Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in College Station, Texas, United States
Locale: College Station, Texas, United States
Publications427 found, 100 shown here
- Murali A, Li X, Ranjith Kumar C, Bhardwaj K, Holzenburg A, Li P, et al. Structure and function of LGP2, a DEX(D/H) helicase that regulates the innate immunity response. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:15825-33 pubmed publisher..LGP2 has striking structural similarity to the helicase domain of the superfamily 2 DNA helicase, Hef. ..
- Horrocks S, Anderson R, Nisbet D, Ricke S. Incidence and ecology of Campylobacter jejuni and coli in animals. Anaerobe. 2009;15:18-25 pubmed publisher..Such multiple hurdle approaches that simultaneously utilize pre- and post-harvest control techniques are expected to be the most effective approach for decreasing human illness associated with foodborne pathogens. ..
- Street R, Makoul G, Arora N, Epstein R. How does communication heal? Pathways linking clinician-patient communication to health outcomes. Patient Educ Couns. 2009;74:295-301 pubmed publisher..g., trust, mutual understanding, adherence, social support, self-efficacy) associated with improved health. ..
- Reddy D. Neurosteroids: endogenous role in the human brain and therapeutic potentials. Prog Brain Res. 2010;186:113-37 pubmed publisher..Neurosteroidogenic agents that lack benzodiazepine-like side effects show promise in the treatment of anxiety and depression. ..
- Blake J, Benden M, Wendel M. Using stand/sit workstations in classrooms: lessons learned from a pilot study in Texas. J Public Health Manag Pract. 2012;18:412-5 pubmed publisher..This article presents lessons learned from the pilot study that may prove useful for others implementing similar interventions and calls for additional research on the academic benefits of standing for students. ..
- Zhao B, Shu C, Gao X, Sankaran B, Du F, Shelton C, et al. Structural basis for concerted recruitment and activation of IRF-3 by innate immune adaptor proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E3403-12 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a concerted mechanism for the recruitment and activation of IRF-3 that can be subverted by viral proteins to evade innate immune responses. ..
- Threadgill D, Womack J. Mapping HSA 3 loci in cattle: additional support for the ancestral synteny of HSA 3 and 21. Genomics. 1991;11:1143-8 pubmed..FIM3, SI, and CP mapped to bovine syntenic group U10, while RAF1 and GPX1 mapped to U12. ..
- Schroeder F, Myers Payne S, Billheimer J, Wood W. Probing the ligand binding sites of fatty acid and sterol carrier proteins: effects of ethanol. Biochemistry. 1995;34:11919-27 pubmed..However, the ligand binding sites of L-FABP and SCP-2 differed dramatically in their dielectric properties and their sensitivity to ethanol. ..
- McCutchen S, Colon W, Kelly J. Transthyretin mutation Leu-55-Pro significantly alters tetramer stability and increases amyloidogenicity. Biochemistry. 1993;32:12119-27 pubmed..Congo red binding, polarized light microscopy, and electron microscopy confirm the characteristic structure of amyloid fibrils produced from Leu-55-Pro TTR in vitro.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Johnson L, Murano E. Lack of a cytolethal distending toxin among Arcobacter isolates from various sources. J Food Prot. 2002;65:1789-95 pubmed..Thus, Arcobacter was shown to produce an entity that was toxic to some cells in culture, but this entity was toxic in a manner different from that of Campylobacter CDT. ..
- Chiang H, Zhou H, Raudsepp T, Jesudhasan P, Zhu J. Chicken CD69 and CD94/NKG2-like genes in a chromosomal region syntenic to mammalian natural killer gene complex. Immunogenetics. 2007;59:603-11 pubmed..The chicken NK C-type lectin-like receptors in the NKC syntenic region indicate that this chromosomal region existed before the divergence between mammals and aves. ..
- Jayaprakasha G, Mandadi K, Poulose S, Jadegoud Y, Nagana Gowda G, Patil B. Inhibition of colon cancer cell growth and antioxidant activity of bioactive compounds from Poncirus trifoliata (L.) Raf. Bioorg Med Chem. 2007;15:4923-32 pubmed..This is the first report on HPCME isolation and identification from Rutaceae family and beta-sitosterol from P. trifoliata...
- Dees W, Srivastava V, Hiney J. Actions and interactions of alcohol and insulin-like growth factor-1 on female pubertal development. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2009;33:1847-56 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will describe the actions and interactions of ALC and IGF-1 on molecular and physiological processes associated with pubertal development. ..
- Shende V, GOLDRICK M, Ramani S, Earnest D. Expression and rhythmic modulation of circulating microRNAs targeting the clock gene Bmal1 in mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22586 pubmed publisher..In conjunction with previous studies implicating miRNAs as extracellular regulatory signals, our results suggest that circulating miRNAs may play a role in the regulation of the molecular clockworks in peripheral circadian oscillators. ..
- Shu C, Sankaran B, Chaton C, Herr A, Mishra A, Peng J, et al. Structural insights into the functions of TBK1 in innate antimicrobial immunity. Structure. 2013;21:1137-48 pubmed publisher..Phosphorylation of IRF-3 by TBK1 in vitro results in its oligomerization, and phosphorylation of residue Ser386 plays a key role in IRF-3 activation. ..
- Declercq V, McMurray D, Chapkin R. Obesity promotes colonic stem cell expansion during cancer initiation. Cancer Lett. 2015;369:336-43 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the responsiveness of colonic stem cells to adiponectin in diet-induced obesity is impaired and may contribute to the stem cell accumulation observed in obesity. ..
- Cisse Egbuonye N, Liles S, Schmitz K, Kassem N, Irvin V, Hovell M. Availability of Vending Machines and School Stores in California Schools. J Sch Health. 2016;86:48-53 pubmed publisher..Despite the Child Nutrition and Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Reauthorization Act of 2004, FMNV were still available in schools, and may be contributing to unhealthy dietary choices and ultimately to health risks. ..
- Arnold A, Burnham C, Ford B, Lawhon S, McAllister S, Lonsway D, et al. Evaluation of an Immunochromatographic Assay for Rapid Detection of Penicillin-Binding Protein 2a in Human and Animal Staphylococcus intermedius Group, Staphylococcus lugdunensis, and Staphylococcus schleiferi Clinical Isolates. J Clin Microbiol. 2016;54:745-8 pubmed publisher..The assay was sensitive and specific, with all PBP2a-negative and PBP2a-positive strains testing negative and positive, respectively. ..
- Ishdorj A, Capps O, Murano P. Nutrient Density and the Cost of Vegetables from Elementary School Lunches. Adv Nutr. 2016;7:254S-260S pubmed publisher..Given that many vegetables are less energy dense, measuring vegetable costs per 100 g and per serving by accounting for nutrient density perhaps is a better way of calculating the cost of vegetables in school meals. ..
- Ramsey Buchanan L, Rooks Peck C, Finnie R, Wethington H, Jacob V, Fulton J, et al. Reducing Recreational Sedentary Screen Time: A Community Guide Systematic Review. Am J Prev Med. 2016;50:402-415 pubmed publisher..2 minutes/day. Among children, these interventions demonstrated reduced screen time, increased physical activity, and improved diet- and weight-related outcomes. More research is needed among adolescents and adults. ..
- Skow L, Adkison L, Womack J, Beamer W, Taylor B. Mapping of the mouse fibronectin gene (Fn-1) to chromosome 1: conservation of the Idh-1-Cryg-Fn-1 synteny group in mammals. Genomics. 1987;1:283-6 pubmed..Loci homologous to genes in the centromeric third of mouse chromosome 1 are also syntenic in rats, humans, and cattle and may, therefore, mark a large conserved chromosomal segment of the mammalian genome. ..
- Lin P, Khatri S. Application of Max-SAT-based ATPG to optimal cancer therapy design. BMC Genomics. 2012;13 Suppl 6:S5 pubmed publisher..Experimental results on growth factor (GF) signaling pathways demonstrate that our algorithm is flexible, and can yield an exact solution for each feature in much less than 1 second. ..
- ..Therefore, adequate consumption of high-quality proteins from animal products (e.g., lean meat and milk) is essential for optimal growth, development, and health of humans. ..
- Fried T, Niehoff K, Street R, Charpentier P, Rajeevan N, Miller P, et al. Effect of the Tool to Reduce Inappropriate Medications on Medication Communication and Deprescribing. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2017;65:2265-2271 pubmed publisher..TRIM improved communication about medications and accuracy of documentation. Although there was no association with prescribing, the small sample size provided limited power to examine medication-related outcomes. ..
- Threadgill D, Womack J. Mapping HSA10 homologous loci in cattle. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1991;57:123-6 pubmed..VIM and IL2R mapped to U11; ADRA2 and OAT mapped to U26; and RBP3, PLAU, and HK1 mapped to U28. ..
- Harris E, Qian Y, Reddy M. Genes regulating copper metabolism. Mol Cell Biochem. 1998;188:57-62 pubmed
- McMurray D. A coordinated strategy for evaluating new vaccines for human and animal tuberculosis. Tuberculosis (Edinb). 2001;81:141-6 pubmed
- Wunderlich K, Abbey C, Clayton D, Song Y, Schein J, Georges M, et al. A 2.5-Mb contig constructed from Angus, Longhorn and horned Hereford DNA spanning the polled interval on bovine chromosome 1. Anim Genet. 2006;37:592-4 pubmed..This contig of overlapping BAC clones from horned and polled breeds is a useful resource for SNP discovery and characterization of positional candidate genes...
- Satterfield M, Wu G. Brown adipose tissue growth and development: significance and nutritional regulation. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2011;16:1589-608 pubmed..This review will attempt to meld the wealth of new information regarding BAT development with established literature to provide an up to date synopsis of what is known and thus a framework for future research directions. ..
- Narasaki C, Toman R. Lipopolysaccharide of Coxiella burnetii. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2012;984:65-90 pubmed publisher..The current advanced technologies providing the genetic tools necessary to screen C. burnetii mutants and propagate isogenic mutants might speed the discovery process...
- Bousquet M, Zhuang G, Meng C, Ying W, Cheruku P, Shie A, et al. miR-150 blocks MLL-AF9-associated leukemia through oncogene repression. Mol Cancer Res. 2013;11:912-22 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrate that miR-150 is a potent leukemic tumor suppressor that regulates multiple oncogenes. These data establish new, key players for the development of therapeutic strategies to treat MLL-AF9-related leukemia. ..
- Bhattarai B, Fosgate G, Osterstock J, Fossler C, Park S, Roussel A. Perceptions of veterinarians in bovine practice and producers with beef cow-calf operations enrolled in the US Voluntary Bovine Johne's Disease Control Program concerning economic losses associated with Johne's disease. Prev Vet Med. 2013;112:330-7 pubmed publisher..Similarly, mean annual loss based on information collected from veterinarians was $1747 ($575-$3375). ..
- Choi I, Hash S, Collisson E. Molecular cloning and expression of feline CD28 and CTLA-4 cDNA. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2000;76:45-59 pubmed..Expression of feline CD28 and CTLA-4 mRNA in freshly isolated feline PBMC was demonstrated by RT-PCR. Stimulation of PBMC with Con-A similarly increased the expression of both CD28 and CTLA-4 mRNA. ..
- Minor J, Dunstan R, Guyon R, Andre C, Barnhart K, Credille K. Comparative sequence analysis and radiation hybrid mapping of the canine keratin 10 gene. DNA Seq. 2005;16:89-95 pubmed..Canine K10 had an 86% amino acid identity with the human gene. KRT10 was localized to the on-going canine radiation hybrid map to chromosome 9 in the type I keratin gene cluster. ..
- Fritzler J, Millership J, Zhu G. Cryptosporidium parvum long-chain fatty acid elongase. Eukaryot Cell. 2007;6:2018-28 pubmed publisher..e., maximum inhibitions of 20.5% and 32.7% were observed when C16:0 and C14:0 were used as substrates, respectively). These observations ultimately validate the function of CpLCE1...
- Lobach I, Carroll R, Spinka C, Gail M, Chatterjee N. Haplotype-based regression analysis and inference of case-control studies with unphased genotypes and measurement errors in environmental exposures. Biometrics. 2008;64:673-84 pubmed..An application of our method is illustrated using a population-based case-control study of the association between calcium intake and the risk of colorectal adenoma. ..
- Kannan K, Nelson A, Shippen D. Dyskerin is a component of the Arabidopsis telomerase RNP required for telomere maintenance. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:2332-41 pubmed publisher..We conclude that dyskerin is a conserved component of the telomerase RNP complex in higher eukaryotes that is required for maximal enzyme activity in vivo. ..
- Wang Z. The convergence of health care expenditure in the US states. Health Econ. 2009;18:55-70 pubmed publisher..The expenditure on prescription drugs is the most important diverging factor. Policy implications of these empirical results are discussed. ..
- Qin Q, Pei J, Ancona V, Shaw B, Ficht T, de Figueiredo P. RNAi screen of endoplasmic reticulum-associated host factors reveals a role for IRE1alpha in supporting Brucella replication. PLoS Pathog. 2008;4:e1000110 pubmed publisher..Finally, we propose a model in which IRE1alpha, and other ER-associated genes uncovered in our screen, mediate Brucella replication by promoting autophagosome biogenesis. ..
- Bortfeld H, Fava E, Boas D. Identifying cortical lateralization of speech processing in infants using near-infrared spectroscopy. Dev Neuropsychol. 2009;34:52-65 pubmed publisher..These findings are consistent with those obtained using other neurophysiological methods and point to the utility of NIRS as a means of establishing neural correlates of language development in older (and more active) infants. ..
- Resch J, Villarreal V, Johnson C, Elliott T, Kwok O, Berry J, et al. Trajectories of life satisfaction in the first 5 years following traumatic brain injury. Rehabil Psychol. 2009;54:51-9 pubmed..Individuals with greater cognitive and motor impairments following TBI are likely to experience significant declines in life satisfaction within 5 years of living with TBI. ..
- Lee M, Cherla R, Leyva Illades D, Tesh V. Bcl-2 regulates the onset of shiga toxin 1-induced apoptosis in THP-1 cells. Infect Immun. 2009;77:5233-44 pubmed publisher..However, the toxin also activated prosurvival signaling through increased expression, mitochondrial translocation, and alternative phosphorylation of Bcl-2. ..
- Sreevalsan S, Jutooru I, Chadalapaka G, Walker M, Safe S. 1,1-Bis(3'-indolyl)-1-(p-bromophenyl)methane and related compounds repress survivin and decrease gamma-radiation-induced survivin in colon and pancreatic cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2009;35:1191-9 pubmed
- Bian X, Wilson V. Common importin alpha specificity for papillomavirus E2 proteins. Virus Res. 2010;150:135-7 pubmed publisher..This differentiation-specific increase in alpha 3 and alpha 5 expression suggests that preferential usage of these two importins by E2 may facilitate E2 nuclear uptake during terminal differentiation. ..
- Vanderlaag K, Su Y, Frankel A, Burghardt R, Barhoumi R, Chadalapaka G, et al. 1,1-Bis(3'-indolyl)-1-(p-substituted phenyl)methanes induce autophagic cell death in estrogen receptor negative breast cancer. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:669 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that C-DIM compounds may represent a new mechanism-based agent for treating drug-resistant ER-negative breast tumors through induction of autophagy. ..
- Lebovic D, Kavoussi S, Lee J, Banu S, Arosh J. PPAR? activation inhibits growth and survival of human endometriotic cells by suppressing estrogen biosynthesis and PGE2 signaling. Endocrinology. 2013;154:4803-13 pubmed publisher..Activation of PPAR? combined with inhibition of EP2 and EP4 may emerge as novel nonsteroidal therapeutic targets for endometriosis-associated pain and infertility, if clinically proven safe and efficacious. ..
- Abdulla A, Zhang Y, Hsu F, Xiaoli A, Zhao X, Yang E, et al. Regulation of lipogenic gene expression by lysine-specific histone demethylase-1 (LSD1). J Biol Chem. 2014;289:29937-47 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results show that LSD1 plays a role in regulating lipogenic gene expression, suggesting LSD1 as a potential target for treating dysregulation of lipid metabolism. ..
- Ross L, Howard D, Bowie J, Thorpe R, Kinlock B, Burt C, et al. Factors Associated with Men's Assessment of Prostate Cancer Treatment Choice. J Cancer Educ. 2016;31:301-7 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that demographic, psychosocial, and clinical factors play an important role for men in assessing their treatment choices for prostate cancer. ..
- Jiang L, Chen S, Zhang B, Beals J, Mitchell C, Manson S, et al. Longitudinal Patterns of Stages of Change for Exercise and Lifestyle Intervention Outcomes: An Application of Latent Class Analysis with Distal Outcomes. Prev Sci. 2016;17:398-409 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest the potential importance of motivating participants to modify their readiness for behavioral change in future lifestyle interventions. ..
- Allin L, Wu X, Nussbaum M, Madigan M. Falls resulting from a laboratory-induced slip occur at a higher rate among individuals who are obese. J Biomech. 2016;49:678-683 pubmed publisher..Slip severity thresholds were also reported that may have value in developing controls for fall prevention. ..
- Saville B, Wormke M, Wang F, Nguyen T, Enmark E, Kuiper G, et al. Ligand-, cell-, and estrogen receptor subtype (alpha/beta)-dependent activation at GC-rich (Sp1) promoter elements. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:5379-87 pubmed
- Colenda C, Wagenaar D, Mickus M, Marcus S, Tanielian T, Pincus H. Comparing clinical practice with guideline recommendations for the treatment of depression in geriatric patients: findings from the APA practice research network. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2003;11:448-57 pubmed
- Lee J, Kim K, Sacchettini J, Smith C, Safe S. DRIP150 coactivation of estrogen receptor alpha in ZR-75 breast cancer cells is independent of LXXLL motifs. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:8819-30 pubmed..These results demonstrate that coactivation of ERalpha by DRIP150 in ZR-75 cells is NR box-independent and requires a novel sequence with putative alpha-helical structure. ..
- Samuel S, Twizere J, Bernstein L. YB-1 represses AP1-dependent gene transactivation and interacts with an AP-1 DNA sequence. Biochem J. 2005;388:921-8 pubmed..This is the first report of YB-1 transrepression and interaction at the AP-1 DNA-binding site. ..
- Wang F, Langley R, Gulten G, Dover L, Besra G, Jacobs W, et al. Mechanism of thioamide drug action against tuberculosis and leprosy. J Exp Med. 2007;204:73-8 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis and M. leprae InhA. Knowledge of the precise structures and mechanisms of action of these drugs provides insights into designing new drugs that can overcome drug resistance...
- Tanner M, Sattenspiel L, Ntaimo L. Finding optimal vaccination strategies under parameter uncertainty using stochastic programming. Math Biosci. 2008;215:144-51 pubmed publisher..Results derived from a stochastic programming analysis can also help to guide decisions about how much effort and resources to focus on collecting data needed to provide better estimates of key parameters. ..
- Kjos S, Snowden K, Olson J. Biogeography and Trypanosoma cruzi infection prevalence of Chagas disease vectors in Texas, USA. Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 2009;9:41-50 pubmed publisher..The high T. cruzi infection prevalence of specimens found in close proximity to human settings suggests the presence of an active peridomestic Chagas disease transmission cycle. ..
- Berry S, Spinelli W, Littman G, Liang J, Fardipour P, Berry D, et al. A Bayesian dose-finding trial with adaptive dose expansion to flexibly assess efficacy and safety of an investigational drug. Clin Trials. 2010;7:121-35 pubmed publisher..The two-stage dose-expansion design functioned as designed, recommending early termination based on a low probability that the tested doses had efficacy greater than the active control. ..
- Sharkey J, Horel S, Dean W. Neighborhood deprivation, vehicle ownership, and potential spatial access to a variety of fruits and vegetables in a large rural area in Texas. Int J Health Geogr. 2010;9:26 pubmed publisher..The inclusion of data on availability of fresh or processed fruits or vegetables in the measurements provides robust meaning to the concept of potential access in this large rural area. ..
- Su S, Maxwell S, Bayless K. Annexin 2 regulates endothelial morphogenesis by controlling AKT activation and junctional integrity. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:40624-34 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we report that annexin 2 regulates endothelial morphogenesis through an adherens junction-mediated pathway upstream of Akt. ..
- Bhattarai R, Budke C, CARABIN H, Proaño J, Flores Rivera J, Corona T, et al. Quality of life in patients with neurocysticercosis in Mexico. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2011;84:782-6 pubmed publisher..Chart reviews indicated that hydrocephalus (48%), severe headaches (47%), and epilepsy (31%) were the most common clinical manifestations in these NCC outpatients. ..
- Qin Q, Luo J, Lin X, Pei J, Li L, Ficht T, et al. Functional analysis of host factors that mediate the intracellular lifestyle of Cryptococcus neoformans. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1002078 pubmed publisher..Our results also support a model in which host Atg proteins mediate Cn intracellular trafficking and replication. ..
- Ditre J, Brandon T, Zale E, Meagher M. Pain, nicotine, and smoking: research findings and mechanistic considerations. Psychol Bull. 2011;137:1065-93 pubmed publisher..PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2011 APA, all rights reserved)...
- Brender J, Werler M, Shinde M, Vuong A, Kelley K, Huber J, et al. Nitrosatable drug exposure during the first trimester of pregnancy and selected congenital malformations. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2012;94:701-13 pubmed publisher..With data from the National Birth Defects Prevention Study, the relation between prenatal exposure to nitrosatable drugs and limb deficiencies, oral cleft, and heart malformations in offspring was examined...
- Huber J, Brender J, Zheng Q, Sharkey J, Vuong A, Shinde M, et al. Maternal dietary intake of nitrates, nitrites and nitrosamines and selected birth defects in offspring: a case-control study. Nutr J. 2013;12:34 pubmed publisher..We examined the relationship between maternal dietary intake of nitrates, nitrites (including plant and animal sources as separate groups), and nitrosamines and several types of birth defects in offspring...
- Park S, Kim T, Cho S, Lee E. Association between cataract and the degree of obesity. Optom Vis Sci. 2013;90:1019-27 pubmed publisher..g., vitamin B2, niacin, vitamin C, and vitamin A) were highest in the overweight group. The overweight group had significantly lower risk of cataract formation than the normal-weight group in Korean population. ..
- Zhang J, Chen Y, Ashfaq S, Bell K, Calvitti A, Farber N, et al. Strategizing EHR use to achieve patient-centered care in exam rooms: a qualitative study on primary care providers. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2016;23:137-43 pubmed publisher..These findings also show that more user-centered EHR design is needed to improve system usability. ..
- Sharma V, Johnson N, Cizmas L, McDonald T, Kim H. A review of the influence of treatment strategies on antibiotic resistant bacteria and antibiotic resistance genes. Chemosphere. 2016;150:702-714 pubmed publisher..The effects of constructed wetlands and nanotechnology on ARB and ARG are also summarized. ..
- Yao G, Duarte Í, Le T, Carmody L, LiPuma J, Young R, et al. A Broad-Host-Range Tailocin from Burkholderia cenocepacia. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2017;83: pubmed publisher..As such, BceTMilo and related or modified tailocins have potential as bactericidal therapeutic agents against plant- and human-pathogenic Burkholderia. ..
- Hill J, Burghardt R, Jones K, Long C, Looney C, Shin T, et al. Evidence for placental abnormality as the major cause of mortality in first-trimester somatic cell cloned bovine fetuses. Biol Reprod. 2000;63:1787-94 pubmed..Our findings suggest that future research should focus on factors that promote placental and vascular growth and on fetomaternal interactions that promote placental attachment and villous formation. ..
- Ingalls C, Wenke J, Armstrong R. Time course changes in [Ca2+]i, force, and protein content in hindlimb-suspended mouse soleus muscles. Aviat Space Environ Med. 2001;72:471-6 pubmed..It appears that resting cytosolic Ca2+ homeostasis is disturbed soon after the initiation of hindlimb suspension, and these elevations in [Ca2+]i may play a role in initiating soleus muscle atrophy. ..
- Nelson V, Davis G, Maxwell S. A putative protein inhibitor of activated STAT (PIASy) interacts with p53 and inhibits p53-mediated transactivation but not apoptosis. Apoptosis. 2001;6:221-34 pubmed..PIASy did not effect the incidence of apoptosis in H1299 cells upregulated for p53. PIASy appears to regulate p53-mediated functions and may direct p53 into a transactivation-independent mode of apoptosis. ..
- West J, Blake C. Fetal alcohol syndrome: an assessment of the field. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2005;230:354-6 pubmed..It is directed not only to investigators working in the field but to a diverse group of scientists working in the biological and biomedical fields to stimulate cross-disciplinary awareness, interest, and collaboration. ..
- Mendes O, Kim H, Stoica G. Expression of MMP2, MMP9 and MMP3 in breast cancer brain metastasis in a rat model. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2005;22:237-46 pubmed..In addition, PD 166793 decreased the in vitro invasive cell behavior of ENU1546. Together our results suggest that MMP-2, -3 and -9 may be involved in the process of metastasis of breast cancer to the brain. ..
- Gu X, Ke S, Liu D, Sheng T, Thomas P, Rabson A, et al. Role of NF-kappaB in regulation of PXR-mediated gene expression: a mechanism for the suppression of cytochrome P-450 3A4 by proinflammatory agents. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:17882-9 pubmed..RXRalpha complex. This mechanism of suppression by NF-kappaB activation may be extended to other nuclear receptor-regulated systems where RXRalpha is a dimerization partner. ..
- Kash B, Hawes C, Phillips C. Comparing staffing levels in the Online Survey Certification and Reporting (OSCAR) system with the Medicaid Cost Report data: are differences systematic?. Gerontologist. 2007;47:480-9 pubmed..Results call for a more accurate reporting system. ..
- Harmon Jones E, Peterson C, Harris C. Jealousy: novel methods and neural correlates. Emotion. 2009;9:113-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present studies developed a laboratory paradigm for the study of jealousy that should help foster research on one of the most social of emotions. ..
- Misra R, Patel T, Kotha P, Raji A, Ganda O, Banerji M, et al. Prevalence of diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and cardiovascular risk factors in US Asian Indians: results from a national study. J Diabetes Complications. 2010;24:145-53 pubmed publisher..The prevalence rates of diabetes and MetS among US Asian Indians are higher than reported in earlier, nonrandomized, smaller surveys. These data provide a firm basis for future mechanistic and interventional studies. ..
- Reddy D. The role of neurosteroids in the pathophysiology and treatment of catamenial epilepsy. Epilepsy Res. 2009;85:1-30 pubmed publisher..Synthetic neurosteroids, which enhance the tonic GABA-A receptor function, might provide an effective approach for the catamenial epilepsy therapy without producing hormonal side effects. ..
- Pierson L, Pierson E. Metabolism and function of phenazines in bacteria: impacts on the behavior of bacteria in the environment and biotechnological processes. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2010;86:1659-70 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss emerging evidence that phenazines play multiple roles for the producing organism and contribute to their behavior and ecological fitness. ..