Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on conserved sequence in Houston, Texas, United States
Locale: Houston, Texas, United States
Topic: conserved sequence
Publications117 found, 100 shown here
- Pagel F, Zhao S, Hijazi K, Murgola E. Phenotypic heterogeneity of mutational changes at a conserved nucleotide in 16 S ribosomal RNA. J Mol Biol. 1997;267:1113-23 pubmed..Finally, the association of a variety of phenotypes with different changes at the same nucleotide may eventually shed light on speculations about the coevolution of parts of ribosomal RNA with other translational macromolecules. ..
- Agulnik A, Zharkikh A, Boettger Tong H, Bourgeron T, McElreavey K, Bishop C. Evolution of the DAZ gene family suggests that Y-linked DAZ plays little, or a limited, role in spermatogenesis but underlines a recent African origin for human populations. Hum Mol Genet. 1998;7:1371-7 pubmed..This implies a common origin for the Y chromosome consistent with a recent 'out of Africa' origin of the human race. ..
- Bishop J, Schumacher J. Phosphorylation of the carboxyl terminus of inner centromere protein (INCENP) by the Aurora B Kinase stimulates Aurora B kinase activity. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:27577-80 pubmed..Since the Aurora B phosphorylation site within INCENP and the functions of INCENP and Aurora B have been conserved among eukaryotes, the feedback loop we have identified is also likely to be evolutionarily conserved. ..
- Nguyen T, Wang J, Schulz R. Mutations within the conserved MADS box of the D-MEF2 muscle differentiation factor result in a loss of DNA binding ability and lethality in Drosophila. Differentiation. 2002;70:438-46 pubmed
- Liu G, Wang H, Wang Z. Identification of a highly conserved domain in the androgen receptor that suppresses the DNA-binding domain-DNA interactions. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:14956-60 pubmed..These data demonstrate the existence of a novel inhibitory domain in the N-terminal part of AR, which might play important roles in the regulation of AR trans-activation. ..
- Lin X, Liang M, Liang Y, Brunicardi F, Melchior F, Feng X. Activation of transforming growth factor-beta signaling by SUMO-1 modification of tumor suppressor Smad4/DPC4. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:18714-9 pubmed..2 promoter. Importantly, SUMO-1 overexpression enhanced TGF-beta-induced transcriptional responses. These findings identify sumoylation as a unique mechanism to modulate Smad4-dependent cellular responses. ..
- Doyle C, Davis B, Cook R, Rich R, Rodgers J. Hyperconservation of the N-formyl peptide binding site of M3: evidence that M3 is an old eutherian molecule with conserved recognition of a pathogen-associated molecular pattern. J Immunol. 2003;171:836-44 pubmed..Such MHC PRR molecules could have been preadaptations for the evolution of acquired immunity during the early vertebrate radiation. ..
- Doyle K, Russell D, Sriraman V, Richards J. Coordinate transcription of the ADAMTS-1 gene by luteinizing hormone and progesterone receptor. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:2463-78 pubmed..In summary, LH and PRA/B exert distinct but coordinate effects on transactivation of the ADAMTS-1 gene in granulosa cells in vivo and in vitro with PR acting as an inducible coregulator of the ADAMTS-1 gene. ..
- Peng Y, Shrimpton C, Dong J, Lopez J. Gain of von Willebrand factor-binding function by mutagenesis of a species-conserved residue within the leucine-rich repeat region of platelet glycoprotein Ibalpha. Blood. 2005;106:1982-7 pubmed..Because His86 is 2 nm away from the region of GP Ibalpha with the largest surface of contact with VWF, the data suggest that the LRRs regulate GP Ibalpha affinity for VWF allosterically. ..
- McNees A, White Z, Zanwar P, Vilchez R, Butel J. Specific and quantitative detection of human polyomaviruses BKV, JCV, and SV40 by real time PCR. J Clin Virol. 2005;34:52-62 pubmed..These assays provide a technique for rapid and specific quantification of polyomavirus genomes per cell in human samples. ..
- Wang X, Zhang Y, Yang X, Nurieva R, Chang S, Ojeda S, et al. Transcription of Il17 and Il17f is controlled by conserved noncoding sequence 2. Immunity. 2012;36:23-31 pubmed publisher..CNS2-deficient animals were also shown to be resistant to experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE). Our results thus suggest that CNS2 is sufficient and necessary for Il17 and optimal Il17f gene transcription in Th17 cells. ..
- Jeong M, Sun D, Luo M, Huang Y, Challen G, Rodriguez B, et al. Large conserved domains of low DNA methylation maintained by Dnmt3a. Nat Genet. 2014;46:17-23 pubmed publisher..Genes dysregulated in human leukemias are enriched for canyon-associated genes. The new epigenetic landscape we describe may provide a mechanism for the regulation of hematopoiesis and may contribute to leukemia development. ..
- Cho Y, Chema D, Moskow J, Cho M, Schroeder W, Overbeek P, et al. Epidermal surface antigen (MS17S1) is highly conserved between mouse and human. Genomics. 1995;27:251-8 pubmed..These data suggest that both the function and the regulation of ESA protein are of importance and that Esa (M17S1) is not the nude locus gene. ..
- Yan W, Rajkovic A, Viveiros M, Burns K, Eppig J, Matzuk M. Identification of Gasz, an evolutionarily conserved gene expressed exclusively in germ cells and encoding a protein with four ankyrin repeats, a sterile-alpha motif, and a basic leucine zipper. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:1168-84 pubmed publisher
- Oesterreicher T, Henning S. Rapid induction of GATA transcription factors in developing mouse intestine following glucocorticoid administration. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2004;286:G947-53 pubmed..This novel finding constitutes an important first step in understanding the molecular mechanism of glucocorticoid action on the developing intestine. ..
- Schulze K, Broadie K, Perin M, Bellen H. Genetic and electrophysiological studies of Drosophila syntaxin-1A demonstrate its role in nonneuronal secretion and neurotransmission. Cell. 1995;80:311-20 pubmed..These data demonstrate that syntaxin plays a key role in nonneuronal secretion and is absolutely required for evoked neurotransmission. ..
- Crane A, Ledley F. Clustering of mutations in methylmalonyl CoA mutase associated with mut- methylmalonic acidemia. Am J Hum Genet. 1994;55:42-50 pubmed
- Chandler D, McGuffin M, Mattox W. Functionally antagonistic sequences are required for normal autoregulation of Drosophila tra-2 pre-mRNA splicing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:3012-9 pubmed..Our results indicate that antagonistic elements in the M1 intron act together to establish a context that is permissive for repression of splicing by TRA-2 while allowing efficient splicing in the absence of a repressor. ..
- Segura M, Lodeiro S, Meyer M, Patel A, Matsuda S. Directed evolution experiments reveal mutations at cycloartenol synthase residue His477 that dramatically alter catalysis. Org Lett. 2002;4:4459-62 pubmed..The His477Gln mutant produces 73% parkeol, 22% lanosterol, and 5% Delta(7)-lanosterol. These are the most accurate lanosterol synthase and parkeol synthase that have been generated by mutagenesis. ..
- Cheng N, Hirschi K. Cloning and characterization of CXIP1, a novel PICOT domain-containing Arabidopsis protein that associates with CAX1. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:6503-9 pubmed..In Arabidopsis, CXIP1 transcripts, like CAX1, accumulated in response to different metal conditions. This work thus characterizes a new class of signaling molecules in plants that may regulate CAX transporters in vivo. ..
- Kile B, Hentges K, Clark A, Nakamura H, Salinger A, Liu B, et al. Functional genetic analysis of mouse chromosome 11. Nature. 2003;425:81-6 pubmed..The mutations reveal new defects in haematopoiesis, craniofacial and cardiovascular development, and fertility. ..
- Villinski J, Kiyama T, Dayal S, Zhang N, Liang S, Klein W. Structure, expression, and transcriptional regulation of the Strongylocentrotus franciscanus spec gene family encoding intracellular calcium-binding proteins. Dev Genes Evol. 2005;215:410-22 pubmed..Our results show that the evolution of spec cis-regulatory elements is highly dynamic and that substantial alterations can occur when maintaining or grossly modifying gene expression patterns...
- Zhang L, Huang G, Wu J, Ruan K. A profile of the residues in the first intracellular loop critical for Gs-mediated signaling of human prostacyclin receptor characterized by an integrative approach of NMR-experiment and mutagenesis. Biochemistry. 2005;44:11389-401 pubmed..The conservation of the basic residues (Arg45 in the IP) in all of the prostanoid receptors suggests that the iLP1 regions of the other prostanoid receptors may also contain the epitopes important to their signaling. ..
- Jerng H, Dougherty K, Covarrubias M, Pfaffinger P. A novel N-terminal motif of dipeptidyl peptidase-like proteins produces rapid inactivation of KV4.2 channels by a pore-blocking mechanism. Channels (Austin). 2009;3:448-61 pubmed..This mechanism may offer an attractive target for novel pharmacological interventions directed at impairing I(SA) inactivation and reducing neuronal excitability. ..
- Rizzu P, Lindsay E, Taylor C, O Donnell H, Levy A, Scambler P, et al. Cloning and comparative mapping of a gene from the commonly deleted region of DiGeorge and Velocardiofacial syndromes conserved in C. elegans. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:639-43 pubmed..Mutation analysis was performed in 16 patients without deletion, but no mutation has been found. The cDNA sequence is conserved in mouse and is localized on MMU16B1-B3, known to contain a syntenic group in common with HSA 22q11.2. ..
- Perin M. Mirror image motifs mediate the interaction of the COOH terminus of multiple synaptotagmins with the neurexins and calmodulin. Biochemistry. 1996;35:13808-16 pubmed..These data suggest that multiple synaptotagmins may interact with neurexins to mediate docking or regulation of neurotransmitter release and that synaptotagmins may be calcium-regulated via interaction with calmodulin. ..
- Rincon Limas D, Lu C, Canal I, Calleja M, Rodriguez Esteban C, Izpisua Belmonte J, et al. Conservation of the expression and function of apterous orthologs in Drosophila and mammals. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:2165-70 pubmed..These results demonstrate the conservation of Ap protein function across phyla and argue that aspects of its expression pattern have also been conserved from a common ancestor of insects and vertebrates. ..
- Katsanis N, Eichers E, Ansley S, Lewis R, Kayserili H, Hoskins B, et al. BBS4 is a minor contributor to Bardet-Biedl syndrome and may also participate in triallelic inheritance. Am J Hum Genet. 2002;71:22-9 pubmed..Establishment of the loci pairing in triallelism is likely to be important for the elucidation of the functional relationships among the different BBS proteins. ..
- Dai J, Wang L, Sahin A, Broemeling L, Schutte M, Pan Y. NHERF (Na+/H+ exchanger regulatory factor) gene mutations in human breast cancer. Oncogene. 2004;23:8681-7 pubmed..Taken together, the results indicated NHERF to be a candidate tumor suppressor gene in human breast carcinoma that may be interconnected to the SYK and MERLIN suppressors. ..
- Sielaff B, Lee K, Tsai F. Structural and functional conservation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis GroEL paralogs suggests that GroEL1 Is a chaperonin. J Mol Biol. 2011;405:831-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data show that the apical domains of M. tuberculosis GroEL paralogs are conserved in three-dimensional structure, suggesting that GroEL1, like GroEL2, is a chaperonin. ..
- Valdez B, Perlaky L, Saijo Y, Henning D, Zhu C, Busch R, et al. A region of antisense RNA from human p120 cDNA with high homology to mouse p120 cDNA inhibits NIH 3T3 proliferation. Cancer Res. 1992;52:5681-6 pubmed..The high evolutionary conservation of the middle region suggests it has a critical role for the function of this protein. ..
- Decker W, Craigen W. The tissue-specific, alternatively spliced single ATG exon of the type 3 voltage-dependent anion channel gene does not create a truncated protein isoform in vivo. Mol Genet Metab. 2000;70:69-74 pubmed..Additionally, we have used a cross-species genomic sequence comparison to identify conserved regions that may be involved in the regulation of small exon splicing. ..
- Ware S, Peng J, Zhu L, Fernbach S, Colicos S, Casey B, et al. Identification and functional analysis of ZIC3 mutations in heterotaxy and related congenital heart defects. Am J Hum Genet. 2004;74:93-105 pubmed..These results further expand the phenotypic and genotypic spectrum of ZIC3 mutations and provide initial mechanistic insight into their functional consequences. ..
- Subbaraya I, Ruiz C, Helekar B, Zhao X, Gorczyca W, Pettenati M, et al. Molecular characterization of human and mouse photoreceptor guanylate cyclase-activating protein (GCAP) and chromosomal localization of the human gene. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:31080-9 pubmed..5 kilobases, 370 base pairs, and 347 base pairs). Using human/hamster hybrid panels and fluorescent in situ hybridization, the GCAP gene was localized to the short arm of chromosome 6 (p21.1). ..
- Kim H, Yang P, Qyang Y, Lai H, Du H, Henkel J, et al. Genetic and molecular characterization of Skb15, a highly conserved inhibitor of the fission yeast PAK, Shk1. Mol Cell. 2001;7:1095-101 pubmed..A mouse homolog of Skb15 can substitute for its counterpart in fission yeast, demonstrating that Skb15 protein function has been substantially conserved through evolution. ..
- Jaiswal A. Regulation of antioxidant response element-dependent induction of detoxifying enzyme synthesis. Methods Enzymol. 2004;378:221-38 pubmed
- Beckstead R, Ortiz J, Sanchez C, Prokopenko S, Chambon P, Losson R, et al. Bonus, a Drosophila homolog of TIF1 proteins, interacts with nuclear receptors and can inhibit betaFTZ-F1-dependent transcription. Mol Cell. 2001;7:753-65 pubmed..Bon binds via an LxxLL motif to the AF-2 activation domain present in the ligand binding domain of betaFTZ-F1 and behaves as a transcriptional inhibitor in vivo. ..
- Zhao Q, Chen K, Bejjani B, Lupski J. Cloning, genomic structure, and expression of mouse ring finger protein gene Znf179. Genomics. 1998;49:394-400 pubmed..Although contained within the SMS common deletion interval, FISH experiments show that ZNF179 is not deleted in two SMS patients with smaller deletions. ..
- Young H, Williams O, Chandra D, Bellinghausen L, Pérez G, Suárez A, et al. Central role of Muc5ac expression in mucous metaplasia and its regulation by conserved 5' elements. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2007;37:273-90 pubmed..In conclusion, Muc5ac expression is the central event in antigen-induced mucous metaplasia, and phylogenetically conserved 5' noncoding domains control its regulation. ..
- Kawai F, Paek S, Choi K, Prouty M, Kanipes M, Guerry P, et al. Crystal structure of JlpA, a surface-exposed lipoprotein adhesin of Campylobacter jejuni. J Struct Biol. 2012;177:583-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the structure provides framework for determining the molecular function of JlpA and new strategies for the rational design of small molecule inhibitors efficiently targeting JlpA. ..
- Acar M, Jafar Nejad H, Giagtzoglou N, Yallampalli S, David G, He Y, et al. Senseless physically interacts with proneural proteins and functions as a transcriptional co-activator. Development. 2006;133:1979-89 pubmed
- Li M, Chang B, Imamura M, Poungvarin N, Chan L. Glucose-dependent transcriptional regulation by an evolutionarily conserved glucose-sensing module. Diabetes. 2006;55:1179-89 pubmed..This evolutionally conserved mechanism may play an essential role in glucose-responsive gene regulation. ..
- Eraso J, Markillie L, Mitchell H, Taylor R, Orr G, Margolin W. The highly conserved MraZ protein is a transcriptional regulator in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2014;196:2053-66 pubmed publisher..In support of this, purified MraZ could directly bind to a putative operator site upstream of mioC, one of the repressed genes identified by RNA-seq...
- Li L, Lu X, Peterson C, Legerski R. An interaction between the DNA repair factor XPA and replication protein A appears essential for nucleotide excision repair. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:5396-402 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that the interaction between XPA and RPA is required for NER but that only the interaction with RPA-70 is essential. ..
- Gu P, Reid J, Gao X, Shaw C, Creighton C, Tran P, et al. Novel microRNA candidates and miRNA-mRNA pairs in embryonic stem (ES) cells. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2548 pubmed publisher..Perturbation of these pairs in the ES (GCNF(-/-)) mutant suggests a role for miRNAs in the core regulatory networks underlying ES cell self-renewal, pluripotence and differentiation. ..
- Izaddoost S, Nam S, Bhat M, Bellen H, Choi K. Drosophila Crumbs is a positional cue in photoreceptor adherens junctions and rhabdomeres. Nature. 2002;416:178-83 pubmed..The intracellular domain of CRB1 behaves similarly to its Drosophila counterpart when overexpressed in the fly eye. Our studies may provide clues for mechanisms of photoreceptor degeneration in RP12 and LCA. ..
- Eraso J, Kaplan S. Oxygen-insensitive synthesis of the photosynthetic membranes of Rhodobacter sphaeroides: a mutant histidine kinase. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:2695-706 pubmed..The genetic organization of the photosynthesis response regulatory (PRR) region is discussed. ..
- Wada H, Yeh E, Kamitani T. Identification of NEDD8-conjugation site in human cullin-2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;257:100-5 pubmed
- Chandler D, McGuffin M, Piskur J, Yao J, Baker B, Mattox W. Evolutionary conservation of regulatory strategies for the sex determination factor transformer-2. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:2908-19 pubmed..melanogaster and D. virilis is accomplished under the control of similar regulatory pathways...
- Sharan S, Bradley A. Murine Brca2: sequence, map position, and expression pattern. Genomics. 1997;40:234-41 pubmed..Expression of Brca2 was detected in midgestation embryos and adult testis, thymus, and ovary. ..
- Yang J, New L, Jiang Y, Han J, Su B. Molecular cloning and characterization of a human protein kinase that specifically activates c-Jun N-terminal kinase. Gene. 1998;212:95-102 pubmed..In conclusion, we have cloned the human homolog of murine MKK7 alpha, which may be an alternative spliced form of human JNKK2 involved in transducing specific upstream signals to regulate JNK activity in vivo. ..
- Li G, Walch E, Yang X, Lippman S, Clifford J. Cloning and characterization of the human retinoid X receptor alpha gene: conservation of structure with the mouse homolog. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;269:54-7 pubmed..These results provide information necessary to generate constructs for targeting the RXRalpha gene in human cell lines, which may eventually lead to an understanding of the function of RXRalpha in human cancer. ..
- Carson J, Fillmore R, Schwartz R, Zimmer W. The smooth muscle gamma-actin gene promoter is a molecular target for the mouse bagpipe homologue, mNkx3-1, and serum response factor. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:39061-72 pubmed..Thus, SMGA is a novel target for Nkx3-1, and the activity of Nkx3-1 on the SMGA promoter is dependent upon SRF. ..
- Lam Y, Bowman A, Jafar Nejad P, Lim J, Richman R, Fryer J, et al. ATAXIN-1 interacts with the repressor Capicua in its native complex to cause SCA1 neuropathology. Cell. 2006;127:1335-47 pubmed..These data provide insight into the function of ATXN1 and suggest that SCA1 neuropathology depends on native, not novel, protein interactions. ..
- Ye X, Tao Q, Wang Y, Cheng Y, Lotan R. Mechanisms underlying the induction of the putative human tumor suppressor GPRC5A by retinoic acid. Cancer Biol Ther. 2009;8:951-62 pubmed..These results demonstrate the importance of functional analysis for validating the activity of predicted response elements. ..
- Dudchenko O, Batra S, Omer A, Nyquist S, Hoeger M, Durand N, et al. De novo assembly of the Aedes aegypti genome using Hi-C yields chromosome-length scaffolds. Science. 2017;356:92-95 pubmed publisher..The genome assembly procedure we describe is fast, inexpensive, and accurate, and can be applied to many species. ..
- Perin M. The COOH terminus of synaptotagmin mediates interaction with the neurexins. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:8576-81 pubmed..I propose that the carboxyl terminus of synaptotagmin binds to the carboxyl terminus of the neurexins and that this interaction may mediate docking of synaptic vesicles or modulation of neurotransmitter release. ..
- Shen N, Pfaffinger P. Molecular recognition and assembly sequences involved in the subfamily-specific assembly of voltage-gated K+ channel subunit proteins. Neuron. 1995;14:625-33 pubmed..Finally, we show that the incompatibility of a Shaw A region for assembly with a Shaker protein depends upon the composition of a 30 amino acid conserved sequence in the A region...
- Fuentes Pananá E, Swaminathan S, Ling P. Transcriptional activation signals found in the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) latency C promoter are conserved in the latency C promoter sequences from baboon and Rhesus monkey EBV-like lymphocryptoviruses (cercopithicine herpesviruses 12 and 15). J Virol. 1999;73:826-33 pubmed..These results suggest that similar mechanisms for regulation of latent gene expression are conserved among the EBV-related lymphocryptoviruses found in nonhuman primates...
- Fielenbach N, Guardavaccaro D, Neubert K, Chan T, Li D, Feng Q, et al. DRE-1: an evolutionarily conserved F box protein that regulates C. elegans developmental age. Dev Cell. 2007;12:443-55 pubmed..The identification of core components involved in SCF-mediated modification and/or proteolysis suggests an important level of regulation in the heterochronic hierarchy. ..
- Yuan J, Ghosal G, Chen J. The HARP-like domain-containing protein AH2/ZRANB3 binds to PCNA and participates in cellular response to replication stress. Mol Cell. 2012;47:410-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study not only demonstrates the in vivo functions of AH2, but also reveals a common feature of this new subfamily of proteins with annealing activity. ..
- Atkins M, Jiang Y, Sansores Garcia L, Jusiak B, Halder G, Mardon G. Dynamic rewiring of the Drosophila retinal determination network switches its function from selector to differentiation. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003731 pubmed publisher..We conclude that changes in the regulatory relationships among members of the retinal determination gene network are a driving force for key transitions in retinal development. ..
- Schulz R, The S, Hogue D, Galewsky S, Guo Q. Ets oncogene-related gene Elg functions in Drosophila oogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:10076-80 pubmed
- Wang W, Shakes D. Molecular evolution of the 14-3-3 protein family. J Mol Evol. 1996;43:384-98 pubmed..A possible ancestral 14-3-3 sequence is proposed. ..
- Schaefer L, Prakash S, Zoghbi H. Cloning and characterization of a novel rho-type GTPase-activating protein gene (ARHGAP6) from the critical region for microphthalmia with linear skin defects. Genomics. 1997;46:268-77 pubmed..The possible role of the ARHGAP6 protein in the pathogenesis of MLS is discussed. ..
- He X, Hayashi N, Walcott N, Azuma Y, Patterson T, Bischoff F, et al. The identification of cDNAs that affect the mitosis-to-interphase transition in Schizosaccharomyces pombe, including sbp1, which encodes a spi1p-GTP-binding protein. Genetics. 1998;148:645-56 pubmed..med2 and med3 encode novel fission yeast proteins that, based on our phenotypic analyses, are likely to identify additional regulators or effectors of the spi1p GTPase system. ..
- Ohtoshi A, Nishijima I, Justice M, Behringer R. Dmbx1, a novel evolutionarily conserved paired-like homeobox gene expressed in the brain of mouse embryos. Mech Dev. 2002;110:241-4 pubmed..Dmbx1 provides a unique marker of the developing anterior nervous system and should provide a useful molecular resource to elucidate the mechanisms that pattern the vertebrate brain. ..
- Li D, Roberts R. WD-repeat proteins: structure characteristics, biological function, and their involvement in human diseases. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2001;58:2085-97 pubmed
- Bowne S, Sullivan L, Blanton S, Cepko C, Blackshaw S, Birch D, et al. Mutations in the inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase 1 gene (IMPDH1) cause the RP10 form of autosomal dominant retinitis pigmentosa. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:559-68 pubmed..Several classes of drugs are known to affect IMPDH isoenzymes, including nucleotide and NAD analogs, suggesting that small-molecule therapy may be available, one day, for RP10 patients. ..
- Tubb B, Mulholland D, Vogl W, Lan Z, Niederberger C, Cooney A, et al. Testis fascin (FSCN3): a novel paralog of the actin-bundling protein fascin expressed specifically in the elongate spermatid head. Exp Cell Res. 2002;275:92-109 pubmed..It is possible that testis fascin may function in the terminal elongation of the spermatid head and in microfilament rearrangements that accompany fertilization. ..
- Charlet B N, Logan P, Singh G, Cooper T. Dynamic antagonism between ETR-3 and PTB regulates cell type-specific alternative splicing. Mol Cell. 2002;9:649-58 pubmed..We conclude that cell-specific regulation results from the dominance of one among actively competing regulatory states rather than modulation of a nonregulated default state. ..
- Bi W, Saifi G, Shaw C, Walz K, Fonseca P, Wilson M, et al. Mutations of RAI1, a PHD-containing protein, in nondeletion patients with Smith-Magenis syndrome. Hum Genet. 2004;115:515-24 pubmed..These findings suggest RAI1 is involved in transcriptional control through a multi-protein complex whose function may be altered in individuals with SMS. ..
- Yu X, Odera S, Chuang C, Lu N, Zhou Z. C. elegans Dynamin mediates the signaling of phagocytic receptor CED-1 for the engulfment and degradation of apoptotic cells. Dev Cell. 2006;10:743-57 pubmed
- Wang X, Truckses D, Takada S, Matsumura T, Tanese N, Jacobson R. Conserved region I of human coactivator TAF4 binds to a short hydrophobic motif present in transcriptional regulators. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:7839-44 pubmed
- Tavsanli B, Ostrin E, Burgess H, Middlebrooks B, Pham T, Mardon G. Structure-function analysis of the Drosophila retinal determination protein Dachshund. Dev Biol. 2004;272:231-47 pubmed..Moreover, the physical interaction between Eya and DD2 is not required for the genetic synergy between the two proteins. Finally, we show that DD1 also plays a central role for nuclear localization of Dac. ..
- Pan J, Vakharia V, Tao Y. The structure of a birnavirus polymerase reveals a distinct active site topology. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:7385-90 pubmed..Our results indicate that the active site topology of VP1 may represent a newly developed branch in polymerase evolution, and that birnaviruses may have acquired the -ADN- mutation to control their growth rate...
- Li S, Shih C, Kohn M. Functional and evolutionary correlates of gene constellations in the Drosophila melanogaster genome that deviate from the stereotypical gene architecture. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:322 pubmed publisher..Thus, the need for their consideration would depend on the context of studies. ..
- Abu Elheiga L, Jayakumar A, Baldini A, Chirala S, Wakil S. Human acetyl-CoA carboxylase: characterization, molecular cloning, and evidence for two isoforms. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:4011-5 pubmed..That this second ACC-like gene encodes the 280-kDa carboxylase is not ruled out. ..
- Dryden S, Dowhan W. Isolation and expression of the Rhodobacter sphaeroides gene (pgsA) encoding phosphatidylglycerophosphate synthase. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:1030-8 pubmed..coli pgsA. Overexpression of PgsARs in either E. coli or R. sphaeroides did not have dramatic effects on the phospholipid composition of the cells, suggesting regulation of the activity of this enzyme in both organisms. ..
- Ouspenski I, Elledge S, Brinkley B. New yeast genes important for chromosome integrity and segregation identified by dosage effects on genome stability. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:3001-8 pubmed
- Mao C, Kiyama T, Pan P, Furuta Y, Hadjantonakis A, Klein W. Eomesodermin, a target gene of Pou4f2, is required for retinal ganglion cell and optic nerve development in the mouse. Development. 2008;135:271-80 pubmed..We conclude that Eomes is a crucial regulator positioned immediately downstream of Pou4f2 and is required for RGC differentiation and optic nerve development. ..
- Zhai P, Vu M, Hoff K, Silberg J. A conserved histidine in human DNLZ/HEP is required for stimulation of HSPA9 ATPase activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;408:589-94 pubmed publisher..These findings implicate a conserved histidine as critical for DNLZ regulation of mitochondrial HSPA9 catalytic activity. ..
- Lee T, Ding T, Chen Z, Rajendran V, Scherr H, Lackey M, et al. The E1 ubiquitin-activating enzyme Uba1 in Drosophila controls apoptosis autonomously and tissue growth non-autonomously. Development. 2008;135:43-52 pubmed..In summary, the phenotypic analysis of Uba1 demonstrates that impaired ubiquitin conjugation has significant consequences for the organism, and may implicate Uba1 as a tumor suppressor gene. ..
- Lin M, Eng C, Hawk E, Huang M, Lin J, Gu J, et al. Identification of polymorphisms in ultraconserved elements associated with clinical outcomes in locally advanced colorectal adenocarcinoma. Cancer. 2012;118:6188-98 pubmed publisher..The results suggested that SNPs within UCEs may be valuable prognostic biomarkers for patients with locally advanced CRC who receive 5-fluorouracil-based chemotherapy. ..
- Lutz B, Lu H, Eichele G, Miller D, Kaufman T. Rescue of Drosophila labial null mutant by the chicken ortholog Hoxb-1 demonstrates that the function of Hox genes is phylogenetically conserved. Genes Dev. 1996;10:176-84 pubmed
- Ansari Lari M, Oeltjen J, Schwartz S, Zhang Z, Muzny D, Lu J, et al. Comparative sequence analysis of a gene-rich cluster at human chromosome 12p13 and its syntenic region in mouse chromosome 6. Genome Res. 1998;8:29-40 pubmed
- Baldwin N, Dombroski A. Isolation and characterization of mutations in region 1.2 of Escherichia coli sigma70. Mol Microbiol. 2001;42:427-37 pubmed..2 during transcription initiation. In this study, we show that mutations in region 1.2 can affect promoter binding, open complex and initiated complex formation and the transition from abortive transcription to elongation. ..
- Zhang M, Goswami M, Hereld D. Constitutively active G protein-coupled receptor mutants block dictyostelium development. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:562-72 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that the DN mutants are constitutively activated and block development by turning on natural adaptation mechanisms. ..