Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Dallas, Texas, United States
Locale: Dallas, Texas, United States
Topic: middle aged
Publications327 found, 100 shown here
- Antonetti J, Antonetti A. Reducing seroma in outpatient abdominoplasty: analysis of 516 consecutive cases. Aesthet Surg J. 2010;30:418-25 pubmed publisher..Over the past 30 years, the preferred techniques and settings for abdominoplasty have evolved considerably, but controversy remains regarding the surgical and postoperative approaches that best limit serious complications such as seroma...
- Margulis V, Youssef R, Karakiewicz P, Lotan Y, Wood C, Zigeuner R, et al. Preoperative multivariable prognostic model for prediction of nonorgan confined urothelial carcinoma of the upper urinary tract. J Urol. 2010;184:453-8 pubmed publisher..This preoperative prediction model can be used for designing clinical trials, selecting patients for preoperative systemic therapy and guiding the extent of concomitant lymph node dissection at nephroureterectomy. ..
- Mantry P, Munsaf S. Rifaximin for the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy. Transplant Proc. 2010;42:4543-7 pubmed publisher..02). Rifaximin was better tolerated than lactulose. Addition of rifaximin to lactulose therapy significantly reduced the risk and duration of hospitalizations for hepatic encephalopathy. ..
- Montoya T, Luebbehusen H, Schaffer J, Wai C, Rahn D, Corton M. Sensory neuropathy following suspension of the vaginal apex to the proximal uterosacral ligaments. Int Urogynecol J. 2012;23:1735-40 pubmed publisher..The objectives of this study were to assess the rate of sensory neuropathy symptoms following transvaginal USLS at a single institution during a 5-year period and to describe the evaluation, management, and outcomes in these patients...
- Vaeth P, Caetano R, Rodriguez L. The Hispanic Americans Baseline Alcohol Survey (HABLAS): the association between acculturation, birthplace and alcohol consumption across Hispanic national groups. Addict Behav. 2012;37:1029-37 pubmed publisher..The effect of acculturation is therefore gender-specific. This heterogeneity across Hispanic national groups must be considered in future research, treatment, and prevention efforts. ..
- Bachmann J, Willis B, Ayers C, Khera A, Berry J. Association between family history and coronary heart disease death across long-term follow-up in men: the Cooper Center Longitudinal Study. Circulation. 2012;125:3092-8 pubmed publisher..9% and 21% versus 14.1%, respectively). Premature family history was associated with a persistent increase in both CHD and CVD mortality risk across long-term follow-up, resulting in significantly higher lifetime risk estimates. ..
- Nesbitt S, Shojaee A, Maa J, Weir M. Efficacy of an amlodipine/olmesartan treatment algorithm in patients with or without type 2 diabetes and hypertension (a secondary analysis of the BP-CRUSH study). J Hum Hypertens. 2013;27:445-52 pubmed publisher..Treatment was well tolerated, with low rates of peripheral edema. In summary, switching to a treatment algorithm based on AML/OM±HCTZ after failed monotherapy was safe and improved BP control in patients with hypertension and T2DM. ..
- Mansour M, He C, Al Farra S, Khuder S, Wright J, Kessler H, et al. Sarcoidosis and Sjögren's syndrome: clinical and salivary evaluation. J Oral Pathol Med. 2013;42:594-9 pubmed publisher..768, 0.718, and 1.000, respectively). Salivary protein electrophoresis does not appear to be useful to differentiate between sarcoidosis and Sjögren's syndrome. ..
- Price A, Raheja P, Wang Z, Arbique D, Adams Huet B, Mitchell J, et al. Differential effects of nebivolol versus metoprolol on functional sympatholysis in hypertensive humans. Hypertension. 2013;61:1263-9 pubmed publisher..Clinical Trial Registration- URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT01502787...
- Rosenstock J, Gross J, Aguilar Salinas C, Hissa M, Berglind N, Ravichandran S, et al. Long-term 4-year safety of saxagliptin in drug-naive and metformin-treated patients with Type 2 diabetes. Diabet Med. 2013;30:1472-6 pubmed publisher..From baseline to week 154, HbA(1c) decreased with saxagliptin but increased with placebo. Saxagliptin monotherapy or add-on to metformin is generally safe and well tolerated, with no increased risk of hypoglycaemia, for up to 4 years. ..
- Amini N, Margonis G, Kim Y, Tran T, Postlewait L, Maithel S, et al. Curative Resection of Adrenocortical Carcinoma: Rates and Patterns of Postoperative Recurrence. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:126-33 pubmed publisher..Although a subset of patients experienced recurrence with locoregional disease only, many patients experienced recurrence with distant disease as a component of recurrence and had a poor prognosis. ..
- Robson P, Madhuranthakam A, Smith M, Sun M, Dai W, Rofsky N, et al. Volumetric Arterial Spin-labeled Perfusion Imaging of the Kidneys with a Three-dimensional Fast Spin Echo Acquisition. Acad Radiol. 2016;23:144-54 pubmed publisher..3D ASL renal perfusion imaging provides isotropic-resolution images, with comparable quantitative perfusion values and image SNR in similar imaging time to single-slice 2D ASL. ..
- Zhang G, Pfefferbaum B, Narayanan P, Lee S, Thielman S, North C. Psychiatric disorders after terrorist bombings among rescue workers and bombing survivors in Nairobi and rescue workers in Oklahoma City. Ann Clin Psychiatry. 2016;28:22-30 pubmed
- Rosero E, Joshi G, Minhajuddin A, Timaran C, Modrall J. Effects of hospital safety-net burden and hospital volume on failure to rescue after open abdominal aortic surgery. J Vasc Surg. 2017;66:404-412 pubmed publisher..Future investigations should be aimed at better understanding the relationship between safety-net hospital burden and FTR to design interventions to improve outcomes after open abdominal aortic surgery. ..
- Patetsios P, Gable D, Garrett W, Lamont J, Kuhn J, Shutze W, et al. Management of carotid body paragangliomas and review of a 30-year experience. Ann Vasc Surg. 2002;16:331-8 pubmed..Our experience demonstrates that early operative management is warranted to avoid the possibility of eventual metastasis and progressive local invasion to the point of inoperability...
- Sakhaee K, Adams Huet B, Moe O, Pak C. Pathophysiologic basis for normouricosuric uric acid nephrolithiasis. Kidney Int. 2002;62:971-9 pubmed..Although net acid excretion is maintained at the expense of increased titratable acidity and to some degree hypocitraturia, the compromise is acid urine pH and may result in uric acid nephrolithiasis. ..
- White P, Issioui T, Hu J, Jones S, Coleman J, Waddle J, et al. Comparative efficacy of acustimulation (ReliefBand) versus ondansetron (Zofran) in combination with droperidol for preventing nausea and vomiting. Anesthesiology. 2002;97:1075-81 pubmed..Furthermore, the acustimulation device enhanced the antiemetic efficacy of ondansetron after plastic surgery. ..
- Brown A. A review of the déjà vu experience. Psychol Bull. 2003;129:394-413 pubmed..Systematic research is needed on the prevalence and etiology of this culturally familiar cognitive experience, and several laboratory models may help clarify this illusion of recognition. ..
- Baseman D, O Suilleabhain P, Reimold S, Laskar S, Baseman J, Dewey R. Pergolide use in Parkinson disease is associated with cardiac valve regurgitation. Neurology. 2004;63:301-4 pubmed..4). The composite valve score (the sum of valve scores for each of the four valves) was a function of lifetime pergolide use. Pergolide may injure cardiac valves, resulting most commonly in tricuspid regurgitation. ..
- Wheatley G, Wait M, Jessen M. Infective endocarditis associated with a scorpion sting. Ann Thorac Surg. 2005;80:1489-90 pubmed..Both patients completed a 6-week postoperative course of antibiotic therapy and are without recurrent infection...
- Nguyen N, Frank C, Moltz C, Vos P, Smith H, Bhamidipati P, et al. Aspiration rate following chemoradiation for head and neck cancer: an underreported occurrence. Radiother Oncol. 2006;80:302-6 pubmed..Diagnostic studies such as MBS should be part of future head and neck cancer prospective studies to assess the prevalence of aspiration, and for rehabilitation. ..
- Dineen S, Smith S, Arko F. Successful percutaneous angioplasty and stenting of the radial artery in a patient with chronic upper extremity ischemia and digital gangrene. J Endovasc Ther. 2007;14:426-8 pubmed..To report percutaneous treatment of a chronic radial artery occlusion in a multimorbid patient with ischemic tissue loss...
- Dersh J, Mayer T, Gatchel R, Towns B, Theodore B, Polatin P. Psychiatric comorbidity in chronic disabling occupational spinal disorders has minimal impact on functional restoration socioeconomic outcomes. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2007;32:1917-25 pubmed..Despite these findings, the large majority of patients demonstrated successful outcomes. Depression did not independently link to less successful outcomes. ..
- Blum J, Savin M, Edelman G, Pippen J, Robert N, Geister B, et al. Phase II study of weekly albumin-bound paclitaxel for patients with metastatic breast cancer heavily pretreated with taxanes. Clin Breast Cancer. 2007;7:850-6 pubmed publisher..Survival of patients with SD > or = 16 weeks was similar to that of responders. ..
- Chapa H, Venegas G, Antonetti A, Van Duyne C, Sandate J, Bakker K. In-office endometrial ablation and clinical correlation of reduced menstrual blood loss and effects on dysmenorrhea and premenstrual symptomatology. J Reprod Med. 2009;54:232-8 pubmed..In-office Thermachoice III endometrial ablation results in decreased dysmenorrhea and improved mood in relation to decreased menstrual blood loss. ..
- Stewart W, Pfeiffer N, Mathis H. Meta-analysis of articles evaluating routine intraocular pressure control in monotherapy in the United States and Germany. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2009;19:769-75 pubmed..To evaluate routine intraocular pressure (IOP) control in monotherapy patients in the United States and Germany...
- Patel S, Beshay V, Escobar J, Suzuki T, Carr B. Molecular mechanism for repression of 17alpha-hydroxylase expression and androstenedione production in granulosa cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:5163-8 pubmed publisher..This may provide an explanation for the lack of CYP17 in granulosa cells. ..
- Link A, Shin S, Nagasaka T, Balaguer F, Koi M, Jung B, et al. JC virus mediates invasion and migration in colorectal metastasis. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8146 pubmed publisher..Frequent expression of JCV T-Ag in CRC liver metastasis provides further clues supporting a mechanistic role for JCV as a possible mediator of cellular motility and invasion in CRC. ..
- Kimura M, Nito T, Imagawa H, Sakakibara K, Chan R, Tayama N. Collagen injection for correcting vocal fold asymmetry: high-speed imaging. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2010;119:359-68 pubmed..The present study showed that after collagen injection, these aspects of vibratory patterns improved toward symmetry. This surgical procedure could improve the functional symmetry of the larynx for phonation. ..
- Vaeth P, Caetano R, Mills B, Rodriguez L. Alcohol-related social problems among Mexican Americans living in U.S.-Mexico border and non-border areas. Addict Behav. 2012;37:998-1001 pubmed publisher..Regardless of residence, alcohol treatment and preventive interventions tailored to Mexican Americans are essential and special attention should be focused on younger individuals near the border. ..
- Narasimhan K, Stuzin J, Rohrich R. Five-step neck lift: integrating anatomy with clinical practice to optimize results. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013;132:339-50 pubmed publisher..The authors' approach modifies the classic techniques of the past, and seeks a nuanced approach to each patient by resuspension and reshaping of deeper neck elements...
- Hatanpaa K, Raisanen J, Herndon E, Burns D, Foong C, Habib A, et al. Hippocampal sclerosis in dementia, epilepsy, and ischemic injury: differential vulnerability of hippocampal subfields. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2014;73:136-42 pubmed publisher..019). The proximal-middle CA1 was the only area affected in 50% of H-I, 29% of HS-TLE, and 0% of HS-FTLD cases (p=0.004). These findings support heterogeneity in the pathogenesis of HS. ..
- Tarumi T, Ayaz Khan M, Liu J, Tseng B, Tseng B, Parker R, et al. Cerebral hemodynamics in normal aging: central artery stiffness, wave reflection, and pressure pulsatility. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2014;34:971-8 pubmed publisher..In older participants, higher pulsatility of CBF was associated with the greater total volume of WMH. These findings indicate that central arterial aging has an important role in age-related differences in cerebral hemodynamics. ..
- Yadlapati R, Gawron A, Keswani R, Bilimoria K, Castell D, Dunbar K, et al. Identification of Quality Measures for Performance ofÂ andÂ Interpretation of Data From Esophageal Manometry. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016;14:526-534.e1 pubmed publisher..These measures represent key aspects of a high-quality esophageal manometry study and should be adopted uniformly. These measures should be evaluated in clinical practice to determine how they affect patient outcomes. ..
- Guerra A, Rangan B, Coleman A, Xu H, Kotsia A, Christopoulos G, et al. Effect of Extended-Release Niacin on Carotid Intima Media Thickness, Reactive Hyperemia, and Endothelial Progenitor Cell Mobilization: Insights From the Atherosclerosis Lesion Progression Intervention Using Niacin Extended Release in Saphenous Vein G. J Invasive Cardiol. 2015;27:555-60 pubmed..65 Â± 28.41 vs -5.87 Â± 30.23 EPC colony forming units/mL of peripheral blood; P=.02). ER-niacin did not have a significant impact on CIMT or endothelial function, but increased EPC mobilization. ..
- Kotecha D, Manzano L, Krum H, Rosano G, Holmes J, Altman D, et al. Effect of age and sex on efficacy and tolerability of ? blockers in patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction: individual patient data meta-analysis. BMJ. 2016;353:i1855 pubmed publisher..Irrespective of age or sex, patients with HFrEF in sinus rhythm should receive ? blockers to reduce the risk of death and admission to hospital.Registration PROSPERO CRD42014010012; Clinicaltrials.gov NCT00832442. ..
- Baselga J, Morales S, Awada A, Blum J, Tan A, Ewertz M, et al. A phase II study of combined ridaforolimus and dalotuzumab compared with exemestane in patients with estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2017;163:535-544 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the combination is not being further pursued. ..
- Seabra M, Brown M, Goldstein J. Retinal degeneration in choroideremia: deficiency of rab geranylgeranyl transferase. Science. 1993;259:377-81 pubmed..The data imply the existence of multiple component A proteins, one of which is missing in choroideremia...
- Daneshgari F, Zimmern P, Jacomides L. Magnetic resonance imaging detection of symptomatic noncommunicating intraurethral wall diverticula in women. J Urol. 1999;161:1259-61; discussion 1261-2 pubmed..MRI of the urethra revealed noncommunicating intraurethral wall diverticula, which were excised. Urethral MRI should be considered in women with lower urinary tract symptoms secondary to a suspected urethral pathology. ..
- Bieligk S, Calvo B, Coit D. Peritoneovenous shunting for nongynecologic malignant ascites. Cancer. 2001;91:1247-55 pubmed..1, and a BUN to Cr ratio of < 19 yielded the best results. In the current study, palliation was difficult to assess accurately, although most patients were discharged or lost > 1kg of weight after shunting. ..
- Shigematsu H, Takahashi T, Nomura M, Majmudar K, Suzuki M, Lee H, et al. Somatic mutations of the HER2 kinase domain in lung adenocarcinomas. Cancer Res. 2005;65:1642-6 pubmed..EGFR, HER2, and KRAS mutations are mutually exclusive, suggesting different pathways to lung cancer in smokers and never smokers. ..
- Adinoff B, Krebaum S, Chandler P, Ye W, Brown M, Williams M. Dissection of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis pathology in 1-month-abstinent alcohol-dependent men, part 1: adrenocortical and pituitary glucocorticoid responsiveness. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2005;29:517-27 pubmed..A decrease in stress-axis responsivity in alcohol dependence may have implications for treatment outcome. ..
- Nguyen N, Moltz C, Frank C, Karlsson U, Smith H, Nguyen P, et al. Severity and duration of chronic dysphagia following treatment for head and neck cancer. Anticancer Res. 2005;25:2929-34 pubmed..Excessive scarring following treatment may be responsible for the persistence and severity of dysphagia. Physicians should be aware of the long-term effects of dysphagia on patient nutrition and psychological well-being. ..
- Sigauke E, Rakheja D, Maddox D, Hladik C, White C, Timmons C, et al. Absence of expression of SMARCB1/INI1 in malignant rhabdoid tumors of the central nervous system, kidneys and soft tissue: an immunohistochemical study with implications for diagnosis. Mod Pathol. 2006;19:717-25 pubmed..Immunohistochemistry to assess expression of SMARCB1/INI1 may be useful in the diagnosis of rhabdoid tumors of the CNS, kidneys and soft tissue. ..
- Dugi D, Morey A. Penoscrotal plication as a uniform approach to reconstruction of penile curvature. BJU Int. 2010;105:1440-4 pubmed publisher..PSP is safe and effective and should be considered even for cases with severe or biplanar curvature. ..
- Yang F, Fuller J, Khodaparast N, Krawczyk D. Figurative language processing after traumatic brain injury in adults: a preliminary study. Neuropsychologia. 2010;48:1923-9 pubmed publisher..TBI patients' impaired abstraction of novel stimuli may stem from reduced prefrontal control of semantic memory as well as disrupted interconnectivity of prefrontal cortex with other regions. ..
- Siddiqui A, Sreenarasimhaiah J, Lara L, Harford W, Lee C, Eloubeidi M. Endoscopic ultrasound-guided transduodenal placement of a fully covered metal stent for palliative biliary drainage in patients with malignant biliary obstruction. Surg Endosc. 2011;25:549-55 pubmed publisher..EUSBD with a fully covered SEMS in whom ERCP is unsuccessful is effective for palliation of biliary obstruction. The limitations of our study are that we had a small number of patients and a limited follow-up time. ..
- Timaran C, Rosero E, Martinez A, Ilarraza A, Modrall J, Clagett G. Atherosclerotic plaque composition assessed by virtual histology intravascular ultrasound and cerebral embolization after carotid stenting. J Vasc Surg. 2010;52:1188-94 pubmed publisher..The role of VH-IVUS in evaluating plaque composition during CAS remains unestablished and warrants further investigation. ..
- Vigen R, Weideman R, Reilly R. Thiazides diuretics in the treatment of nephrolithiasis: are we using them in an evidence-based fashion?. Int Urol Nephrol. 2011;43:813-9 pubmed publisher..This may have resulted from a practice pattern of using lower doses for hypertension therapy or a lack of knowledge of RCT results in treatment of CCKS. ..
- Hu M, Shi M, Zhang J, QUINONES H, Kuro O M, Moe O. Klotho deficiency is an early biomarker of renal ischemia-reperfusion injury and its replacement is protective. Kidney Int. 2010;78:1240-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, endogenous Klotho not only serves as an early biomarker for AKI but also functions as a renoprotective factor with therapeutic potential. ..
- Roehrborn C, Kaplan S, Lepor H, Volinn W. Symptomatic and urodynamic responses in patients with reduced or no seminal emission during silodosin treatment for LUTS and BPH. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2011;14:143-8 pubmed publisher..75 times those for RE- patients (P=0.0127). Absence of seminal emission may predict superior treatment efficacy of silodosin in individual patients. ..
- Bedimo R, Westfall A, Drechsler H, Vidiella G, Tebas P. Abacavir use and risk of acute myocardial infarction and cerebrovascular events in the highly active antiretroviral therapy era. Clin Infect Dis. 2011;53:84-91 pubmed publisher..Abacavir use was more common than was tenofovir use among patients with prior chronic kidney disease, and chronic kidney disease independently predicted higher rates of AMI and CVA. ..
- Matulevicius S, Rohatgi A, Das S, Price A, Deluna A, Reimold S. Appropriate use and clinical impact of transthoracic echocardiography. JAMA Intern Med. 2013;173:1600-7 pubmed publisher..8%) among TTEs mostly classified as appropriate (91.8%) highlights the need for a better method to optimize TTE utilization to use limited health care resources efficiently while providing high-quality care. ..
- Hill S, Reilly J, Ragozzino M, Rubin L, Bishop J, Gur R, et al. Regressing to Prior Response Preference After Set Switching Implicates Striatal Dysfunction Across Psychotic Disorders: Findings From the B-SNIP Study. Schizophr Bull. 2015;41:940-50 pubmed publisher..Preclinical data indicate that this deficit could be related to altered function in a neural system that may include the dorsal striatum or other elements of frontostriatal systems. ..
- Brown T, Hinojosa L, Cline K, Black S, Jamieson M, Starr A. Lack of Acute Hand Care in the Southwest United States. J Orthop Trauma. 2016;30:e129-31 pubmed publisher..Further research is needed to identify methods to remove barriers to provision of care for patients with hand trauma. Prognostic Level IV. See Instructions for Authors for a complete description of levels of evidence. ..
- Wallenstein G, Kanik K, Wilkinson B, Cohen S, Cutolo M, Fleishmann R, et al. Effects of the oral Janus kinase inhibitor tofacitinib on patient-reported outcomes in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis: results of two Phase 2 randomised controlled trials. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2016;34:430-42 pubmed..In patients with active RA, tofacitinib, either in combination with methotrexate or as monotherapy, demonstrated rapid and sustained improvement in pain, physical functioning and health-related quality of life. ..
- Hariri A, Velaga S, Girach A, Ip M, Le P, Lam B, et al. Measurement and Reproducibility of Preserved Ellipsoid Zone Area and Preserved Retinal Pigment Epithelium Area in Eyes With Choroideremia. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;179:110-117 pubmed publisher..These variables would be potential anatomic outcome measures for CHM clinical trials and could be studied and tracked longitudinally in choroideremia. ..
- Song L, Liu L, Miller R, Yan S, Jackson N, Holt S, et al. Glucocorticoid-responsive lymphocytic parathyroiditis and hypocalciuric hypercalcemia due to autoantibodies against the calcium-sensing receptor: a case report and literature review. Eur J Endocrinol. 2017;177:K1-K6 pubmed publisher..Although subtotal parathyroidectomy is unlikely to correct the hypercalcemia, this entity may respond to a short course of prednisone therapy. ..
- Rahimi A, Thomas K, Spangler A, Rao R, Leitch M, Wooldridge R, et al. Preliminary Results of a Phase 1 Dose-Escalation Trial for Early-Stage Breast Cancer Using 5-Fraction Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy for Partial-Breast Irradiation. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;98:196-205.e2 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to show the safety, tolerability, feasibility, and cosmesis results of a 5-fraction dose-escalated S-PBI treatment for early-stage breast cancer in the adjuvant setting. ..
- Fu Q, Verheyden B, Wieling W, Levine B. Cardiac output and sympathetic vasoconstrictor responses during upright tilt to presyncope in healthy humans. J Physiol. 2012;590:1839-48 pubmed publisher..However, an intrinsic impairment of vasomotor responsiveness and sympathetic baroreflex function is not the cause of neurally mediated (pre)syncope in this population. ..
- Harskamp R, Alexander J, Schulte P, Jones W, Williams J, Mack M, et al. Impact of extracardiac vascular disease on vein graft failure and outcomes after coronary artery bypass surgery. Ann Thorac Surg. 2014;97:824-30 pubmed publisher..This higher risk may be partly, but not exclusively, due to higher rates of VGF among these patients. ..
- Shorrock D, Christopoulos G, Wosik J, Kotsia A, Rangan B, Abdullah S, et al. Impact of a Disposable Sterile Radiation Shield on Operator Radiation Exposure During Percutaneous Coronary Intervention of Chronic Total Occlusions. J Invasive Cardiol. 2015;27:313-6 pubmed..5-31 Î¼Sv] vs 15 Î¼Sv [IQR, 7-23 Î¼Sv]; P=.07). Operator radiation exposure during CTO-PCI can be reduced to levels similar to less complicated cases with the use of a disposable sterile radiation protection shield. ..
- Taylor C, Kopitnik T, Samson D, Purdy P. Treatment and outcome in 30 patients with posterior cerebral artery aneurysms. J Neurosurg. 2003;99:15-22 pubmed..The approach is determined, in part, by the anatomical location and size of the aneurysm and the presence of underlying disease and neurological deficits. ..
- Mooty R, Rath P, Self M, Dunn E, Mangram A. Review of tracheo-esophageal fistula associated with endotracheal intubation. J Surg Educ. 2007;64:237-40 pubmed..To illustrate and review this clinical problem, a case of an iatrogenic TEF as a consequence of excessive endotracheal cuff pressures is reported. ..
- Mosier E, Lin V, Zimmern P. Extracellular matrix expression of human prolapsed vaginal wall. Neurourol Urodyn. 2010;29:582-6 pubmed publisher..To the contrary, this defective prolapsed tissue can signal its need for ECM replenishment. The message, however, is not being effectively translated to assist in tissue remodeling. ..
- Baldwin A, Rothman A, Jeffery R. Satisfaction with weight loss: examining the longitudinal covariation between people's weight-loss-related outcomes and experiences and their satisfaction. Ann Behav Med. 2009;38:213-24 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that people's weight loss satisfaction systematically covaries with ongoing changes in weight-loss-related outcomes and experiences. The findings help elucidate how people derive satisfaction with weight loss. ..
- Chen E, Sclair S, Czul F, Apica B, Dubin P, Martin P, et al. A small percentage of patients with hepatitis C receive triple therapy with boceprevir or telaprevir. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013;11:1014-20.e1-2 pubmed publisher..This low percentage might result from concerns of side effects and recognition that more effective medications could be available in the future. ..
- Gupta V, Malone A, Hari P, Ahn K, Hu Z, Gale R, et al. Reduced-intensity hematopoietic cell transplantation for patients with primary myelofibrosis: a cohort analysis from the center for international blood and marrow transplant research. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2014;20:89-97 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that RIC HCT is a potentially curative option for patients with MF, and that donor type is the most important factor influencing survival in these patients. ..
- Rosen H, Biggins S, Niki T, Gralla J, Hillman H, Hirashima M, et al. Association Between Plasma Level of Galectin-9 and Survival of Patients With Drug-Induced Acute Liver Failure. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016;14:606-612.e3 pubmed publisher..These data might be used to determine patient prognoses and prioritize patients for liver transplantation. ClinicalTrials.gov ID NCT00518440. ..
- Hong D, Kurzrock R, Kim Y, Woessner R, Younes A, Nemunaitis J, et al. AZD9150, a next-generation antisense oligonucleotide inhibitor of STAT3 with early evidence of clinical activity in lymphoma and lung cancer. Sci Transl Med. 2015;7:314ra185 pubmed publisher..AZD9150 preclinical activity translated into single-agent antitumor activity in patients with highly treatment-refractory lymphoma and non-small cell lung cancer in a phase 1 dose-escalation study. ..
- Ding K, Gong Y, Modur P, Diaz Arrastia R, Agostini M, Gupta P, et al. Temporal lobe volume predicts Wada memory test performance in patients with mesial temporal sclerosis. Epilepsy Res. 2016;120:25-30 pubmed publisher..49-0.63, p=0.005-0.04). Our study suggests that volume loss in the nonsurgical temporal structures is associated with nonlateralized Wada memory results in patients with intractable TLE. ..
- Gavva C, Sarode R, Agrawal D, Burner J. Therapeutic plasma exchange for hypertriglyceridemia induced pancreatitis: A rapid and practical approach. Transfus Apher Sci. 2016;54:99-102 pubmed publisher..5 days. There were no complications related to TPE. One TPE procedure is an effective method for reducing plasma triglycerides and possibly decreases the length of hospital stay in patients admitted with HTP. ..
- Shukla A, Jha M, Birchfield T, Mukherjee S, Gleason K, Abdisalaam S, et al. COMT val158met polymorphism and molecular alterations in the human dorsolateral prefrontal cortex: Differences in controls and in schizophrenia. Schizophr Res. 2016;173:94-100 pubmed publisher..In schizophrenia val homozygotes, these adaptations are not seen and could reflect pathophysiologic mechanisms related to the known poorer performance of these subjects on DLPFC-dependent tasks. ..
- Skiest D, Crosby C. Survival is prolonged by highly active antiretroviral therapy in AIDS patients with primary central nervous system lymphoma. AIDS. 2003;17:1787-93 pubmed..To determine the effects of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) on survival in AIDS-related primary central nervous system lymphoma (PCNSL)...
- Cohen J, Pertsemlidis A, Fahmi S, Esmail S, Vega G, Grundy S, et al. Multiple rare variants in NPC1L1 associated with reduced sterol absorption and plasma low-density lipoprotein levels. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:1810-5 pubmed
- Genta R, Pusztaszeri M. The gastric mucosa in gastric cancer patients in a low-incidence area. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006;18:1085-93 pubmed
- Senzer N, Nemunaitis J, Nemunaitis M, Lamont J, Gore M, Gabra H, et al. p53 therapy in a patient with Li-Fraumeni syndrome. Mol Cancer Ther. 2007;6:1478-82 pubmed..Relationships between these clinical, radiographic, and molecular markers may prove useful in guiding future application of p53 tumor suppressor therapy...
- Stern J, Park S, Anderson J, Landman J, Pearle M, Cadeddu J. Functional assessment of crossing vessels as etiology of ureteropelvic junction obstruction. Urology. 2007;69:1022-4 pubmed..6 +/- 4.5 cm H2O to 9.5 +/- 6.6 cm H2O, P = 0.006). In this pilot study, lower pole crossing vessels directly contributed to UPJ obstruction by causing extrinsic compression. ..
- Diaz de Leon A, Cronkhite J, Katzenstein A, Godwin J, Raghu G, Glazer C, et al. Telomere lengths, pulmonary fibrosis and telomerase (TERT) mutations. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10680 pubmed publisher..Family members within kindreds who do not inherit the TERT mutation have shorter telomere lengths than controls, demonstrating epigenetic inheritance of a shortened parental telomere length set-point. ..
- Roehrborn C, Andriole G, Wilson T, Castro R, Rittmaster R. Effect of dutasteride on prostate biopsy rates and the diagnosis of prostate cancer in men with lower urinary tract symptoms and enlarged prostates in the Combination of Avodart and Tamsulosin trial. Eur Urol. 2011;59:244-9 pubmed publisher..Clinicaltrials.gov identifier: NCT00090103 (http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00090103). ..
- French D, Hudak S, Morey A. The "7-flap" perineal urethrostomy. Urology. 2011;77:1487-9 pubmed publisher..The 7-flap perineal urethrostomy is versatile, safe, and effective. It allows the surgeon maximal flexibility in the management of complex anterior urethral stricture disease. ..
- Abdel Karim A, Lombardi W, Banerjee S, Brilakis E. Contemporary outcomes of percutaneous intervention in chronic total coronary occlusions due to in-stent restenosis. Cardiovasc Revasc Med. 2011;12:170-176 pubmed publisher..Several factors, such as long occlusion time, tortuosity, and presence of a large side branch proximal to the CTO may be associated with ISR CTO crossing failure. ..
- Wasserman R, Church J, Stein M, Moy J, White M, Strausbaugh S, et al. Safety, efficacy and pharmacokinetics of a new 10% liquid intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) in patients with primary immunodeficiency. J Clin Immunol. 2012;32:663-9 pubmed publisher..Pharmacokinetic parameters of specific antibody activities were essentially the same as those of total IgG. Biotest-IVIG is safe and effective in the treatment of PID. ..
- Beitsch P, Wilkinson J, Vicini F, Haffty B, Fine R, Whitworth P, et al. Tumor bed control with balloon-based accelerated partial breast irradiation: incidence of true recurrences versus elsewhere failures in the American Society of Breast Surgery MammoSite(®) Registry Trial. Ann Surg Oncol. 2012;19:3165-70 pubmed publisher..This suggests that balloon-based APBI has a tumor bed control rate that is at least equal to (and potentially higher than) WBI. ..
- Wick C, Arnaoutakis D, Kaul V, Isaacson B. Endoscopic Lateral Cartilage Graft Tympanoplasty. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2017;157:683-689 pubmed publisher..Conclusion Transcanal endoscopic lateral cartilage graft tympanoplasty is feasible, and initial data support favorable outcomes. Further data are necessary for evaluation of long-term results and efficacy comparisons. ..
- Lin V, Wang D, Lee I, Vasquez D, Fagelson J, McConnell J. Myosin heavy chain gene expression in normal and hyperplastic human prostate tissue. Prostate. 2000;44:193-203 pubmed..Therapeutic strategies to prevent disease progression should therefore focus on early phases of prostatic growth. ..