Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Houston, Texas, United States
Locale: Houston, Texas, United States
Publications2412 found, 100 shown here
- Mejia N, Vuong K, Jankovic J. Long-term botulinum toxin efficacy, safety, and immunogenicity. Mov Disord. 2005;20:592-7 pubmed..Except for 1 patient, the 4 Ab-positive and the 2 clinical nonresponders are being treated with BTX-B. This longest reported follow-up of BTX injections confirms the long-term efficacy and safety of this treatment. ..
- Lee J, Cheung S, Ward P, Inoue K, Lupski J. Prenatal diagnosis of PLP1 copy number by array comparative genomic hybridization. Prenat Diagn. 2005;25:1188-91 pubmed..aCGH is a reliable alternative method for detection of PLP1 copy number for prenatal diagnosis of Pelizaeus-Merzbacher disease. ..
- Bowman B, Moure C, Kirtane B, Welschhans R, Tominaga K, Pereira Smith O, et al. Multipurpose MRG domain involved in cell senescence and proliferation exhibits structural homology to a DNA-interacting domain. Structure. 2006;14:151-8 pubmed..Site-directed mutagenesis studies based on the X-ray structure and bioinformatics identified key residues involved in the binding of PAM14 and MRGBP. ..
- Lynch M, Griffin I, Hawthorne K, Chen Z, Hamzo M, Abrams S. Calcium balance in 1-4-y-old children. Am J Clin Nutr. 2007;85:750-4 pubmed..The benefits and risks of higher calcium intakes consistent with threshold values should be evaluated in a controlled trial before those intakes could be used as a basis for dietary recommendations. ..
- Liou J, Ghelani D, Yeh S, Wu K. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs induce colorectal cancer cell apoptosis by suppressing 14-3-3epsilon. Cancer Res. 2007;67:3185-91 pubmed..These results suggest that 14-3-3epsilon is a target for the prevention and therapy of colorectal cancer. ..
- Creighton C. A gene transcription signature associated with hormone independence in a subset of both breast and prostate cancers. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:199 pubmed
- Ruan K, Cervantes V, Wu J. A simple, quick, and high-yield preparation of the human thromboxane A2 receptor in full size for structural studies. Biochemistry. 2008;47:6819-26 pubmed publisher..These studies provide a basis for the high-yield expression and purification of the GPCR for the structural and functional characterization using biophysics approaches. ..
- Shih Y, Xu Y, Cormier J, Giordano S, Ridner S, Buchholz T, et al. Incidence, treatment costs, and complications of lymphedema after breast cancer among women of working age: a 2-year follow-up study. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:2007-14 pubmed publisher..The substantial costs documented here suggest that further efforts should be made to elucidate reduction and prevention strategies for BCRL. ..
- Ashrith G, Lee V, Elayda M, Reul R, Wilson J. Short- and long-term outcomes of coronary artery bypass grafting or drug-eluting stent implantation for multivessel coronary artery disease in patients with chronic kidney disease. Am J Cardiol. 2010;106:348-53 pubmed publisher..52 to 2.34; p = 0.7). In conclusion, in patients with non-HD CKD and multivessel CAD, CABG led to better survival than PCI with drug-eluting stents, but CABG patients had a greater short-term risk of requiring permanent hemodialysis...
- Xu A, Ng C, Kamat A, Grossman H, Dinney C, Sandler C. Significance of upper urinary tract urothelial thickening and filling defect seen on MDCT urography in patients with a history of urothelial neoplasms. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2010;195:959-65 pubmed publisher..CT urography failed to depict four tumors. Our data confirm that CT urography has utility in the surveillance of upper tract tumors. Urothelial thickening is an important radiologic sign of tumor, especially in the pelvicalyceal system. ..
- Uray I, Brown P. Chemoprevention of hormone receptor-negative breast cancer: new approaches needed. Recent Results Cancer Res. 2011;188:147-62 pubmed publisher..It is anticipated that in the future these molecularly targeted drugs will be combined with hormonal agents such as SERMs or aromatase inhibitors to prevent all forms of breast cancer. ..
- Liu M, Lee D, Chen C, Yen C, Li L, Lee H, et al. IKK? activation of NOTCH links tumorigenesis via FOXA2 suppression. Mol Cell. 2012;45:171-84 pubmed publisher..Here, we report a TNF?/IKK?/FOXA2/NUMB/NOTCH1 pathway that is critical for inflammation-mediated tumorigenesis and may provide a target for clinical intervention in human cancer. ..
- Sircar K, Huang H, Hu L, Liu Y, Dhillon J, Cogdell D, et al. Mitosis phase enrichment with identification of mitotic centromere-associated kinesin as a therapeutic target in castration-resistant prostate cancer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31259 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of MCAK arrested the growth of prostate cancer cells suggesting its utility as a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Muller F, Colla S, Aquilanti E, Manzo V, Genovese G, Lee J, et al. Passenger deletions generate therapeutic vulnerabilities in cancer. Nature. 2012;488:337-42 pubmed publisher..The principle of collateral vulnerability should be applicable to other passenger-deleted genes encoding functionally redundant essential activities and provide an effective treatment strategy for cancers containing such genomic events...
- Zhu Y, Du P, Nakhleh L. Gene duplicability-connectivity-complexity across organisms and a neutral evolutionary explanation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44491 pubmed publisher..Our results call for more research into factors, adaptive and non-adaptive alike, that determine a gene's duplicability. ..
- Wei L, Hu F, Shen Y, Chen Z, Yu Y, Lin C, et al. Live-cell imaging of alkyne-tagged small biomolecules by stimulated Raman scattering. Nat Methods. 2014;11:410-2 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate this technique by tracking alkyne-bearing drugs in mouse tissues and visualizing de novo synthesis of DNA, RNA, proteins, phospholipids and triglycerides through metabolic incorporation of alkyne-tagged small precursors. ..
- Moon Grady A, Morris S, Belfort M, Chmait R, Dangel J, Devlieger R, et al. International Fetal Cardiac InterventionÂ Registry: A Worldwide Collaborative Description and PreliminaryÂ Outcomes. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015;66:388-99 pubmed publisher..We describe the contents of the IFCIR and present post-natal data to suggest potential benefit toÂ fetalÂ therapy among pregnancies considered for possible intervention and support proposals for additional work. ..
- Liu Y, Deng W. Reverse engineering human neurodegenerative disease using pluripotent stem cell technology. Brain Res. 2016;1638:30-41 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled SI: PSC and the brain. ..
- Swisher S, Vila J, Tucker S, Bedrosian I, Shaitelman S, Litton J, et al. Locoregional Control According to Breast Cancer Subtype and Response to Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy in Breast Cancer Patients Undergoing Breast-conserving Therapy. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:749-56 pubmed publisher..Patients undergoing BCT after neoadjuvant chemotherapy have excellent rates of 5-year LRR-free survival that are affected by molecular subtype and by response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy. ..
- Cohen J, Beernaert K, Van den Block L, Morin L, Hunt K, Miccinesi G, et al. Differences in place of death between lung cancer and COPD patients: a 14-country study using death certificate data. NPJ Prim Care Respir Med. 2017;27:14 pubmed publisher..Cohen's team found that, with the exception of Italy, Spain, and Mexico, patients with COPD were significantly more likely to die in hospital than at home. They highlight the need for improved COPD palliative care provision. ..
- Kanwal F, Kramer J, Asch S, Chayanupatkul M, Cao Y, El Serag H. Risk of Hepatocellular Cancer in HCV Patients Treated With Direct-Acting Antiviral Agents. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:996-1005.e1 pubmed publisher..However, in patients with SVR, the absolute risk of HCC remained high in patients with established cirrhosis. These patients should be considered for ongoing HCC surveillance. ..
- Brink S, Simons Morton B, Zane D. A hospital-based infant safety seat program for low-income families: assessment of population needs and provider practices. Health Educ Q. 1989;16:45-56 pubmed
- Diaz E, Kies M. Chemotherapy for skull base cancers. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2001;34:1079-85, viii pubmed
- Roth D. Amplifying mechanisms of lymphomagenesis. Mol Cell. 2002;10:1-2 pubmed..A recent study highlights the importance of nonclassical end joining mechanisms in the formation of these oncogenic DNA rearrangements. ..
- Jogi R, Tyring S. Therapy of nontuberculous mycobacterial infections. Dermatol Ther. 2004;17:491-8 pubmed
- Voo K, Peng G, Guo Z, Fu T, Li Y, Frappier L, et al. Functional characterization of EBV-encoded nuclear antigen 1-specific CD4+ helper and regulatory T cells elicited by in vitro peptide stimulation. Cancer Res. 2005;65:1577-86 pubmed
- Huang W, Zhang J, Washington M, Liu J, Parant J, Lozano G, et al. Xenobiotic stress induces hepatomegaly and liver tumors via the nuclear receptor constitutive androstane receptor. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:1646-53 pubmed
- Benndorf G, Strother C, Claus B, Naeini R, Morsi H, Klucznik R, et al. Angiographic CT in cerebrovascular stenting. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2005;26:1813-8 pubmed
- Chakraborty A, Brooks H, Zhang P, Smith W, McReynolds M, Hoying J, et al. Stanniocalcin-1 regulates endothelial gene expression and modulates transendothelial migration of leukocytes. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2007;292:F895-904 pubmed..The data suggest that STC1 plays a critical role in transendothelial migration of inflammatory cells and is involved in the regulation of numerous aspects of endothelial function. ..
- Slomka J, McCurdy S, Ratliff E, Timpson S, Williams M. Perceptions of financial payment for research participation among African-American drug users in HIV studies. J Gen Intern Med. 2007;22:1403-9 pubmed..Payment for research participation appears to be part of the "informal economy" that has been observed in underserved communities. ..
- Wang W, Spitz M, Yang H, Lu C, Stewart D, Wu X. Genetic variants in cell cycle control pathway confer susceptibility to lung cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:5974-81 pubmed..Our results suggest that cell cycle gene polymorphisms and smoking may function collectively to modulate the risk of lung cancer. ..
- Cruz A, Cazacu A, Greer J, Demmler G. Rapid assays for the diagnosis of influenza A and B viruses in patients evaluated at a large tertiary care children's hospital during two consecutive winter seasons. J Clin Virol. 2008;41:143-7 pubmed..Differences in pre- and post-licensure performance demonstrate the importance of continuous evaluation of rapid diagnostic tests for influenza. ..
- Murthy R, Kamat P, Nunez R, Madoff D, Gupta S, Salem R, et al. Yttrium-90 microsphere radioembolotherapy of hepatic metastatic neuroendocrine carcinomas after hepatic arterial embolization. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2008;19:145-51 pubmed publisher..In this cohort, (90)Y microsphere radioembolization of neuroendocrine hepatic metastases was not precluded by previous nonradioactive embolization procedures, but the effectiveness in this population requires further investigation. ..
- Yan J, Erdem H, Li R, Cai Y, Ayala G, Ittmann M, et al. Steroid receptor coactivator-3/AIB1 promotes cell migration and invasiveness through focal adhesion turnover and matrix metalloproteinase expression. Cancer Res. 2008;68:5460-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that SRC-3/AIB1 plays an essential role in prostate cancer cell invasion and metastasis. ..
- Konoplev S, Fritsche H, O Brien S, Wierda W, Keating M, Gornet T, et al. High serum thymidine kinase 1 level predicts poorer survival in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Am J Clin Pathol. 2010;134:472-7 pubmed publisher..We suggest that serum TK1 levels analyzed using this convenient chemiluminescence assay may be useful in the risk assessment of patients with CLL. ..
- Tsao A, Garland L, Redman M, Kernstine K, Gandara D, Marom E. A practical guide of the Southwest Oncology Group to measure malignant pleural mesothelioma tumors by RECIST and modified RECIST criteria. J Thorac Oncol. 2011;6:598-601 pubmed publisher..With this consistency, we may be able to better estimate the prognosis and response to therapy. With greater utilization, we will be able to better understand the biology of MPM. ..
- Kantarjian H, Thomas D, Jorgensen J, Jabbour E, Kebriaei P, Rytting M, et al. Inotuzumab ozogamicin, an anti-CD22-calecheamicin conjugate, for refractory and relapsed acute lymphocytic leukaemia: a phase 2 study. Lancet Oncol. 2012;13:403-11 pubmed publisher..Inotuzumab ozogamicin shows promise as a treatment for refractory and relapsed ALL. Pfizer. ..
- Johnston C, Moreno J, El Mubasher A, Woehler D. School lunches and lunches brought from home: a comparative analysis. Child Obes. 2012;8:364-8 pubmed publisher..g., actual intake and nutrient/caloric density), these results provide compelling evidence that lunches brought from home should be an area of emphasis for research and intervention. ..
- Guadagnolo B, Liao K, Elting L, Giordano S, Buchholz T, Shih Y. Use of radiation therapy in the last 30 days of life among a large population-based cohort of elderly patients in the United States. J Clin Oncol. 2013;31:80-7 pubmed publisher..More research is needed into physician decision making regarding use of RT for patients with end-stage cancer. ..
- Lee J, Mehta U, Dsouza L, Guadagnolo B, Sanders D, Kim K. Long-term stabilization of leptomeningeal disease with whole-brain radiation therapy in a patient with metastatic melanoma treated with vemurafenib: a case report. Melanoma Res. 2013;23:175-8 pubmed publisher..She remained alive with radiologically stable LMD for at least 18 months after the whole-brain radiation therapy. ..
- Gao S, Li X, Amendt B. Understanding the role of Tbx1 as a candidate gene for 22q11.2 deletion syndrome. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2013;13:613-21 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the mechanisms of Tbx1 during development of the heart, thymus and parathyroid glands, as well as during formation of the palate, teeth, and other craniofacial features. ..
- Cucinotta F, Alp M, Rowedder B, Kim M. Safe days in space with acceptable uncertainty from space radiation exposure. Life Sci Space Res (Amst). 2015;5:31-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore they will require significant research efforts to support space exploration within acceptable levels of risk and uncertainty. ..
- Ferrajoli A, Ivan C, Ciccone M, Shimizu M, Kita Y, Ohtsuka M, et al. Epstein-Barr Virus MicroRNAs are Expressed in Patients with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia and Correlate with Overall Survival. EBioMedicine. 2015;2:572-82 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that EBV may have a role in the process of disease progression in CLL and that miRNA RT-PCR and miRNAs ISH could represent additional methods to detect EBV miRNAs in patients with CLL. ..
- Xie D, Cui J, Xia T, Jia Z, Wang L, Wei W, et al. Hippo transducer TAZ promotes epithelial mesenchymal transition and supports pancreatic cancer progression. Oncotarget. 2015;6:35949-63 pubmed publisher..Therefore, TAZ functioned as an oncogene and promoted pancreatic cancer epithelial-mesenchymal transition and progression. TAZ thus may be a target for effective therapeutic strategies for pancreatic cancer. ..
- Johnson S, Cuellar A, GERSHON A. The Influence of Trauma, Life Events, and Social Relationships on Bipolar Depression. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2016;39:87-94 pubmed publisher..The triggers of bipolar depression overlap with those documented for unipolar depression, suggesting that many of the treatment targets for unipolar depression may be applicable for bipolar depression. ..
- Wang L, Baser O, Wells P, Peacock W, Coleman C, Fermann G, et al. Benefit of early discharge among patients with low-risk pulmonary embolism. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185022 pubmed publisher..8-$5225.0) and total costs ($9,056 vs $12,544, 95% CI: $636.6-$6337.7). LRPE patients with short LOS had better net clinical outcomes at lower costs than matched LRPE patients with long LOS...
- Edwards A, Hammond H, Jin L, Caskey C, Chakraborty R. Genetic variation at five trimeric and tetrameric tandem repeat loci in four human population groups. Genomics. 1992;12:241-53 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that trimeric and tetrameric STR loci are useful markers for the study of new mutations and genetic linkage analysis and for application to personal identification in the medical and forensic sciences. ..
- Tseng C, Sell S. Protracted Treponema pallidum-induced cutaneous chancres in rabbits infected with human T-cell leukemia virus type I. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 1991;7:323-31 pubmed..pallidum had developed lesions after rechallenge and thus expressed chancre immunity. These results demonstrate that rabbits with latent HTLV-I infections may have defective cell-mediated immunity...
- Farmer J, Gotto A. Antihyperlipidaemic agents. Drug interactions of clinical significance. Drug Saf. 1994;11:301-9 pubmed..The major interaction involving probucol is a possible additive effect with drugs or clinical conditions that alter the prolongation of the QTc interval, increasing the potential for polymorphic ventricular tachycardia. ..
- Darnay B, Singh S, Aggarwal B. The p80 TNF receptor-associated kinase (p80TRAK) associates with residues 354-397 of the p80 cytoplasmic domain: similarity to casein kinase. FEBS Lett. 1997;406:101-5 pubmed..Thus, our results indicate that p80TRAK associates with a short stretch of approximately 44 residues located in the cytoplasmic domain of the p80 TNF receptor and that this kinase is similar to CK1. ..
- Helmrath M, Dorfman S, Minifee P, Bloss R, Brandt M, DeBakey M. Right lower quadrant pain in children caused by omental infarction. Am J Surg. 2001;182:729-32 pubmed..Ultrasonography and computed tomography can be diagnostic. Surgical resection of the infarcted omentum results in immediate resolution of pain with no morbidity. ..
- Ding Z, Liang J, Lu Y, Yu Q, Songyang Z, Lin S, et al. A retrovirus-based protein complementation assay screen reveals functional AKT1-binding partners. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:15014-9 pubmed..Thus, ACTN4 is a critical regulator of AKT1 localization and function. ..
- Kumar M, Jayaram H, Vasquez Del Carpio R, Jiang X, Taraporewala Z, Jacobson R, et al. Crystallographic and biochemical analysis of rotavirus NSP2 with nucleotides reveals a nucleoside diphosphate kinase-like activity. J Virol. 2007;81:12272-84 pubmed..The newly observed phosphoryl-transfer activity of NSP2 may be utilized for homeostasis of nucleotide pools in viroplasms during genome replication. ..
- Danes C, Wyszomierski S, Lu J, Neal C, Yang W, Yu D. 14-3-3 zeta down-regulates p53 in mammary epithelial cells and confers luminal filling. Cancer Res. 2008;68:1760-7 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that 14-3-3 zeta overexpression is a critical event in early breast disease, and down-regulation of p53 is one of the mechanisms by which 14-3-3 zeta alters MEC acini structure and increases the risk of breast cancer. ..
- Tam C, Nussenzveig R, Popat U, Bueso Ramos C, Thomas D, Cortes J, et al. The natural history and treatment outcome of blast phase BCR-ABL- myeloproliferative neoplasms. Blood. 2008;112:1628-37 pubmed publisher..Myeloproliferative neoplasm blast phase is associated with a dismal prognosis. Responses to chemotherapy can be achieved but are not durable. Long-term survivors had all received SCT either as first therapy or in first remission. ..
- Yang H, Gu J, Wang K, Zhang W, Xing J, Chen Z, et al. MicroRNA expression signatures in Barrett's esophagus and esophageal adenocarcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:5744-52 pubmed publisher..Although microRNA (miRNA) expression signatures have been associated with the etiology and prognosis of several types of cancers, their roles in the development of esophageal adenocarcinoma have not been extensively evaluated...
- Du X, Xia R, Burau K, Liu C. Cardiac risk associated with the receipt of anthracycline and trastuzumab in a large nationwide cohort of older women with breast cancer, 1998-2005. Med Oncol. 2011;28 Suppl 1:S80-90 pubmed publisher..Carefully monitoring cardiac functions in patients receiving anthracycline and trastuzumab is warranted. ..
- Downs Kelly E, Bell D, Perkins G, Sneige N, Middleton L. Clinical implications of margin involvement by pleomorphic lobular carcinoma in situ. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2011;135:737-43 pubmed publisher..Therefore, known methods of local control, including surgical excision with negative margins (2 mm), may be the appropriate treatment in these patients. ..
- Xia X, Cui J, Wang H, Zhu L, Matsueda S, Wang Q, et al. NLRX1 negatively regulates TLR-induced NF-?B signaling by targeting TRAF6 and IKK. Immunity. 2011;34:843-53 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies a previously unrecognized role for NLRX1 in the negative regulation of TLR-induced NF-?B activation by dynamically interacting with TRAF6 and the IKK complex. ..
- Large M, DeMayo F. The regulation of embryo implantation and endometrial decidualization by progesterone receptor signaling. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;358:155-65 pubmed publisher..Understanding these molecules and their concatenation is of vital importance to our ability to clinically treat reproductive health problems like infertility and endometriosis. ..
- Rim Y, McPherson D, Chandran K, Kim H. The effect of patient-specific annular motion on dynamic simulation of mitral valve function. J Biomech. 2013;46:1104-12 pubmed publisher..This strategy has the potential to better quantitate the extent of pathologic MV and better evaluate functional restoration following MV repair. ..
- Xu L, Lee M, Jeyabalan A, Roberts J. The relationship of hypovitaminosis D and IL-6 in preeclampsia. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014;210:149.e1-7 pubmed publisher..We found no evidence to support the hypothesis that vitamin D deficiency alters the pathogenesis of preeclampsia by activation of inflammation as assessed by IL-6 concentration. ..
- Naves L, Daly A, Dias L, Yuan B, Zakir J, Barra G, et al. Aggressive tumor growth and clinical evolution in a patient with X-linked acro-gigantism syndrome. Endocrine. 2016;51:236-44 pubmed publisher..This case illustrates the aggressive nature of tumor evolution and the challenging clinical management in X-LAG syndrome. ..
- Trial J, Entman M, Cieslik K. Mesenchymal stem cell-derived inflammatory fibroblasts mediate interstitial fibrosis in the aging heart. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2016;91:28-34 pubmed publisher..This article is a part of a Special Issue entitled "Fibrosis and Myocardial Remodeling". ..
- Ottaviani G, Segura A, Rajapreyar I, Zhao B, Radovancevic R, Loyalka P, et al. Left ventricular noncompaction cardiomyopathy in end-stage heart failure patients undergoing orthotopic heart transplantation. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2016;25:293-299 pubmed publisher..Further studies in larger series, correlating the anatomoclinical and genetic variables, also would improve our understanding of LVNC as a cause of advanced HF leading to OHT. ..
- Sanchez Y, Elledge S. Stopped for repairs. Bioessays. 1995;17:545-8 pubmed..Antisense experiments have also indicated an in vivo role for the GADD45 gene in UV-irradiation survival. These discoveries establish a link between p53 and DNA repair through Gadd45. ..
- Tsimberidou A, Camacho L, Verstovsek S, Ng C, Hong D, Uehara C, et al. A phase I clinical trial of darinaparsin in patients with refractory solid tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:4769-76 pubmed publisher..The recommended dose for phase II trials is 300 mg/m(2) i.v. given daily for 5 days every 4 weeks. ..
- Liu H, Golebiewski L, Dow E, Krug R, Javier R, Rice A. The ESEV PDZ-binding motif of the avian influenza A virus NS1 protein protects infected cells from apoptosis by directly targeting Scribble. J Virol. 2010;84:11164-74 pubmed publisher..This study shows that one function of the avian ESEV PBM is to reduce apoptosis during infection through disruption of Scribble's proapoptotic function. ..
- Zhang W, Peng G, Lin S, Zhang P. DNA damage response is suppressed by the high cyclin-dependent kinase 1 activity in mitotic mammalian cells. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:35899-905 pubmed publisher..Further, the activation of CDK5 in interphase cells impedes the formation of 53BP1 IRIF. Together, these results suggest that the DDR is suppressed by the high CDK1 activity in mitotic mammalian cells. ..
- Sarkar S, Bristow C, Dey P, Rai K, Perets R, Ramirez Cardenas A, et al. PRKCI promotes immune suppression in ovarian cancer. Genes Dev. 2017;31:1109-1121 pubmed publisher..The PRKCI-YAP1 regulation of the tumor immunity provides a therapeutic strategy for highly lethal ovarian cancer. ..
- Kumar R, Wang R, Bagheri Yarmand R. Emerging roles of MTA family members in human cancers. Semin Oncol. 2003;30:30-7 pubmed..This article reviews the current status of MTA biochemistry and its implications for tumor biology. ..
- Moore L, Lu X, Ghebranious N, Tyner S, Donehower L. Aging-associated truncated form of p53 interacts with wild-type p53 and alters p53 stability, localization, and activity. Mech Ageing Dev. 2007;128:717-30 pubmed..These results suggest molecular mechanisms by which the M protein could influence the aging and cancer resistance phenotypes in the p53+/m mouse. ..
- Sibai T, Ben Galim P, Eicher S, Reitman C. Infectious Collet-Sicard syndrome in the differential diagnosis of cerebrovascular accident: a case of head-to-neck dissociation with skull-based osteomyelitis. Spine J. 2009;9:e6-e10 pubmed publisher..Early recognition and treatment should result in successful recovery, but even in cases of delayed detection, suitable intervention can result in substantial clinical improvement. ..
- Gopaldas R, Atluri P, Blaustein A, Bakaeen F, Huh J, Chu D. Papillary fibroelastoma of the aortic valve: operative approaches upon incidental discovery. Tex Heart Inst J. 2009;36:160-3 pubmed..We discuss the pathophysiology of fibroelastomas of the aortic valve and operative approaches to the management of these tumors when they are discovered incidentally. ..
- Li M, Chen W, Harmancey R, Nuotio Antar A, Imamura M, Saha P, et al. Glucose-6-phosphate mediates activation of the carbohydrate responsive binding protein (ChREBP). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;395:395-400 pubmed publisher..In addition, over-expression of phosphofructokinase (PFK) 1 and 2, synergistically diminishes the glucose response of GAL4-ChREBP. These multiple lines of evidence support the conclusion that G-6-P mediates the activation of ChREBP. ..
- Li H, Danis R, Hubbard L, Florez Arango J, Esquivel A, Krupinski E. Comparability of digital photography with the ETDRS film protocol for evaluation of diabetic retinopathy severity. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:4717-25 pubmed publisher..Translating film characteristics (resolution, color/contrast) and protocol (magnification, retinal regions) to digital equivalents and augmentation of full color with green-channel viewing most likely contributed to the results. ..
- Wang J, Gong Z, Chen J. MDC1 collaborates with TopBP1 in DNA replication checkpoint control. J Cell Biol. 2011;193:267-73 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that MDC1 facilitates several important steps in both cellular DNA damage response and the DNA replication checkpoint. ..
- Blinder J, Martinez H, Craigen W, Belmont J, Pignatelli R, Jefferies J. Noncompaction of the left ventricular myocardium in a boy with a novel chromosome 8p23.1 deletion. Am J Med Genet A. 2011;155A:2215-20 pubmed publisher..1 containing GATA4. LVNC has not been reported previously in association with this chromosome deletion. Further investigation into the role of GATA4 in patients with LVNC is warranted. ..
- Hasan K, Walimuni I, Abid H, Frye R, Ewing Cobbs L, Wolinsky J, et al. Multimodal quantitative magnetic resonance imaging of thalamic development and aging across the human lifespan: implications to neurodegeneration in multiple sclerosis. J Neurosci. 2011;31:16826-32 pubmed publisher..2-69.1 years) and MS patients (N = 109, age range = 20.8-68.5 years) to demonstrate early age- and lesion-independent thalamic neurodegeneration. ..
- Ater J, Zhou T, Holmes E, Mazewski C, Booth T, Freyer D, et al. Randomized study of two chemotherapy regimens for treatment of low-grade glioma in young children: a report from the Children's Oncology Group. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30:2641-7 pubmed publisher..The 5-year EFS was higher for TPCV on the basis of the cure model analysis. Differences in toxicity may influence physician choice of regimens. ..
- Wadhwa R, Taketa T, Sudo K, Blum M, Ajani J. Modern oncological approaches to gastric adenocarcinoma. Gastroenterol Clin North Am. 2013;42:359-69 pubmed publisher..Therefore, a multimodality approach is highly recommended for all patients with LGC. This article highlights some of the therapeutic advances made against GC and features important ongoing trials. ..
- Kim S, Wang D, Park Y, Katoh H, Margalit O, Sheffer M, et al. HIG2 promotes colorectal cancer progression via hypoxia-dependent and independent pathways. Cancer Lett. 2013;341:159-65 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings suggest that HIG2 plays an important role in promoting colorectal cancer growth in hypoxia-dependent and independent manners. ..
- Green B, Anderson M, Chubak J, Baldwin L, Tuzzio L, Catz S, et al. Colorectal Cancer Screening Rates Increased after Exposure to the Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). J Am Board Fam Med. 2016;29:191-200 pubmed publisher..01). Exposure to a PCMH was associated with higher CRCS rates. Automated mailed and centrally delivered stepped interventions increased CRCS rates, even in the presence of a PCMH. ..
- Marsh Tootle W, Harb E, Hou W, Zhang Q, Anderson H, Weise K, et al. Optic Nerve Tilt, Crescent, Ovality, and Torsion in a Multi-Ethnic Cohort of Young Adults With and Without Myopia. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:3158-3171 pubmed publisher..The data clarify the influence of ethnicity and myopia on ONH characteristics in young adults and may inform future studies of biomechanical properties or of retinal pathology of the myopic eye. ..
- Interiano B, Guntupalli K. Metered-dose inhalers. Do health care providers know what to teach?. Arch Intern Med. 1993;153:81-5 pubmed..Furthermore, this study supports the use of respiratory care practitioners in the outpatient setting, since they were the most proficient among all the health care providers in the proper use of metered-dose inhalers. ..
- Lee L, Hook M, Haviland D, Wetsel R, Yonter E, Syribeys P, et al. Inhibition of complement activation by a secreted Staphylococcus aureus protein. J Infect Dis. 2004;190:571-9 pubmed..These data suggest that Efb is a virulence factor involved in facilitating persistent S. aureus infections by interfering with complement activity in vivo. ..
- Youssef E, Issa J, Lotan R. Regulation of RARbeta1 expression in head and neck cancer cells by cell density-dependent chromatin remodeling. Cancer Biol Ther. 2004;3:1002-6 pubmed..These findings reveal that the expression of RARbeta1 is regulated by cell density through changes in histone acetylation. ..
- Eifel P, Moughan J, Erickson B, Iarocci T, Grant D, Owen J. Patterns of radiotherapy practice for patients with carcinoma of the uterine cervix: a patterns of care study. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2004;60:1144-53 pubmed