Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Dallas, Texas, United States
Locale: Dallas, Texas, United States
Publications798 found, 100 shown here
- Wu F, Gordon E, Hoffman E, Cannon S. A C-terminal skeletal muscle sodium channel mutation associated with myotonia disrupts fast inactivation. J Physiol. 2005;565:371-80 pubmed
- Brautigam C, Chuang J, Tomchick D, Machius M, Chuang D. Crystal structure of human dihydrolipoamide dehydrogenase: NAD+/NADH binding and the structural basis of disease-causing mutations. J Mol Biol. 2005;350:543-52 pubmed..The mechanisms by which these mutations impede the function of hE3 are discussed. ..
- Chen Z, Cobb M. Activation of MEKK1 by Rho GTPases. Methods Enzymol. 2006;406:468-78 pubmed..We also briefly explain the methods and conditions we use to identify the interaction between MEKK1 and RhoA in yeast and in mammalian cells. ..
- Franken P, Dudley C, Estill S, Barakat M, Thomason R, O Hara B, et al. NPAS2 as a transcriptional regulator of non-rapid eye movement sleep: genotype and sex interactions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:7118-23 pubmed..In contrast, the rebound in NREMS time after SD was compromised only in npas2-/- males. We conclude that NPAS2 plays a role in sleep homeostasis, most likely at the level of the thalamus and cortex, where NPAS2 is abundantly expressed. ..
- Li J, Machius M, Chuang J, Wynn R, Chuang D. The two active sites in human branched-chain alpha-keto acid dehydrogenase operate independently without an obligatory alternating-site mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:11904-13 pubmed..The above results provide evidence that the two active sites in the E1b heterotetramer operate independently during the ThDP-dependent decarboxylation reaction. ..
- Son M, Leary S, Romain N, Pierrel F, Winge D, Haller R, et al. Isolated cytochrome c oxidase deficiency in G93A SOD1 mice overexpressing CCS protein. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:12267-75 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results establish that CCS/G93A SOD1 mice manifest an isolated complex IV deficiency which may underlie a substantial part of mutant SOD1-induced mitochondrial cytopathy. ..
- Yajima H, Lee K, Zhang S, Kobayashi J, Chen B. DNA double-strand break formation upon UV-induced replication stress activates ATM and DNA-PKcs kinases. J Mol Biol. 2009;385:800-10 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the late increase of ATM activity is needed to complement the decreasing ATR activity for maintaining a vigilant checkpoint regulation upon replication stress. ..
- Engle W, Lai S, Ahmad N, Manning M, Jackson G. An hour-specific nomogram for transcutaneous bilirubin values in term and late preterm Hispanic neonates. Am J Perinatol. 2009;26:425-30 pubmed publisher..Compared with the previous study, this report indicates that although differences were relatively small, significantly higher TcB values were observed in the Hispanic population. ..
- Warden D, Rush A, Wisniewski S, Lesser I, Thase M, Balasubramani G, et al. Income and attrition in the treatment of depression: a STAR*D report. Depress Anxiety. 2009;26:622-33 pubmed publisher..Efforts to retain patients in antidepressant treatment should focus especially on less educated patients with lower household incomes and younger patients. ..
- Ivleva E, Morris D, Moates A, Suppes T, Thaker G, Tamminga C. Genetics and intermediate phenotypes of the schizophrenia--bipolar disorder boundary. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2010;34:897-921 pubmed publisher..Overlapping and unique genetic and intermediate phenotypic signatures of the two psychoses are comprehensively recapitulated. Alternative strategies which may be implicated into genetic research are discussed. ..
- Wu T, Fu Y, Brekken D, Yan M, Zhou X, Vanarsa K, et al. Urine proteome scans uncover total urinary protease, prostaglandin D synthase, serum amyloid P, and superoxide dismutase as potential markers of lupus nephritis. J Immunol. 2010;184:2183-93 pubmed publisher..These findings could have important diagnostic and prognostic ramifications in the management of these renal diatheses. ..
- Jia D, Gomez T, Metlagel Z, Umetani J, Otwinowski Z, Rosen M, et al. WASH and WAVE actin regulators of the Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (WASP) family are controlled by analogous structurally related complexes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:10442-7 pubmed publisher..Strumpellin is mutated in the human disease hereditary spastic paraplegia, and its link to WASH suggests that misregulation of actin dynamics on endosomes may play a role in this disorder. ..
- Mao X, Gluck N, Chen B, Starokadomskyy P, Li H, Maine G, et al. COMMD1 (copper metabolism MURR1 domain-containing protein 1) regulates Cullin RING ligases by preventing CAND1 (Cullin-associated Nedd8-dissociated protein 1) binding. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:32355-65 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight a novel mechanism of CRL activation and suggest that CRL regulation may underlie the pleiotropic activities of COMMD1. ..
- Copling J. Using recruitment agreements effectively. J Med Pract Manage. 2011;27:87-9 pubmed..Additionally, a practice group should avoid allowing the hospital to include an excess receipts clause in the agreement, as these clauses punish top performers. ..
- Greer L, Ziadie M, Casey B, Rogers B, McIntire D, Leveno K. An immunologic basis for placental insufficiency in fetal growth restriction. Am J Perinatol. 2012;29:533-8 pubmed publisher..These findings support an immunologic basis for fetal growth restriction. ..
- Nielsen J, Law R, Fiman K, Roberts C. Esophageal lichen planus: a case report and review of the literature. World J Gastroenterol. 2013;19:2278-81 pubmed publisher..By using clinical, endoscopic, and histologic data, a broad list of differential diagnoses can be narrowed, and the accurate diagnosis of ELP can be made, which is essential for proper treatment and subsequent follow-up. ..
- Chen X, Stewart E, Shelat A, Qu C, Bahrami A, Hatley M, et al. Targeting oxidative stress in embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma. Cancer Cell. 2013;24:710-24 pubmed publisher..High-throughput screening of primary cultures derived from those xenografts identified oxidative stress as a pathway of therapeutic relevance for ERMS. ..
- Sheikh M, Hulme M. Attributes of Candidates Passing the ABS Certifying Examination on the First Attempt-Program Directors×³ Perspective. J Surg Educ. 2016;73:238-44 pubmed publisher..Postgraduate years 4 and 5 are the most likely resident levels at which failure could be predicted. ..
- Zhou J, Yun E, Chen W, Ding Y, Wu K, Wang B, et al. Targeting 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 associated with drug-resistant renal cell carcinoma using new oridonin analogs. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2701 pubmed publisher..This offers a new rational therapeutic regimen of CYD-6-17 to drug-resistant RCC based on its novel mechanism of action. ..
- Rohrich R, Krueger J, Adams W, Marple B. Rationale for submucous resection of hypertrophied inferior turbinates in rhinoplasty: an evolution. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2001;108:536-44; discussion 545-6 pubmed..Over the past 14 years, the senior author (R.J.R.) has performed inferior turbinates surgery on 648 patients as part of a rhinoplasty...
- Poor M, Hall J, Poor A. Reduction in the incidence of alveolar osteitis in patients treated with the SaliCept patch, containing Acemannan hydrogel. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2002;60:374-9; discussion 379 pubmed..6% compared with 1.1% in the SaliCept-treated group (P <.0001). The study results suggest that the SaliCept Patch significantly reduces the incidence of AO compared with clindamycin-soaked Gelfoam. ..
- Roehrborn C, Marks L, Fenter T, Freedman S, Tuttle J, Gittleman M, et al. Efficacy and safety of dutasteride in the four-year treatment of men with benign prostatic hyperplasia. Urology. 2004;63:709-15 pubmed..Near-complete, long-term suppression of dihydrotestosterone (93% at 48 months) with dutasteride did not lead to an increase in adverse events compared with that reported in the 2-year period. ..
- Lee J, Ye J. Proteolytic activation of sterol regulatory element-binding protein induced by cellular stress through depletion of Insig-1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:45257-65 pubmed..The current study demonstrates that animal cells, in response to either hypotonic shock or ER stress, can bypass the cholesterol inhibition of SREBP processing, an effect that is attributable to the rapid turnover of Insig-1. ..
- Yu L, Gupta S, Xu F, Liverman A, Moschetta A, Mangelsdorf D, et al. Expression of ABCG5 and ABCG8 is required for regulation of biliary cholesterol secretion. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:8742-7 pubmed..Thus G5 and G8 are required to modulate biliary cholesterol secretion in response to cholate and diosgenin, but the choleretic effects of these two steroids are mediated by different mechanisms requiring FXR and PXR, respectively...
- Abramovits W, Perlmutter A. MimyX cream. Skinmed. 2006;5:29-30 pubmed
- Harmon R, Cerruto C, Scheckner A. Littoral cell angioma: a case report and review. Curr Surg. 2006;63:345-50 pubmed
- He G, Wang H, Huang S, Huang C. Intersectin links WNK kinases to endocytosis of ROMK1. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:1078-87 pubmed..Disease-causing WNK4 mutations enhanced interactions of WNK4 with ITSN and ROMK1, leading to increased endocytosis of ROMK1. These results provide a molecular mechanism for stimulation of endocytosis of ROMK1 by WNK kinases. ..
- Das A, Chen B, Story M, Sato M, Minna J, Chen D, et al. Somatic mutations in the tyrosine kinase domain of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) abrogate EGFR-mediated radioprotection in non-small cell lung carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2007;67:5267-74 pubmed
- Meuret A, Wilhelm F, Ritz T, Roth W. Feedback of end-tidal pCO2 as a therapeutic approach for panic disorder. J Psychiatr Res. 2008;42:560-8 pubmed..Replication and extension will be needed to verify this new treatment's efficacy and determine its mechanisms. ..
- Lucas S, Svatek R, Olgin G, Arriaga Y, Kabbani W, Sagalowsky A, et al. Conservative management in selected patients with upper tract urothelial carcinoma compares favourably with early radical surgery. BJU Int. 2008;102:172-6 pubmed publisher..6 (18.6)% vs 75.0 (8.1)% (P = 0.528). Management with a conservative approach in selected patients provides comparable outcomes to immediate NU in patients with low-grade disease. ..
- Hatanpaa K, Bigio E, Cairns N, Womack K, Weintraub S, Morris J, et al. TAR DNA-binding protein 43 immunohistochemistry reveals extensive neuritic pathology in FTLD-U: a midwest-southwest consortium for FTLD study. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2008;67:271-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, assessment of abnormalities in both the hippocampus and frontal cortex may be diagnostically important in FTLD-U. ..
- Flores G, Torres S, Holmes L, Salas Lopez D, Youdelman M, Tomany Korman S. Access to hospital interpreter services for limited English proficient patients in New Jersey: a statewide evaluation. J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2008;19:391-415 pubmed publisher..Most NJ hospitals stated third-party reimbursement for interpreter services would be beneficial. ..
- Stewart W, Kruft B, Nelson L, Stewart J. Ophthalmologist attitudes regarding fixed combination treatment for glaucoma in the European Union. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2009;19:588-93 pubmed..To survey ophthalmologists in the European Union to determine their fixed combination (FC) preferences...
- Theiss A, Sitaraman S. The role and therapeutic potential of prohibitin in disease. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1813:1137-43 pubmed publisher..These diseases are associated with increased oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunction and therefore, the role of PHB1 in both responses will also be discussed. ..
- Laidley A, Whitacre E, Snider H, Willey S. Meeting the challenge--a surgeon-centered quality program: The American Society of Breast Surgeons Mastery of Breast Surgery Pilot Program. Bull Am Coll Surg. 2010;95:23-30 pubmed
- Gautron L, Elmquist J. Sixteen years and counting: an update on leptin in energy balance. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:2087-93 pubmed publisher..Here, we provide an update on the most current understanding of leptin-sensitive neural pathways in terms of both anatomical organization and physiological roles. ..
- Liu Y, Tan H, Tian H, Liang C, Chen S, Liu Q. Autoantigen La promotes efficient RNAi, antiviral response, and transposon silencing by facilitating multiple-turnover RISC catalysis. Mol Cell. 2011;44:502-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the findings of C3PO and La reveal a general concept that regulatory factors are required to remove Ago2-cleaved products to assemble or restore active RISC. ..
- Mulligan E, Devanna R, Huang M, Middleton E, Khazzam M. Factors that impact rehabilitation strategies after rotator cuff repair. Phys Sportsmed. 2012;40:102-14 pubmed publisher..This article examines both intrinsic and extrinsic patient factors to help therapists develop customized rehabilitation programs that optimize surgical outcomes...
- Davidson J. The placement of DPP-4 inhibitors in clinical practice recommendations for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Endocr Pract. 2013;19:1050-61 pubmed publisher..However, direct cost may be a determining factor in the choice of therapy. ..
- Zhang L, Zhao D. Liposomal encapsulation enhances in vivo near infrared imaging of exposed phosphatidylserine in a mouse glioma model. Molecules. 2013;18:14613-28 pubmed publisher..Our data further suggest the usefulness of PS-targeted imaging probes for sensitive tumor detection and the potential of utilizing liposomal platform for glioma theranostics. ..
- Freedman S, Rodean J, Hall M, Alpern E, Aronson P, Simon H, et al. Delayed Diagnoses in Children with Constipation: Multicenter Retrospective Cohort Study. J Pediatr. 2017;186:87-94.e16 pubmed publisher..52). Among children diagnosed with constipation, abdominal radiograph performance is associated with an increased risk of a revisit with a clinically important alternate related diagnosis. ..
- Chari A, Suvannasankha A, Fay J, Arnulf B, Kaufman J, Ifthikharuddin J, et al. Daratumumab plus pomalidomide and dexamethasone in relapsed and/or refractory multiple myeloma. Blood. 2017;130:974-981 pubmed publisher..Deep, durable responses were observed in heavily treated patients. The study was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT01998971...
- ..A clinical approach to eosinophilic lung disease based on symptoms and radiography is generated. The clinical significance of persistent eosinophilia in lung transplant patients and patients with asthma will receive special emphasis. ..
- Wang L, Rothberg K, Anderson R. Mis-assembly of clathrin lattices on endosomes reveals a regulatory switch for coated pit formation. J Cell Biol. 1993;123:1107-17 pubmed..These effects suggest that CADs reverse an on/off switch that controls AP-2 binding to membranes. We conclude that cells have a mechanism for switching on and off AP-2 binding during the endocytic cycle. ..
- Cheng J, Cobb M, Baer R. Phosphorylation of the TAL1 oncoprotein by the extracellular-signal-regulated protein kinase ERK1. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:801-8 pubmed..Therefore, S122 phosphorylation may provide a mechanism whereby the properties of TAL1 polypeptides can be modulated by extracellular stimuli. ..
- Uauy R, Mena P, Rojas C. Essential fatty acids in early life: structural and functional role. Proc Nutr Soc. 2000;59:3-15 pubmed..Recent clinical trials convincingly support LCPUFA supplementation of preterm infant formulations and possibly term formula to mimic human milk composition. ..
- Ellis E, McFadden D, Simon P, Throckmorton G. Surgical complications with open treatment of mandibular condylar process fractures. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2000;58:950-8 pubmed..The scars were judged either wide or hypertrophic in 7.5% of cases. Based on this study, surgical complications of open treatment of condylar process fractures that lead to permanent dysfunction or deformity are uncommon. ..
- Steinig T, Regan J, Gutmann J. The use and predictable placement of Mineral Trioxide Aggregate in one-visit apexification cases. Aust Endod J. 2003;29:34-42 pubmed..Furthermore, the potential for fractures of immature teeth with thin roots is reduced, as a bonded core can be placed immediately within the root canal. ..
- Evans C, Larson M, Eichhorn P, Taylor R. Traumatic pseudoaneurysm of the superficial temporal artery: two cases and review of the literature. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2003;49:S286-8 pubmed..To date, there have been 7 cases reported in the dermatologic literature. We report 2 additional cases of traumatic superficial temporal artery pseudoaneurysm and review the dermatologic literature. ..
- Pontius A, Ducic Y. Metastatic neuroendocrine tumors of the parotid gland. Am J Otolaryngol. 2004;25:129-33 pubmed..To present 2 cases of neuroendocrine tumors of the parotid gland and to review the clinical presentation, histopathologic, and immunohistochemical findings and treatment of these rare tumors...
- McCollum D, Greene J, McGuire D. Severe sinus bradycardia after initiation of bupropion therapy: a probable drug-drug interaction with metoprolol. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2004;18:329-30 pubmed..One of these is its inhibition of the metabolism of the commonly used beta-blocker, metoprolol. The authors describe a case of severe bradycardia related to the addition of bupropion to the medical regimen of a patient on metoprolol. ..
- Kathiriya I, King I, Murakami M, Nakagawa M, Astle J, Gardner K, et al. Hairy-related transcription factors inhibit GATA-dependent cardiac gene expression through a signal-responsive mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:54937-43 pubmed..These results suggest that HRT proteins may regulate specific sets of cardiac genes by modulating the function of GATA proteins and other cardiac transcriptional activators in a signal-dependent manner. ..
- Berthelot C, George S, Hsu S. Distal lower extremity paresthesia and foot drop developing during adalimumab therapy. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2005;53:S260-2 pubmed..We describe the onset of lower extremity paresthesia and foot drop in a patient who was receiving adalimumab for the treatment of psoriasis and examine the relationship of tumor necrosis factor antagonism and demyelinating disease...
- Fu V, Birch E, Holmes J. Assessment of a new Distance Randot stereoacuity test. J AAPOS. 2006;10:419-23 pubmed..However, further studies are needed to define the efficacy of the Distance Randot test in monitoring progression specific conditions such as intermittent exotropia, where it may prove useful as a guide to the timing of intervention. ..
- Fleischmann R, Iqbal I. Risk: benefit profile of etanercept in elderly patients with rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis or psoriatic arthritis. Drugs Aging. 2007;24:239-54 pubmed..Only by understanding the risks and benefits of therapy in the older age group can a true risk : benefit profile for etanercept, and ultimately other anti-TNFalpha therapies, be determined by the practising physician and the patient. ..
- ..The known causes and associations of liver tumors in children as well as the approaches to diagnosis and treatment of children are discussed in this review article...
- Brautigam C, Wynn R, Chuang J, Chuang D. Subunit and catalytic component stoichiometries of an in vitro reconstituted human pyruvate dehydrogenase complex. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:13086-98 pubmed publisher..Prior, A. E., Brown, A. E., Cooper, A., Byron, O., and Lindsay, J. G. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281, 19772-19780). ..
- Shetty S, Kusminski C, Scherer P. Adiponectin in health and disease: evaluation of adiponectin-targeted drug development strategies. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2009;30:234-9 pubmed publisher..However, the high abundance, complex tertiary and quaternary structure and rapid turnover might make chronic administration of the protein rather challenging. ..
- Du L, Schageman J, SUBAUSTE M, Saber B, Hammond S, Prudkin L, et al. miR-93, miR-98, and miR-197 regulate expression of tumor suppressor gene FUS1. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:1234-43 pubmed publisher..Finally, we found that elevated miR-93 and miR-197 expression is correlated with reduced Fus1 expression in NSCLC tumor specimens. These results suggest that the three miRNAs are negative regulators of Fus1 expression in lung cancers. ..
- Stewart W, Kristoffersen C, Demos C, Fsadni M, Stewart J. Incidence of conjunctival exposure following drainage device implantation in patients with glaucoma. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2010;20:124-30 pubmed..To evaluate prior studies including a glaucoma drainage device and to describe the timing and incidence of conjunctival exposure. A meta-analysis of previously published articles...
- Davis S, Hynan L, Limbers C, Andersen C, Greene M, Varni J, et al. The PedsQL in pediatric patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy: feasibility, reliability, and validity of the Pediatric Quality of Life Inventory Neuromuscular Module and Generic Core Scales. J Clin Neuromuscul Dis. 2010;11:97-109 pubmed publisher..0 Neuromuscular Module (NMM) in assessing health-related quality of life in the Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) population for use as a secondary outcome measure in phase III clinical trials...
- Cheng T, Sudderth J, Yang C, Mullen A, Jin E, Matés J, et al. Pyruvate carboxylase is required for glutamine-independent growth of tumor cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:8674-9 pubmed publisher..Induction of PC during chronic suppression of glutamine metabolism may prove to be a mechanism of resistance to therapies targeting glutaminolysis. ..
- Casabé A, Roehrborn C, Da Pozzo L, Zepeda S, Henderson R, Sorsaburu S, et al. Efficacy and safety of the coadministration of tadalafil once daily with finasteride for 6 months in men with lower urinary tract symptoms and prostatic enlargement secondary to benign prostatic hyperplasia. J Urol. 2014;191:727-33 pubmed publisher..We assessed the effects of tadalafil 5 mg coadministered with finasteride 5 mg during 26 weeks on lower urinary tract symptoms and sexual symptoms...
- Salomon D, Guo Y, Kinch L, Grishin N, Gardner K, Orth K. Effectors of animal and plant pathogens use a common domain to bind host phosphoinositides. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2973 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings suggest a possible mechanism for promoting refolding of Type III effectors after delivery into host cells. ..
- Rohani M, PILCHER B, Chen P, Parks W. Cdc42 inhibits ERK-mediated collagenase-1 (MMP-1) expression in collagen-activated human keratinocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:1230-1237 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data indicate that injured keratinocytes induce MMP-1 expression through ERK activation, and this process is negatively regulated by Cdc42 activity. ..
- Williams M, Kodali S, Hahn R, Humphries K, Nkomo V, Cohen D, et al. Sex-related differences in outcomes after transcatheter or surgical aortic valve replacement in patients with severe aortic stenosis: Insights from the PARTNER Trial (Placement of Aortic Transcatheter Valve). J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;63:1522-8 pubmed publisher..This study sought to examine sex-specific differences in outcomes after surgical aortic valve replacement (SAVR) or transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) in high-risk patients with severe aortic stenosis...
- Mogami H, Keller P, Shi H, Word R. Effect of thrombin on human amnion mesenchymal cells, mouse fetal membranes, and preterm birth. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:13295-307 pubmed publisher..Mmp8, Mmp9, and Mmp13, and PGE2 content was increased significantly in fetal membranes from thrombin-injected animals. These results indicate that thrombin acts through multiple mechanisms to activate MMPs and PGE2 synthesis in amnion. ..
- Meda S, RuaÃ±o G, Windemuth A, O Neil K, Berwise C, Dunn S, et al. Multivariate analysis reveals genetic associations of the resting default mode network in psychotic bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E2066-75 pubmed publisher..The study thus identifies biological pathways related to a widely researched quantitative trait that might suggest novel, targeted drug treatments for these diseases. ..
- Bian Y, Zhang Z, Sun Z, Zhao J, Zhu D, Wang Y, et al. Vaccines targeting preS1 domain overcome immune tolerance in hepatitis B virus carrier mice. Hepatology. 2017;66:1067-1082 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that preS1 can function as a therapeutic vaccine for the control of CHB. (Hepatology 2017;66:1067-1082). ..
- Kumar A, Jones L, Kollmeyer K, Feldtman R, Ferrara C, Moe M, et al. Radial artery access for peripheral endovascular procedures. J Vasc Surg. 2017;66:820-825 pubmed publisher..Radial artery access for peripheral endovascular procedures appears to be safe and effective and should be considered more often. Complication rates are lower than those reported for femoral artery access. ..
- Smolen J, Cohen S, Tony H, Scheinberg M, Kivitz A, Balanescu A, et al. A randomised, double-blind trial to demonstrate bioequivalence of GP2013 and reference rituximab combined with methotrexate in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2017;76:1598-1602 pubmed publisher..Three-way PK/PD equivalence of GP2013, RTX-EU and RTX-US was demonstrated. Efficacy, safety and immunogenicity profiles were similar between GP2013 and RTX. NCT01274182; Results. ..
- Andersson S, Russell D. Structural and biochemical properties of cloned and expressed human and rat steroid 5 alpha-reductases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:3640-4 pubmed..However, synthetic 4-azasteroids demonstrated marked differences in their abilities to inhibit the human and rat steroid 5 alpha-reductases. ..
- Dulubova I, Sugita S, Hill S, Hosaka M, Fernandez I, Sudhof T, et al. A conformational switch in syntaxin during exocytosis: role of munc18. EMBO J. 1999;18:4372-82 pubmed..Our data suggest a model whereby, during exocytosis, syntaxin undergoes a large conformational switch that mediates the transition between the syntaxin-munc18-1 complex and the core complex. ..
- Lewis D, Stevens M, Latimer J, Ward C, Deng K, Blick R, et al. Characterization of Haemophilus ducreyi cdtA, cdtB, and cdtC mutants in in vitro and in vivo systems. Infect Immun. 2001;69:5626-34 pubmed..Both the cdtA mutant and the cdtB mutant were found to be fully virulent in the temperature-dependent rabbit model for experimental chancroid...
- Harrod R, Nacsa J, Van Lint C, Hansen J, Karpova T, McNally J, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus type-1 Tat/co-activator acetyltransferase interactions inhibit p53Lys-320 acetylation and p53-responsive transcription. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:12310-8 pubmed..Our results allude to a mechanism whereby the human immunodeficiency virus type-1 trans-activator might impair tumor suppressor functions in immune/neuronal-derived cells, thus favoring the establishment of neoplasia during AIDS. ..
- Keeley E, Boura J, Grines C. Primary angioplasty versus intravenous thrombolytic therapy for acute myocardial infarction: a quantitative review of 23 randomised trials. Lancet. 2003;361:13-20 pubmed..Primary PTCA is more effective than thrombolytic therapy for the treatment of ST-segment elevation AMI. ..
- Livingston E, Rege R. A nationwide study of conversion from laparoscopic to open cholecystectomy. Am J Surg. 2004;188:205-11 pubmed..To determine the national incidence and risk factors for conversion from laparoscopic to open cholecystectomy...
- Wai C, Nihira M, Drewes P, Chang J, Siddiqui M, Hemsell D. Actinomyces associated with persistent vaginal granulation tissue. Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol. 2005;13:53-5 pubmed..We report a case of symptomatic actinomycosis associated with vaginal suture erosion and granulation tissue refractory to conservative management, in an outpatient setting...
- Makarla P, Saboorian M, Ashfaq R, Toyooka K, Toyooka S, Minna J, et al. Promoter hypermethylation profile of ovarian epithelial neoplasms. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:5365-9 pubmed..The profile of aberrant methylation suggests that an accumulation of events at specific genes may trigger malignant transformation of some benign cystadenomas and LMP tumors. ..
- Zhang D, Herring J, Swaney S, McClendon T, Gao X, Browne R, et al. Mutations responsible for Larsen syndrome cluster in the FLNB protein. J Med Genet. 2006;43:e24 pubmed..The study confirmed the extreme variability in clinical presentation and the presence of unaffected carriers. A molecular screen would be valuable for diagnosis and genetic counselling. ..
- Beers S, Abramo T, Bracken A, Wiebe R. Bilevel positive airway pressure in the treatment of status asthmaticus in pediatrics. Am J Emerg Med. 2007;25:6-9 pubmed..This intervention shows promise as a beneficial adjunct to conventional medical treatments. However, further prospective investigation is warranted to confirm these findings. ..
- Ghaemmaghami V, Sperry J, Gunst M, Friese R, Starr A, Frankel H, et al. Effects of early use of external pelvic compression on transfusion requirements and mortality in pelvic fractures. Am J Surg. 2007;194:720-3; discussion 723 pubmed..92), need for pelvic angioembolization (11% vs 15%, P = .35), or 24-hour transfusions (5.2 +/- 10 vs 4.6 +/- 9 U, P = .64). Early EMC with pelvic binders does not reduce hemorrhage or mortality associated with pelvic fractures. ..
- Stern J, Cadeddu J. Emerging use of nanoparticles for the therapeutic ablation of urologic malignancies. Urol Oncol. 2008;26:93-6 pubmed publisher..As such, investigators have established both in vitro and in vivo models to examine the role of GNS as a therapeutic modality for the thermal ablation of solid organ tumors. ..
- Kim H, Jiang X, Du F, Wang X. PHAPI, CAS, and Hsp70 promote apoptosome formation by preventing Apaf-1 aggregation and enhancing nucleotide exchange on Apaf-1. Mol Cell. 2008;30:239-47 pubmed publisher..These studies indicated that PHAPI, CAS, and Hsp70 play an important regulatory role during apoptosis. ..
- Bezprozvanny I. Calcium signaling and neurodegenerative diseases. Trends Mol Med. 2009;15:89-100 pubmed publisher..It is reasoned that Ca2+ blockers will be most beneficial clinically when used in combination with other disease-specific therapeutic approaches. ..
- Rao U, Hammen C, Poland R. Longitudinal course of adolescent depression: neuroendocrine and psychosocial predictors. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2010;49:141-51 pubmed..Psychosocial factors, independently or in combination with an underlying neurobiological vulnerability, also play an important role in determining the clinical course of depression. ..
- Nguyen J, Lakkis N, Bobek J, Goswami R, Dokainish H. Systolic and diastolic myocardial mechanics in patients with cardiac disease and preserved ejection fraction: impact of left ventricular filling pressure. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2010;23:1273-80 pubmed publisher..quot; The extent of systolic and diastolic abnormalities in these patients may shed light on the mechanics of heart failure with preserved LVEF. ..
- Wu Q, Chambliss K, Umetani M, Mineo C, Shaul P. Non-nuclear estrogen receptor signaling in the endothelium. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:14737-43 pubmed publisher..In this minireview, the features of ER? and protein-protein interactions that enable it to invoke extranuclear signaling in the endothelium and the consequences of that signaling are discussed...
- Fu Q, Vangundy T, Shibata S, Auchus R, Williams G, Levine B. Exercise training versus propranolol in the treatment of the postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. Hypertension. 2011;58:167-75 pubmed publisher..63; 39±7 versus 39±5, P=0.73). These results suggest that, for patients with POTS, exercise training is superior to propranolol at restoring upright hemodynamics, normalizing renal-adrenal responsiveness, and improving quality of life. ..
- Faddegon S, Tan Y, Olweny E, Park S, Best S, Cadeddu J. Laparoendoscopic single-site (LESS) pyeloplasty for horseshoe ureteropelvic junction obstruction. JSLS. 2012;16:151-4 pubmed publisher..In experienced hands, LESS reconstructive techniques are applicable to complex renal anomalies. LESS pyeloplasty for UPJ obstruction associated with horseshoe kidneys is feasible, safe, and effective in select patients. ..