anchors of change. ..
- Parikh S, Saya S, Divanji P, Banerjee S, Selzer F, Abbott J, et al. Risk of death and myocardial infarction in patients with peripheral arterial disease undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (from the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute Dynamic Registry). Am J Cardiol. 2011;107:959-64 pubmed publisher..29 to 0.73, p = 0.001). In conclusion, despite significant improvements in medical therapy and a decrease in repeat revascularization over time, patients with PAD who undergo PCI have a persistent high rate of death and MI. ..
- Gerber D, Stopeck A, Wong L, Rosen L, Thorpe P, Shan J, et al. Phase I safety and pharmacokinetic study of bavituximab, a chimeric phosphatidylserine-targeting monoclonal antibody, in patients with advanced solid tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:6888-96 pubmed publisher..Pharmacokinetic studies support a weekly dosing regimen. Additional phase I and II clinical trials are in progress to investigate bavituximab in combination with chemotherapy and other molecularly targeted agents. ..
- Toiyama Y, Takahashi M, Hur K, Nagasaka T, Tanaka K, Inoue Y, et al. Serum miR-21 as a diagnostic and prognostic biomarker in colorectal cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2013;105:849-59 pubmed publisher..Moreover, serum miR-21 was an independent prognostic marker for CRC (hazard ratio = 4.12; 95% CI = 1.10 to 15.4; P = .03). Serum miR-21 is a promising biomarker for the early detection and prognosis of CRC. ..
- Birch D, Locke K, Wen Y, Locke K, Hoffman D, Hood D. Spectral-domain optical coherence tomography measures of outer segment layer progression in patients with X-linked retinitis pigmentosa. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2013;131:1143-50 pubmed publisher..Unlike visual fields and electroretinograms, however, the repeat variability is less than the annual rate of change. These results support the validity of EZ width as an outcome measure in prospective clinical trials in RP. ..
- Banerjee S, Pershwitz G, Sarode K, Mohammad A, Abu Fadel M, Baig M, et al. Stent and Non-Stent Based Outcomes of Infrainguinal Peripheral Artery Interventions From the Multicenter XLPAD Registry. J Invasive Cardiol. 2015;27:14-8 pubmed..Operators use stents to primarily treat complex SFA lesions with overall similar outcomes, except for fewer amputations compared to a non-stent strategy. ..
- Schievink B, de Zeeuw D, Smink P, Andress D, Brennan J, Coll B, et al. Prediction of the effect of atrasentan on renal and heart failure outcomes based on short-term changes in multiple risk markers. Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2016;23:758-68 pubmed publisher..The ongoing hard outcome trial (SONAR) in type 2 diabetic patients with >30% albuminuria reduction to atrasentan will allow us to assess the validity of these predictions. ..
- Christopoulos G, Kandzari D, Yeh R, Jaffer F, Karmpaliotis D, Wyman M, et al. Development and Validation of a Novel Scoring System for Predicting Technical Success of Chronic Total Occlusion Percutaneous Coronary Interventions: The PROGRESS CTO (Prospective Global Registry for the Study of Chronic Total Occlusion Intervention). JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2016;9:1-9 pubmed publisher..720 vs. 0.746, area under the curve difference = 0.026, 95% confidence interval = -0.093 to 0.144). The PROGRESS CTO score is a novel useful tool for estimating technical success in CTO PCI performed using the hybrid approach. ..
- Sher D, Schwartz D, Nedzi L, Khan S, Hughes R, Fidler M, et al. Comparative effectiveness of induction chemotherapy for oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma: A population-based analysis. Oral Oncol. 2016;54:58-67 pubmed publisher..Subset analysis revealed a small cohort of aggressive cancer (T4/N3 HPV-negative) which may benefit from from IC, although selection bias could not be ruled out. ..
- Fajkovic H, Mathieu R, Lucca I, Hiess M, HÃ¼bner N, Al Hussein Al Awamlh B, et al. Validation of lymphovascular invasion is an independent prognostic factor for biochemical recurrence after radical prostatectomy. Urol Oncol. 2016;34:233.e1-6 pubmed publisher..Adverse further studies with strict definitions of LVI and longer follow-up periods are needed to determine the prognostic and predictive utility of LVI in the management of PC. ..
- Giuliano A, Ballman K, McCall L, Beitsch P, Brennan M, Kelemen P, et al. Effect of Axillary Dissection vs No Axillary Dissection on 10-Year Overall Survival Among Women With Invasive Breast Cancer and Sentinel Node Metastasis: The ACOSOG Z0011 (Alliance) Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2017;318:918-926 pubmed publisher..These findings do not support routine use of axillary lymph node dissection in this patient population based on 10-year outcomes. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT00003855. ..
- Maruyama R, Toyooka S, Toyooka K, Virmani A, Zochbauer Muller S, Farinas A, et al. Aberrant promoter methylation profile of prostate cancers and its relationship to clinicopathological features. Clin Cancer Res. 2002;8:514-9 pubmed..43, P < 0.0001) and the preoperative serum PSA (coefficient = 0.37, P = 0.0003). Our results indicate that the methylation profile of prostate cancers correlates with clinicopathological features of poor prognosis. ..
- Wilson K, McKenna R, Kroft S, Dawson D, Ansari Q, Schneider N. Primary effusion lymphomas exhibit complex and recurrent cytogenetic abnormalities. Br J Haematol. 2002;116:113-21 pubmed..2 and Xq22 as well as +8, +15, +19, +X and -Y as recurring chromosome abnormalities. The identification of recurring cytogenetic aberrations may lead to delineation of the genetic events in PEL. ..
- Xu Y, McKenna R, Kroft S. Assessment of CD10 in the diagnosis of small B-cell lymphomas: a multiparameter flow cytometric study. Am J Clin Pathol. 2002;117:291-300 pubmed
- Coln D, Gunning T, Ramsay M, Swygert T, Vera R. Early experience with the Nuss minimally invasive correction of pectus excavatum in adults. World J Surg. 2002;26:1217-21 pubmed..The procedure is effective for correcting pectus excavatum in selected patients. Early results are dependent upon adequate bar stabilization and pain control. The long-term results in adults are unknown. ..
- Hoang M, Murakata L, Katabi N, Henson D, Albores Saavedra J. Invasive papillary carcinomas of the extrahepatic bile ducts: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of 13 cases. Mod Pathol. 2002;15:1251-8 pubmed..Our findings suggest that there is no correlation between p53, Ki-67, and Dpc4 expression in these tumors and survival of the patients...
- Johnson D, Saboorian M, Duchene D, Ogan K, Cadeddu J. Nephrectomy after radiofrequency ablation-induced ureteropelvic junction obstruction: potential complication and long-term assessment of ablation adequacy. Urology. 2003;62:351-2 pubmed..RFA can completely destroy renal cell carcinoma in situ without histologic evidence of persistence or recurrence for up to 1 year after treatment. Care must be taken to avoid concurrent damage to the collecting system. ..
- Liang C, Nelson O, Yazdani U, Pasbakhsh P, German D. Inverse relationship between the contents of neuromelanin pigment and the vesicular monoamine transporter-2: human midbrain dopamine neurons. J Comp Neurol. 2004;473:97-106 pubmed
- Hatanpaa K, Blass D, Pletnikova O, Crain B, Bigio E, Hedreen J, et al. Most cases of dementia with hippocampal sclerosis may represent frontotemporal dementia. Neurology. 2004;63:538-42 pubmed..Brain levels of soluble and insoluble tau were normal. Most patients with pathologic findings of HSD may actually have the MNDID variant of FTD. ..
- Keiser P, Sension M, DeJesus E, Rodriguez A, Olliffe J, Williams V, et al. Substituting abacavir for hyperlipidemia-associated protease inhibitors in HAART regimens improves fasting lipid profiles, maintains virologic suppression, and simplifies treatment. BMC Infect Dis. 2005;5:2 pubmed
- Awwad S, Heilman M, Hogan R, Parmar D, Petroll W, McCulley J, et al. Severe reactive ischemic posterior segment inflammation in acanthamoeba keratitis: a new potentially blinding syndrome. Ophthalmology. 2007;114:313-20 pubmed..To describe a newly recognized clinical syndrome in Acanthamoeba keratitis consisting of severe reactive ischemic posterior segment vascular inflammation...
- Refaai M, Warkentin T, Axelson M, Matevosyan K, Sarode R. Delayed-onset heparin-induced thrombocytopenia, venous thromboembolism, and cerebral venous thrombosis: a consequence of heparin "flushes". Thromb Haemost. 2007;98:1139-40 pubmed
- Ghaemmaghami V, Sperry J, Gunst M, Friese R, Starr A, Frankel H, et al. Effects of early use of external pelvic compression on transfusion requirements and mortality in pelvic fractures. Am J Surg. 2007;194:720-3; discussion 723 pubmed..92), need for pelvic angioembolization (11% vs 15%, P = .35), or 24-hour transfusions (5.2 +/- 10 vs 4.6 +/- 9 U, P = .64). Early EMC with pelvic binders does not reduce hemorrhage or mortality associated with pelvic fractures. ..
- Simpson L, Atkins D, Gattis K, Christensen A. Low-level relationship aggression and couple therapy outcomes. J Fam Psychol. 2008;22:102-11 pubmed publisher..In addition, couples maintained very low levels of physical aggression during and after treatment and showed reductions in psychological aggression when relationship and individual functioning improved. ..
- Roe C, Yang B, Brunengraber H, Roe D, Wallace M, Garritson B. Carnitine palmitoyltransferase II deficiency: successful anaplerotic diet therapy. Neurology. 2008;71:260-4 pubmed publisher..The triheptanoin diet seems to be an effective therapy for adult-onset carnitine palmitoyltransferase II deficiency. ..
- Rush A, Wisniewski S, Warden D, Luther J, Davis L, Fava M, et al. Selecting among second-step antidepressant medication monotherapies: predictive value of clinical, demographic, or first-step treatment features. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2008;65:870-80 pubmed publisher..Little is known about selecting among second-step medications for major depressive disorder after intolerance or lack of remission with an initial selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor...
- Warner J, Weideman R, Kelly K, Brilakis E, Banerjee S, Cunningham F, et al. The risk of acute myocardial infarction with etodolac is not increased compared to naproxen: a historical cohort analysis of a generic COX-2 selective inhibitor. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. 2008;13:252-60 pubmed publisher..26-fold risk for another acute myocardial infarction if taking celecoxib or rofecoxib. Etodolac is not associated with a statistically increased risk of acute myocardial infarction compared to naproxen. ..
- Fu Q, Shibata S, Hastings J, Prasad A, Palmer M, Levine B. Evidence for unloading arterial baroreceptors during low levels of lower body negative pressure in humans. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2009;296:H480-8 pubmed publisher..e., -10 and -15 mmHg) of LBNP in humans. Thus "selective" unloading of cardiopulmonary baroreceptors cannot be presumed to occur during these levels of mild LBNP. ..
- Schiødt F, Chung R, Schilsky M, Hay J, Christensen E, Lee W. Outcome of acute liver failure in the elderly. Liver Transpl. 2009;15:1481-7 pubmed publisher..However, overall survival was better for younger non-acetaminophen patients. Fewer older patients were listed for transplantation. ..
- Huebinger R, Garner H, Barber R. Pathway genetic load allows simultaneous evaluation of multiple genetic associations. Burns. 2010;36:787-92 pubmed publisher..011) and death (aOR=1.75; 95%CI=1.11-2.76; p=0.017). Relative size and variability of aORs indicate greater power to detect genetic associations with PGL compared to the analysis of loci individually by multivariate logistic regression. ..
- Keisner S, Shah S, Jean G, Ussery S, Dowell J. Retrospective analysis of the consequences of acid suppressive therapy on ketoconazole efficacy in advanced castration-resistant prostate cancer. Ann Pharmacother. 2010;44:1538-44 pubmed publisher..Larger studies are needed to verify the clinical impact of acid suppressive therapy in combination with ketoconazole. ..
- Gupta S, Rohatgi A, Ayers C, Patel P, Matulevicius S, Peshock R, et al. Risk scores versus natriuretic peptides for identifying prevalent stage B heart failure. Am Heart J. 2011;161:923-930.e2 pubmed publisher..01-0.03, P < .05 for all). Screening for stage B HF in the population is enhanced when natriuretic peptides are measured in addition to, rather than in place of, traditional risk scores. ..
- Harrison L, Adams Huet B, Raskin P, Lingvay I. ?-cell function preservation after 3.5 years of intensive diabetes therapy. Diabetes Care. 2012;35:1406-12 pubmed publisher..83). ?-Cell function can be preserved for at least 3.5 years with early and intensive therapy for type 2 diabetes with either insulin plus metformin or triple oral therapy after an initial 3-month insulin-based treatment period. ..
- Galusha Glasscock J, Horton D, Weiner M, Cullum C. Video Teleconference Administration of the Repeatable Battery for the Assessment of Neuropsychological Status. Arch Clin Neuropsychol. 2016;31:8-11 pubmed publisher..Similar RBANS scores were obtained in both test conditions, with generally high correlations between administration methods. Results support the feasibility and reliability of remote administration of the RBANS via VTC. ..
- Olazagasti J, Ma J, Wetter D. Clinical Features, Etiologic Factors, Associated Disorders, and Treatment of Palmoplantar Pustulosis: The Mayo Clinic Experience, 1996-2013. Mayo Clin Proc. 2017;92:1351-1358 pubmed publisher..Regarding comorbid conditions, gluten sensitivity and thyroid disease were found less frequently than previously reported in the literature. Treatment regimens and responses in this cohort varied considerably. ..
- Poor M, Hall J, Poor A. Reduction in the incidence of alveolar osteitis in patients treated with the SaliCept patch, containing Acemannan hydrogel. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2002;60:374-9; discussion 379 pubmed..6% compared with 1.1% in the SaliCept-treated group (P <.0001). The study results suggest that the SaliCept Patch significantly reduces the incidence of AO compared with clindamycin-soaked Gelfoam. ..
- Rohrich R, Griffin J, Adams W. Rhinophyma: review and update. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2002;110:860-69; quiz 870 pubmed..The etiology and epidemiology of rhinophyma. 3. Associated diagnosis that can complicate rhinophyma. 4. Common nonsurgical and surgical therapies for rhinophyma. 5. A safe and integrated treatment plan for the patient with rhinophyma. ..
- Pak C, Poindexter J, Peterson R, Koska J, Sakhaee K. Biochemical distinction between hyperuricosuric calcium urolithiasis and gouty diathesis. Urology. 2002;60:789-94 pubmed..The varying biochemical and physicochemical presentations of the two conditions can be ascribed to overindulgence with purine-rich foods in those with HUCU and underlying primary gout in those with GD. ..
- Haque W, Oral E, Dietz K, Bowcock A, Agarwal A, Garg A. Risk factors for diabetes in familial partial lipodystrophy, Dunnigan variety. Diabetes Care. 2003;26:1350-5 pubmed..We conclude that increased adiposity as reflected by excess subcutaneous fat accumulation in the chin region and parity may predispose women with FPLD to develop diabetes. ..
- Psarros T, Krumerman J, Coimbra C. Endoscopic management of supratentorial ventricular neurocysticercosis: case series and review of the literature. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 2003;46:331-4 pubmed..The ease of performing septostomies and third ventriculostomies in conjunction with cyst removal makes these procedures appealing and practical for most cases of ventricular cysticercosis. ..
- Busti A, Murillo J, Cryer B. Tegaserod-induced myocardial infarction: case report and hypothesis. Pharmacotherapy. 2004;24:526-31 pubmed..When considering prescribing a drug with 5-HT1 receptor agonist activity, clinicians should review the patient's medical history specifically for the presence of underlying cardiovascular risk factors. ..