Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on histone acetyltransferases in Dallas, Texas, United States
Locale: Dallas, Texas, United States
Topic: histone acetyltransferases
- Harrod R, Nacsa J, Van Lint C, Hansen J, Karpova T, McNally J, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus type-1 Tat/co-activator acetyltransferase interactions inhibit p53Lys-320 acetylation and p53-responsive transcription. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:12310-8 pubmed..Our results allude to a mechanism whereby the human immunodeficiency virus type-1 trans-activator might impair tumor suppressor functions in immune/neuronal-derived cells, thus favoring the establishment of neoplasia during AIDS. ..
- Li Q, Sudhof T. Cleavage of amyloid-beta precursor protein and amyloid-beta precursor-like protein by BACE 1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:10542-50 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that APLPs and APP are processed similarly to act via the same nuclear target, suggesting that BACE 1 cleavage regulates a common function of APP and APLPs in neurons. ..
- Wong K, Zhang J, Awasthi S, Sharma A, Rogers L, Matlock E, et al. Nerve growth factor receptor signaling induces histone acetyltransferase domain-dependent nuclear translocation of p300/CREB-binding protein-associated factor and hGCN5 acetyltransferases. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:55667-74 pubmed
- Cao D, Wang Z, Zhang C, Oh J, Xing W, Li S, et al. Modulation of smooth muscle gene expression by association of histone acetyltransferases and deacetylases with myocardin. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:364-76 pubmed..These findings point to myocardin as a nexus for positive and negative regulation of smooth muscle gene expression by changes in chromatin acetylation. ..
- Wong K, Sharma A, Awasthi S, Matlock E, Rogers L, Van Lint C, et al. HIV-1 Tat interactions with p300 and PCAF transcriptional coactivators inhibit histone acetylation and neurotrophin signaling through CREB. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:9390-9 pubmed..Importantly, these findings suggest that HIV-1 Tat-coactivator interactions may contribute to neurotrophin signaling impairments and neuronal apoptosis associated with HIV-1 infections of the CNS. ..
- Backs J, Olson E. Control of cardiac growth by histone acetylation/deacetylation. Circ Res. 2006;98:15-24 pubmed..Manipulation of histone modifying enzymes and the signaling pathways that impinge on them in the settings of pathological cardiac growth, remodeling, and heart failure represents an auspicious therapeutic approach. ..
- Zhang Q, Shalaby N, Buszczak M. Changes in rRNA transcription influence proliferation and cell fate within a stem cell lineage. Science. 2014;343:298-301 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that modulating rRNA synthesis fosters changes in the cell fate, growth, and proliferation of female Drosophila GSCs and their daughters. ..
- Sharma A, Awasthi S, Harrod C, Matlock E, Khan S, Xu L, et al. The Werner syndrome helicase is a cofactor for HIV-1 long terminal repeat transactivation and retroviral replication. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:12048-57 pubmed..WRN may be a plausible target for antiretroviral therapy. ..
- Yi M, Tong G, Murry B, Mendelson C. Role of CBP/p300 and SRC-1 in transcriptional regulation of the pulmonary surfactant protein-A (SP-A) gene by thyroid transcription factor-1 (TTF-1). J Biol Chem. 2002;277:2997-3005 pubmed..This suggests that cAMP-mediated TTF-1 phosphorylation facilitates interaction with CBP and SRC-1, resulting in its hyperacetylation, further enhancing TTF-1 DNA-binding and transcriptional activity. ..
- Cao X, Sudhof T. A transcriptionally [correction of transcriptively] active complex of APP with Fe65 and histone acetyltransferase Tip60. Science. 2001;293:115-20 pubmed..This complex potently stimulates transcription via heterologous Gal4- or LexA-DNA binding domains, suggesting that release of the cytoplasmic tail of APP by gamma-cleavage may function in gene expression. ..