Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on developmental gene expression regulation in Houston, Texas, United States
Locale: Houston, Texas, United States
Topic: developmental gene expression regulation
- Tepera S, McCrea P, Rosen J. A beta-catenin survival signal is required for normal lobular development in the mammary gland. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:1137-49 pubmed..This study illustrates the importance of beta-catenin signalling in mammary lobuloalveolar development. ..
- Schulze K, Bellen H. Drosophila syntaxin is required for cell viability and may function in membrane formation and stabilization. Genetics. 1996;144:1713-24 pubmed..We propose that, similar to its roles in cuticle secretion and neurotransmitter release, SYX may mediate membrane assembly events throughout Drosophila development. ..
- Tavsanli B, Pappu K, Mehta S, Mardon G. Dbest1, a Drosophila homolog of human Bestrophin, is not required for viability or photoreceptor integrity. Genesis. 2001;31:130-6 pubmed..Homozygous null mutations in dbest1 do not significantly alter the viability or fertility of mutant flies. Moreover, dbest1 mutants have normal photoreceptor morphology and function. ..
- Sivaraman L, Gay J, Hilsenbeck S, Shine H, Conneely O, Medina D, et al. Effect of selective ablation of proliferating mammary epithelial cells on MNU induced rat mammary tumorigenesis. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2002;73:75-83 pubmed..Several possible explanations of the puzzling relationship between elimination of cycling cells and increased tumor incidence are discussed and alternative strategies for the prevention of breast cancer are proposed. ..
- Liu W, Selever J, Wang D, Lu M, Moses K, Schwartz R, et al. Bmp4 signaling is required for outflow-tract septation and branchial-arch artery remodeling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:4489-94 pubmed..Our findings uncover a previously uncharacterized function for Bmp4 in vascular remodeling of the BAAs, and they show definitively that Bmp4, in cooperation with Bmp7, has a central role in OFT septation. ..
- Tetzlaff M, Bai C, Finegold M, Wilson J, Harper J, Mahon K, et al. Cyclin F disruption compromises placental development and affects normal cell cycle execution. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2487-98 pubmed
- Johnson J, Shinomura T, Eberspaecher H, Pinero G, DeCrombrugghe B, Hook M. Expression and localization of PG-Lb/epiphycan during mouse development. Dev Dyn. 1999;216:499-510 pubmed
- Lutz B, Lu H, Eichele G, Miller D, Kaufman T. Rescue of Drosophila labial null mutant by the chicken ortholog Hoxb-1 demonstrates that the function of Hox genes is phylogenetically conserved. Genes Dev. 1996;10:176-84 pubmed
- Takamoto N, Zhao B, Tsai S, DeMayo F. Identification of Indian hedgehog as a progesterone-responsive gene in the murine uterus. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:2338-48 pubmed..Our results suggested that Ihh is regulated by P4, and the Ihh signaling axis may play a role in the preparation of the uterus for implantation during the periimplantation period. ..
- Burrin D, Petersen Y, Stoll B, Sangild P. Glucagon-like peptide 2: a nutrient-responsive gut growth factor. J Nutr. 2001;131:709-12 pubmed..Based on its efficacy in preventing atrophy and stimulating growth in the neonatal gut, GLP-2 may be a promising therapeutic adjuvant for treatment of infants with compromised gut function. ..
- DELK N, Johnson K, Chowdhury N, Braam J. CML24, regulated in expression by diverse stimuli, encodes a potential Ca2+ sensor that functions in responses to abscisic acid, daylength, and ion stress. Plant Physiol. 2005;139:240-53 pubmed
- Kibler K, Nguyen T, Svetz J, Van Driessche N, Ibarra M, Thompson C, et al. A novel developmental mechanism in Dictyostelium revealed in a screen for communication mutants. Dev Biol. 2003;259:193-208 pubmed..comD has a cell-autonomous role in the specialization of a novel prespore cell type, whereas comB has a cell-autonomous role in prestalk A cell differentiation. ..
- Wang S, Gan L, Martin S, Klein W. Abnormal polarization and axon outgrowth in retinal ganglion cells lacking the POU-domain transcription factor Brn-3b. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2000;16:141-56 pubmed..Thus, Brn-3b appears to control the activity of genes that function in establishing RGC polarity, and without Brn-3b, RGCs cannot extend normal axons. ..
- Ladd A, Stenberg M, Swanson M, Cooper T. Dynamic balance between activation and repression regulates pre-mRNA alternative splicing during heart development. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:783-93 pubmed..ETR-3 and CUG-BP proteins are also down-regulated in other tissues during development, suggesting that CELF proteins play a broad role in developmental splicing regulation. ..
- Horan G, Wu K, Wolgemuth D, Behringer R. Homeotic transformation of cervical vertebrae in Hoxa-4 mutant mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:12644-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate that Hoxa-4 plays a role in conferring positional information along the anteroposterior axis to specify the identity of the third and the seventh cervical vertebrae. ..
- Kalsotra A, Xiao X, Ward A, Castle J, Johnson J, Burge C, et al. A postnatal switch of CELF and MBNL proteins reprograms alternative splicing in the developing heart. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:20333-8 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that CELF and MBNL proteins are determinative for a large subset of splicing transitions that occur during postnatal heart development. ..
- Chao H, Zoghbi H, Rosenmund C. MeCP2 controls excitatory synaptic strength by regulating glutamatergic synapse number. Neuron. 2007;56:58-65 pubmed
- Chen R, Halder G, Zhang Z, Mardon G. Signaling by the TGF-beta homolog decapentaplegic functions reiteratively within the network of genes controlling retinal cell fate determination in Drosophila. Development. 1999;126:935-43 pubmed..These results suggest a mechanism by which a general patterning signal such as Decapentaplegic cooperates reiteratively with tissue-specific factors to determine distinct cell fates during development. ..
- Brown C, Li L, Houston Hawkins D, Matzuk M. Activins are critical modulators of growth and survival. Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:2404-17 pubmed
- Barski O, Papusha V, Ivanova M, Rudman D, Finegold M. Developmental expression and function of aldehyde reductase in proximal tubules of the kidney. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2005;289:F200-7 pubmed..Immunoreactive protein is present in the 9-wk-old fetal kidney, indicating that the induction of aldehyde reductase in humans occurs early in development. ..
- Zhang J, Yang Z, Wu S. Development of cholinergic amacrine cells is visual activity-dependent in the postnatal mouse retina. J Comp Neurol. 2005;484:331-43 pubmed..This visual activity-dependent phase of development may be a critical period for the maturation and synaptic wiring of cholinergic amacrine cells in the mammalian retina. ..
- Chu K, Tsai M. Neuronatin, a downstream target of BETA2/NeuroD1 in the pancreas, is involved in glucose-mediated insulin secretion. Diabetes. 2005;54:1064-73 pubmed..These results suggest for the first time an important role for NNAT in insulin secretion and for proper beta-cell function. ..
- Myer A, Wagner D, Vivian J, Olson E, Klein W. Wild-type myoblasts rescue the ability of myogenin-null myoblasts to fuse in vivo. Dev Biol. 1997;185:127-38 pubmed..We propose that myogenin regulates the expression of one or more extracellular or cell surface proteins required to initiate the muscle differentiation program. ..
- Zhang R, Ducy P, Karsenty G. 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 inhibits Osteocalcin expression in mouse through an indirect mechanism. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:110-6 pubmed
- Gu Y, Nelson D. FMR2 function: insight from a mouse knockout model. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2003;100:129-39 pubmed
- Goldie L, Lucitti J, Dickinson M, Hirschi K. Cell signaling directing the formation and function of hemogenic endothelium during murine embryogenesis. Blood. 2008;112:3194-204 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identify a novel, critical role for RA signaling in the development of hemogenic endothelium that contributes to definitive hematopoiesis. ..
- Assadi A, Zhang G, McNeil R, Clark G, D ARCANGELO G. Pafah1b2 mutations suppress the development of hydrocephalus in compound Pafah1b1; Reln and Pafah1b1; Dab1 mutant mice. Neurosci Lett. 2008;439:100-5 pubmed publisher..The data indicate that the two Pafah1b Alpha subunits have profoundly different effects on brain development and interact in a significantly different manner with the Reelin signaling pathway. ..
- Amen M, Liu X, Vadlamudi U, Elizondo G, Diamond E, Engelhardt J, et al. PITX2 and beta-catenin interactions regulate Lef-1 isoform expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:7560-73 pubmed..These data support a role for PITX2 in cell proliferation, migration, and cell division through differential Lef-1 isoform expression and interactions with Lef-1 and beta-catenin. ..
- Gajewski K, Sorrentino R, Lee J, Zhang Q, Russell M, Schulz R. Identification of a crystal cell-specific enhancer of the black cells prophenoloxidase gene in Drosophila. Genesis. 2007;45:200-7 pubmed..Thus, Srp and Lz do not just specify the crystal cell lineage, but also regulate the later differentiation of these cells. Additionally, we now have a sensitive tool for marking crystal cells in live animals. ..
- Li M, York J, Zhang P. Loss of Cdc20 causes a securin-dependent metaphase arrest in two-cell mouse embryos. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:3481-8 pubmed..Interestingly, Cdc20 and securin double mutant embryos could not maintain the metaphase arrest, suggesting a role of securin in preventing mitotic exit. ..
- Bryan B, Cai Y, Liu M. The Rho-family guanine nucleotide exchange factor GEFT enhances retinoic acid- and cAMP-induced neurite outgrowth. J Neurosci Res. 2006;83:1151-9 pubmed..Together, our data provide new evidence suggesting that GEFT is an important regulator of multiple processes involved in axon and dendrite formation. ..
- Kuo M, Wei Y, Yang X, Tatebe S, Liu J, Troncoso P, et al. Association of fragile site-associated (FSA) gene expression with epithelial differentiation and tumor development. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;340:887-93 pubmed..Moreover, levels of FSA expression are downregulated in tumors of these tissue origins. These results suggest that FSA also plays important roles in regulating mammalian epithelial growth and differentiation and tumor development. ..
- Huang H, Liu M, El Hodiri H, Chu K, Jamrich M, Tsai M. Regulation of the pancreatic islet-specific gene BETA2 (neuroD) by neurogenin 3. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:3292-307 pubmed..Based on these results, we hypothesize that ngn3 is involved in activating the expression of BETA2 at an early stage of islet cell differentiation through the E boxes in the BETA2 promoter. ..
- Montross W, Ji H, McCrea P. A beta-catenin/engrailed chimera selectively suppresses Wnt signaling. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 10):1759-70 pubmed
- Swindell E, Liu C, Shah R, Smith A, Lang R, Jamrich M. Eye formation in the absence of retina. Dev Biol. 2008;322:56-64 pubmed publisher..One involved in the formation of the eyeball and the second involved in the formation of the auxiliary eye structures. ..
- Cao H, Wang J, Li X, Florez S, Huang Z, Venugopalan S, et al. MicroRNAs play a critical role in tooth development. J Dent Res. 2010;89:779-84 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that tooth development is tightly controlled by microRNAs and that specific microRNAs regulate tooth epithelial stem cell differentiation...
- Robinson M, Overbeek P. Differential expression of alpha A- and alpha B-crystallin during murine ocular development. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1996;37:2276-84 pubmed..These results indicate that the alpha-crystallin genes are not identically regulated either within or outside the lens. ..
- Van den Veyver I, Cormier T, Jurecic V, Baldini A, Zoghbi H. Characterization and physical mapping in human and mouse of a novel RING finger gene in Xp22. Genomics. 1998;51:251-61 pubmed..FISH and hybridization to mouse YACs confirmed human and mouse synteny in the order of this gene and other genes in the MLS critical region; however, this gene spans the boundary of the pseudoautosomal region in mouse but not in humans. ..
- Tang L, Finnell R. Neural and orofacial defects in Folp1 knockout mice [corrected]. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2003;67:209-18 pubmed..Mis-expression of these molecules, perhaps mediated by Shh, may potentially contribute to the observed failure of neural tube closure and the development of craniofacial defects in the mutant mice. ..
- Medina Martinez O, Brownell I, Amaya Manzanares F, Hu Q, Behringer R, Jamrich M. Severe defects in proliferation and differentiation of lens cells in Foxe3 null mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:8854-63 pubmed..While Foxe3 is also expressed in a distinct region of the embryonic brain, we have not observed abnormal development of the brain in Foxe3(-/-) animals. ..
- Kim S, Levenson J, Korsmeyer S, Sweatt J, Schumacher A. Developmental regulation of Eed complex composition governs a switch in global histone modification in brain. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:9962-72 pubmed..Thus, this study suggests dynamic regulation of chromatin complex composition as a molecular mechanism to co-opt constituents of developmental pathways into the regulation of neuronal memory formation in adult brain. ..
- Zhu L, Harutyunyan K, Peng J, Wang J, Schwartz R, Belmont J. Identification of a novel role of ZIC3 in regulating cardiac development. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:1649-60 pubmed..These findings reveal a novel role of ZIC3 in regulating cardiac gene expression and may explain, in part, the association of ZIC3 mutation with cardiovascular malformations. ..
- Beckstead R, Ortiz J, Sanchez C, Prokopenko S, Chambon P, Losson R, et al. Bonus, a Drosophila homolog of TIF1 proteins, interacts with nuclear receptors and can inhibit betaFTZ-F1-dependent transcription. Mol Cell. 2001;7:753-65 pubmed..Bon binds via an LxxLL motif to the AF-2 activation domain present in the ligand binding domain of betaFTZ-F1 and behaves as a transcriptional inhibitor in vivo. ..
- Flora A, Garcia J, Thaller C, Zoghbi H. The E-protein Tcf4 interacts with Math1 to regulate differentiation of a specific subset of neuronal progenitors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:15382-7 pubmed
- Mu X, Fu X, Beremand P, Thomas T, Klein W. Gene regulation logic in retinal ganglion cell development: Isl1 defines a critical branch distinct from but overlapping with Pou4f2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:6942-7 pubmed publisher..They also reveal that identical RGC expression patterns are achieved by different combinations of divergent inputs from upstream transcription factors. ..
- Lim J, Choi K. Bar homeodomain proteins are anti-proneural in the Drosophila eye: transcriptional repression of atonal by Bar prevents ectopic retinal neurogenesis. Development. 2003;130:5965-74 pubmed..Thus, we propose that Bar is essential for transcriptional repression of ato and the prevention of ectopic neurogenesis behind the furrow. ..
- Kehl B, Cho K, Choi K. mirror, a Drosophila homeobox gene in the Iroquois complex, is required for sensory organ and alula formation. Development. 1998;125:1217-27 pubmed
- Chen Y, Liu P, Bradley A. Inducible gene trapping with drug-selectable markers and Cre/loxP to identify developmentally regulated genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9930-41 pubmed..Furthermore, we demonstrate that the cre reporter is extremely sensitive and can be used to explore chromosomal regions that are not detectable with neo as a selection cassette. ..
- Schulz R, Gajewski K. Ventral neuroblasts and the heartless FGF receptor are required for muscle founder cell specification in Drosophila. Oncogene. 1999;18:6818-23 pubmed..These results suggest the use of a neuroectoderm-to-mesoderm signaling pathway in the specification of ventral muscle precursors. ..
- Tiebel O, Oka K, Robinson K, Sullivan M, Martinez J, Nakamuta M, et al. Mouse very low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR): gene structure, tissue-specific expression and dietary and developmental regulation. Atherosclerosis. 1999;145:239-51 pubmed..Although the primary role of VLDLR in heart, muscle and adipose tissue is likely in lipid metabolism, developmental pattern of this receptor in other tissues suggests that VLDLR has functions that are unrelated to lipid metabolism. ..
- Tang L, Alger H, Lin F, Pereira F. Dynamic expression of COUP-TFI and COUP-TFII during development and functional maturation of the mouse inner ear. Gene Expr Patterns. 2005;5:587-92 pubmed
- Zhang H, Singh R, Talukder A, Kumar R. Metastatic tumor antigen 3 is a direct corepressor of the Wnt4 pathway. Genes Dev. 2006;20:2943-8 pubmed..These findings identify MTA3 as an upstream physiologic repressor of Wnt4 in mammary epithelial cells. ..
- Parker S, Eichele G, Zhang P, Rawls A, Sands A, Bradley A, et al. p53-independent expression of p21Cip1 in muscle and other terminally differentiating cells. Science. 1995;267:1024-7 pubmed..The p21 protein may function during development as an inducible growth inhibitor that contributes to cell cycle exit and differentiation. ..
- Grimm S, Bu W, Longley M, Roop D, Li Y, Rosen J. Keratin 6 is not essential for mammary gland development. Breast Cancer Res. 2006;8:R29 pubmed..There was also increased co-localization of PR and bromodeoxyuridine, suggesting alterations in patterning events important for normal lobuloalveolar development. ..
- Werz C, Lee T, Lee P, Lackey M, Bolduc C, Stein D, et al. Mis-specified cells die by an active gene-directed process, and inhibition of this death results in cell fate transformation in Drosophila. Development. 2005;132:5343-52 pubmed..These data support a model whereby mis-specification can be tolerated if a survival pathway is provided, resulting in cellular transformation. ..
- Bermingham N, Hassan B, Price S, Vollrath M, Ben Arie N, Eatock R, et al. Math1: an essential gene for the generation of inner ear hair cells. Science. 1999;284:1837-41 pubmed..Embryonic Math1-null mice failed to generate cochlear and vestibular hair cells. This gene is thus required for the genesis of hair cells...
- Iakova P, Awad S, Timchenko N. Aging reduces proliferative capacities of liver by switching pathways of C/EBPalpha growth arrest. Cell. 2003;113:495-506 pubmed
- Pappu K, Ostrin E, Middlebrooks B, Sili B, Chen R, Atkins M, et al. Dual regulation and redundant function of two eye-specific enhancers of the Drosophila retinal determination gene dachshund. Development. 2005;132:2895-905 pubmed..Our results suggest that the two eye enhancers act redundantly and in concert with each other to integrate distinct upstream inputs and direct the eye-specific expression of dac. ..
- Price M, Landsverk M, Barral J, Epstein H. Two mammalian UNC-45 isoforms are related to distinct cytoskeletal and muscle-specific functions. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:4013-23 pubmed..These results suggest that the general cell UNC-45 isoform may have primarily cytoskeletal functions and that the striated muscle UNC-45 isoform may be restricted to roles in muscle-specific differentiation. ..
- Ai D, Fu X, Wang J, Lu M, Chen L, Baldini A, et al. Canonical Wnt signaling functions in second heart field to promote right ventricular growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:9319-24 pubmed..Our findings reveal that Wnt signaling plays a major positive role in promoting growth and diversification of SHF precursors into right ventricular and interventricular myocardium. ..
- Bramblett D, Pennesi M, Wu S, Tsai M. The transcription factor Bhlhb4 is required for rod bipolar cell maturation. Neuron. 2004;43:779-93 pubmed..Other retinal cell populations including photoreceptors were unaltered. The timing of RB cell depletion in the Bhlhb4(-/-) mouse suggests that Bhlhb4 is essential for RB cell maturation. ..
- Rodriguez Villanueva J, Greenhalgh D, Wang X, Bundman D, Cho S, Delehedde M, et al. Human keratin-1.bcl-2 transgenic mice aberrantly express keratin 6, exhibit reduced sensitivity to keratinocyte cell death induction, and are susceptible to skin tumor formation. Oncogene. 1998;16:853-63 pubmed..bcl-2 mice compared to control littermates following initiation with DMBA and promotion with TPA. Together these results support a role for bcl-2 in the pathogenesis of NMSC. ..
- Tang L, Santillano D, Wlodarczyk B, Miranda R, Finnell R. Role of Folbp1 in the regional regulation of apoptosis and cell proliferation in the developing neural tube and craniofacies. Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet. 2005;135C:48-58 pubmed..The results demonstrate a prominent role of Folbp1 in the regional regulation of apoptosis and cell proliferation that underlies the aberrant neural tube and craniofacial defects. ..
- Zhou G, Zheng Q, Engin F, Munivez E, Chen Y, Sebald E, et al. Dominance of SOX9 function over RUNX2 during skeletogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:19004-9 pubmed..In summary, SOX9 is dominant over RUNX2 function in mesenchymal precursors that are destined for a chondrogenic lineage during endochondral ossification...
- Shawlot W, Deng J, Fohn L, Behringer R. Restricted beta-galactosidase expression of a hygromycin-lacZ gene targeted to the beta-actin locus and embryonic lethality of beta-actin mutant mice. Transgenic Res. 1998;7:95-103 pubmed..5 (E8.5) but became growth retarded at E9.5 and subsequently died. The RT-PCR data indicate that this targeted mutation is a hypomorphic allele of beta-actin. ..
- Wakamiya M, Rivera Pérez J, Baldini A, Behringer R. Goosecoid and goosecoid-related genes in mouse embryogenesis. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 1997;62:145-9 pubmed
- Pereira F, Tsai M, Tsai S. COUP-TF orphan nuclear receptors in development and differentiation. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2000;57:1388-98 pubmed..This defines the COUP-TFs as important factors in regulation of development and differentiation in multiple organisms. ..
- Bagheri Yarmand R, Mandal M, Taludker A, Wang R, Vadlamudi R, Kung H, et al. Etk/Bmx tyrosine kinase activates Pak1 and regulates tumorigenicity of breast cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:29403-9 pubmed..These results indicate that Pak1 is a target of Etk and that Etk controls the proliferation as well as the anchorage-independent and tumorigenic growth of mammary epithelial cancer cells. ..
- Li D, Bachinski L, Roberts R. Genomic organization and isoform-specific tissue expression of human NAPOR (CUGBP2) as a candidate gene for familial arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia. Genomics. 2001;74:396-401 pubmed..While the function of NAPOR remains to be elucidated, our current characterization of the NAPOR gene will be valuable for further clinical and functional study. ..
- Hathaway H, Shur B. Mammary gland morphogenesis is inhibited in transgenic mice that overexpress cell surface beta1,4-galactosyltransferase. Development. 1996;122:2859-72 pubmed
- Mao C, Kiyama T, Pan P, Furuta Y, Hadjantonakis A, Klein W. Eomesodermin, a target gene of Pou4f2, is required for retinal ganglion cell and optic nerve development in the mouse. Development. 2008;135:271-80 pubmed..We conclude that Eomes is a crucial regulator positioned immediately downstream of Pou4f2 and is required for RGC differentiation and optic nerve development. ..
- Mitchell L, Long J, Garbarini J, Paluru P, Goldmuntz E. Variants of folate metabolism genes and risk of left-sided cardiac defects. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2010;88:48-53 pubmed publisher..However, even larger studies and more comprehensive evaluations of the folate pathway genes are required to fully explore the relationship between folate and left-sided cardiac defects. ..
- Molkentin J, Black B, Martin J, Olson E. Cooperative activation of muscle gene expression by MEF2 and myogenic bHLH proteins. Cell. 1995;83:1125-36 pubmed
- Koster M, Dai D, Marinari B, Sano Y, Costanzo A, Karin M, et al. p63 induces key target genes required for epidermal morphogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:3255-60 pubmed..Our data provide insights into the role of DeltaNp63alpha in epidermal morphogenesis and homeostasis, and may contribute to our understanding of the pathogenic mechanisms underlying disorders caused by p63 mutations. ..
- Lai L, Bohnsack B, Niederreither K, Hirschi K. Retinoic acid regulates endothelial cell proliferation during vasculogenesis. Development. 2003;130:6465-74 pubmed..Thus, these data indicate that RA plays a crucial role in mammalian vascular development; it is required to control endothelial cell proliferation and vascular remodeling during vasculogenesis. ..
- Ponnio T, Burton Q, Pereira F, Wu D, Conneely O. The nuclear receptor Nor-1 is essential for proliferation of the semicircular canals of the mouse inner ear. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:935-45 pubmed
- Cannon J, Colicos S, Belmont J. Gene trap screening using negative selection: identification of two tandem, differentially expressed loci with potential hematopoietic function. Dev Genet. 1999;25:49-63 pubmed..The FIAU sensitivity of hematopoiesis in F3 embryoid bodies may result from expression of galtek during the formation of early hematopoietic cells, directed by regulatory signals from one or both of these endogenous loci. ..
- Rastelli L, Richman R, Kuroda M. The dosage compensation regulators MLE, MSL-1 and MSL-2 are interdependent since early embryogenesis in Drosophila. Mech Dev. 1995;53:223-33 pubmed..We conclude that the MSL proteins associate with the X chromosome and are interdependent since early embryogenesis. ..
- Zhao G, Eberspaecher H, Seldin M, de Crombrugghe B. The gene for the homeodomain-containing protein Cart-1 is expressed in cells that have a chondrogenic potential during embryonic development. Mech Dev. 1994;48:245-54 pubmed..Our results support the hypothesis that Cart-1 may play a role in the pathway of chondrogenesis. The gene for Cart-1 was mapped to a segment of mouse chromosome 10 between the genes for phenylalanine hydroxylase and interferon gamma. ..