Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on membrane proteins in Houston, Texas, United States
Locale: Houston, Texas, United States
Topic: membrane proteins
Publications366 found, 100 shown here
- Cho K, Chern J, Izaddoost S, Choi K. Novel signaling from the peripodial membrane is essential for eye disc patterning in Drosophila. Cell. 2000;103:331-42 pubmed..Furthermore, PM cells extend cellular processes to the DP. Therefore, peripodial signaling is critical for eye pattern formation and may be mediated by peripodial processes. ..
- Liu W, Ahmad S, Jung Y, Reinmuth N, Fan F, Bucana C, et al. Coexpression of ephrin-Bs and their receptors in colon carcinoma. Cancer. 2002;94:934-9 pubmed..Further studies are necessary to determine the functional role of ephrin-Bs in colon carcinoma angiogenesis and growth. ..
- Choi H, Batsakis J, Zhan F, Sturgis E, Luna M, El Naggar A. Differential expression of p53 gene family members p63 and p73 in head and neck squamous tumorigenesis. Hum Pathol. 2002;33:158-64 pubmed
- Kirchhoff S, Gupta S, Knowlton A. Cytosolic heat shock protein 60, apoptosis, and myocardial injury. Circulation. 2002;105:2899-904 pubmed..These results support a key antiapoptotic role for cytosolic HSP60. To our knowledge, this is the first report suggesting that interactions of HSP60 with bax and/or bak regulate apoptosis. ..
- Cunningham S, Rodriguez J, Arrate M, Tran T, Brock T. JAM2 interacts with alpha4beta1. Facilitation by JAM3. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:27589-92 pubmed
- Chu K, Tsai M. Neuronatin, a downstream target of BETA2/NeuroD1 in the pancreas, is involved in glucose-mediated insulin secretion. Diabetes. 2005;54:1064-73 pubmed..These results suggest for the first time an important role for NNAT in insulin secretion and for proper beta-cell function. ..
- Lin Lee Y, Pham L, Tamayo A, Fu L, Zhou H, Yoshimura L, et al. Nuclear localization in the biology of the CD40 receptor in normal and neoplastic human B lymphocytes. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:18878-87 pubmed
- Shiomi D, Margolin W. The C-terminal domain of MinC inhibits assembly of the Z ring in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:236-43 pubmed..These results suggest that the C-terminal half of MinC has an additional function in the regulation of Z-ring assembly. ..
- Scott K, Chin L. Signaling from the Golgi: mechanisms and models for Golgi phosphoprotein 3-mediated oncogenesis. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:2229-34 pubmed publisher..Understanding how these processes may be deregulated and contribute to cancer pathogenesis and drug response will uncover new avenues for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Pedram A, Razandi M, Lewis M, HAMMES S, Levin E. Membrane-localized estrogen receptor ? is required for normal organ development and function. Dev Cell. 2014;29:482-90 pubmed publisher..We conclude that many organs require membrane ER? and resulting signal transduction to collaborate with nuclear ER? for normal development and function. ..
- Vinish M, Cui W, Stafford E, Bae L, Hawkins H, Cox R, et al. Dendritic cells modulate burn wound healing by enhancing early proliferation. Wound Repair Regen. 2016;24:6-13 pubmed publisher..Therefore, pharmacological enhancement of DCs may provide a therapeutic intervention to facilitate healing of burn wounds. ..
- O Neal W, Hasty P, McCray P, Casey B, Rivera Perez J, Welsh M, et al. A severe phenotype in mice with a duplication of exon 3 in the cystic fibrosis locus. Hum Mol Genet. 1993;2:1561-9 pubmed..Thus, an additional mouse model for CF has been generated that should prove useful for the understanding of the pathogenesis and the development of treatments for CF. ..
- Yu X, Weihe E, Margolin W. Role of the C terminus of FtsK in Escherichia coli chromosome segregation. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:6424-8 pubmed..When the truncated ftsK was combined with a minCDE deletion, chains of minicells were generated, many of which contained DNA. These results suggest that the C terminus of FtsK has an important role in chromosome partitioning. ..
- Hassan B, Bermingham N, He Y, Sun Y, Jan Y, Zoghbi H, et al. atonal regulates neurite arborization but does not act as a proneural gene in the Drosophila brain. Neuron. 2000;25:549-61 pubmed..In contrast to its function in the PNS, ato does not act as a proneural gene in the embryonic brain. Instead, ato performs a novel function, regulating arborization during larval and pupal development by interacting with Notch. ..
- Vorburger S, Pataer A, Yoshida K, Liu Y, Lu X, Swisher S, et al. The mitochondrial apoptosis-inducing factor plays a role in E2F-1-induced apoptosis in human colon cancer cells. Ann Surg Oncol. 2003;10:314-22 pubmed
- Koh T, Verstreken P, Bellen H. Dap160/intersectin acts as a stabilizing scaffold required for synaptic development and vesicle endocytosis. Neuron. 2004;43:193-205 pubmed..Our data suggest that Dap160, like dynamin, is involved in synaptic vesicle retrieval at active and periactive zones. ..
- Singh B, Berry J, Shoher A, Ramakrishnan V, Lucci A. COX-2 overexpression increases motility and invasion of breast cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2005;26:1393-9 pubmed..In this study, we conclude that COX-2 overexpression in human breast cancer cells enhances cell motility and invasiveness thus suggesting a mechanism of COX-2 mediated metastasis. ..
- Wang Johanning F, Liu J, Rycaj K, Huang M, Tsai K, Rosen D, et al. Expression of multiple human endogenous retrovirus surface envelope proteins in ovarian cancer. Int J Cancer. 2007;120:81-90 pubmed..HERV env proteins, and especially those expressed on the cell surface, may serve as novel tumor targets for detection, diagnosis and immunotherapy of ovarian cancer. ..
- Moore D. Physiology. Sister act. Science. 2007;316:1436-8 pubmed
- Flanagan J, Sheehan V, Linder H, Howard T, Wang Y, HOPPE C, et al. Genetic mapping and exome sequencing identify 2 mutations associated with stroke protection in pediatric patients with sickle cell anemia. Blood. 2013;121:3237-45 pubmed publisher..These mutations were discovered and validated by an unbiased whole-genome approach, and future studies will focus on how these functional mutations may lead to protection from stroke in the context of SCA. ..
- Giagtzoglou N, Li T, Yamamoto S, Bellen H. Drosophila EHBP1 regulates Scabrous secretion during Notch-mediated lateral inhibition. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:3686-96 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, dEHBP1 provides developmental versatility of intercellular signaling by regulating the trafficking of distinct Notch signaling components. ..
- McNew J, Sondermann H, Lee T, Stern M, Brandizzi F. GTP-dependent membrane fusion. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol. 2013;29:529-50 pubmed publisher..Here, we review recent advances in our functional and molecular understanding of fusion DRPs, exemplified by atlastin, an ER-resident DRP that controls ER structure, function, and signaling. ..
- Day F, Thompson D, Helgason H, Chasman D, Finucane H, Sulem P, et al. Genomic analyses identify hundreds of variants associated with age at menarche and support a role for puberty timing in cancer risk. Nat Genet. 2017;49:834-841 pubmed publisher..In aggregate, our findings highlight the complexity of the genetic regulation of puberty timing and support causal links with cancer susceptibility. ..
- Mills A, Zheng B, Wang X, Vogel H, Roop D, Bradley A. p63 is a p53 homologue required for limb and epidermal morphogenesis. Nature. 1999;398:708-13 pubmed..Thus, in contrast to p53, p63 is essential for several aspects of ectodermal differentiation during embryogenesis...
- Stoeltzing O, Liu W, Reinmuth N, Fan F, Parikh A, Bucana C, et al. Regulation of hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha, vascular endothelial growth factor, and angiogenesis by an insulin-like growth factor-I receptor autocrine loop in human pancreatic cancer. Am J Pathol. 2003;163:1001-11 pubmed..02). Our results suggest that autocrine activation of the IGF-IR system significantly affects VEGF expression and angiogenesis in human pancreatic cancer. Thus, IGF-IR may be a valid target in the treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Gee J, Montoya R, Khaled H, Sabichi A, Grossman H. Cytokeratin 20, AN43, PGDH, and COX-2 expression in transitional and squamous cell carcinoma of the bladder. Urol Oncol. 2003;21:266-70 pubmed..CK20, AN43 and PGDH decreased but COX-2 expression increased in higher stage tumors. The histologic phenotype of these cancers is reflected in their expression of these proteins and is modified further as tumors progress in stage. ..
- Chung A, Xu X, Niederreither K, Cooney A. Loss of orphan nuclear receptor GCNF function disrupts forebrain development and the establishment of the isthmic organizer. Dev Biol. 2006;293:13-24 pubmed..Increased cell death may contribute to the loss of midbrain structure in GCNF-/- embryos. These results indicate that GCNF is required for establishment of the isthmic organizer, thereby regulating the midbrain development. ..
- Ravandi F, Jilani I, Estey E, Kantarjian H, Dey A, Aguilar C, et al. Soluble phosphorylated fms-like tyrosine kinase III. FLT3 protein in patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML). Leuk Res. 2007;31:791-7 pubmed..04). Other mechanisms may be responsible for abnormal phosphorylation of FLT3 and inhibitors of FLT3 should also be investigated in patients without mutations. ..
- Li H, Wang Z, Wang B, Guo Q, Dolios G, Tabuchi K, et al. Genetic dissection of the amyloid precursor protein in developmental function and amyloid pathogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:30598-605 pubmed publisher..Our results establish an essential function of the conserved APP intracellular domain in developmental regulation, and this activity can be genetically uncoupled from APP processing and A? pathogenesis. ..
- Srinivasan S, Deng W, Li R. L-selectin transmembrane and cytoplasmic domains are monomeric in membranes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1808:1709-15 pubmed publisher..This study will provide constraints for future investigations on the interaction of L-selectin and its associating proteins. ..
- Lee J, Jiffar T, Kupferman M. A novel role for BDNF-TrkB in the regulation of chemotherapy resistance in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30246 pubmed publisher..These results suggest BDNF/TrkB system plays critical roles in CDDP-resistance development by utilizing Akt-dependent signaling pathways. ..
- Kwong L, Davies M. Targeted therapy for melanoma: rational combinatorial approaches. Oncogene. 2014;33:1-9 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will discuss the preclinical and clinical studies that are testing leading hypotheses and emerging combinatorial strategies for the future. ..
- DiSepio D, Jones A, Longley M, Bundman D, Rothnagel J, Roop D. The proximal promoter of the mouse loricrin gene contains a functional AP-1 element and directs keratinocyte-specific but not differentiation-specific expression. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:10792-9 pubmed..5-kilobase genomic fragment, and those elements required to restrict expression to differentiated keratinocytes lie outside this region. ..
- Yvon E, Vigouroux S, Rousseau R, Biagi E, Amrolia P, Dotti G, et al. Overexpression of the Notch ligand, Jagged-1, induces alloantigen-specific human regulatory T cells. Blood. 2003;102:3815-21 pubmed..Notch activation in the presence of alloantigen-presenting cells may therefore be a means of inducing specific regulatory T cells while preserving other T-cell functionality. ..
- Verstreken P, Ly C, Venken K, Koh T, Zhou Y, Bellen H. Synaptic mitochondria are critical for mobilization of reserve pool vesicles at Drosophila neuromuscular junctions. Neuron. 2005;47:365-78 pubmed..Our data suggest a specific role for mitochondria in regulating synaptic strength. ..
- Morris A, Tawil A, Berkova Z, Wible L, Smith C, Cunningham S. Junctional Adhesion Molecules (JAMs) are differentially expressed in fibroblasts and co-localize with ZO-1 to adherens-like junctions. Cell Commun Adhes. 2006;13:233-47 pubmed..We conclude that endogenous JAM-C is an integral component of the dermal fibroblast adherens-like junction, and our data extend the expression and potential function of JAMs into mesenchymal tissues. ..
- Abu Elheiga L, Brinkley W, Zhong L, Chirala S, Woldegiorgis G, Wakil S. The subcellular localization of acetyl-CoA carboxylase 2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:1444-9 pubmed
- Sharma S, Davidson A. Vanadate-induced trapping of nucleotides by purified maltose transport complex requires ATP hydrolysis. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:6570-6 pubmed..ATP hydrolysis is therefore necessary, but not sufficient, for vanadate-induced nucleotide trapping...
- Takada Y, Aggarwal B. Betulinic acid suppresses carcinogen-induced NF-kappa B activation through inhibition of I kappa B alpha kinase and p65 phosphorylation: abrogation of cyclooxygenase-2 and matrix metalloprotease-9. J Immunol. 2003;171:3278-86 pubmed..This may provide a molecular basis for the ability of BA to mediate apoptosis, suppress inflammation, and modulate the immune response. ..
- Chen M, Huang L, Wang J. Deficiency of Bim in dendritic cells contributes to overactivation of lymphocytes and autoimmunity. Blood. 2007;109:4360-7 pubmed..Our data suggest that Bim is important for regulating spontaneous cell death in DCs, and Bim-deficient DCs may contribute to the development of autoimmune diseases in Bim(-/-) mice. ..
- Wong L. Pathogenic mitochondrial DNA mutations in protein-coding genes. Muscle Nerve. 2007;36:279-93 pubmed
- Yamaguchi H, Chen C, Chou C, Pal A, Bornmann W, Hortobagyi G, et al. Adenovirus 5 E1A enhances histone deacetylase inhibitors-induced apoptosis through Egr-1-mediated Bim upregulation. Oncogene. 2010;29:5619-29 pubmed publisher..Together, our results provide not only a novel insight into the mechanisms underlying anti-tumor activity of E1A, but also a rationale for the combined HDACi and E1A gene therapy in future clinical trials. ..
- Zou S, Pita Almenar J, Eskin A. Regulation of glutamate transporter GLT-1 by MAGI-1. J Neurochem. 2011;117:833-40 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that MAGI-1 regulates surface expression of GLT-1 and the level of glutamate in the hippocampus. ..
- Bogdanov M, Dowhan W, Vitrac H. Lipids and topological rules governing membrane protein assembly. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1843:1475-88 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Protein trafficking and secretion in bacteria. Guest Editors: Anastassios Economou and Ross Dalbey. ..
- Endsley M, Somasunderam A, Li G, Oezguen N, Thiviyanathan V, Murray J, et al. Nuclear trafficking of the HIV-1 pre-integration complex depends on the ADAM10 intracellular domain. Virology. 2014;454-455:60-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, these studies suggest ADAM10 as a novel therapeutic target for inhibiting HIV-1 prior to nuclear entry. ..
- Castellano A, Wei X, Birnbaumer L, Perez Reyes E. Cloning and expression of a neuronal calcium channel beta subunit. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:12359-66 pubmed
- McDonnell T, Beham A, Sarkiss M, Andersen M, Lo P. Importance of the Bcl-2 family in cell death regulation. Experientia. 1996;52:1008-17 pubmed..The mechanism(s) by which bcl-2 family members regulate cell death remain in large part unknown, although recent evidence suggests that bcl-2 may interfere with cellular signalling events involved in apoptosis induction. ..
- Kontoyiannis D. Efflux-mediated resistance to fluconazole could be modulated by sterol homeostasis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2000;46:199-203 pubmed..These results reinforce the emerging evidence in both S. cerevisiae and Candida albicans that sterols could serve as substrates for Pdr5p for transport across membranes...
- Yang Q, Bermingham N, Finegold M, Zoghbi H. Requirement of Math1 for secretory cell lineage commitment in the mouse intestine. Science. 2001;294:2155-8 pubmed..The continuous rapid renewal of these cells makes the intestinal epithelium a model system for the study of stem cell regeneration and lineage commitment...
- Xia X, Wang P, Sun X, Soriano S, Shum W, Yamaguchi H, et al. The aspartate-257 of presenilin 1 is indispensable for mouse development and production of beta-amyloid peptides through beta-catenin-independent mechanisms. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:8760-5 pubmed..Further, by measuring the levels of endogenous Abeta(X-40) and Abeta(X-42) in primary neuronal cultures, we confirmed the concept that PS1 is indispensable for the production of secreted Abeta. ..
- Zhang Y, Lin Y, Bowles C, Wang F. Direct cell cycle regulation by the fibroblast growth factor receptor (FGFR) kinase through phosphorylation-dependent release of Cks1 from FGFR substrate 2. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:55348-54 pubmed
- Lee J, Madrid R, Sperle K, Ritterson C, Hobson G, Garbern J, et al. Spastic paraplegia type 2 associated with axonal neuropathy and apparent PLP1 position effect. Ann Neurol. 2006;59:398-403 pubmed..Our observations suggest that genomic rearrangements that do not include PLP1 coding sequences should be considered as yet another potential mutational mechanism underlying PLP1-related dysmyelinating disorders. ..
- Zhang J, Liu J, Huang Y, Chang J, Liu L, McKeehan W, et al. FRS2?-mediated FGF signals suppress premature differentiation of cardiac stem cells through regulating autophagy activity. Circ Res. 2012;110:e29-39 pubmed publisher..The findings provide the first evidence that autophagy plays a role in heart progenitor differentiation. ..
- Reynolds J, Chiang D, Wang W, Beavers D, Dixit S, Skapura D, et al. Junctophilin-2 is necessary for T-tubule maturation during mouse heart development. Cardiovasc Res. 2013;100:44-53 pubmed publisher..In particular, JPH2 may be critical in anchoring the invaginating sarcolemma to the sarcoplasmic reticulum, thereby enabling the maturation of the TT network. ..
- Moayedi Y, Basch M, Pacheco N, Gao S, Wang R, Harrison W, et al. The candidate splicing factor Sfswap regulates growth and patterning of inner ear sensory organs. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004055 pubmed publisher..Our work is one of the first studies to suggest that a putative splicing factor has specific effects on Notch signaling pathway members and inner ear development. ..
- Mohamed J, Huang W, Nallapareddy S, Teng F, Murray B. Influence of origin of isolates, especially endocarditis isolates, and various genes on biofilm formation by Enterococcus faecalis. Infect Immun. 2004;72:3658-63 pubmed publisher..faecalis regulator) [corrected] resulted in fewer attached bacteria, as determined using phase-contrast microscopy, and less biofilm (P < 0.0001)...
- Jiang Y, Li X, Yang W, Hawke D, Zheng Y, Xia Y, et al. PKM2 regulates chromosome segregation and mitosis progression of tumor cells. Mol Cell. 2014;53:75-87 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the role of PKM2 as a protein kinase controlling the fidelity of chromosome segregation, cell-cycle progression, and tumorigenesis. ..
- Sherry D, Wang M, Frishman L. Differential distribution of vesicle associated membrane protein isoforms in the mouse retina. Mol Vis. 2003;9:673-88 pubmed..VAMP-1 is a specific marker for a set of large ganglion cells and displaced ganglion cells that ramify in the mid-IPL and are likely to have ON-OFF physiology...
- Arun B, Kilic G, Yen C, Foster B, Yardley D, Gaynor R, et al. Loss of FHIT expression in breast cancer is correlated with poor prognostic markers. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2005;14:1681-5 pubmed..Furthermore, loss of FHIT expression is also seen in metastatic axillary lymph node. The prognostic and predictive value of these findings needs to be further evaluated in larger trials with longer follow-up. ..
- Babcock D, Shi S, Jo J, Shaw M, Gutstein H, Galko M. Hedgehog signaling regulates nociceptive sensitization. Curr Biol. 2011;21:1525-33 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate a novel physiological role for Hh signaling, which has not previously been implicated in nociception. Our results also identify new potential therapeutic targets for pain treatment. ..
- Bradfute S, Graubert T, Goodell M. Roles of Sca-1 in hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell function. Exp Hematol. 2005;33:836-43 pubmed..In addition, mouse Sca-1 overexpression affects human as well as mouse stem/progenitor cell activity, suggesting the possibility of a functional human Sca-1 homologue. ..
- Vasudevan S, Shang X, Shang X, Chang S, Ge N, Diaz Miron J, et al. Neuroblastoma-derived secretory protein is a novel secreted factor overexpressed in neuroblastoma. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009;8:2478-89 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, NDSP serves as a growth factor for neuroblastoma tumor cells through activation of the ERK-mediated proliferation pathway. ..
- Nguyen P, Silberg J. A selection that reports on protein-protein interactions within a thermophilic bacterium. Protein Eng Des Sel. 2010;23:529-36 pubmed publisher..This selection increases the maximum temperature where a PCA can be used to engineer thermostable protein complexes and to map protein-protein interactions...
- Ding Z, Babensee J, Simon S, Lu H, Perrard J, Bullard D, et al. Relative contribution of LFA-1 and Mac-1 to neutrophil adhesion and migration. J Immunol. 1999;163:5029-38 pubmed..Neutrophil extravasation in response to TNF-alpha in LFA-1-deficient mice dramatically decreased, whereas neutrophil extravasation in Mac-1-deficient mice markedly increased. ..
- Van Dyke M, Nelson L, Weilbaecher R, Mehta D. Stm1p, a G4 quadruplex and purine motif triplex nucleic acid-binding protein, interacts with ribosomes and subtelomeric Y' DNA in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:24323-33 pubmed..We discuss the implications of our findings in relation to prior genetic, genomic, and proteomic studies that have identified STM1 and/or Stm1p as well as the possible biological role of Stm1p. ..
- Hammond D, Becker J, Elliott T, Holubee K, Baker T, Love J. Antigenic protein in microgravity-grown human mixed Mullerian ovarian tumor (LN1) cells preserved in RNA stabilizing agent. Gravit Space Biol Bull. 2005;18:99-100 pubmed
- Qi H, Li D, Shine H, Chen Z, Yoon K, Jones D, et al. Nerve growth factor and its receptor TrkA serve as potential markers for human corneal epithelial progenitor cells. Exp Eye Res. 2008;86:34-40 pubmed..The spatial expression of NGF and TrkA by small clusters of basal cells interspersed between negative cell patches suggests that they are potential markers for human corneal epithelial progenitor cells...
- Anto R, Mukhopadhyay A, Shishodia S, Gairola C, Aggarwal B. Cigarette smoke condensate activates nuclear transcription factor-kappaB through phosphorylation and degradation of IkappaB(alpha): correlation with induction of cyclooxygenase-2. Carcinogenesis. 2002;23:1511-8 pubmed..Overall, our results indicate that through phosphorylation and degradation of IkappaB(alpha), CSC can activate NF-kappaB in a wide a variety of cells, and this may play a role in CS-induced carcinogenesis. ..
- Herz H, Woodfield S, Chen Z, Bolduc C, Bergmann A. Common and distinct genetic properties of ESCRT-II components in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4165 pubmed publisher..Our data redefine the role of Notch for hyperplastic and neoplastic overgrowth in these mutants. While Notch is required for hyperplastic growth, it appears to be dispensable for neoplastic transformation. ..
- Henary H, Hong D, Falchook G, Tsimberidou A, George G, Wen S, et al. Melanoma patients in a phase I clinic: molecular aberrations, targeted therapy and outcomes. Ann Oncol. 2013;24:2158-65 pubmed publisher..For melanoma patients, especially those with BRAF mutations, administering molecularly matched agents can be associated with better outcomes, including longer PFS compared with their first-line systemic therapy. ..
- Zhou Y, Maxwell K, Sezgin E, Lu M, Liang H, Hancock J, et al. Bile acids modulate signaling by functional perturbation of plasma membrane domains. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:35660-70 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest general, membrane-mediated mechanisms by which biological amphiphiles can produce their cellular effects. ..
- Lin Y, Deng H, Ruan K. Topology of catalytic portion of prostaglandin I(2) synthase: identification by molecular modeling-guided site-specific antibodies. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2000;379:188-97 pubmed
- Vasudevan S, Russell H, Okcu M, Burlingame S, Liu Z, Yang J, et al. Neuroblastoma-derived secretory protein messenger RNA levels correlate with high-risk neuroblastoma. J Pediatr Surg. 2007;42:148-52 pubmed..From these data, we conclude that NDSP mRNA levels in neuroblastoma tumor tissue correlate with risk group assignment and may serve as a marker for metastasis in bone marrow. ..
- Meng J, Fang B, Liao Y, Chresta C, Smith P, Roth J. Apoptosis induction by MEK inhibition in human lung cancer cells is mediated by Bim. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13026 pubmed publisher..These results have implications in the development of strategies to overcome resistance to MEK inhibitors. ..
- Ruiz M, Egal H, Sarthy V, Qian X, Sarkar H. Cloning, expression, and localization of a mouse retinal gamma-aminobutyric acid transporter. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1994;35:4039-48 pubmed..The mouse retinal GAT-1 cDNA encodes a Na(+)-dependent, high-affinity GABA transporter that is mainly expressed in a subset of mouse retinal inter neurons. ..
- Creighton C, Li X, Landis M, Dixon J, Neumeister V, Sjolund A, et al. Residual breast cancers after conventional therapy display mesenchymal as well as tumor-initiating features. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:13820-5 pubmed publisher..Targeting proteins involved in EMT may provide a therapeutic strategy for eliminating surviving cells to prevent recurrence and improve long-term survival in breast cancer patients...
- Lee S, Lee B, Lee J, Lee S. Retinoid signaling and neurogenin2 function are coupled for the specification of spinal motor neurons through a chromatin modifier CBP. Neuron. 2009;62:641-54 pubmed publisher..Our study uncovers the mechanism by which extrinsic RA-signal and intrinsic transcription factor Ngn2 cooperate for cell fate specification through their synergistic activity to trigger transcriptionally active chromatin. ..
- Chauhan S, Goodwin J, Chauhan S, Manyam G, Wang J, Kamat A, et al. ZKSCAN3 is a master transcriptional repressor of autophagy. Mol Cell. 2013;50:16-28 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our study uncovers an autophagy master switch regulating the expression of a transcriptional network of genes integral to autophagy and lysosome biogenesis/function. ..
- Polek T, Talpaz M, Darnay B, Spivak Kroizman T. TWEAK mediates signal transduction and differentiation of RAW264.7 cells in the absence of Fn14/TweakR. Evidence for a second TWEAK receptor. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:32317-23 pubmed..We propose that the biological effects of TWEAK are mediated by binding to one of at least two distinct receptors that induce differential activation of downstream signaling pathways. ..
- Piya S, White E, Klein S, Jiang H, McDonnell T, Gomez Manzano C, et al. The E1B19K oncoprotein complexes with Beclin 1 to regulate autophagy in adenovirus-infected cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e29467 pubmed publisher..Our work offers new information on the mechanisms of action of the adenoviral E1B19K protein as partner of Beclin 1 and positive regulator of autophagy. ..
- Sabichi A, Subbarayan V, Llansa N, Lippman S, Menter D. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma suppresses cyclooxygenase-2 expression in human prostate cells. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2004;13:1704-9 pubmed..The present study showed that PPAR-gamma activation can be an important regulator of COX-2 in prostate cells and may be an important target for prostate cancer chemoprevention. ..
- Price M, Davis C, Deng F, Burgess D. The alpha-amino-3-hydroxyl-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionate receptor trafficking regulator "stargazin" is related to the claudin family of proteins by Its ability to mediate cell-cell adhesion. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:19711-20 pubmed..We speculate these complexes may have co-opted the established presence of stargazin at sites of close cell-cell contact to facilitate their own evolving intercellular signaling functions. ..
- Feng S, Agoulnik I, Bogatcheva N, Kamat A, Kwabi Addo B, Li R, et al. Relaxin promotes prostate cancer progression. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:1695-702 pubmed..6 to 2.2 times. The Tg(Rln1) TRAMP males had shorter median survival time, associated with the decreased apoptosis of tumor cells, compared with non-Tg(Rln1) TRAMP animals. Relaxin signaling plays a role in prostate cancer progression. ..
- Lalani S, Thakuria J, Cox G, Wang X, Bi W, Bray M, et al. 20p12.3 microdeletion predisposes to Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome with variable neurocognitive deficits. J Med Genet. 2009;46:168-75 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate a novel genomic disorder characterised by deletion of BMP2 with variable cognitive deficits and dysmorphic features and show that individuals bearing microdeletions in 20p12.3 often present with WPW syndrome. ..
- Kim E, Anderson M, Dryer S. Sustained activation of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors in podoctyes leads to oxidative stress, mobilization of transient receptor potential canonical 6 channels, nuclear factor of activated T cells activation, and apoptotic cell death. Mol Pharmacol. 2012;82:728-37 pubmed..With longer NMDA exposure (72 h), we observed loss of cells associated with nuclear fragmentation and increased expression of caspase-3, caspase-6, and Bax, suggesting an apoptotic process. ..
- Bhat M, Izaddoost S, Lu Y, Cho K, Choi K, Bellen H. Discs Lost, a novel multi-PDZ domain protein, establishes and maintains epithelial polarity. Cell. 1999;96:833-45 pubmed..Hence, DLT is required to establish and maintain cell polarity and participates in different molecular complexes that define apical and lateral membrane domains. ..
- Boerkoel C, Takashima H, Stankiewicz P, Garcia C, Leber S, Rhee Morris L, et al. Periaxin mutations cause recessive Dejerine-Sottas neuropathy. Am J Hum Genet. 2001;68:325-33 pubmed..13-13.2, a region recently associated with a severe autosomal recessive demyelinating neuropathy in a Lebanese family (Delague et al. 2000) and syntenic to the location of Prx on murine chromosome 7 (Gillespie et al. 1997). ..