Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Dallas, Texas, United States
Locale: Dallas, Texas, United States
Topic: middle aged
Publications377 found, 100 shown here
- Awwad S, Heilman M, Hogan R, Parmar D, Petroll W, McCulley J, et al. Severe reactive ischemic posterior segment inflammation in acanthamoeba keratitis: a new potentially blinding syndrome. Ophthalmology. 2007;114:313-20 pubmed..To describe a newly recognized clinical syndrome in Acanthamoeba keratitis consisting of severe reactive ischemic posterior segment vascular inflammation...
- Refaai M, Warkentin T, Axelson M, Matevosyan K, Sarode R. Delayed-onset heparin-induced thrombocytopenia, venous thromboembolism, and cerebral venous thrombosis: a consequence of heparin "flushes". Thromb Haemost. 2007;98:1139-40 pubmed
- Ghaemmaghami V, Sperry J, Gunst M, Friese R, Starr A, Frankel H, et al. Effects of early use of external pelvic compression on transfusion requirements and mortality in pelvic fractures. Am J Surg. 2007;194:720-3; discussion 723 pubmed..92), need for pelvic angioembolization (11% vs 15%, P = .35), or 24-hour transfusions (5.2 +/- 10 vs 4.6 +/- 9 U, P = .64). Early EMC with pelvic binders does not reduce hemorrhage or mortality associated with pelvic fractures. ..
- Simpson L, Atkins D, Gattis K, Christensen A. Low-level relationship aggression and couple therapy outcomes. J Fam Psychol. 2008;22:102-11 pubmed publisher..In addition, couples maintained very low levels of physical aggression during and after treatment and showed reductions in psychological aggression when relationship and individual functioning improved. ..
- Roe C, Yang B, Brunengraber H, Roe D, Wallace M, Garritson B. Carnitine palmitoyltransferase II deficiency: successful anaplerotic diet therapy. Neurology. 2008;71:260-4 pubmed publisher..The triheptanoin diet seems to be an effective therapy for adult-onset carnitine palmitoyltransferase II deficiency. ..
- Rush A, Wisniewski S, Warden D, Luther J, Davis L, Fava M, et al. Selecting among second-step antidepressant medication monotherapies: predictive value of clinical, demographic, or first-step treatment features. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2008;65:870-80 pubmed publisher..Little is known about selecting among second-step medications for major depressive disorder after intolerance or lack of remission with an initial selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor...
- Warner J, Weideman R, Kelly K, Brilakis E, Banerjee S, Cunningham F, et al. The risk of acute myocardial infarction with etodolac is not increased compared to naproxen: a historical cohort analysis of a generic COX-2 selective inhibitor. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. 2008;13:252-60 pubmed publisher..26-fold risk for another acute myocardial infarction if taking celecoxib or rofecoxib. Etodolac is not associated with a statistically increased risk of acute myocardial infarction compared to naproxen. ..
- Fu Q, Shibata S, Hastings J, Prasad A, Palmer M, Levine B. Evidence for unloading arterial baroreceptors during low levels of lower body negative pressure in humans. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2009;296:H480-8 pubmed publisher..e., -10 and -15 mmHg) of LBNP in humans. Thus "selective" unloading of cardiopulmonary baroreceptors cannot be presumed to occur during these levels of mild LBNP. ..
- Schiødt F, Chung R, Schilsky M, Hay J, Christensen E, Lee W. Outcome of acute liver failure in the elderly. Liver Transpl. 2009;15:1481-7 pubmed publisher..However, overall survival was better for younger non-acetaminophen patients. Fewer older patients were listed for transplantation. ..
- Huebinger R, Garner H, Barber R. Pathway genetic load allows simultaneous evaluation of multiple genetic associations. Burns. 2010;36:787-92 pubmed publisher..011) and death (aOR=1.75; 95%CI=1.11-2.76; p=0.017). Relative size and variability of aORs indicate greater power to detect genetic associations with PGL compared to the analysis of loci individually by multivariate logistic regression. ..
- Keisner S, Shah S, Jean G, Ussery S, Dowell J. Retrospective analysis of the consequences of acid suppressive therapy on ketoconazole efficacy in advanced castration-resistant prostate cancer. Ann Pharmacother. 2010;44:1538-44 pubmed publisher..Larger studies are needed to verify the clinical impact of acid suppressive therapy in combination with ketoconazole. ..
- Gupta S, Rohatgi A, Ayers C, Patel P, Matulevicius S, Peshock R, et al. Risk scores versus natriuretic peptides for identifying prevalent stage B heart failure. Am Heart J. 2011;161:923-930.e2 pubmed publisher..01-0.03, P < .05 for all). Screening for stage B HF in the population is enhanced when natriuretic peptides are measured in addition to, rather than in place of, traditional risk scores. ..
- Harrison L, Adams Huet B, Raskin P, Lingvay I. ?-cell function preservation after 3.5 years of intensive diabetes therapy. Diabetes Care. 2012;35:1406-12 pubmed publisher..83). ?-Cell function can be preserved for at least 3.5 years with early and intensive therapy for type 2 diabetes with either insulin plus metformin or triple oral therapy after an initial 3-month insulin-based treatment period. ..
- Galusha Glasscock J, Horton D, Weiner M, Cullum C. Video Teleconference Administration of the Repeatable Battery for the Assessment of Neuropsychological Status. Arch Clin Neuropsychol. 2016;31:8-11 pubmed publisher..Similar RBANS scores were obtained in both test conditions, with generally high correlations between administration methods. Results support the feasibility and reliability of remote administration of the RBANS via VTC. ..
- Olazagasti J, Ma J, Wetter D. Clinical Features, Etiologic Factors, Associated Disorders, and Treatment of Palmoplantar Pustulosis: The Mayo Clinic Experience, 1996-2013. Mayo Clin Proc. 2017;92:1351-1358 pubmed publisher..Regarding comorbid conditions, gluten sensitivity and thyroid disease were found less frequently than previously reported in the literature. Treatment regimens and responses in this cohort varied considerably. ..
- Poor M, Hall J, Poor A. Reduction in the incidence of alveolar osteitis in patients treated with the SaliCept patch, containing Acemannan hydrogel. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2002;60:374-9; discussion 379 pubmed..6% compared with 1.1% in the SaliCept-treated group (P <.0001). The study results suggest that the SaliCept Patch significantly reduces the incidence of AO compared with clindamycin-soaked Gelfoam. ..
- Rohrich R, Griffin J, Adams W. Rhinophyma: review and update. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2002;110:860-69; quiz 870 pubmed..The etiology and epidemiology of rhinophyma. 3. Associated diagnosis that can complicate rhinophyma. 4. Common nonsurgical and surgical therapies for rhinophyma. 5. A safe and integrated treatment plan for the patient with rhinophyma. ..
- Pak C, Poindexter J, Peterson R, Koska J, Sakhaee K. Biochemical distinction between hyperuricosuric calcium urolithiasis and gouty diathesis. Urology. 2002;60:789-94 pubmed..The varying biochemical and physicochemical presentations of the two conditions can be ascribed to overindulgence with purine-rich foods in those with HUCU and underlying primary gout in those with GD. ..
- Haque W, Oral E, Dietz K, Bowcock A, Agarwal A, Garg A. Risk factors for diabetes in familial partial lipodystrophy, Dunnigan variety. Diabetes Care. 2003;26:1350-5 pubmed..We conclude that increased adiposity as reflected by excess subcutaneous fat accumulation in the chin region and parity may predispose women with FPLD to develop diabetes. ..
- Psarros T, Krumerman J, Coimbra C. Endoscopic management of supratentorial ventricular neurocysticercosis: case series and review of the literature. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 2003;46:331-4 pubmed..The ease of performing septostomies and third ventriculostomies in conjunction with cyst removal makes these procedures appealing and practical for most cases of ventricular cysticercosis. ..
- Busti A, Murillo J, Cryer B. Tegaserod-induced myocardial infarction: case report and hypothesis. Pharmacotherapy. 2004;24:526-31 pubmed..When considering prescribing a drug with 5-HT1 receptor agonist activity, clinicians should review the patient's medical history specifically for the presence of underlying cardiovascular risk factors. ..
- McCollum D, Greene J, McGuire D. Severe sinus bradycardia after initiation of bupropion therapy: a probable drug-drug interaction with metoprolol. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2004;18:329-30 pubmed..One of these is its inhibition of the metabolism of the commonly used beta-blocker, metoprolol. The authors describe a case of severe bradycardia related to the addition of bupropion to the medical regimen of a patient on metoprolol. ..
- Hand A, Self M, Dunn E. Abdominal wall abscess formation two years after laparoscopic cholecystectomy. JSLS. 2006;10:105-7 pubmed..If spillage does occurs, percutaneous drainage and antibiotics followed by open retrieval of the stones should achieve adequate results during those delayed presentations of abdominal wall abscesses. ..
- Beauchamp G, Felius J, Stager D, Beauchamp C. The utility of strabismus in adults. Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc. 2005;103:164-71; discussion 171-2 pubmed..These results were validated by significant associations with diplopia, asthenopia, and disability. ..
- Skiest D, Vazquez J, Anstead G, Graybill J, Reynes J, Ward D, et al. Posaconazole for the treatment of azole-refractory oropharyngeal and esophageal candidiasis in subjects with HIV infection. Clin Infect Dis. 2007;44:607-14 pubmed..Eight subjects (4%) discontinued therapy as a result of a treatment-related adverse event. Posaconazole offers a safe and effective treatment option for HIV-infected subjects with azole-refractory OPC and/or EC. ..
- Wu T, Xie C, Wang H, Zhou X, Schwartz N, Calixto S, et al. Elevated urinary VCAM-1, P-selectin, soluble TNF receptor-1, and CXC chemokine ligand 16 in multiple murine lupus strains and human lupus nephritis. J Immunol. 2007;179:7166-75 pubmed..Longitudinal studies are warranted to establish the clinical use of these potential biomarkers. ..
- Victor R, Ravenell J, Freeman A, Leonard D, Bhat D, Shafiq M, et al. Effectiveness of a barber-based intervention for improving hypertension control in black men: the BARBER-1 study: a cluster randomized trial. Arch Intern Med. 2011;171:342-50 pubmed publisher..Further research is warranted. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT00325533. ..
- Caetano R, Baruah J, Chartier K. Ten-year trends (1992 to 2002) in sociodemographic predictors and indicators of alcohol abuse and dependence among whites, blacks, and Hispanics in the United States. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2011;35:1458-66 pubmed publisher..It is necessary to understand more about diagnostic "orphans" to better design interventions to address their problems. ..
- Meng D, Wu T, Rao U, North C, Xiao H, Javors M, et al. Serum NPY and BNDF response to a behavioral stressor in alcohol-dependent and healthy control participants. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2011;218:59-67 pubmed publisher..Differences in basal and stress-induced responses of NPY and BDNF were not supported between control and abstinent alcohol-dependent subjects. ..
- Ayad R, Grayburn P, Ko J, Filardo G, Roberts W. Accuracy of two-dimensional echocardiography in determining aortic valve structure in patients >50 years of age having aortic valve replacement for aortic stenosis. Am J Cardiol. 2011;108:1589-99 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, aortic valve structure was interpretable by transthoracic echocardiogram in 86 of 100 patients and accurate in 57 of these 86 patients (66%). ..
- Chujo D, Foucat E, Nguyen T, Chaussabel D, Banchereau J, Ueno H. ZnT8-Specific CD4+ T cells display distinct cytokine expression profiles between type 1 diabetes patients and healthy adults. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55595 pubmed publisher..This strategy is applicable to determine the differences in the quality of antigen-specific T cells between health and disease. ..
- King K, Chen K, Hulsey K, McColl R, Weiner M, Nakonezny P, et al. White matter hyperintensities: use of aortic arch pulse wave velocity to predict volume independent of other cardiovascular risk factors. Radiology. 2013;267:709-17 pubmed publisher..In an optimal predictive model of subsequent WMH burden, aortic arch PWV provides a distinct contribution along with systolic blood pressure, hypertension treatment, congestive heart failure, and age. ..
- Fitzgerald K, Frank Kamenetsky M, Shulga Morskaya S, Liebow A, Bettencourt B, Sutherland J, et al. Effect of an RNA interference drug on the synthesis of proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 (PCSK9) and the concentration of serum LDL cholesterol in healthy volunteers: a randomised, single-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 1 trial. Lancet. 2014;383:60-68 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to show an RNAi drug being used to affect a clinically validated endpoint (ie, LDL cholesterol) in human beings. Alnylam Pharmaceuticals. ..
- Christopoulos G, Luna M, Brilakis E. The clinical implications of balloon rupture during cardiovascular interventions. J Invasive Cardiol. 2015;27:E45-50 pubmed..We report 6 cases that highlight the potential consequences of balloon rupture, including perforation, dissection, balloon entrapment, and distal embolization, and discuss prevention and treatment strategies. ..
- McVary K, Gange S, Gittelman M, Goldberg K, Patel K, Shore N, et al. Minimally Invasive Prostate Convective Water Vapor Energy Ablation: A Multicenter, Randomized, Controlled Study for the Treatment of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms Secondary to Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. J Urol. 2016;195:1529-1538 pubmed publisher..Treatment can be delivered in an office or hospital setting using oral pain medication and is applicable to all prostate zones including the median lobe. ..
- Masmiquel L, Leiter L, Vidal J, Bain S, Petrie J, Franek E, et al. LEADER 5: prevalence and cardiometabolic impact of obesity in cardiovascular high-risk patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: baseline global data from the LEADER trial. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2016;15:29 pubmed publisher..LEADER confers a unique opportunity to explore the longitudinal effect of weight on CV risk factors and hard endpoints. ..
- Xiang Z, Zhou Z, Xia G, Zhang X, Wei Z, Zhu J, et al. A positive crosstalk between CXCR4 and CXCR2 promotes gastric cancer metastasis. Oncogene. 2017;36:5122-5133 pubmed publisher..Finally, Co-inhibition of CXCR4 and CXCR2 is more effective in reducing gastric cancer metastasis. Our results demonstrated that CXCR4 and CXCR2 cross-activate each other to promote the metastasis of gastric cancer. ..
- Roland P, Eaton D, Gross R, Wall G, Conroy P, Garadi R, et al. Randomized, placebo-controlled evaluation of Cerumenex and Murine earwax removal products. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2004;130:1175-7 pubmed
- Wai C, Atnip S, Williams K, Schaffer J. Urethral erosion of tension-free vaginal tape presenting as recurrent stress urinary incontinence. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2004;15:353-5 pubmed..Careful and comprehensive urethroscopy, in addition to cystoscopy, should be a mandatory part of the TVT procedure. Further study is needed to determine the optimal technique for mesh removal. ..
- Beauchamp G, Black B, Coats D, Enzenauer R, Hutchinson A, Saunders R, et al. The management of strabismus in adults--III. The effects on disability. J AAPOS. 2005;9:455-9 pubmed..Improvements in disability after surgery, as reflected by these ratings, should be taken into account when assessing the health value of adult strabismus management. ..
- Gupta A, Ketchum N, Roehrborn C, Schecter A, Aragaki C, Michalek J. Serum dioxin, testosterone, and subsequent risk of benign prostatic hyperplasia: a prospective cohort study of Air Force veterans. Environ Health Perspect. 2006;114:1649-54 pubmed..TCDD exposure at general population levels is associated with a decreasing risk of BPH with higher exposure levels. TCDD exposure is also negatively associated with serum testosterone levels. ..
- Rosenstock J, Hollander P, Chevalier S, Iranmanesh A. SERENADE: the Study Evaluating Rimonabant Efficacy in Drug-naive Diabetic Patients: effects of monotherapy with rimonabant, the first selective CB1 receptor antagonist, on glycemic control, body weight, and lipid profile in drug-naive type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2008;31:2169-76 pubmed publisher..Further ongoing studies will better establish the benefit-to-risk profile of rimonabant and define its place in type 2 diabetes management. ..
- Wang Y, Kuan P, Xing C, Cronkhite J, Torres F, Rosenblatt R, et al. Genetic defects in surfactant protein A2 are associated with pulmonary fibrosis and lung cancer. Am J Hum Genet. 2009;84:52-9 pubmed publisher..These data are consistent with SFTPA2 germline mutations that interfere with protein trafficking and cause familial IPF and lung cancer. ..
- Phelan H, Velmahos G, Jurkovich G, Friese R, Minei J, Menaker J, et al. An evaluation of multidetector computed tomography in detecting pancreatic injury: results of a multicenter AAST study. J Trauma. 2009;66:641-6; discussion 646-7 pubmed publisher..Sixteen and 64-MDCT have low sensitivity for detecting PI and PDI, while exhibiting a high specificity for PDI. Their use as decision-making tools for the nonoperative management of PI are, therefore, limited. ..
- Antonetti J, Antonetti A. Reducing seroma in outpatient abdominoplasty: analysis of 516 consecutive cases. Aesthet Surg J. 2010;30:418-25 pubmed publisher..Over the past 30 years, the preferred techniques and settings for abdominoplasty have evolved considerably, but controversy remains regarding the surgical and postoperative approaches that best limit serious complications such as seroma...
- Margulis V, Youssef R, Karakiewicz P, Lotan Y, Wood C, Zigeuner R, et al. Preoperative multivariable prognostic model for prediction of nonorgan confined urothelial carcinoma of the upper urinary tract. J Urol. 2010;184:453-8 pubmed publisher..This preoperative prediction model can be used for designing clinical trials, selecting patients for preoperative systemic therapy and guiding the extent of concomitant lymph node dissection at nephroureterectomy. ..
- Mantry P, Munsaf S. Rifaximin for the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy. Transplant Proc. 2010;42:4543-7 pubmed publisher..02). Rifaximin was better tolerated than lactulose. Addition of rifaximin to lactulose therapy significantly reduced the risk and duration of hospitalizations for hepatic encephalopathy. ..
- Montoya T, Luebbehusen H, Schaffer J, Wai C, Rahn D, Corton M. Sensory neuropathy following suspension of the vaginal apex to the proximal uterosacral ligaments. Int Urogynecol J. 2012;23:1735-40 pubmed publisher..The objectives of this study were to assess the rate of sensory neuropathy symptoms following transvaginal USLS at a single institution during a 5-year period and to describe the evaluation, management, and outcomes in these patients...
- Vaeth P, Caetano R, Rodriguez L. The Hispanic Americans Baseline Alcohol Survey (HABLAS): the association between acculturation, birthplace and alcohol consumption across Hispanic national groups. Addict Behav. 2012;37:1029-37 pubmed publisher..The effect of acculturation is therefore gender-specific. This heterogeneity across Hispanic national groups must be considered in future research, treatment, and prevention efforts. ..
- Bachmann J, Willis B, Ayers C, Khera A, Berry J. Association between family history and coronary heart disease death across long-term follow-up in men: the Cooper Center Longitudinal Study. Circulation. 2012;125:3092-8 pubmed publisher..9% and 21% versus 14.1%, respectively). Premature family history was associated with a persistent increase in both CHD and CVD mortality risk across long-term follow-up, resulting in significantly higher lifetime risk estimates. ..
- Nesbitt S, Shojaee A, Maa J, Weir M. Efficacy of an amlodipine/olmesartan treatment algorithm in patients with or without type 2 diabetes and hypertension (a secondary analysis of the BP-CRUSH study). J Hum Hypertens. 2013;27:445-52 pubmed publisher..Treatment was well tolerated, with low rates of peripheral edema. In summary, switching to a treatment algorithm based on AML/OM±HCTZ after failed monotherapy was safe and improved BP control in patients with hypertension and T2DM. ..
- Mansour M, He C, Al Farra S, Khuder S, Wright J, Kessler H, et al. Sarcoidosis and Sjögren's syndrome: clinical and salivary evaluation. J Oral Pathol Med. 2013;42:594-9 pubmed publisher..768, 0.718, and 1.000, respectively). Salivary protein electrophoresis does not appear to be useful to differentiate between sarcoidosis and Sjögren's syndrome. ..
- Price A, Raheja P, Wang Z, Arbique D, Adams Huet B, Mitchell J, et al. Differential effects of nebivolol versus metoprolol on functional sympatholysis in hypertensive humans. Hypertension. 2013;61:1263-9 pubmed publisher..Clinical Trial Registration- URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT01502787...
- Rosenstock J, Gross J, Aguilar Salinas C, Hissa M, Berglind N, Ravichandran S, et al. Long-term 4-year safety of saxagliptin in drug-naive and metformin-treated patients with Type 2 diabetes. Diabet Med. 2013;30:1472-6 pubmed publisher..From baseline to week 154, HbA(1c) decreased with saxagliptin but increased with placebo. Saxagliptin monotherapy or add-on to metformin is generally safe and well tolerated, with no increased risk of hypoglycaemia, for up to 4 years. ..
- Amini N, Margonis G, Kim Y, Tran T, Postlewait L, Maithel S, et al. Curative Resection of Adrenocortical Carcinoma: Rates and Patterns of Postoperative Recurrence. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:126-33 pubmed publisher..Although a subset of patients experienced recurrence with locoregional disease only, many patients experienced recurrence with distant disease as a component of recurrence and had a poor prognosis. ..
- Robson P, Madhuranthakam A, Smith M, Sun M, Dai W, Rofsky N, et al. Volumetric Arterial Spin-labeled Perfusion Imaging of the Kidneys with a Three-dimensional Fast Spin Echo Acquisition. Acad Radiol. 2016;23:144-54 pubmed publisher..3D ASL renal perfusion imaging provides isotropic-resolution images, with comparable quantitative perfusion values and image SNR in similar imaging time to single-slice 2D ASL. ..
- Zhang G, Pfefferbaum B, Narayanan P, Lee S, Thielman S, North C. Psychiatric disorders after terrorist bombings among rescue workers and bombing survivors in Nairobi and rescue workers in Oklahoma City. Ann Clin Psychiatry. 2016;28:22-30 pubmed
- Rosero E, Joshi G, Minhajuddin A, Timaran C, Modrall J. Effects of hospital safety-net burden and hospital volume on failure to rescue after open abdominal aortic surgery. J Vasc Surg. 2017;66:404-412 pubmed publisher..Future investigations should be aimed at better understanding the relationship between safety-net hospital burden and FTR to design interventions to improve outcomes after open abdominal aortic surgery. ..
- Patetsios P, Gable D, Garrett W, Lamont J, Kuhn J, Shutze W, et al. Management of carotid body paragangliomas and review of a 30-year experience. Ann Vasc Surg. 2002;16:331-8 pubmed..Our experience demonstrates that early operative management is warranted to avoid the possibility of eventual metastasis and progressive local invasion to the point of inoperability...
- Sakhaee K, Adams Huet B, Moe O, Pak C. Pathophysiologic basis for normouricosuric uric acid nephrolithiasis. Kidney Int. 2002;62:971-9 pubmed..Although net acid excretion is maintained at the expense of increased titratable acidity and to some degree hypocitraturia, the compromise is acid urine pH and may result in uric acid nephrolithiasis. ..
- White P, Issioui T, Hu J, Jones S, Coleman J, Waddle J, et al. Comparative efficacy of acustimulation (ReliefBand) versus ondansetron (Zofran) in combination with droperidol for preventing nausea and vomiting. Anesthesiology. 2002;97:1075-81 pubmed..Furthermore, the acustimulation device enhanced the antiemetic efficacy of ondansetron after plastic surgery. ..
- Brown A. A review of the déjà vu experience. Psychol Bull. 2003;129:394-413 pubmed..Systematic research is needed on the prevalence and etiology of this culturally familiar cognitive experience, and several laboratory models may help clarify this illusion of recognition. ..
- Baseman D, O Suilleabhain P, Reimold S, Laskar S, Baseman J, Dewey R. Pergolide use in Parkinson disease is associated with cardiac valve regurgitation. Neurology. 2004;63:301-4 pubmed..4). The composite valve score (the sum of valve scores for each of the four valves) was a function of lifetime pergolide use. Pergolide may injure cardiac valves, resulting most commonly in tricuspid regurgitation. ..
- Wheatley G, Wait M, Jessen M. Infective endocarditis associated with a scorpion sting. Ann Thorac Surg. 2005;80:1489-90 pubmed..Both patients completed a 6-week postoperative course of antibiotic therapy and are without recurrent infection...
- Nguyen N, Frank C, Moltz C, Vos P, Smith H, Bhamidipati P, et al. Aspiration rate following chemoradiation for head and neck cancer: an underreported occurrence. Radiother Oncol. 2006;80:302-6 pubmed..Diagnostic studies such as MBS should be part of future head and neck cancer prospective studies to assess the prevalence of aspiration, and for rehabilitation. ..
- Dineen S, Smith S, Arko F. Successful percutaneous angioplasty and stenting of the radial artery in a patient with chronic upper extremity ischemia and digital gangrene. J Endovasc Ther. 2007;14:426-8 pubmed..To report percutaneous treatment of a chronic radial artery occlusion in a multimorbid patient with ischemic tissue loss...
- Dersh J, Mayer T, Gatchel R, Towns B, Theodore B, Polatin P. Psychiatric comorbidity in chronic disabling occupational spinal disorders has minimal impact on functional restoration socioeconomic outcomes. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2007;32:1917-25 pubmed..Despite these findings, the large majority of patients demonstrated successful outcomes. Depression did not independently link to less successful outcomes. ..
- Blum J, Savin M, Edelman G, Pippen J, Robert N, Geister B, et al. Phase II study of weekly albumin-bound paclitaxel for patients with metastatic breast cancer heavily pretreated with taxanes. Clin Breast Cancer. 2007;7:850-6 pubmed publisher..Survival of patients with SD > or = 16 weeks was similar to that of responders. ..
- Chapa H, Venegas G, Antonetti A, Van Duyne C, Sandate J, Bakker K. In-office endometrial ablation and clinical correlation of reduced menstrual blood loss and effects on dysmenorrhea and premenstrual symptomatology. J Reprod Med. 2009;54:232-8 pubmed..In-office Thermachoice III endometrial ablation results in decreased dysmenorrhea and improved mood in relation to decreased menstrual blood loss. ..
- Stewart W, Pfeiffer N, Mathis H. Meta-analysis of articles evaluating routine intraocular pressure control in monotherapy in the United States and Germany. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2009;19:769-75 pubmed..To evaluate routine intraocular pressure (IOP) control in monotherapy patients in the United States and Germany...
- Patel S, Beshay V, Escobar J, Suzuki T, Carr B. Molecular mechanism for repression of 17alpha-hydroxylase expression and androstenedione production in granulosa cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:5163-8 pubmed publisher..This may provide an explanation for the lack of CYP17 in granulosa cells. ..
- Link A, Shin S, Nagasaka T, Balaguer F, Koi M, Jung B, et al. JC virus mediates invasion and migration in colorectal metastasis. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8146 pubmed publisher..Frequent expression of JCV T-Ag in CRC liver metastasis provides further clues supporting a mechanistic role for JCV as a possible mediator of cellular motility and invasion in CRC. ..
- Kimura M, Nito T, Imagawa H, Sakakibara K, Chan R, Tayama N. Collagen injection for correcting vocal fold asymmetry: high-speed imaging. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2010;119:359-68 pubmed..The present study showed that after collagen injection, these aspects of vibratory patterns improved toward symmetry. This surgical procedure could improve the functional symmetry of the larynx for phonation. ..
- Vaeth P, Caetano R, Mills B, Rodriguez L. Alcohol-related social problems among Mexican Americans living in U.S.-Mexico border and non-border areas. Addict Behav. 2012;37:998-1001 pubmed publisher..Regardless of residence, alcohol treatment and preventive interventions tailored to Mexican Americans are essential and special attention should be focused on younger individuals near the border. ..
- Narasimhan K, Stuzin J, Rohrich R. Five-step neck lift: integrating anatomy with clinical practice to optimize results. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013;132:339-50 pubmed publisher..The authors' approach modifies the classic techniques of the past, and seeks a nuanced approach to each patient by resuspension and reshaping of deeper neck elements...
- Hatanpaa K, Raisanen J, Herndon E, Burns D, Foong C, Habib A, et al. Hippocampal sclerosis in dementia, epilepsy, and ischemic injury: differential vulnerability of hippocampal subfields. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2014;73:136-42 pubmed publisher..019). The proximal-middle CA1 was the only area affected in 50% of H-I, 29% of HS-TLE, and 0% of HS-FTLD cases (p=0.004). These findings support heterogeneity in the pathogenesis of HS. ..
- Tarumi T, Ayaz Khan M, Liu J, Tseng B, Tseng B, Parker R, et al. Cerebral hemodynamics in normal aging: central artery stiffness, wave reflection, and pressure pulsatility. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2014;34:971-8 pubmed publisher..In older participants, higher pulsatility of CBF was associated with the greater total volume of WMH. These findings indicate that central arterial aging has an important role in age-related differences in cerebral hemodynamics. ..
- Yadlapati R, Gawron A, Keswani R, Bilimoria K, Castell D, Dunbar K, et al. Identification of Quality Measures for Performance ofÂ andÂ Interpretation of Data From Esophageal Manometry. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016;14:526-534.e1 pubmed publisher..These measures represent key aspects of a high-quality esophageal manometry study and should be adopted uniformly. These measures should be evaluated in clinical practice to determine how they affect patient outcomes. ..
- Guerra A, Rangan B, Coleman A, Xu H, Kotsia A, Christopoulos G, et al. Effect of Extended-Release Niacin on Carotid Intima Media Thickness, Reactive Hyperemia, and Endothelial Progenitor Cell Mobilization: Insights From the Atherosclerosis Lesion Progression Intervention Using Niacin Extended Release in Saphenous Vein G. J Invasive Cardiol. 2015;27:555-60 pubmed..65 Â± 28.41 vs -5.87 Â± 30.23 EPC colony forming units/mL of peripheral blood; P=.02). ER-niacin did not have a significant impact on CIMT or endothelial function, but increased EPC mobilization. ..
- Kotecha D, Manzano L, Krum H, Rosano G, Holmes J, Altman D, et al. Effect of age and sex on efficacy and tolerability of ? blockers in patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction: individual patient data meta-analysis. BMJ. 2016;353:i1855 pubmed publisher..Irrespective of age or sex, patients with HFrEF in sinus rhythm should receive ? blockers to reduce the risk of death and admission to hospital.Registration PROSPERO CRD42014010012; Clinicaltrials.gov NCT00832442. ..
- Baselga J, Morales S, Awada A, Blum J, Tan A, Ewertz M, et al. A phase II study of combined ridaforolimus and dalotuzumab compared with exemestane in patients with estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2017;163:535-544 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the combination is not being further pursued. ..
- Seabra M, Brown M, Goldstein J. Retinal degeneration in choroideremia: deficiency of rab geranylgeranyl transferase. Science. 1993;259:377-81 pubmed..The data imply the existence of multiple component A proteins, one of which is missing in choroideremia...