Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on coup transcription factor i in Houston, Texas, United States
Locale: Houston, Texas, United States
Topic: coup transcription factor i
- Zhou C, Tsai S, Tsai M. COUP-TFI: an intrinsic factor for early regionalization of the neocortex. Genes Dev. 2001;15:2054-9 pubmed..Our results substantiate that COUP-TFI, an intrinsic factor, may work in concert with Pax6 and Emx2 to specify neocortical identity. ..
- Qiu Y, Krishnan V, Zeng Z, Gilbert D, Copeland N, Gibson L, et al. Isolation, characterization, and chromosomal localization of mouse and human COUP-TF I and II genes. Genomics. 1995;29:240-6 pubmed..Furthermore, we mapped human COUP-TF I to 5q14 of chromosome 5 and COUP-TF II to 15q26 of chromosome 15. The results demonstrate that COUP-TF genes are located in chromosomal regions that are syntenic between mouse and human. ..
- Wang L, Tsai S, Cook R, Beattie W, Tsai M, O Malley B. COUP transcription factor is a member of the steroid receptor superfamily. Nature. 1989;340:163-6 pubmed..We conclude that this superfamily of gene regulators contains proteins which bind and activate distal promoter elements of eukaryotic genes. ..
- Zhou C, Qiu Y, Pereira F, Crair M, Tsai S, Tsai M. The nuclear orphan receptor COUP-TFI is required for differentiation of subplate neurons and guidance of thalamocortical axons. Neuron. 1999;24:847-59 pubmed..These results also substantiate COUP-TFI as an important regulator of neuronal development and differentiation. ..
- Suh J, Yu C, Tang K, Tanaka T, Kodama T, Tsai M, et al. The expression profiles of nuclear receptors in the developing and adult kidney. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:3412-20 pubmed..Our results suggest that these nuclear receptors are likely to play important physiological roles in the kidney development. ..
- Qiu Y, Pereira F, DeMayo F, Lydon J, Tsai S, Tsai M. Null mutation of mCOUP-TFI results in defects in morphogenesis of the glossopharyngeal ganglion, axonal projection, and arborization. Genes Dev. 1997;11:1925-37 pubmed..Furthermore, mCOUP-TFI possesses vital physiological functions that are distinct from mCOUP-TFII despite of their high degree of homology and extensive overlapping expression patterns. ..
- Tang L, Alger H, Pereira F. COUP-TFI controls Notch regulation of hair cell and support cell differentiation. Development. 2006;133:3683-93 pubmed
- Montemayor C, Montemayor O, Ridgeway A, Lin F, Wheeler D, Pletcher S, et al. Genome-wide analysis of binding sites and direct target genes of the orphan nuclear receptor NR2F1/COUP-TFI. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8910 pubmed publisher..This bioinformatics tool can be modified to scan for response elements of transcription factors, cis-regulatory modules, or any flexible DNA pattern. ..
- Wu S, Lee D, DeMayo F, Tsai S, Tsai M. Generation of ES cells for conditional expression of nuclear receptors and coregulators in vivo. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:1297-304 pubmed publisher..Upon completion, it will be a very valuable resource for the scientific community. Several ES cells are currently available for distribution. ..
- Chan S, Xu N, Niemeyer C, Bone J, Flytzanis C. SpCOUP-TF: a sea urchin member of the steroid/thyroid hormone receptor family. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:10568-72 pubmed..Transcripts derived from the S. purpuratus COUP-TF homologous gene were detected in ovarian and embryonic RNAs from various stages...