Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on hyperplasia in Houston, Texas, United States
Locale: Houston, Texas, United States
- Wistuba I, Gazdar A. Lung cancer preneoplasia. Annu Rev Pathol. 2006;1:331-48 pubmed
- Ouhtit A, Muller H, Davis D, Ullrich S, McConkey D, Ananthaswamy H. Temporal events in skin injury and the early adaptive responses in ultraviolet-irradiated mouse skin. Am J Pathol. 2000;156:201-7 pubmed..This implies that UV-induced apoptosis and hyperplasia are closely linked and tightly regulated and that dysregulation of these two events may lead to skin cancer development. ..
- Montufar Solis D, Garza T, Vigneswaran N, Klein J. Soluble gp130 promotes intestinal epithelial hyperplasia during reovirus infection. Int J Exp Pathol. 2010;91:276-80 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that sgp130 may have a beneficial effect during intestinal virus infection by disrupting interleukin-6 trans-signalling, thereby reducing the local inflammatory response. ..
- Muthusamy S, Andersson S, Kim H, Butler R, Waage L, Bergerheim U, et al. Estrogen receptor ? and 17?-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 6, a growth regulatory pathway that is lost in prostate cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:20090-4 pubmed publisher..Both proteins were present in benign prostatic hyperplasia samples. These observations reveal that formation of 3?-Adiol via 17?HSD6 from DHT is an important growth regulatory pathway that is lost in prostate cancer. ..
- Cheng J, Wang Y, Liang A, Jia L, Du J. FSP-1 silencing in bone marrow cells suppresses neointima formation in vein graft. Circ Res. 2012;110:230-40 pubmed publisher..The Rac1 and ERK5 signaling cascade mediate FSP-1-induced responses in SMCs and BM cells. This novel pathophysiology suggests a new therapeutic target, FSP-1, for preventing the development of neointima in vein grafts. ..
- Weakley S, Wang X, Mu H, Lu J, Lin P, Yao Q, et al. Ginkgolide A-gold nanoparticles inhibit vascular smooth muscle proliferation and migration in vitro and reduce neointimal hyperplasia in a mouse model. J Surg Res. 2011;171:31-9 pubmed publisher..GA-GNP reduce vascular SMC proliferation and migration in vitro through reduced activation of ERK1/2. Local treatment with GA-GNP in areas of arterial injury reduced neointimal hyperplasia and subsequent stenosis. ..
- Medina D. Premalignant and malignant mammary lesions induced by MMTV and chemical carcinogens. J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia. 2008;13:271-7 pubmed publisher..Newer transgenic mouse models provide a renewed opportunity to engage in the study of the mechanisms and processes underlying mammary metastasis. ..
- Lydon J, DeMayo F, Conneely O, O Malley B. Reproductive phenotpes of the progesterone receptor null mutant mouse. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1996;56:67-77 pubmed
- Wallace M, Ahrar K, Tinkey P, Wright K. Transvenous extrahepatic portacaval shunt with use of a modified prototype stent-graft: experimental study in animals. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2005;16:261-7 pubmed..Additional refinements of the stent-graft delivery process are needed to improve the accuracy of deployment. ..
- Jordan P, Barroso A, Sweeney J. Gastric carcinoids in patients with hypergastrinemia. J Am Coll Surg. 2004;199:552-5 pubmed..Hypergastrinemia in patients with pernicious anemia is a major regulator contributing to enterochromaffin-cell hyperplasia and, ultimately, to gastric carcinoids...
- Wojcik S, Longley M, Roop D. Discovery of a novel murine keratin 6 (K6) isoform explains the absence of hair and nail defects in mice deficient for K6a and K6b. J Cell Biol. 2001;154:619-30 pubmed..We therefore termed this gene MK6 hair follicle (MK6hf). The presence of MK6hf in the MK6a/b-/- follicles and nails offers an explanation for the absence of hair and nail defects in MK6a/b-/- animals. ..
- Long D, Iskander K, Gaikwad A, Arin M, Roop D, Knox R, et al. Disruption of dihydronicotinamide riboside:quinone oxidoreductase 2 (NQO2) leads to myeloid hyperplasia of bone marrow and decreased sensitivity to menadione toxicity. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:46131-9 pubmed..The NQO2-null mice are a model for NQO2 deficiency in humans and can be used to determine the role of this enzyme in sensitivities to toxicity and carcinogenesis. ..
- Blutt S, Warfield K, Lewis D, Conner M. Early response to rotavirus infection involves massive B cell activation. J Immunol. 2002;168:5716-21 pubmed
- Mixon M, Kittrell F, Medina D. Expression of Brca1 and splice variant Brca1delta11 RNA levels in mouse mammary gland during normal development and tumorigenesis. Oncogene. 2000;19:5237-43 pubmed
- Wang X, Liefer K, Tsai S, O Malley B, Roop D. Development of gene-switch transgenic mice that inducibly express transforming growth factor beta1 in the epidermis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:8483-8 pubmed..Given that the TGFbeta1 transgene can affect both the epidermis and dermis, this transgenic model will provide a useful tool for studying roles of TGFbeta1 in wound-healing and skin carcinogenesis in the future. ..
- Dearth R, Cui X, Kim H, Kuiatse I, Lawrence N, Zhang X, et al. Mammary tumorigenesis and metastasis caused by overexpression of insulin receptor substrate 1 (IRS-1) or IRS-2. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:9302-14 pubmed..This study defines IRSs as oncogene proteins in vivo and provides new models to develop inhibitors against IRSs for anticancer therapy. ..
- Taylor O, Popek E, Albright J, Barshes N, Goss J, Carter B. Oropharyngeal plasmacytic hyperplasia in a post-liver transplant recipient: morphologic and histologic signs. Liver Transpl. 2007;13:170-2 pubmed
- Kawaguchi H, El Naggar A, Papadimitrakopoulou V, Ren H, Fan Y, Feng L, et al. Podoplanin: a novel marker for oral cancer risk in patients with oral premalignancy. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26:354-60 pubmed publisher..Podoplanin is frequently expressed in OPL. Together with histology, podoplanin may serve as a powerful biomarker to predict the risk for oral cancer development in patients with OPL. ..
- Lin T, Meng L, Li Y, Tsai R. Tumor-initiating function of nucleostemin-enriched mammary tumor cells. Cancer Res. 2010;70:9444-52 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish the tumor-initiating and molecular features of NS-enriched mammary tumor cells, suggesting that NS may offer a valuable therapeutic target. ..
- Yang G, Park S, Cao G, Goltsov A, Ren C, Truong L, et al. MMTV promoter-regulated caveolin-1 overexpression yields defective parenchymal epithelia in multiple exocrine organs of transgenic mice. Exp Mol Pathol. 2010;89:9-19 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Cav-1 overexpression causes organ-specific, age-related epithelial disorders and suggest the potential for increased susceptibility to carcinogenesis. ..
- Kuo M, Zhao J, Teeter L, Ikeguchi M, Chisari F. Activation of multidrug resistance (P-glycoprotein) mdr3/mdr1a gene during the development of hepatocellular carcinoma in hepatitis B virus transgenic mice. Cell Growth Differ. 1992;3:531-40 pubmed
- Michelle M A, Jensen C, Habra M, Menias C, Shaaban A, Wagner Bartak N, et al. Adrenal cortical hyperplasia: diagnostic workup, subtypes, imaging features and mimics. Br J Radiol. 2017;90:20170330 pubmed publisher..This article will discuss the clinical presentation, laboratory workup and imaging features of adrenal cortical hyperplasia, both congenital and acquired. ..
- Cagle P, Churg A. Differential diagnosis of benign and malignant mesothelial proliferations on pleural biopsies. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2005;129:1421-7 pubmed..When there is any doubt that a pleural biopsy represents a malignancy, we recommend a diagnosis of atypical mesothelial proliferation. ..
- Iskander K, Jaiswal A. Quinone oxidoreductases in protection against myelogenous hyperplasia and benzene toxicity. Chem Biol Interact. 2005;153-154:147-57 pubmed..Decreased apoptosis contributed to myelogenous hyperplasia. The studies on short-term exposure of NQO1-/- mice to benzene demonstrated substantially greater benzene-induced toxicity, as compared to wild type mice. ..
- Ngan E, Ma Z, Chua S, DeMayo F, Tsai S. Inducible expression of FGF-3 in mouse mammary gland. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:11187-92 pubmed..Taken together, the mifepristone-inducible regulatory system provides a powerful means for understanding the diverse roles of FGF-3 and its interactions with hormones in mammary gland tumorigenesis. ..
- Kuniyasu H, Abbruzzese J, Cleary K, Fidler I. Induction of ductal and stromal hyperplasia by basic fibroblast growth factor produced by human pancreatic carcinoma. Int J Oncol. 2001;19:681-5 pubmed..0213). These data suggest that the production of bFGF by pancreatic cancer cells induces ductal and stromal hyperplasia of the pancreas. ..
- Waikel R, Wang X, Roop D. Targeted expression of c-Myc in the epidermis alters normal proliferation, differentiation and UV-B induced apoptosis. Oncogene. 1999;18:4870-8 pubmed..These findings provide evidence that overexpression of c-Myc in the epidermis induces proliferation, inhibits terminal differentiation and decreases the sensitivity of keratinocytes to UV-B induced apoptosis. ..
- Mishina Y, Rey R, Finegold M, Matzuk M, Josso N, Cate R, et al. Genetic analysis of the Müllerian-inhibiting substance signal transduction pathway in mammalian sexual differentiation. Genes Dev. 1996;10:2577-87 pubmed..These studies provide in vivo evidence that MIS is the only ligand of the MIS type II receptor, in contrast to the complexity of other TGF-beta gene family signaling pathways. ..
- Vargo Gogola T, Heckman B, Gunther E, Chodosh L, Rosen J. P190-B Rho GTPase-activating protein overexpression disrupts ductal morphogenesis and induces hyperplastic lesions in the developing mammary gland. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:1391-405 pubmed..These data demonstrate that precise control of p190-B Rho GTPase-activating protein activity is critical for normal branching morphogenesis during mammary gland development. ..
- Wang R, Mazumdar A, Vadlamudi R, Kumar R. P21-activated kinase-1 phosphorylates and transactivates estrogen receptor-alpha and promotes hyperplasia in mammary epithelium. EMBO J. 2002;21:5437-47 pubmed..These findings reveal a novel role for the Pak1-ER pathway in promoting hyperplasia in mammary epithelium. ..
- Lee J, Ryu S, Kang S, Chung W, Gold K, Kim E, et al. Prevention of bronchial hyperplasia by EGFR pathway inhibitors in an organotypic culture model. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2011;4:1306-15 pubmed publisher..EGFR and MEK inhibitors completely blocked EGF-induced bronchial hyperplasia, suggesting that they have a chemopreventive role...
- Long D, Gaikwad A, Multani A, Pathak S, Montgomery C, Gonzalez F, et al. Disruption of the NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1 (NQO1) gene in mice causes myelogenous hyperplasia. Cancer Res. 2002;62:3030-6 pubmed
- He W, Li A, Wang D, Han S, Zheng B, Goumans M, et al. Overexpression of Smad7 results in severe pathological alterations in multiple epithelial tissues. EMBO J. 2002;21:2580-90 pubmed..Smad7 mice. Our study provides evidence that Smad7 is a potent in vivo inhibitor for signal transduction of the TGFbeta superfamily during development and maintenance of homeostasis of multiple epithelial tissues. ..
- Zahnow C, Cardiff R, Laucirica R, Medina D, Rosen J. A role for CCAAT/enhancer binding protein beta-liver-enriched inhibitory protein in mammary epithelial cell proliferation. Cancer Res. 2001;61:261-9 pubmed