Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on lymphocyte activation in Dallas, Texas, United States
Locale: Dallas, Texas, United States
Topic: lymphocyte activation
- Pastor S, Vaccaro C, Minguela A, Ober R, Ward E. Analyses of TCR clustering at the T cell-antigen-presenting cell interface and its impact on the activation of naive CD4+ T cells. Int Immunol. 2006;18:1615-25 pubmed..Efficient activation can also be achieved in the absence of micrometer-scale TCR clustering, indicating that this is not a prerequisite for the effective stimulation of naive T cells. ..
- Pillai V, Ortega S, Wang C, Karandikar N. Transient regulatory T-cells: a state attained by all activated human T-cells. Clin Immunol. 2007;123:18-29 pubmed
- Harp C, Lovett Racke A, Racke M, Frohman E, Monson N. Impact of myelin-specific antigen presenting B cells on T cell activation in multiple sclerosis. Clin Immunol. 2008;128:382-91 pubmed publisher..CNS-antigen specific CD8(+) T cell proliferation was also blocked by HLA-DR, suggesting that CD8(+) proliferation is in part dependent on CD4(+) help. ..
- Niederkorn J, Chen P, Mellon J, Stevens C, Mayhew E. Allergic conjunctivitis exacerbates corneal allograft rejection by activating Th1 and th2 alloimmune responses. J Immunol. 2010;184:6076-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, exacerbation of corneal allograft rejection in mice with AC is associated with a mixed Th1 and Th2 alloimmune response, and the contribution of Th1 cells is through their production of IFN-gamma...
- Persky M, Murphy K, Farrar J. IL-12, but not IFN-alpha, promotes STAT4 activation and Th1 development in murine CD4+ T cells expressing a chimeric murine/human Stat2 gene. J Immunol. 2005;174:294-301 pubmed
- Evans J, Cravens P, Gatlin J, Kelly P, Lipsky P, Garcia J. Pre-clinical evaluation of an in vitro selection protocol for the enrichment of transduced CD34+ cell-derived human dendritic cells. Gene Ther. 2001;8:1427-35 pubmed..Thus, MLV-based vectors and in vitro selection of transduced human DC show great promise for immunotherapy protocols. ..
- Yu C, Becker C, Wang Y, Marches F, Helft J, Leboeuf M, et al. Human CD1c+ dendritic cells drive the differentiation of CD103+ CD8+ mucosal effector T cells via the cytokine TGF-?. Immunity. 2013;38:818-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, CD1c(+) and CD141(+) DCs generate CD8(+) T cells with different properties, and CD1c(+) DCs specialize in the regulation of mucosal CD8(+) T cells. ..
- Lovett Racke A, Hussain R, Northrop S, Choy J, Rocchini A, Matthes L, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha agonists as therapy for autoimmune disease. J Immunol. 2004;172:5790-8 pubmed..These results suggest that PPAR alpha agonists such as gemfibrozil and fenofibrate, may be attractive candidates for use in human inflammatory conditions such as multiple sclerosis. ..
- Halcomb K, Musuka S, Gutierrez T, Wright H, Satterthwaite A. Btk regulates localization, in vivo activation, and class switching of anti-DNA B cells. Mol Immunol. 2008;46:233-41 pubmed publisher..Thus, Btk is required for the initial loss of tolerance to DNA and the subsequent production of pathogenic autoantibodies once tolerance is breached. ..
- Topp J, Jackson J, Melton A, Lynch K. A cell-based screen for splicing regulators identifies hnRNP LL as a distinct signal-induced repressor of CD45 variable exon 4. RNA. 2008;14:2038-49 pubmed publisher..Together, these data establish that hnRNP LL plays a critical and unique role in the signal-induced regulation of CD45 and demonstrate the utility of cell-based screens for the identification of novel splicing regulatory factors. ..
- Singleton K, Roybal K, Sun Y, Fu G, Gascoigne N, van Oers N, et al. Spatiotemporal patterning during T cell activation is highly diverse. Sci Signal. 2009;2:ra15 pubmed publisher..In support of this, the effective clustering of a group of ligand-engaged receptors and signaling intermediates in a joint pattern consistently correlated with efficient T cell activation at the level of the whole cell. ..
- Benson A, Murray S, Divakar P, Burnaevskiy N, Pifer R, Forman J, et al. Microbial infection-induced expansion of effector T cells overcomes the suppressive effects of regulatory T cells via an IL-2 deprivation mechanism. J Immunol. 2012;188:800-10 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the transient reduction in Treg cells induced by pathogens via IL-2 deprivation is essential for optimal T cell responses and host resistance to microbial and viral pathogens. ..
- Tong A, Nguyen J, Lynch K. Differential expression of CD45 isoforms is controlled by the combined activity of basal and inducible splicing-regulatory elements in each of the variable exons. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:38297-304 pubmed..Together these studies reveal common themes in the regulation of the CD45 variable exons and provide a mechanistic explanation for the observed physiological expression of CD45 isoforms. ..
- Xu C, Fillmore C, Koyama S, Wu H, Zhao Y, Chen Z, et al. Loss of Lkb1 and Pten leads to lung squamous cell carcinoma with elevated PD-L1 expression. Cancer Cell. 2014;25:590-604 pubmed publisher..TPCs in the LP model and NGFR(+) cells in human SCCs highly expressed Pd-ligand-1 (PD-L1), suggesting a mechanism of immune escape for TPCs. ..
- Morris M, Liu J, Arora V, George T, Klem J, Schatzle J, et al. B6 strain Ly49I inhibitory gene expression on T cells in FVB.Ly49IB6 transgenic mice fails to prevent normal T cell functions. J Immunol. 2002;169:3661-6 pubmed..These data are in contrast with findings in Ly49A, and Ly49G2 receptor transgenic models. Perhaps Ly49I-H2(b) interactions are weaker or of lower avidity than Ly49A-H-2D(d) interactions, especially in T cells. ..
- Mooney J, Klem J, Wulfing C, Mijares L, Schwartzberg P, Bennett M, et al. The murine NK receptor 2B4 (CD244) exhibits inhibitory function independent of signaling lymphocytic activation molecule-associated protein expression. J Immunol. 2004;173:3953-61 pubmed..This predominant inhibitory function of murine 2B4 correlates with increased 2B4 long isoform level expression over 2B4 short. ..
- Tao L, Reese T. Making Mouse Models That Reflect Human Immune Responses. Trends Immunol. 2017;38:181-193 pubmed publisher..Consideration of these environmental exposures of both humans and mice can potentially improve mouse models of human disease. ..
- Wandstrat A, Nguyen C, Limaye N, Chan A, Subramanian S, Tian X, et al. Association of extensive polymorphisms in the SLAM/CD2 gene cluster with murine lupus. Immunity. 2004;21:769-80 pubmed..While autoimmunity may be mediated by a combination of genes in the SLAM/CD2 family cluster, the strongest candidate is Ly108, a specific isoform of which is constitutively upregulated in B6.Sle1b lymphocytes...
- Chujo D, Foucat E, Nguyen T, Chaussabel D, Banchereau J, Ueno H. ZnT8-Specific CD4+ T cells display distinct cytokine expression profiles between type 1 diabetes patients and healthy adults. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55595 pubmed publisher..This strategy is applicable to determine the differences in the quality of antigen-specific T cells between health and disease. ..
- Cao T, Ueno H, Glaser C, Fay J, Palucka A, Banchereau J. Both Langerhans cells and interstitial DC cross-present melanoma antigens and efficiently activate antigen-specific CTL. Eur J Immunol. 2007;37:2657-67 pubmed..Thus, this study provides the rationale to use CD34-DC loaded with necrotic/apoptotic allogeneic melanoma cells in a clinical trial. ..
- Subramanian S, Yim Y, Liu K, Tus K, Zhou X, Wakeland E. Epistatic suppression of systemic lupus erythematosus: fine mapping of Sles1 to less than 1 mb. J Immunol. 2005;175:1062-72 pubmed..Sle1 Sles1)F(1)s. These findings localize and characterize the suppressive properties of Sles1 and implicate 129 as a useful strain for aiding in the identification of this elusive epistatic modifier gene. ..
- Brown G, Lane G, Whittington B. Disparate role of LIGHT in organ-specific donor T cells activation and effector molecules in MHC class II disparate GVHD. J Clin Immunol. 2010;30:178-84 pubmed publisher..LIGHT inhibition differentially affects cytokines and effector molecules in SpC, small intestines, and large intestines, implicating different organ-specific pathways. ..
- Lee J, Sinkovits R, Mock D, Rab E, Cai J, Yang P, et al. Components of the antigen processing and presentation pathway revealed by gene expression microarray analysis following B cell antigen receptor (BCR) stimulation. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:237 pubmed
- Grammer A, McFarland R, Heaney J, Darnell B, Lipsky P. Expression, regulation, and function of B cell-expressed CD154 in germinal centers. J Immunol. 1999;163:4150-9 pubmed..These results indicate that CD154 is expressed by human B cells in vivo and plays an important role in mediating B cell responses. ..
- Reimold A, Kim J, Finberg R, Glimcher L. Decreased immediate inflammatory gene induction in activating transcription factor-2 mutant mice. Int Immunol. 2001;13:241-8 pubmed..ATF-2 is essential for maximal immediate induction of adhesion molecules and cytokine genes, but at later time points may even protect against overactive immune responses. ..
- Mandraju R, Murray S, Forman J, Pasare C. Differential ability of surface and endosomal TLRs to induce CD8 T cell responses in vivo. J Immunol. 2014;192:4303-15 pubmed publisher..Our results have important implications for combined bacterial and viral infections and suggest that bacterial infections could constrain the ability of the host to mount effective antiviral CD8 T cell immunity. ..
- Singleton K, Gosh M, Dandekar R, Au Yeung B, Ksionda O, Tybulewicz V, et al. Itk controls the spatiotemporal organization of T cell activation. Sci Signal. 2011;4:ra66 pubmed publisher..Together, these data illustrate how control of the spatiotemporal organization of T cell signaling controls critical aspects of T cell function. ..
- Ganesan S, Luu T, Chambers B, Meinke S, Brodin P, Vivier E, et al. The Abl-1 Kinase is Dispensable for NK Cell Inhibitory Signalling and is not Involved in Murine NK Cell Education. Scand J Immunol. 2017;86:135-142 pubmed publisher..We conclude that signalling downstream of murine inhibitory receptors does not involve c-Abl and that c-Abl plays no major role in NK cell education in the mouse. ..
- Diab A, Deng C, Smith J, Hussain R, Phanavanh B, Lovett Racke A, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma agonist 15-deoxy-Delta(12,14)-prostaglandin J(2) ameliorates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Immunol. 2002;168:2508-15 pubmed..These results suggest that PPAR-gamma ligands may be a novel therapeutic agent for diseases such as multiple sclerosis. ..
- Becker A, Blevins J, Tomson F, Eitson J, Medeiros J, Yarovinsky F, et al. Invariant NKT cell development requires a full complement of functional CD3 zeta immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motifs. J Immunol. 2010;184:6822-32 pubmed publisher..burgdorferi. These findings indicate that a full complement of functional CD3 zeta ITAMs is required for effective iNKT cell development. ..
- Sato K, Shikano S, Xia G, Takao J, Chung J, Cruz P, et al. Selective expression of vacuolar H+-ATPase subunit d2 by particular subsets of dendritic cells among leukocytes. Mol Immunol. 2006;43:1443-53 pubmed..These results indicated that d2 is a new marker for DC and it may, co-operatively with subunit a isoforms, regulate V-ATPase activity. ..
- Hao Z, Duncan G, Chang C, Elia A, Fang M, Wakeham A, et al. Specific ablation of the apoptotic functions of cytochrome C reveals a differential requirement for cytochrome C and Apaf-1 in apoptosis. Cell. 2005;121:579-591 pubmed publisher..These studies indicate the existence of a Cyt c- and apoptosome-independent but Apaf-1-dependent mechanism(s) for caspase activation. ..
- Deford Watts L, Dougall D, Belkaya S, Johnson B, Eitson J, Roybal K, et al. The CD3 zeta subunit contains a phosphoinositide-binding motif that is required for the stable accumulation of TCR-CD3 complex at the immunological synapse. J Immunol. 2011;186:6839-47 pubmed publisher..Such findings demonstrate a novel functional role for CD3 ? BRS-phosphoinositide interactions in supporting T cell activation. ..
- D Orazio T, Mayhew E, Niederkorn J. Ocular immune privilege promoted by the presentation of peptide on tolerogenic B cells in the spleen. II. Evidence for presentation by Qa-1. J Immunol. 2001;166:26-32 pubmed
- Tskvitaria Fuller I, Seth A, Mistry N, Gu H, Rosen M, Wulfing C. Specific patterns of Cdc42 activity are related to distinct elements of T cell polarization. J Immunol. 2006;177:1708-20 pubmed..This result suggests that Cdc42 activity in specific locations at specific times is most critical for its function in T cell activation. ..
- Liu K, Li Q, Yu Y, Liang C, Subramanian S, Zeng Z, et al. Sle3 and Sle5 can independently couple with Sle1 to mediate severe lupus nephritis. Genes Immun. 2007;8:634-45 pubmed..Our results indicate that Sle3 and Sle5 can independently complement with Sle1, through shared and unique mechanisms, to mediate the development of severe autoimmunity...
- Chung J, Dougherty I, Cruz P, Ariizumi K. Syndecan-4 mediates the coinhibitory function of DC-HIL on T cell activation. J Immunol. 2007;179:5778-84 pubmed..We conclude that SD-4 is the T cell ligand through which DC-HIL mediates its negative coregulatory function. ..
- Mahaffey C, Mummert M. Hyaluronan synthesis is required for IL-2-mediated T cell proliferation. J Immunol. 2007;179:8191-9 pubmed..Our results strongly suggest that HA synthesized by T cells themselves is critical for their IL-2-mediated proliferation and have revealed a previously unrecognized role for endogenous HA in T cell biology. ..
- Kusuhara M, Matsue K, Edelbaum D, Loftus J, Takashima A, Matsue H. Killing of naive T cells by CD95L-transfected dendritic cells (DC): in vivo study using killer DC-DC hybrids and CD4(+) T cells from DO11.10 mice. Eur J Immunol. 2002;32:1035-43 pubmed..Our data also uncover two major limitations (relatively low homing efficiency and incomplete elimination of Ag-reactive T cells) that remain to be overcome for clinical application of CD95L-transduced DC strategy. ..
- Ashour H, Niederkorn J. Peripheral tolerance via the anterior chamber of the eye: role of B cells in MHC class I and II antigen presentation. J Immunol. 2006;176:5950-7 pubmed..These results suggest that peripheral tolerance induced through the eye requires Ag-presenting B cells that simultaneously present Ags on both MHC class I and II molecules...
- Fairhurst A, Hwang S, Wang A, Tian X, Boudreaux C, Zhou X, et al. Yaa autoimmune phenotypes are conferred by overexpression of TLR7. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:1971-8 pubmed publisher..However, the resolution of TLR7 up-regulation did not eliminate the enhanced humoral autoimmunity observed in B6.SleYaa, suggesting that additional elements in the translocation may contribute to the disease phenotype. ..
- Tomihari M, Chung J, Akiyoshi H, Cruz P, Ariizumi K. DC-HIL/glycoprotein Nmb promotes growth of melanoma in mice by inhibiting the activation of tumor-reactive T cells. Cancer Res. 2010;70:5778-87 pubmed publisher..As such, the DC-HIL/SD-4 pathway is a potentially useful target for antimelanoma immunotherapy...
- Roybal K, Buck T, Ruan X, Cho B, Clark D, Ambler R, et al. Computational spatiotemporal analysis identifies WAVE2 and cofilin as joint regulators of costimulation-mediated T cell actin dynamics. Sci Signal. 2016;9:rs3 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have developed and validated an approach to quantify protein distributions in time and space for the analysis of complex regulatory systems. ..
- Chung J, Sato K, Dougherty I, Cruz P, Ariizumi K. DC-HIL is a negative regulator of T lymphocyte activation. Blood. 2007;109:4320-7 pubmed..We conclude that endogenous DC-HIL is a negative regulator of T lymphocyte activation, and that this native inhibitory function can be blocked by exogenous DC-HIL, leading to enhanced immune responses. ..
- Liang H, Reich C, Pisetsky D, Lipsky P. The role of surface ig binding in the activation of human B cells by phosphorothioate oligodeoxynucleotides. Scand J Immunol. 2001;54:551-63 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that sODNs engage surface Ig by charge-charge interactions that lead to activation of human B cells. ..
- Ren H, Schmalstieg A, van Oers N, Gaynor R. I-kappa B kinases alpha and beta have distinct roles in regulating murine T cell function. J Immunol. 2002;168:3721-31 pubmed..These results suggest that IKKalpha and IKKbeta have distinct roles in regulating thymocyte function. ..
- Yuan D, Dang T, Hawley J, Jenuwein T, Grosschedl R. Role of the OCTA site in regulation of IgH chain gene transcription during B cell activation. Int Immunol. 1995;7:1163-72 pubmed..These results indicate that different mechanisms may be involved in the activation of resting versus in vivo stimulated B lymphocytes. The findings are discussed in relation to the phenotype described for Oct-2-deficient mice. ..
- Jego G, Palucka A, Blanck J, Chalouni C, Pascual V, Banchereau J. Plasmacytoid dendritic cells induce plasma cell differentiation through type I interferon and interleukin 6. Immunity. 2003;19:225-34 pubmed..These plasma cells display the high levels of CD38 found on tissue plasma cells. Thus, pDCs are critical for the generation of plasma cells and antibody responses. ..
- Wilder J, Yuan D. Regulation of IFN-gamma mRNA production in murine natural killer cells. Int Immunol. 1995;7:575-82 pubmed..Our results also suggest that induction of the factor which stabilizes the mRNA, although as yet unknown, requires new RNA synthesis. ..
- Seaman M, Wang C, Forman J. MHC class Ib-restricted CTL provide protection against primary and secondary Listeria monocytogenes infection. J Immunol. 2000;165:5192-201 pubmed..Together, these data demonstrate that class Ib-restricted CTL play an important role in clearing a primary LM infection and generate a memory population capable of providing significant protection against subsequent infection. ..
- Duluc D, Gannevat J, Anguiano E, Zurawski S, Carley M, Boreham M, et al. Functional diversity of human vaginal APC subsets in directing T-cell responses. Mucosal Immunol. 2013;6:626-38 pubmed publisher..To evoke desired types of adaptive immune responses in the human vagina, antigens may need to be targeted to proper APC subsets with right adjuvants. ..
- Klem J, Verrett P, Kumar V, Schatzle J. 2B4 is constitutively associated with linker for the activation of T cells in glycolipid-enriched microdomains: properties required for 2B4 lytic function. J Immunol. 2002;169:55-62 pubmed..However, we have also shown that LAT association alone is not sufficient for maximal 2B4 activation. ..
- Chung J, Bonkobara M, Tomihari M, Cruz P, Ariizumi K. The DC-HIL/syndecan-4 pathway inhibits human allogeneic T-cell responses. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:965-74 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the DC-HIL/SD-4 pathway can be manipulated to treat T-cell-driven disorders in humans. ..
- Chung J, Cruz P, Ariizumi K. Inhibition of T-cell activation by syndecan-4 is mediated by CD148 through protein tyrosine phosphatase activity. Eur J Immunol. 2011;41:1794-9 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that SD-4 is unique among known T-cell coinhibitors, in employing CD148 to inhibit T-cell activation at a site distal from the synapse. ..
- Harp C, Ireland S, Davis L, Remington G, Cassidy B, Cravens P, et al. Memory B cells from a subset of treatment-naïve relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis patients elicit CD4(+) T-cell proliferation and IFN-? production in response to myelin basic protein and myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein. Eur J Immunol. 2010;40:2942-56 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate for the first time that the memory B-cell pool in RRMS harbors neuro-Ag specific B cells that can activate T cells...
- Catalina M, Carroll M, Arizpe H, Takashima A, Estess P, Siegelman M. The route of antigen entry determines the requirement for L-selectin during immune responses. J Exp Med. 1996;184:2341-51 pubmed
- Aguila M, Rodriguez A, Aguila Mansilla H, Lee W. Somatostatin antisense oligodeoxynucleotide-mediated stimulation of lymphocyte proliferation in culture. Endocrinology. 1996;137:1585-90 pubmed
- Gao N, Jennings P, Yuan D. Requirements for the natural killer cell-mediated induction of IgG1 and IgG2a expression in B lymphocytes. Int Immunol. 2008;20:645-57 pubmed publisher..This in vitro analysis provides a mechanistic basis for understanding the documented NK cell effects on T-independent B cell responses in vivo. ..
- Fairhurst A, Mathian A, Connolly J, Wang A, Gray H, George T, et al. Systemic IFN-alpha drives kidney nephritis in B6.Sle123 mice. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:1948-60 pubmed publisher..In summary, the predominant impact of systemic IFN-alpha in this murine model is an exacerbation of mechanisms mediating end organ damage. ..
- Seaman M, Perarnau B, Lindahl K, Lemonnier F, Forman J. Response to Listeria monocytogenes in mice lacking MHC class Ia molecules. J Immunol. 1999;162:5429-36 pubmed..Thus, class Ia-deficient animals have a CD8+ T cell repertoire capable of recognizing both class Ia and class Ib molecules and can generate protective immunity to LM. ..
- Stepp S, Dufourcq Lagelouse R, Le Deist F, Bhawan S, Certain S, Mathew P, et al. Perforin gene defects in familial hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis. Science. 1999;286:1957-9 pubmed..Thus, defects in perforin are responsible for 10q21-22-linked FHL. Perforin-based effector systems are, therefore, involved not only in the lysis of abnormal cells but also in the down-regulation of cellular immune activation. ..
- Seabra M, Brown M, Goldstein J. Retinal degeneration in choroideremia: deficiency of rab geranylgeranyl transferase. Science. 1993;259:377-81 pubmed..The data imply the existence of multiple component A proteins, one of which is missing in choroideremia...
- Wulfing C, Tskvitaria Fuller I, Burroughs N, Sjaastad M, Klem J, Schatzle J. Interface accumulation of receptor/ligand couples in lymphocyte activation: methods, mechanisms, and significance. Immunol Rev. 2002;189:64-83 pubmed..In the investigation of NK cell/target cell interactions, we characterize the often tentative NK cell/target cell couple maintenance, as it creates a major obstacle in studying receptor/ligand accumulation. ..
- Raetz M, Hwang S, Wilhelm C, Kirkland D, Benson A, Sturge C, et al. Parasite-induced TH1 cells and intestinal dysbiosis cooperate in IFN-?-dependent elimination of Paneth cells. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:136-42 pubmed publisher..gondii infection identified the T cell-intrinsic TLR pathway as a major regulator of IFN-? production in CD4(+) T cells responsible for Paneth cell death, dysbiosis and intestinal immunopathology...
- Deng C, Radu C, Diab A, Tsen M, Hussain R, Cowdery J, et al. IL-1 receptor-associated kinase 1 regulates susceptibility to organ-specific autoimmunity. J Immunol. 2003;170:2833-42 pubmed..These findings may also help explain the association between antecedent infection and the development or exacerbations of some autoimmune diseases. ..
- Chung J, Shiue L, Duvic M, Pandya A, Cruz P, Ariizumi K. Sézary syndrome cells overexpress syndecan-4 bearing distinct heparan sulfate moieties that suppress T-cell activation by binding DC-HIL and trapping TGF-beta on the cell surface. Blood. 2011;117:3382-90 pubmed publisher..Finally, we showed toxin-conjugated DC-HIL to abrogate the ability of SS cells to proliferate in vitro. These findings indicate that SD-4 bearing distinct HS moieties plays a pathogenic role in SS and may be targeted for treatment...
- Chiang E, Stroynowski I. A nonclassical MHC class I molecule restricts CTL-mediated rejection of a syngeneic melanoma tumor. J Immunol. 2004;173:4394-401 pubmed..Collectively, these studies demonstrate that a MHC class Ib molecule can serve as a restriction element for antitumor CTL and mediate protective immune responses in a syngeneic setting...
- Singleton K, Parvaze N, Dama K, Chen K, Jennings P, Purtic B, et al. A large T cell invagination with CD2 enrichment resets receptor engagement in the immunological synapse. J Immunol. 2006;177:4402-13 pubmed..Based on this characterization, we speculate that the T cell invagination, aided by CD2 enrichment, internalizes parts of the TCR signaling machinery to reset T cell signaling upon agonist-mediated, stable APC contact. ..
- Di Pucchio T, Chatterjee B, Smed Sorensen A, Clayton S, Palazzo A, Montes M, et al. Direct proteasome-independent cross-presentation of viral antigen by plasmacytoid dendritic cells on major histocompatibility complex class I. Nat Immunol. 2008;9:551-7 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that pDCs use 'ready-made' stores of MHC class I to rapidly present exogenous antigen to CD8+ T cells. ..
- Yang W, Li H, Chen P, Alizadeh H, He Y, Hogan R, et al. PD-L1 expression on human ocular cells and its possible role in regulating immune-mediated ocular inflammation. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:273-80 pubmed publisher..To assess the expression of PD-L1 and PD-L2 on human ocular cells and their potential to regulate ocular inflammation...